Hampsterdance Discussion Board

I need to vent...

Mushroom_king

Alright, people. I NEED to vent right now.

I've never really been a part of any fanbase. I was never a part of the Pink Floyd or Kirby fanbases, but upon discovering EarthBound I joined the fanbase. It's a good community, but I've recently been thinking of leaving the fanbase. Why?

Because of how they have NO optimism, they get angry over STUPID, TRIVIAL things, and give up hope TOO EASILY.

For example: This.

post-6896-1214921408_thumb.jpg

as you can see by reading it, Nintendo Power made a reference to Mother 3. But it's not the joke-I thought it was funny, and kind of cool, which you'll find out why later. No. It is the fan's reaction that's got me riled up.

"OMG!! NINTENDO HATES US!!! FIRST THEY REMOVED EB STUFF FROM BRAWL THEN THE RATING ETC ETC ETC KFJOSJGAOUIGLERUIO STUFF"

PEOPLE.

Nintendo DOES NOT make Nintendo Power. Nintendo makes games. NP makes a magazine. They're SEPARATE COMPANIES!

I, too, was angry about the removal of EarthBound stuff in Brawl, but it's not like it's the only stuff that got removed. Look at Fire Emblem-they got music AND a Masterpiece demo removed.

Second, WHY DO THE FANS KEEP SAYING THAT THIS JOKE MEANS THEY HATE US? NP made the joke because they KNOW that the fanbase gets irked easily. Plus, who's to say that mentioning Mother 3 was a bad thing? I think it was a good thing. It shows they realize the demand and perhaps people who don't know what it is will look it up. I think it was cool.

And about the fanbase giving up hope too easily. A few months ago, EB was re-rated for the Wii, confirming a possible VC release. You'd think they'd get their hopes up, right? ...RIIIIGHT? WRONG! They already think it's never coming for the VC. I can't believe this. I feel like the ONLY member of the fanbase who feels optimistic about EB and Mother getting on the VC and M3 getting translated.

That ends my rant for today. I'm going to give myself time to think about this.

I've never really been a part of any fanbase. I was never a part of the Pink Floyd or Kirby fanbases, but upon discovering EarthBound I joined the fanbase. It's a good community, but I've recently been thinking of leaving the fanbase. Why?

Because of how they have NO optimism, they get angry over STUPID, TRIVIAL things, and give up hope TOO EASILY.

as you can see by reading it, Nintendo Power made a reference to Mother 3. But it's not the joke-I thought it was funny, and kind of cool, which you'll find out why later. No. It is the fan's reaction that's got me riled up.

"OMG!! NINTENDO HATES US!!! FIRST THEY REMOVED EB STUFF FROM BRAWL THEN THE RATING ETC ETC ETC KFJOSJGAOUIGLERUIO STUFF"

PEOPLE.

Nintendo DOES NOT make Nintendo Power. Nintendo makes games. NP makes a magazine. They're SEPARATE COMPANIES!

I, too, was angry about the removal of EarthBound stuff in Brawl, but it's not like it's the only stuff that got removed. Look at Fire Emblem-they got music AND a Masterpiece demo removed.

Second, WHY DO THE FANS KEEP SAYING THAT THIS JOKE MEANS THEY HATE US? NP made the joke because they KNOW that the fanbase gets irked easily. Plus, who's to say that mentioning Mother 3 was a bad thing? I think it was a good thing. It shows they realize the demand and perhaps people who don't know what it is will look it up. I think it was cool.

And about the fanbase giving up hope too easily. A few months ago, EB was re-rated for the Wii, confirming a possible VC release. You'd think they'd get their hopes up, right? ...RIIIIGHT? WRONG! They already think it's never coming for the VC. I can't believe this. I feel like the ONLY member of the fanbase who feels optimistic about EB and Mother getting on the VC and M3 getting translated.

I don't mean to be mean or anything, but does your entire life revolve around Nintendo?

PEOPLE.

I don't mean to be mean or anything, but does your entire life revolve around Nintendo?

stop talking to me if you have nothing nice to say

and just so you know I haven't played any video games at all this week

I'm sick and tired of your comments so leave me alone.

PEOPLE.

Alrighty then.

It was a serious question, because that is the majority of what you talk about, and you get very upset over Ninetendo-y things.

It wasn't meant to be mean, but if you wish to take it that way, that is fine with me.

This may be just my opinion, TBFOF, but that's really the kind of comment that should be kept to yourself, even if it is a "serious question." And saying "I don't mean to be mean" doesn't excuse being rude.

If this really was just a simple miscommunication, I'd politely recommend that in the future, you more carefully consider how your comments could be interpreted.

Also, try not to sound hostile while you're being defensive.

PEOPLE.

Alrighty then.

It was a serious question, because that is the majority of what you talk about, and you get very upset over Ninetendo-y things.

It wasn't meant to be mean, but if you wish to take it that way, that is fine with me.

It's the same as I was when I was obsessed with Bands and stuff. Just with video games right now.

This may be just my opinion, TBFOF, but that's really the kind of comment that should be kept to yourself, even if it is a "serious question." And saying "I don't mean to be mean" doesn't excuse being rude.

If this really was just a simple miscommunication, I'd politely recommend that in the future, you more carefully consider how your comments could be interpreted.

Pahaha!

Yes, this shows me that you -definitely- suit the face you chose. C:

Well done, Kat. I applaud your taste. x3

...Um. As you were, thread.

- Glowurm

Pahaha!

Yes, this shows me that you -definitely- suit the face you chose. C:

Well done, Kat. I applaud your taste. x3

...Um. As you were, thread.

- Glowurm

Yay? XD

PEOPLE.

Alrighty then.

It's the same as I was when I was obsessed with Bands and stuff. Just with video games right now.

That's all you had to say.

Hostile?

How does that sound hostile what so ever.

Hostile?

How does that sound hostile what so ever.

It just kind of struck me as, "If you think I'm mean, whatever."