Hampsterdance Discussion Board

The us government

AnimalKidd

is the gov't even touched upon in this topic anymore?

me and my friends were at ann vann today and we were talking about how we were bored and it led to-how life is boring and then how america has a big suicide rate(or w/e) and why and stuff. and then we were talking about taxes and rich people and stuff. we were saying how like in america if u dont go to college ur life is awful. and how were all gonna live on the streets and sell ourselves for food money.

<_<  i hate this world.

(If this was a couple of weeks back Toto would shout at me for this, but....)

Well if your sick of America, why not go somewhere else where your future doesn't solely rely on going to college and getting good grades? You could try New Zealand, Australia (Lee would reccommend this) or GB. Ireland as well, never shall I forget it. For example, after 2 years, at the age of 16, you can leave school and go get a job with up to 11 different qualifications. If you want to go into further education, i.e. A-levels. You can get a further 4 qualifications of any subject. And then of course there are the various university's you can go to. But if you get good grades in just your GCSE's you are fine. Even bad grades are fine, as there are always jobs you can get. It just means you will probably end up living in a council house.

because i dont really care that much about myself...so i dont care if i get a good job and a nice house and all that...

plus i believe everyone and everything and everyPLACE is "messed" up. so no matter wut im gonna hate this world.

and im not upset... not like in tears really sad about this or anything. im very level headed and clam and i can clearly say i hate this world.

:)

You've certainly changed from what you originally were Puppydog....

You're right. If memory serves me right, Sheena's last post left puppydog a bone. At that moment, she acted as the kind puppydog. But soon after Sheena had a definitely long leave, she changed to this version. Either strange coincidence(more likely) or there's a connection. Oh well. Both personalities are great.

I liked Puppydog, brash, outspoken and brilliantly opinionated.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and my friends were at ann vann today and we were talking about how we were bored and it led to-how life is boring and then how america has a big suicide rate(or w/e) and why and stuff. and then we were talking about taxes and rich people and stuff. we were saying how like in america if u dont go to college ur life is awful. and how were all gonna live on the streets and sell ourselves for food money.

<_<  i hate this world.

Well if your sick of America, why not go somewhere else where your future doesn't solely rely on going to college and getting good grades? You could try New Zealand, Australia (Lee would reccommend this) or GB. Ireland as well, never shall I forget it. For example, after 2 years, at the age of 16, you can leave school and go get a job with up to 11 different qualifications. If you want to go into further education, i.e. A-levels. You can get a further 4 qualifications of any subject. And then of course there are the various university's you can go to. But if you get good grades in just your GCSE's you are fine. Even bad grades are fine, as there are always jobs you can get. It just means you will probably end up living in a council house.

because i dont really care that much about myself...so i dont care if i get a good job and a nice house and all that...

plus i believe everyone and everything and everyPLACE is "messed" up. so no matter wut im gonna hate this world.

and im not upset... not like in tears really sad about this or anything. im very level headed and clam and i can clearly say i hate this world.

I care about you. I'm one of those sappy people with nothing to do BUT care about others. Well, if you don't care about material wealth, that's actually kind of cool. You're a nice person. Everyone here cares about you.

This world is messed up. Performance shouldn't matter. It's what's on the inside that counts! Jeez!

You're clam? :D I know what you meant. Hate is a strong word. You just haven't met the right people yet. I say yet, because I believe everyone has something waiting for them. You just have to watch for it.

haha thanks.

.. did i ever mention how bad i am at typing? lol

<_<  i hate this world.

...grown up... "puppydog" was me when i was like 10...

wut i "was"...wut "was" i?

<_<  i hate this world.

You're right. If memory serves me right, Sheena's last post left puppydog a bone. At that moment, she acted as the kind puppydog. But soon after Sheena had a definitely long leave, she changed to this version. Either strange coincidence(more likely) or there's a connection. Oh well. Both personalities are great.

thank you.

and was in Mega Wolf who said the thing before?(i cant read the replied stuff). "the kind puppydog"... excuse me?!? if i were near you id make u pay for that. hows THAT for kind... :angry:

<_<  i hate this world.

thank you.

and was in Mega Wolf who said the thing before?(i cant read the replied stuff). "the kind puppydog"... excuse me?!? if i were near you id make u pay for that. hows THAT for kind... :angry:

Violently kind.

<_<  i hate this world.

I care about you. I'm one of those sappy people with nothing to do BUT care about others. Well, if you don't care about material wealth, that's actually kind of cool. You're a nice person. Everyone here cares about you.

This world is messed up. Performance shouldn't matter. It's what's on the inside that counts! Jeez!

You're clam? :D I know what you meant. Hate is a strong word. You just haven't met the right people yet. I say yet, because I believe everyone has something waiting for them. You just have to watch for it.

haha thanks.

not when I was here. I was tyeasing, friend. :)B)

<_<  i hate this world.

haha thanks.

its all good. im bored. my parents got a big screen. i still cant believe its actually ours.... lol :rolleyes: im bored and uncomfortable...

i just thought of somthing... ;):)

<_<  i hate this world.

haha thanks.

its all good. im bored. my parents got a big screen. i still cant believe its actually ours.... lol :rolleyes: im bored and uncomfortable...

what?

<_<  i hate this world.

haha thanks.

what?

the ONE topic thingy but everyone's slow... :rolleyes:

oh yea... i agreed with the a US senator today....

UGH!! wut a horrible taste that left in my mouth :o

<_<  i hate this world.

haha thanks.

what?

the ONE topic thingy but everyone's slow... :rolleyes:

...YOU, of all people, actually agreed with a politician?

• 3 weeks later...

the ONE topic thingy but everyone's slow...  :rolleyes:

okay no, but it felt weird.

The sudden sensation of wanting to vomit? I get that a lot when I hear politicans talk.

yes, i kno. i almost killed myself. :rolleyes: okay no, but it felt weird.

Most politicians are there just to pretend to be smart. I honestly think that nearly everyone in this world is a moron, with the exception of the smart people who can overlook peoples' faults and think of the fact that everyone has them. And that includes themselves.

Most politicians are there just to pretend to be smart. I honestly think that nearly everyone in this world is a moron, with the exception of the smart people who can overlook peoples' faults and think of the fact that everyone has them. And that includes themselves.

politions use big words and long sentences so ur forget their liars. people are slow and totally fall for it. :rolleyes:

politions use big words and long sentences so ur forget their liars. people are slow and totally fall for it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, people can't register what the politicians are really saying.

I can. That doesn't mean I enjoy it, but I do.

people are really stupid...

Yeah, most people just look for big words or if voting is involved they copy their parents.

Yeah, most people just look for big words or if voting is involved they copy their parents.

Or they just vote according to what party they're in. :rolleyes:

The party that they copied off of their parents, most likely. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

haha yea i HATE that! like my best friend supports bush... cuz her dad does...

Yeah, here's a conversation at school, during Scholastic voting. Basically a poll to see how many people who. Some people were being funny and typed in Michael Jackson. :lol:

Okay, convo,

Person: Vote for Bush.

Me: Why?

Person: Because he's cool.

San Diego County Republicans. Their votes pretty much don't count in the elections, anyways.

like misunderestimated?

Yeah, here's a conversation at school, during Scholastic voting. Basically a poll to see how many people who. Some people were being funny and typed in Michael Jackson. :lol:

Okay, convo,

San Diego County Republicans. Their votes pretty much don't count in the elections, anyways.

:lol: Has anybody told them that? :lol:

Okay, convo,

:lol: Has anybody told them that? :lol:

They wouldn't get it. :lol:

like misunderestimated?

Yes. Fake words like that.

like misunderestimated?

That word is something that sounds like it came from Bush as is this;

"A Dokumentally expoxing Michael Moore as a weiner"

like misunderestimated?

That word is something that sounds like it came from Bush as is this;

"A Dokumentally expoxing Michael Moore as a weiner"

hehe, dokumentally.

• 1 month later...

politions use big words and long sentences

like misunderestimated?

How about 'anthropomorphism' or, allegedly the longest non-science based word in the English language 'antidisestablishmentarianism'.

The first one to tell me the correct definition of both words gets a special, limited edition, 'Brain box of the year LAFTA' B) :awrk: B)

Anthropomorphism -

The attribution of human characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects.

Antidisestablishmentarianism -

Believing that there should be an official church of a country.

like misunderestimated?

How about 'anthropomorphism' or, allegedly the longest non-science based word in the English language 'antidisestablishmentarianism'.

The first one to tell me the correct definition of both words gets a special, limited edition, 'Brain box of the year LAFTA' B) :awrk: B)

-glomps teh Sheena without any regard to the rest of this topic- =D

I Arkcher, great to talk to you again. How's things?

Sorry I didn't understand your reply, but 'antidisestablishment' has a political basis :o :awrk: :o

Haha. You said I Arkcher.

anyway.

Things is great. and has been uneventful without the Sheena person of partial moderator-y goodness. but Now you're here and TGHL and maybe other people shall rejoice. =D

like misunderestimated?

Anthropomorphism -

The attribution of human characteristics, or behavior to inanimate objects.

Antidisestablishmentarianism -

Believing that there should be an official church of a country.

I could have told you the first one. Star fox and all of his compadres are anthropomorphics. I didn't know the second, and i didn't use the dictionary. :lol:

Just thought, does anyone know if there is a word equivalent to 'anthropamorphism', but the other way around, ie putting animal traits on humans, eg me being a penguin, Jesse being a wolf?............

...................And if any of you do know, but have been taking lesons in answering this type of question from Horatio ( :lol: ), please tell me, 'cos I don't :(  :awrk:  :(

msihpromaporhtna. :lol:

Just thought, does anyone know if there is a word equivalent to 'anthropamorphism', but the other way around, ie putting animal traits on humans, eg me being a penguin, Jesse being a wolf?............

...................And if any of you do know, but have been taking lesons in answering this type of question from Horatio ( :lol: ), please tell me, 'cos I don't :(  :awrk:  :(

*gets mirror*

*gets mirror*

I think the letters would be in the right order, but they would be backwards themselves.

*gets mirror*

I think the letters would be in the right order, but they would be backwards themselves.

*puts on special glasses*

I beleive Zoomorphism is the proper term but F~y is often used coliquially.

edited by Lexxscrapham's alter ego: Let's not open that box until we have to.

Very clever, I supposed I walked straight into that one didn't I :P :awrk: :P .

I suppose. :lol: You could actually pronounce that and it would sound like a real word if you didn't have that first m.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes you outdo yourself Lexxscrapham!!!

Sometimes you outdo yourself Lexxscrapham!!!

of course, it occours to me that by not saying the word, I may be making a far bigger issue of it than the word itself would.

Ineterestinly enough those idiots who call themselves the US senators in charge of investigating The Oil-for-Food Iraqi program are now having another go at George Galloway. Are they stupid or do they really want to get beaten up verbally.... again?

No, they are just providing entertainment for the American public.

Ineterestinly enough those idiots who call themselves the US senators in charge of investigating The Oil-for-Food Iraqi program are now having another go at George Galloway. Are they stupid or do they really want to get beaten up verbally.... again?

Be careful with that phrase Horatio, the American public can be interpreted as many different things as there seems to be a many great different American publics. The American public that is always welcoming and accepting of tourists and then there's the American public that consists of Hillbillys and shotguns that go "get off my land."

Anyway, I look forward to the latest installment of Galloway suing the US senate as its always funny to see a senator from the heart of Republican America shrink in his seat as he gets lectured by a mad, "Respect" Party MP with foam at the corners of his mouth. Interestingly enough 5 news (the ones on the terristeal television i.e. non-digital, who seem to have a never ending Nazi documentry series and no one ever watches, except evidently my parents who forgot to change the channel after running away from a soap opera) ran a story on a variation of the Baptist church run by a man who stands everwhere with a placquard in his hand and actually praised the lord for 9/11. The story basically covered a BBC undercover story (yes, notice how the BBC got there first and Channel 5 lag in behind) on the church in which the aforementioned head of church said; "My only regret about the London Bombings was that it did not kill a million people" and of course he later went on to put a giant ceremonial turd on top of the stinking pile of redneck stupidity he said in reply to a question about what his feelings about the victims; "I'm very glad those English people were killed, I hate the lot of them, they've lost their faith and they deserve to be punished, every last one." Stick this through an accent only 200 years on inbreeding could have produced and add on the kind of person who goes on Jerry Springer for the KKK anniversary edition and you get the picture. I'm going to move this up to the Religon forum, but it refers to the US government so I thought I'd mention it. Guess what George Bush had to say;

"INVADE IRAN!" Ok, he didn't, but he didn't say anything. At all. SO for all Bush's policy on cracking down on Muslim extremists, he doesn't seem to be cracking down on Christian extremists and instead prefers to cower behind the first ammendment, but considering the constitution doesn't seem to mean much to the government anymore, only to people who like protesting against "those namby-pamby liberals who'd take away my bazooka." And for those who like to go to bed with the second ammendment (i.e. gimmie guns), hasn't it occured to you that if you keep on going this way allowing a crazy person to go ballistic with a Soviet Rifle, that eventually when someone tries to disarm everyone and people want disarming, its going to be impossible because everyone has laser-guided, heat seeking missiles stored in the back of their pick-up truck! Every gang, hillbilly and Texan senator (Bush) is going to have their own personal arnsenal and can probably take down the National Guard with just themselves and the wife. Anything else I can rant about... Oh yes, the constitution itself. Its 200 years old, no updates or changes have been made and it has been abused and mistreated throughout American History. Ok, fine, it was good in the beginning when America was just a fledgling nation and still had internal problems, but now? In the real world where America has changed drasticaly since even the end of the cold war! And also, the senate love abusing the constitution as do the Supreme Court who maybe the ultimate law, but who do they answer to, not each other certainly because they all know each other from Yale and Stansbury and work in each others businesses and with Dick Cherny. Take Roosevelt for example and his work after the Depression. The Alphabet agencies which helped everyone get out of the depression and on its feet again, only to have a largely Republican (for some reason Roosevlet was seen as a Democrat amongst the Republican party) SUpreme COurt force the closure of most of them, sending all the people it helped back into poverty because it was "unconstitutional." HA! The only one that really survived was the TVA (tenessee valley authority) and that was put into the Hillbilly senator's control. Seriously, you need to update the constitution or get rid of it and start a different system.

SHould I finish there? Nah, one last thing.

This goes for any backers of the Bush administration. STop being Isolationist AND Interfering at the same time! Honestly, you're neither one or the other. When it comes to the rest of the 1st World, i.e. the EU, Russia, Japan etc. you are Isolationist and in Russia and the EU's case you hate us! Russia gets criticised for setting up a government backed broadcaster (we have and it is now the world's most reliable and accurate when it comes to news, unlike CNN and Sky... ooh... how I hate them) and you might as well label the EU part of the Axis of Evil the way you keep attacking it. That leads me onto the second part, stop labelling any countries that speak out against you part of the Axis of Evil. Korea, Axis of Evil. Iran, Axis of Evil. Venezula, axis of evil. China, Axis of Evil. France, Axis of Evil. Belgium, Axis of Evil. Canada, Axis of Evil. Can you not get a grip!?!??! America and France used to be best of allies, but ever since you annoyed them in WWI and WWII (on both counts waiting until most French soldiers were dead and then stepping in and nicking all the glory, although admittedly we may not have survived WWI without those extra troops), they hate you for being so Republican prone and you hate them for being so Anti-American and a voice for the Middle East. Ye chickens. ANd then comes the interfering bit. WHy bother? NONE OF THESE COUNTRIES ARE THREATS TO YOU! The Gulf War 2.0 was illegal by UN law. Korean War, well done you split the country in half. Vietnam, don't get me started. Either join up fully with the UN and then interfer legally or stay the moose's way out of international politics. And congratulations Republicans, you are responsible for the USA getting black listed for the only country not to sign up to the Internation law on the rights of the Child, human beings and ICBM restrictions along with your long time Buddies Syria. How proud you must be.

Be careful with that phrase Horatio, the American public can be interpreted as many different things as there seems to be a many great different American publics. The American public that is always welcoming and accepting of tourists and then there's the American public that consists of Hillbillys and shotguns that go "get off my land."

Anyway, I look forward to the latest installment of Galloway suing the US senate as its always funny to see a senator from the heart of Republican America shrink in his seat as he gets lectured by a mad, "Respect" Party MP with foam at the corners of his mouth. Interestingly enough 5 news (the ones on the terristeal television i.e. non-digital, who seem to have a never ending Nazi documentry series and no one ever watches, except evidently my parents who forgot to change the channel after running away from a soap opera) ran a story on a variation of the Baptist church run by a man who stands everwhere with a placquard in his hand and actually praised the lord for 9/11. The story basically covered a BBC undercover story (yes, notice how the BBC got there first and Channel 5 lag in behind) on the church in which the aforementioned head of church said; "My only regret about the London Bombings was that it did not kill a million people" and of course he later went on to put a giant ceremonial turd on top of the stinking pile of redneck stupidity he said in reply to a question about what his feelings about the victims; "I'm very glad those English people were killed, I hate the lot of them, they've lost their faith and they deserve to be punished, every last one." Stick this through an accent only 200 years on inbreeding could have produced and add on the kind of person who goes on Jerry Springer for the KKK anniversary edition and you get the picture. I'm going to move this up to the Religon forum, but it refers to the US government so I thought I'd mention it. Guess what George Bush had to say;

"INVADE IRAN!" Ok, he didn't, but he didn't say anything. At all. SO for all Bush's policy on cracking down on Muslim extremists, he doesn't seem to be cracking down on Christian extremists and instead prefers to cower behind the first ammendment, but considering the constitution doesn't seem to mean much to the government anymore, only to people who like protesting against "those namby-pamby liberals who'd take away my bazooka." And for those who like to go to bed with the second ammendment (i.e. gimmie guns), hasn't it occured to you that if you keep on going this way allowing a crazy person to go ballistic with a Soviet Rifle, that eventually when someone tries to disarm everyone and people want disarming, its going to be impossible because everyone has laser-guided, heat seeking missiles stored in the back of their pick-up truck! Every gang, hillbilly and Texan senator (Bush) is going to have their own personal arnsenal and can probably take down the National Guard with just themselves and the wife. Anything else I can rant about... Oh yes, the constitution itself. Its 200 years old, no updates or changes have been made and it has been abused and mistreated throughout American History. Ok, fine, it was good in the beginning when America was just a fledgling nation and still had internal problems, but now? In the real world where America has changed drasticaly since even the end of the cold war! And also, the senate love abusing the constitution as do the Supreme Court who maybe the ultimate law, but who do they answer to, not each other certainly because they all know each other from Yale and Stansbury and work in each others businesses and with Dick Cherny. Take Roosevelt for example and his work after the Depression. The Alphabet agencies which helped everyone get out of the depression and on its feet again, only to have a largely Republican (for some reason Roosevlet was seen as a Democrat amongst the Republican party) SUpreme COurt force the closure of most of them, sending all the people it helped back into poverty because it was "unconstitutional." HA! The only one that really survived was the TVA (tenessee valley authority) and that was put into the Hillbilly senator's control. Seriously, you need to update the constitution or get rid of it and start a different system.

SHould I finish there? Nah, one last thing.

This goes for any backers of the Bush administration. STop being Isolationist AND Interfering at the same time! Honestly, you're neither one or the other. When it comes to the rest of the 1st World, i.e. the EU, Russia, Japan etc. you are Isolationist and in Russia and the EU's case you hate us! Russia gets criticised for setting up a government backed broadcaster (we have and it is now the world's most reliable and accurate when it comes to news, unlike CNN and Sky... ooh... how I hate them) and you might as well label the EU part of the Axis of Evil the way you keep attacking it. That leads me onto the second part, stop labelling any countries that speak out against you part of the Axis of Evil. Korea, Axis of Evil. Iran, Axis of Evil. Venezula, axis of evil. China, Axis of Evil. France, Axis of Evil. Belgium, Axis of Evil. Canada, Axis of Evil. Can you not get a grip!?!??! America and France used to be best of allies, but ever since you annoyed them in WWI and WWII (on both counts waiting until most French soldiers were dead and then stepping in and nicking all the glory, although admittedly we may not have survived WWI without those extra troops), they hate you for being so Republican prone and you hate them for being so Anti-American and a voice for the Middle East. Ye chickens. ANd then comes the interfering bit. WHy bother? NONE OF THESE COUNTRIES ARE THREATS TO YOU! The Gulf War 2.0 was illegal by UN law. Korean War, well done you split the country in half. Vietnam, don't get me started. Either join up fully with the UN and then interfer legally or stay the moose's way out of international politics. And congratulations Republicans, you are responsible for the USA getting black listed for the only country not to sign up to the Internation law on the rights of the Child, human beings and ICBM restrictions along with your long time Buddies Syria. How proud you must be.

Long post. And I agree with every word of it. o.O

I got so worked up by that post that I ended up sending an e-mail to Rice's PR person asking it to forward it to the secretary of State herself. It went on for a couple of pages along the same lines as above and I have yet to recieve a reply. So much for PR then.

*notes TGHL's name has been added to The Enemy of the State List*

I got so worked up by that post that I ended up sending an e-mail to Rice's PR person asking it to forward it to the secretary of State herself. It went on for a couple of pages along the same lines as above and I have yet to recieve a reply. So much for PR then.

You mean I am now part of the Axis of Evil? :lol: Rather ironic really since that was what I was heckling her about for most of it.

You mean I am now part of the Axis of Evil? :lol: Rather ironic really since that was what I was heckling her about for most of it.

You know the old saying... keep your enemies close. :lol:

*reads on the government website what TGHL had for breakfast*

MI5 and MI6 have websites, you can apply through them.... Although techinically MI6 is called SIS.

MI5 and MI6 have websites, you can apply through them.... Although techinically MI6 is called SIS.

I am not the enemy... our Secretary of State has you in her sights.

Didn't know if you read an Scottish newspapers, but there is a good article on your friend George Galloway.

Didn't know if you read an Scottish newspapers, but there is a good article on your friend George Galloway.

She doesn't scare me! much...

Don't really get many of them down here in Yorkshire, you get everything else including some Socalist and Communist newspapers but beyond the Tabloids, Broadsheets and locals we don't get other regionals.

Don't really get many of them down here in Yorkshire, you get everything else including some Socalist and Communist newspapers but beyond the Tabloids, Broadsheets and locals we don't get other regionals.

So she does scare you! :lol:

We don't get the physical papers here, we go online for them. :lol:

Only because she has a nuclear arsenal

Really?

Really?

So the nuclear arsenal worries you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you agree with the evil cleric, but you also agree that he should be shot?

I meant that I agree with all of your views on america, at least all the ones mentioned in that post.

Excellent word choice THC, maximum amount of caution combined with maximum amount of expressing your opinion. You should have an award for that. What to call it.....

Hmmm...

The Political Accuracy Award sounds dull....

Here have the Ignoble prize for speech. Sounds much better doesn't it?

Really?

So the nuclear arsenal worries you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You try having over 1,000 ICBMs pointing at you and see how you feel.

You didn't answer my question Horatio.

Incidentally, has anyone been keeping tabs on the Iranian situation recently? Seems as if they are about to be invaded what with that idiot of a President's comments about Israel and his habit of alienating the only people who will be against invasion, Europe. Russia is edging away from backing Tehran as well, even though they started off that way, the Kremlin is edging ever further from Iran as it comes up against the firing line. I can't understand everyone's obsessions with having Nuclear weapons. Oh yes, we can use them to stop wars against us, but of course we can use them in wars against everyone else. You can easily destroy cities, countries and armies without damaging the environment the way a nuclear bomb does. Take the sun for example, somewhere like Iran recieves a lot of sunlight, so why not focus the light and use it in the same way kids do we magnifying glasses? Solves the problem with almost no environmental effects and you can write on the WHite House's front garden;

"I'm watching you..."

You know the old saying... keep your enemies close.

:lol:

We don't get the physical papers here, we go online for them.

Really?

So the nuclear arsenal worries you? :lol:

You try having over 1,000 ICBMs pointing at you and see how you feel.

You didn't answer my question Horatio.

Incidentally, has anyone been keeping tabs on the Iranian situation recently? Seems as if they are about to be invaded what with that idiot of a President's comments about Israel and his habit of alienating the only people who will be against invasion, Europe. Russia is edging away from backing Tehran as well, even though they started off that way, the Kremlin is edging ever further from Iran as it comes up against the firing line. I can't understand everyone's obsessions with having Nuclear weapons. Oh yes, we can use them to stop wars against us, but of course we can use them in wars against everyone else. You can easily destroy cities, countries and armies without damaging the environment the way a nuclear bomb does. Take the sun for example, somewhere like Iran recieves a lot of sunlight, so why not focus the light and use it in the same way kids do we magnifying glasses? Solves the problem with almost no environmental effects and you can write on the WHite House's front garden;

"I'm watching you..."

What an excellent comment!

*chuckles*

The ICMBs are not pointing at Florida, so no worries there. (Just kidding,) Iran is a very scary situation.

Your method of using the sun is a great idea. After you manage to write the message, I will come and bail you out of jail. :lol:

I will return after moderating all the posts.

So you agree with the evil cleric, but you also agree that he should be shot?

I meant that I agree with all of your views on america, at least all the ones mentioned in that post.

Excellent word choice THC, maximum amount of caution combined with maximum amount of expressing your opinion. You should have an award for that. What to call it.....

Hmmm...

The Political Accuracy Award sounds dull....

Here have the Ignoble prize for speech. Sounds much better doesn't it?

yes, it does. very eloquent. I worded it that way because I wasn't completely sure of all of your opinions about america, so I didin't want to say something false. However, listing all of the opinions in the post would have taken to much time. Why do that when you can summarize it all in one sentence. You made it sound as if I was trying to please everyone but not diagree with anyone, by utilizing caution and expression together. I dunno, It just sounded like you thought I was playing polotician. I don't want to do that. *goes to edit siggy*

*chuckles*

The ICMBs are not pointing at Florida, so no worries there.  (Just kidding,)  Iran is a very scary situation. 

Your method of using the sun is a great idea.  After you manage to write the message, I will come and bail you out of jail.  :lol:

Thank you.

You never know, some people in California want to split off from the US completely maybe that will cause Bush to try and blow up CA, but get the wrong side of the country and go for Florida instead. It is and the President is getting rapidly on my nerves.

No need, any CIA, NSA or other agencies that come after me will get... mysteriously sunburnt....

*chuckles*

The ICMBs are not pointing at Florida, so no worries there.  (Just kidding,)  Iran is a very scary situation. 

Your method of using the sun is a great idea.   After you manage to write the message, I will come and bail you out of jail.   :lol:

Thank you.

You never know, some people in California want to split off from the US completely maybe that will cause Bush to try and blow up CA, but get the wrong side of the country and go for Florida instead. It is and the President is getting rapidly on my nerves.

No need, any CIA, NSA or other agencies that come after me will get... mysteriously sunburnt....

Who wants to split off from America? Boy, that would be an economically horrible idea, probably. o_O

*chuckles*

Your method of using the sun is a great idea.  After you manage to write the message, I will come and bail you out of jail.  :lol:

Thank you.

Who wants to split off from America? Boy, that would be an economically horrible idea, probably. o_O

Some friends of mine in San Diego and Los Angeles were talking about a growing number of people who want to California to distance itself further and further from the main US body and eventually become seperate. It would be stupid, like Wales and Scotland becoming independant.

*chuckles*

Your method of using the sun is a great idea.   After you manage to write the message, I will come and bail you out of jail.   :lol:

Thank you.

Some friends of mine in San Diego and Los Angeles were talking about a growing number of people who want to California to distance itself further and further from the main US body and eventually become seperate. It would be stupid, like Wales and Scotland becoming independant.

Separating from a country would be incredibly stupid. Unless it was to split off from an idiotic president causing the economy to only worsen, then in that case it may be good idea. But then people would regret it later.

*chuckles*

Thank you.

Separating from a country would be incredibly stupid. Unless it was to split off from an idiotic president causing the economy to only worsen, then in that case it may be good idea. But then people would regret it later.

It turns out that these people also want to physically split from the US and sail off and park somewhere in the Pacific. Which tells you everything you need to know about those people.

*chuckles*

Thank you.

It turns out that these people also want to physically split from the US and sail off and park somewhere in the Pacific. Which tells you everything you need to know about those people.

Wow... So are these people morons or just extremely delusional?

*chuckles*

Thank you.

Wow... So are these people morons or just extremely delusional?

Both I'd say.

*blinks* What are they going to do, pull at the california plate and push it away? :rolleyes: Wow...

*blinks* What are they going to do, pull at the california plate and push it away? :rolleyes: Wow...

Yes, they are scientifically going to cause the earthquakes! And destroy entire cities! :lol:

Yes, they are scientifically going to cause the earthquakes! And destroy entire cities! :lol:

Imagine the ability to roam about though... "Hmm... I'll just pull away from this here landmass and park next to... where should I park? Australia? How about we have a white Christmas this year and go to Antarctica?"

Imagine the ability to roam about though... "Hmm... I'll just pull away from this here landmass and park next to... where should I park? Australia? How about we have a white Christmas this year and go to Antarctica?"

I mean seriously, what're they going to do, move California onto a moving platform so we can have sunny or snowy weather all year round?

I mean seriously, what're they going to do, move California onto a moving platform so we can have sunny or snowy weather all year round?

Maybe you could become a pirate nation raiding other countries and stealing their loot?

Maybe you could become a pirate nation raiding other countries and stealing their loot?

The most simple way to cause the next world war.

I thought the easiest way would have been to launch a nuke at China.

Indeed. Y'know what? If China started a war, they would have almost an endless supply of troops, wouldn't they?

Indeed. Y'know what? If China started a war, they would have almost an endless supply of troops, wouldn't they?

They have the largest air force and foot soldiers in the world, but America has the largest mechanized and space forces in the world. Unfortunately the majority of the US Army has the skill of an untrained baboon in a bag. They shoot at anything that moves, be it a British armoured convoy, two Italian secret agents escorting an escaped hostage or a French helicopter. They also seem to be unable to operate on anything but endless miles of tarmac or alternatively somewhere where they can hold daily parades. Sorry, but the Armed forces of the United States are annoying me. At the minute our standard troops have a better record in the field than the Green Berets of the US Marines, that bad!

• 3 weeks later...

New issue; Freedoms, rights and liberties in the USA

This is a subject that fascinates me, as the adminsitration would like to say that America is the country of freedoms. Unfortunately the administration has yet to sign the UN human rights convention or the rights of the human child, placing it with Syria on the UN's lists of rights. But, then again despite the FCC's restriction of the English Language and the habit of men on steroids and in black suits giving you the impression that a gorilla has been shaved and stuck in a suit coming round to your house if you say "Bush=trained Baboon" America has the most extreme rights in the world, with prostiution being legal and the right to carry a AK-47 or trophy weapon taken from the hands of a slain Italian secret agent. So, while the administration likes keeping the basics ammenities away and out of reach with media control, media bias, forcing Moore under ground and the NSA, it is all for whores, gun crime and the highest teenage suicide rate in the world. Any comments on the summary?

This is a subject that fascinates me, as the adminsitration would like to say that America is the country of freedoms. Unfortunately the administration has yet to sign the UN human rights convention or the rights of the human child, placing it with Syria on the UN's lists of rights. But, then again despite the FCC's restriction of the English Language and the habit of men on steroids and in black suits giving you the impression that a gorilla has been shaved and stuck in a suit coming round to your house if you say "Bush=trained Baboon" America has the most extreme rights in the world, with prostiution being legal and the right to carry a AK-47 or trophy weapon taken from the hands of a slain Italian secret agent. So, while the administration likes keeping the basics ammenities away and out of reach with media control, media bias, forcing Moore under ground and the NSA, it is all for whores, gun crime and the highest teenage suicide rate in the world. Any comments on the summary?

:unsure::blink::unsure:

*watches*

In History, I am currently studying the constitution and I've noted a few unconstitutional laws... and that's just by looking at the Bill of Rights(first 10 amendments to the constitution).

I did a speech supporting gun control in 8th grade. I found out some pretty nasty stuff. Guns are the biggest killers of teens in america, right behind car crashes. There are around 2 million gun deaths in america each year. Also some people argue that they need a gun in the house to protect themselves from robbers. However, only a smalll fraction of the time does this actually work. pulling a gun on a robber usually makes them just shoot you. A gun in the home is almost always used for murder, not protection

Also, I believe prostitution should be illegal as well. It just spreads STDs to many people.

The presidents are usually to self-centered, lazy, and in the office for self gain, not for the country. So if some treaty makes their job harder, they wont sign it.

In History, I am currently studying the constitution and I've noted a few unconstitutional laws... and that's just by looking at the Bill of Rights(first 10 amendments to the constitution).

Intresting how the constitutional laws somehow get blocked by certain people in the Supreme Court, but others that are unconstituional get passed. And by that I am refering to the Supreme Court's habit of blocking FDR's alphabet agencies because the Republicans had managed to get a majority and when FDR tried to make things more balanced by putting a democrat in the little rascals decided to get an uproar in place. Then WWII came along and FDR's mind was diverted onto keeping America out of the war and keeping Churchill thinking that they were going to come.

I did a speech supporting gun control in 8th grade.  I found out some pretty nasty stuff.  Guns are the biggest killers of teens in america, right behind car crashes.  There are around 2 million gun deaths in america each year.  Also some people argue that they need a gun in the house to protect themselves from robbers.  However, only a smalll fraction of the time does this actually work.  pulling a gun on a robber usually makes them just shoot you.  A gun in the home is almost always used for murder, not protection

Also, I believe prostitution should be illegal as well.  It just spreads STDs to many people. 

The presidents are usually to self-centered, lazy, and in the office for self gain, not for the country.  So if some treaty makes their job harder, they wont sign it.

gun control=use both hands.

the whole reason for the second amendment is so, when necessary the People can defend their freedom with force, if that happens to involve removing the current administration from office, so be it. that is why the US, overall, is one of the more stable ones politically.

Illegal activites cannot be reguated. where prostitution is legal, it is in their own best intrest to stay clean, where it is illegal, they can usually count on people forgetting the details of how they contracted the disease.

I did a speech supporting gun control in 8th grade.  I found out some pretty nasty stuff.  Guns are the biggest killers of teens in america, right behind car crashes.  There are around 2 million gun deaths in america each year.  Also some people argue that they need a gun in the house to protect themselves from robbers.  However, only a smalll fraction of the time does this actually work.  pulling a gun on a robber usually makes them just shoot you.  A gun in the home is almost always used for murder, not protection

Also, I believe prostitution should be illegal as well.  It just spreads STDs to many people. 

The presidents are usually to self-centered, lazy, and in the office for self gain, not for the country.  So if some treaty makes their job harder, they wont sign it.

the whole reason for the second amendment is so, when necessary the People can defend their freedom with force, if that happens to involve removing the current administration from office, so be it. that is why the US, overall, is one of the more stable ones politically.

Illegal activites cannot be reguated. where prostitution is legal, it is in their own best intrest to stay clean, where it is illegal, they can usually count on people forgetting the details of how they contracted the disease.

I think that it backs up my idea of extreme rights. You have the right to shoot anyone provided you can come up with a legitimate reason for it. You do not have the right to say religon should play no part in politics on the radio, TV or anything else for that matter.

Guest Skwerlhugger Will

I think that it backs up my idea of extreme rights. You have the right to shoot anyone provided you can come up with a legitimate reason for it. You do not have the right to say religon should play no part in politics on the radio, TV or anything else for that matter.

good point but their is never a legidament reason to take away a life.

Sorry, the board doesn't really convey sarcasam very well. The point is that you can say that you can come up with any reason you want and there is no way of proving or disproving it without CCTV, even Forensics can't go that far.

Incidentally, up until 5 seconds ago I would have been against an invasion of Iran by a Western coalition. Now, I am not so sure after the Iranian president said that the holocaust did not exist and was just a myth created by those Western pig-dogs to force a Jewish homeland on the Middle East. I think he just blew his chance of not having his country invaded, because a comment like that just makes everyone who tried to resume nuclear talks (EU and Canada) exceptionally angry and gets out their pitchforks and flaming torches (in this case, SCUD Missile launches and SAM mobile platfroms). I don't really want to see a Western invasion of Iran, but if I had the unfortuante mispleasure of meeting the Iranian dictator, I would possibly punch him in his nose, sneak in a quick kick and then dodge a few bullets that would be coming my way from the Iranian Secret Service. Seriously, I am that annoyed with him.

Sorry, the board doesn't really convey sarcasam very well. The point is that you can say that you can come up with any reason you want and there is no way of proving or disproving it without CCTV, even Forensics can't go that far.

Incidentally, up until 5 seconds ago I would have been against an invasion of Iran by a Western coalition. Now, I am not so sure after the Iranian president said that the holocaust did not exist and was just a myth created by those Western pig-dogs to force a Jewish homeland on the Middle East. I think he just blew his chance of not having his country invaded, because a comment like that just makes everyone who tried to resume nuclear talks (EU and Canada) exceptionally angry and gets out their pitchforks and flaming torches (in this case, SCUD Missile launches and SAM mobile platfroms). I don't really want to see a Western invasion of Iran, but if I had the unfortuante mispleasure of meeting the Iranian dictator, I would possibly punch him in his nose, sneak in a quick kick and then dodge a few bullets that would be coming my way from the Iranian Secret Service. Seriously, I am that annoyed with him.

*sends TGHL some bullet proof armour*

Are you advocating the assault on an Iranian dictator, Horatio? Or is this like Switzerland again?

Are you advocating the assault on an Iranian dictator, Horatio? Or is this like Switzerland again?

Totally a non-violent hamster. I am just protecting my Phoenix friend from a certain death if you do anything without armour.

Totally a non-violent hamster. I am just protecting my Phoenix friend from a certain death if you do anything without armour.

So non-violent and neutral like Sweden. And you spelt armour right, not armor which sounds and looks too much like the french for love for my liking!

Ok, in response to the whole, "There is no reason to take human life!"

There is a reason. If there's a situation where it's either take the life of a murderer who is about to kill twenty people or just let him take your life and many others, what would you choose?

There is a reason. If there's a situation where it's either take the life of a murderer who is about to kill twenty people or just let him take your life and many others, what would you choose?

Shoot him with an instantaneous reacting tranquilizer dart! :lol::lol::lol:

What if you don't have a tranquilizer, just a gun with ordinary bullets in? Incidentally, I still think civillians shouldn't have guns, leave that to the forces and armed police units.

If there is one around, yes. :lol:

But if there isn't, pretty much someone has to kill the guy.

New issue; Kansas Creationists

This has gone far enough, if they take one more step of being so darn stupid and trying to show off that they are, indeed, thicker than a lead omlette with chunks of prime concrete sprinkled with steel flakes then I am going to step over a line. I don't which line, it may just be the full on verbal rant line or it may be the anthrax-in-the-post line. Nobody knows. That's the scary thing, you can't prepare for what you don't know. So you're just sitting there wondering, what will happen. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will it involve some gruesome imagery that the tabloids will splash across the front covers and Rupert Murdock will dance with glee at looking at the images? And so the doubt ruins your mind until you go insane, and then. When you think your safe, in your nice padded cell. BANG. What goes Bang, we will find out. But to be serious for a moment, this just shows how religon has no place in anywhere, but the home and church. "Oh, you can't teach my Betty-Sue those things because I believe in a big, bearded man who goes smitin' people if they don't do good." What happened to free speech? How can you honestly sack a teacher for teaching one of the key principles in modern biology? "Oh, you can't go teaching my kid that because want them to be taught what non-existant evidence there is that God is in the world." BE OFF WITH YOU OH SMALL MINDED TOWNSPEOPLE! Fine then, they can believe in God. But can't they learn the other side's view as well? DO they have to listen? No. If they really want they can skip class, wouldn't reccommend it. But they can. All I can say of these people is; [infinite amounts of witty and amusing insults here]. Here's an idea, your children are never going to be anything in the medical profession because they couldn't get good grades at national exams as a direct result of you whinging at some poor teacher that you are Christian and those other naughty ideas shouldn't be taught. Anyway, at least the idiots are getting smited with a pointy stick for breaching the constiution. And so it should be. Less religon, more learning.

Finally I found a certain moron (am I allowed to say that? Is the FCC watching? Tough, I'm out their reach!) yet again urinating in the fountain of truth, it's our favourite TV evangelist Pat Robertson! From teh BBC; "That move provoked US TV evangelist Pat Robertson to warn the town was invoking the wrath of God." Oh yes, and next week CNN and all the other sub-standard news channels will be running an all week marathon looking out for signs of godly wrath. Unfortunately, the only thing close to a godly smiting is when Pat Robertson gets ran over mysteriously by a Mini Cooper. He will then resume his life of living so far up his own colon he can taste his tonsils.

flight 93 all the way, even if they didn't survive, they still foiled the terrorist plot.

man, If it's true what they say, you act more consertative as you age, by the time I'm 60 I'll probably runa round ina toga and get killed trying to knife a politician I don't like.

...resume his life of living so far up his own colon he can taste his tonsils.

:blink: You certainly have a way with words! :lol:

I blame a cocktail of Blackadder, Monty Python and Dead Ringers

Would that be chilled or warm? :lol:

Shaken not stirred.

Olive, onion or cherry?

Olive

Oil or grease?

j/k

Shaken not stirred.

Olive, onion or cherry?

Olive

Oil or grease?

j/k

Oil. I'm making an extra-special Molotov cocktail...

Shaken not stirred.

Olive, onion or cherry?

Olive

Oil or grease?

j/k

OddJob takes TGHL to Jamaica into another Bond movie.

Shaken not stirred.

Olive, onion or cherry?

Olive

Oil or grease?

j/k

OddJob takes TGHL to Jamaica into another Bond movie.

Not again, I just left!

• 4 weeks later...
New issue; Kansas Creationists

This has gone far enough, if they take one more step of being so darn stupid and trying to show off that they are, indeed, thicker than a lead omlette with chunks of prime concrete sprinkled with steel flakes then I am going to step over a line. I don't which line, it may just be the full on verbal rant line or it may be the anthrax-in-the-post line. Nobody knows. That's the scary thing, you can't prepare for what you don't know. So you're just sitting there wondering, what will happen. Will it be good? Will it be bad? Will it involve some gruesome imagery that the tabloids will splash across the front covers and Rupert Murdock will dance with glee at looking at the images? And so the doubt ruins your mind until you go insane, and then. When you think your safe, in your nice padded cell. BANG. What goes Bang, we will find out. But to be serious for a moment, this just shows how religon has no place in anywhere, but the home and church. "Oh, you can't teach my Betty-Sue those things because I believe in a big, bearded man who goes smitin' people if they don't do good." What happened to free speech? How can you honestly sack a teacher for teaching one of the key principles in modern biology? "Oh, you can't go teaching my kid that because want them to be taught what non-existant evidence there is that God is in the world." BE OFF WITH YOU OH SMALL MINDED TOWNSPEOPLE! Fine then, they can believe in God. But can't they learn the other side's view as well? DO they have to listen? No. If they really want they can skip class, wouldn't reccommend it. But they can. All I can say of these people is; [infinite amounts of witty and amusing insults here]. Here's an idea, your children are never going to be anything in the medical profession because they couldn't get good grades at national exams as a direct result of you whinging at some poor teacher that you are Christian and those other naughty ideas shouldn't be taught. Anyway, at least the idiots are getting smited with a pointy stick for breaching the constiution. And so it should be. Less religon, more learning.

Finally I found a certain moron (am I allowed to say that? Is the FCC watching? Tough, I'm out their reach!) yet again urinating in the fountain of truth, it's our favourite TV evangelist Pat Robertson! From teh BBC; "That move provoked US TV evangelist Pat Robertson to warn the town was invoking the wrath of God." Oh yes, and next week CNN and all the other sub-standard news channels will be running an all week marathon looking out for signs of godly wrath. Unfortunately, the only thing close to a godly smiting is when Pat Robertson gets ran over mysteriously by a Mini Cooper. He will then resume his life of living so far up his own colon he can taste his tonsils.

Now it's time for a lesson in debating: The point in debating is to convince the person or people you are debating with to agree with you. Insulting people and calling them stupid or "small minded" is a bad tactic. This only displays your own immaturity and makes people less likely to agree with you. Furthermore, it starts flame wars, in which the topic is steered away from the original subject and turned towards the levels of each other's intelligence and comparisons to certain parts of the anatomy.

That said, why not teach evolution AND creation as THEORIES. Then let the kids make up their own minds. (And yeah, if you send your kid to public school you should expect them to be tought evolution) Evolution has NOT been proven, there is only evidence to back it up. There's also evidence to back up creation. I personally believe that the two are linked, and I'll be happy to go on about that if anyone's interested.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if bush voters are sorry yet????????

They should be, but both of the democratic nominees against bush weren't too great either. And it seems a lot voted for Bush because he doesn't allow abortion or gay marriage, which are supposedly christian views. But true christian views would not interfere with politics. The church shouldn't be involved. AT. ALL.

When it comes to abortion and gay marriage, the only reasons I've heard people not want to have it are all based on personal moral values. WHY DO PERSONAL MORAL VALUES HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT?! ARRRGHH. :angry: It's just as pointless as wanting to take "god" off of the money. What do you prolife and no-gay-marriage people REALLY want? To get a pony? To gain attention? To convert all FIFTY STATES to your thinking? It sounds like the last one is a good answer to that question. <_<

For the record I AM a christian. I just want politics to be about the country as a whole, dag-nabbit. Not about people's personal wants and beliefs.

I wonder if bush voters are sorry yet????????

They should be, but both of the democratic nominees against bush weren't too great either. And it seems a lot voted for Bush because he doesn't allow abortion or gay marriage, which are supposedly christian views. But true christian views would not interfere with politics. The church shouldn't be involved. AT. ALL.

When it comes to abortion and gay marriage, the only reasons I've heard people not want to have it are all based on personal moral values. WHY DO PERSONAL MORAL VALUES HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH GOVERNMENT?! ARRRGHH. :angry: It's just as pointless as wanting to take "god" off of the money. What do you prolife and no-gay-marriage people REALLY want? To get a pony? To gain attention? To convert all FIFTY STATES to your thinking? It sounds like the last one is a good answer to that question. <_<

For the record I AM a christian. I just want politics to be about the country as a whole, dag-nabbit. Not about people's personal wants and beliefs.

What he said.

• 2 weeks later...

dosnt any care about the gov't anymore?

I miss Sara(AnimalKidd)...

I miss AnimalKidd as well! I am really happy to see you!!!!! I have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i still talk to her somtimes.

thanx i misseded you too :]

Please tell her I said HI and to stop in here or email me sometime!

I miss AnimalKidd as well! I am really happy to see you!!!!! I have missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

i will but i doubt she will.

idk maybe she will.

ill tell her that it means alot to you.

idk maybe she will.

Thanks! It does! :D

idk maybe she will.

Thanks! It does! :D

mmm she'd prolly kill me if she knows ive been back here. haah we like swore it off together but since my own bored flopped idk if it still matters. plus that was a long time ago and ive always been a cheater.

:]

...A good question is, why don't we talk about politics anymore? We haven't seriously really talked about it in a longer time than usual.

A good political discussion is always great! :D

Ok then. Apparently Al Gore (the one you should have forced into office by beating George Bush for fiddling teh election results in 2000!) might be making a comeback 2008, as Hillary Clinton might want to have a crack at Vice-President before she tries President. Personally, if you don't vote Al Gore in (assuming he is having a go) I will be most annoyed and invade. No one else will invade. Just me.

...A good question is, why don't we talk about politics anymore? We haven't seriously really talked about it in a longer time than usual.

A good political discussion is always great! :D

mm i think ive given up on following ny of that i just simplely put it we've all going to ****

:]

dont u LOVE my optimisum? i sure do.

How do you guys feel about Iran creating nuclear power? The UN is getting close to demanding the arrestation of nuclear power creation.

Personally I think that Iran should be allowed to have nuclear power stations because many western nations have them too.

Ok, new question:

Should Eminent Domain be used to aquire land for commercial development?

please explain your answer.

For those who do not know... governments use condemnation of property to force private individuals off their land.

How do you guys feel about Iran creating nuclear power? The UN is getting close to demanding the arrestation of nuclear power creation.

Personally I think that Iran should be allowed to have nuclear power stations because many western nations have them too.

Or maybe everyone can just not have nuclear power.

What is your thinking on having the right to have nuclear power being tied together with the government being a democratic one?

What is your thinking on having the right to have nuclear power being tied together with the government being a democratic one?

Personally I don't think it's a "right". The only rights that I consider to be actual rights are the rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, just like in the US's declaration of independance. I would consider nuclear power a privilege, not a right.

But I find it hypocritical to demand a nation to stop building nuclear power when you already have it yourself. Either everyone can use it, or no one can. United Nations - make up your mind!

No. No amount of benefits for making a commercial lot could possibly justify kicking people out of their house, land, and neighborhood. People should be able to actually OWN their own property. <_<

Ok, new question:

please explain your answer.

For those who do not know... governments use condemnation of property to force private individuals off their land.

basically, "all your base are belong to U.S."

For eminent domain, i believe that it is entirely wrong. It is modern day quartering of troops. The only way is would be acceptable is if they compensate you for what they take from you. And the "reward" should be a good amount more than they took. As in, replace the town home with a mansion. Or at the very least give you have of the profits made from the aquisition of property.

As for Iran making nuclear energy, they should be allowed to, but under the supervision of neighboring U.N. countries. I know it might heed production, but Iran does have a greater chance of using them then a lot of other countries. I don't want to be racist/biased, but I don't want to give a loaded gun to a criminal.

I say that there should be tighter restrictions on Nuclear Power Stations, encourage people to change to renewable power sources like tidal power or wind power.

I love wind power!!!! :D

As do I, but the problem in this country is that many of the best sites for wind power are in national parks and so people complain that they spoil the natural beauty of the area. I disagree, in some areas like the Lake District I can agree with that they woul detract from the natural beauty, but is anyone really going to miss gazing out across barren moorland?

I say that there should be tighter restrictions on Nuclear Power Stations, encourage people to change to renewable power sources like tidal power or wind power.

As do I, but the problem in this country is that many of the best sites for wind power are in national parks and so people complain that they spoil the natural beauty of the area. I disagree, in some areas like the Lake District I can agree with that they woul detract from the natural beauty, but is anyone really going to miss gazing out across barren moorland?

Unfortunately, most people cannot see beyond what the thought "what will this do for me, now".

We have about 60 years of the oil supplies remaining. In one hundred years we have used over half the recoverable oil that it took over one million years to create. Please look for the book: Over a Barrel, A Simple Guide to the Oil Shortage. It is written by Tom R. Mast.

Unfortunately, most people cannot see beyond what the thought "what will this do for me, now".

We have about 60 years of the oil supplies remaining. In one hundred years we have used over half the recoverable oil that it took over one million years to create. Please look for the book: Over a Barrel, A Simple Guide to the Oil Shortage. It is written by Tom R. Mast.

Still stuck in 20th Century Conservative mode I fear. I mean, look at Britain. We have several sites across the country which could be used for Tidal Power, the River Severn (with the second biggest tidal bore in the world) could generate 10% of our energy, that's as much as Nuclear is generating for us at the minute. And think about all the other sites we could use, we could easily hit the 20% renewable energy target set by the EU 10 years before its deadline. And all the places where wind power could be put, I mean who can say that Kent is beautiful? It is a landscape of cabbages, nothing more!

Oh well.

A criticism of Bush is pending, so here it comes. Think about the places he could stick wind turbines. All those old oil derricks for a start in the desert. Throw them out and replace them with gleaming white turbines, how about adding wind turbines in places which are barren, and useless and only grow cacti? North Dakota could be used. Stick a wind turbine next to each Nuclear Silo and you'd have enough to power New York, Los Angeles and Detroit (ahem, no comment about his unwillingness to surrender ICBMs). Oh well. Again.

I shall keep a look out for the book Horatio, I may have to resort to looking on Amazon though, ooh....

Still stuck in 20th Century Conservative mode I fear. I mean, look at Britain. We have several sites across the country which could be used for Tidal Power, the River Severn (with the second biggest tidal bore in the world) could generate 10% of our energy, that's as much as Nuclear is generating for us at the minute. And think about all the other sites we could use, we could easily hit the 20% renewable energy target set by the EU 10 years before its deadline. And all the places where wind power could be put, I mean who can say that Kent is beautiful? It is a landscape of cabbages, nothing more!

Oh well.

A criticism of Bush is pending, so here it comes. Think about the places he could stick wind turbines. All those old oil derricks for a start in the desert. Throw them out and replace them with gleaming white turbines, how about adding wind turbines in places which are barren, and useless and only grow cacti? North Dakota could be used. Stick a wind turbine next to each Nuclear Silo and you'd have enough to power New York, Los Angeles and Detroit (ahem, no comment about his unwillingness to surrender ICBMs). Oh well. Again.

I shall keep a look out for the book Horatio, I may have to resort to looking on Amazon though, ooh....

Here is another thought. Copenhagen recycles 94 to 96 percent of the garbage collected to power the city. The great news about this program is only a maximum of 6 percent of the collected garbage heads for the landfill and the use of recoverable oil used as an energy source is minimal. Why can't New York City start a process like this????????? :huh:

Oh well.

Here is another thought. Copenhagen recycles 94 to 96 percent of the garbage collected to power the city. The great news about this program is only a maximum of 6 percent of the collected garbage heads for the landfill and the use of recoverable oil used as an energy source is minimal. Why can't New York City start a process like this????????? :huh:

I think I can guess Bush's reply "New York is not like Copperhandgrenades." And in fact, I can't see why it isn't as yet even an EU directive to implement this sort of scheme. Apart from perhaps Stockholm and places in FInland, nowhere else in the EU has this sort of scheme so while we may be busying away on the Kyoto protocall, we are not doing anything to tackle the rubbish which emits about 35% of the methane from rubbish tips.

Oh well.

I think I can guess Bush's reply "New York is not like Copperhandgrenades." And in fact, I can't see why it isn't as yet even an EU directive to implement this sort of scheme. Apart from perhaps Stockholm and places in FInland, nowhere else in the EU has this sort of scheme so while we may be busying away on the Kyoto protocall, we are not doing anything to tackle the rubbish which emits about 35% of the methane from rubbish tips.

Iceland is working it's way towards being oil free! They are able to use geothermal energy.

Oh well.

Iceland is working it's way towards being oil free! They are able to use geothermal energy.

Iceland is even getting read of petrol needingness, with Hydrogen powered cars, all that comes out the exhaust is water! WATER! Ok, so it may rain a bit more, but that is not a bad thing! Everything would be so much better, but so far only Toyota is offering anything near a clean car and that is a hybrid car with a mix of electricity and petrol.... *sigh* Why not say that any car which would not suffer a dip in performance from a conversion to hydrogen power from petrol, goes to hyrdogen. Small hatchbacks for example could be converted and it wouldn't make any difference! Less war, more green!

I read something in a Popular Science magazine about wind turbines that actually fly, much in the way helicopters do, since the blades are horizontal. Two fans are linked together, so there would be a lot more stability. They don't do anything to the landscape below, and are much bigger. these would be tethered to the ground by cables which would carry the power output to station on the ground. The turbines themselves would be placed in the jetstreams, so there would be a constant supply of high winds. Of course, a lot of money would be needed to make such a system, and im sure there are problems that need worked out, but the article said it wasn't to extreme as to be impossible. But that would be cool.

Oh well.

Iceland is even getting read of petrol needingness, with Hydrogen powered cars, all that comes out the exhaust is water! WATER! Ok, so it may rain a bit more, but that is not a bad thing! Everything would be so much better, but so far only Toyota is offering anything near a clean car and that is a hybrid car with a mix of electricity and petrol.... *sigh* Why not say that any car which would not suffer a dip in performance from a conversion to hydrogen power from petrol, goes to hyrdogen. Small hatchbacks for example could be converted and it wouldn't make any difference! Less war, more green!

Part of the problem is that hydrogen is not in a readily useable form and it takes about 1.7 times the amount of energy to produce 1.0 units of hydrogen energy. You need to use fossil fuels to make hydrogen fuels.

I believe Honda has a hybrid car. The idea car is a combination of diesel and battery. A battery can take a car about 60 miles and if you combine the two you get an even better hybrid.

I read something in a Popular Science magazine about wind turbines that actually fly, much in the way helicopters do, since the blades are horizontal. Two fans are linked together, so there would be a lot more stability. They don't do anything to the landscape below, and are much bigger. these would be tethered to the ground by cables which would carry the power output to station on the ground. The turbines themselves would be placed in the jetstreams, so there would be a constant supply of high winds. Of course, a lot of money would be needed to make such a system, and im sure there are problems that need worked out, but the article said it wasn't to extreme as to be impossible. But that would be cool.

This sounds fantastic. We were hoping to see about a wind turbine for our cage along the river. The problem is how stable these wind turbines are in hurricanes and if there is a way to secure them against 200 plus mph winds.

oh yeah, the statospheric windmill, if they got funding, they should have the prototype station about ready, the problem with it is that it makes a big hole in the airspace availible to other craft, that's why they were looking to test it in central austrailia, no traffic to speak of, and planty of space to crash-land if something goes wrong.

oh yeah, the statospheric windmill, if they got funding, they should have the prototype station about ready, the problem with it is that it makes a big hole in the airspace availible to other craft, that's why they were looking to test it in central austrailia, no traffic to speak of, and planty of space to crash-land if something goes wrong.

All they would have to do is put it at a different altitude than that of the average airplane. And i do hope they get the funding.

Oh well.

Part of the problem is that hydrogen is not in a readily useable form and it takes about 1.7 times the amount of energy to produce 1.0 units of hydrogen energy. You need to use fossil fuels to make hydrogen fuels.

I believe Honda has a hybrid car. The idea car is a combination of diesel and battery. A battery can take a car about 60 miles and if you combine the two you get an even better hybrid.

The shame is that the problem is occuring now, but some of the technology is beyond us. *sigh*

Really? I had not heard of that yet. But I think you are right, as a here and now solution to drastically reduce emissions is to go with Hybrid synergy (I think that is the correct spelling) drives as Toyota call them. That way we can reduce emissions from cars, perhaps delaying Armageddon a couple of years giving us time to develop better technology, start eliminating old fossil fuel power stations and adapt to a cleaner, greener living. Getting rid of standby buttons would be a good start....

Oh well.

The shame is that the problem is occuring now, but some of the technology is beyond us. *sigh*

Really? I had not heard of that yet. But I think you are right, as a here and now solution to drastically reduce emissions is to go with Hybrid synergy (I think that is the correct spelling) drives as Toyota call them. That way we can reduce emissions from cars, perhaps delaying Armageddon a couple of years giving us time to develop better technology, start eliminating old fossil fuel power stations and adapt to a cleaner, greener living. Getting rid of standby buttons would be a good start....

This book has some great ideas. Such as make all car batteries a standard size, shape, etc. This way you could drive more than 60 miles by using a service station as a battery swap station instead of for fuel. You would drive in, for a small fee they would remove your battery and replace it with a fully charged battery and you would continue on.

Oh well.

This book has some great ideas. Such as make all car batteries a standard size, shape, etc. This way you could drive more than 60 miles by using a service station as a battery swap station instead of for fuel. You would drive in, for a small fee they would remove your battery and replace it with a fully charged battery and you would continue on.

That would be great, but it would require the cooperation of all car manufacturers.

That is a brilliant idea, if you could make the batteries rechargable (sort of like a normal car battery then) then no waste is produced. You would have to create more power stations though in order to supply the new energy demand, but if these idiots would just sort out their act with the renewable energy resources then it wouldn't be a problem. The Thame Barrier could be used as a tidal energy producer when not in use for protecting London from flooding. America could use all the dustbowl areas for energy production as well.

Is it not sad, Horatio, that some of these ideas are here, ready to be used, but people are not taking them and taking responsibilty for the future of the human race? (sounds dramatic, but true)

Oh well.

That would be great, but it would require the cooperation of all car manufacturers.

It would also require an enormous stock of batteries and battery chargers.

That is a brilliant idea, if you could make the batteries rechargable (sort of like a normal car battery then) then no waste is produced. You would have to create more power stations though in order to supply the new energy demand, but if these idiots would just sort out their act with the renewable energy resources then it wouldn't be a problem. The Thame Barrier could be used as a tidal energy producer when not in use for protecting London from flooding. America could use all the dustbowl areas for energy production as well.

Is it not sad, Horatio, that some of these ideas are here, ready to be used, but people are not taking them and taking responsibilty for the future of the human race? (sounds dramatic, but true)

We are already too late. We should have been developing these alternate form of energies long ago. It will take young people to influence adults and shame them into protecting the environment for their children.