Hampsterdance Discussion Board

idk its not that im entirely materialistic(i am though)

its just i like being set with things. i like having choice(thats why i have a ton of stuff.. bags clothes jewlery.. but none of it is really nice or anything..)

i have too much of everything.. my parents are packrats and its hard to break from it

i have enough tampons to last me till like college i swear lol

idk

how can i throw things out/ simplify/ minimize without feeling wastful for throwing useful things out or feel bad cuz someone gave me it or wutever..?

First, I would not throw things out that someone else can use. Keep in mind that families who suffer from domestic violence can and will use absolutely everything. So, if you were redoing your bathroom and didn't like the purple shower curtain and matching rug and towels, they would love them. Various groups collect all items to set people up in a residence when they leave their homes. So, everything you have can be reused, with you feeling good about the fact that you helped someone. People will not feel bad about you giving away a gift, as once they give it to you, it is yours to do what you want with it.

but idk where to give those things away so i just put them in the comp room and my crazy packrat mother keeps it all..

idk

its just i like being set with things. i like having choice(thats why i have a ton of stuff.. bags clothes jewlery.. but none of it is really nice or anything..)

i have too much of everything.. my parents are packrats and its hard to break from it

idk

how can i throw things out/ simplify/ minimize without feeling wastful for throwing useful things out or feel bad cuz someone gave me it or wutever..?

First, I would not throw things out that someone else can use. Keep in mind that families who suffer from domestic violence can and will use absolutely everything. So, if you were redoing your bathroom and didn't like the purple shower curtain and matching rug and towels, they would love them. Various groups collect all items to set people up in a residence when they leave their homes. So, everything you have can be reused, with you feeling good about the fact that you helped someone. People will not feel bad about you giving away a gift, as once they give it to you, it is yours to do what you want with it.

but idk where to give those things away so i just put them in the comp room and my crazy packrat mother keeps it all..

idk

Here are the places I recommend to give these things away:

.....Salvation Army Domestic Violence Centre

.....Exchange Club

.....Any donation place in your town, just call and ask if they have a special donation section for domestic violence.

You do not need to put these things in another room when you can make a difference in someone else's life by helping them with the items you no longer want or need.

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

.....Any donation place in your town, just call and ask if they have a special donation section for domestic violence.

You do not need to put these things in another room when you can make a difference in someone else's life by helping them with the items you no longer want or need.

well i just dont want them in my room before i bring them to other places. i wanna get rid of like 1/2 my stuff but i cant :[

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

well i just dont want them in my room before i bring them to other places. i wanna get rid of like 1/2 my stuff but i cant :[

You can't get rid of it because?

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

im a packrat

idk wut do you suggest i throw out (just anything general)

i cleaned out my closet and threw out like 100 old mags

got rid of old socks

its not enough

HELP

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

im a packrat

got rid of old socks

its not enough

HELP

Being a packrat is tough. Starting by throwing out old magazines is a start. If you had old socks that were still in good shape, without holes, then these could have been thrown into a plastic bag and donated. They have bins all over the place to collect clothes.

Next I would go through your clothes and anything you have not worn in two years, place into a plastic bag and put in the other room you were talking about.

This way, they are not gone, but they are gone from your sight.

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

im a packrat

got rid of old socks

its not enough

HELP

Being a packrat is tough. Starting by throwing out old magazines is a start. If you had old socks that were still in good shape, without holes, then these could have been thrown into a plastic bag and donated. They have bins all over the place to collect clothes.

Next I would go through your clothes and anything you have not worn in two years, place into a plastic bag and put in the other room you were talking about.

lol i gave my mom most of the socks.

i have alot of clothes but at least they have a place. its everything else that doesnt and idk wut to do..

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

im a packrat

got rid of old socks

its not enough

HELP

i have alot of clothes but at least they have a place. its everything else that doesnt and idk wut to do..

Are you talking about books, shelf-stuff, games, etc.?

Do you have shelves in your room?

For stuff that needs a container, I use baskets. Square baskets look great on shelves, yet you can put in all kinds of things like pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc. Then I have another basket that contains rulers, scissors, scotch, masking tape and glue type items. There are four of these and they line up on my shelf. I use them for all kinds of stuff that has no other place I can put them.

In your closet, if you don't have a place for your shoes and you have lots, then ask your mother for one of those shoe bags to hang up. They have several types. One that will hang on the rod in your closet, one for the wall and one to hang on the door. The door one is my least favorite because when you open and close the door, if the shoes are not properly placed in the holders, they fall out.

Want more ideas?

idk

idk

.....Exchange Club

im a packrat

got rid of old socks

its not enough

HELP

Are you talking about books, shelf-stuff, games, etc.?

Do you have shelves in your room?

For stuff that needs a container, I use baskets. Square baskets look great on shelves, yet you can put in all kinds of things like pencils, pens, erasers, markers, etc. Then I have another basket that contains rulers, scissors, scotch, masking tape and glue type items. There are four of these and they line up on my shelf. I use them for all kinds of stuff that has no other place I can put them.

In your closet, if you don't have a place for your shoes and you have lots, then ask your mother for one of those shoe bags to hang up. They have several types. One that will hang on the rod in your closet, one for the wall and one to hang on the door. The door one is my least favorite because when you open and close the door, if the shoes are not properly placed in the holders, they fall out.

Want more ideas?

i have baskets. i ahev my artstuff together. and i have 2 of those hangy shoe things. both full.

im crazy wut can i say haha :P

hm idk wut i need. i want to make things disapear. just point at them and have them go where they belong. like random things. i wish i could +POOF+ my paperclips to someones desk. etc etc haha

idk wut goes where lol

Now if you could invent that, I would be your first customer and you would be a zillionaire.

That would be the ideal way to clean your house.

hm idk wut i need. i want to make things disapear. just point at them and have them go where they belong. like random things. i wish i could +POOF+ my paperclips to someones desk. etc etc haha

idk wut goes where lol

Now if you could invent that, I would be your first customer and you would be a zillionaire.

if i was a zillionaire id live in luxury(as would my friends) and still give mad money to every cause i feel like i should give to

idk wut goes where lol

if i was a zillionaire id live in luxury(as would my friends) and still give mad money to every cause i feel like i should give to

Would a certain hamster be on your list? :blink:

idk wut goes where lol

DUH lol

idk wut goes where lol

DUH lol

:lol: