Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Vocaloid?

Is anyone here into Vocaloid? Or know what it is?

I'm mainly asking this because I'd like to see how many HDers like it, plus I kind of wrote a fanfic about Vocaloid that I was thinking of posting.

If anyone here does like it, feel free to name some songs you think are good.

I've actually been wanting to purchase Big Al or English Miku when she comes out so I can put my songs on YouTube, or possibly both of them so I have both female and male options for songs. One of the lame-o things though is that some of the Japanese-language characters would suit my songs better, but they can't sing in English too well. I would like to use Kaito for my EarthBound songs but he can't sing English. Nevertheless, the software is crazy expensive and I have to think about which ones suit my needs before buying one. Until then, I just listen to other people's songs.

Same here, at least for now. Another problem is, with most of the amateur songs I've seen (especially stuff produced with english language characters) it's difficult to get them to sound real, and even professional songs sometimes sound robotic, and I would want them to sound realistic.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a note I made to myself to post here and now I cannot find it. *absent minded hamster* Anyway, I will have to get the name of a great free program to give you. One of my first officer's told me about it and I wrote it down for you, now I will have to ask him again. My apologies.

There was a note I made to myself to post here and now I cannot find it. *absent minded hamster* Anyway, I will have to get the name of a great free program to give you. One of my first officer's told me about it and I wrote it down for you, now I will have to ask him again. My apologies.

The what now? I'm very curious now

• 2 months later...

To quote The Wiki of All Pedias,

Utau
(stylized and most often referred to as
UTAU
) is a Japanese singing synthesizer application created by Ameya/Ayame. This program is similar to the Vocaloid software, with the difference that it is freeware instead of being released under third party licensing.

So I guess that's the free vocaloid-equivalent you were thinking of, Horatio?

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

True. What is interesting is that fifteen years have passed since the idea first began. Daisy Bell is the original name for the vocaloid, after project Elvis, So you would think that you would find a lot more Daisy Bell covers. I find it interesting that it took four years from the start of the project to release Leon and Lola. Yamaha Corporation has really accomplished quite a bit with Vocaloid. I have spent too much time listening to Vocaloid on YouTube.