Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Riddles?

• 3 weeks later...

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.

Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island.

Explain how the tractor got there?

You are on an island in the middle of a lake. The lake is in a remote part of the country and there has never been a bridge connecting the island to the mainland.

Every day a tractor and wagon gives hay rides around the island. Puzzled as to how the tractor had gotten onto the island, you ask around and find out that the tractor was not transported to the island by boat or by air. Nor was it built on the island.

Did the water freeze at one point?

~Liz

A man lives on the 12th floor. He goes to work every day and takes the elevator down for it. When he comes back, he goes up to the 6th floor and takes the stairs to the 12th. But on rainy days he goes up with the elevator to the 12th. Why does the man do that?

I've heard this before, so I'll let other people try.

~Liz

A cop was walking past a restaurant when he heard someone scream - "No John, not the gun!" He ran inside and and saw a doctor, a lawyer, a milkman, and a dead body on the floor. He promptly walked over to the milkman and arrested him. He didn't witness the shooting and there was no apparent evidence to prove who shot the person and no one told him who the killer was. How did the policeman instantly know it was the milkman?

A man lives on the 12th floor. He goes to work every day and takes the elevator down for it. When he comes back, he goes up to the 6th floor and takes the stairs to the 12th. But on rainy days he goes up with the elevator to the 12th. Why does the man do that?

~Liz

The stairs are on the outside of the building? :blink:

~Liz

The stairs are on the outside of the building? :blink:

Nope.

Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

You have to subtract the $2 from the $27 making the total $25 which is the new total after the clerk realized he made a $5 dollar mistake.

Did the water freeze at one point?

~Liz

Or the tide went out and he drove it across on the lake bottom.

A cop was walking past a restaurant when he heard someone scream - "No John, not the gun!" He ran inside and and saw a doctor, a lawyer, a milkman, and a dead body on the floor. He promptly walked over to the milkman and arrested him. He didn't witness the shooting and there was no apparent evidence to prove who shot the person and no one told him who the killer was. How did the policeman instantly know it was the milkman?

the Doctor and lawyer are women.

the Doctor and lawyer are women.

Clever. =O

And, um, the island was just a hill that got seperated by flooding.

Or magic. >.>;

I know the one about the elevator and stairs though...

^^^

Win

Anywho, Its a plane cabin. They were either A assasinated in a hostile takeover or B they crashed the plane.

I turn polar bears white

and I will make you cry.

I make guys have to pee

and girls comb their hair.

I make celebrities look stupid

and normal people look like celebrities.

I turn pancakes brown

and make your champagne bubble.

If you squeeze me, I'll pop.

If you look at me, you'll pop.

can you figure out teh riddle?

Hmmm...Germany and America had a car race to settle their differences. America had won and Germany was celebrating because of the news paper. "Germany, Wins race!", even though America had won. What was in the article that made it look as if Germany really HAD beaten America.

Thats not the actual riddle and close enough to it, if you guys give upjust let me know so I cant post the answer.

Hmmm...Germany and America had a car race to settle their differences. America had won and Germany was celebrating because of the news paper. "Germany, Wins race!", even though America had won. What was in the article that made it look as if Germany really HAD beaten America.

Thats not the actual riddle and close enough to it, if you guys give upjust let me know so I cant post the answer.

A photoshopped picture.

We don't give up yet.

The angle they took the picture made Germany look like the winner?

We don't give up yet.

Germany wins close second while America finishes next to last. :P

~Liz

We don't give up yet.

~Liz

:lol: Great reply!!!!! :lol:

*hands Dog Lover The Gold Star Award*

We don't give up yet.

~Liz

:lol: Great reply!!!!! :lol:

*hands Dog Lover The Gold Star Award*

Aww, thanks, although I did hear that somewhere else, so don't think it's my ingenuity. :rolleyes:

~Liz

Yup! Liz got it.

Thank you! Do I get cookies now? :P

~Liz

Sure. What kind of cookies can I bake for you? :D

Chocolate Chip, most definitely! :D

Of course, you don't have to bake them. I could just eat the dough. :P

~Liz

Yup! Liz got it.

~Liz

~Liz

I will make double. The first batch you get to eat the dough, as long as I can have some. :lol:

The second batch are my Horatio Special Chocolate Chip Cookies.

The most awesome, delicious chocolate chip cookies ever made.

Yup! Liz got it.

~Liz

~Liz

I will make double. The first batch you get to eat the dough, as long as I can have some. :lol:

I am drooling now! LOL :P

(Just realized I used the tongue-stuck-out smiley in my last 3 posts...)

~Liz

Yup! Liz got it.

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

I saw the tongue-stuck-out smiley and thought you used it on purpose. My thoughts were that you were drooling at the thought of the dough and cookies. :D

Yup! Liz got it.

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

I saw the tongue-stuck-out smiley and thought you used it on purpose. My thoughts were that you were drooling at the thought of the dough and cookies. :D

Yes, it was. :P:P:P LOL

~Liz

• 2 weeks later...

the stairs are the fire escape?

The driver's Name was Germany.

the stairs are the fire escape?

Nope.