Hampsterdance Discussion Board

LifesEagle's feeling awful

LifesEagle

I have food poisoning. Isn't that wonderful news? No more raw mice for me.

Urrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh. :closedeyes: This explains my lack of posts, in case you've been wondering. Anyone got good treatments for nausea?

I have food poisoning. Isn't that wonderful news? No more raw mice for me.

Urrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh. :closedeyes: This explains my lack of posts, in case you've been wondering. Anyone got good treatments for nausea?

Food poisoning. Horrors!!! I had the exact same thing on Monday night, but I wasn't eating my relatives.

What I did was drink lots of water and then ate lots of plain bread and dry saltine crackers.

We were worried because you were posting and then disappeared. So, although I am happy you are feeling better enough to post, I am so sorry you are feeling bad.

Perhaps someone else has something for the nausea.

Yeah, I wasn't actually eating rodents (of course) but I had a chicken and bacon sub from Subway and I brought it up Tuesday night. On Wednesday I was too scared to eat but in the evening I had something small and brought THAT up, too. I just about managed to hold my lunch down today, but I have a feeling and I'll be better tomorrow. Right now I can't even get out of my chair otherwise I get a huge wave of nausea. Yesterday morning I couldn't even get out of bed and missed handing in TWO important assignments... <_<

What were you eating to get FP, Horatio?

Yeah, I wasn't actually eating rodents (of course) but I had a chicken and bacon sub from Subway and I brought it up Tuesday night. On Wednesday I was too scared to eat but in the evening I had something small and brought THAT up, too. I just about managed to hold my lunch down today, but I have a feeling and I'll be better tomorrow. Right now I can't even get out of my chair otherwise I get a huge wave of nausea. Yesterday morning I couldn't even get out of bed and missed handing in TWO important assignments... <_>

What were you eating to get FP, Horatio?

I don't believe you have food poisoning. Usually once you get rid of whatever was the 'poison' you feel better. It sounds more like you have the same 'bug' that is taking over the US.

My food was pork. I cooked it to well done, but if the food is bad, then it doesn't matter how much you cook it, it is still bad. My food poisoning attacked me about 05H11.

How I know immediately I have food poisoning is because I wake up with a ferocious headache. Fortunate for me I have never had a migraine, but this must be what a migraine feels like. Then when I stand up to get something for the headache, the headache goes away and a tsunami of nausea comes over me and I need to head straight to the bathroom, kitchen sink, bucket... anything within reach. If I can get to a sink and start drinking lots of water, I usually get sick straight away and then as soon as the evil food comes up, I feel better within about one to two minutes. Headache gone, nausea gone... very strange. One time in Paris I thought I was going to die. My food poisoning was that bad. The only thing that came up was one little, itty bitty chicken feather, from the wing. I had gone to dinner with a friend and had eaten... one, I repeat, only ONE chicken wing. That was what attacked me. That one wing had one little miniscule feather on it. Who would have guessed. Another time I had only eaten British Airways food in the last 36 hours and while on the Concorde I could feel it coming. Here I am in a pilot's uniform, getting what appeared to be air sick. As sick as I was I still thought I was going to die from embarrassment. Unlucky for me, the gestapo flight attendant would not allow me into the bathroom as we were on final approach. She made me sit in my seat and handed me a blanket to be sick in. Thank you sooooooooooo much.

I didn't think that it was food poisoning at first but I appear to have all the symptoms, and many people I know who have had food poisoning remain feeling a bit groggy for a few days afterwards. I actually think it's a combination of things because I felt a bit groggy BEFORE I had the sub but from the looks of what I brought up the chicken hadn't been digested, so I don't know what to think. I also had had a few subs in the days leading up to it so maybe it's a Subway intollerance. :rolleyes: #

Oh, that sounds awful! How could you not notice a feather on a wing...? I remember getting something similar on a holiday to Spain once (worst holiday of my life) where we went to TGI Friday's and a few chicken tenders had me throwing up in the night and bed-ridden with an explosive temperature for about 4 days. <_<

I didn't think that it was food poisoning at first but I appear to have all the symptoms, and many people I know who have had food poisoning remain feeling a bit groggy for a few days afterwards. I actually think it's a combination of things because I felt a bit groggy BEFORE I had the sub but from the looks of what I brought up the chicken hadn't been digested, so I don't know what to think. I also had had a few subs in the days leading up to it so maybe it's a Subway intollerance. :rolleyes: #

Oh, that sounds awful! How could you not notice a feather on a wing...? I remember getting something similar on a holiday to Spain once (worst holiday of my life) where we went to TGI Friday's and a few chicken tenders had me throwing up in the night and bed-ridden with an explosive temperature for about 4 days. <_>

You are right. I just checked with a friend of mine and he said his food poisoning does not go away immediately.

As for the feather... it was so small and curled up into a little circle the size of a baby pea.

Food posioning allmost makes me want to become a vegetarian. Which, I wonder how Toto is. :blink:

And as far as Subway... they have a pretty good meatball and cheese sub. I have not had it, but I was just informed of this. But when I get sick, I usually shy away from the culprit for a while.

How horrible your holiday in Spain turned out to be. :(

I suppose it depends on what you eat. My sub had chicken AND bacon so they were both risky meats.

You must be more eagle-eyed than me tohave spotted that! Oh dear, didn't you complain? That's a real health risk.

My stance on vegetarianism is well known. Heck, my current FB status is "hardcore carnivore" and I just added the FB group "I Hate PETA".

I've heard that it's good, but I certainly won't be going anywhere near that place for a while. And if I do ti certainly won't be the branch that I went to to get THIS one. The city where I'm studying appears to have more Subways than it has Starbucks. :rolleyes:

It was a nightmare. I also really hate the country: I am NEVER going back.

I suppose it depends on what you eat. My sub had chicken AND bacon so they were both risky meats.

You must be more eagle-eyed than me tohave spotted that! Oh dear, didn't you complain? That's a real health risk.

My stance on vegetarianism is well known. Heck, my current FB status is "hardcore carnivore" and I just added the FB group "I Hate PETA".

I've heard that it's good, but I certainly won't be going anywhere near that place for a while. And if I do ti certainly won't be the branch that I went to to get THIS one. The city where I'm studying appears to have more Subways than it has Starbucks. :rolleyes:

You just educated me. I had no idea that bacon was risky. I luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvv bacon! BLT's, bacon and eggs, bacon and cheese omelets. Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!!!!!

No... no eagle eyes. Just mostly blind hamster eyes. If I had spotted the feather before I was eating the wing, I would have removed it. The only way I knew what made me sick was due to the fact that the feather was the only object that came up other than water. And as soon as it arrived in the sink, I felt immediately better. And complain in Paris... I have enough trouble locating a bathroom in French. :lol:

I am also a hardcore carnivore, but PETA happens to be doing wonderful work in Arkansas at the moment. There is a group of guys who manufacture bullets. They have decided that testing on live hogs is totally acceptable. The hogs to not die immediately, but die a horrible and painful death. In this case, I do support PETA. That bullet manufacturer should spend the extra money for some kind of testing materials that are artificial, not living animals.

Good choice.

You just educated me. I had no idea that bacon was risky. I luuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvv bacon! BLT's, bacon and eggs, bacon and cheese omelets. Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!!!!!

No... no eagle eyes. Just mostly blind hamster eyes. If I had spotted the feather before I was eating the wing, I would have removed it. The only way I knew what made me sick was due to the fact that the feather was the only object that came up other than water. And as soon as it arrived in the sink, I felt immediately better. And complain in Paris... I have enough trouble locating a bathroom in French. :lol:

I am also a hardcore carnivore, but PETA happens to be doing wonderful work in Arkansas at the moment. There is a group of guys who manufacture bullets. They have decided that testing on live hogs is totally acceptable. The hogs to not die immediately, but die a horrible and painful death. In this case, I do support PETA. That bullet manufacturer should spend the extra money for some kind of testing materials that are artificial, not living animals.

Good choice.

Well, if pork is then bacon must be just as bad. I LOVE bacon as well and I'm actually dying for some right now, but tonight it's chicken sweet and sour as always (it's easy to cook in my dinky student kitchen!).

Ooh, I see. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find a translator, they could really hurt someone serving food like that. There was apparently a health bulletin about a week ago warning people about eating at Subway and from a quick Google search it appears that a worrying number of people get sick from eating there across the world. The town where I'm studying seems to have more Subways than Starbucks (something tells me I've said that already) so every time I go past I feel sick. :wacko:

Right now I can't even think about PETA, what with their campaign to rename fish "sea kittens". There are people starving in the world.

Yeah, "sea kittens" because apparently nobody would hurt a kitten. The more they spout their rubbish the less I care about animal rights. They make me want to go around in my fur-lined coat fastened with a leather belt as I look great in my animal-tested make-up eating battery chicken KFC. They don't even treat other animal rights campaigners with respect!

But this is one issue that I can't go on about because I'll just start getting offensive. <_<

Yeah, "sea kittens" because apparently nobody would hurt a kitten. The more they spout their rubbish the less I care about animal rights. They make me want to go around in my fur-lined coat fastened with a leather belt as I look great in my animal-tested make-up eating battery chicken KFC. They don't even treat other animal rights campaigners with respect!

But this is one issue that I can't go on about because I'll just start getting offensive. <_>

Do I see you sharpening your talons? :lol:

The only good thing about PETA is that they've got a competition to win the first season of "Dexter", of which I am a fan and I signed up for. What irony it'll be if I win! Of course, now I keep on getting emails from them and I couldn't care less about what they have to say. Even though I AM ni an animal mood right now: I went riding today and the stables where I go has more animals there than Noah's ark! There was one dog that kept on following me around and she wanted to play fetch all the time but she kept on losing the sticks I was throwing her. Such a cutie! ^_^

The only good thing about PETA is that they've got a competition to win the first season of "Dexter", of which I am a fan and I signed up for. What irony it'll be if I win! Of course, now I keep on getting emails from them and I couldn't care less about what they have to say. Even though I AM ni an animal mood right now: I went riding today and the stables where I go has more animals there than Noah's ark! There was one dog that kept on following me around and she wanted to play fetch all the time but she kept on losing the sticks I was throwing her. Such a cutie! ^_^

*loves riding*

I've got my paws crossed that you win the first season of "Dexter"!!!

*loves riding*

I didn't know you like riding! Do you ride nowadays?

It doesn't matter if I don't get it, I have a bootleg copy from China. :D

*loves riding*

Of course I still ride. Lexxscrapham made a special hammy-sized saddle for me. It looks really, really tiny on the back of a horse though.

*loves riding*

Of course I still ride. Lexxscrapham made a special hammy-sized saddle for me. It looks really, really tiny on the back of a horse though.

Is there anything you DON'T do? That saddle can't be very safe! The horse I was on today looked like a cow in terms of her colouring and I rode her last lesson, she's a sweetie.

*loves riding*

Is there anything you DON'T do? That saddle can't be very safe! The horse I was on today looked like a cow in terms of her colouring and I rode her last lesson, she's a sweetie.

Just as long as she didn't ride like a cow. :lol:

And yes... there are so many things I don't do. :( If only there was more time in the day and I had lots more money for toys. :lol:

*loves riding*

And yes... there are so many things I don't do. :( If only there was more time in the day and I had lots more money for toys. :lol:

When I did this hiking thing for a while we had to pass through fields full of cows and we were so tired that we ALMOST stole some... at least then we'd have some dinner, too! What sort of toys? Barbies? :P

*loves riding*

When I did this hiking thing for a while we had to pass through fields full of cows and we were so tired that we ALMOST stole some... at least then we'd have some dinner, too! What sort of toys? Barbies? :P

Cows... I love those faces. Dinner... a little large for an eagle. :D You would be eating beef for a year.

Toys... another motorcycle, how about a new mountain bike, little chainsaw to carve artwork out of the trunks, wind surfing board, roller blades and the new thing I saw was sneakers with these springs and arc-like bottoms for running and absorbing the impact of your feet pounding the pavement.

*loves riding*

Cows... I love those faces. Dinner... a little large for an eagle. :D You would be eating beef for a year.

Toys... another motorcycle, how about a new mountain bike, little chainsaw to carve artwork out of the trunks, wind surfing board, roller blades and the new thing I saw was sneakers with these springs and arc-like bottoms for running and absorbing the impact of your feet pounding the pavement.

Moooooooo. You clearly haven't seen me tackle a beef lasagne!

I'm not keen on motorbikes but I like the sound of those trainers with the springs, I've seen them advertised somewhere. I could do with some skates at the moment, I need to get to classes quicker but bikes are too bulky.

*loves riding*

And yes... there are so many things I don't do. :( If only there was more time in the day and I had lots more money for toys. LOL

I'm not keen on motorbikes but I like the sound of those trainers with the springs, I've seen them advertised somewhere. I could do with some skates at the moment, I need to get to classes quicker but bikes are too bulky.

You have wings... don't they get you to class fast enough? :blink:

*loves riding*

And yes... there are so many things I don't do. :( If only there was more time in the day and I had lots more money for toys. LOL

I'm tired enough in the mornings without having to fly to lessons! It's easier to crawl. Though I DID get my dream 4-inch heels the other day so my walk is now essentially a crawl. :lol:

*loves riding*

I'm tired enough in the mornings without having to fly to lessons! It's easier to crawl. Though I DID get my dream 4-inch heels the other day so my walk is now essentially a crawl. :lol:

FOUR INCH HEELS????????????

What store did you purchase them??? :lol:

Miss Selfridge's. Observe. I'll take a photo of me in them soon, they look better on. I'm very into The Rocky Horror Picture Show so I needed some platforms! :lol:

post-1559-1227755286_thumb.jpg

Miss Selfridge's. Observe. I'll take a photo of me in them soon, they look better on. I'm very into The Rocky Horror Picture Show so I needed some platforms! :lol:

Those are fantastic shoes. Personally I would end up falling off them and probably kill myself in them, but for someone as skilled as you, walking should be no problem.

They look very expensive. :rolleyes::D

Those are fantastic shoes. Personally I would end up falling off them and probably kill myself in them, but for someone as skilled as you, walking should be no problem.

At the current exchange rate those shoes are worth $61.6038 exactly. I've learnt how to walk in them, it's just really difficult here because the campus has lots of mini hills to conquer. But I'm not THAT skilled! These are probably the highest pairs of shoes I've ever had.

At the current exchange rate those shoes are worth $61.6038 exactly. I've learnt how to walk in them, it's just really difficult here because the campus has lots of mini hills to conquer. But I'm not THAT skilled! These are probably the highest pairs of shoes I've ever had.

You are definitely far from the ground! :lol:

They look far more expensive than $62. When you finally get all dressed up in your new shoes, then we need a picture of the entire outfit. :D Please.