Hampsterdance Discussion Board

My friend Nutzky is in Iraq.

Horatio

Hey everyone, please help. My friend Nutzky is in Iraq and I would like to send him some of our wishes to let him know we are thinking of him and want him to return home safely. So any pics, artwork, literary work will be well received, so please post something here for him.

Thanks and Happy Hamstering to everyone!

Horatio

*~8teh Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I will be praying for your safety. If I have the time, I will write you a song. Until then, all I can give you is prayers.

With love

PollyOdyssey

MK

*~*Thepsycedelic luau*~*TheAstronomy Domine

I wish I could think of something to contribute. Maybe I will eventually, but until then just know I'll be praying.

I'm kind of in the same boat here. Maybe Nutzky can tell us a bit about himself?

I'm going to send him this link and ask him to post.

Hey everyone, please help. My friend Nutzky is in Iraq and I would like to send him some of our wishes to let him know we are thinking of him and want him to return home safely. So any pics, artwork, literary work will be well received, so please post something here for him.

Thanks and Happy Hamstering to everyone!

Horatio

this inspires me to draw something!

tell ur bud all of us here are praying him!

Let me start by saying you guys are awesome!! Hi, I am nutzky and live in Iraq.

The desert is my home. I appreciate all the prayers and best wishes. It is very hard being away from the loved ones but somehow I needed to be here as part of growing up and learning to live with very little and appreciating what I have.

So far it has been a good experience. The sunrise in the desert is beautiful and the sunsets are spectacular.

There are these littlr birds that look like finch that I feed every morning... They come and stand on the HMMWV or Humvee's

waiting to be fed it is awesome and they brighten my day.

I have been here for 4 months now workimg very hard for the mission. 12 hours a day and 7 days a week!

You guys have lifted my spirit with your thoughts and prayers.

I have to share the computer with others so I cannot stay too long, but I promise to revisit the forum every chance I get.

Thanks

Nutzky in Iraq

The desert is my home. I appreciate all the prayers and best wishes. It is very hard being away from the loved ones but somehow I needed to be here as part of growing up and learning to live with very little and appreciating what I have.

So far it has been a good experience. The sunrise in the desert is beautiful and the sunsets are spectacular.

There are these little birds that look like finch that I feed every morning... They come and stand on the HMMWV or Humvee's

waiting to be fed and it is the perfest way to start my day.

I have been here for 4 months now working very hard for the mission. 12 hours a day and 7 days a week!

I have to share the computer with others so I cannot stay too long, but I promise to revisit the forum every chance I get.

Thanks

Nutzky in Iraq

Welcome and thanks for stopping by!

One thing about this board is that posts do not appear immediately, they all have to be moderated. So, if you don't see it, I am off riding my motorcycle.

Here is a picture of my friend Harry on his Harley.

DSCN3675.JPG

I don't think he has much mileage on it as all he seems to do is wash and wax it. :lol:

There are these little birds that look like finch that I feed every morning... They come and stand on the HMMWV or Humvee's

waiting to be fed and it is the perfest way to start my day.

I have been here for 4 months now working very hard for the mission. 12 hours a day and 7 days a week!

Thanks

Nutzky in Iraq

Hi! *waves* ^_^ I always love hearing about the little things you guys get to do. I mean seriously, how many people out there get to feed birds that sit on their car first thing in the morning? The very image sounds like something out of a Disney movie (too bad they don't help you clean up too :rolleyes: ) And those are some crazy hours to work. :wacko: Anyways, the three topics I spend the most amount of time in I have linked to in my signature. Feel free to stop by if you want, and welcome to Hampsterdance! ^_^

How nice to hear that you are able to feed the birds. That is really cool. At least it gives you a moment

of peace and beauty in a rather tough situation. I really had no idea about what it was like over there,

so thank you for giving us some idea of what it is like.

An easy way to find things is to click on View New Posts. Photos are easy to upload.

If you want your own special avatar, just add it to a post and let me know. HampsterKing will have to

add it to the gallery. Whatever you need, just holler and we will see if we can accomodate your wishes.

There are these littlr birds that look like finch that I feed every morning... They come and stand on the HMMWV or Humvee's

I have been here for 4 months now workimg very hard for the mission. 12 hours a day and 7 days a week!

Thanks

Nutzky in Iraq

Hey there Nutzky in Iraq!

never heard about the birds, sunrises and sunsets in Iraq. I guess it is the little things that make life good. Those and people like you out defending our country. Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Nutzky in Iraq

That's neat. Looking at your username, do you have any French influences? One of my hobbies is using a level editor for a certain video game, I have an idea of a picture I could make for you. Thanks for your commitment and keep strong.

Jesse

Nutzky...

Happy Hammy Heart's Day !!!!

Hammy.gif

Horatio

Aw, that's adorable. Well, in the words of my friend Marius, "Happy generic love day!" ^_^

You all wanted to see a picture of me, so here I am.

Look pretty good for a three and one-half year old blonde hamster, don't you think??? :lol:

This is something I posted as a note on another website, but I think it fits:

So, as Marius so nicely put it, "Happy Generic Love Day!"

And it got me thinking. So many people complain about how much Valentine's Day stinks because they're single, and it's a Hallmark holiday, and [insert other complaints here].

But think back to elementary school. Where everyone made "mailboxes" (usually a piece of paper folded in half and taped together to make a little pouch) and taped them to their desks. And everyone made Valentine's Day cards for everyone, and some of them even had candy taped to them. Those were fun times. We weren't worried about being in relationships or any of that. We celebrated Valentine's Day just for the fun of it (and for the free candy). We had the love of our friends and family, and that's all that mattered.

What changed since then? Puberty? We still have friends and family who love us very much. Which brings me to my main point: there are many different types of love. Who says Valentine's Day is only for romantic love now? We still have the love from our friends, our family, and [insert other subset of people here]. So even though we might be single, we still have plenty of love worth celebrating too. So go ahead and wear red, gorge yourself on candy, and share the love!

Sorry about the double posting!!

HOLY ICELAND! It's you!

Now, I am off to sketch you as a new character for my book.

Oh, and Good Luck.

lol "holy iceland" That's kind of awesome. :lol:

*~*The Grand Illusion*(~(The Final Cut*~*

My friend Gir (who has crazy handwriting) wrote "HOLY JESUS" in her notebook, but I thought it said "Holy Iceland!" and now it's a new A.D phrase...

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

This is something I posted as a note on another website, but I think it fits:

So, as Marius so nicely put it, "Happy Generic Love Day!"

And it got me thinking. So many people complain about how much Valentine's Day stinks because they're single, and it's a Hallmark holiday, and [insert other complaints here].

But think back to elementary school. Where everyone made "mailboxes" (usually a piece of paper folded in half and taped together to make a little pouch) and taped them to their desks. And everyone made Valentine's Day cards for everyone, and some of them even had candy taped to them. Those were fun times. We weren't worried about being in relationships or any of that. We celebrated Valentine's Day just for the fun of it (and for the free candy). We had the love of our friends and family, and that's all that mattered.

What changed since then? Puberty? We still have friends and family who love us very much. Which brings me to my main point: there are many different types of love. Who says Valentine's Day is only for romantic love now? We still have the love from our friends, our family, and [insert other subset of people here]. So even though we might be single, we still have plenty of love worth celebrating too. So go ahead and wear red, gorge yourself on candy, and share the love!

Great point.

nutzky! glad to hear from you! well, i know i already posted this picture, but it was inspired by you!

armyheroes2.JPG

I was hoping you would post your pic here. It is really fantastic and I am certain he will really like it.

Thanks!!!!!

*hands Wildcat The Platinum Moon Award for such a creative and beautiful piece of artwork*

• 2 weeks later...

be safe Nutzky, hope to hear you're home safe soon!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all for your warm wishes. I apologize for not replying earlier. I am home for two weeks with my

Son, Daughter and mother. On Friday I have to fly back to Baghdad.

I will carry your prayers in my heart as I fly over the ocean back to the desert.

Thanks and

God Bless you all!!

PS Thanks for the drawings, and the poems... I enjoyed them You guys are great!!

Frenchie

Thanks to all for your warm wishes. I apologize for not replying earlier. I am home for two weeks with my

I will carry your prayers in my heart as I fly over the ocean back to the desert.

Thanks and

God Bless you all!!

PS Thanks for the drawings, and the poems... I enjoyed them You guys are great!!

Frenchie

How fantastic to hear from you! Hope you are enjoying time with the family.

We will keep you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers while you are over there, until your safe return home.

Thanks for posting.

Be safe.

Thanks and

God Bless you all!!

Frenchie

Glad to hear you are still safe and sound.

Thanks and

God Bless you all!!

Frenchie

I'm glad you have time to spend at home. I will pray as you make the transition back to Iraq. I can only imagine how hard that is since it was tough simply going back to college from home. Good luck, and thank you for serving us.

Oh, I just read this thread.

Being a soldier is a hard job. I denied military service and did civilian service instead, but I know some people who have been in Afghanistan. In Germany you have to do a nine month service which doesn't include foreign deployment. However, this service can be extended up to 15 month voluntarily with the possibility of foreign deployment, with much better payment of course. Even though the Bundeswehr (german army) isn't included in the direct combat due to the Basic Law which only allows defensive military activities (consequences of World War II), they said that they would never do it again...

Good luck in Iraq.

Threw this screenshot together thinking of you (though it will probably seem random out of context)...

=O!!! I should send Nutzky a snapshot I took in brawl! A funny one! I have many!

Threw this screenshot together thinking of you (though it will probably seem random out of context)...

=O!!! I should send Nutzky a snapshot I took in brawl! A funny one! I have many!

Please post your snapshot!

I don't know how D=

I don't know how D=

Can you get your picture on your desktop? Or, do you have a photo program on your computer? If so, let me know and I will tell you exactly how to do it. Whether it is on the desktop or in a photo program, note the number or name of the picture. Let me know... moderators are standing by.

I don't know how D=

Can you get your picture on your desktop? Or, do you have a photo program on your computer? If so, let me know and I will tell you exactly how to do it. Whether it is on the desktop or in a photo program, note the number or name of the picture. Let me know... moderators are standing by.

The picture isn't even on my computer, it's on the game disc. Wii has internet connection, so maybe I could upload it that way?

I don't know how D=

The picture isn't even on my computer, it's on the game disc. Wii has internet connection, so maybe I could upload it that way?

That might work. Try it please.

I don't know how D=

Does the wii have a web browser? Like could you maybe save the picture in an email using the wii? If you can do that, you could then open the email on your computer, and save the picture, and then upload it here.

I don't know how D=

Does the wii have a web browser? Like could you maybe save the picture in an email using the wii? If you can do that, you could then open the email on your computer, and save the picture, and then upload it here.

I'm pretty sure it does. I have my Wii connected to Internet, but I don't know if I can use the browser. I'll read my manual and find out.

I don't know how D=

I'm pretty sure it does. I have my Wii connected to Internet, but I don't know if I can use the browser. I'll read my manual and find out.

*thwacks MK with THE ENCLOSED INSTRUCTION BOOK.*

I don't know how D=

Hey now, you realize the Enclosed Instruction Book is a living creature right? It has feelings

I don't know how D=

Hey now, you realize the Enclosed Instruction Book is a living creature right? It has feelings

Hahaha :lol:

I don't know how D=

Aw *pats the enclosed instruction book* I'm sorry I threw you. May you never fail to spread your advice on how to get through the hotels.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Well, turns out I'll need an SD card, download my pictures to the card, stick the card in a digital camera, hook it up to the computer, and upload them there. So confusing.

I took a hilarious (But slightly inappropriate) picture last night.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~(

• 1 month later...

Hey guys it's me nutzky checking in. Everything is ok over here, I know you read the news...Thanks for your prayers.

I am currently eating some cookies that I got in the mail yesterday!! What a surprise! They told me I had mail, and I was wondering Hummmm I wonder who sent me a package. When I opened it Yessssss Starbucks coffee, Paul Newman organic mollasses cookies and a game boook and magazine. I really really like cookies yummmy, yes a lot and this little surprise really made my day. Did I tell you that it hit 110 degreeslast week? We had 2 really bad sandstorms too!

I have to leave now but I will check in soon enough.

THANKS!!

Nutzky

Hey guys it's me nutzky checking in. Everything is ok over here, I know you read the news...Thanks for your prayers.

I am currently eating some cookies that I got in the mail yesterday!! What a surprise! They told me I had mail, and I was wondering Hummmm I wonder who sent me a package. When I opened it Yessssss Starbucks coffee, Paul Newman organic mollasses cookies and a game boook and magazine. I really really like cookies yummmy, yes a lot and this little surprise really made my day. Did I tell you that it hit 110 degreeslast week? We had 2 really bad sandstorms too!

THANKS!!

Nutzky

Awesome! ^_^ I remember once last year when I was at college, someone from my church mailed me some chocolate right before midterms, and it totally made my day. 110 degrees...crazy. That's like twice the temperature here. Sandstorms are something I have never experienced, and knowing the nature of sand and wind, not something I care to experience. o.O What exactly do you guys do during sand storms anyways? Like how do you prepare for / deal with them?

THANKS!!

Nutzky

Did you ever find out who sent the package? Or was it anonymous? Either way that was a very kind act. I hope you will be able to return home sometime in the summer! Most of us college students are finishing up the school year already...it was my first year and it went by pretty fast!

Please be safe,

Jesse

Sweet. XD I actually took that picture a couple weeks ago. Here's one from today.

This pic is even better!

*hands Wolfie The Double Blue Moon Award*

Oh... I love this one!!! Great contrast, clarity and lighting!

hey there. Hope things are still going well.. hope that wasn't your truck I read about in the paper the other day, of all the hazards of iraq these days, to lose a vehicle to something as mundane as an electrical short is just sorta. well, unexpected.

Hey, Nutzky :D Suprise cookies are the best kinds of cookies, so hooray for that! But 110 degrees and sandstorms are icky. D:

Thanks for all you're doing. Stay safe. <3

Hope you keep on keepin' on.

My teacher has spend a lot of time over in Iraq.

He's pretty crazy about it. Kinda scary, actually. x3

Anyway, make it back safe!

Sweet. XD I actually took that picture a couple weeks ago. Here's one from today.

This pic is even better!

*hands Wolfie The Double Blue Moon Award*

Oh... I love this one!!! Great contrast, clarity and lighting!

Hooray for 8 MP Kodak camera with a nice lense but isn't professional nor expensive in comparison!

THANKS!!

Nutzky

Hi Nutszky. It's cool that you got a package, I only get packages when I order them, I never get surprise packages...110 degrees? It's been raining all week here where I live.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nutzky... you have not been online since the 22nd of November and frankly I am worried. You are in my thoughts, heart and prayers for being safe in Iraq.

Hopefully you are okay, but just out of touch. We would love to hear from you soon.

Horatio