Hampsterdance Discussion Board

My place. :)

Jesusfreak

So, I was sitting here with my computer, and I kept smelling chocolate. And I was wondering where it came from. Turns out chocolate had somehow managed to melt itself all over the bottom of my laptop, and, consequently, my pants and bed. <_ oh well my sheets probably needed to be washed anyways. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

:lol::lol::lol:

Now that deserves an award!!!

*hands Jesusfreak The Double Gold Star Award*

Good one!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I was sitting here with my computer, and I kept smelling chocolate. And I was wondering where it came from. Turns out chocolate had somehow managed to melt itself all over the bottom of my laptop, and, consequently, my pants and bed. <_< Oh well, my sheets probably needed to be washed anyways. :rolleyes:

Good one!

lol thanks :P

So, I was sitting here with my computer, and I kept smelling chocolate. And I was wondering where it came from. Turns out chocolate had somehow managed to melt itself all over the bottom of my laptop, and, consequently, my pants and bed. <_ oh well my sheets probably needed to be washed anyways. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:">

Good one!

lol thanks :P

I hope you know that this one you will never be able to live down. :D

So, I was sitting here with my computer, and I kept smelling chocolate. And I was wondering where it came from. Turns out chocolate had somehow managed to melt itself all over the bottom of my laptop, and, consequently, my pants and bed. <_< Oh well, my sheets probably needed to be washed anyways. :rolleyes:

Oh my! Maybe you should feed it more. Once I had an old laptop and it was infested by ants. :wacko:

Oh my! Maybe you should feed it more. Once I had an old laptop and it was infested by ants. :wacko:

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now that is bad. I won't ask how that came to be. :lol:

I overfeed my laptop enough as it is. The sims2 games take up a massive amount of memory.... :rolleyes: Ants? That would mess things up I can imagine. :wacko:

Ohhhhhhhhhh. Now that is bad. I won't ask how that came to be. :lol:

Well it was passed down from my brother who just spilled soda on it at one point. :rolleyes:

Yay good news! Phil is coming over tomorrow! ^_^ Which makes tomorrow super insane, but fun. Lots of driving involved. And also me getting up early(er than usual). :rolleyes:

I can only imagine just how happy you are!!!!

Have a really great day! :D

It was fun. We spent most of the day playing video games, mostly DDR, which was fun times. ^_^

Yay good news! Phil is coming over tomorrow! ^_^ Which makes tomorrow super insane, but fun. Lots of driving involved. And also me getting up early(er than usual). :rolleyes:

It was fun. We spent most of the day playing video games, mostly DDR, which was fun times. ^_^

So nice to hear you have a great day. :D

You deserve days like this.

^_^ Yesterday my dad, sister, and I spent the night at camp on our way down to grandma's. It was a bit chilly, but I had my winter sleeping bad and ended up being too hot. And then there was the flying squirrel that broke in and made all sorts of noise and kept me from sleeping. <_< When we were almost at grandma's house, some lady pulled out in front of us and cut us off. She was then all over the road, doing at least 80 in a 45. We lost sight of her around a turn, and when we rounded that turn, sure enough she had crashed into someone pretty hard. It's amazing she wasn't hurt, her car was totalled. We were the first car behind her, and my sister is an EMT so we pulled over to make sure she was okay, make sure someone called 911, and tell the cops what happened. We're pretty sure she was on some sort of drugs because she had pinpoint pupils, a heartbeat of 240 (at least twice as much as it should be), and was kinda slurring her words. :wacko: And then we had the family Christmas party, which was fun times. And now I'm back at grandma's house. I was helping dad try and get a webcam system to work for grandma, but he seems to have given up on that for the night. We're going to leave reasonably early tomorrow, because our home is expected to get hit with a pretty decent snowstorm tomorrow night and all day Monday. *becomes all excited and happy like a five-year-old because of the snow* ^_^

Yay good news! Phil is coming over tomorrow! Which makes tomorrow super insane, but fun. Lots of driving involved. And also me getting up early(er than usual).

Have a really great day!

^_^ Yesterday my dad, sister, and I spent the night at camp on our way down to grandma's. It was a bit chilly, but I had my winter sleeping bad and ended up being too hot. And then there was the flying squirrel that broke in and made all sorts of noise and kept me from sleeping. <_ when we were almost at grandma house some lady pulled out in front of us and cut off. she was then all over the road doing least a lost sight her around turn rounded that sure enough had crashed into someone pretty hard. it amazing wasn hurt car totalled. first behind my sister is an emt so to make okay called tell cops what happened. on sort drugs because pinpoint pupils heartbeat twice as much should be kinda slurring words. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png" alt=":wacko:"> And then we had the family Christmas party, which was fun times. And now I'm back at grandma's house. I was helping dad try and get a webcam system to work for grandma, but he seems to have given up on that for the night. We're going to leave reasonably early tomorrow, because our home is expected to get hit with a pretty decent snowstorm tomorrow night and all day Monday. *becomes all excited and happy like a five-year-old because of the snow* ^_^

Talk about a lot of excitement. Never in my wildest dreams can I imagine being "hot" in a sleeping bag, while camping out in the NORTH!!!!! :o As for the flying squirrel, I just love those little guys! Of course, they are relatives of mine, but we have to use planes to fly as we have no "wings". :lol: Regarding the lady, it is great that your sister is an EMT, she was able to check on the people in the accident and make sure no one was really hurt. Have a safe trip back home. Hopefully after you have returned safely to your nest, then there be a blizzard.

Yay good news! Phil is coming over tomorrow! Which makes tomorrow super insane, but fun. Lots of driving involved. And also me getting up early(er than usual).

Have a really great day!

^_^ Yesterday my dad, sister, and I spent the night at camp on our way down to grandma's. It was a bit chilly, but I had my winter sleeping bad and ended up being too hot. And then there was the flying squirrel that broke in and made all sorts of noise and kept me from sleeping. <_< When we were almost at grandma's house, some lady pulled out in front of us and cut us off. She was then all over the road, doing at least 80 in a 45. We lost sight of her around a turn, and when we rounded that turn, sure enough she had crashed into someone pretty hard. It's amazing she wasn't hurt, her car was totalled. We were the first car behind her, and my sister is an EMT so we pulled over to make sure she was okay, make sure someone called 911, and tell the cops what happened. We're pretty sure she was on some sort of drugs because she had pinpoint pupils, a heartbeat of 240 (at least twice as much as it should be), and was kinda slurring her words. :wacko: And then we had the family Christmas party, which was fun times. And now I'm back at grandma's house. I was helping dad try and get a webcam system to work for grandma, but he seems to have given up on that for the night. We're going to leave reasonably early tomorrow, because our home is expected to get hit with a pretty decent snowstorm tomorrow night and all day Monday. *becomes all excited and happy like a five-year-old because of the snow* ^_^

Talk about a lot of excitement. Never in my wildest dreams can I imagine being "hot" in a sleeping bag, while camping out in the NORTH!!!!! :o As for the flying squirrel, I just love those little guys! Of course, they are relatives of mine, but we have to use planes to fly as we have no "wings". :lol: Regarding the lady, it is great that your sister is an EMT, she was able to check on the people in the accident and make sure no one was really hurt. Have a safe trip back home. Hopefully after you have returned safely to your nest, then there be a blizzard.

lol I know. It is easy to be hot in a sleeping bag. We had a fire lit in the cabin, and my sleeping bag has a 15 degree (F) rating, it's meant for the winter. Flying squirrels are beautiful creatures, but not when they're making lots of noise while I'm trying to sleep. I thought it was a mouse until I shined a flashlight at it. Jenny being an EMT comes in handy pretty often. And I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get home safe. We should get home before the snow/rain even starts, but even then, my parents can drive in anything.

Today was fun. ^_^ I went over to Phil's house, and there was the usual DDR, wii sports, and we watched a movie. And we also went and got dinner at Friendly's. And the service there was actually fast! :o (The Friendly's in my town is notorious for slow service, you'll never see another restaurant with more kids who remembered to bring their game boys because they know it's going to be awhile). So yeah, lots of fun. ^_^

As for that snow storm, it only ended up being about an inch of snow. Lame. <_<

Tomorrow I have to get laundry done and maybe start packing. Friday we're probably going to go look at cars again*, and more packing. Saturday I go back to college. ^_^

*Oh yeah, yesterday we went out to look at cars (because I'm going to need one to get to wherever my field work ends up being for my education class). And it was fun times, albeit chilly. The car salesman that was working with us was actually a really nice guy, he never tried to sell us anything that we didn't want, or try to get us to go for something out of our price range. And he was honest when there were things wrong with the cars. So we wrote down a list of what we were interested in, and he's going to get prices for us by Friday, when we take Dad in to look at the cars as well.

Friendly's! I love that place. My favorite is Butter Crunch Ice Cream! Slow service, that can be a problem, but if you anticipate it, then it is bearable, especially when the food is good.

Car shopping... I rank that on the bottom of my things to do list along with regular shopping. A necessary evil. Hope you find the car you like.

Friendly's! I love that place. My favorite is Butter Crunch Ice Cream! Slow service, that can be a problem, but if you anticipate it, then it is bearable, especially when the food is good.

Car shopping... I rank that on the bottom of my things to do list along with regular shopping. A necessary evil. Hope you find the car you like.

I can't eat ice cream, so I got a brownie. ^_^ The problem was that I could hardly eat anything for some reason. I think it's because driving makes me really nervous, which makes me kinda not feel well and unable to eat much. This creates the problem later on of my being hungry to the point of nausea and still unable to eat (my present state <_< )

Car shopping isn't too bad as long as the salesman you're working with isn't a jerk (and sadly most of them are). My biggest problem is looking at cars with my dad. He doesn't like car shopping, he just likes cars. So he likes to look at all the cars *he* wants. "Hey, look at this car!" "It's a standard Dad." "Yeah, but once you learn to drive standard I guarantee you'll like it better!" "But at the moment, I *cant* drive standard...." "Hey this car is cool!" "Dad that's a lotus, we can't afford that...." You get the idea. :rolleyes:

I can't eat ice cream, so I got a brownie. ^_^ The problem was that I could hardly eat anything for some reason. I think it's because driving makes me really nervous, which makes me kinda not feel well and unable to eat much. This creates the problem later on of my being hungry to the point of nausea and still unable to eat (my present state <_>

Car shopping isn't too bad as long as the salesman you're working with isn't a jerk (and sadly most of them are). My biggest problem is looking at cars with my dad. He doesn't like car shopping, he just likes cars. So he likes to look at all the cars *he* wants. "Hey, look at this car!" "It's a standard Dad." "Yeah, but once you learn to drive standard I guarantee you'll like it better!" "But at the moment, I *cant* drive standard...." "Hey this car is cool!" "Dad that's a lotus, we can't afford that...." You get the idea. :rolleyes:

I have to say one thing... it is very easy to learn standard, and once you learn standard, it is the ONLY way to drive a car. If you find a car you like, and it is standard, you will learn to drive it in a flash. Trust me on this one.

As for car shopping with your father, it would make me crazy. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you can't eat ice cream. You are missing the best ice cream in the world.

I can't eat ice cream, so I got a brownie. ^_^ The problem was that I could hardly eat anything for some reason. I think it's because driving makes me really nervous, which makes me kinda not feel well and unable to eat much. This creates the problem later on of my being hungry to the point of nausea and still unable to eat (my present state <_< )

I have to say one thing... it is very easy to learn standard, and once you learn standard, it is the ONLY way to drive a car. If you find a car you like, and it is standard, you will learn to drive it in a flash. Trust me on this one.

As for car shopping with your father, it would make me crazy. Good luck.

Sorry to hear you can't eat ice cream. You are missing the best ice cream in the world.

I believe it, but right now driving an automatic is more than enough challenge, plus I'll be driving in NJ. No way I'm going to attempt to learn standard in NJ. Not while I'm still this inexperienced. But someday, I do plan on learning standard. Just not in the next two days. >_< Yeah, dad can be frustrating, but I'm used to it. Still gets mom nuts though... :rolleyes: And for ice cream, I don't mind much. There's a brand of soy ice cream that I like that's actually really good. Plus if I was able to eat ice cream, I'd probably be a good 20 pounds heavier. :rolleyes: And yes, there were quite a few commas in your last post. Better than a run on sentence though.

Today my parents decided it was a good day to celebrate my birthday since I'm going to be at college by the time of my actual birthday. They got me Rock Band (the playstation game) and a pretty necklace, and my sister got me the Sims 2 Holiday Stuff expansion pack. And we also went out to dinner. It was snowing pretty hard when we left, half the time we couldn't see the lines in the road. But where I live is a good bit south from where we ate dinner, so it's all rain here. :closedeyes: But I'm still happy anyways. ^_^

I spent most of my day today packing and looking up used cars online (the used car guy from the other place basically blew us off about finding the prices of the cars we wanted. >_> ) And also helping Jenny's bf Tommy come over here as a surprise visit. He had told her on the phone that he couldn't come over, and she was pretty upset about it. A few minutes later, he IM'd me to see if I could get him a ride to our house from the bus stop the next town over. (Which we managed to do, since Dad and I went out to look a a car near there anyways). And when we came back with Tommy, Jenny was happy. ^_^

Oh and this is *really* dumb, but I'm going to share it with you all anyways just because it's on my mind. Two things actually. The less stupid thing is that I was talking to Phil online today and he said that it gets lonely when I'm not online. :wub: The more stupid (and rather inconvenient) thing is that I realized he gives me butterflies in my stomach. Which is cute and all (it's just like when I had a crush on that guy from middle school), but, like being nervous (really the same biological reaction I think, just with a more positive social connotation), it makes me nauseous and unable to eat much without feeling sick. I noticed it the last two times when I was with him that I wasn't feeling well enough to eat at meal times. The first time I thought that my dinner from the night before had upset my stomach, and this past time, I attributed it to being nervous from driving. So I decided to challenge that theory by looking through some pictures of him on his profile, which, sure enough, elicited the same reaction. Cute, but aggravating. He's going to think I'm anorexic or something. >_<

I spent most of my day today packing and looking up used cars online (the used car guy from the other place basically blew us off about finding the prices of the cars we wanted. >_> ) And also helping Jenny's bf Tommy come over here as a surprise visit. He had told her on the phone that he couldn't come over, and she was pretty upset about it. A few minutes later, he IM'd me to see if I could get him a ride to our house from the bus stop the next town over. (Which we managed to do, since Dad and I went out to look a a car near there anyways). And when we came back with Tommy, Jenny was happy. ^_^

Oh and this is *really* dumb, but I'm going to share it with you all anyways just because it's on my mind. Two things actually. The less stupid thing is that I was talking to Phil online today and he said that it gets lonely when I'm not online. :wub: The more stupid (and rather inconvenient) thing is that I realized he gives me butterflies in my stomach. Which is cute and all (it's just like when I had a crush on that guy from middle school), but, like being nervous (really the same biological reaction I think, just with a more positive social connotation), it makes me nauseous and unable to eat much without feeling sick. I noticed it the last two times when I was with him that I wasn't feeling well enough to eat at meal times. The first time I thought that my dinner from the night before had upset my stomach, and this past time, I attributed it to being nervous from driving. So I decided to challenge that theory by looking through some pictures of him on his profile, which, sure enough, elicited the same reaction. Cute, but aggravating. He's going to think I'm anorexic or something. >_

:wub: :wub: :wub:

We could always call it... The Love Diet! :lol:

Just kidding about that. I would like to say that you will more comfortable soon, but I am only hamster and not Dr. Phil.

Honestly, I think it is great that you and Phil are seeing more of each other.

Jenny and Tommy, I know had a great day, thanks to you!

Oh and this is *really* dumb, but I'm going to share it with you all anyways just because it's on my mind. Two things actually. The less stupid thing is that I was talking to Phil online today and he said that it gets lonely when I'm not online. :wub: The more stupid (and rather inconvenient) thing is that I realized he gives me butterflies in my stomach. Which is cute and all (it's just like when I had a crush on that guy from middle school), but, like being nervous (really the same biological reaction I think, just with a more positive social connotation), it makes me nauseous and unable to eat much without feeling sick. I noticed it the last two times when I was with him that I wasn't feeling well enough to eat at meal times. The first time I thought that my dinner from the night before had upset my stomach, and this past time, I attributed it to being nervous from driving. So I decided to challenge that theory by looking through some pictures of him on his profile, which, sure enough, elicited the same reaction. Cute, but aggravating. He's going to think I'm anorexic or something. >_<

Just kidding about that. I would like to say that you will more comfortable soon, but I am only hamster and not Dr. Phil.

lol I hope so. I'd like to get to know Phil better without the interference of butterflies. And I'm skinny enough as it is, so not eating won't be a good thing. And what kills me is that being the person that I am, I want to explain to him why I'm not eating like a normal person, but I can't, because if he doesn't feel the same way, it would make it awkward. >_< And yes, Jenny and Tommy are quite happy. When we got to the house, Tommy stayed behind in the front porch while Dad and I went inside. Tommy was going to call her and say, "I see you..." or something silly like that, but just after we walked in, Jenny went out on the front porch to find her jacket, and instead found Tommy, which resulted in a rather loud "OHMYGOSH!!!!!!!111one" And lots of giggles.

Oh and this is *really* dumb, but I'm going to share it with you all anyways just because it's on my mind. Two things actually. The less stupid thing is that I was talking to Phil online today and he said that it gets lonely when I'm not online. :wub: The more stupid (and rather inconvenient) thing is that I realized he gives me butterflies in my stomach. Which is cute and all (it's just like when I had a crush on that guy from middle school), but, like being nervous (really the same biological reaction I think, just with a more positive social connotation), it makes me nauseous and unable to eat much without feeling sick. I noticed it the last two times when I was with him that I wasn't feeling well enough to eat at meal times. The first time I thought that my dinner from the night before had upset my stomach, and this past time, I attributed it to being nervous from driving. So I decided to challenge that theory by looking through some pictures of him on his profile, which, sure enough, elicited the same reaction. Cute, but aggravating. He's going to think I'm anorexic or something. >_

lol I hope so. I'd like to get to know Phil better without the interference of butterflies. And I'm skinny enough as it is, so not eating won't be a good thing. And what kills me is that being the person that I am, I want to explain to him why I'm not eating like a normal person, but I can't, because if he doesn't feel the same way, it would make it awkward. >_

I would have loved to have been on the porch to see Jenny or Tommy.

The butterflies sort of subside and change. They eventually become excitement type flutterbies.

I'm back at college now! ^_^

I'm guessing your classes don't start until Tuesday. Good luck with your next semester. B)

No, they start tomorrow. We don't get off for MLK day. <_< But all my friends are back now, which is good. Lara is now living in the same building as us, only upstairs (she was the one that was living on the other side of campus). A bunch of us were playing rock band in the lounge (I got it for my birthday, don't remember if I mentioned that yet), which was fun times. And our lounge got a new, functioning, flat screen, wall mounted TV. It's shiny ^_^. And a little after dinner, a couple of us went out grocery shopping, which was also a good thing.

And our lounge got a new, functioning, flat screen, wall mounted TV. It's shiny ^_^.

Now that is a description you won't see the advert people using to describe their teles.

To me, that is the biggest waste of money.

Hahaha :D Nah, it's really nice. Our old TV was small, and you couldn't plug anything into it. The DVD player didn't work, and the remote controls not only didn't work, but one was clearly marked as belonging to another building. The new one has a workding DVD player, and already has the AV hookups for most major game systems attached to it. It's pretty sweet. ^_^

Oh, and first day of classes was today. I only had two: Statistics and Research Design and Choir. The first one has an awesome teacher who has *gasp* common sense! She seems really nice. And choir has a new professor too. She apparently taught our college's choir for over 20 years before letting her son take over. Then he left for FL, and we had a different guy last semester. So our current professor is this little old lady with as much energy as a five year old at a playground. :lol: She seems pretty cool. :) Tomorrow is my INSANE day of 7 hours of classes....

So my insane day of classes. Here's a rundown: First class was the honors one on artificial intelligence and music. It looks like it's going to be really interesting. Next was developmental psych (youth and adolescence). The material I think will be interesting. The teacher is one of those teachers that will either be really awesome, or will be a raging nut job. I'm not sure which. After that was psychology of film, which looks like it's going to be *awesome.* And last but not least was teaching science in the middle school, which also looks like fun, and the teacher looks really cool. So it's looking like a fun semester. ^_^

So my insane day of classes. Here's a rundown: First class was the honors one on artificial intelligence and music. It looks like it's going to be really interesting. Next was developmental psych (youth and adolescence). The material I think will be interesting. The teacher is one of those teachers that will either be really awesome, or will be a raging nut job. I'm not sure which. After that was psychology of film, which looks like it's going to be *awesome.* And last but not least was teaching science in the middle school, which also looks like fun, and the teacher looks really cool. So it's looking like a fun semester. ^_^

The artificial intelligence and music course sounds awesome! I would really like that one.

The artificial intelligence and music course sounds awesome! I would really like that one.

Yeah, it looks really cool, and covers a really wide range of topics. Plus Marius and Steph are in the same class with me, which is awesome. ^_^

Yeah, it looks really cool, and covers a really wide range of topics. Plus Marius and Steph are in the same class with me, which is awesome. ^_^

A great class with two of your friends, now that is a great way to start the day. :D

A great class with two of your friends, now that is a great way to start the day. :D

Yep! ^_^ The only thing is that it involves lots and lots of thinking, which isn't always easy in the morning, but at least it gets my brain going for the rest of the day.

So nothing really interesting has happened lately that I can think of. I'm going skiing tomorrow though, and that should be fun times. ^_^

You're going to have a great time!

And I did! ^_^And now I'm also very very sore, and probably sunburned. :rolleyes:

A stupid saying, but your soreness is a good kind of soreness. And you would probably do it again. :lol:

So nothing really interesting has happened lately that I can think of. I'm going skiing tomorrow though, and that should be fun times. ^_^

You're going to have a great time!

And I did! ^_^And now I'm also very very sore, and probably sunburned. :rolleyes:

A stupid saying, but your soreness is a good kind of soreness. And you would probably do it again. :lol:

Oh, of course! It's just because I was using muscles that have been long neglected. :rolleyes: Oh, and I have a car! Kind of. I only have two pictures of it, and know nothing else about it. It looks like a generic chevy sedan, which is good. Dad's at camp now, so I'll have to talk to him tomorrow about it.

My birthday was fun, aside from the fact that I now have a rather unpleasant cold. I'm waiting for my tea to cool down as I type. I found out more about my car. It's a 2000 chevy prizm. And it was previously owned by some little old lady who can't drive anymore, which is why they're selling it. And it's only $2500, which is good. Dad still has the car, and he's going to drive it around for at least a week before he brings it down here just to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. I also got the email from our choir professor saying who's in chorale and ensemble, and this semester I'm not in either (it's a different prof. from last semester, and the groups she picked were really small). I'm kinda happy about it though, because it's probably going to mean I get out of class earlier. ^_^

My birthday was fun, aside from the fact that I now have a rather unpleasant cold. I'm waiting for my tea to cool down as I type. I found out more about my car. It's a 2000 chevy prizm. And it was previously owned by some little old lady who can't drive anymore, which is why they're selling it. And it's only $2500, which is good. Dad still has the car, and he's going to drive it around for at least a week before he brings it down here just to make sure there's nothing wrong with it. I also got the email from our choir professor saying who's in chorale and ensemble, and this semester I'm not in either (it's a different prof. from last semester, and the groups she picked were really small). I'm kinda happy about it though, because it's probably going to mean I get out of class earlier. ^_^

Cooooooo! You have a new car!

Post pics!!!!!!!!!!

Great news that you will be out of class earlier!

Cooooooo! You have a new car!

Post pics!!!!!!!!!!

Great news that you will be out of class earlier!

lol :P I might get around to it later, but for now, I have homework I ought to get done. :rolleyes:

It's really gross outside today. :closedeyes: But in better news, Mom says Grandma's eye surgery went well, and once she's recovered, she won't have to wear glasses anymore (she had cataracts removed).

Wonderful news... your grandmother is out of a successful surgery! I know you are happy and relieved.

It is totally amazing what results are occurring with cataract surgery. I know of about three or four people who have undergone cataract surgery and voila... no more glasses. How phenomenal medicine has become!

It's really gross outside today. :closedeyes: But in better news, Mom says Grandma's eye surgery went well, and once she's recovered, she won't have to wear glasses anymore (she had cataracts removed).

Wonderful news... your grandmother is out of a successful surgery! I know you are happy and relieved.

It is totally amazing what results are occurring with cataract surgery. I know of about three or four people who have undergone cataract surgery and voila... no more glasses. How phenomenal medicine has become!

I know! Someday I might get laser eye surgery too, but not for several years, at least. I'm afraid of what would happen if they messed it up. :unsure: Plus I've had glasses since I was two. So it would be a strange transition.

Oh! And I figured something out today. Dad emailed me the pdf of my car's owners manual. So I was looking at it today, and realized I felt nervous. There was nothing to be nervous about, nothing I was reading was frightening, and in my mind I wasn't nervous, but biologically, I felt nervous. And then it hit me: conditioning! My mind associated driving (stimulus, the thing that makes me nervous, which is a response) with the owner's manual (unconditioned stimulus), so the driving manual became a conditioned stimulus that elicits the conditioned response of being nervous. And then I linked it to Phil. I wasn't nervous the first two times I saw him (over the summer and at his college). But the next two times (over winter break), and then thinking about him after that brought on feelings of nervousness. The reason? I was driving with him or to him! So my brain associated Phil (unconditioned stimulus) with driving (stimulus), which makes me nervous (response) to make Phil a conditioned stimulus, with a conditioned response.

I know! Someday I might get laser eye surgery too, but not for several years, at least. I'm afraid of what would happen if they messed it up. :unsure: Plus I've had glasses since I was two. So it would be a strange transition.

Oh! And I figured something out today. Dad emailed me the pdf of my car's owners manual. So I was looking at it today, and realized I felt nervous. There was nothing to be nervous about, nothing I was reading was frightening, and in my mind I wasn't nervous, but biologically, I felt nervous. And then it hit me: conditioning! My mind associated driving (stimulus, the thing that makes me nervous, which is a response) with the owner's manual (unconditioned stimulus), so the driving manual became a conditioned stimulus that elicits the conditioned response of being nervous. And then I linked it to Phil. I wasn't nervous the first two times I saw him (over the summer and at his college). But the next two times (over winter break), and then thinking about him after that brought on feelings of nervousness. The reason? I was driving with him or to him! So my brain associated Phil (unconditioned stimulus) with driving (stimulus), which makes me nervous (response) to make Phil a conditioned stimulus, with a conditioned response.

You have really thought this through. I like your thought process. Phil... hmmmmm. I guess this makes it more than just driving. :rolleyes:

You have really thought this through. I like your thought process. Phil... hmmmmm. I guess this makes it more than just driving. :rolleyes:

It just crossed my mind at random. Now I just need to make a concentrated effort to relax when I'm driving, as well as when I'm thinking about anything related to driving. :rolleyes:

As for my day today, it's been raining, which means our campus is once again flooded (whoever decided it was a good idea to build a college campus on a cranberry bog needs to have his head examined....). And I was playing DDR with the girls down the hallway, which is always fun times. ^_^ And I discovered double mode (using two mats at once) which is really fun. ^_^

It just crossed my mind at random. Now I just need to make a concentrated effort to relax when I'm driving, as well as when I'm thinking about anything related to driving. :rolleyes:

As for my day today, it's been raining, which means our campus is once again flooded (whoever decided it was a good idea to build a college campus on a cranberry bog needs to have his head examined....). And I was playing DDR with the girls down the hallway, which is always fun times. ^_^ And I discovered double mode (using two mats at once) which is really fun. ^_^

See there is a good outcome for a rather dreary day.

*nods* DDR is how I plan to regain my presently obsolete cardiovascular system. :rolleyes: And how I plan on keeping myself from getting too bored over the summer. Now I just need to work on getting dad to buy an air conditioner for the living room....

*nods* DDR is how I plan to regain my presently obsolete cardiovascular system. :rolleyes: And how I plan on keeping myself from getting too bored over the summer. Now I just need to work on getting dad to buy an air conditioner for the living room....

Air conditioners are nice.

Yes, yes they are. :P My day today has been spent playing rock band and more DDR. That's basically all there is to say. :rolleyes:

Yes, yes they are. :P My day today has been spent playing rock band and more DDR. That's basically all there is to say. :rolleyes:

It's really gross outside today. But in better news, Mom says Grandma's eye surgery went well, and once she's recovered, she won't have to wear glasses anymore (she had cataracts removed).

I know! Someday I might get laser eye surgery too, but not for several years, at least. I'm afraid of what would happen if they messed it up. Plus I've had glasses since I was two. So it would be a strange transition.

You have really thought this through. I like your thought process. Phil... hmmmmm. I guess this makes it more than just driving.

*nods* DDR is how I plan to regain my presently obsolete cardiovascular system. And how I plan on keeping myself from getting too bored over the summer. Now I just need to work on getting dad to buy an air conditioner for the living room....

:lol: Parents. :lol:

Did he let you play with him?????

And they wonder why kids leave home when they are old enough. :lol:

It's really gross outside today. But in better news, Mom says Grandma's eye surgery went well, and once she's recovered, she won't have to wear glasses anymore (she had cataracts removed).

I know! Someday I might get laser eye surgery too, but not for several years, at least. I'm afraid of what would happen if they messed it up. Plus I've had glasses since I was two. So it would be a strange transition.

You have really thought this through. I like your thought process. Phil... hmmmmm. I guess this makes it more than just driving.

*nods* DDR is how I plan to regain my presently obsolete cardiovascular system. And how I plan on keeping myself from getting too bored over the summer. Now I just need to work on getting dad to buy an air conditioner for the living room....

....? Okay, you've lost me now....

Sometimes kids act like the grown-ups and parents act like the kids.

In some cases, the kids want to experience the grown-up end and leave home almost officially the first day they go away to school. For example, I have a friend who's parents, yes, both of them, are into extreme sports. Anyway, he thinks they are crazy. So for him, he wants out of the house as soon as he is able. :lol: Does that clear things up?

Parents.

In some cases, the kids want to experience the grown-up end and leave home almost officially the first day they go away to school. For example, I have a friend who's parents, yes, both of them, are into extreme sports. Anyway, he thinks they are crazy. So for him, he wants out of the house as soon as he is able. :lol: Does that clear things up?

Kind of.... :rolleyes: I love my family though. They're awesome. ^_^ I just got back from shopping. JC Penny's was running some insane sale, and I got two skirts and two shirts for under $16. So I'm happy about that.

Parents.

Kind of.... :rolleyes: I love my family though. They're awesome. ^_^ I just got back from shopping. JC Penny's was running some insane sale, and I got two skirts and two shirts for under $16. So I'm happy about that.

It doesn't mean you love your parents less, it just means that you are growing up.

Parents.

It doesn't mean you love your parents less, it just means that you are growing up.

Mm...yeah, I suppose that makes sense too.

Today has been all sorts of fun. A couple of my friends are doing a photo scavenger hunt for their theater club, and I volunteered to be their photographer. So we were ALL over the place today (one of the things on the list was the sign for the state border, and we also had to go out shopping today). So there has been lots of insane running around and picture taking, and it's been fun. ^_^

It's almost 70 degrees outside. In New Jersey. In February. And I'm wearing shorts. :blink:

Just wait... the bad weather is coming. It hit here last night.

Oh I know. There's supposed to be snow here by sunday. So I'm enjoying the awesome weather while I can. ^_^

I was referring to the horrendous weather we had here last night. It is headed your way.

Today has been all sorts of fun. A couple of my friends are doing a photo scavenger hunt for their theater club, and I volunteered to be their photographer. So we were ALL over the place today (one of the things on the list was the sign for the state border, and we also had to go out shopping today). So there has been lots of insane running around and picture taking, and it's been fun. ^_^

I love those type scavenger hunts. Glad to hear you were borderline insane today.

I love those type scavenger hunts. Glad to hear you were borderline insane today.

It was fun times. ^_^ Except for one part. It's been becoming more and more apparent to me that I'm still not over Ian. I can push the feelings out of the way and ignore them, but they're still always there. And also worth mentioning is that I've recently started praying again for God to lead me in life, specifically in the area of romantic interests. And *logically* Phil makes much more sense than Ian. So I'm not sure what to make of all that. The big problem is though, it really won't be fair to Phil to pursue a relationship with him when I'm still not over Ian. I could never do that to him.

It was fun times. ^_^ Except for one part. It's been becoming more and more apparent to me that I'm still not over Ian. I can push the feelings out of the way and ignore them, but they're still always there. And also worth mentioning is that I've recently started praying again for God to lead me in life, specifically in the area of romantic interests. And *logically* Phil makes much more sense than Ian. So I'm not sure what to make of all that. The big problem is though, it really won't be fair to Phil to pursue a relationship with him when I'm still not over Ian. I could never do that to him.

You are very smart and admirable in your thinking and consideration of Phil. The other thing to think about is the fact that you are not looking for a relationship that makes more sense. As you have planned, take your time until your heart overrides your brain. Only then will you have the answer you are seeking. :lol:

You are very smart and admirable in your thinking and consideration of Phil. The other thing to think about is the fact that you are not looking for a relationship that makes more sense. As you have planned, take your time until your heart overrides your brain. Only then will you have the answer you are seeking. :lol:

Well, at the moment, my brain knows what it's doing, and my heart is still kinda confused. I can't really do anything either way. Ian has a girlfriend and Phil is 5 hours away from me. So unless something usual happens, I'm just kinda stuck.

Well, at the moment, my brain knows what it's doing, and my heart is still kinda confused. I can't really do anything either way. Ian has a girlfriend and Phil is 5 hours away from me. So unless something usual happens, I'm just kinda stuck.

You're not stuck, this is just a little pause until things happen in such a way that you are able to make a decision. For all you know, the perfect guy is less than five miles from your house or campus. You just never know. When you least expect it, that is when it all makes sense.

You're not stuck, this is just a little pause until things happen in such a way that you are able to make a decision. For all you know, the perfect guy is less than five miles from your house or campus. You just never know. When you least expect it, that is when it all makes sense.

Oddly enough, Phil and Ian both respectively live 5 miles from my house and campus (I think, I'm not exactly sure where Ian actually lives now). The problem is, meeting the perfect guy won't do me any good if I still have feelings for Ian. I hate not being able to fully control things about myself. :glare: And I'm not really expecting things to make any more sense anytime soon. I understand most of what's going on, I just don't like it.

Oddly enough, Phil and Ian both respectively live 5 miles from my house and campus (I think, I'm not exactly sure where Ian actually lives now). The problem is, meeting the perfect guy won't do me any good if I still have feelings for Ian. I hate not being able to fully control things about myself. :glare: And I'm not really expecting things to make any more sense anytime soon. I understand most of what's going on, I just don't like it.

You know when the perfect guy is in your life when your heart rules your brain, your every step is like you are floating on air, ecstasy is how you view every moment of your day and you can think of nothing else but this guy. When this guy is in your life, if it is not Ian or Phil, then those two guys will no longer matter.

You know when the perfect guy is in your life when your heart rules your brain, your every step is like you are floating on air, ecstasy is how you view every moment of your day and you can think of nothing else but this guy. When this guy is in your life, if it is not Ian or Phil, then those two guys will no longer matter.

That's infatuation, not love. The two may usually go together, but they're two different things.

That's infatuation, not love. The two may usually go together, but they're two different things.

Maybe human infatuation... but definitely hamster love. I knew the minute I saw the hamster of my dreams, that that hamster was the one.

.....Infatuation: to cause to be foolish : deprive of sound judgment, to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration.

.....Love: a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties, attraction based on sexual desire, affection and tenderness felt by lovers, affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests.

When true love finds you, trust me on this one, it will be all of the above and more.

Maybe human infatuation... but definitely hamster love. I knew the minute I saw the hamster of my dreams, that that hamster was the one.

.....Infatuation: to cause to be foolish : deprive of sound judgment, to inspire with a foolish or extravagant love or admiration.

.....Love: a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties, attraction based on sexual desire, affection and tenderness felt by lovers, affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests.

When true love finds you, trust me on this one, it will be all of the above and more.

Oh, I know what love is. Love is what I felt (and apparently still feel, although I'm generally pretty good at pushing emotions to the back of my head when i have to) for Ian. But I can't have Ian. But at least my brain has calmed itself down. Basically I have to wait for either my feelings for Ian to go away, or for circumstances to change so that Ian and I actually end up together (which will take nothing short of divine intervention) :rolleyes: It's kinda of annoying to be stuck like this, but it takes some pressure off of me to keep an eye out for potential guys. Because I know I can't start anything with anyone until my feelings for Ian go away (well, I *could* but that wouldn't be fair to the guy at all, and I'm not that stupid or selfish).

I have a car! ^_^ It's really easy to drive, but it pretty much eats oil. I'm going to have to add oil at least once a week. Yeah. o.O But other than that it's all sorts of awesome.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Why would your father get you a car that eats oil???

Isn't that a sign of a bad engine?

*is totally confused*

I have a car! ^_^ It's really easy to drive, but it pretty much eats oil. I'm going to have to add oil at least once a week. Yeah. o.O But other than that it's all sorts of awesome.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Why would your father get you a car that eats oil???

Isn't that a sign of a bad engine?

*is totally confused*

He didn't know it until he'd driven it around for awhile. It's not a good thing, but I can deal with it. He's planning on taking a closer look at it when I'm home during spring break. The thing is, we're not sure where the oil's going. It doesn't appear to be leaking, and the car doesn't smoke. So we're a little lost on that one. Until then, I have at least a dozen quarts of oil in my trunk. :rolleyes:

And my lesson plan is done! [insert sigh of relief here] I'm happy because I think it came out pretty well, and I came up with the ideas for it on my own (although I'm sure someone else has done it before). So yeah, yay! ^_^ And also it was snowing a bit earlier today which was fun (especially since I was wearing shorts only 4 days ago :rolleyes: )

Yesterday was probably the coldest day of the year. I figured out the brilliant idea of wearing a long skirt over a pair of pants for extra warmth, which worked quite well. Somehow my outfit had a vaguely gothy look to it, which was kinda fun. Today's a bit warmer, but we're expecting snow/slush/rain. Maybe some of my classes will get canceled......(hey, I can dream). And tomorrow I start my work at the middle school! I drove out there yesterday to find it (Marius came with me to read the directions as I went, because he's awesome like that), so hopefully I'll remember how to get there tomorrow (I have the directions in my car just in case).

Yesterday was probably the coldest day of the year. I figured out the brilliant idea of wearing a long skirt over a pair of pants for extra warmth, which worked quite well. Somehow my outfit had a vaguely gothy look to it, which was kinda fun. Today's a bit warmer, but we're expecting snow/slush/rain. Maybe some of my classes will get canceled......(hey, I can dream). And tomorrow I start my work at the middle school! I drove out there yesterday to find it (Marius came with me to read the directions as I went, because he's awesome like that), so hopefully I'll remember how to get there tomorrow (I have the directions in my car just in case).

Cancelled classes... dream on! :lol:

Good luck on your first day of middle school teaching. :D

You will find your way there. If you get stuck, make sure Marius has his cell phone turned on. :lol:

You will find your way there. If you get stuck, make sure Marius has his cell phone turned on. :lol:

Night class got canceled! It's pretty gross outside now, so I'm kinda hoping middle school gets canceled, because I don't want to have to go outside/drive in the pouring rain tomorrow, especially when I'm not entirely sure where I'm going. :unsure:

Night class got canceled! It's pretty gross outside now, so I'm kinda hoping middle school gets canceled, because I don't want to have to go outside/drive in the pouring rain tomorrow, especially when I'm not entirely sure where I'm going. :unsure:

If it gets cold enough to freeze and you have to drive to school, please remember this. Bridges freeze before the roadways do. So if you are driving to work and have to go over an overpass, slow down prior to getting there. If you are going to have to make a turn, such as an on-ramp, really slow down before you get there. And if someone honks, ignore them. This will keep you from skidding, slipping and sliding.

Hope you don't have to go to school.

If it gets cold enough to freeze and you have to drive to school, please remember this. Bridges freeze before the roadways do. So if you are driving to work and have to go over an overpass, slow down prior to getting there. If you are going to have to make a turn, such as an on-ramp, really slow down before you get there. And if someone honks, ignore them. This will keep you from skidding, slipping and sliding.

Yeah. If the roads are really that bad and they don't cancel, I'll call and say I'm not coming. It's not worth it. And I already drive really slow. :rolleyes: Especially because I *know* about the on/off ramps, especially in NJ. People fall off of those things all the time.

Yeah. If the roads are really that bad and they don't cancel, I'll call and say I'm not coming. It's not worth it. And I already drive really slow. :rolleyes: Especially because I *know* about the on/off ramps, especially in NJ. People fall off of those things all the time.

I figured your parents had already told you about them, but sometimes you forget.

I made it out and back with no problems. I only got beeped at once because I was taking too long getting out of the parking lot (I couldn't quite tell how fast the other cars on the road were moving, so I decided to just let them all pass. :rolleyes: ) I just wish that driving didn't make me so nervous.

I made it out and back with no problems. I only got beeped at once because I was taking too long getting out of the parking lot (I couldn't quite tell how fast the other cars on the road were moving, so I decided to just let them all pass. :rolleyes: ) I just wish that driving didn't make me so nervous.

It just takes some time and experience for you to relax. This goes for everyone. If you can, ignore the horns. They seem to forget when they were first learning.

Everyone is in such a big hurry to go nowhere fast.

It just takes some time and experience for you to relax. This goes for everyone. If you can, ignore the horns. They seem to forget when they were first learning.

Oh yeah. They can get over themselves. ^_^

Sometimes if I am feeling really ornery, when someone gets on the horn, I move even slower. :lol:

Sometimes if I am feeling really ornery, when someone gets on the horn, I move even slower. :lol:

Haha I have friends who do that too. :D Although the classic NJ reaction usually involves a combo of the middle finger and some bad language crafted into a sophisticated insult. There is, in fact, a facebook group called "Dear PA, please get the **** out of the left lane! Love NJ." :rolleyes:

Generic love day was fun, despite being in class all day. In one class we just watched a movie (which we'll probably finish in class today), and in another class I got my test back and found that I did really well, which made me happy (mostly because I didn't know we had to read some article, and there were a number of questions on the test about it. Lucky for me, the article was apparently about photography, and I only got one of those questions wrong.) At the dining hall at dinner time they were playing romantic music obnoxiously loud, so I left a bit before the rest of the group. And also Dave wasn't exactly in a happy place for a lot of yesterday (he obsesses too much over his single-ness and has some serious confidence problems that are mostly unwarranted). After getting my homework done, a bunch of my friends and I went to the Valentine's Day dance, which didn't stink! The DJ played mostly good music for dancing, which made me really happy because I was half expecting lots of slow songs. And we got free t-shirts. ^_^ When we got back, Dave seemed to be in a much better mood, which is a good thing. So all in all it was a fun day. ^_^

Generic love day was fun, despite being in class all day. In one class we just watched a movie (which we'll probably finish in class today), and in another class I got my test back and found that I did really well, which made me happy (mostly because I didn't know we had to read some article, and there were a number of questions on the test about it. Lucky for me, the article was apparently about photography, and I only got one of those questions wrong.) At the dining hall at dinner time they were playing romantic music obnoxiously loud, so I left a bit before the rest of the group. And also Dave wasn't exactly in a happy place for a lot of yesterday (he obsesses too much over his single-ness and has some serious confidence problems that are mostly unwarranted). After getting my homework done, a bunch of my friends and I went to the Valentine's Day dance, which didn't stink! The DJ played mostly good music for dancing, which made me really happy because I was half expecting lots of slow songs. And we got free t-shirts. ^_^ When we got back, Dave seemed to be in a much better mood, which is a good thing. So all in all it was a fun day. ^_^

Yeah for free t-shirts!!!!!!!

Glad your generic love day was a good one. :D

Today has been fun so far too. After class, a few of us went out shopping. At the thrift store I got two skirts, and at CVS I got lots of candy for half price (becase it was all valentine's day stuff). ^_^

CANDY????? What are you doing eating candy??????? :lol:

Got any dark chocolate? :D

Today has been fun so far too. After class, a few of us went out shopping. At the thrift store I got two skirts, and at CVS I got lots of candy for half price (becase it was all valentine's day stuff). ^_^

lol :P *shares candy*

Thanks! :D

You are most welcome. :)

The Fresh Market, which is a really fabulous market-type store had valentine-type candy corn. It was red at the top, pink in the middle and white at the bottom. The also had malted milk balls in the same colours. Someone told me that the candy corn, had a little bit of cinnamon in it. Glad I didn't try the candy corn or I probably would have been on a sugar high for a year. They also make 'bat corn' at Halloween, which is black and orange and has a bit of a licorice taste. Not overwhelming, but just slight hint, which makes it wonderful. They also had another version of bat corn, which was brown and orange with a hint of chocolate taste.

The Fresh Market, which is a really fabulous market-type store had valentine-type candy corn. It was red at the top, pink in the middle and white at the bottom. The also had malted milk balls in the same colours. Someone told me that the candy corn, had a little bit of cinnamon in it. Glad I didn't try the candy corn or I probably would have been on a sugar high for a year. They also make 'bat corn' at Halloween, which is black and orange and has a bit of a licorice taste. Not overwhelming, but just slight hint, which makes it wonderful. They also had another version of bat corn, which was brown and orange with a hint of chocolate taste.

Ooh, that sounds really good!

Ooh, that sounds really good!

Oooohhhhh! It is!!!

That is why I don't even try it when they put it out.

Today I got my room in order, and then went out shopping with Lara. And I drove, and did a good job. ^_^ That's the good news. Now on to bad news. I swear Marius and I lead nearly parallel lives with a different time scale. He apparently found out that his aunt might have cancer (and his family is going through some drama as it is). And then later today I was talking to my mom and found out my Uncle Bob had a heart attack on Valentine's Day, and is now in the hospital. So prayers are always much appreciated.

Today I got my room in order, and then went out shopping with Lara. And I drove, and did a good job. ^_^ That's the good news. Now on to bad news. I swear Marius and I lead nearly parallel lives with a different time scale. He apparently found out that his aunt might have cancer (and his family is going through some drama as it is). And then later today I was talking to my mom and found out my Uncle Bob had a heart attack on Valentine's Day, and is now in the hospital. So prayers are always much appreciated.

Oh my goodness!!! Our prayers are with both your and your family and Marius and his family.

Too much bad news all around. Hopefully everyone will get better and get out of the hospital.

I'll keep everyone in my prayers. *hugs*

Oh my goodness!!! Our prayers are with both your and your family and Marius and his family.

Too much bad news all around. Hopefully everyone will get better and get out of the hospital.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I had to tell my sister about it too (because mom's still with grandma, and didn't want to talk too loud about it over the phone because it would upset her), and like everything, I think she took it kinda rough. But her boyfriend should be visiting her tomorrow which will be good.

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I had to tell my sister about it too (because mom's still with grandma, and didn't want to talk too loud about it over the phone because it would upset her), and like everything, I think she took it kinda rough. But her boyfriend should be visiting her tomorrow which will be good.

It will be good for your sister's boyfriend to be with her. This is such a tough time for your family.

I'll keep everyone in my prayers. *hugs*

It will be good for your sister's boyfriend to be with her. This is such a tough time for your family.

Yeah, she's really excited about him coming over. She misses him soooo much when she's at college. As for my family, I can't say if it's a tough time for them or not. I'm taking it fine. My sister gets upset over anything, and both my parents seem okay. But I have only limited contact with all of them. So I really don't know.

My uncle is doing much better now, and should be out of the hospital soon, if he isn't already. Apparently he didn't even know he was having a heart attack. He didn't get the chest pain (probably because of all the pain meds he's on for his back problems), but he had some other odd symptoms, so his wife took him to the hospital just to make sure he was okay, which, apparently, he wasn't. :rolleyes: Good thing they caught it when they did though.

Wow, we have another almost 70 degree day today! ^_^ The nice weather gave me a chance to put the seat covers on my car and check the oil, plus I had to go get my TB test done for the middle school. It looks so weird when they do it, because it's this odd white bump on your arm. Although now it's a normal pinkish color. I have to go get it checked in a couple days. Now I have tons of homework to do. <_<

My uncle is doing much better now, and should be out of the hospital soon, if he isn't already. Apparently he didn't even know he was having a heart attack. He didn't get the chest pain (probably because of all the pain meds he's on for his back problems), but he had some other odd symptoms, so his wife took him to the hospital just to make sure he was okay, which, apparently, he wasn't. :rolleyes: Good thing they caught it when they did though.

Thank you for the wonderful news. I'm certain everyone is relieved.

Wow, we have another almost 70 degree day today! ^_^ The nice weather gave me a chance to put the seat covers on my car and check the oil, plus I had to go get my TB test done for the middle school. It looks so weird when they do it, because it's this odd white bump on your arm. Although now it's a normal pinkish color. I have to go get it checked in a couple days. Now I have tons of homework to do. <_<

Lucky. Here it's 36 degrees today. :unsure: Good luck with your homework, and I'm glad your uncle is better. :)

Lucky. Here it's 36 degrees today. :unsure: Good luck with your homework, and I'm glad your uncle is better. :)

Oh, it's about 40 degrees out now. NJ has the strangest weather I've ever seen. Today has been less than great. My 8am class started today, and it is THE most boring class I've EVER had. The professor walked us through using yahoo as a search engine. *headdesk* I'm kind of tempted to ask for all the assignments and do them in the afternoon and email them to her if it's going to be all this common sense stuff. I knew how to use internet search engines in 5th grade! BHP class was fun, because it was just open discussion of our reading from last night. One of my psych classes was canceled, and in my other one we just watched a movie (because it's Psych Film). I still have to get through night class. I decided to not go to dinner, but rather make soup today because I've got some cold thing. Thank you "health center." <_< Usually I can function almost normally with a cold, but this one's really knocking me out.

Wow, we have another almost 70 degree day today! ^_^ The nice weather gave me a chance to put the seat covers on my car and check the oil, plus I had to go get my TB test done for the middle school. It looks so weird when they do it, because it's this odd white bump on your arm. Although now it's a normal pinkish color. I have to go get it checked in a couple days. Now I have tons of homework to do. <_>

Oh, it's about 40 degrees out now. NJ has the strangest weather I've ever seen. Today has been less than great. My 8am class started today, and it is THE most boring class I've EVER had. The professor walked us through using yahoo as a search engine. *headdesk* I'm kind of tempted to ask for all the assignments and do them in the afternoon and email them to her if it's going to be all this common sense stuff. I knew how to use internet search engines in 5th grade! BHP class was fun, because it was just open discussion of our reading from last night. One of my psych classes was canceled, and in my other one we just watched a movie (because it's Psych Film). I still have to get through night class. I decided to not go to dinner, but rather make soup today because I've got some cold thing. Thank you "health center." <_ usually i can function almost normally with a cold but this one really knocking me out.>

I like that idea. Ask for the entire semesters list of homework, and have it completed by Monday. Perhaps you can take the rest of the semester off for that class. You have to wonder what a professor is thinking when they have a class like that. :blink: Are they actually part of this world? So weird.

As for the cold thing... there is a super cold going around, so take this one very seriously. Please.

Oh, it's about 40 degrees out now. NJ has the strangest weather I've ever seen. Today has been less than great. My 8am class started today, and it is THE most boring class I've EVER had. The professor walked us through using yahoo as a search engine. *headdesk* I'm kind of tempted to ask for all the assignments and do them in the afternoon and email them to her if it's going to be all this common sense stuff. I knew how to use internet search engines in 5th grade! BHP class was fun, because it was just open discussion of our reading from last night. One of my psych classes was canceled, and in my other one we just watched a movie (because it's Psych Film). I still have to get through night class. I decided to not go to dinner, but rather make soup today because I've got some cold thing. Thank you "health center." <_< Usually I can function almost normally with a cold, but this one's really knocking me out.

I like that idea. Ask for the entire semesters list of homework, and have it completed by Monday. Perhaps you can take the rest of the semester off for that class. You have to wonder what a professor is thinking when they have a class like that. :blink: Are they actually part of this world? So weird.

As for the cold thing... there is a super cold going around, so take this one very seriously. Please.

The teacher is pretty old, so maybe she thinks these things are novel concepts, but it's just insane. I wish I could place out of the classes. And yes, it is the super cold. I might actually call in sick tomorrow morning and not go to the middle school. I could probably just arrange to go on Monday instead. But we'll see what happens. I might just get up early to give myself enough time to figure out how I feel before I have to call in at 8am, but we'll see what happens.

Wow, we have another almost 70 degree day today! ^_^ The nice weather gave me a chance to put the seat covers on my car and check the oil, plus I had to go get my TB test done for the middle school. It looks so weird when they do it, because it's this odd white bump on your arm. Although now it's a normal pinkish color. I have to go get it checked in a couple days. Now I have tons of homework to do. <_>

Oh, it's about 40 degrees out now. NJ has the strangest weather I've ever seen. Today has been less than great. My 8am class started today, and it is THE most boring class I've EVER had. The professor walked us through using yahoo as a search engine. *headdesk* I'm kind of tempted to ask for all the assignments and do them in the afternoon and email them to her if it's going to be all this common sense stuff. I knew how to use internet search engines in 5th grade! BHP class was fun, because it was just open discussion of our reading from last night. One of my psych classes was canceled, and in my other one we just watched a movie (because it's Psych Film). I still have to get through night class. I decided to not go to dinner, but rather make soup today because I've got some cold thing. Thank you "health center." <_ usually i can function almost normally with a cold but this one really knocking me out.>

The teacher is pretty old, so maybe she thinks these things are novel concepts, but it's just insane. I wish I could place out of the classes. And yes, it is the super cold. I might actually call in sick tomorrow morning and not go to the middle school. I could probably just arrange to go on Monday instead. But we'll see what happens. I might just get up early to give myself enough time to figure out how I feel before I have to call in at 8am, but we'll see what happens.

Great idea to see how you feel in the morning. My suggestion is that when you call them and tell them you are getting a cold, they will not want you there anyway. :lol: Staying in bed and rest, get lots of fluids and this should help keep your cold from really becoming a monster.

Great idea to see how you feel in the morning. My suggestion is that when you call them and tell them you are getting a cold, they will not want you there anyway. :lol: Staying in bed and rest, get lots of fluids and this should help keep your cold from really becoming a monster.

Yeah I'm not going tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have a fever, and they're not going to want me there in this condition. Plus I don't want to have to drive in this condition, especially since there are a few nasty sections of road I have to go through, and that's not good when my brain is this fried. So I emailed my teacher and my professor, and I'll call in tomorrow morning. I can probably just make up the time on Monday.

Yeah I'm not going tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I have a fever, and they're not going to want me there in this condition. Plus I don't want to have to drive in this condition, especially since there are a few nasty sections of road I have to go through, and that's not good when my brain is this fried. So I emailed my teacher and my professor, and I'll call in tomorrow morning. I can probably just make up the time on Monday.

Very smart move.

Please feel better soon!!!

Get better soon! :) I had a cold my second week of classes, and it was tough to live with even without getting a fever and stuff, so my empathies.

Very smart move.

Please feel better soon!!!

lol thanks :) I'm feeling quite a bit better now. At least the fever is gone.

I think my dad had the super-cold a week or two ago, but that developed into bronchitis or something now. >.< So he is all, cough-y.

That's no fun.

I'm just about ready to kill the people that live above and next door to me. The people next door are exchange students from China, and Chinese by nature is a kinda loud language. But these people were up all last night shouting back and forth well past quiet hours. Doesn't help anything that my bed is right next to their room. The people upstairs from me can't grasp the concept that noise travels through the floor. At all hours in the night, they're constantly dropping things or moving their bed violently enough to make it squeak against the floor. All of these things wake me up, and I have an 8am class today. <_<

I think my dad had the super-cold a week or two ago, but that developed into bronchitis or something now. >.

That's no fun.

I'm just about ready to kill the people that live above and next door to me. The people next door are exchange students from China, and Chinese by nature is a kinda loud language. But these people were up all last night shouting back and forth well past quiet hours. Doesn't help anything that my bed is right next to their room. The people upstairs from me can't grasp the concept that noise travels through the floor. At all hours in the night, they're constantly dropping things or moving their bed violently enough to make it squeak against the floor. All of these things wake me up, and I have an 8am class today. <_>

Grrrrrrrrrr. My friend has an apartment and she is on the top floor for exactly that reason.

I think my dad had the super-cold a week or two ago, but that developed into bronchitis or something now. >.< So he is all, cough-y.

That's no fun.

I'm just about ready to kill the people that live above and next door to me. The people next door are exchange students from China, and Chinese by nature is a kinda loud language. But these people were up all last night shouting back and forth well past quiet hours. Doesn't help anything that my bed is right next to their room. The people upstairs from me can't grasp the concept that noise travels through the floor. At all hours in the night, they're constantly dropping things or moving their bed violently enough to make it squeak against the floor. All of these things wake me up, and I have an 8am class today. <_<

Grrrrrrrrrr. My friend has an apartment and she is on the top floor for exactly that reason.

Yeah. I might go talk to them later. There's a chance they're freshmen who have no idea about the amazing acoustics in these dorm buildings.

That's no fun.

Yep, I deal with those noises all the time. Are ear plugs an option for you? They are a life saver for me, well as long as my roommate doesn't keep walking in or out of the room.

*is thoroughly amused* So, on facebook there's this option you can add called "honesty box" which allows you to send messages to people on your friend list anonymously. The only thing you know about the person sending the message is their gender (provided they specified it in their facebook profile). So, today I got back from class, and found that I had a new honesty box message (which doesn't happen too often). And it was from some guy who said, "wanna hook up? you're hot!" It amused me on so many levels. I'm assuming it was a joke, but still funny.

*is thoroughly amused* So, on facebook there's this option you can add called "honesty box" which allows you to send messages to people on your friend list anonymously. The only thing you know about the person sending the message is their gender (provided they specified it in their facebook profile). So, today I got back from class, and found that I had a new honesty box message (which doesn't happen too often). And it was from some guy who said, "wanna hook up? you're hot!" It amused me on so many levels. I'm assuming it was a joke, but still funny.

:lol: This made me laugh and brought out the evil side of me. :lol:

ooooooh man. Myspace definitely needs one of those. As to why they don't, I don't know.

Snow day today! ^_^ I can't quite figure out where the noise upstairs is coming from. There was no one in the room above mine, and the people next to them said it wasn't them. The room on the other side of the one upstairs from mine is the crabby RA that tried to write us up that one time.

Snow day today! ^_^ I can't quite figure out where the noise upstairs is coming from. There was no one in the room above mine, and the people next to them said it wasn't them. The room on the other side of the one upstairs from mine is the crabby RA that tried to write us up that one time.

It's probably her. :lol: She knows you will never knock on her door. :lol:

ooooooh man. Myspace definitely needs one of those. As to why they don't, I don't know.

I think they're actually making one for myspace too. Not sure. Facebook is better anyways. :P

I think they're actually making one for myspace too. Not sure. Facebook is better anyways. :P

I haven't used myspace but I'm inclined to agree. Myspace seems like Mystalker to me. :blink:

I haven't used myspace but I'm inclined to agree. Myspace seems like Mystalker to me. :blink:

It depends on how you use it. Right now, my profile is set to private because I'm pretty much only on facebook.

So, this weekend. Friday's snow day was awesome and much needed. I got to play in the snow with some friends. ^_^ Saturday......I don't remember much about it, so I guess I just sat around doing nothing all day. Rayna stopped by the room, and we were talking until 4am. Then my friend Eamon IM'd me and we were talking until about 5:30am. Today we went out to the thrift store, but it was closed, so we went to the used bookstore down the street instead. And then we went to wal-mart. And now, I'm distracting myself from the massive amount of homework I need to do. :rolleyes:

So, this weekend. Friday's snow day was awesome and much needed. I got to play in the snow with some friends. ^_^ Saturday......I don't remember much about it, so I guess I just sat around doing nothing all day. Rayna stopped by the room, and we were talking until 4am. Then my friend Eamon IM'd me and we were talking until about 5:30am. Today we went out to the thrift store, but it was closed, so we went to the used bookstore down the street instead. And then we went to wal-mart. And now, I'm distracting myself from the massive amount of homework I need to do. :rolleyes:

If you are distracting yourself, it must be for a good reason. Knowing you, it will be accomplished in time and you will get an A! :D

Snow days are fun.

If you are distracting yourself, it must be for a good reason. Knowing you, it will be accomplished in time and you will get an A! :D

Snow days are fun.

lol I can hope. Some of the homework might get done the day it's due. :rolleyes:

Snow days are fun.

lol I can hope. Some of the homework might get done the day it's due. :rolleyes:

As long as you get it done prior to walking into class. :lol:

The past few days have been kinda insane with working and not sleeping and all that fun stuff. >_< Tonight is the first night this week that I don't have homework due tomorrow (or today) that I haven't completed yet. I plan on taking a nap after my next class.

The past few days have been kinda insane with working and not sleeping and all that fun stuff. >_< Tonight is the first night this week that I don't have homework due tomorrow (or today) that I haven't completed yet. I plan on taking a nap after my next class.

Yeah for no homework!!!!

Get a good night's sleep.

Yeah, I was actually able to get to bed before midnight, which was really nice. :)

The past few days have been kinda insane with working and not sleeping and all that fun stuff. >_

Yeah for no homework!!!!

Get a good night's sleep.

Yeah, I was actually able to get to bed before midnight, which was really nice. :)

:lol: Hope you enjoyed your night's sleep. You probably will not see another of those days until Easter Holiday. :lol: