Hampsterdance Discussion Board

wont be seeing me for a while

hey people

dont expect me back for a while as i need to get my priorities in order. i need to get in honors english, geometry, and spanish 2 for my freshman year so i've decided to start focusing on my school work. I want to do well now so when I'm in highschool I will have free periods that I can use for extracurricular activities, or free periods to do work in

soooo, yeah i might pop in every now and then but yeah, i wont be here much as its now pretty low on the priority list... i have lots of homework and after i finish it all i dont really feel like being social, i feel like sleeping. its not you, its me! haha

but yeah, ill see you guys around i guess

hey people

dont expect me back for a while as i need to get my priorities in order. i need to get in honors english, geometry, and spanish 2 for my freshman year so i've decided to start focusing on my school work. I want to do well now so when I'm in highschool I will have free periods that I can use for extracurricular activities, or free periods to do work in

soooo, yeah i might pop in every now and then but yeah, i wont be here much as its now pretty low on the priority list... i have lots of homework and after i finish it all i dont really feel like being social, i feel like sleeping. its not you, its me! haha

We will miss you, but we do understand and applaud you for taking your school work seriously. Hopefully you will pop in and say hello, just make a short post in your topic updating us on your life. Life does have to have a couple of minutes to unwind and perhaps we will see you just for a minute or two every now and then.

Good luck on your studies. We will hope to see you back soon.

hey people

Life happens. Good luck with your studies! :)

Course selection is coming up for junior year....this is what I have in mind:

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Senior year: (I don't have to commit to this yet)

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

Honors Econcomics/Honors Participation in Government (Each one semester)

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

My mom was lecturing talking to me today about course selection/etc and she thinks I'm not doing enough. For college. As in, I should take Ap US History next year, not theater, move health to senior year and take spanish or some other academic course, etc. I feel I have enough on my plate!!!

Anyone have opinions?

Note: None of this is in any way meant to be bragging because I happen to take honors classes. I'm just looking for advice, esp. from people who are in college or at least closer to it than me.

~Liz

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

My mom was lecturing talking to me today about course selection/etc and she thinks I'm not doing enough. For college. As in, I should take Ap US History next year, not theater, move health to senior year and take spanish or some other academic course, etc. I feel I have enough on my plate!!!

Anyone have opinions?

Note: None of this is in any way meant to be bragging because I happen to take honors classes. I'm just looking for advice, esp. from people who are in college or at least closer to it than me.

~Liz

It looks to me like you have four subjects that are not easy. Physics, Pre-Calc, US History and English, are not subjects where you have no homework. Jesse and Jesusfreak would be in a much better position to answer, but I do feel that you are not a slacker and have a very good idea of what you can handle and where to draw the line. Personally, I think your choices are good ones and I think theater will be a good course for you to enjoy. Theater also takes a lot of work, but sometimes this type work is fun. My vote is to keep your schedule the way it is. If you overload yourself and your grades suffer, what good is it to take the extra course?

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

It looks to me like you have four subjects that are not easy. Physics, Pre-Calc, US History and English, are not subjects where you have no homework. Jesse and Jesusfreak would be in a much better position to answer, but I do feel that you are not a slacker and have a very good idea of what you can handle and where to draw the line. Personally, I think your choices are good ones and I think theater will be a good course for you to enjoy. Theater also takes a lot of work, but sometimes this type work is fun. My vote is to keep your schedule the way it is. If you overload yourself and your grades suffer, what good is it to take the extra course?

I have no desire to do good in school anymore.

Every since my grandpa passed, I'm just so.. blah.

I think I'm going to take regular English, regular US History and regular Pre-Calc next year, instead of honors.

Well, the is not Us History Honors, the only choices are AP and regular, and I despise History, so I don't want to take AP.

Pre-Calc is still advanced for my grade, so, I guess it's aiiiiight.

I'm skipping Physics and taking AP Bio.

And French 4H, Spanish 2, Independant Studies for Ceramics, and Gym &stuff.

Today I decided that I pretty much hate all the Spanish teachers in my school, especially the one I have now, so I might not take Spanish next year.

I don't knowwwwww. I'm so confused. We were supposed to hand iin our course selection sheet already, but I didn't. :rolleyes:

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

AP classes aren't easy, but they're worth it. The nice thing about AP is that not only does it look awesome on your transcript, it gets you out of classes in college, which is awesome. Being ahead in your credits is nice because you might be able to graduate early, or course select sooner than normal. Plus the classes, because they're more difficult, prepare you more for the course load in college. I suggest taking as many as possible without losing your sanity.

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

I think I'm going to take regular English, regular US History and regular Pre-Calc next year, instead of honors.

Well, the is not Us History Honors, the only choices are AP and regular, and I despise History, so I don't want to take AP.

Today I decided that I pretty much hate all the Spanish teachers in my school, especially the one I have now, so I might not take Spanish next year.

I don't knowwwwww. I'm so confused. We were supposed to hand iin our course selection sheet already, but I didn't. :rolleyes:

Your grandfather would want you to do well in school. Just because he is not on the earth in a physical form, he is with you in spirit.

Please try and take all the courses you should and perhaps the teacher for AP History is better and more interesting than the regular History course.

A good teacher can make all the difference.

You already have French, so if you don't want to take Spanish, I don't see why you should. Does your school offer German?

I still suggest taking higher level courses. They're worth it. In my experience, they were also a lot more fun because the students were more intelligent, and the teachers seem to enjoy teaching AP classes more, which does make a difference. (And like I said, if you do well on the AP test, you don't have to take it in college. So you should take AP classes in subjects you don't like so you don't have to do it in college.)

I still suggest taking higher level courses. They're worth it. In my experience, they were also a lot more fun because the students were more intelligent, and the teachers seem to enjoy teaching AP classes more, which does make a difference. (And like I said, if you do well on the AP test, you don't have to take it in college. So you should take AP classes in subjects you don't like so you don't have to do it in college.)

Great advice!!!

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

Your grandfather would want you to do well in school. Just because he is not on the earth in a physical form, he is with you in spirit.

Please try and take all the courses you should and perhaps the teacher for AP History is better and more interesting than the regular History course.

You already have French, so if you don't want to take Spanish, I don't see why you should. Does your school offer German?

Well, it's the same teacher that I have now, and I like him, but I just really really despise history. American History is the worst, we've done it like, 4 times. 3rd Grade, 5th Grade, 7+8 Grade. Why do I need to take it again.

I'm smart, if I try. It's just that I'm a major procrastinator and my working habits could use improvement.

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

Well, it's the same teacher that I have now, and I like him, but I just really really despise history. American History is the worst, we've done it like, 4 times. 3rd Grade, 5th Grade, 7+8 Grade. Why do I need to take it again.

I'm smart, if I try. It's just that I'm a major procrastinator and my working habits could use improvement.

Take this advice from the world's greatest procrastinator... get your work and study habits up to speed now. If you do that, then college will be a whole lot easier.

As Jesusfreak mentioned, if you take the AP History course now, you will not have to take it in college. That's actually a great idea.

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

Take this advice from the world's greatest procrastinator... get your work and study habits up to speed now. If you do that, then college will be a whole lot easier.

As Jesusfreak mentioned, if you take the AP History course now, you will not have to take it in college. That's actually a great idea.

But if I don't do well on the test, then I will have to take it again..

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

My thinking on this is to ask a teacher you respect and like to help you with study habits. Perhaps the History teacher. Most teachers will guide you into good study habits. Once you learn these, you will pass the tests. Of course there are some bozo teachers who don't know how to create good tests, and those almost no one can pass, but the AP History, I do believe if you ask the AP History teacher to help you create good study habits, you will ace the test!

And I tell you what, you tell me the areas of history you are studying, and I will try and fly to that city and see if I can take pictures for you. How does that sound?

Religion

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calc

Honors US History

Honors English

Health

Band

Gym

Religion

AP Physics

AP Calculus

AP English

Band

Gym

Theater

Anyone have opinions?

~Liz

In most cases, if you do well in the class, you'll do well on the test. If you want, you can go out and buy the study books for the AP classes you take (they make them for the SAT's as well). Those are good if you only care about passing the test. If you still don't do well on the test, then at least when you take the class over again, it'll be easier (that's what saved me when I tool calculus. My AP teacher didn't teach to the test, so we all got 1s, and I had to take calc in college. But my college calc professor was horrible! Remembering stuff from my AP calc class helped me pass calc in college.)

My parents & I had another talk today, and I think this is how it's going to be:

Junior year:

Religion

English Honors

US History Honors

PreCalc Honors

Physics Honors

Gym

Band

Ap Chemistry (or possibly Ap Statistics)

Senior year:

Religion

AP English

Economics/Participation in Government

AP Calculus

AP Physics

Gym

Band

Health

.5 space open for an elective or study period.

My chem teacher said i could take Ap Chem next year if I wanted to, as long as I was taking physics. I moved Health to senior year to open up the space for chem, and got rid of the theatre class because my mom says I can take something outside of school if I want to. And this gets an Ap class in junior year without it being history which i despise!

So this seems to be a pretty good compromise, thank goodness!

~Liz

My parents & I had another talk today, and I think this is how it's going to be:

Junior year:

Religion

English Honors

US History Honors

PreCalc Honors

Physics Honors

Gym

Band

Senior year:

Religion

AP English

AP Calculus

AP Physics

Gym

Band

Health

My chem teacher said i could take Ap Chem next year if I wanted to, as long as I was taking physics. I moved Health to senior year to open up the space for chem, and got rid of the theatre class because my mom says I can take something outside of school if I want to. And this gets an Ap class in junior year without it being history which i despise!

~Liz

Looks like you are pleased with your compromise and class selection. I'm sorry that you will not get to take theater, but hopefully there will be a theater class for you when you attend university.

Junior year:

Religion

English Honors

US History Honors

PreCalc Honors

Physics Honors

Gym

Band

Senior year:

Religion

AP English

AP Calculus

AP Physics

Gym

Band

Health

~Liz

Looks like you are pleased with your compromise and class selection. I'm sorry that you will not get to take theater, but hopefully there will be a theater class for you when you attend university.

Yeah, and there's local theatre stuff too. And my mom figured out it would probably be cheaper to do it that way, based on how much tuition is!!

~Liz