Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Relay For Life

Last year, everything fell through for me. But this year I am determined. I am even trying to host one at my school.

Has anyone had experience with organizing one before?

Mega Wolf has had some great success, so I would ask for her input. I will donate to your Relay when you get ready.

Alright, so as far as hosting one at your school, I'd first try to start by checking the website, which can easily be found. It might even be a good idea to find a teacher that is interested in helping you out with this, and I was thinking that a club would be the greatest motivation. It's not necessarily going to be huge the first year, but it'll grow. Make sure that once you do manage to get it started up, to spread the word. The best way to get the academics into it is by mentioning the large amounts of community service that can be involved. And after the first year it'll grow because it'll be fun and inspirational and people will tell their friends.

Oh my, jumping ahead of myself already. Yeah, first figuring out how to start one would be best. Internet is a great source. And also the principal's approval would be good. lol.

Seeing as if it's on school campus as it is held at my school you'll have to be borrowing the football field or whatever.

Alright, so as far as hosting one at your school, I'd first try to start by checking the website, which can easily be found. It might even be a good idea to find a teacher that is interested in helping you out with this, and I was thinking that a club would be the greatest motivation. It's not necessarily going to be huge the first year, but it'll grow. Make sure that once you do manage to get it started up, to spread the word. The best way to get the academics into it is by mentioning the large amounts of community service that can be involved. And after the first year it'll grow because it'll be fun and inspirational and people will tell their friends.

Oh my, jumping ahead of myself already. Yeah, first figuring out how to start one would be best. Internet is a great source. And also the principal's approval would be good. lol.

Seeing as if it's on school campus as it is held at my school you'll have to be borrowing the football field or whatever.

My friend Clarice and I already brought this up at French Club, and we got a positive response to it, and the adviser thought it was a great idea... so I found the teacher and club to host it.

I tried checking online for help, but I couldn't really find anything. I suppose I could head over the the local ACS office and see what I would have to do.