Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Rabbits! :D

Well, in light of this whole "my best friend is in jail" thing, I forgot to mention, I was going to get a rabbit from him, and I've had it for two weeks now. But I'm also taking care of his rabbit, so right now I've got my hands full with these two crazy males that I need to keep separate. They're so cute! and I'm not having a difficult time with care, so it's actually a lot of fun.

Well, in light of this whole "my best friend is in jail" thing, I forgot to mention, I was going to get a rabbit from him, and I've had it for two weeks now. But I'm also taking care of his rabbit, so right now I've got my hands full with these two crazy males that I need to keep separate. They're so cute! and I'm not having a difficult time with care, so it's actually a lot of fun.

I love rabbits! Please post a picture of these two. Plan on keeping his rabbit for a while. The great thing is that rabbits can be housebroken and will use their potty. They can be let out of their cage and run around the house for a little exercise.

The great thing is, this is a lot easier since he was already telling me how to care for the one he was gonna give me. The one that's his is, fortunately, already potty trained, so that makes life easier.

A friend of mine has two rabbits and fortunately they potty trained really fast and never, ever had an accident. She wanted me to "rabbit-sit" for her, and I was a little afraid that if I did, I would then have rabbits added to the household. :lol: Hamsters are more than enough when you live a lifestyle on the road.

By the way... do you know how long rabbits live?

They have a pretty long life span, don't they? Something like 7 or more years?

That sounds about right. I know that the wild marsh rabbits in Florida, can live that long if they can avoid predators. Usually they don't make it that long. Bertha, the wild rabbit that lived outside our front door, lived about seven years.

• 3 weeks later...

One of them plays a lot and it's easy to find stuff he likes to play with(his favorite is running around with tissue paper), but the other one only likes tossing his water dish and I'm having a hard time finding something he delights in.

One of them plays a lot and it's easy to find stuff he likes to play with(his favorite is running around with tissue paper), but the other one only likes tossing his water dish and I'm having a hard time finding something he delights in.

Tissue paper is really bad for pets. Might I suggest that you give him newspaper? Tissue paper has been bleached and pieces sometimes get stuck in their mouths. tissue paper, Kleenex, toilet paper, paper towels will kill a hamster.