Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Paris Hilton considers herself a "Role Model"

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

What a brat!

Paris Hilton, the celebrity and hotel heiress who spent a stint in jail last year, said on Thursday she sees herself as a role model for young women as she prepared to judge a contest to crown Miss Turkey.

Hilton, who will sit on a jury to select Miss Turkey 2008, said she valued not only beauty but also "good heart" when looking at the contestants' attributes.

"This is my first time judging anything like this," she told Reuters. "I'm going to look at how the girls carry themselves, what they look like, the way they dress and what they say."

It might seem ironic that Hilton, 27, sees herself as a role model and is judging what other women will say about their lives and futures. She starred in U.S. reality TV show "The Simple Life" portraying herself as a rich girl overcome by the boring routine of daily, middle-class life.

Hilton earned a lot of unwanted publicity in 2003 after an amateur sex video of her hit the Internet, and spent three weeks in a Los Angeles last year in a drunken driving case.

But her name is used to sell a host of products around the world and she is followed by paparazzi.

Hilton said 90 percent of stories about her in the media are "complete lies," and she blamed the numerous bloggers on the Internet for spreading misinformation.

"I don't pay attention to lies because I am a good person, I work very hard and I've built this empire on my own. I think this is an inspiration for a lot of girls out there."

Asked if she was happy to be seen as a role model by girls, Hilton said: "Yes."

Hilton, whose grandfather Barron Hilton decided to donate 97 percent of his $2.3 billion wealth to charity, said she did not have any hard feelings about his decision, which many presumed would drastically reduce her future inheritance.

"It won't affect me anyway," she said. "My grandfather is an incredible man. He is very generous. And what he is doing is amazing."

Hilton's latest project is a show on MTV in which people will compete to be her friend. "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" (best friend forever) is set to air on the U.S. cable network later this year.

"I obviously have a lot of friends already, but I just thought it would make great TV show," she said. "You know, most of my friends are from Hollywood. They are kind a jaded a little bit. We are going to be meeting people from all around the world."

First off: NO ONE WANTS TO BE YOUR FRIEND, HILTON!

Now that I've said that, is this really all we can offer to kids for role models?

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

the squirrels living in the woods behind my house would probably be a better role model that paris hilton.. actually, I did have a dream like that: Through some bizzare series of events, one of the Spears babies ends up getting raised by squirrels.. well, actually squirrel-fixated furries, but they still end up a far better human being than brit or jamie-lynn.

97% of 2.3 billion to charity... how wonderful. Of course, Paris probably has a trust fund set up, and so she only inherits sixty-nine million... gee that will be hard for her to live on. :lol:

Yes... raised by squirrels. At least the kids would be much more social.

the squirrels living in the woods behind my house would probably be a better role model that paris hilton.. actually, I did have a dream like that: Through some bizzare series of events, one of the Spears babies ends up getting raised by squirrels.. well, actually squirrel-fixated furries, but they still end up a far better human being than brit or jamie-lynn.

Or Paris Hilton, on that note.

I don't really have any "role models" per se.

I just have morals. xD

Perhaps your parents, who taught you your morals, are your role models.

Nah.

I've never really grown up thinking "I want to be like this guy!"

I mean, there are people who I respect. My cousin, who got into an Ivy league college and is good at whatever he does; my brother, who is really really smart and is a good brother; my parents for being smart and honest. But I've never wanted to be just like my cousin, my parents, or my brother.

I just have morals. xD

Nah.

I mean, there are people who I respect. My cousin, who got into an Ivy league college and is good at whatever he does; my brother, who is really really smart and is a good brother; my parents for being smart and honest. But I've never wanted to be just like my cousin, my parents, or my brother.

A role model is not someone you want to be exactly like, but someone like your cousin, brother, parents where there is a quality or two that you think are good qualities to have.

For example, your brother is a good brother, your parents are honest. These are wonderful qualities that you might like to incorporate into your life. Another aspect of a role model is someone who has made an impact on your life where you would want to be a better person. Sometimes role models do not come to mind until you look back and see how someone influenced you in a positive way.

For example, my mother always taught me that there are no limits except those you set upon yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to.

I just have morals. xD

Nah.

A role model is not someone you want to be exactly like, but someone like your cousin, brother, parents where there is a quality or two that you think are good qualities to have.

For example, your brother is a good brother, your parents are honest. These are wonderful qualities that you might like to incorporate into your life. Another aspect of a role model is someone who has made an impact on your life where you would want to be a better person. Sometimes role models do not come to mind until you look back and see how someone influenced you in a positive way.

For example, my mother always taught me that there are no limits except those you set upon yourself. You can do anything you set your mind to.

i still dont get the whole 'role-model' concept.

i mean theres those kids who want to be like hannah montana, but i think that many dependant kids need roll models like miley cyrus and hopefully not paris hilton.

and then our principal always tells our class that we as eighth graders have to be role models to the middle and lower school

but i personally never had a role model... cheesy me you are two of a kind!

WHY IS PARIS HILTON FAMOUS ANYWAY? SHES HAS AN UGLY NOSE AND CANT SING WORTH A DARN!

I just have morals. xD

Nah.

Eh, I guess it all depends on your definition of role model then. Maybe I will see that I've had a role model when I'm older. Won't know until then. xD

my role model is mega man

Mario is my Role Model.

I'd rather be a super-powerful roboman than a plumber.

Just sayin'.

nothing wrong with plumbing.. everyone p00ps..

:lol: LOL :lol:

*hands Lexxy The Double Gold Star Award*

That was great!

Mario is my Role Model.

Just sayin'.

Ness is also my hero. He turned into a robot once.

Mario is my Role Model.

Just sayin'.

Do you collect heroes on top of husbands now?

I thing Mushroom_king has heroes, husbands and hero-husbands. :lol:

Mario is my Role Model.

Just sayin'.

Do you collect heroes on top of husbands now?

I thing Mushroom_king has heroes, husbands and hero-husbands. :lol:

Nnnnnno. Heroes are teh dumbs. Husbands are better.

ewwwww paris hilton!

i dont want her dead i jus dont want her alive n. e. miore

Whoaaaaaaaaa! That's harsh! :lol:

Hey Horatio, did you know that there's a name for people who don't want Paris Hilton alive anymore? They're called everybody!

ewwwww paris hilton!

Hey Horatio, did you know that there's a name for people who don't want Paris Hilton alive anymore? They're called everybody!

Not everybody. I don't agree with not wanting someone alive.

My thinking is, ignore them. If the actions of people were to ignore those they did not like, then we would not have the media hounds following these people.

The problem is, that people buy the junk about people they don't like. Why? I have no idea.

ewwwww paris hilton!

My thinking is, ignore them. If the actions of people were to ignore those they did not like, then we would not have the media hounds following these people.

The problem is, that people buy the junk about people they don't like. Why? I have no idea.

DEEP DOWN INSIDE, HORATIO, YOU DON'T WANT PARIS TO BE ALIVE ANYMORE!

ALSO, TOM SAWYER IS STALKING ME

ewwwww paris hilton!

No, I do want Paris Hilton alive... who else would there be out there making a total fool of herself. :lol:

Next time you think Tom Sawyer is behind you, place a large patch of super gorilla glue. That will keep him in one place. This way you can escape.

ewwwww paris hilton!

No, I do want Paris Hilton alive... who else would there be out there making a total fool of herself. :lol:

Next time you think Tom Sawyer is behind you, place a large patch of super gorilla glue. That will keep him in one place. This way you can escape.

I'll stalk Tom Sawyer for you! It will give me something to do on those days that my roommate blasts music and AIM sounds in the room. :D

... is this really all we can offer to kids for role models?

-strikes manly pose-

:D

-strikes manly pose-

-Strikes manlier pose-

-strikes manly pose-

OH DEAR LORD NOT ARKCHER AND CHEESEMASTER

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

TABLE-PANTS Vs. DIVINE BOVINE

WHO CAN STRIKE A MANLIER POSE

FIND OUT THIS SUNDAY AT 9

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

IF CHEESEMAN DOES NOT SHOW THAN, Um, I guess im manlier than the wisp of air next to me which will pose as my opponent instead.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

IF CHEESEMAN DOES NOT SHOW THAN, Um, I guess im manlier than the wisp of air next to me which will pose as my opponent instead.

I can strike a manlier pose that both of you combined

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

I call a rematch, so we can have a proper man-off. x3

(

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

: D

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

If H were on, it would make things easier. x3

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

Yes... you called? :blink:

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

I can't call without your number, foo'.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

Here it is...

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

Here it is...

that sounds believable.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

(

lol k

Here it is...

that sounds believable.

I wanted a number you would remember. LOL

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

Women are allowed in man-offs now? Sweet!

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

As soon as Arkcher gets some wireless and I add MK to brawl friends, we can do that.

And get Hoops in on it too. x3

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

As soon as Arkcher gets some wireless and I add MK to brawl friends, we can do that.

HEY, YOU'RE TRYING TO GET US INTO A BRAWL

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

whoa, maybe we could have an online brawl match, but instead of fighting, we taunt and see who has the coolest taunt messages!

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

whoa, maybe we could have an online brawl match, but instead of fighting, we taunt and see who has the coolest taunt messages!

I'd automatically win that one.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

no.

you wouldn't.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

no.

you wouldn't.

Never gonna

Give you up

Never gonna

Let you down

Never gonna

run around & desert u

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

no.

you wouldn't.

Never gonna

Give you up

Never gonna

Let you down

Never gonna

run around & desert u

I have a Rick-Roll-B-Gone spray. RICK ROLLS DON'T AFFECT ME

SAY, I MIGHT HAVE RICK ROLLS FOR BREAKFAST TOMORROW

random thought: Would jim Jones be a better role model than mike jones?

*wonders if Lexxscrapham has lost his marbles* :lol:

yes, there's the whole mass murder/suicide thing... But before that, he seemed to be doing pretty good.

random thought: Would jim Jones be a better role model than mike jones?

*wonders if Lexxscrapham has lost his marbles* :lol:

yes, there's the whole mass murder/suicide thing... But before that, he seemed to be doing pretty good.

I have a bunch of pretty jackets in a variety of colours. They have these wonderful wrap-around arms. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
This Mike Jones?

post-6896-1210717384.jpg

Actually, the rapper.. I forgot about the possible ambiguity of the name when I posed the question.

oh.

Never heard of the rapper. only the game character.

• 3 weeks later...

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

no.

you wouldn't.

Never gonna

Give you up

Never gonna

Let you down

Never gonna

run around & desert u

Then what about a kiproll?

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

...you know this would be so much more effective if I were allowed to post the link to it.

If you, despite the old meme, lieked mudkipz before, you would be absolutely sick of them after you saw it.

This Mike Jones?

post-6896-1210717384.jpg

Actually, the rapper.. I forgot about the possible ambiguity of the name when I posed the question.

I was considering the theory of a battle of the Jones', but a rapper? Come on. A cult leader is way above that. No contest. Jim mah boi would win hands down.

-strikes manly pose-

ur doin it rong

IT IS SUNDAY

IT IS 9

-strikes manly pose-

o:

THREE-WAY MANDOWN

ITS ON NOW

THAT'S FINE WITH ME

no.

you wouldn't.

Never gonna

Give you up

Never gonna

Let you down

Never gonna

run around & desert u

Then what about a kiproll?

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

mud

kip

...you know this would be so much more effective if I were allowed to post the link to it.

If you, despite the old meme, lieked mudkipz before, you would be absolutely sick of them after you saw it.

i hate mudkips

i hate mudkips

You sure?

Di you hate the meme or the pokemon itself?

Or is it a specific mudkip? That could be some sort of discrimination o:

Its not an accusation, we just herd u lieked dem.

i hate mudkips

You sure?

both, but i hate the meme more so

i hate mudkips

You sure?

both, but i hate the meme more so

aw.

D: