Hampsterdance Discussion Board

My place. :)

Jesusfreak

Plus I've got a choir concert on Sunday. :unsure:

Haha, so do I! Good luck with your concert. ^_^

Bring a tape recorder then post it here so we all can hear! :D

lol I wish I could!

Wouldn't that be fun! :D

Go to your local spy shop and get one of those teeny-tiny spy cams and you could post the concert on you tube.

But of course, I would definitely do it from an anonymous computer in let's say Manhattan (NYC), with an anonymous name, because I am certain someone would be looking for the culprit. :lol: Oh and when you are using the anonymous computer, make sure you have a wig and dark glasses, just in case they are filming you!

lol oh my. :P

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I'm back at Rider. They have the heat turned on full blast, so now my door and window are both open to maintain a reasonable climate. o.O And I'm listening to Christmas music, which makes me happy. And I have peppermint tea. ^_^

Yeah for being back at school. Along with the peppermint tea you need some some candles with the christmas smell. :D

Oh, we're not allowed to have candles. But I do have an awesome air freshener though. ^_^

Probably a good idea. :lol: Safety first.

They have some great Holiday scents in air fresheners.

Yeah. I've got yankee candle's balsam and cedar air freshener. It's really expensive, but it smells so good! ^_^

I remember at one point we had this shampoo/lotion/bubble bath stuff that was gingerbread scented. That smelled really good. xD

Plus I've got a choir concert on Sunday. :unsure:

Haha, so do I! Good luck with your concert. ^_^

Bring a tape recorder then post it here so we all can hear! :D

lol I wish I could!

Wouldn't that be fun! :D

Go to your local spy shop and get one of those teeny-tiny spy cams and you could post the concert on you tube.

But of course, I would definitely do it from an anonymous computer in let's say Manhattan (NYC), with an anonymous name, because I am certain someone would be looking for the culprit. :lol: Oh and when you are using the anonymous computer, make sure you have a wig and dark glasses, just in case they are filming you!

lol oh my. :P

I am such a trouble-maker! :lol:

So, I'm back at Rider. They have the heat turned on full blast, so now my door and window are both open to maintain a reasonable climate. o.O And I'm listening to Christmas music, which makes me happy. And I have peppermint tea. ^_^

Yeah for being back at school. Along with the peppermint tea you need some some candles with the christmas smell. :D

Oh, we're not allowed to have candles. But I do have an awesome air freshener though. ^_^

Yeah. I've got yankee candle's balsam and cedar air freshener. It's really expensive, but it smells so good! ^_^

I remember at one point we had this shampoo/lotion/bubble bath stuff that was gingerbread scented. That smelled really good. xD

And your last bubble bath was when?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:blink::blink::blink:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. that was just something that it could be used for. xD

My mom got it in Bath & Body Works. xD

:blink::blink::blink:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. that was just something that it could be used for. xD

My mom got it in Bath & Body Works. xD

Oh right. :lol:

Good news: Sore throat is pretty much gone.

Bad news: Now I have congestion and a runny nose. <_<

Good news: I'm glad your in New Jersey.

Bad news: All those people around you will give the cold back to you after you have gotten better. :lol:

Haha :P I usually get a cold in the fall, and I didn't get one last year, so I'm really long overdue for one.

Good news: Sore throat is pretty much gone.

Bad news: Now I have congestion and a runny nose. <_>

Bad news: All those people around you will give the cold back to you after you have gotten better. :lol:

Haha :P I usually get a cold in the fall, and I didn't get one last year, so I'm really long overdue for one.

Now pass it on to all your friends. LOL

Tsk, tsk.

Ooops! :lol:

I'm glad you're in New Jersey. :lol:

lol yeah I caught that typo too. :P As for passing my cold on to my friends, I'm pretty sure I *got* it from them.

Exactly! That is why you want to return the favour. :lol:

The choir concert was today, and despite my having a cold, it went pretty well. My parents came to see it, and took me out to dinner afterwards. It was nice to have real food. ^_^ When I got back we had a short homework party in my room, which was good because we all got work done. Oh, and it snowed today! I was happy about that, even if it's all rain now.

The choir concert was today, and despite my having a cold, it went pretty well. My parents came to see it, and took me out to dinner afterwards. It was nice to have real food. ^_^ When I got back we had a short homework party in my room, which was good because we all got work done. Oh, and it snowed today! I was happy about that, even if it's all rain now.

Great news that the concert went well! Real food... :lol: so you mean that sugar, fat and caffeine are not three of the four major food groups? :blink: Going out to dinner is always fun. Enjoy the snow... you will want to come to Florida to thaw out around February. :lol:

It snowed here too (southern connecticut), but only a thin layer that is all melted away now. It was more harsh at my house (norther connecticut) and they couldn't come down to see my concert :( Which was fun btw, and wow our chamber ensemble is really good! Maybe I'll be part of it someday. When my voice is stronger.

It snowed here too (southern connecticut), but only a thin layer that is all melted away now. It was more harsh at my house (norther connecticut) and they couldn't come down to see my concert :( Which was fun btw, and wow our chamber ensemble is really good! Maybe I'll be part of it someday. When my voice is stronger.

I'm sorry your parents couldn't come down, but was happy to hear you all had a great time. I am certain you will make the chamber ensemble.

Always pleased to know that it usually doesn't snow in Florida.

I'm glad your concert went well too. :) My parents did come down (my mom can drive through anything), but they decided to stay in a hotel near the college instead of going to camp as they had planned.

So, today I was woken up to our lovely RA shouting down the hallway something about the entire campus having a power outage. And he was right. Good thing the internet still works. ^_^

I'm glad your concert went well too. :) My parents did come down (my mom can drive through anything), but they decided to stay in a hotel near the college instead of going to camp as they had planned.

So, today I was woken up to our lovely RA shouting down the hallway something about the entire campus having a power outage. And he was right. Good thing the internet still works. ^_^

Does your school use satellite?

Lucky...when we had a power outage there was no internet, even for several hours after the power was restored. And it was at night so there were a bunch of bored people around me. :P At least I had my DS, my two laptops, my ipod, and my cellphone to occupy my time. Was it caused by a storm or something? Did you have any classes cancelled?

Lucky...when we had a power outage there was no internet, even for several hours after the power was restored. And it was at night so there were a bunch of bored people around me. :P At least I had my DS, my two laptops, my ipod, and my cellphone to occupy my time. Was it caused by a storm or something? Did you have any classes cancelled?

The wireless was out, but the wired connection works fine. The power's back on now anyways. I didn't have class today anyways, but I think a few classes might have been canceled. Not sure what caused it, probably the wind, we've got some crazy wind going on today.

The wireless was out, but the wired connection works fine. The power's back on now anyways. I didn't have class today anyways, but I think a few classes might have been canceled. Not sure what caused it, probably the wind, we've got some crazy wind going on today.

Wow, yeah I was just outside and the wind was VICIOUS! Almost as vicious as Steven Colbert. Well, not really.

Wow, yeah I was just outside and the wind was VICIOUS! Almost as vicious as Steven Colbert. Well, not really.

Colbert Report... :lol: He's great.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person on the intertubes who's never watched that.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person on the intertubes who's never watched that.

You are not alone. There are lots of people who have not watched that show. In fact, even his kids are not permitted to watch him. :blink:

You are not alone. There are lots of people who have not watched that show. In fact, even his kids are not permitted to watch him. :blink:

I don't remember seeing it. I probably have, but I don't remember.

I don't remember seeing it. I probably have, but I don't remember.

He is on Comedy Central and is a political satirist.

And we had even more snow today! It makes me so happy! ^_^

I'm glad you are happy! :lol:

You can keep all that snow up north. :D

Haha :D

On the news a couple days ago, they were showing pictures of an ice storm in the midwest and lots of snow

somewhere else and all I could think of was how nice it is here with all this warm sunshine and tropical breezes.

Haha. I love Marius. He just came into my room and said, "Do I look pretty?" :lol: He was headed off to the business building to see some presentation thing that had something to do with Nikki. I've gotten to spend more time with her. She's SO quiet. There's still something about her that makes me uneasy though, and I think she might not like me for some reason (I'm going to *guess* it's because she thinks I'm a threat because I'm always around Marius, even though I would never date him, but she doesn't know that yet I don't think.) So, I'm not sure what to make of that, but I'd like for us to get to know each other a bit better. Maybe I should just add her on facebook....

In slightly more positive news, actually there are a couple things. Today is the last day of classes for me. After this I just have two take-home exams to do by Monday. Also, as Brennan and I were walking into our education class, one of our professors (the best one I've had so far, in fact) immediately ushered us out of his classroom and into his office. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, because I knew we didn't do anything wrong or anything like that. He gave us each a book, and went on to explain to us that he thinks we're the best of the best, and that people will say some people have the potential to be great teachers. He said that we don't just have the potential to be great teachers, but that we *will* be great teachers. And he said some other stuff that I don't remember, and commented on our obvious sense of ethics as well, but the part about having the potential to be something versus actually being something was what stuck in my mind. So I feel special now. ^_^

Haha. I love Marius. He just came into my room and said, "Do I look pretty?" :lol: He was headed off to the business building to see some presentation thing that had something to do with Nikki. I've gotten to spend more time with her. She's SO quiet. There's still something about her that makes me uneasy though, and I think she might not like me for some reason (I'm going to *guess* it's because she thinks I'm a threat because I'm always around Marius, even though I would never date him, but she doesn't know that yet I don't think.) So, I'm not sure what to make of that, but I'd like for us to get to know each other a bit better. Maybe I should just add her on facebook....

In slightly more positive news, actually there are a couple things. Today is the last day of classes for me. After this I just have two take-home exams to do by Monday. Also, as Brennan and I were walking into our education class, one of our professors (the best one I've had so far, in fact) immediately ushered us out of his classroom and into his office. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, because I knew we didn't do anything wrong or anything like that. He gave us each a book, and went on to explain to us that he thinks we're the best of the best, and that people will say some people have the potential to be great teachers. He said that we don't just have the potential to be great teachers, but that we *will* be great teachers. And he said some other stuff that I don't remember, and commented on our obvious sense of ethics as well, but the part about having the potential to be something versus actually being something was what stuck in my mind. So I feel special now. ^_^

I must comment on paragraph two before getting to paragraph one... BRAVO !!!!! *gives a long round of applause*

You should feel special, because you come across the internet as extremely special, with so much going for you!

I feel very honoured to know you! Your teacher did a terrific thing to let you know that you are a step above the rest.

Congratulations!!!!!

As for Nikki... I believe you have guessed correctly. If she is that insecure now, it will never get better. If not you, it will be someone else that makes her insecure. Adding her to your facebook is a great idea, but I do not believe it will fix the problem. As you have probably figured out, the problem is her insecurity and the fact that you are Marius' friend. Good luck! :lol:

I must comment on paragraph two before getting to paragraph one... BRAVO !!!!! *gives a long round of applause*

You should feel special, because you come across the internet as extremely special, with so much going for you!

I feel very honoured to know you! Your teacher did a terrific thing to let you know that you are a step above the rest.

Congratulations!!!!!

As for Nikki... I believe you have guessed correctly. If she is that insecure now, it will never get better. If not you, it will be someone else that makes her insecure. Adding her to your facebook is a great idea, but I do not believe it will fix the problem. As you have probably figured out, the problem is her insecurity and the fact that you are Marius' friend. Good luck! :lol:

Wow, the feeling specialness just doesn't end. For the all essay version of the take home final for education, there was a question where you had to talk about two of your classmates. This is what one of my classmates says she wrote about me (after asking me for some info about myself that she didn't already know, and I edited it for safety reasons): Terry was born in [insert name of town here] and lived there her entire life. Through out the past year and a half her major has changed quite a few times. Originally she was a secondary education physics major, but considering that the physics department was almost non-existent due to the lack of students in the program, she changed her major to biology instead. After spending some time in more biology classes she decided that was not right for her either and switched to elementary education and psychology, her current major. Terry is strong willed and strays from what most people would call the norm. I admire her greatly for this because she is confident and does not care what others think about her. This is a statement that not many people can say and actually mean. She enjoys taking pictures of just about everything and outdoor activities such as hiking. The Christmas season is also her favorite time of the year and she loves almost everything about it. Terry is also very resourceful. She can teach you how to microwave ramen noodles and use various tools to take apart a bed. Friendly is another adjective that describes Terry well. You can always find her with her door propped open sitting at her computer welcoming passersby into her room. I can honestly say that I am glad to have gotten to know her better this year.

Yeah [insert warm fuzzy feelings here]. As for the Nikki thing, I don't know. I'm going to hope she's one of the logical types that once she understands me, and my ideas on dating and stuff like that, that I'm really no threat, and, if anything, potentially one of her greatest resources if she's going to be dating Marius (seeing as I've known him over a year, and we're very close friends). Marius is kinda like a cousin to me. (Not a brother, because that would be annoying.) :rolleyes:

Congratulations!!!!!

Wow, the feeling specialness just doesn't end. For the all essay version of the take home final for education, there was a question where you had to talk about two of your classmates. This is what one of my classmates says she wrote about me (after asking me for some info about myself that she didn't already know, and I edited it for safety reasons): Terry was born in [insert name of town here] and lived there her entire life. Through out the past year and a half her major has changed quite a few times. Originally she was a secondary education physics major, but considering that the physics department was almost non-existent due to the lack of students in the program, she changed her major to biology instead. After spending some time in more biology classes she decided that was not right for her either and switched to elementary education and psychology, her current major. Terry is strong willed and strays from what most people would call the norm. I admire her greatly for this because she is confident and does not care what others think about her. This is a statement that not many people can say and actually mean. She enjoys taking pictures of just about everything and outdoor activities such as hiking. The Christmas season is also her favorite time of the year and she loves almost everything about it. Terry is also very resourceful. She can teach you how to microwave ramen noodles and use various tools to take apart a bed. Friendly is another adjective that describes Terry well. You can always find her with her door propped open sitting at her computer welcoming passersby into her room. I can honestly say that I am glad to have gotten to know her better this year.

Yeah [insert warm fuzzy feelings here]. As for the Nikki thing, I don't know. I'm going to hope she's one of the logical types that once she understands me, and my ideas on dating and stuff like that, that I'm really no threat, and, if anything, potentially one of her greatest resources if she's going to be dating Marius (seeing as I've known him over a year, and we're very close friends). Marius is kinda like a cousin to me. (Not a brother, because that would be annoying.) :rolleyes:

WOW!!! What a great essay by a classmate! That is quite the statement. Your feelings must be pretty rosy about now. :D

Good luck on Nikki. I just don't think that will happen, but if anyone can establish a friendship, you can. :D

Congratulations!!!!!

WOW!!! What a great essay by a classmate! That is quite the statement. Your feelings must be pretty rosy about now. :D

Good luck on Nikki. I just don't think that will happen, but if anyone can establish a friendship, you can. :D

lol I can make an attempt, at least.

Oh, and my day did get better: I got out of taking one of my take-home exams (the one that involved lots of writing). Some chance bonus points boosted my grade to an A-, so I was allowed to walk with that and not take the last test. ^_^

Oh, and my day did get better: I got out of taking one of my take-home exams (the one that involved lots of writing). Some chance bonus points boosted my grade to an A-, so I was allowed to walk with that and not take the last test. ^_^

Woo hoo!!!!! Hurray for not taking the test!!!!!!!!

I know you're happy!!! :D

Well done JF, always being so respectable. :D Can't wait until you start sharing stories from your teaching career...how far down the road is that for you?

Aw, thank you! ^_^ Well, I get more field experience next semester with my "Teaching Science in the Middle School" class.....

Wow, believe it or not, I think Nikki is actually starting to warm up to me. I did add her on facebook, and today when I got bored and knocked on Marius' door to see what he was up to, she was there, and smiled and waved happily at me. So I hung out with them (Brennan and Linsdey showed up eventually too) for the rest of the evening. And she seems much more comfortable around me now, which is a very good thing. Marius still hasn't asked her out yet, but claims he's going to later this week. :rolleyes:

Marius still hasn't asked her out yet, but claims he's going to later this week. :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhh. Disregard my previous post. For some reason I thought they had been dating for a bit and she was still acting

this way. Not haviing gone out on a date really makes things different. I am thinking that Nikki will be definitely be friends with

you. And once she and Marius start dating, she should feel more secure. At least I hope.

Marius still hasn't asked her out yet, but claims he's going to later this week. :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhhhhh. Disregard my previous post. For some reason I thought they had been dating for a bit and she was still acting

this way. Not haviing gone out on a date really makes things different. I am thinking that Nikki will be definitely be friends with

you. And once she and Marius start dating, she should feel more secure. At least I hope.

Oh, yeah, no. He's been *interested* in her for quite some time, and has taken her out for coffee, but has yet to actually ask her to be his girlfriend, because he's afraid of being rejected. :rolleyes: And even so, a few comments were made last night that clarified that I'm just a friend, so that I'm sure made her feel better. I just hope that when Marius asks her out, she does say yes, because otherwise Marius is going to be really upset... :unsure:

Oh, yeah, no. He's been *interested* in her for quite some time, and has taken her out for coffee, but has yet to actually ask her to be his girlfriend, because he's afraid of being rejected. :rolleyes: And even so, a few comments were made last night that clarified that I'm just a friend, so that I'm sure made her feel better. I just hope that when Marius asks her out, she does say yes, because otherwise Marius is going to be really upset... :unsure:

I think she is anxiously waiting for him to ask her out, so the answer would definitely be YES!!! (supressed scream on her part due to overwhelming relief and excitement, and the unwritten rule that you should not look toooooo excited) :lol:

I think she is anxiously waiting for him to ask her out, so the answer would definitely be YES!!! (supressed scream on her part due to overwhelming relief and excitement, and the unwritten rule that you should not look toooooo excited) :lol:

Haha one can hope. :rolleyes:

I'm done with my take-home exam! Well mostly anyways. I still want to go over the answers with Brennan when he gets back tomorrow, and maybe a few other people. Today was boring overall. Of my close group of friends, only my roomie and Derek are around. Everyone else is home. So it's been kinda dull. But at least it gave me a chance to finish that exam, so I'll have time to hang out with everyone when they get back tomorrow.

I'm done with my take-home exam! Well mostly anyways. I still want to go over the answers with Brennan when he gets back tomorrow, and maybe a few other people. Today was boring overall. Of my close group of friends, only my roomie and Derek are around. Everyone else is home. So it's been kinda dull. But at least it gave me a chance to finish that exam, so I'll have time to hang out with everyone when they get back tomorrow.

You are such a dedicated, hard worker. I admire you. :D You will probably get an A on your take-home exam.

You are such a dedicated, hard worker. I admire you. :D You will probably get an A on your take-home exam.

I hope so. There were a few questions I didn't get, but I think that's because our book has been revised several times since our professor created the questions on that exam. :rolleyes:

Oh boy do I have a rant for you all today. Because it's finals time, it's 24-hour quiet hours in the dorms (I wish someone would tell the people who keep slamming their doors that). At any rate, two of my friends and I were bored, and hanging out in the hallway chatting. Then, some RA named Lauren (I didn't even know she was an RA in our building, and I know EVERY one of the other RA's by name, except one other RA who never gives people any trouble) came down and said, "I'm going to need all your ID's, I have to write you up." And our collective immediate reaction was, "FOR WHAT?!?!?" She claimed that people had complained we were being too loud. We were using normal talking voices, and anyone in the rooms where people could have heard us either 1.) weren't in their rooms, or 2.) know us well enough to ask us to quiet down (and we would have gladly went elsewhere if we knew we were bothering anyone). So I have no idea who would have complained. And she actually wrote us up. She was going to write up Dave and Derek too, but we had to explain to her that they had *just* come out of their rooms and weren't being loud at all.

When Frank (the RA that's on our floor who's actually in charge of us) got back, I told him what happened, not mentioning the other RA by name, but only saying they were from upstairs, and he immediately knew who it was. So he went and talked to her, came back, and told me what she said. She said that she had given us a warning (she didn't) and didn't mention anything about anyone complaining. Instead, she said *she* could hear us from upstairs (there is NO WAY she could have heard us from up there, unless she was putting her ear against an air vent or something in an an otherwise silent room. Someone down the hall who walked by when I was talking to Frank even said she couldn't hear us). So, I'm pretty annoyed right now. <_<

Oh boy do I have a rant for you all today. Because it's finals time, it's 24-hour quiet hours in the dorms (I wish someone would tell the people who keep slamming their doors that). At any rate, two of my friends and I were bored, and hanging out in the hallway chatting. Then, some RA named Lauren (I didn't even know she was an RA in our building, and I know EVERY one of the other RA's by name, except one other RA who never gives people any trouble) came down and said, "I'm going to need all your ID's, I have to write you up." And our collective immediate reaction was, "FOR WHAT?!?!?" She claimed that people had complained we were being too loud. We were using normal talking voices, and anyone in the rooms where people could have heard us either 1.) weren't in their rooms, or 2.) know us well enough to ask us to quiet down (and we would have gladly went elsewhere if we knew we were bothering anyone). So I have no idea who would have complained. And she actually wrote us up. She was going to write up Dave and Derek too, but we had to explain to her that they had *just* come out of their rooms and weren't being loud at all.

When Frank (the RA that's on our floor who's actually in charge of us) got back, I told him what happened, not mentioning the other RA by name, but only saying they were from upstairs, and he immediately knew who it was. So he went and talked to her, came back, and told me what she said. She said that she had given us a warning (she didn't) and didn't mention anything about anyone complaining. Instead, she said *she* could hear us from upstairs (there is NO WAY she could have heard us from up there, unless she was putting her ear against an air vent or something in an an otherwise silent room. Someone down the hall who walked by when I was talking to Frank even said she couldn't hear us). So, I'm pretty annoyed right now. <_>

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. You have every right to be mad and I'm mad too!

Now I want to rant. First, I really do not like slamming doors. Try working all night, going to bed at anywhere from 05H00 to 07H00, in a hotel room where the bed is uncomfortable, then keep getting woken up by people walking out of their rooms and letting the door slam, because they are just too lazy to hold it or are just plain inconsiderate of others. Second, I have no patience for that RA and her actions. That RA should have never written you up. She should have reminded you all that the dorms had a 24 hour quiet in effect, then ASKED you all to either go into a room and carry-on your conversation or to break up the group in the hall, but she was wrong to write you up. One thing I have come to know through these boards, is that you, Jesusfreak, are a very, very considerate person and treat people like you would like to be treated. So, not being there, I can say from my heart, that I believe you were not talking above a normal conversation. My last point is the fact that the RA lied to cover her actions. This is so wrong. If I had some authority there, she would be removed from her position and would never be permitted to fill a position such as that again while she was at school.

I am so sorry that you had to encounter this RA. Please do not let her distract you from getting ready to finish your studying and getting ready to go home for the holidays.

When Frank (the RA that's on our floor who's actually in charge of us) got back, I told him what happened, not mentioning the other RA by name, but only saying they were from upstairs, and he immediately knew who it was. So he went and talked to her, came back, and told me what she said. She said that she had given us a warning (she didn't) and didn't mention anything about anyone complaining. Instead, she said *she* could hear us from upstairs (there is NO WAY she could have heard us from up there, unless she was putting her ear against an air vent or something in an an otherwise silent room. Someone down the hall who walked by when I was talking to Frank even said she couldn't hear us). So, I'm pretty annoyed right now. <_<

Ugh! Ditto the slamming doors, it shakes my whole room when people do that :wacko: My roommate lets the door slam too, but the door doesn't close itself, so it bounces off the frame instead, and it really hurts my ears. <_< I don't know how these people fail to recognize how obnoxious the slamming is.

Now, the rest of your post. Now it does bother me when people keep talking in the hall, but the people who talk in my hall are usually, here's that word again, obnoxious. (Once there was a guy and a girl like, SCREAMING at each other right outside the bathroom I was in, and I had to wait until it was relatively quiet, and I just kind of slipped out of there awkwardly :P ). So I'm guessing you guys were more quiet than what is normal around my dorm room, which in itself would've made me a happy wolf if I was trying to study.

That RA that wrote you up is really full of it. Her first story of people complaining is stupid, I don't know how it would get from the student in the room, to public safety, to the hall director (or whatever you have), to this...randomly chosen RA...in the same span of time you guys were talking (how long were you talking, anyway?). Her second story is stupid too, as you pointed out she couldn't have heard it upstairs. When I'm in my room the only noise from other floors, is from the floor ABOVE, when something is dropped or when people are stomping around.

Probably she was visiting your floor and felt like she had to be a superhero and bust up you guys. Sorry you were the victim of that. :(

Now I want to rant. First, I really do not like slamming doors. Try working all night, going to bed at anywhere from 05H00 to 07H00, in a hotel room where the bed is uncomfortable, then keep getting woken up by people walking out of their rooms and letting the door slam, because they are just too lazy to hold it or are just plain inconsiderate of others. Second, I have no patience for that RA and her actions. That RA should have never written you uWellp. She should have reminded you all that the dorms had a 24 hour quiet in effect, then ASKED you all to either go into a room and carry-on your conversation or to break up the group in the hall, but she was wrong to write you up. One thing I have come to know through these boards, is that you, Jesusfreak, are a very, very considerate person and treat people like you would like to be treated. So, not being there, I can say from my heart, that I believe you were not talking above a normal conversation. My last point is the fact that the RA lied to cover her actions. This is so wrong. If I had some authority there, she would be removed from her position and would never be permitted to fill a position such as that again while she was at school.

I am so sorry that you had to encounter this RA. Please do not let her distract you from getting ready to finish your studying and getting ready to go home for the holidays.

To be fair, it does say "no warnings" on the signs about it, but we didn't even know we were in violation of quiet hours. Like, if we were screaming or blasting music or something I could understand her writing us up, because that's obviously in violation of quiet hours, but we were just talking. lol We should have written her up too, she was talking in the hallway when she wrote us up. :rolleyes: This is just like those stupid "zero tolerance" rules where they suspend second graders for having obviously fake axes as part of a firefighter costume. People really need to start looking at why rules are written, rather than just the rules themselves. The no warnings rule is to give the people that are being obviously inconsiderate a slap on the wrist, not to get people that didn't know they were doing anything wrong in trouble.

When Frank (the RA that's on our floor who's actually in charge of us) got back, I told him what happened, not mentioning the other RA by name, but only saying they were from upstairs, and he immediately knew who it was. So he went and talked to her, came back, and told me what she said. She said that she had given us a warning (she didn't) and didn't mention anything about anyone complaining. Instead, she said *she* could hear us from upstairs (there is NO WAY she could have heard us from up there, unless she was putting her ear against an air vent or something in an an otherwise silent room. Someone down the hall who walked by when I was talking to Frank even said she couldn't hear us). So, I'm pretty annoyed right now. <_>

Now I want to rant. First, I really do not like slamming doors. Try working all night, going to bed at anywhere from 05H00 to 07H00, in a hotel room where the bed is uncomfortable, then keep getting woken up by people walking out of their rooms and letting the door slam, because they are just too lazy to hold it or are just plain inconsiderate of others. Second, I have no patience for that RA and her actions. That RA should have never written you uWellp. She should have reminded you all that the dorms had a 24 hour quiet in effect, then ASKED you all to either go into a room and carry-on your conversation or to break up the group in the hall, but she was wrong to write you up. One thing I have come to know through these boards, is that you, Jesusfreak, are a very, very considerate person and treat people like you would like to be treated. So, not being there, I can say from my heart, that I believe you were not talking above a normal conversation. My last point is the fact that the RA lied to cover her actions. This is so wrong. If I had some authority there, she would be removed from her position and would never be permitted to fill a position such as that again while she was at school.

To be fair, it does say "no warnings" on the signs about it, but we didn't even know we were in violation of quiet hours. Like, if we were screaming or blasting music or something I could understand her writing us up, because that's obviously in violation of quiet hours, but we were just talking. lol We should have written her up too, she was talking in the hallway when she wrote us up. :rolleyes: This is just like those stupid "zero tolerance" rules where they suspend second graders for having obviously fake axes as part of a firefighter costume. People really need to start looking at why rules are written, rather than just the rules themselves. The no warnings rule is to give the people that are being obviously inconsiderate a slap on the wrist, not to get people that didn't know they were doing anything wrong in trouble.

I could agree with you if the RA hadn't been untruthful when she told Frank that she had given you a warning. That is probably the reason I am unhappy with her... she just lied.

I could agree with you if the RA hadn't been untruthful when she told Frank that she had given you a warning. That is probably the reason I am unhappy with her... she just lied.

Yeah, that's a large part of why I'm angry, but mostly because we got written up for something we weren't aware we were doing wrong. That's where I have a problem with it.

Yeah, that's a large part of why I'm angry, but mostly because we got written up for something we weren't aware we were doing wrong. That's where I have a problem with it.

I agree totally.

So we talked to the RD about what happened, and he basically said to not worry about it. Apparently, there have been a number of similar incidences involving this particular RA lately. :rolleyes:

And she is still there? Totally unacceptable in my mind.

My thoughts are looking in the future... if she will lie about the what happens in the dorm, can you imagine what kind of colleague she would be at work?

What a horror to have to go to work with someone such as her.

So we talked to the RD about what happened, and he basically said to not worry about it. Apparently, there have been a number of similar incidences involving this particular RA lately. :rolleyes:

My thoughts are looking in the future... if she will lie about the what happens in the dorm, can you imagine what kind of colleague she would be at work?

Oh I know! We think someone stole her midol.... :rolleyes: If she does get removed from the situation, it's going to be awhile, because I'm pretty sure there's lots of red tape involved. And even so, when we talked to the RD, he was in the middle of writing a paper, so he was busy.

Oh I know! We think someone stole her midol.... :rolleyes: If she does get removed from the situation, it's going to be awhile, because I'm pretty sure there's lots of red tape involved. And even so, when we talked to the RD, he was in the middle of writing a paper, so he was busy.

:lol: That's a good excuse for her inability to think clearly. :lol:

As for the RD, he doesn't want to be bothered when there are higher priorities on his plate.

As for the RD, he doesn't want to be bothered when there are higher priorities on his plate.

Yeah. And he's a really awesome guy, and I'm pretty sure he knows us well enough to know we didn't actually do anything worth writing up.

Today Marius finally asked Nikki out. Apparently she said, "I'll think about it." *pause in story for some commentary and background info* When most girls say, "I'll think about it" to being asked out, they really mean "No, but I don't want to say no and hurt your feelings." However, Nikki, from what I understand, is a rather blunt and straightforward person, so a more direct rejection would have been expected. So there is the slightest chance she mean what she said about thinking about it. Also, I'm really surprised that she didn't say yes, because based on her actions, I really thought she liked him. *end pause* Marius took her response as a "no" and was taking it pretty hard. He was in one of his bad moods where he doesn't talk and kinda keeps his head down. He looked like he was near tears. He recovered throughout the course of the day though, and we ended up having a really good IM chat. It would take forever to explain everything, but to put it in short, it seems Marius is really growing and changing for the better at the end of all this (yes, I am completely aware of how corny and cliche this all is, but it's true.) It's interesting, because the things he is going through and has gone through are very similar to what I've had to go through, so I'm able to tell him how I handle things, and how they made me who I am today. Oddly enough, it really seems to be helping him, and I'm thrilled that he's making steps in the right direction to improve himself as a person (mainly by becoming more confident in himself, and having less, how to put this...emotionally damaging? perspectives on things, if that makes sense). So it's interesting. :) Marius is a lot like me, only he hasn't been like me as long as I've been like me. He's still coming to terms with the same types of things I came to terms with a few years ago, because he experienced them a few years after I did.

Yeah. And he's a really awesome guy, and I'm pretty sure he knows us well enough to know we didn't actually do anything worth writing up.

Today Marius finally asked Nikki out. Apparently she said, "I'll think about it." *pause in story for some commentary and background info* When most girls say, "I'll think about it" to being asked out, they really mean "No, but I don't want to say no and hurt your feelings." However, Nikki, from what I understand, is a rather blunt and straightforward person, so a more direct rejection would have been expected. So there is the slightest chance she mean what she said about thinking about it. Also, I'm really surprised that she didn't say yes, because based on her actions, I really thought she liked him. *end pause* Marius took her response as a "no" and was taking it pretty hard. He was in one of his bad moods where he doesn't talk and kinda keeps his head down. He looked like he was near tears. He recovered throughout the course of the day though, and we ended up having a really good IM chat. It would take forever to explain everything, but to put it in short, it seems Marius is really growing and changing for the better at the end of all this (yes, I am completely aware of how corny and cliche this all is, but it's true.) It's interesting, because the things he is going through and has gone through are very similar to what I've had to go through, so I'm able to tell him how I handle things, and how they made me who I am today. Oddly enough, it really seems to be helping him, and I'm thrilled that he's making steps in the right direction to improve himself as a person (mainly by becoming more confident in himself, and having less, how to put this...emotionally damaging? perspectives on things, if that makes sense). So it's interesting. :) Marius is a lot like me, only he hasn't been like me as long as I've been like me. He's still coming to terms with the same types of things I came to terms with a few years ago, because he experienced them a few years after I did.

I totally agree with your thoughts about the RD. I think he knows you all well enough.

*GASP*

Okay... I am totally at a loss for words.

Back to my first impression... I do believe your instincts about Nikki were correct.

The best thing of all is that you and Marius are good friends, you have the words to help him and you are there for him to help him.

There is one great point in all of this, Marius couldn't ask for a nicer, more thoughtful friend and you are this friend.

I totally agree with your thoughts about the RD. I think he knows you all well enough.

*GASP*

Back to my first impression... I do believe your instincts about Nikki were correct.

The best thing of all is that you and Marius are good friends, you have the words to help him and you are there for him to help him.

There is one great point in all of this, Marius couldn't ask for a nicer, more thoughtful friend and you are this friend.

Aw, thank you. :) I'm still not entirely sure what will happen with Nikki. It is quite possible that she is actually thinking about it, and that she might eventually say yes. Not likely, but possible. But in the mean time, Marius thinking she meant "no" seems to have had a good effect on his character, like I said, even if he was in a really bad mood.

Yay! I got stepmania (like DDR) to work on my computer! I also got it to work with my dance mat, which makes me *really* happy. I also got ahold of a program that generates steps for songs on the game, so I've got that running with an entire folder of music. So I'm a happy person now. ^_^

*GASP*

Aw, thank you. :) I'm still not entirely sure what will happen with Nikki. It is quite possible that she is actually thinking about it, and that she might eventually say yes. Not likely, but possible. But in the mean time, Marius thinking she meant "no" seems to have had a good effect on his character, like I said, even if he was in a really bad mood.

I think Nikki is being very inconsiderate to be "thinking about it". Is she really that clueless that other people have feelings? :blink: In my opinion, you either want to go out with Marius or you don't. But I feel it is unacceptable to play with Marius' feelings like this. If I was him, when she finally decided to go out with me, I would say I had changed my mind.

Yay! I got stepmania (like DDR) to work on my computer! I also got it to work with my dance mat, which makes me *really* happy. I also got ahold of a program that generates steps for songs on the game, so I've got that running with an entire folder of music. So I'm a happy person now. ^_^

That sounds very cool!!!

*GASP*

I think Nikki is being very inconsiderate to be "thinking about it". Is she really that clueless that other people have feelings? :blink: In my opinion, you either want to go out with Marius or you don't. But I feel it is unacceptable to play with Marius' feelings like this. If I was him, when she finally decided to go out with me, I would say I had changed my mind.

I doubt she said it with any malice intended. Either she didn't want to hurt him by outright saying "no" (a lot of girls do that, because they don't realize it's worse), or she might actually be thinking about it. Sometimes people get stuck in that in between state of not being sure if they want to go out with someone or not. (Although admittedly a better answer would have been "I don't quite know you well enough to answer that question yet")

That sounds very cool!!!

It is. It's fun times. ^_^

*GASP*

I doubt she said it with any malice intended. Either she didn't want to hurt him by outright saying "no" (a lot of girls do that, because they don't realize it's worse), or she might actually be thinking about it. Sometimes people get stuck in that in between state of not being sure if they want to go out with someone or not. (Although admittedly a better answer would have been "I don't quite know you well enough to answer that question yet")

I didn't mean to imply that she did it with malice.

*GASP*

Ah, okay. At any rate, although Marius isn't happy she turned him down (if that was actually her intention), he is happy to be relieved of the stress of impressing someone. :rolleyes:

*GASP*

Ah, okay. At any rate, although Marius isn't happy she turned him down (if that was actually her intention), he is happy to be relieved of the stress of impressing someone. :rolleyes:

I'm glad Marius is happier now. I would like to hear what happens next.

*GASP*

Well I doubt much of anything in the near future, as he's going home tomorrow morning after he hands in his last paper. Brennan went home today, Dave, Kim, and Steph are all home. Derek and Christina both leave tomorrow. So it's just going to be me and Lindsay going home on Tuesday.

*GASP*

Well I doubt much of anything in the near future, as he's going home tomorrow morning after he hands in his last paper. Brennan went home today, Dave, Kim, and Steph are all home. Derek and Christina both leave tomorrow. So it's just going to be me and Lindsay going home on Tuesday.

It will be good for Marius to have a break. Well, actually it will be good for all of you to home with family.

*GASP*

It will be good for Marius to have a break. Well, actually it will be good for all of you to home with family.

This is true, although for me at least, life gets really boring at home, because where I live trees outnumber people by quite a lot.

*GASP*

This is true, although for me at least, life gets really boring at home, because where I live trees outnumber people by quite a lot.

Can I move there? I would love for the trees to outnumber the people by 1,000,000,000,000... to one.

Can I move there? I would love for the trees to outnumber the people by 1,000,000,000,000... to one.

What is your area like? Does it make you tired of people? :P Or are there just no trees there?

What is your area like? Does it make you tired of people? :P Or are there just no trees there?

Let me answer this in my topic, so I don't clog up Jesusfreak's topic.

Doesn't really bother me either way. :) I'm not sure trees outnumber people by quite that much though... :rolleyes: but it's by enough to make where I live pretty boring. Unless you're fascinated by trees.

Doesn't really bother me either way. :) I'm not sure trees outnumber people by quite that much though... :rolleyes: but it's by enough to make where I live pretty boring. Unless you're fascinated by trees.

Take a look at my topic and you will see my rant. I really did not want to rant in your topic! :lol:

Take a look at my topic and you will see my rant. I really did not want to rant in your topic! :lol:

Haha okay. :P

And rant I did! LOL

And rant I did! LOL

So I saw. :P At the moment I'm taking a break from the massive pack-a-thon I've been having, because I'm going home tomorrow. And get this: (I really can't believe I get to say this one) I've been praying the past few days more than I've been (because I hadn't been praying nearly enough) about the usual things that I'd neglected; God's will in my life, etc. As soon as I started my break of this pack-a-thon, Ian signed on. And then he actually IM'd me! And now we're talking like nothing is strange at all. I really thought he was purposely ignoring me. So, I'm not quite sure what to make of all this.

And rant I did! LOL

So I saw. :P At the moment I'm taking a break from the massive pack-a-thon I've been having, because I'm going home tomorrow. And get this: (I really can't believe I get to say this one) I've been praying the past few days more than I've been (because I hadn't been praying nearly enough) about the usual things that I'd neglected; God's will in my life, etc. As soon as I started my break of this pack-a-thon, Ian signed on. And then he actually IM'd me! And now we're talking like nothing is strange at all. I really thought he was purposely ignoring me. So, I'm not quite sure what to make of all this.

:blink: I am at a loss for words. :blink:

Eeeeee good news! ^_^ Marius just IM'd me. He ran into Nikki today, and she told him that he caught her off guard the other day when he asked her out, and she wanted to say yes. I was right! So he's happy now. :)

This is great news! I am glad everyone is happy and just in time for the holidays!

Eeeeee good news! ^_^ Marius just IM'd me. He ran into Nikki today, and she told him that he caught her off guard the other day when he asked her out, and she wanted to say yes. I was right! So he's happy now. :)

This is great news! I am glad everyone is happy and just in time for the holidays!

Me too. ^_^ And I'm also happy that I wasn't wrong about Nikki liking Marius because I was seriously doubting my ideas about how people act when they like someone. :blink:

So, I'm at home now, I have tons of unpacking to do. Ian has IM'd me a few times, and we're still talking just like we used to, which makes me happy. :) That's pretty much it. Once I get my room in order, I'll have to call/IM Phil and see about getting together and playing DDR or something. :)

So, I'm at home now, I have tons of unpacking to do. Ian has IM'd me a few times, and we're still talking just like we used to, which makes me happy. :) That's pretty much it. Once I get my room in order, I'll have to call/IM Phil and see about getting together and playing DDR or something. :)

And you forgot one big thing... go out for a drive! :lol:

And you forgot one big thing... go out for a drive! :lol:

I did that today. I thought I was going to end up helping to clean up the house, but I ended up driving Dad all around town to run errands. The past few days I've been out shopping with mom, and all the stores are so crowded because it's almost Christmas. I don't mind people, but I don't like being around that many of them at once. :wacko: At least all my Christmas shopping is done though. Tomorrow we have church, and Tommy's coming with us as usual. After that, we're going to go get and hopefully set up and decorate the Christmas tree. Then I've got lots of room cleaning and present wrapping to accomplish.

It's almost Christmas! ^_^

You will be celebrating one hour before I will. :lol:

Haha well then, now it's Christmas for both of us! ^_^

True!!! :D

Tennessee is sooooooooooooo cold. I wish I was celebrating Christmas in Florida. :blink:

Quit your whining. You have to learn to appreciate the cold. :P

Tennessee is sooooooooooooo cold. I wish I was celebrating Christmas in Florida. :blink:

:lol: That coming from a wolf. :lol:

I can't wait until the heat comes in the summer and you can't get your log cool. :P

I can't wait until the heat comes in the summer and you can't get your log cool. :P

lol yeah, this summer I'm planning on being at home instead of camp, and at home it's usually about 5-10 degrees warmer. I'm going to see about getting an air conditioner for at least the living room.....But at least I'll have internet! ^_^

Don't be silly. The windows were carved in rectangles, we can put air conditioners in them ;) It's a bit tough with the shedding and all, but not too bad here.

It's almost Christmas!

Haha well then, now it's Christmas for both of us!

:lol: That coming from a wolf. LOL

Don't be silly. The windows were carved in rectangles, we can put air conditioners in them ;) It's a bit tough with the shedding and all, but not too bad here.

That's what I get for trying to out-think a wolf with a 3.958 GPA!!! :lol:

It's almost Christmas!

Hahaha :lol: You know it got me thinking though, imagine how awesome it would be to make a home out of the massive log of a fallen sequoia tree or something like that. It would be so cool!

It's almost Christmas!

Hahaha :lol: You know it got me thinking though, imagine how awesome it would be to make a home out of the massive log of a fallen sequoia tree or something like that. It would be so cool!

I would love it! Those trees are so huge! It would give new meaning to the term "log" cabin. :lol:

It's almost Christmas!

You will be celebrating one hour before I will.

True!!!

I would love it! Those trees are so huge! It would give new meaning to the term "log" cabin. :lol:

Haha that is true. :lol: So today I finally got a few hours of free time to get my room cleaned up. I can see my floor now! Although my room isn't nearly done. I need to clean up the tops of my dressers and shelves, then sort through the several boxes of random stuff I have on my floor, get the giant mirror out of my room (this this is about 6' x 4' and came from my parents' room. It got put in my room because they were fixing their wall and I was away at college. They never put it back), clean out under/behind my bed, and then clean out my drawers. At that point, I will try on all my clothes and find out what fits and what doesn't. Clothes that don't fit or I don't like will go to goodwill. Also, lots of stuff is going to be boxed up and put in the attic. So I have my work cut out for me. Most of the reason I need to get my room so thoroughly cleaned (usually "cleaning my room" means "put lots of stuff in drawers and boxes, and throw out some stuff") is because there's a good chance my grandmother will be coming to live at our house within a year or so, and they're going to put her in my room. So my room needs to be organized and ready to move, and the amount of stuff I have needs to be small enough to fit inside my sister's room. And oh boy do I have a lot of stuff. It barely fits inside my own room. :blink:

It's almost Christmas!

True!!!

Quit your whining. You have to learn to appreciate the cold.

Hahaha LOL You know it got me thinking though, imagine how awesome it would be to make a home out of the massive log of a fallen sequoia tree or something like that. It would be so cool!

Haha that is true. :lol: So today I finally got a few hours of free time to get my room cleaned up. I can see my floor now! Although my room isn't nearly done. I need to clean up the tops of my dressers and shelves, then sort through the several boxes of random stuff I have on my floor, get the giant mirror out of my room (this this is about 6' x 4' and came from my parents' room. It got put in my room because they were fixing their wall and I was away at college. They never put it back), clean out under/behind my bed, and then clean out my drawers. At that point, I will try on all my clothes and find out what fits and what doesn't. Clothes that don't fit or I don't like will go to goodwill. Also, lots of stuff is going to be boxed up and put in the attic. So I have my work cut out for me. Most of the reason I need to get my room so thoroughly cleaned (usually "cleaning my room" means "put lots of stuff in drawers and boxes, and throw out some stuff") is because there's a good chance my grandmother will be coming to live at our house within a year or so, and they're going to put her in my room. So my room needs to be organized and ready to move, and the amount of stuff I have needs to be small enough to fit inside my sister's room. And oh boy do I have a lot of stuff. It barely fits inside my own room. :blink:

You have way too much energy for me. :lol:

Another very good place to donate is The Salvation Army - Domestic Violence department. You have to be very specific as they are two separate entities. The people in the domestic violence group deal with anyone who has left their home, and this is usually with only the clothes on their back. Then they are given clothes from donations. I think that is a great place to donate, where they really help someone get on their feet.

It's almost Christmas!

True!!!

That coming from a wolf. LOL

I can't wait until the heat comes in the summer and you can't get your log cool.

Don't be silly. The windows were carved in rectangles, we can put air conditioners in them It's a bit tough with the shedding and all, but not too bad here.

That's what I get for trying to out-think a wolf with a 3.958 GPA!!!

Hahaha LOL You know it got me thinking though, imagine how awesome it would be to make a home out of the massive log of a fallen sequoia tree or something like that. It would be so cool!

Another very good place to donate is The Salvation Army - Domestic Violence department. You have to be very specific as they are two separate entities. The people in the domestic violence group deal with anyone who has left their home, and this is usually with only the clothes on their back. Then they are given clothes from donations. I think that is a great place to donate, where they really help someone get on their feet.

That's pretty cool. :) Although to be fair, "give to goodwill" generally means "dump clothes in the nearest available clothes drop box on our next shopping trip" :rolleyes:

It's almost Christmas!

True!!!

That coming from a wolf. LOL

I can't wait until the heat comes in the summer and you can't get your log cool.

Don't be silly. The windows were carved in rectangles, we can put air conditioners in them It's a bit tough with the shedding and all, but not too bad here.

That's what I get for trying to out-think a wolf with a 3.958 GPA!!!

That's pretty cool. :) Although to be fair, "give to goodwill" generally means "dump clothes in the nearest available clothes drop box on our next shopping trip" :rolleyes:

:lol: Well, at least they are going somewhere. :D

So, I spent basically all of today cleaning my room. I'm more than halfway done.

DONE:

Main Floor

Clothes (4 trash bags of stuff I don't wear anymore)

Under Bed (keep in mind my bed is lofted)

Drawers

Dresser Tops

IN PROGRESS: Shelves

TO DO:

Other Corners/ Under Dressers/ Etc.

Vacuuming/Dusting

I'm surprised I got as much as I did done today, I was expecting this whole room cleaning thing to take at least a week. :rolleyes:

So, I spent basically all of today cleaning my room. I'm more than halfway done.

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

I'm surprised I got as much as I did done today, I was expecting this whole room cleaning thing to take at least a week. :rolleyes:

You are like a cleaning tornado! :lol:

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

And the current state of my room reflects that. All the stuff that came out of the aforementioned sections is now on my floor. So I need to sort all of the out before I can get the dusting and vacuuming done. And the vacuuming will have to wait until tomorrow because for some reason my mom is already asleep.

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

And the current state of my room reflects that. All the stuff that came out of the aforementioned sections is now on my floor. So I need to sort all of the out before I can get the dusting and vacuuming done. And the vacuuming will have to wait until tomorrow because for some reason my mom is already asleep.

I guess you wore your mother out. :lol:

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

She's awake again now, I think she said something about not feeling well. So that means there's a good chance we're not going to church tomorrow, unless someone wakes me up in time to drive my sister and I down there. Vacuuming and dusting are still going to happen tomorrow though, because I just took a shower and don't care to cover myself in dust again.

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

She's awake again now, I think she said something about not feeling well. So that means there's a good chance we're not going to church tomorrow, unless someone wakes me up in time to drive my sister and I down there. Vacuuming and dusting are still going to happen tomorrow though, because I just took a shower and don't care to cover myself in dust again.

Oh no... I hope your mother is not getting sick. Those kind of colds and flu are awful.

As far as church goes... have you ever heard of an alarm clock? :blink:

DONE:

Main Floor

Drawers

Dresser Tops

TO DO:

Vacuuming/Dusting

Oh no... I hope your mother is not getting sick. Those kind of colds and flu are awful.

As far as church goes... have you ever heard of an alarm clock? :blink:

Me too. It's not good when mom's sick. As for the alarm clock thing, if I can avoid having to wake up early, I will, and I don't enjoy driving down main street in my town. :wacko: But on the other hand, I don't mind going to church either. So if someone wakes me up, I'll go. And if not, I won't. Doesn't matter much to me either way. :)

Oh my dear lord, this board still exists! I haven't been on here in ages...*Feels like an old fart*...I remember when the boards got revamped, what, a half-decade ago? And I still recognize some of the people here, too!

Salut, mes petit chous!

Welcome back!!! I hope you stop in on a regular basis now that you remember we are here. :)

Oh my dear lord, this board still exists! I haven't been on here in ages...*Feels like an old fart*...I remember when the boards got revamped, what, a half-decade ago? And I still recognize some of the people here, too!

Salut, mes petit chous!

Very literal translation: Good day, my small cabbages!

Bonjour, je suis content que tu reviennes! *glomps*

Translation: Hello, I am happy that you return!

Salut, mes petit chous!

Ahh, tu sais parler Français! Je peux seulement parler un peu....

Translation: Ahh, you speak French! I can only speak a little....

So, what's been happening here in the last, oh, three years? Besides everyone now having a few more figures on their post counts....

Salut, mes petit chous!

So, what's been happening here in the last, oh, three years? Besides everyone now having a few more figures on their post counts....

When HampsterKing revamped the boards, people lost posts. So please think back and try and remember how many posts you had and I will have him up your number. I was thinking you were over 1000, would this be more correct or were you higher than that?

Hello everyone! Past three years huh? Well if you want the long story, you could just read this topic. :rolleyes: lol in all seriousness though, the highlights: I graduated high school, am in my second year of college with a double major in elementary education and psychology, and I finally got my driver's license. ^_^ As for the rest of the boards, it's just quieted down a lot since the revamp.

Salut, mes petit chous!

Yeah, I just took a french film course, very interesting. Can't take franco-italian comparisons because of schedule conflicts :( Speaking of which, I'm in college now, and so is JF. We've had a few disappearances and a few returns. Horatio is pretty much our only moderator, but Hampsterking moderates as well from time to time - he can take time processing things, perhaps because his old age of 100 has caught up to him. :P

Oh yeah, if you haven't already noticed, the homepage has changed (apparently a film was to be released? But it didn't happen, at least by the specified time).

So how have YOU been the past few years?

I have no idea how many posts I had! It was a pretty impressive sum, as I remember...but put whatever number you feel like, Horatio! Thaaaaank you.

Non, je ne parles pas bien le fromage...mais, ma soeur est un beau morceau de fromage, donc je le parle un peu!. Aussi, mes pochets dire salut!

Translation: No, I don't speak cheese...but my sister is a handsome piece of cheese, so I speak it a little. Also, my pockets say hello.

I have no idea how many posts I had! It was a pretty impressive sum, as I remember...but put whatever number you feel like, Horatio! Thaaaaank you.

Non, je ne parles pas bien le fromage...mais, ma soeur est un beau morceau de fromage, donc je le parle un peu!. Aussi, mes pochets dire salut!

Translation: No, I don't speak cheese...but my sister is a handsome piece of cheese, so I speak it a little. Also, my pockets say hello.

I'll let HampsterKing know. As Jesse said in his post a couple before this one, he is slow, so it will probably not happen overnight. :lol:

You will need to go to my topic, The Horatio Club, in HampsterDance Talk to look at some of the pictures. The last couple, few pages should show you what I have been up to.

Jesusfreak has a pictures topic and there is even a picture of HampsterKing in there. :D

My room is now completely clean! ^_^ I dusted and vacuumed today, which was the last thing I needed to get done. Now I can have friends over and not worry about my room being a mess. *dances around newly cleaned room* It's still a bit cluttered, but that's how it's always been, so it doesn't bother me at all. My parents are pretty happy that my room is in decent order as well. :rolleyes:

My gosh, we've all gotten to be so old overnight, it seems...whatever happened to our terrible spelling and grammar?

I haven't been up to much...I was banned off the computer for over two years, though...great times. Otherwise I never would've left you guys. *Hugs everyone* I see there have been name changes: Moneylover got promoted! But Horatio hasn't rolled over and died from the stress of dealing with us, so that's a fantastic thing.

Je vous aime beaucoup...est-ce que vous m'aimez? J'ai sucre....;D

Translation: I love you (plural) a lot...do you love me? I have sugar...;D

My gosh, we've all gotten to be so old overnight, it seems...whatever happened to our terrible spelling and grammar?

I haven't been up to much...I was banned off the computer for over two years, though...great times. Otherwise I never would've left you guys. *Hugs everyone* I see there have been name changes: Moneylover got promoted! But Horatio hasn't rolled over and died from the stress of dealing with us, so that's a fantastic thing.

Je vous aime beaucoup...est-ce que vous m'aimez? J'ai sucre....;D

Translation: I love you (plural) a lot...do you love me? I have sugar...;D

Of course we love you! I have been saving up sugar in my sugar chest, just for your return. :D

*hugs back*

Why don't you start your own topic in any forum you wish and I will pin it for you.

This way everyone will know you are back. Pick your forum, make a topic and I will do the rest.

Sorry you were banned. We missed you so very much. Hopefully you will stay around.

So, our New Year's party thing last night was fun. We played DDR and apples to apples, ate lots of food, and set off fireworks. ^_^

Glad to hear you got the new year started off by having fun. :)

*nods* My legs are still sore from playing DDR. :rolleyes:

That will teach you! :lol:

So, our New Year's party thing last night was fun. We played DDR and apples to apples, ate lots of food, and set off fireworks. ^_^

You play apples to apples too? We love that game!

It's so much fun! ^_^ And there are so many ways to play it too. I like to just play indefinitely, no winning or losing, just playing for fun. :)

@Horatio: Yes. It teaches me that I'm quite out of shape. :P

It's so much fun! ^_^ And there are so many ways to play it too. I like to just play indefinitely, no winning or losing, just playing for fun. :)

I'm quite goofy with that game. Once the word was "friendly" and I put down "angry hornets" :P Don't get many points for that but I do it for humeric value :P

I'm quite goofy with that game. Once the word was "friendly" and I put down "angry hornets" :P Don't get many points for that but I do it for humeric value :P

Oh, it depends on who you're playing with. I've gotten points by putting down things like Michael Jackson for "innocent." :rolleyes:

And HK can't be that out of shape if he's a firefighter, that equipment is heavy!

Oh, it depends on who you're playing with. I've gotten points by putting down things like Michael Jackson for "innocent." :rolleyes:

And HK can't be that out of shape if he's a firefighter, that equipment is heavy!

Some cards are almost unbeatable, no matter what adjective you put them down for...like Helen Keller. (It's amazing how versatile she is!)

Some cards are almost unbeatable, no matter what adjective you put them down for...like Helen Keller. (It's amazing how versatile she is!)

Haha, our trump card is Denzel Washington. :lol:

Haha, our trump card is Denzel Washington. :lol:

Hiroshima and Meat Cleavers are always big with us. :rolleyes:

I had an interesting dream this morning (afternoon, really). I remember something about a schoolbus, but that had nothing to do with the rest of it. The rest of it involved some sort of journey, on foot, straight across the country, through the woods. Somehow me, a girl with pink hair, and two guys were with us. And apparently I liked one of the two guys, I can't remember his name now, but he had curly short brown hair. We arrived at the Midwest, and it appeared to me like a movie, I'm pretty sure there was background music too. There was a huge cliff we had to get down. We watched another girl go down by basically letting herself fall, and periodically grabbing at trees to slow herself to a stop. We all agreed it looked painful and that she was crazy. So I was looking for a way down by climbing, and got just far enough down so my head was barely above the cliff and I got stuck. Most of the rocks were really loose in the ground, and a number of them actually fell when I pushed on them. Some of the rocks I pushed off somehow made a flat space I was able to slide my body into, underneath the ground where everyone else was standing. While I was sitting there, the pink haired girl crouched down above me (she looked like an anime character) and told me that I needed to tell the guy I liked that I like him. I remember finding that one spot in the space I hollowed out was cold, as if it had been frozen. Then I decided that the way I was trying to get down would never work, and also that it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get myself up. So I asked the others for help. Now, somehow, at this point, the area around the cliff that I was facing was enclosed in a building, it looked like the part we were in was a sort of lobby-hallway. And somehow a few of my real life guy friends were there, and it was Marius who came to help me. The others didn't seem to notice that I was actually in danger of falling to my death. Marius was able to pull me up most of the way, but because I was standing on a ledge about a foot below the edge of the cliff, I needed him to pull me at least to a standing upright position, or so I was leaning forward and not backwards. So I kept shouting, "You need to pull me over! Guys, come help him!" I think Kevin is the only one that helped him, and some others might have run over to watch (I think Brennan was there too). I woke up about then. I figure the reason I was stuck in a backwards position in my dream is probably because I was sleeping on my back. So, it was interesting to say the least.

So, interesting addition to that dream I had. One thing I didn't mention (because I didn't think it was significant) is that I noticed and remembered what some of the people were wearing. I just told Marius about the dream, and that I remembered he was wearing his trogdor shirt and black jeans. Turns out, that's what he was wearing earlier today.

So, interesting addition to that dream I had. One thing I didn't mention (because I didn't think it was significant) is that I noticed and remembered what some of the people were wearing. I just told Marius about the dream, and that I remembered he was wearing his trogdor shirt and black jeans. Turns out, that's what he was wearing earlier today.

:o:o:o

Now that makes your dream seem more real.

lol there were a few things about the dream that made it impossible to be real, but it was quite vivid.

lol there were a few things about the dream that made it impossible to be real, but it was quite vivid.

Only once in a while do I have one of those vivid dreams and when I do, it really sticks in your mind.

Only once in a while do I have one of those vivid dreams and when I do, it really sticks in your mind.

Yeah. I rarely remember my dreams, and even when I do, it's usually just jumbled bits and pieces. There were a few odd things about this dream though. One was that I remembered exactly what marius was wearing. Also, some of the people looked like anime characters, cartoon style, which has never happened. And some of the people I was interacting with closely were people I don't know from real life.

Yeah. I rarely remember my dreams, and even when I do, it's usually just jumbled bits and pieces. There were a few odd things about this dream though. One was that I remembered exactly what marius was wearing. Also, some of the people looked like anime characters, cartoon style, which has never happened. And some of the people I was interacting with closely were people I don't know from real life.

So interesting.

You all should be proud of me. I survived my first time driving alone. And no one even beeped at me. And I also called Phil to make sure he's still alive and to see when he has free time. (for some reason, both driving and calling people on the phone make me very nervous)

Oh, and interesting addition to the dream thing. Later that night, Marius got really sick. But he's better now.

So, I was sitting here with my computer, and I kept smelling chocolate. And I was wondering where it came from. Turns out chocolate had somehow managed to melt itself all over the bottom of my laptop, and, consequently, my pants and bed. <_< Oh well, my sheets probably needed to be washed anyways. :rolleyes: