Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Not sure how many people like DnD but I thought I'd try it out here on the forums... So let me know what you think and then I will add more to this if you all are interested in playing. (It will obviously take some work when actually playing on my behalf to make sure thing work right)

What you do to get started is pick your race. But first, let's take a look at attributes, stats, and skills.

Attributes

• Willpower
    The amount of willpower a character has determines their willingly and determination to continue fighting. Each point in willpower increases the health of the character.
  • Strength
    The amount of physical damage capable of being produced. Strength increases the threshold of minimum and maximum damage, as well as the draw power of bows. Weight capacity is affected by strength.
  • Endurance
    The amount of damage capable of withstanding. The higher the endurance, the more natural defense, thus allowing you to stand longer. Every step when carrying 20% weight capacity reduces your fatigue by 10. Endurance counters this by reducing by .1 per 10 points in the stat when "over-eight."
  • Dexterity/Agility
    The percentage of dodge rate, as well as attacking speed. Dextrous characters move faster, can move further, and attack more often.
  • Fatigue
    Fatigue is the amount of attacks possible, number of actions, movements, and capability to perform strong attacks on enemies.
  • Intelligence
    Intellect increases the max amount of mana possible and simply allowing characters access to more precise abilities. It is required for learning new spells, reading books, learning new abilities and purposeful critical hits. It also helps casters in conserving mana by subconsciencly using the appropriate amount of mana.
  • Wisdom (Natural Intuiton)
    The maximum amount of spell damage capabable. Characters with a high wisdom can influence others, as well.

Each attribute is reflected in the character's "Attribute menu" by corresponding letters.

Willpower - Wil. Strength - S. Endurance - E. Dexterity - D. Fatigue - F. Intelligence - I. Wisdom - Wis.

Stats (Stat Screen)

Race: Class:

Willpower (Health)

Focus (Mana)

Fatigue

Weight Capacity

AR (Actions left - Includes attacking, using an item, movment, etc)

AC (Accuracy)

DR (Dodge Rate)

-

S

E

D

I

W

Skills

Now that you've had a chance to preview the attributes and stat (screen), here's your first chance to put it into effect.

We'll start by giving you a overview of the races, desc of those races, and the starting attributes and stats of those respective races.

Homo Sapien -

• History

Originally designed by the Immortals, they were classified as "Flawed", since they were seen as fragile and weak, and hence locked away, never given the Breath of Life. Furious he was never considered an Immortal, a powerful entity known as A'loTom decided to rebel against the higher powers, freeing the Homo Sapiens from their prison. However, since they were not given Life yet, they were in a sense dolls. So Atom (As was his name for short) tricked The Spirit of Life into bringing the flawed two creations to life.

Taking them on as his children, he named the two abominations Adam (In a tribute to his own name) and Eve, after the Spirit of Life. For many years, they continued to grow and show promise. And despite their flaws, the Homo Sapiens showed just how power they were and began to take over the world.

• Description

Despite having been considered flawed by the Immortals, the Homo Sapien proved their creators wrong by showing an unbreakable spirit, will, courage, and determination. Regardless of the odds, the "flawed" people became a rivaling force in any battle and war; especially in politics and diplomacy.

• Starting Attributes and Stats

Because of their high spirit, Homo Sapiens start out with the most Willpower and gain 2 per 1 Attribute point. They also have access to most items, abilities, and powers. However, they are not as strong or masterful.

Starting Race-Specific Skill = Humans can activate their "High Spirit" ability, giving them a temp-bonus of 5 Willpower.

Willpower (Health) - 15

Focus (Mana) - 3

Fatigue - 10

Weight Capacity - 30 LBS

AR - 3

AC - Melee = 60% Ranged = 30%

DR - 8%

Wil - 6

S - 5

E - 4

D - 3

I - 2

Wis - 1

Alfar -

• History

The first "perfect" creation ever given Life, the Alfar were tall, slender, yet physically strong like a god, they were created by the Immortal Freyr, Vanir was their home island. In accodance of the Immortals, Alfar, refered to later by the Homo Sapien as Light-Elves (For their shining appearance and aura), powers were bestowed upon them to prove they could be trusted and show responsibility. Because of this, they were given "immortal" status, though because of their later actions, had it taken away.

Eventually wishing to delve deeper in the mysteries of magick and their powers, their physical strength disappated and the Alfar lost their immortal status and was sunk into a state of despair. Desiring to be immortal again, Volundr, the first and most powerful of the Elves, spent years trying to prolong the life of his people and himself. Repeatedly failing, he made a last wish to the Immortal Freyr. He asked for his powers and life to be taken away, and in return given to his people as a gift of prolonged life. His final request was granted.

• Description

Despite the immense boost of magical powers, the Alfar continued to prove they had physical strength matching many other races, though mostly relying on the forementioned. As a result, they no longer train physically.

• Starting Attributes and Stats

Alfar start with the most Intelligence and wisdom, as well as Focus. Their access to items are mostly limited to spell and magic increasing items. However, that which they can obtain, they are masters in.

Starting Race-Specific Skill = Being creatures of persuasion, Alfar have an 45% chance ability to be able to dominate the mind of their target. (Persuade)

Willpower (Health) - 5

Focus (Mana) - 20

Fatigue - 10

Weight Capacity - 15 LBS

AR - 3

AC - Melee = 50% Ranged = 15%

DR - 3%

Wil - 1

S - 2

E - 3

D - 4

I - 5

Wis - 6

(Will make more later. Tired of all this typing, reading/research for origin stories.)

[ Great idea! Although the boards are really, really slow at the moment. But... yeah! Nice to see you again Taynio. How is life treating you? Any new pictures to show us? Please give us an update in your topic. Horatio ]

[i would really love to play, but it's been some time since I last played D'n'D-last time I played was when my brother's friend Kyle still lived with us-and would like a refresher on the game rules and such...]

[Dont' feel too bad, Lexxy-man, I haven't played D&D since I was a little 9-year-old and my brother got ahold of some 1E books XD]