Hampsterdance Discussion Board

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP. BIOLOGY!

The Biggest Fan Of Fuzzy

(indicate whether the following are hydrophilic or hydrophobic.- i know these) do these substances contain ionic, polar covalent bonds, or non polar covalent bonds?

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

a. how many grams of lactic acid are in a 0.5M solution of lactic acid?

b. how many grams of salt must be dissolved in water to make 2 liters of a 2M salt solution.

(indicate whether the following are hydrophilic or hydrophobic.- i know these) do these substances contain ionic, polar covalent bonds, or non polar covalent bonds?

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

I actually don't remember this, but you could probably find the information by googling it. (or in your textbook, which is probably your best bet.)

a. how many grams of lactic acid are in a 0.5M solution of lactic acid? find the chemical formula for lactic acid, add up all the atomic weights and such (to get the mass of 1M lactic acid) and divide by two to get half a mole, I think. And then it's that many grams per whatever measurement it is for solutions, I don't remember anymore @_@

b. how many grams of salt must be dissolved in water to make 2 liters of a 2M salt solution. If you can figure out the last one, you can figure out this one I think.

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

b. how many grams of salt must be dissolved in water to make 2 liters of a 2M salt solution.

I don't remember these, but I can look them up.

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

I know Kaity F. took Ap Bio last year if you need help. I don't know how well you know her.

~Liz

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

I know Kaity F. took Ap Bio last year if you need help. I don't know how well you know her.

~Liz

She never messaged me back.

I had to hand it in today.

You guys get to go back tomorrow! :glare:

That class is insane!

I already have a test on chapter one and two on Friday! And I'm taking SAT Prep, and I have to take a mandatory PSAT, so I'm going to miss this huge test!

a) olive oil

B) sugar

c) salt

d) candle wax.

~Liz

She never messaged me back.

I had to hand it in today.

You guys get to go back tomorrow! :glare:

That class is insane!

I already have a test on chapter one and two on Friday! And I'm taking SAT Prep, and I have to take a mandatory PSAT, so I'm going to miss this huge test!

Try Monday. :P

Sorry things aren't going great. I have to take the PSATs as well. In october I think.

~Liz

Ahaha.

Any advice on what to do once you get past the litmus test and (inconclusive) flame test would be appreciated.

I am making a very poor attempt at working on this. If I was in Florida, I have a neighbor who is a NASA scientist/engineer and he would have been able to answer this in one second.

I started AP Stats today. We didn't really do much, because the first day of school is kind of like "Hi, here's the rules/etc, go home and get them signed. Oh, and here's your book."

I get a big locker this year!!

~Liz

I started AP Stats today. We didn't really do much, because the first day of school is kind of like "Hi, here's the rules/etc, go home and get them signed. Oh, and here's your book."

~Liz

That's a bad sign... big locker, more books, more homework. :lol:

~Liz

Nah, locker assignment is usually random. I have a small locker (always have. >.<) and have a lot of work. Dx

~Liz

Nah, locker assignment is usually random. I have a small locker (always have. >.

Let's see... I could think up something else. :lol:

~Liz

It's alphabetical...all seniors get big lockers, and juniors whose last names start with a-f get big lockers. :D

I have already put up several EJ and JL pictures, along with a JL "War is Over" poster. :D

~Liz