Hampsterdance Discussion Board

My Pictures!

wildcat

SO! We have spirit week this week, and yesterday was Cajun Day, today was Decades Day, and tomorrow is Rock Day!

I don't have any pictures from Cajun Day, but I do for Decades Day!

And the freshman dressed the BESTTTT! All the teachers loved us because we really got our outfits together and everyone went all out and its amazing!

So, I have the obnoxious carrot colored tights on with the gray sweatshirt and the blue legwarmers. Heh heh.

post-6852-1221707400_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1221707435_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1221707441_thumb.jpg

SO! We have spirit week this week, and yesterday was Cajun Day, today was Decades Day, and tomorrow is Rock Day!

I don't have any pictures from Cajun Day, but I do for Decades Day!

And the freshman dressed the BESTTTT! All the teachers loved us because we really got our outfits together and everyone went all out and its amazing!

So, I have the obnoxious carrot colored tights on with the gray sweatshirt and the blue legwarmers. Heh heh.

80sHD.JPG

80sHD2.JPG

80sdayHD3.JPG

Those are great!!!!!! I love those smilie faces!!!! What a fantastic idea!!!!!

FRESHMEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FROSH!

Sweet. My school's spirit week starts tomorrow. And I am a junior. :P

~Liz

Hah! I love spirit week! It's so... spiritive!

and this week is freshman welcome week, so we also get to wear normal clothes to school

and every senior pics a freshman little sis and we aren't supposed to know, but they kidnap us on wednesday night then we have no classes thursday :D

FRESHMEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FROSH!

Sweet. My school's spirit week starts tomorrow. And I am a junior. :P

~Liz

Hah! I love spirit week! It's so... spiritive!

and this week is freshman welcome week, so we also get to wear normal clothes to school

and every senior pics a freshman little sis and we aren't supposed to know, but they kidnap us on wednesday night then we have no classes thursday :D

Sounds like a really fun week! Let us know all about it. :D

Uhg, why do all the other schools get cool spirit days? Ours are all stupid things like "Wear the colors of your favorite sports team!" or "Dress like your favorite teacher!" D:

I plan on wearing a kilt every day for spirit week at my school...

T.V./Movie day (braveheart)

Flashback Day (Celtic ancestors)

School Color day (black kilt)

Costume day (highlander)

I'M JEALOUS! i've always wanted a kilt, but the only places i've found them online have been >$100

I plan on wearing a kilt every day for spirit week at my school...

T.V./Movie day (braveheart)

Flashback Day (Celtic ancestors)

School Color day (black kilt)

Costume day (highlander)

I'M JEALOUS! i've always wanted a kilt, but the only places i've found them online have been >$100

Go to the local thrift stores. If you call and tell them what you are looking for, they sometimes will help you look and call you when one comes in.

Then you can get a pretty nice one for about $5.00.

Uhg, why do all the other schools get cool spirit days? Ours are all stupid things like "Wear the colors of your favorite sports team!" or "Dress like your favorite teacher!" D:

Here is what I suggest and see if you think this might work. Find out who is in charge of coordinating the spirit days, then approach them with the idea that you would like to change what the days will represent. When they ask you what you are considering doing, tell them you will have sheets that students can sign with ideas in a specified location in the school. If you could do it online, it would be easier, but then you don't know who is doing the entries. Then when you have a ideas, you will make a survey for all the kids to vote on.

If you feel this way, then I am certain others do and you will have made a difference!

Dress like your favorite teacher??????????? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Wear the colours of your favorite sports team???????????????? UCKKKKKKKKKKKKK... I don't have a favorite sports team. Professional sports are NOT something I care about.

Of course, you could always start a petition which addresses the changing of what you do on spirit day and start having kids sign it. Then when you get enough signatures, you could present it to the person in charge.

Here is what I suggest and see if you think this might work. Find out who is in charge of coordinating the spirit days, then approach them with the idea that you would like to change what the days will represent. When they ask you what you are considering doing, tell them you will have sheets that students can sign with ideas in a specified location in the school. If you could do it online, it would be easier, but then you don't know who is doing the entries. Then when you have a ideas, you will make a survey for all the kids to vote on.

If you feel this way, then I am certain others do and you will have made a difference!

Wear the colours of your favorite sports team???????????????? UCKKKKKKKKKKKKK... I don't have a favorite sports team. Professional sports are NOT something I care about.

Of course, you could always start a petition which addresses the changing of what you do on spirit day and start having kids sign it. Then when you get enough signatures, you could present it to the person in charge.

I think that's actually what we've done in the past, and that's the best people can come up with .__. The thing is, I always end up forgetting about Spirit Days anyway so I've never made much of a fuss about getting cooler themes. But I do know some people who have been talking about doing just what you said.

And then there are the cool people who come to school dressed as pirates anyway and find some sort of vauge connection to the theme if anybody questions them. Like, "This is what my favorite sports team would dress like if the team was entirely composed of pirates."

I think that's actually what we've done in the past, and that's the best people can come up with .__. The thing is, I always end up forgetting about Spirit Days anyway so I've never made much of a fuss about getting cooler themes. But I do know some people who have been talking about doing just what you said.

And then there are the cool people who come to school dressed as pirates anyway and find some sort of vauge connection to the theme if anybody questions them. Like, "This is what my favorite sports team would dress like if the team was entirely composed of pirates."

Pirate day... now that is a stellar idea!!!!!! :D

Let's see, my spirit week was:

Class Color Day - Seniors wear blue, Juniors wear green, Sophomores wear red, Freshmen wear white. I wore my green Beatles Shirt.

Twin / Mix-Match Day - I defied authority and was no one's twin and did not mix&match. I wore my pink peace Life Is Good shirt.

Crazy Hat & Sock Day - I wore my Elton John hat and two different socks, one with black & pink stripes, other black with...umm...polka dots or something. I don't remember.

Pajama Day - I had happened to be at Mandee's the night before looking for a Homecoming dress, and also happened to see a cute pair of pjs - white & pink top and said "Love" and had one of those combined heart/peace signs, and pink pants. So I got that and wore it. Usually I don't just go out and shop, but it happened. LOL

School Colors day - wear our school colors. I wore my Elton John shirt and sweatpants. They were the right colors. :blink: LOL

So pretty fun. I heard rumours of a Superhero day somewhere near Halloween. I'd like to wear this shirtpost-1940-1222480582_thumb.jpg except that it's $50 in the eltonjohn website store. So I might ask my mom to look for it on ebay. That is, if superhero day is a reality and not a rumour. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm rambling because it's kind of late-ish. Well not really for a Friday, But whatever!!

~Liz

Class Color Day - Seniors wear blue, Juniors wear green, Sophomores wear red, Freshmen wear white. I wore my green Beatles Shirt.

Twin / Mix-Match Day - I defied authority and was no one's twin and did not mix&match. I wore my pink peace Life Is Good shirt.

Crazy Hat & Sock Day - I wore my Elton John hat and two different socks, one with black & pink stripes, other black with...umm...polka dots or something. I don't remember.

Pajama Day - I had happened to be at Mandee's the night before looking for a Homecoming dress, and also happened to see a cute pair of pjs - white & pink top and said "Love" and had one of those combined heart/peace signs, and pink pants. So I got that and wore it. Usually I don't just go out and shop, but it happened. LOL

School Colors day - wear our school colors. I wore my Elton John shirt and sweatpants. They were the right colors. :blink: LOL

So pretty fun. I heard rumours of a Superhero day somewhere near Halloween. I'd like to wear this shirtCapF.jpg except that it's $50 in the eltonjohn website store. So I might ask my mom to look for it on ebay. That is, if superhero day is a reality and not a rumour. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm rambling because it's kind of late-ish. Well not really for a Friday, But whatever!!

~Liz

F-I-F-T-Y..... D-O-L-L-A-R-S for a T-shirt?????????

If I spent that much money on a t-shirt, I would have it framed! :lol:

So pretty fun. I heard rumours of a Superhero day somewhere near Halloween. I'd like to wear this shirtpost-1940-1222480582_thumb.jpg except that it's $50 in the eltonjohn website store. So I might ask my mom to look for it on ebay. That is, if superhero day is a reality and not a rumour. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Yep.

Elton John Women's Captain Fantastic Capsleeve T-Shirt

Our Price:

$49.99

Elton John Women's Babydoll

Allover print Cartoon Illustration of Caption Fantastic

91% Poly 9% Spandex.

LOL, they spelled "Captain" wrong in the description. :rolleyes:

~Liz

So pretty fun. I heard rumours of a Superhero day somewhere near Halloween. I'd like to wear this shirtCapF.jpg except that it's $50 in the eltonjohn website store. So I might ask my mom to look for it on ebay. That is, if superhero day is a reality and not a rumour. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Yep.

Elton John Women's Captain Fantastic Capsleeve T-Shirt

Our Price:

$49.99

Elton John Women's Babydoll

Allover print Cartoon Illustration of Caption Fantastic

91% Poly 9% Spandex.

LOL, they spelled "Captain" wrong in the description. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Now it would definitely be in a frame!!!

~Liz

What would you do with my seventy dollar t-shirt? :lol:

~Liz

Have heart failure then put it in a solid platinum frame. :lol:

~Liz

Haha. Well I ship it to you then.

~Liz

:lol: I'll get the frame ready. :lol:

~Liz

I won't even tell you what I spent on one pair of jeans.... that were on clearance.

well gee! theres a whole coversation goin' on here!

and that is possibly one of the coolest shirts i've seen in a while

anyway... it was nice out today, so i took some pictures

post-6852-1222652527_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1222652534_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1222652552_thumb.jpg

and now to prove my point that anyone with a camera and microsoft photo viewer (standard with every windows computer) can take an "artistic" picture

post-6852-1222652546_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1222652552_thumb.jpg

and i just noticed i saved that picture of a piano as "paino" :huh: lol

post-6852-1222652540_thumb.jpg

~Liz

I won't even tell you what I spent on one pair of jeans.... that were on clearance.

I'm afraid to hear. :o

well gee! theres a whole coversation goin' on here!

and that is possibly one of the coolest shirts i've seen in a while

anyway... it was nice out today, so i took some pictures

clover.jpg

cloverlowsat.jpg

sleepyclover.jpg

and now to prove my point that anyone with a camera and microsoft photo viewer (standard with every windows computer) can take an "artistic" picture

paino.jpg

sleepyclover.jpg

and i just noticed i saved that picture of a piano as "paino" :huh: lol

How do I miss these typos? :lol:

The kitty is wonderful, but I love the artistic quality of the piano keys.

hah, no really

ANYONE can take a picture and make it 'artistic'

just make it black and white, turn up the brightness and the contrast and BAM! you've got art!

:lol: I think you need a bit more than that... you need to have an eye for the way to take the picture and you also need to have some talent to 'capture' the perfect composition of what you are trying to portray.

hah, no really

just make it black and white, turn up the brightness and the contrast and BAM! you've got art!

:lol: I think you need a bit more than that... you need to have an eye for the way to take the picture and you also need to have some talent to 'capture' the perfect composition of what you are trying to portray.

haha, alright! i'll take my compliment and run with it!

hah, no really

Adds some freshly baked cookies to the compliment!

*throws them to Wildcat*

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

those better be chocolate chip, mister!

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*runs to look at recipe....*

*wipes brow*

Yes, of course, chocolate chip chunks.

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

excellent :ph34r:

its pretty sad that i havent had any time to get on here besides putting up pictures

i really wish i could spend more time on the internet, but i have so much work =P

post-6852-1222990023_thumb.jpg

my favorite ^_^ its very autumny

post-6852-1222990036_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1222990047_thumb.jpg

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

its pretty sad that i havent had any time to get on here besides putting up pictures

i really wish i could spend more time on the internet, but i have so much work =P

Nice! The second one reminds me of some plants outside of my school...you haven't been lurking there, have you? :lol:

~Liz

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

Nice! The second one reminds me of some plants outside of my school...you haven't been lurking there, have you? :lol:

~Liz

uh oh... you've caught on to me! :ph34r:

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

acorn.jpg

bamboo.jpg

flower.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... beautiful!!!!!

Those are wonderful!

What kind of camera do you use?

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

Those are wonderful!

ughh, i dont feel like finding it right now :rolleyes:

its just a digital camera... nothing fancy lol

casio 10 megapixel, i think?

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

acorn.jpg

bamboo.jpg

flower.jpg

Those are wonderful!

ughh, i dont feel like finding it right now :rolleyes:

its just a digital camera... nothing fancy lol

casio 10 megapixel, i think?

WOW... the pictures are fantastic!!!

hah, no really

*throws them to Wildcat*

*wipes brow*

~Liz

uh oh... you've caught on to me! :ph34r:

LOL! 10mp is good, mine is only 5.1 ; of course, I got it for 8th grade graduation in june 06, so they get outdated very quickly. :rolleyes:

~Liz

yeah i got a camera in '06 too and its a viking with 5 mp and its AWFUL!

its way thicker than all these newfangled cameras! lol

i'm going to get a nice camera my junior year after i've taken 2 PE's and i can take photography :]

Well, I think mine's OK, but I don't have a 10 to compare it to. :rolleyes:

Took that with it on macro setting... ^_^

~Liz

i'm going to get a nice camera my junior year after i've taken 2 PE's and i can take photography :]

~Liz

that's a great picture!

macro is my favorite setting haha, it makes everything look good :]

~Liz

Beautifullllllllllllll!!!!

~Liz

that's a great picture!

macro is my favorite setting haha, it makes everything look good :]

Thanks!

Yeah, me too. Whenever I see pretty flowers and I have my camera, I have to take pictures. :rolleyes:

~Liz

~Liz

Thank you!!! :D

~Liz

~Liz

Thank you!!! :D

~Liz

You are most welcome.

• 5 months later...

LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES :D :D :D

because I feel like uploading some.

First, my recent trip to the Mardi Gras fair :]

post-6852-1236904838_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904869_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904858_thumb.jpg

The only way I could tell who I was in the pictures where I'm in the air is from my shoelaces haha

Next, every wednesday and friday, after lunch we have a free period. and then after that I have PE

So it's like 2 free periods, which is 3 hours of free time

yeah. we go "hiking" when we get bored at school...

post-6852-1236904881_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904889_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904896_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904902_thumb.jpg

And we had a snow day in January.

post-6852-1236904911_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904917_thumb.jpg

There was like only an inch of snow.... but school got cancelled anywayyy!!!

The boarding school students took pictures!

post-6852-1236904924_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904932_thumb.jpg

post-6852-1236904940_thumb.jpg

LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES :D :D :D

because I feel like uploading some.

First, my recent trip to the Mardi Gras fair :]

fair.jpg

fair4.jpg

fair3.jpg

The only way I could tell who I was in the pictures where I'm in the air is from my shoelaces haha

Next, every wednesday and friday, after lunch we have a free period. and then after that I have PE

So it's like 2 free periods, which is 3 hours of free time

yeah. we go "hiking" when we get bored at school...

school1.jpg

school2.jpg

school3.jpg

school4.jpg

And we had a snow day in January.

snowday1.jpg

snowday2.jpg

There was like only an inch of snow.... but school got cancelled anywayyy!!!

The boarding school students took pictures!

schoolsnow1.jpg

schoolsnow2.jpg

schoolsnow3.jpg

Fantastic pictures!!! I was trying to find my favorite, but there are a bunch of my favorites. :lol:

Thank you for taking the time to post them.