Hampsterdance Discussion Board

In desperate need of internet help

Mushroom_king

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*(The Final Cut*~*

Because FireFox is not working for me. D:

Every time I try to use FireFox, it tells me that Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close even though it was never open in the first place.

As a result, I've been forced to use Internet Explorer and have been DYING.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Every time I try to use FireFox, it tells me that Firefox has encountered a problem and needs to close even though it was never open in the first place.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

I would try Safari or Netscape as a browser. There is also Opera, but I tried it some time ago and don't remember.

*wonders where Arkcher is when you need him*

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? That would be my first reaction. Dunno if it'll make any difference or not, though.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? That would be my first reaction. Dunno if it'll make any difference or not, though.

That is a great idea. Also, if you never shut down your computer and only put it to sleep, then I would shut it down.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

I have tried that and it will not install.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

When was the last time you shut down your computer. Not put it to sleep, but totally shut it down?

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

When was the last time you shut down your computer. Not put it to sleep, but totally shut it down?

last night. -_-

I' using SeaMonkey for now, but I hate SeaMonkey and would rather use FireFox because all the toolbars I downloaded can't be downloaded for SeaMonkey. Help! D=

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

could you be a little more vague..?

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

last night. -_-

I' using SeaMonkey for now, but I hate SeaMonkey and would rather use FireFox because all the toolbars I downloaded can't be downloaded for SeaMonkey. Help! D=

I would uninstall Firefox, drag your hard drive cache to the trash, drag your computer cache to the trash, clear your browsing history and the drag the cache from Firefox to the trash, empty and secure the trash, then shut down your computer totally. Now restart your computer and then try and install Firefox. It should work then.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

I started getting that problem on my windows laptop too! Coincidence?

Nevermind my post. Fixed it by uninstalling and installing again. Though I have a question, were you uninstalling through Windows, or uninstalling using the program in firefox's uninstall folder? I would try the latter, that's what worked for me.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

last night. -_-

I would uninstall Firefox, drag your hard drive cache to the trash, drag your computer cache to the trash, clear your browsing history and the drag the cache from Firefox to the trash, empty and secure the trash, then shut down your computer totally. Now restart your computer and then try and install Firefox. It should work then.

.....I have no idea what you just said

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

last night. -_-

Double click on your harddrive symbol. Then look for library folder, then double click on the library folder, when this opens up, you will see a cache folder. That is what you drag to the trash. Then you have another area to search. When you first bought your computer, you created a user name and this is where the second library folder is located. Double click on this folder, then when it opens up, find the cache folder and drag it to the trash. Do you know how to erase your browsing history? If so, then you need to do this. You will also have a cache with your browser, you need to empty this folder or drag it to the trash. Then you need to empty the trash or secure empty trash. First this will speed up your computer, second if there was a problem with the Firefox, this will hopefully get rid of it. Shut down your computer. Then restart your computer and reinstall Firefox. It should work.

SO PLEASE HELP ME.

last night. -_-

Double click on your harddrive symbol. Then look for library folder, then double click on the library folder, when this opens up, you will see a cache folder. That is what you drag to the trash. Then you have another area to search. When you first bought your computer, you created a user name and this is where the second library folder is located. Double click on this folder, then when it opens up, find the cache folder and drag it to the trash. Do you know how to erase your browsing history? If so, then you need to do this. You will also have a cache with your browser, you need to empty this folder or drag it to the trash. Then you need to empty the trash or secure empty trash. First this will speed up your computer, second if there was a problem with the Firefox, this will hopefully get rid of it. Shut down your computer. Then restart your computer and reinstall Firefox. It should work.

Ok, I'll do that, but not now

• 2 weeks later...