Hampsterdance Discussion Board

--Dog Lover's Very Own Topic--

Soooo...I decided to make my own topic. For things I want to talk about that don't fit in other places on HD.

I am #2 in the top 20 posters today list. :)

Thsi is in the music section because...I like music. And this is where my siggy and EJ topics are.

So yeah. I will post more at other times...

~Liz

(And could you please pin this Horatio?)

Good to see I'm getting so many replies...xD

But anyway.... I got another John Lennon book from Barnes & Noble, it's pure awesome.

post-1940-1218465867_thumb.jpg

It's got pull-out reproductions of lyrics he wrote, things he drew, newspaper articles, ticket stubs, etc. Totally amazing. :D

~Liz

But anyway.... I got another John Lennon book from Barnes & Noble, it's pure awesome.

pureawesome.jpg

It's got pull-out reproductions of lyrics he wrote, things he drew, newspaper articles, ticket stubs, etc. Totally amazing. :D

~Liz

That is so cool! If you have a Borders in your town, you might look at signing up for their Borders buyer program. You give them your email address and you get an email with specials. There are lots of 40% off, 50% off and that can really save you money. In addition, if they don't have a book, they will special order it for you and it will come, untouched by human hands. So they high dollar coffee table book you are buying was not read by some person with greasy fingers, bending the pages.

~Liz

That is so cool! If you have a Borders in your town, you might look at signing up for their Borders buyer program. You give them your email address and you get an email with specials. There are lots of 40% off, 50% off and that can really save you money. In addition, if they don't have a book, they will special order it for you and it will come, untouched by human hands. So they high dollar coffee table book you are buying was not read by some person with greasy fingers, bending the pages.

:) Sounds cool, although I'm more of a Barnes and Noble girl.

Thanks for the info...

~Liz

pureawesome.jpg

~Liz

Thanks for the info...

~Liz

You could be a Barnes and Noble girl, but when it comes to spending your money... then you might consider being a "bookstore that saves you the most money" sort of girl. :lol:

~Liz

Thanks for the info...

~Liz

You could be a Barnes and Noble girl, but when it comes to spending your money... then you might consider being a "bookstore that saves you the most money" sort of girl. :lol:

LOL! But I didn't have to spend any money on the new John Lennon book because I had B&N gift cards. "Free" is a pretty good price. :P

~Liz

pureawesome.jpg

~Liz

Thanks for the info...

~Liz

LOL! But I didn't have to spend any money on the new John Lennon book because I had B&N gift cards. "Free" is a pretty good price. :P

~Liz

Free is a great price!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Back from Chicago...I need to finish reading Pride And Prejudice, then read The Plague Journal, and finish The Drunkard's Walk for ap stats and write 10 things I didn't know or never really thought about before from the book. And all before school starts on Monday!

Oh well. Guess I should get off here. :rolleyes:

~Liz

• 4 weeks later...
Right. I have a topic. I should post here more often. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Exactly! :lol:

Pictures of your concerts, for example. :D

Did I not post any in the Elton John topic? :unsure: I forget. Well anyway,

<<My shirt.

<<My shirt.

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<His autograph

<<His autograph

Can I try to attach a video? I will try... Oh, now I see: "Max. Single Upload size: 2MB." The videos are in the 20-40 range. Oh well!

Should I try emailing one or more to you, Horatio?

~Liz

~Liz

Can I try to attach a video? I will try... Oh, now I see: "Max. Single Upload size: 2MB." The videos are in the 20-40 range. Oh well!

~Liz

Absolutely! I'll be waiting!

~Liz

<<My shirt.

<<My shirt.

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<His autograph

<<His autograph

~Liz

Oh, OK. Guess I should try, then. LOL

It is being sent now...

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

It is being sent now...

~Liz

Heading to mail now.

~Liz

~Liz

It is being sent now...

~Liz

Heading to mail now.

Very coooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll!

Now answer me this... was that you I heard when he did that handstand on the piano??????? :lol:

~Liz

<<My shirt.

<<My shirt.

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<His autograph

<<His autograph

~Liz

It is being sent now...

~Liz

Heading to mail now.

Now answer me this... was that you I heard when he did that handstand on the piano??????? :lol:

It was probably my mom and I...mostly me, by the sounds of it. :rolleyes:

Oh I guess you meant have me try to put it up...? It won't work. :unsure:

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

It is being sent now...

~Liz

Heading to mail now.

~Liz

Let's hope HampsterKing can add it to your topic.

~Liz

<<My shirt.

<<My shirt.

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<Elton

<<His autograph

<<His autograph

~Liz

It is being sent now...

~Liz

Heading to mail now.

~Liz

Let's hope HampsterKing can add it to your topic.

Okey-dokey. ^_^

~Liz

• 4 weeks later...

Woohoo, I passed 4000 posts!

I'm only up to 2000 something on the EJ forum, but I've been here a lot longer. I've been there since August of last year, I think. And I've been here since....Aug 24 2002. :rolleyes: 6 years!

~Liz

I'm only up to 2000 something on the EJ forum, but I've been here a lot longer. I've been there since August of last year, I think. And I've been here since....Aug 24 2002. :rolleyes: 6 years!

~Liz

I'm nearly to 10,000. Woooo!

What was it called?

Royal Hampsterdancer?

~Liz

I'm nearly to 10,000. Woooo!

What was it called?

Royal Hampsterdancer?

I kind of like Mister HampsterDance Extraordinaire myself. :D

~Liz

Congratulations are in order!!! :D

~Liz

Congratulations are in order!!! :D

Totally. :rolleyes:

:D

~Liz

• 3 weeks later...

Random stuff....

post-1940-1227059614_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1227059625_thumb.jpg

^^^^^^^^

These were made before my first concert, the one in NH in March. All scanned from my school notebooks. Somehow I managed to keep my grades up... :P

^^^^^^^^

Something I did for fun... :rolleyes:

~Liz

Random stuff....

post-1940-1227059614_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1227059625_thumb.jpg

^^^^^^^^

These were made before my first concert, the one in NH in March. All scanned from my school notebooks. Somehow I managed to keep my grades up... :P

^^^^^^^^

Something I did for fun... :rolleyes:

~Liz

I like your doodles!

:D:D:D

Thanks! I put them up on the Elton John forum back when I had first drawn them, but I don't think I ever posted them here.

~Liz

• 1 month later...
I have a topic

that I never post in....

:wacko:

~Liz

You could. :blink:

I always forget about it!

RANDOMLY AWESOME:

The Beatles, “Rock Band” Makers To Release New Video Game in 2009

As predicted yesterday, MTV, Harmonix and the Beatles’ Apple Corps. LTD. announced today that they will partner to create a video game based on the music of the Beatles, slated for release before the end of 2009. Representatives from the three companies said that the game — which was conceived with input from Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison — will aim to feature the entire Beatles catalog and will offer an “experiential journey” off the band. This is the first time the Beatles music has been presented in an interactive, video game format. “This game will take you on a journey from the Beatles first album Please Please Me until the last album at Abbey Road,” said Apple Corps CEO Jeff Jones. “It will span samples of the whole catalogue all the way through.” The three companies would not clarify whether Beatles content would be available for Rock Band or whether the game would feature avatars of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. “The project is a fun idea which broadens the appeal of the Beatles and their music,” McCartney said in a statement. “I like people having the opportunity to get to know the music from the inside out.” The acquisition of the video game rights to the Beatles catalog is a major, scale-tipping coup for Harmonix and MTV Games as they fight for music video game dominance over the like-minded Guitar Hero.

Oh, and BTW...

I got a Wii for Christmas!! Totally unexpected (I hadn't even asked for it or anything!) :D

~Liz

• 1 month later...
Valentine's Day spoils:

John Lennon "Rock 'n' Roll" LP

Peace sign scarf

I am fulfilled. :D

~Liz

What great presents!!!! :D

I know! I'm wearing the scarf right now...

~Liz

:huh: WHAT??? No picture? :huh:

Sorry...don't have a piccy yet!

~Liz

• 1 month later...

I've been away far too long!!

Updates:

School has kept me really busy.

My school's production of Oklahoma was last weekend. I was in the pit orchestra, playing the harp part on keyboard.

I got into the summer program at MIT that I applied to.

I got my SAT scores: Math 740, Critical Reading 750, Writing 800, Total 2290.

I'm on Easter break.

I saw Hugh Grant from a bus in New York City last night. He was apparently filming for an upcoming movie called "Did you hear about the Morgans"

I have a Facebook.

Elton & Billy Joel are playing in Albany and I really want to go.

My prom is in less than a month. I have so far shopped once (yesterday) and tried on one dress. I didn't buy it. It was a little long.

That's all I can think of right now...

~Liz

Updates:

My school's production of Oklahoma was last weekend. I was in the pit orchestra, playing the harp part on keyboard.

I'm on Easter break.

I saw Hugh Grant from a bus in New York City last night. He was apparently filming for an upcoming movie called "Did you hear about the Morgans"

I have a Facebook.

My prom is in less than a month. I have so far shopped once (yesterday) and tried on one dress. I didn't buy it. It was a little long.

~Liz

Life sounds like it is going great for you!

First, your hair is a beautiful colour and that dress looks great!

Yes, you have been away for far too long, we have missed you.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the MIT summer program. I do believe you will have an awesome time!

Oklahoma... that had to be a great production and being in the orchestra, viewing what little you can (with your back to the play) is such fun.

Fantastic SAT scores!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

*hands Dog Lover a box of freshly baked cookiefins*

Elton and Billy Joel... I wish I could go too!

Facebook, enjoy it, but please don't forget us.

Updates:

I'm on Easter break.

I have a Facebook.

~Liz

Life sounds like it is going great for you!

First, your hair is a beautiful colour and that dress looks great!

Yes, you have been away for far too long, we have missed you.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the MIT summer program. I do believe you will have an awesome time!

Oklahoma... that had to be a great production and being in the orchestra, viewing what little you can (with your back to the play) is such fun.

Fantastic SAT scores!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

*hands Dog Lover a box of freshly baked cookiefins*

Elton and Billy Joel... I wish I could go too!

Facebook, enjoy it, but please don't forget us.

Thanks for the hair/dress compliments! ^_^

I know, I'm sorry I've been away so long.

Thanks about MIT! I know it's going to be really amazing.

Oklahoma was fun. We were on the side of the stage, so I could sometimes see what was happening on stage.

Thanks about the SAT scores! They are in MIT's range according to the Princeton Review book I have. ^_^

Elton&Billy - I need to see them!!

Don't worry - I won't forget HD!

~Liz

• 1 month later...
I've been away for too long...

~Liz

Yes you have!

Please don't stay away so long. We miss you when you do.

I know...it's just that school takes up way too much time.

~Liz

~Liz

Yes you have!

~Liz

You can always squeeze in a five minute post.

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeee?????

~Liz

Yes you have!

~Liz

You can always squeeze in a five minute post.

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeee?????

I'm here!

Let me post prom pics now.

~Liz

• 2 weeks later...
post-1940-1243378075_thumb.jpgpost-1940-1243378063_thumb.jpg

i'm on the left of both pics.

my hair: (cell phone pic. so bad quality but whatever)

post-1940-1243378255_thumb.jpg

~Liz

I guessed correctly!!!

Beautiful dress!!! I like the roses in your hair! :)

You must have looked fantastic!!!

You guessed what right?

Thank you! I liked the roses too.

~Liz

DSCN8098_edited.JPGDSCN8096_edited.JPG

i'm on the left of both pics.

my hair: (cell phone pic. so bad quality but whatever)

downsized_0501091623.jpg

~Liz

I guessed correctly!!!

Beautiful dress!!! I like the roses in your hair! :)

You must have looked fantastic!!!

You guessed what right?

Thank you! I liked the roses too.

~Liz

As soon as I looked at the first picture, I knew which one you were.

Glad to know I guessed correctly!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Leaving for MIT tomorrow!

Not sure how often I'll be able to come on here.

I'll be back home by early August.

~Liz

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

MIT has lots and lots of computers. :lol:

Have a most fabulous time. You will be missed.

• 1 month later...

I am back! MIT was AMAZING!! It was so cool to meet girls from all over the country who liked the same things I do...

A brief overview of the program:

For 3 weeks we had classes every weekday in Computer Science, Discrete Math, and Electrical Engineering. CS involved programming in Python language...we started out with easy stuff, then our final project was making a Tetris game! In math we had a new topic every day...these included cryptography, algorithms, game theory, proofs, and a bunch of other things. In EE we built a lot of circuits on lab kits that they gave us. But it wasn't all work - one day we soldered resistor jewelry and another we got to visit a clean room.

The last week was motor building. We had an all-day lecture on Monday, had to design our motor that night, and then built it within the next two days. We then tested them to see whose went fastest.

Anyway, that was the academic stuff. Now the fun parts!

We watched a bunch of movies in the penthouse of McCormick dorm...Ferris Beuler, 21 (how appropriate!), How to lose a guy in 10 days, V for vendetta (I didn't watch), Dark Knight (didn't watch), and Star Wars (the three original ones...I watched most of the first but fell asleep at the end! So I still have not seen a Star Wars movie in its entirety!)

We could also go into Boston whenever we had time to, as long as we were with at least one other girl from the program...so I went a few times to eat ice cream at JP Licks, see Up in 3d, wander around Boston Common and see the make way for ducklings sculpture, etc. There were also organized trips to the Museum of Science, the New England Aquarium, Revere Beach, and Harry Potter 6, all of which were VERY fun! Hanging around the dorm was fun too...there were usually several people in my room (a triple with an awesome view of the Charles and Boston) or in the kitchen or penthouse. We played games like "The Best Game Ever!" (sort of a mix between catchphrase and charades), Jungle speed, several puzzles (including very difficult Escher ones!) and Set (people were quite competitive at that!).

Sooo...I will put pictures in a new post.

~Liz

view from my room

post-1940-124995675066_thumb.jpg Boston

post-1940-124995676727_thumb.jpg Taking apart a computer in EE

post-1940-124995678384_thumb.jpg Playing with finger puppets in math class

post-1940-124995680443_thumb.jpg 4th of july fireworks

post-1940-124995682455_thumb.jpg Stata...most awesome building EVER! Our CS and Math classes were in here.

I have a lot more pics on FB...but a lot have people in them.

~Liz

I am back! MIT was AMAZING!! It was so cool to meet girls from all over the country who liked the same things I do...

For 3 weeks we had classes every weekday in Computer Science, Discrete Math, and Electrical Engineering. CS involved programming in Python language...we started out with easy stuff, then our final project was making a Tetris game! In math we had a new topic every day...these included cryptography, algorithms, game theory, proofs, and a bunch of other things. In EE we built a lot of circuits on lab kits that they gave us. But it wasn't all work - one day we soldered resistor jewelry and another we got to visit a clean room.

The last week was motor building. We had an all-day lecture on Monday, had to design our motor that night, and then built it within the next two days. We then tested them to see whose went fastest.

We watched a bunch of movies in the penthouse of McCormick dorm...Ferris Beuler, 21 (how appropriate!), How to lose a guy in 10 days, V for vendetta (I didn't watch), Dark Knight (didn't watch), and Star Wars (the three original ones...I watched most of the first but fell asleep at the end! So I still have not seen a Star Wars movie in its entirety!)

We could also go into Boston whenever we had time to, as long as we were with at least one other girl from the program...so I went a few times to eat ice cream at JP Licks, see Up in 3d, wander around Boston Common and see the make way for ducklings sculpture, etc. There were also organized trips to the Museum of Science, the New England Aquarium, Revere Beach, and Harry Potter 6, all of which were VERY fun! Hanging around the dorm was fun too...there were usually several people in my room (a triple with an awesome view of the Charles and Boston) or in the kitchen or penthouse. We played games like "The Best Game Ever!" (sort of a mix between catchphrase and charades), Jungle speed, several puzzles (including very difficult Escher ones!) and Set (people were quite competitive at that!).

~Liz

WOW!!! What an awesome three weeks!!! Your classes sound like they were extremely interesting and challenging. This must have been a totally phenomenal experience. Boston is an amazing city. You have so many universities in that area and there are a zillion really brilliant people walking around. How exciting that you were able to have three weeks to enjoy a new and mind expanding experience.

M. C. Escher... I love his artwork. He is a genius with perspectives.

Certainly you have made some new friends who you will see in the future.

view from my room

boston.jpg Boston

computer.jpg Taking apart a computer in EE

fingerpuppet.jpg Playing with finger puppets in math class

fireworks.jpg 4th of july fireworks

stata.jpg Stata...most awesome building EVER! Our CS and Math classes were in here.

I have a lot more pics on FB...but a lot have people in them.

~Liz

These pictures are superb! Thank you for posting them. I love the Stata building. Great architecture is a love of mine.

~Liz

WOW!!! What an awesome three weeks!!! Your classes sound like they were extremely interesting and challenging. This must have been a totally phenomenal experience. Boston is an amazing city. You have so many universities in that area and there are a zillion really brilliant people walking around. How exciting that you were able to have three weeks to enjoy a new and mind expanding experience.

4 weeks, actually. (3 weeks classes + 1 week motor building)

Yes, it was quite awesome!

And the Escher puzzles were fun but tricky because EVERYTHING was grey!!

We did this one:post-1940-125013229429_thumb.jpg

and this one: post-1940-125013230992_thumb.gif

but I mostly only worked on the first one.

Yes, I did make a lot of new friends!

~Liz

~Liz

4 weeks, actually. (3 weeks classes + 1 week motor building)

Yes, it was quite awesome!

And the Escher puzzles were fun but tricky because EVERYTHING was grey!!

We did this one:lizards.jpg

and this one: stairs.gif

but I mostly only worked on the first one.

Yes, I did make a lot of new friends!

~Liz

The second picture is one of my favorites!!!! It amazes me how all the

men are walking up and down no matter how want to view it.

• 1 month later...

Some woman came and talked to my religion class last year about adopting babies from the Ukraine...

Seriously...

She had two of them...

How wonderful to hear she had adopted two babies. What was happening in China was that women were having babies to satisfy the demand for Americans wanting to adopt. I am not so sure how I feel about this. We have lots of babies in the USA who need parents and a good home. As a matter of fact I have friends who adopted from the Ukraine... his name is Sasha and he is a terrific little boy.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're going to let him. -_-

~Liz

:(:(:(

When I found the Elton John album, I also found a two year old issue of People Magazine with a picture of Elton getting married.

Awesome!

~Liz

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they're going to let him. -_-

~Liz

:(:(:(

When I found the Elton John album, I also found a two year old issue of People Magazine with a picture of Elton getting married.

Awesome!

~Liz

If you would like it, your mother or father will have to email me: pmajr@mac.com. If they approve, I will sent it to them at let's say, your father or mother's work address. It is imperative that they know that I am in no way trying to contact you directly.