Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Mah gee-tar

I hope this will work o:

I found that if I get my Fender Stratocaster guitar, use a 1/4inch-3.5mm adapter to plug in to the Audio In on my computer, I can make use of this cool program I found online that gives audio guitar distortion. (also makes microphone voice recordings sound pretty cool o: ) Distorted signal is sent to the stereo speakers, and lo and behold my computer is a guitar amp.

but it doesnt stop there,

I can use my desktop speakers, take the headphone output and use another 3.5mm audio jack and run the distorted audio out, and run it through another PC's audio in, and use recording software to get an mp3 of me playing mah gee-tar.

Attached are recordings of me with mah gee-tar.

I'm really not very good at it, but i've really made progress so im doing better and i'll post some more recordings when i have skill enough to play more than 3 things. =D

I hope this will work o:

I found that if I get my Fender Stratocaster guitar, use a 1/4inch-3.5mm adapter to plug in to the Audio In on my computer, I can make use of this cool program I found online that gives audio guitar distortion. (also makes microphone voice recordings sound pretty cool o: ) Distorted signal is sent to the stereo speakers, and lo and behold my computer is a guitar amp.

but it doesnt stop there,

I can use my desktop speakers, take the headphone output and use another 3.5mm audio jack and run the distorted audio out, and run it through another PC's audio in, and use recording software to get an mp3 of me playing mah gee-tar.

Attached are recordings of me with mah gee-tar.

I'm really not very good at it, but i've really made progress so im doing better and i'll post some more recordings when i have skill enough to play more than 3 things. =D

Very cool!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...

oh lawds, i remember this topic.

listening to that recording makes me cringe now.

Turns out I didnt know jack about my guitar amp, and it does have awesome distortion and things, if you... you know, push that button over there.

Accordingly, i've had a lot of practice in 8 months time, and can actually maintain somewhat of a beat or rythm, and hit the right frets.

So, in the near future, i'll post version two. which will have a refined recording of these songs and some new ones.

yaey.

oh lawds, i remember this topic.

listening to that recording makes me cringe now.

Turns out I didnt know jack about my guitar amp, and it does have awesome distortion and things, if you... you know, push that button over there.

Accordingly, i've had a lot of practice in 8 months time, and can actually maintain somewhat of a beat or rythm, and hit the right frets.

So, in the near future, i'll post version two. which will have a refined recording of these songs and some new ones.

yaey.

I wanna hear some epic soloage, man.