Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Grr...

Jesse

I mentioned Horatio twice, to my family. Big mistake. The first time my mom says "he could be a 40 year old pedophile!" The second time, my brother and dad conjour up a fat 47 year old guy.

Everytime I mention someone on the internet they do this, and it's just stupid and it's a waste of brain power to think about. I mean, if Horatio is nice why does it matter so much if he's a 47 year old fat guy or not?

I hate this. I should be able to talk about my friends without people shaping them for me. :angry:

I mentioned Horatio twice, to my family. Big mistake. The first time my mom says "he could be a 40 year old pedophile!" The second time, my brother and dad conjour up a fat 47 year old guy.

Everytime I mention someone on the internet they do this, and it's just stupid and it's a waste of brain power to think about. I mean, if Horatio is nice why does it matter so much if he's a 47 year old fat guy or not?

I hate this. I should be able to talk about my friends without people shaping them for me. :angry:

I am sorry that your family feels this way. It is my opinion that your parents raised a very sensible, intelligent young man. You have a very good head on your shoulders and appear to have good judgement.

What you need to tell your mother is that all Moderators on HampsterDance are carefully screened by HampsterKing. He would never allow someone to be a Moderator who might jeopardize the safety of the poster's on the HampsterDance Boards. Moderator's do not have access to any email addresses or personal information of any of the posters.

Interesting concepts... they are somewhat stupid, no offense to your family. I mean, c'mon, if Horatio is nice, and there is no way of contacting you, doesn't that mean that theres nothing wrong here? :huh::blink:

I am sorry that your family feels this way.  It is my opinion that your parents raised a very sensible, intelligent young man.  You have a very good head on your shoulders and appear to have good judgement.

What you need to tell your mother is that all Moderators on HampsterDance are carefully screened by HampsterKing.  He would never allow someone to be a Moderator who might jeopardize the safety of the poster's on the HampsterDance Boards.  Moderator's do not have access to any email addresses or personal information of any of the posters.

Lol, you kinda do. You've emailed me like 5 times and you know my stats and all cause Sheena was talkin about it. Lol. And are you a 47 year old fat guy? Lol

I have my ideas about the admins. although it could easily apply to horatio as well.

in Fact I would be surprised if noone here could be considered part of that group, however, hopefully not the part who apparently hijacked the name of the group for their own . . . purposes.

but perhaps the issue never came Up until now,

although I consider it a non-issue.

that probably makes very little sense. unless you know to what I refeR?

Eh, well, that's why my mum came on here. I would have preferd that she didn't cos she could have found that one thing that I put about her. Heh heh. That would have made my day...really. Well, this is really one of the safest message boards on the 'net, it's not like some of those chat rooms where you can ask anything. Well, actually I was wanting to figure out what you could say. heh heh. long story.

Lol, you kinda do. You've emailed me like 5 times and you know my stats and all cause Sheena was talkin about it. Lol. And are you a 47 year old fat guy? Lol

On the other boards, I could send you a private message and it would appear in the email address that you submitted. On this board I am not able to do that. As for the personal stats, I did not have access to that information, if Sheena did, she had more access than I did. I have no access to any personal information on these boards, I cannot send private messages to your email and I was screened extensively by HampsterKing.

The main objective of these boards is to keep you all safe. That is why everyone works so hard not to allow email addresses, screen names, usernames, URL links, and so forth. :mellow:

I am sorry that your family feels this way.  It is my opinion that your parents raised a very sensible, intelligent young man.  You have a very good head on your shoulders and appear to have good judgement.

What you need to tell your mother is that all Moderators on HampsterDance are carefully screened by HampsterKing.  He would never allow someone to be a Moderator who might jeopardize the safety of the poster's on the HampsterDance Boards.  Moderator's do not have access to any email addresses or personal information of any of the posters.

I have said numerous times to them that I am not giving out my address or other info anytime soon, and they seem to be content with that, concerning safety.

The whole reason they did that stuff was to get on my back about the fact that I am unsure about people's identities online, which as I said before is a waste of brain power since that should not determine who you talk to, 47 year old fat guy or 14 year old blonde or whatnot. Either way, each time I bring it up they find a new identity to describe you guys -_- I wonder what they'll think of next. Isn't this FUN?? :rolleyes:

I have said numerous times to them that I am not giving out my address or other info anytime soon, and they seem to be content with that, concerning safety.

The whole reason they did that stuff was to get on my back about the fact that I am unsure about people's identities online, which as I said before is a waste of brain power since that should not determine who you talk to, 47 year old fat guy or 14 year old blonde or whatnot. Either way, each time I bring it up they find a new identity to describe you guys -_- I wonder what they'll think of next. Isn't this FUN??  :rolleyes:

As you are aware, I wouldn't let you give out any private information. They would have to worry more about your boards then HampsterDance. :huh::huh::huh:

As you are aware, I wouldn't let you give out any private information.  They would have to worry more about your boards then HampsterDance. :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

I don't let them give out specific information either. I do allow contact info though since it's just me, Terr, and MW.

I mean, yeah, a 14-year-old blonde could be as much as a preditor to a 47-year-old fat guy. It just matters your point of perspective. Sometimes I pretend to be 47 Fat or Blondie, just to see how people react, which I'm not, but I enjoy messing with people's heads.

I mean, yeah, a 14-year-old blonde could be as much as a preditor to a 47-year-old fat guy. It just matters your point of perspective. Sometimes I pretend to be 47 Fat or Blondie, just to see how people react, which I'm not, but I enjoy messing with people's heads.

Just be very careful that it doesn't come back to bite you! :blink:

On the other boards, I could send you a private message and it would appear in the email address that you submitted.  On this board I am not able to do that.  As for the personal stats, I did not have access to that information, if Sheena did, she had more access than I did.  I have no access to any personal information on these boards, I cannot send private messages to your email and I was screened extensively by HampsterKing.

The main objective of these boards is to keep you all safe.  That is why everyone works so hard not to allow email addresses, screen names, usernames, URL links, and so forth. :mellow:

Well, out of all the bourds I've visited when trying to find a safe bourd to stay at this was the friendliest and safest bourd ever!

The whole reason they did that stuff was to get on my back about the fact that I am unsure about people's identities online, which as I said before is a waste of brain power since that should not determine who you talk to, 47 year old fat guy or 14 year old blonde or whatnot. Either way, each time I bring it up they find a new identity to describe you guys -_- I wonder what they'll think of next. Isn't this FUN??  :rolleyes:

Well, you can tell them that I have not lied on here. I tell just the truth. And most people on here do too.

I can see where your parents are coming from Jesse. My parents are kinda paranoid about me posting personal info too, so I don't go beyond the state I live in. As for who's real and who's not, I'd say that anyone who's been here for over a year and doesn't raise any real trouble is probably who they say they are. Mods are definately safe, because, as Horatio said, they are screened by HK. You just have to be careful. Like Maggles (for those who remember). I'm not so sure that she was who she said she was. People who all of the sudden post that they love you and then disappear when they realize that it's not mutual might be something to look out for. Also keep an eye to see that their stories are consistant (how many siblings, birthdays, etc.) someone who contradicts themself often probably isn't real. You all can know that I'm who I say I am. I've been around for a long time, never pulled anything stupid, and my stories are consistant. I know Jesse is real because I talk to him in several different places and all stories are the same.

so basically Jesse, I can see why your family is concerned, but going overboard and coming up with fake descriptions for people just isn't nice. They're just being immature. :)

I can see where your parents are coming from Jesse. My parents are kinda paranoid about me posting personal info too, so I don't go beyond the state I live in. As for who's real and who's not, I'd say that anyone who's been here for over a year and doesn't raise any real trouble is probably who they say they are. Mods are definately safe, because, as Horatio said, they are screened by HK. You just have to be careful. Like Maggles (for those who remember). I'm not so sure that she was who she said she was. People who all of the sudden post that they love you and then disappear when they realize that it's not mutual might be something to look out for. Also keep an eye to see that their stories are consistant (how many siblings, birthdays, etc.) someone who contradicts themself often probably isn't real. You all can know that I'm who I say I am. I've been around for a long time, never pulled anything stupid, and my stories are consistant. I know Jesse is real because I talk to him in several different places and all stories are the same.

so basically Jesse, I can see why your family is concerned, but going overboard and coming up with fake descriptions for people just isn't nice. They're just being immature. :)

Maggles...ugh.

Yeah, I can trust that most people like you and MW and Horatio, etc. are being true about their identity. I can't see why you'd lie about it anyway. You aren't trying to get a date or a ride to the mall or anything like that, you guys just want to be friends. ^_^

I think my family is finally stopping the whole identity thing now. :)

Maggles...ugh.

Yeah, I can trust that most people like you and MW and Horatio, etc. are being true about their identity. I can't see why you'd lie about it anyway. You aren't trying to get a date or a ride to the mall or anything like that, you guys just want to be friends. ^_^

I think my family is finally stopping the whole identity thing now. :)

Yup. I'm glad to hear that. And you're right, people who are up to no good usually do ask things like that. I think it wouls be really cool if they had a Hampsterdance convention though, and then we could all meet in person! And it would be safe.

In the Gossip section Toto just admitted she's 15, not 12, either that or shes just joking, but I think shes serious cuz she sure doesn't act 12(and that meant in a good way).

I never thought Toto was 12.... She acts much more mature than some people on this board (I will not mention there name because they will just get angry and have a (swearing) fit)

The second time, my brother and dad conjour up a fat  47 year old guy.

Why does weight make a diffference? That really doesnt make a difference to me. As my best friend once said "Its not whats on the outside that counts, its whats on the inside thats important." You see, we were in second grade (so long ago. like 6 years!)

Eeks, appearently my mom lost a $2,800 check (yes, in a log).  :blink: Hope they can find it...

It is not a disaster if they canNOT find it. They need to tell the issuing party that they have lost the check. The issuing party will then Stop Payment on the check and issue a second, replacement check. So, no panic please. :)

Yup. I'm glad to hear that. And you're right, people who are up to no good usually do ask things like that. I think it wouls be really cool if they had a Hampsterdance convention though, and then we could all meet in person! And it would be safe.

Safe? So when there is a.... attack on me (v.likely) there will be nice guards who will trucheon the attacker?

• 2 weeks later...

Meeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwww

Jesse, I was just wondering... when a Timber Wolf has lip fungus, does he lose his hair where the fungus is?  Did you ever get rid of your lip fungus? :unsure:  :blink:  :unsure:

I told you, I DON'T HAVE LIP FUNGUS! :angry::P

Has anyone even seen that commercial? :unsure:

(And no, wolves have not fallen victim to lip fungus yet. Yay!)

lol i havent seen the commercial......what were they advertising relating to lip fungus?????? :blink::P:blink:

i think my parents are more happy about me posting here than on goin on msn to be honest, there are some wierd ppl hu add me like this ''samo lamo'' dude we have no idea hu he is and hav blocked him on countless times, but still end up talkin to him again.....weve tryed everything to find out if its someone playing a trick on us...nothing has worked... :mellow:

lol i havent seen the commercial......what were they advertising relating to lip fungus?????? :blink::P  :blink:

i think my parents are more happy about me posting here than on goin on msn to be honest, there are some wierd ppl hu add me like this ''samo lamo'' dude we have no idea hu he is and hav blocked him on countless times, but still end up talkin to him again.....weve tryed everything to find out if its someone playing a trick on us...nothing has worked... :mellow:

It is a really funny cell phone add. I cannot remember which one exactly, but it is great!

:lol::lol::lol:

Umm..No?..?..? :blink:  :huh:  :unsure:  :mellow:

Yeah, there was this girl showing off her phone that dictates what you say to it, so she messaged a friend saying "Thanks mike, I had fun last night." And it read back as "Thanks mike, I have lip fungus." She tried multiple times without avail. Eventually she just yelled "I DO NOT HAVE LIP FUNGUS!" And the whole party stopped and everyone looked at her...good times, good times. *nod*

Yeah, there was this girl showing off her phone that dictates what you say to it, so she messaged a friend saying "Thanks mike, I had fun last night." And it read back as "Thanks mike, I have lip fungus." She tried multiple times without avail. Eventually she just yelled "I DO NOT HAVE LIP FUNGUS!" And the whole party stopped and everyone looked at her...good times, good times. *nod*

:lol::lol::lol:

That is really a good commercial.

*returns to this topic after thinking that Jesse may be watching just a bit TOO much television*

:blink::unsure::blink:

lol tht advert sounds kool!! we had an obsession wiv the karma chameleon song froma fone ad a while bk

*returns to this topic after thinking that Jesse may be watching just a bit TOO much television*

:blink:  :unsure:  :blink:

That was during our vacation in New Hampshire, so I had a right to. I normally watch like 1 hour a day :P

Interesting, I haven't seen that commercial in Connecticut yet. But maybe I just keep missing it...hmm.

That was during our vacation in New Hampshire, so I had a right to. I normally watch like 1 hour a day  :P

Interesting, I haven't seen that commercial in Connecticut yet. But maybe I just keep missing it...hmm.

i really want it to come in the uk now!! my friend is goin to new york in the crimbo holiday tho so ill tell her to look out for it :D

It is still on in Florida.  Of course, we are behind the rest of the country when it comes to things.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

lol behind is gud in this case!!! being being in my english coursework isnt so lucky though eek :blink:

Aaahhhhh, I can see why you are not so lucky in your English coursework.... you are being being! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:D:D oopsie :D:D

• 11 months later...
Okay, someone needs to direct me to the origin of this whole "Jesse has lip fungus" joke. :lol:

I saw this cell phone commercial where this woman at a party was showing off her phone that messaged people based on speech, so she said into it "Thanks mike I had fun last night," and the phone said back to her "Thanks mike I have lip fungus" and after several tries she gets so mad she screams at the phone "I DO NOT HAVE LIP FUNGUS!" and everyone stops and looks at her :lol:

Okay, someone needs to direct me to the origin of this whole "Jesse has lip fungus" joke. :lol:

I saw this cell phone commercial where this woman at a party was showing off her phone that messaged people based on speech, so she said into it "Thanks mike I had fun last night," and the phone said back to her "Thanks mike I have lip fungus" and after several tries she gets so mad she screams at the phone "I DO NOT HAVE LIP FUNGUS!" and everyone stops and looks at her :lol:

I knew you would return to answer. :D

Ahhh. I never knew the joke either.

Very funny commercial! :lol:

Yeah, but what does that have to do with you having lip fingus? :huh:

:lol: that explains a lot. :lol:

Very funny commercial! :lol:

I giggled to myself when I first saw it. :lol:

I quoted "I do not have lip fungus!" in my sig and then people took the "I" to be from me.

• 2 weeks later...

I quoted "I do not have lip fungus!" in my sig and then people took the "I" to be from me.

Ah, okay. You left that part out. :P