Hampsterdance Discussion Board

IMPORTANT TOPIC, EVERYONE PLEASE READ!!!!!

Horatio

But who ARE they, exactly? Aliens who brought the Hampsters to us?

No, it was Deidre LaCarte who invented them. I still can remember the original site. I also know the year when I've first seen it: 2000. At the Expo in Hannover, where a friend showed it to me while we were trying the new high-speed DSL. 768 k compared to 56 k which was usual at this time. :blink:

I can recommend the wikipedia article for background information about hampsterdance.

Yes, I know all that, but SOMEBODY put HW and HW in charge.

There's Two of Hamsterweb?! What happened to Hamsterking?! YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU?? WHY YOU NO-GOOD...NO, YOU GO AWAY, GUY IN WHITE COAT!!!

There's Two of Hamsterweb?! What happened to Hamsterking?! YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU?? WHY YOU NO-GOOD...NO, YOU GO AWAY, GUY IN WHITE COAT!!!

I actually HAVE a white coat... so I guess I'm responsible! :lol:

post-1559-1227025910_thumb.jpg

Oh no!

Not THE white coat! :blink:

*faints*

Oh, well excuuuuuuse me.

GO AWAY, LADY IN WHITE COAT!!!

I also have one, but I don't wear it. Like nearly all other molecular biologists over here.

The last time I was wearing it was last year at Halloween. :lol:

What do you wear? :blink:

Normal clothes. It's illegal, but nobody cares since most stuff is not soo dangerous. And if there is something dangerous, the amount is usually low.

Ok, when I worked with radioactive stuff during my bachlor thesis, I was wearing a lab coat. A green one. :D

Burp.

:o Have you been eating some of my relatives again????? :o

No, just a heckuva lot of coke. :lol: I'm far too hyper for 2am.

Burp.

Well, in 30 minutes when I have to go to work I will be thinking of you wired on caffeine and unable to sleep.

Tonight I have to fly from Atlanta to Memphis. Then I have Turkey Day off and fly from Memphis to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Friday morning.

Burp.

Well, in 30 minutes when I have to go to work I will be thinking of you wired on caffeine and unable to sleep.

Tonight I have to fly from Atlanta to Memphis. Then I have Turkey Day off and fly from Memphis to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Friday morning.

Atlanta sounds about right for me right now, what with me being on a coke high! I wish I could come to Memphis with you. You ARE all over the place, aren't you?

Burp.

Atlanta sounds about right for me right now, what with me being on a coke high! I wish I could come to Memphis with you. You ARE all over the place, aren't you?

It is much better when I am in Europe running all over the place. :lol:

Burp.

Why? Too many languages to keep track of. Just come to England and chill with me in my eyrie. It's the place to be right now.

Burp.

Why? Too many languages to keep track of. Just come to England and chill with me in my eyrie. It's the place to be right now.

Wouldn't I love that!!!!!

Only problem is that I have to work. And when I am in Europe, I am usually at work.

Burp.

Only problem is that I have to work. And when I am in Europe, I am usually at work.

DOn't you ever visit Europe to relax and have fun? You really should, otherwise Europe will always be a big office to you.

Burp.

DOn't you ever visit Europe to relax and have fun? You really should, otherwise Europe will always be a big office to you.

Actually I have made many friends in Europe. Working there is really not like being in an office as you are always flying from place to place and the company puts you up in rather nice hotels. I have probably been to the Louvre over 200 times, the D'Orsay 150 and then almost every other museum in Paris and the surrounding areas. Then there is Germany and Italy where I have toured around. Most often I go over early or stay between trips and then have some fun.

Burp.

Actually I have made many friends in Europe. Working there is really not like being in an office as you are always flying from place to place and the company puts you up in rather nice hotels. I have probably been to the Louvre over 200 times, the D'Orsay 150 and then almost every other museum in Paris and the surrounding areas. Then there is Germany and Italy where I have toured around. Most often I go over early or stay between trips and then have some fun.

200 times to the Louvre?! :blink: I'd LOVE that, it took me forever to find ONE painting (a Johannes Vermeer) in there, even though I had a map. Two of my favourite paintings ever are in the D'Orsay and I have copies of them on my wall at home, they're just so beautiful and calming. Ahh, Germany, meine Leiblingsland...

Burp.

200 times to the Louvre?! :blink: I'd LOVE that, it took me forever to find ONE painting (a Johannes Vermeer) in there, even though I had a map. Two of my favourite paintings ever are in the D'Orsay and I have copies of them on my wall at home, they're just so beautiful and calming. Ahh, Germany, meine Leiblingsland...

Germany, Berlin, Frankfurt and various other cities have wonderful museums. I spend lots of my time in museums. At several of the museums, I got to know the personnel and they were very kind. It made the experiences very enjoyable.

And you have to go to the Louvre and D'Orsay about 200 hundred times just to be able to see everything. LOL

Burp.

Germany, Berlin, Frankfurt and various other cities have wonderful museums. I spend lots of my time in museums. At several of the museums, I got to know the personnel and they were very kind. It made the experiences very enjoyable.

And you have to go to the Louvre and D'Orsay about 200 hundred times just to be able to see everything. LOL

Germany isn't a city. :P:lol: I love museums, too: my favourite is The Natural History Museum in London that I go to at least 15 times a year (not kidding). Earlier this year I went into London to get my Chinese visa and I had several hours to kill while they processed my documents so I went there and actually had time to LOOK at the exhibits (I was on my own). Usually I can't read the information because I'm with people who get bored easily so that time I actually learnt a lot just from taking my time. I also got to spend lots of time with my favourite exhibit, a triceratops skeleton who I named Bobby when I was about 7. ^_^

Burp.

Germany isn't a city. :P LOL I love museums, too: my favourite is The Natural History Museum in London that I go to at least 15 times a year (not kidding). Earlier this year I went into London to get my Chinese visa and I had several hours to kill while they processed my documents so I went there and actually had time to LOOK at the exhibits (I was on my own). Usually I can't read the information because I'm with people who get bored easily so that time I actually learnt a lot just from taking my time. I also got to spend lots of time with my favourite exhibit, a triceratops skeleton who I named Bobby when I was about 7. ^_^

Picky, picky, picky.

:lol::lol::lol:

We have some really cool museums such as The Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC, The American Museum of Natural History in New York, San Francisco has a museum called the Exploratorium, the Art Institute in Chicago, and a really fun place called the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Another museum that I think you would enjoy would be the Franklin Institute Science Museum in Philadelphia. The University of Pittsburgh has a wonderful collection of museums one being the Cathedral of Knowledge where they show classrooms from around the world, a few more museums within walking distance of each other. In Atlanta I didn't have time, but there was a brand new aquarium that I would have loved to have visited. As for art museums, we have a number of wonderful museums in many cities.

Burp.

No, just a heckuva lot of coke. I'm far too hyper for 2am.

Germany isn't a city. :P LOL I love museums, too: my favourite is The Natural History Museum in London that I go to at least 15 times a year (not kidding). Earlier this year I went into London to get my Chinese visa and I had several hours to kill while they processed my documents so I went there and actually had time to LOOK at the exhibits (I was on my own). Usually I can't read the information because I'm with people who get bored easily so that time I actually learnt a lot just from taking my time. I also got to spend lots of time with my favourite exhibit, a triceratops skeleton who I named Bobby when I was about 7. ^_^

Picky, picky, picky.

:lol::lol:

We have some really cool museums such as The Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC, The American Museum of Natural History in New York, San Francisco has a museum called the Exploratorium, the Art Institute in Chicago, and a really fun place called the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Another museum that I think you would enjoy would be the Franklin Institute Science Museum in Philadelphia. The University of Pittsburgh has a wonderful collection of museums one being the Cathedral of Knowledge where they show classrooms from around the world, a few more museums within walking distance of each other. In Atlanta I didn't have time, but there was a brand new aquarium that I would have loved to have visited. As for art museums, we have a number of wonderful museums in many cities.

I've been to the Air and Space Museum if that's the one with the Concorde and space shuttle in a huge hangar. I remember that one well because it was the last thing we visited before going to Dulles for our flight home. I was wearing my republican badge and the security guard asked what I was wearing so I showed him. He grinned and said "That's what you should be wearing in this state!" And yes, I was the only person with a republican badge in my whole school group. :rolleyes: I went to a lot of the Smithsonian museums in Washington besides that one, including a natural history one where a couple of friends and I sat on a bench and just people watched for about an hour. In NY we got lost in the MET as we had something like 3 hours to kill. Summer of 2007 I had half an hour in the art museum to find American Gothic and walked for ages across the museum just to see it. Shame I don't have many photos from that trip on this computer.

I include a photo of me in the natural history museum in DC. ^_^

post-1559-1227996228_thumb.jpg

Burp.

It is much better when I am in Europe running all over the place. LOL

Germany isn't a city. LOL I love museums, too: my favourite is The Natural History Museum in London that I go to at least 15 times a year (not kidding). Earlier this year I went into London to get my Chinese visa and I had several hours to kill while they processed my documents so I went there and actually had time to LOOK at the exhibits (I was on my own). Usually I can't read the information because I'm with people who get bored easily so that time I actually learnt a lot just from taking my time. I also got to spend lots of time with my favourite exhibit, a triceratops skeleton who I named Bobby when I was about 7. ^_^

Picky, picky, picky.

LOL LOL LOL

I've been to the Air and Space Museum if that's the one with the Concorde and space shuttle in a huge hangar. I remember that one well because it was the last thing we visited before going to Dulles for our flight home. I was wearing my republican badge and the security guard asked what I was wearing so I showed him. He grinned and said "That's what you should be wearing in this state!" And yes, I was the only person with a republican badge in my whole school group. :rolleyes: I went to a lot of the Smithsonian museums in Washington besides that one, including a natural history one where a couple of friends and I sat on a bench and just people watched for about an hour. In NY we got lost in the MET as we had something like 3 hours to kill. Summer of 2007 I had half an hour in the art museum to find American Gothic and walked for ages across the museum just to see it. Shame I don't have many photos from that trip on this computer.

LOL :lol: LOL

That's a great photo!!!!!!!!

You really made me laugh when I saw it.

Your sense of humour is showing!!!

A little bit late to the party, I am.

But I have a leather coat which I love very very much.

I'm looking for a good leather driving cap and gloves to go with it, cause that'd be awesome. Or a fedora, can't pick.

A little bit late to the party, I am.

But I have a leather coat which I love very very much.

I'm looking for a good leather driving cap and gloves to go with it, cause that'd be awesome. Or a fedora, can't pick.

Good time to add these to your Christmas List for Santa. :lol:

Also, it is a really good idea to show pictures of exactly what you want and the store that you saw it in.

Sometimes Santa needs a little more guidance. :D

Then get dressed and show us a picture!!!

Burp.

Germany isn't a city. LOL I love museums, too: my favourite is The Natural History Museum in London that I go to at least 15 times a year (not kidding). Earlier this year I went into London to get my Chinese visa and I had several hours to kill while they processed my documents so I went there and actually had time to LOOK at the exhibits (I was on my own). Usually I can't read the information because I'm with people who get bored easily so that time I actually learnt a lot just from taking my time. I also got to spend lots of time with my favourite exhibit, a triceratops skeleton who I named Bobby when I was about 7. ^_^

Picky, picky, picky.

LOL LOL LOL

I'd better cover it up, then. :P

There's another photo of me with a triceratops skull and one of my friends commented on FB and said: "I can see the resemblance". :rolleyes:

Burp.

Picky, picky, picky.

LOL LOL LOL

I'd better cover it up, then. :P

There's another photo of me with a triceratops skull and one of my friends commented on FB and said: "I can see the resemblance". :rolleyes:

And you're depriving us of the opportunity? :o

I only didn't post it because I couldn't be bothered to find it! But, if you insist...

post-1559-1228058711_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I said it once... I say it again...(under this new name)

I, firstborn of the Oak, prince of the King of Kings, wise man and spiritualist, and above all... A guy who's thumb is in incredible pain...

Swear, upon my family's Coat, my royal heritage as prince, my life...

~That I shall accept all terms and conditions with obedience and loyalty

~~In keeping the safety and sanctity of these forums

~~~And promise to uphold the morals

~~~~Henceforth, in obtaining the ability to instantly create, post, and reply

~~~~~To avoid the waits of a moderator approving my pending messages.