Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Get it out.

Mega Wolf

This is basically, as the topic says, the topic you use to get things out there. Like, you know. Venting. I think there've been topics like this before. Anyway, you can get out anything. Good, bad, whatever. Like, OMG I GOT A HIGH SCORE LAWL. Stuff like that. Or, DUDE OMG I REALLY HATE THAT GUY, HE'S A STUPID LIAR. And such like. =D

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I DON'T LIKE HOMOPHOBES!!

JOEY RAMONE IS BRINGING SEXY BACK!

JON BON JOVI IS BEYOND SEXY!

**The Psychedelic Luau*~*THe Astronomy Domine*~*

I've been banded from sugar.

Story: last night at comfrimation class I had a (1, uno, ONE) jollyrancher and I was extremely hyper after that. And my mom was like there must have been a cute boy in class I was like no mom I'm not attracted to 8th graders but I did have a jolly rancher then she was like ok then. So when we got home she threw out all the sugar :angry::angry::angry::angry::(:(:(:( I'm nothing without sugar am I going to have to revert to salt ~gags~ oh dang that would be gross. On the bright side my school has a whole lunch table full of candy so we can buy some ~gets slightly happier~

Story: last night at comfrimation class I had a (1, uno, ONE) jollyrancher and I was extremely hyper after that. And my mom was like there must have been a cute boy in class I was like no mom I'm not attracted to 8th graders but I did have a jolly rancher then she was like ok then. So when we got home she threw out all the sugar :angry::angry::angry::angry::(:(:(:( I'm nothing without sugar am I going to have to revert to salt ~gags~ oh dang that would be gross. On the bright side my school has a whole lunch table full of candy so we can buy some ~gets slightly happier~

You need to let your mother know that the FDA has changed the food pyramid and the three major food groups are sugar, fat and caffeine! :lol:

You need to let your mother know that the FDA has changed the food pyramid and the three major food groups are sugar, fat and caffeine! :lol:

NO!!!!!!!!!

Then she'll ban me from shool.

~can't believe I'm going to say this~

I like going to school.

Friends, Fun, Gym class, Cheap food, Learning ~OMG OMG OMG~ well not the actual required learning I like learning about my friends and stuff..... :huh: I just confoozed my self.

My classes are too easy.

There's a stupid freshman guy who hasn't marched more than a month and he shouldn't be correcting people who have BEEN through marching band before.

Then the freshman girl who is stuck in band and has to just show up that pisses me off because she's like, OMG I FEEL LIKE A NERD, OMG!

All we've learned about in vet science is how to give a pig ear notches/the meaning of the ear notches, how to castrate, and what's going on in the football world...

GAH THE GUY I SIT NEXT TO IN VET SCIENCE IS SUCH A CREEP. <.<

I tried out to be a newscaster for the morning announcements but to find out if I made it I have to wait until Wednesday. And I tried out last week. <.<

My classes are too easy.

There's a stupid freshman guy who hasn't marched more than a month and he shouldn't be correcting people who have BEEN through marching band before.

Then the freshman girl who is stuck in band and has to just show up that pisses me off because she's like, OMG I FEEL LIKE A NERD, OMG!

All we've learned about in vet science is how to give a pig ear notches/the meaning of the ear notches, how to castrate, and what's going on in the football world...

GAH THE GUY I SIT NEXT TO IN VET SCIENCE IS SUCH A CREEP. <.>

I tried out to be a newscaster for the morning announcements but to find out if I made it I have to wait until Wednesday. And I tried out last week. <.>

That would be so cool if you became a newscaster. Good luck! :D

At least you are only if one class with the guy in your vet science class. :lol:

FOR THE THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS LOVABLE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU CRITICIZE!

I absolutely HATE it when people say, "Oh, well, I'd like to see YOU do any better," because doing better doesn't matter! All that matters is that if there's something obviously wrong, and someone points it out, then you know what to change next time. It doesn't mean he insulted you and is a complete son of a *beep*!! My cookies are done!

It's just a bit of constructive crit people, so just take it and shut your holier-than-thou, stuck-up little prissy mouth.

If you can't tell, I hate people who can't take their share of CC.

FOR THE THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS LOVABLE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GOOD AT WHAT YOU CRITICIZE!

I absolutely HATE it when people say, "Oh, well, I'd like to see YOU do any better," because doing better doesn't matter! All that matters is that if there's something obviously wrong, and someone points it out, then you know what to change next time. It doesn't mean he insulted you and is a complete son of a *beep*!! My cookies are done!

It's just a bit of constructive crit people, so just take it and shut your holier-than-thou, stuck-up little prissy mouth.

May I please have one of your fresh-out-of-the-oven cookies?

Sure! They're sweetened with the blood of people who can't take crit, just in case you're allergic to it.

Sure! They're sweetened with the blood of people who can't take crit, just in case you're allergic to it.

No, I appreciate CC. If you have any ideas how I can be a better mod or better hamster, please do let me know.

*takes a cookie*

Thank you.

I can not STAND the 10-11 year old kids in my troop. They are the most obnoxious, loud, whiny, uncooperative, ignorant group of litte twerps I have ever met. Somtime I just want to *beeping* kill them. whoops, I left the broiler on too long for my sammich, the smoke detector went off.

No, I won't actually kill them. I just want them to stop being such a pain in the bum. D=

I think it's ridiculous that Windows will go BEEEEP! and REFUSE TO WORK when I press 3 LOUSY LITTLE BUTTONS at the same time. No macintosh that I've used has ever had such a stupid limit, or if I have ever reached that limit at least it doesn't do the annoying BEEP! like Windows does all the time even if the volume is on MUTE. Appearently "mute" in windows means "we'll stop MOST of the sounds for you, but not all of them, so you'll still annoy the crud out of your roomate with lots of random BEEEEEEEEEEEEPs while he's spending 7 hours writing a paper for Biology. Oh, and buy some more of our products."

UGH, it just beeped again! RAAAAAAAWR! *attacks laptop*

So much for enjoying Tomb Raider with patched exe's.

I think it's ridiculous that Windows will go BEEEEP! and REFUSE TO WORK when I press 3 LOUSY LITTLE BUTTONS at the same time. No macintosh that I've used has ever had such a stupid limit, or if I have ever reached that limit at least it doesn't do the annoying BEEP! like Windows does all the time even if the volume is on MUTE. Appearently "mute" in windows means "we'll stop MOST of the sounds for you, but not all of them, so you'll still annoy the crud out of your roomate with lots of random BEEEEEEEEEEEEPs while he's spending 7 hours writing a paper for Biology. Oh, and buy some more of our products."

1. Reboot

2. Go to setup and turn off system sounds

3. ????

4. Profit!!

- OPTIONAL: Become an Hero

Oh yeah, I had to take this freshman survey thing the other day, and there were these questions like "what are the chances of you rooming with someone of another race?" and "describe the racial makeup of your high school/place where you grew up" and "how focused are you about promoting racial understanding?" (I'm paraphrasing here, because they had a whole system of bubbling-in different options and stuff).

How are questions like these not racist? I mean, it's basically asking me how I make friends with whites as opposed to "other" people, and it's asking me to tally all the people in my neighborhood and high schools and seperate them by their skin color, and it's asking, oops I mean, telling me that I should not be able to understand other people because they're a different race than me. How, how can this NOT be racist in itself? Maybe racism wouldn't be such a #### if institutions like the one that made this survey would quit telling you to get in that mindset of catagorizing people according to their race. :angry: I skipped all those questions.

And there was that other online survey for freshman a long time ago. A (paraphrased again) question was "what do you think the chances are of you having a serious discussion with someone of another race?"

What the heck...again, the quesiton is racist, I do NOT need to keep track of what race people are when I have a conversation with them. And WHY would it matter if it were a "serious discussion?" That makes it even more racist, because appearently if I tell someone about the fall of Athens, they will recieve it differently if they are a different race. :rolleyes: So. Dumb.

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

Sorry, I tried that. I picked the "no sounds" scheme. And I checked the list of sounds and surprise, none of them are checked. But appearently "no sounds" does not include annoying BEEPS from stupid keyboards.

Oh yeah, I had to take this freshman survey thing the other day, and there were these questions like "what are the chances of you rooming with someone of another race?" and "describe the racial makeup of your high school/place where you grew up" and "how focused are you about promoting racial understanding?" (I'm paraphrasing here, because they had a whole system of bubbling-in different options and stuff).

How are questions like these not racist? I mean, it's basically asking me how I make friends with whites as opposed to "other" people, and it's asking me to tally all the people in my neighborhood and high schools and seperate them by their skin color, and it's asking, oops I mean, telling me that I should not be able to understand other people because they're a different race than me. How, how can this NOT be racist in itself? Maybe racism wouldn't be such a #### if institutions like the one that made this survey would quit telling you to get in that mindset of catagorizing people according to their race. :angry: I skipped all those questions.

And there was that other online survey for freshman a long time ago. A (paraphrased again) question was "what do you think the chances are of you having a serious discussion with someone of another race?"

What the heck...again, the quesiton is racist, I do NOT need to keep track of what race people are when I have a conversation with them. And WHY would it matter if it were a "serious discussion?" That makes it even more racist, because appearently if I tell someone about the fall of Athens, they will recieve it differently if they are a different race. :rolleyes: So. Dumb.

Dumb is right!!!

I am so amazed that they even ask these questions. What are they thinking?

Personally, I see no value in these surveys.

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

You spend too much time on /b/.

x3

OH DID YOU SEE THAT THING ON ANONYMOUS? Hilarious stuff. They actually made a news report on anonymous. I don't remember what network it was on, I just saw it while looking around on *chan.

>:

Racist questions are racist.

Obvious statements are obvious. =D

...Long cat is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.

Dumb is right!!!

(Hmm, how did my five letter noun get censored into a 4 letter curse word? :blink: I didn't think it was that bad. Anyways...)

As to what they are thinking, I have no clue, although maybe it has something to do with affirmative action (another thing I don't really agree with, but maybe I'll leave that for another time).

And no, I don't find much value in them either. They probably just throw all this stuff into statistics or something.

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

Sorry, I tried that. I picked the "no sounds" scheme. And I checked the list of sounds and surprise, none of them are checked. But appearently "no sounds" does not include annoying BEEPS from stupid keyboards.

well keyboards are designed so that you hit one button at a time, and if its two, its usually shift or ctrl. The only, ONLY case that windows Keyboards are designed to handle three keys is the three-finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) .

If you get the right kind of USB keyboard, like one designed for gaming, then it will probably handle multiple keys being pressed and probably wont make the computer beep at you.

PS/2 connections (now sub-standard, the circular port with cylinders) wont do that, though.

Dumb is right!!!

(Hmm, how did my five letter noun get censored into a 4 letter curse word? :blink: I didn't think it was that bad. Anyways...)

As to what they are thinking, I have no clue, although maybe it has something to do with affirmative action (another thing I don't really agree with, but maybe I'll leave that for another time).

And no, I don't find much value in them either. They probably just throw all this stuff into statistics or something.

The computer did that one. I had nothing to do with it. My thought was you put those in, but now that I know you didn't, it was the computer.

Gah. Somebody not only keyed Julian's car all along the side and on his hood and his trunk down to the metal(when his paint is irreplaceable due to the fact that his car is a Mercedes-Benz so it's German maroon paint that hasn't been made in a while), but they DENTED his car a little bit too. So someone really hates Julian, really hates me, or REALLY likes me and is just extremely jealous of Julian. I can't think of anyone who would hate Julian due to the fact that he is nice and polite at all times. It might have been a random act, but it looked like it took some time...

Gah. Somebody not only keyed Julian's car all along the side and on his hood and his trunk down to the metal(when his paint is irreplaceable due to the fact that his car is a Mercedes-Benz so it's German maroon paint that hasn't been made in a while), but they DENTED his car a little bit too. So someone really hates Julian, really hates me, or REALLY likes me and is just extremely jealous of Julian. I can't think of anyone who would hate Julian due to the fact that he is nice and polite at all times. It might have been a random act, but it looked like it took some time...

Oh how horrible. :(

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

OH DID YOU SEE THAT THING ON ANONYMOUS? Hilarious stuff. They actually made a news report on anonymous. I don't remember what network it was on, I just saw it while looking around on *chan.

Anonymous is kind of a generalization seeing how its about 98.5% of /b/ population.

but yeah, I think it was Fox 11 had an issue with the 'hackers on steroids' and they covered them hacking through various Myspace accounts, putting, uh, questionable imagery about, and making a bomb threat known well.

And then a while back, there was another bomb threat from /b/ to happen on the morning of Sept 11th '07, in a highschool somewhere in Texas.

Anon is too /b/ig for the internet.

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN OF ULTIMATE DESTINY

That's horrible. :closedeyes:

It really makes me mad that people think they can just do stuff like that.

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Anonymous is kind of a generalization seeing how its about 98.5% of /b/ population.

but yeah, I think it was Fox 11 had an issue with the 'hackers on steroids' and they covered them hacking through various Myspace accounts, putting, uh, questionable imagery about, and making a bomb threat known well.

And then a while back, there was another bomb threat from /b/ to happen on the morning of Sept 11th '07, in a highschool somewhere in Texas.

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

post-7648-1190425948_thumb.jpg

Anon is too /b/ig for everyone. They just can't handle the win.

And tacgnol vs longcat..?

I STILL SAY THEY WOULD BOTH BLOW UP AND BECOME AN HERO.

Yeah. I need to lurk moar. Whatever. :<

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

(I love how Glowy-boy and I have gone on this tangent about photoshopped cats while everyone else is mourning the loss of Julian's awesome car. XD

We feel for you, MW.)

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

Tacgnolongcat.jpg

Yeah. I need to lurk moar. Whatever. :

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

(I love how Glowy-boy and I have gone on this tangent about photoshopped cats while everyone else is mourning the loss of Julian's awesome car. XD

We feel for you, MW.)

*hands Arkcher The Platinum Moon with Double Gold Star Award for excellence in creativity*

I love that one!!!!

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

We feel for you, MW.)

*hands Arkcher The Platinum Moon with Double Gold Star Award for excellence in creativity*

I love that one!!!!

I do appreciate it, but I didnt make that. n_n;

(And should you be wondering who did, I have no idea.)

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

Tacgnolongcat.jpg

Yeah. I need to lurk moar. Whatever. :

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

We feel for you, MW.)

I love that one!!!!

I do appreciate it, but I didnt make that. n_n;

(And should you be wondering who did, I have no idea.)

:lol: Thanks for admitting you didn't make it. But, please keep the award anyway because you do come up with some really creative stuff that I miss giving you awards for.

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

We feel for you, MW.)

I didn't even see the thing on Julian's car! I can't be b& over that! D:

That one there, with the longcat on fire, is awesome. I have that image as my desktop background. Only, the one without the firecat.

OBVIOUS STATEMENT: I think the the EDiots and the /b/***** are one in the same. =O

I just went on /b/. Some newf...cigarette... posted a chain. And I found it funny. Am I dying?

This is the song that never ends,

Yes, it goes on and on my friends

Some people started singing it not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue singing it forever just because

And they'll continue singing it forever just because...

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

1. Reboot

3. ????

4. Profit!!

x3

Tacgnol vs Longcat!

A challenger appears!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

We feel for you, MW.)

I didn't even see the thing on Julian's car! I can't be b& over that! D:

That one there, with the longcat on fire, is awesome. I have that image as my desktop background. Only, the one without the firecat.

OBVIOUS STATEMENT: I think the the EDiots and the /b/***** are one in the same. =O

I just went on /b/. Some newf...cigarette... posted a chain. And I found it funny. Am I dying?

And they'll continue singing it forever just because...

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

look at the chain letter in my siggy. X]

Woo I have decent grades. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll have all A's this semester. ^_^ That'd make me happy. Even if I just don't get any C's I'll be happy. I'm making the effort this year.

My effort's worse this year and my grades are better. :blink: freaky.

I've got mostly A's, one B right now, but I don't know about my Vet Science grade. I didn't turn one thing in.

*grabs Wolfie and places her in a cage with her Vet Science work*

that is illegal under the thirteenth amendment. =O

I've got mostly A's, one B right now, but I don't know about my Vet Science grade. I didn't turn one thing in.

Hamsters don't have to honour the Amendments.

We make our own rules!

'This is illegal, you know...'

'This is illegal, you know...'

xD!

This PC laptop looks dumber to me each day. It actually argues with itself. :rolleyes: When I leave it idle for long enough it starts to go to sleep, but most times, the screen turns back on and it says "insufficient resources to complete the VPI." I have to log out in order to give it "sufficient resources" to sleep or hibernate, so at least that works. Sometimes. Most of the time when it successfully goes to sleep (as tough as shutting up a crying baby) if you wake it back up the power turns on, but the screen doesn't. :P It refuses to turn on and it is a 50/50 shot if it will go back to sleep when I close the lid, so that I can try again. If it doesn't, I have to force it to power off and then I get to sit through the 10 minutes of it starting up again. <_<

So, fun times. Oh yeah, what's up with this stupid, stupid red little "trackpoint" squashed near the middle of the keyboard? It is the stupidest way ever to move a mouse around. What a useless invention. Slightly more useless than the trackpad "clicking" feature that makes you click on and open random things when moving the mouse because it thinks you're clicking on them when you push down on the pad. Thank goodness you can disable that.

This PC laptop looks dumber to me each day. It actually argues with itself. :rolleyes: When I leave it idle for long enough it starts to go to sleep, but most times, the screen turns back on and it says "insufficient resources to complete the VPI." I have to log out in order to give it "sufficient resources" to sleep or hibernate, so at least that works. Sometimes. Most of the time when it successfully goes to sleep (as tough as shutting up a crying baby) if you wake it back up the power turns on, but the screen doesn't. :P It refuses to turn on and it is a 50/50 shot if it will go back to sleep when I close the lid, so that I can try again. If it doesn't, I have to force it to power off and then I get to sit through the 10 minutes of it starting up again. <_>

So, fun times. Oh yeah, what's up with this stupid, stupid red little "trackpoint" squashed near the middle of the keyboard? It is the stupidest way ever to move a mouse around. What a useless invention. Slightly more useless than the trackpad "clicking" feature that makes you click on and open random things when moving the mouse because it thinks you're clicking on them when you push down on the pad. Thank goodness you can disable that.

*hands Word for Macs to Jesse*

Here put this on your Mac, use that one in your dorm room, then just load it onto the useless PC.

I can put your PC to sleep.

*gets sledge hammer*

It will only take a second.

I HATE THE DENTSIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(on a side note)

I found out I don't have to try out for the track team at my school it's just if you don't have a lot of speed you can't compete at the meets and I have a lot of speed so there is a 70% chance I'll get to run in the spring

:D:D:D:D:D:D

(on a side note)

I found out I don't have to try out for the track team at my school it's just if you don't have a lot of speed you can't compete at the meets and I have a lot of speed so there is a 70% chance I'll get to run in the spring

How wonderful!!!! I am certain you will get to compete.

(on a side note)

How wonderful!!!! I am certain you will get to compete.

Me too.

This PC laptop looks dumber to me each day. It actually argues with itself. :rolleyes: When I leave it idle for long enough it starts to go to sleep, but most times, the screen turns back on and it says "insufficient resources to complete the VPI." I have to log out in order to give it "sufficient resources" to sleep or hibernate, so at least that works. Sometimes. Most of the time when it successfully goes to sleep (as tough as shutting up a crying baby) if you wake it back up the power turns on, but the screen doesn't. :P It refuses to turn on and it is a 50/50 shot if it will go back to sleep when I close the lid, so that I can try again. If it doesn't, I have to force it to power off and then I get to sit through the 10 minutes of it starting up again. <_<

*hands Word for Macs to Jesse*

Here put this on your Mac, use that one in your dorm room, then just load it onto the useless PC.

I can put your PC to sleep.

*gets sledge hammer*

It will only take a second.

I do use my mac in my dorm room, but it is annoying to keep switching to Mac OS X to go online (they don't have a policy key for mac os 9 which is what my iBook is usually in, and you have to install it to get online here).

Oh my gosh...this PC laptop is running a dictatorship on me! It just threw its "automatic updates" window in my face which says it is going to force restart my computer in a few minutes. *force quits it* Phew! I did not feel like...aah! It just came up in another window! And it remembers what time it left off with! Stupid updates! I don't care about you! Don't windows updates actually make more problems for the computer?? I'm going to try logging out to stop this monster.

Nope, logging out didn't help, so I had to sit through the 5-minute startup and then my computer couldn't open applications or find the wireless network for a while as if it forgot where it was. Windows automatic update doesn't get anything but a gaze of pure hatred from me. <_< I hope you're happy, you monster.

*gasp* There's a way to turn it off! *prances off to administrative account to do so*

Nope the option was grayed out still. :rolleyes: Sorry that I've been filling this topic up with microsoft drama. It's a whole new world to me. :P

I would just put it to sleep with the sledge hammer. :lol:

Yes, I was rather tempted. But the laptop is property of the school (it's the only reason why I have it :P ) so I'll try to keep it in good shape. If it doesn't destroy itself in the process.

Apparently it updates every night at 11. Hopefully it will be dumb enough to forget the update if I turn it off before then.

Oh yeah, it still boggles me how Windows can be so dumb as to not notice when a program is ALREADY RUNNING within it. If Windows is running slow for me (which is not by any means a rarity) I might double-click an application twice because I'm thinking the thing was too dumb to have noticed it the first time while it was too busy being slow and dumb. Instead, to my horror it DOES notice, but it was just being slow and dumb, so it catches up eventually and it opens the SAME PROGRAM TWICE. It's so. Stupid. On a mac you open a program, and the computer KNOWS it's running. It even gets grayed out, to your great visual delight. If you try to open it again afterwards, it just brings you to the open application.

Oh! Thanks mac, for making some sense, because SOME operating systems are too busy being all like "look at me! I'm rich and popular and get lots of fancy looking programs, which I never know are running so I'll just open more of the same ones when I'm asked because I'm dumb and I can't handle more than two stupid keys at the same time before I get angry and go BEEEEP! at them, and somehow I get by without doing anything original whatsoever because my dozens of pets, I mean, companies, do all the thinking for me, even though their original ideas are really just useless and totally superfluous features like sticking random red dots in the middle of the keyboard that let you try to move the cursor around with them if you like performing balancing acts with your finger or maybe the click touching trackpad thingy that makes all the programs that your cursor passes over fly open because you were being too manly with the trackpad, or maybe just multiple versions of the same program because again, I can't tell if a program's running already, but I make up for that by providing people with a false sense of security against the tens of thousands of visuses that don't even affect other operating systems, like windows firewall which yells at you for opening anything that's not from Microsoft. Oh yeah, BY MORE OF OUR STUFF! I LOVE YOU ALL, TEEHEE!"

*smacks a baseball through Windows* Oops, that household needs to get a replacement. Too bad. Not like they don't have the money for it for anything.

And another thing, what's up with the control key being used for some of the shortcuts, and the alt key being used for others? Make up your mind, people! And the control key is so far away from the rest of the world, it's like playing octaves on a piano just trying to copy and paste some text. I much, much prefer the mac's command key.

Oh yeah, it still boggles me how Windows can be so dumb as to not notice when a program is ALREADY RUNNING within it. If Windows is running slow for me (which is not by any means a rarity) I might double-click an application twice because I'm thinking the thing was too dumb to have noticed it the first time while it was too busy being slow and dumb. Instead, to my horror it DOES notice, but it was just being slow and dumb, so it catches up eventually and it opens the SAME PROGRAM TWICE. It's so. Stupid. On a mac you open a program, and the computer KNOWS it's running. It even gets grayed out, to your great visual delight. If you try to open it again afterwards, it just brings you to the open application.

Oh! Thanks mac, for making some sense, because SOME operating systems are too busy being all like "look at me! I'm rich and popular and get lots of fancy looking programs, which I never know are running so I'll just open more of the same ones when I'm asked because I'm dumb and I can't handle more than two stupid keys at the same time before I get angry and go BEEEEP! at them, and somehow I get by without doing anything original whatsoever because my dozens of pets, I mean, companies, do all the thinking for me, even though their original ideas are really just useless and totally superfluous features like sticking random red dots in the middle of the keyboard that let you try to move the cursor around with them if you like performing balancing acts with your finger or maybe the click touching trackpad thingy that makes all the programs that your cursor passes over fly open because you were being too manly with the trackpad, or maybe just multiple versions of the same program because again, I can't tell if a program's running already, but I make up for that by providing people with a false sense of security against the tens of thousands of visuses that don't even affect other operating systems, like windows firewall which yells at you for opening anything that's not from Microsoft. Oh yeah, BY MORE OF OUR STUFF! I LOVE YOU ALL, TEEHEE!"

*smacks a baseball through Windows* Oops, that household needs to get a replacement. Too bad. Not like they don't have the money for it for anything.

And another thing, what's up with the control key being used for some of the shortcuts, and the alt key being used for others? Make up your mind, people! And the control key is so far away from the rest of the world, it's like playing octaves on a piano just trying to copy and paste some text. I much, much prefer the mac's command key.

*is so very happy that I am not being tortured by a really dumb Windows program*

yeah, That may not be the OS.

Its probably your hardware.

What kind of computer are you running? (processor, RAM, etc.)

As for Alt and Ctrl...

Ctrl shortcuts are traditionally program/window related. Ctrl+C, copy, Ctrl+V, paste, Ctrl+Esc, start menu, Ctrl+A, Select All, Ctrl N, new, The list goes on. They are more oriented toward works on the focused window/program.

Alt shortcuts are OS-oriented. Alt+F4, close window, alt+tab, switch windows, and... honestly, I dont use Alt shortcuts very often.

On occasion, the program you're running will use both shortcut keys, but by default the aforementioned system is how it works.

I don't think it's the hardware because I've accidentally opened multiples of the same program with several windows computers varying from cheap school ones to a moderate one at home to this apparently high-end laptop. But anyway, it says:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

T7300 @ 2.01 GHz

777 MHz, 1.95 GB of RAM

And Linux...I do not want to deal with switching operating systems, it's not worth it. I really don't use this laptop that much, just internet, email and typing things. I'm just ranting about windows and its stupidities while wondering how this shoddy thing is so popular.

I don't think it's the hardware because I've accidentally opened multiples of the same program with several windows computers varying from cheap school ones to a moderate one at home to this apparently high-end laptop. But anyway, it says:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

T7300 @ 2.01 GHz

777 MHz, 1.95 GB of RAM

And Linux...I do not want to deal with switching operating systems, it's not worth it. I really don't use this laptop that much, just internet, email and typing things. I'm just ranting about windows and its stupidities while wondering how this shoddy thing is so popular.

Popular? I was thinking it was all about the money. People learn to live with it because it is cheap. :lol:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

T7300 @ 2.01 GHz

777 MHz, 1.95 GB of RAM

Popular? I was thinking it was all about the money. People learn to live with it because it is cheap. :lol:

uggh. hate windows. But I have to use it.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

T7300 @ 2.01 GHz

777 MHz, 1.95 GB of RAM

Im not sure how computer-savvy you are, so ask if I confuse you.

You have a dual-core processor, which is better than what I have. and with 2GB of RAM, you should NOT be having any issues at ALL.

My guess is that unless you have some high-powered antivirus and protection of the like, then thats whats slowing you down.

If you reformat your C drive, after backing up your necessary files of course, I assure you that you'll get drastic improvement on your computers performance.

The kind of things you're describing match that of my dads laptop- 350MHz processor, 64MB RAM. some odd 3GB drive. Something highpowered like that should NOT be acting that slow, so get some backups and reformat.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

T7300 @ 2.01 GHz

777 MHz, 1.95 GB of RAM

Windows isnt the cheapest OS.

They're pretty costly, but any distribution of Linux...

0$.

completely free.

every time.

• 1 month later...

Felt like continuing my stupid PC lappy saga. So here's my story from yesterday, it was waking up from hibernation and I accidentally closed it a bit much to grab for a pencil, and it made the computer confused. The screen was black and it wouldn't do anything, so I powered it off and started it back up. And my desktop is totally cramped and there are no colors except for shades of blue. I log out from the shu account (the default one) into my network account (which I managed to get admin privileges on, woohoo!) and one of those stupid speech balloons pops up from the bar at the bottom and goes "your computer bit setting is set very low". Gee, thanks captain obvious :rolleyes: I absolutely HATE those balloons, is there a way to disable them? They say the most stupidest, obvious things and they just SIT THERE blocking the screen and never go away until you tell them to. "OMGz you're connected to the wireless network!" So anyway I reset the resolution and the color bits, which made everything fine except it rearranged my desktop items. <_<

Felt like continuing my stupid PC lappy saga. So here's my story from yesterday, it was waking up from hibernation and I accidentally closed it a bit much to grab for a pencil, and it made the computer confused. The screen was black and it wouldn't do anything, so I powered it off and started it back up. And my desktop is totally cramped and there are no colors except for shades of blue. I log out from the shu account (the default one) into my network account (which I managed to get admin privileges on, woohoo!) and one of those stupid speech balloons pops up from the bar at the bottom and goes "your computer bit setting is set very low". Gee, thanks captain obvious :rolleyes: I absolutely HATE those balloons, is there a way to disable them? They say the most stupidest, obvious things and they just SIT THERE blocking the screen and never go away until you tell them to. "OMGz you're connected to the wireless network!" So anyway I reset the resolution and the color bits, which made everything fine except it rearranged my desktop items. <_>

When you find out how to disable those balloons, please do let me know. On my Mac, I have VMware Fusion and this allows me to run that Microsoft garbage on top of Leopard. I had to buy the XP Home Edition, ( :o:o:o ) and if I didn't need it for work, I would never put money in the Microsoft pockets. Those dumb balloons pop-up for no reason.

Here is your payment in advance... one case of micicles, in various flavours.

I hope you find the answer.

Felt like continuing my stupid PC lappy saga. So here's my story from yesterday, it was waking up from hibernation and I accidentally closed it a bit much to grab for a pencil, and it made the computer confused. The screen was black and it wouldn't do anything, so I powered it off and started it back up. And my desktop is totally cramped and there are no colors except for shades of blue. I log out from the shu account (the default one) into my network account (which I managed to get admin privileges on, woohoo!) and one of those stupid speech balloons pops up from the bar at the bottom and goes "your computer bit setting is set very low". Gee, thanks captain obvious :rolleyes: I absolutely HATE those balloons, is there a way to disable them? They say the most stupidest, obvious things and they just SIT THERE blocking the screen and never go away until you tell them to. "OMGz you're connected to the wireless network!" So anyway I reset the resolution and the color bits, which made everything fine except it rearranged my desktop items. <_<

When you find out how to disable those balloons, please do let me know. On my Mac, I have VMware Fusion and this allows me to run that Microsoft garbage on top of Leopard.

VMware Fusion? Is that like an emulator for windows systems? :huh: I've used virtual PC as an emulator. Or do you have an Intel mac and it is used to boot you into windows?

I had to buy the XP Home Edition, ( :o:o:o )

:o indeed! I'm sure that was a tough purchase for you.

I'll try to find a solution, but it's Microsoft so I have my doubts. Then again, it's Microsoft, so things are easily hackable :P

Felt like continuing my stupid PC lappy saga. So here's my story from yesterday, it was waking up from hibernation and I accidentally closed it a bit much to grab for a pencil, and it made the computer confused. The screen was black and it wouldn't do anything, so I powered it off and started it back up. And my desktop is totally cramped and there are no colors except for shades of blue. I log out from the shu account (the default one) into my network account (which I managed to get admin privileges on, woohoo!) and one of those stupid speech balloons pops up from the bar at the bottom and goes "your computer bit setting is set very low". Gee, thanks captain obvious :rolleyes: I absolutely HATE those balloons, is there a way to disable them? They say the most stupidest, obvious things and they just SIT THERE blocking the screen and never go away until you tell them to. "OMGz you're connected to the wireless network!" So anyway I reset the resolution and the color bits, which made everything fine except it rearranged my desktop items. <_>

When you find out how to disable those balloons, please do let me know. On my Mac, I have VMware Fusion and this allows me to run that Microsoft garbage on top of Leopard.

VMware Fusion? Is that like an emulator for windows systems? :huh: I've used virtual PC as an emulator. Or do you have an Intel mac and it is used to boot you into windows?

I had to buy the XP Home Edition, ( :o:o:o )

:o indeed! I'm sure that was a tough purchase for you.

I'll try to find a solution, but it's Microsoft so I have my doubts. Then again, it's Microsoft, so things are easily hackable :P

Quite right... I have an intel mac. Boot Camp and Virtual PC are very similar, but VMware Fusion is different. But, this really has every thing to do with Leopard. Leopard has Boot Camp, where you can either start up your computer in Windows or OS X. This is a bit of a hassle. If you use VMware Fusion, then you can open a few windows at one time, one being the Windows window, another being the OS X window, for example. VMware Fusion runs your Microsoft program on top of the OS X program. In my opinion, VMware Fusion is much better than using Boot Camp because you don't have to start up your computer in the program you wish to run, you can just open the window of your choice and have Windows and OS X running simultaneously.

Vmware Fusion is quite similar to Virtual PC.

XP Pop-up balloons:

Dont close the bubble pop up things immediately. rather, Click on them and they'll open the associated program or process. Close said associated program or process.

problem solved.

=D

bubbles dont pop up again for me when I do that.

XP Pop-up balloons:

Dont close the bubble pop up things immediately. rather, Click on them and they'll open the associated program or process. Close said associated program or process.

problem solved.

=D

bubbles dont pop up again for me when I do that.

Outstanding! I will try it.

*gives Arkcher a giant My Hero button*

THIS HAS BEEN BOTHERING A LOT.

HOW THE HECK CAN SOMEONE BE SOOOOO STUPID. I STARTED SPANISH I THIS YEAR AND THIS KID HAS FAILED IT TWICE, AND THIS IS HIS THIRD YEAR. WE'RE STILL ON PRETTY BASIC STUFF, AND HE HAS NOOOOOO CLUE WHATS GOING ON. IT FRUSTRATES ME HOW STUPID HE CAN BEEEEEEEEE. GAH.

I can't stand myself right now... my past mistakes, my current mistakes... Mistakes never end, but there's a certain occurence of mistakes that makes you wonder if the names people have called you were true. Heartless *****? Maybe. Just *****? Too open? Don't pay enough attention? Just... mean? Even if more good has been said about me... I'm human enough to always think about te bad things that have happened. Right now would be great to be surrounded by friends. But I've lost that. I only hang out with him, he won't admit he's holding me back from my friends... I wish I hadn't dumped the other a year ago, this is such a recurring thought, it's rediculous. I pretend I'm in love with Julian, but am I? With so many doubts, is it even possible to love someone who I'm constantly fighting with?

10 months. Of dating a guy I like but always have bickered with.

I'm crazy. Or something.

I can't stand myself right now... my past mistakes, my current mistakes... Mistakes never end, but there's a certain occurence of mistakes that makes you wonder if the names people have called you were true. Heartless *****? Maybe. Just *****? Too open? Don't pay enough attention? Just... mean? Even if more good has been said about me... I'm human enough to always think about te bad things that have happened. Right now would be great to be surrounded by friends. But I've lost that. I only hang out with him, he won't admit he's holding me back from my friends... I wish I hadn't dumped the other a year ago, this is such a recurring thought, it's rediculous. I pretend I'm in love with Julian, but am I? With so many doubts, is it even possible to love someone who I'm constantly fighting with?

10 months. Of dating a guy I like but always have bickered with.

I'm crazy. Or something.

You are not crazy or something else.

Unfortunately, when a girl is pretty, intelligent and has lots going for her, even some of her "closest friends" have some jealousy. This is when mean and ugly things are said, usually behind your back (gossip) and sometimes to your face. People are not nice at times and you will find that in life you may only have the number of true friends as the fingers you can count on one hand. And sometimes it is even less... maybe one or two. Quite often these true friends are ones that come when you are in college or even later. If I could tell you to ignore what the gossip mongers are saying and believe in yourself. If I could tell you that some of what is being spread is by people who don't even know you. If I could tell you that these are the insecure, weak people who have nothing else in their lives that are spreading these hurtful words, would you believe me? Please do not let these words get to your soul. When you leave high school, you may or may not hang out with these people again. Some of them you will never see again. You are not the cause of bad things that have happened, don't let this negative verbiage sink into your head.

As for Julian, I cannot say what you should do. What I can do is pose some questions, that only you can answer. Are you going out with him because you think you feel better than being alone? Can you exist as a couple and not fight? Do you have another way to resolve your differences? Are you thinking about an ex-boyfriend only because there is something missing in this relationship?

For me, I could not stand the stress of fighting and could not stay with a guy if we fought. I think that you will come to answer whether or not this is the relationship for you when you stop ignoring what is being said and start looking inside you to see if this guy really makes you happy. It does not matter if you are dating someone or not, you should have time for your friends, some of them may feel like a rag doll that you pick up between boyfriends and you need to make time to see the important people in your life. If you have a few close friends, please take some time away from Julian to keep these friendships dear to your heart.

I am rambling. In short, please ignore those mean, nasty rumours.

• 2 weeks later...
I ate a small piece of paper just now. It was yummy. =D

What did it taste like? :blink:

Well, paper tastes like... um. Well, I don't know. It's interesting. You should try it, just a little piece. XD

I ate a small piece of paper just now. It was yummy. =D

What did it taste like? :blink:

Well, paper tastes like... um. Well, I don't know. It's interesting. You should try it, just a little piece. XD

*gets a small piece of paper and dips it in the blueberry preserves, puts in mouth*

Not bad. Of course, the blueberry preserves masked the paper taste. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where else to put this, but Arkcher can you help me with something? The windows automatic updates are really getting annoying about making me restart my computer and stuff, and I've heard that windows updates can actually harm the computer instead of helping it.... I am the admin over the computer but not the network it is in. When I go to the settings for automatic updates, all the options are grayed out and I can't change anything. Can you think of a way that I can turn off the automatic updates?

I don't know where else to put this, but Arkcher can you help me with something? The windows automatic updates are really getting annoying about making me restart my computer and stuff, and I've heard that windows updates can actually harm the computer instead of helping it.... I am the admin over the computer but not the network it is in. When I go to the settings for automatic updates, all the options are grayed out and I can't change anything. Can you think of a way that I can turn off the automatic updates?

Use a sledge hammer and put it out of it's misery. :lol:

I never bother with the automatic updates, but that is to imply that i know more about them than I think i do. which is to say that I turn them off before they really start, but offhand I dont remember how I did it. XD

So, taking a quick look through my compy, the only thing I see to match your description would be Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Security Center.

[Manage security settings for:] Automatic Updates.

from there, you can choose if you want to get updates from Microsoft or not, if so how frequently, or a few other in-between options (like asking confirmation beforehand).

'That help?

I never bother with the automatic updates, but that is to imply that i know more about them than I think i do. which is to say that I turn them off before they really start, but offhand I dont remember how I did it. XD

So, taking a quick look through my compy, the only thing I see to match your description would be Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Security Center.

[Manage security settings for:] Automatic Updates.

from there, you can choose if you want to get updates from Microsoft or not, if so how frequently, or a few other in-between options (like asking confirmation beforehand).

'That help?

Yes, that's the place I looked at, but the options are grayed out for me, I'm guessing that the school network has control over it somehow. I was hoping there was some backdoor way to turn it off XD

...and, there IS a backdoor way! YES! I DID IT! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ I won the battle over automatic updates!

*ahem* All it took was a google search and sure enough Microsoft tells how to do it 2 alternate ways, either edit the local group policy, or edit the registry. The first one didn't change the setting for me, but I completed the second one successfully by inputing the hexadecimal value "1" into the NoAutoUpdate component thingy. Sure enough when I go to the *chuckle* security center, and open the automatic updates dialog, all the options are still grayed out, but the "Turn off automatic updates" option is the one that is selected. Woohoo! *does a dance* That has been bothering me for the longest time.

...and, there IS a backdoor way! YES! I DID IT! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ I won the battle over automatic updates!

*ahem* All it took was a google search and sure enough Microsoft tells how to do it 2 alternate ways, either edit the local group policy, or edit the registry. The first one didn't change the setting for me, but I completed the second one successfully by inputing the hexadecimal value "1" into the NoAutoUpdate component thingy. Sure enough when I go to the *chuckle* security center, and open the automatic updates dialog, all the options are still grayed out, but the "Turn off automatic updates" option is the one that is selected. Woohoo! *does a dance* That has been bothering me for the longest time.

Thanks for telling me how to do it. When I use VMware Fusion and the Windows XP, I get those annoying updates as well. So, now I know how to get rid of them.

Thanks for telling me how to do it. When I use VMware Fusion and the Windows XP, I get those annoying updates as well. So, now I know how to get rid of them.

Wait, you can't turn it off the normal way either? :blink:

No. It turns off for a little bit and then returns with a vengeance.

Wow, that thing is persistent! Just be careful when you edit the registry, follow the steps they give. Apparently if you mistreat it then it can damage the computer...scary stuff.

Wow, that thing is persistent! Just be careful when you edit the registry, follow the steps they give. Apparently if you mistreat it then it can damage the computer...scary stuff.

:o:o:o

*runs to the Apple Store for help*

• 3 weeks later...

About the annoying balloon things from the taskbar, Arkcher's advice of clicking on the balloons sometimes helped, but the more persistent balloons wouldn't shut up. Luckily Microsoft says how you can also use the registry to turn off the balloons. I had to add my own DWORD thingy but no problems occurred. :) And it worked!

The strange part is that it feels like the computer is running much faster after disabling the balloons. Maybe it took up lots of memory? :huh:

About the annoying balloon things from the taskbar, Arkcher's advice of clicking on the balloons sometimes helped, but the more persistent balloons wouldn't shut up. Luckily Microsoft says how you can also use the registry to turn off the balloons. I had to add my own DWORD thingy but no problems occurred. :) And it worked!

The strange part is that it feels like the computer is running much faster after disabling the balloons. Maybe it took up lots of memory? :huh:

I had the Genius Bar clean out my computer deleting all junk Microsoft stuff that was bogging down my computer. They had spyware, balloons and a variety of other junk that took up way too much memory for a little program. Of course, this was not in my system, but in the Microsoft program that I was using.

I must get this out:

HOLY ICELAND!

Okay then.

So I think I've ranted about this elsewhere but it came up again in yet another survey thingy today. The survey asked how often I did the following:

post-3829-1202788453_thumb.jpg

I fail to see how being a different race, religion, etc. makes you a target for a different perspective in every "serious discussion" you have. I'm not saying those cannot be factors at all, but the survey makes it seem like some sort of requirement; that first off, I can't have a "serious discussion" to its fullest potential if I have it with, say, my roommate instead; and that second, I should feel an obligation to start talking about the death penalty or something if I happen to be with someone with a different background than me in some way or another. I find these questions to be racist, semitic, and other things...because it is using people's backgrounds, and nothing more, when concerning my interactions with others.

Okay then.

So I think I've ranted about this elsewhere but it came up again in yet another survey thingy today. The survey asked how often I did the following:

stupidsurvey.jpg

I fail to see how being a different race, religion, etc. makes you a target for a different perspective in every "serious discussion" you have. I'm not saying those cannot be factors at all, but the survey makes it seem like some sort of requirement; that first off, I can't have a "serious discussion" to its fullest potential if I have it with, say, my roommate instead; and that second, I should feel an obligation to start talking about the death penalty or something if I happen to be with someone with a different background than me in some way or another. I find these questions to be racist, semitic, and other things...because it is using people's backgrounds, and nothing more, when concerning my interactions with others.

I agree. What also aggravates me is when you MUST answer every question in a survey, or else you do not get to wherever it is you were trying to get to in the first place. Some questions are just not answerable.

We had to take a survey at skool once about drugs, violence, etc.

Stepping aside from the fact that they often asked the same exact question twenty times, just worded differently, we were asked to answer honestly. It's hard to answer a question like "Have you ever been seriously depressed/suicidal?" honestly without worrying about getting flagged or put on a list of kids who need to see the counselor.

I hate seeing the counselor and I hate talking to her. And I hate teachers trying to but into my life. If I was depressed once, why should it matter because I'm better now? And the time a teacher read my Journal was enough. Stupid *****.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Stepping aside from the fact that they often asked the same exact question twenty times, just worded differently, we were asked to answer honestly. It's hard to answer a question like "Have you ever been seriously depressed/suicidal?" honestly without worrying about getting flagged or put on a list of kids who need to see the counselor.

I hate seeing the counselor and I hate talking to her. And I hate teachers trying to but into my life. If I was depressed once, why should it matter because I'm better now? And the time a teacher read my Journal was enough. Stupid *****.

:blink::o:blink::o:blink:

A teacher read through your journal????????????????

If I was your parent, they would think the roof just blew off the school.

How dare that teacher do that.

Totally unacceptable in my humble opinion.

Sorry to rant, but you must have been so upset. That journal is private.

That's terrible. They shouldn't force conferences between students and counselors or teachers, the students should be the ones to decide to pay a visit. And the journal thing is horrible - anyone could misinterpret it and come to horribly wrong conclusions. Not to mention that it's, well, for yourself.

On a slightly related note (since it's the appropriate topic), I hate how students get stuck with one specific counselor. Students should be able to switch counselors if they feel uncomfortable with their current ones. Or better yet don't have assigned counselors at all, though that might things a bit disorganized I suppose. Like in my first high school I had a nice counselor freshman year, but the next year they permanently switched me over to a really crabby lady who was hardly in her office and kept confusing me with my brother. <_< At least I got a nice one at the other school after I moved.

This post helped me remember how to spell "counselor". Yay?

:blink::o:blink::o:blink:

A teacher read through your journal????????????????

If I was your parent, they would think the roof just blew off the school.

How dare that teacher do that.

Totally unacceptable in my humble opinion.

Sorry to rant, but you must have been so upset. That journal is private.

And it wasn't just my Journal, either. It was Ice Climber's, VSH's, JR's, Turtle's, Skittle's-it belongs to the A.D. We write our thoughts in it.

Not to mention that I was done with my work when I was writing in it. In The Journal, I have no rules on decency or censorship, because I want members to be able to say what's on their minds. There are ten rules, but they are things like "Don't lose the Journal", and because of our inappropriate language (Like the D word...that's SUCH a bad word) I ended up with a counselor visit. She understood that I wanted my friends to be able to express themselves.

I hate my teachers.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The AStronomy Domine*~*

And it wasn't just my Journal, either. It was Ice Climber's, VSH's, JR's, Turtle's, Skittle's-it belongs to the A.D. We write our thoughts in it.

Even worse. How did the teacher get her hands on it? :blink:

I was writing in it after I completed my work and she took it away.

WHY????? Your work was completed.

WHY????? Your work was completed.

I don't know.

At least she's not my teacher anymore.

Because, Horatio, teachers = communists.

Not one of my French teachers in high school! He said the classroom was a dictatorship. Which I guess is preferable, since at least your stuff is still your own.

Anyway, I had an awkward moment when I was reading this e-mail about community service awards. One of the possible accomplishments that let you get an award was "promoted diversity or pluralism." Does this sound like a good thing to anyone? Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way, but what I see is either 1) people going around asking others to change their heritage, or 2) people going around in a community asking for similar people to leave so that they can "make it more diverse." And I think that kind of logic is going the wrong way with diversity (even if it is not exactly like my imagery). I do not think anything will be solved if the presence of diversity is "promoted". Most, if not all, of the issue lies in the way certain people think, having diversity forced on them will not make things better. Maybe it could make things worse. But I cannot say for sure.

Because, Horatio, teachers = communists.

Not one of my French teachers in high school! He said the classroom was a dictatorship. Which I guess is preferable, since at least your stuff is still your own.

Anyway, I had an awkward moment when I was reading this e-mail about community service awards. One of the possible accomplishments that let you get an award was "promoted diversity or pluralism." Does this sound like a good thing to anyone? Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way, but what I see is either 1) people going around asking others to change their heritage, or 2) people going around in a community asking for similar people to leave so that they can "make it more diverse." And I think that kind of logic is going the wrong way with diversity (even if it is not exactly like my imagery). I do not think anything will be solved if the presence of diversity is "promoted". Most, if not all, of the issue lies in the way certain people think, having diversity forced on them will not make things better. Maybe it could make things worse. But I cannot say for sure.

:blink::o:blink:

The way they wrote that does not sound too good. What I think of when I think diversity is to have cultural affairs where events are created and celebrated by all, that reflect the cultures of various heritages. For example: Cinco de mayo or Oktoberfest. Here are two events that add 'flavour' to a community. Another idea might be an evening of music from Greece or Africa. Or how about a multi-cultural 'music in the park' free afternoon concert.

My mind could not comprehend what direction they were going and this was all I could think of. Most likely, I am not even close.

• 1 month later...

ArRRRGH!!!!!!!

why does some random b*** think I care that they were on vacation when the order to clean the break room fridge came down? if people would throw out their own festering mangos, Maybe the powers that be wouldn't decide the entire fridge needed to be dumped.

and b**** she was, or has society fallen so far that Adressing an woman as Ma'am rather than wait for her to realise her nametag is backwards is impolite?

Fortuneatly for all involved, the manager was in the room...

ArRRRGH!!!!!!!

why does some random b*** think I care that they were on vacation when the order to clean the break room fridge came down? if people would throw out their own festering mangos, Maybe the powers that be wouldn't decide the entire fridge needed to be dumped.

and b**** she was, or has society fallen so far that Adressing an woman as Ma'am rather than wait for her to realise her nametag is backwards is impolite?

Oh yeah... that's why they post a notice that on every Friday evening everything in the break room refrigerator will be dumped into the trash.

If you want your stuff, you need to remember to take it home. No ifs, ands or buts. Great policy as it is laminated and taped to the door. No way you can't see it. :lol:

ArRRRGH!!!!!!!

Oh yeah... that's why they post a notice that on every Friday evening everything in the break room refrigerator will be dumped into the trash.

If you want your stuff, you need to remember to take it home. No ifs, ands or buts. Great policy as it is laminated and taped to the door. No way you can't see it. :lol:

oh, people keep tearing the notes off.. and apparently that individual has a history of interpreting policy in the way that benifits them alone.

ArRRRGH!!!!!!!

oh, people keep tearing the notes off.. and apparently that individual has a history of interpreting policy in the way that benifits them alone.

GRRRRRRRRR.

Amazing how some people feel the world revolves around them. That's why they have a locked glass bulletin board. They post the information behind the glass, lock the door, then only the one person with the key can remove things. You need to have one put there! :lol::lol::lol: