Hampsterdance Discussion Board

The us government

AnimalKidd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you never vote Independent, nothing is ever going to change. Its like saying that you shouldn't go on a protest march because only one million people are out of a country of 300 million. But wait, what if that protest march is on a key issue (yes it is coming) like Civil Rights? Still won't go?

TGHL... you asked about the US Government... I suggest you read Niall Ferguson's book Colossus: The Rise and Fall of the American Empire.

More specifically, the last chapter. Niall also has some great books on your homeland.

Well????

<font color='#8D38C9'>My boyfriend has applied for his Irish citizenship. He is one-half Irish. :D</font>

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

HORATIO HAS A GIRLFRIEND lawl

*~*The psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

My boyfriend has applied for his Irish citizenship. He is one-half Irish. :D

*wonders what Mushroom_king is doing digging up really, really old posts*

:lol::lol::lol:

<font color='#8D38C9'>My boyfriend has applied for his Irish citizenship. He is one-half Irish. :D </font>

Horatio WOULD BE a girlfriend, not HAVE.

And by horatio, I mean Patricia. lawl.

Or IS a girlfriend. We dunno. xD

Cause the only thing silly 'Raishey tells us about in relevance to her person life is what new toy/gadget she has. xD

I, Horatio, being a male hamster, do have a sort of girlfriend... her name is Huette. She is in the cage next to mine.

We always get in our balls at the same time and that is fun. She has a motorcycle in her cage as well.

Cause the only thing silly 'Raishey tells us about in relevance to her person life is what new toy/gadget she has. xD

Not too many toy/gadgets... just a motorcycle, Adam Zapple, iPod and now iPhone.

<font color='#8D38C9'>My boyfriend has applied for his Irish citizenship. He is one-half Irish. :D </font>

I, Horatio, being a male hamster, do have a sort of girlfriend... her name is Huette. She is in the cage next to mine.

We always get in our balls at the same time and that is fun. She has a motorcycle in her cage as well.

you silly goose. xD

Not too many toy/gadgets... just a motorcycle, Adam Zapple, iPod and now iPhone.

exactly. Not much insight into your life there, is it?

exactly. Not much insight into your life there, is it?

Not really. Of course, I forgot to mention one of my most prized possessions... my Stihl Chainsaw with a 20" bar.

you silly goose. xD

*wonders if geese like eating cheese* :blink:

1. I am going to read the Religion TAWPEEK, this TAWPEEK, and the Horatio club TAWPEEK front to back. I finished reading teh Religuin TAWPEEK. That was why I dug up the old post.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*!*

1. I am going to read the Religion TAWPEEK, this TAWPEEK, and the Horatio club TAWPEEK front to back. I finished reading teh Religuin TAWPEEK. That was why I dug up the old post.

*can only imagine what Mushroom_king will find*

:blink: :blink: :blink:

*can only imagine what Mushroom_king will find*

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I'm ONLY doing this for fun. While reading both TAWPEEKS I've found many posts where I had to go bang my head against a wall and then continue reading, and then fighting the urge to tell them off.

*~*The Psychedelic luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

you silly goose. xD

No, they don't. In fact, they like giving cheese all of their toys. and gadgets. and $$$.

you silly goose. xD

No, they don't. In fact, they like giving cheese all of their toys. and gadgets. and $$$.

No money for geese.

<font color='#8D38C9'>My boyfriend has applied for his Irish citizenship. He is one-half Irish. :D</font>

Wait, I swore I said Boyfriend.

:lol: You didn't. :lol:

*looks over at Huette's cage to see her sleeping so peacefully*

I meant boyfriend...

I meant boyfriend...

Too late.

My sort of girlfriend, Huette, lives in the cage next to mine.

By Johnny Howard, I take it we mean John Howard that racist, paranoid madman who is currently trying to commit politically correct genocide in Australia?

:lol: You always have a way with words. Yes, that Johnny Howard. :lol:

Now go back a bunch of posts, I have answered your question and talked about a book by Niall Ferguson.

*waits for TGHL's reply*

I have tried to find it in my library, but no luck.

I have already read the one on how the British Empire made the world and it irritated me slightly. It was quite a good history book, but at the heart of it I couldn't help feeling that there was a pro-imperialism set of ideas in it and a some very outdated ways of looking at the world. Certainly if the British Amazon description of Colossus is true, Ferguson has some ideals and beliefs which go right against my own convictions. The particular bit which rubs against me is that claiming empire is more necessary in the 21st century and that the American Empire needs to learn from the British Empire. He's certainly naive if he thinks that USA foreign policy is about: "spreading social freedom, democracy, development and the free market to the world."

By Johnny Howard, I take it we mean John Howard that racist, paranoid madman who is currently trying to commit politically correct genocide in Australia?

Now go back a bunch of posts, I have answered your question and talked about a book by Niall Ferguson.

*waits for TGHL's reply*

*waits by Hortaio, to keep him company*

*waits for TGHL's reply*

*loves having company*

Thank you for waiting with me. :D

*waits for TGHL's reply*

*loves having company*

Thank you for waiting with me. :D

Your Welcome!!!!!! :P

I have already read the one on how the British Empire made the world and it irritated me slightly. It was quite a good history book, but at the heart of it I couldn't help feeling that there was a pro-imperialism set of ideas in it and a some very outdated ways of looking at the world. Certainly if the British Amazon description of Colossus is true, Ferguson has some ideals and beliefs which go right against my own convictions. The particular bit which rubs against me is that claiming empire is more necessary in the 21st century and that the American Empire needs to learn from the British Empire. He's certainly naive if he thinks that USA foreign policy is about: "spreading social freedom, democracy, development and the free market to the world."

If you lived near me, I would lend you all of his books. Which British Empire book did you read... Empire: How Britian Made The Modern World or Empire: The Rise and Demise of The British World Order and The Lessons For Global Power. The House of Rothschild is another great book, as is The Cash Nexus, Money and Power in The Modern World, 1700 - 2000.

If you lived near me, I would lend you all of his books. Which British Empire book did you read... Empire: How Britian Made The Modern World or Empire: The Rise and Demise of The British World Order and The Lessons For Global Power. The House of Rothschild is another great book, as is The Cash Nexus, Money and Power in The Modern World, 1700 - 2000.

Ok! I know you aren't talking to me since i've not read any of those.

I meant boyfriend...

Too late.

Interesting how topics spin about. XD

I meant boyfriend...

Too late.

Interesting how topics spin about. XD

I'll have you know I look at her face, it is really beautiful.

*carefully choosing the appropriate words while in the presence of Dr. Wolf*

• 3 weeks later...

So I found this picture of a sassy lady holding a poster, so I decided to mess around with the picture a little.

Cookies if you can identify the new holder of the poster.

post-3829-1185471800_thumb.jpg

So I found this picture of a sassy lady holding a poster, so I decided to mess around with the picture a little.

Cookies if you can identify the new holder of the poster.

ROFOCLH !!!!!!!

*hands Jesse The Double Gold Star Award*

You are soooooooo good!!!

I was laughing so hard, coffee sprayed all over Adam... again!

*grabs a blow dryer for Adam* Let me guess, does that mean Rolling On Floor Off Chair Laughing Hard? Thanks for the award *finally transfers trophy cabinet from my board to my HD signature*

*grabs a blow dryer for Adam* Let me guess, does that mean Rolling On Floor Off Chair Laughing Hard? Thanks for the award *finally transfers trophy cabinet from my board to my HD signature*

Close... very, very close.

Rolling On Floor Of Cage Laughing Hysterically!

Well, I got 4/7 correct. *turns blow dryer on ludicrous speed* No guesses as to who the man is? A hint: I made it black & white for a reason.

Well, I got 4/7 correct. *turns blow dryer on ludicrous speed* No guesses as to who the man is? A hint: I made it black & white for a reason.

*runs off to look again*

I have a guess but I do not want to look dumb.

How about if I give you what I think the first initial is?

*runs off to look again*

I won't think you are dumb! I know it's a little tough to make out from that particular picture. But yes, you can give the first initial if you want.

*runs off to look again*

I won't think you are dumb! I know it's a little tough to make out from that particular picture. But yes, you can give the first initial if you want.

J

J

Nope. 2 hints: His first name is often condensed into a shorter nickname (same first initial), and I think I have mentioned this person before, though I can't find the particular post at the moment.

J

Nope. 2 hints: His first name is often condensed into a shorter nickname (same first initial), and I think I have mentioned this person before, though I can't find the particular post at the moment.

*thinks about the hints*

Not too many people have a chin like that.

J

*thinks about the hints*

I mentioned this man before because I did a group project concerning him. He is also, um, not a good guy.

J

*thinks about the hints*

I mentioned this man before because I did a group project concerning him. He is also, um, not a good guy.

Not a good guy.... :unsure:

I am really confused now. :lol:

J

*thinks about the hints*

Yeah, I'm running out of hints. :P So I shall reveal that the man is...

Al Capone.

J

*thinks about the hints*

Yeah, I'm running out of hints. :P So I shall reveal that the man is...

Al Capone.

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I would have never figured it out.

I will tell you who I thought it was... Jay Leno.

The only problem was the eyes looked a little too dark.

Jay Leno...wow, it DOES look like him! :blink: Maybe Al Capone is an ancestor of Leno's? :P

:lol: Perhaps. Once I got Jay Leno in my brain, it was hard to think of someone else.

I looked up Al Capone's pictures and they MUST be related!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Now, I'm not treating this as a deciding factor or anything, but does anyone else find a majority of our 2008 candidates to be kind of...scary looking? Obama, Romney, Edwards (depending on his hairdo) and Clinton are the only candidates I can look at without being freaked out. Paul and McCain are among the most scary looking guys. :blink: (I haven't seen pictures of the independents as of yet)

Now, I'm not treating this as a deciding factor or anything, but does anyone else find a majority of our 2008 candidates to be kind of...scary looking? Obama, Romney, Edwards (depending on his hairdo) and Clinton are the only candidates I can look at without being freaked out. Paul and McCain are among the most scary looking guys. :blink: (I haven't seen pictures of the independents as of yet)

If Thompson runs, he shouldn't scare you too much, he is one of the stars on Law & Order. :lol:

And no, he is not one of the criminals... that would be really scary. :lol:

Haha. I can't look at Hillary Clinton with out getting freaked out. Mostly because one of my friends (who is turing thirty soon) seriously thinks she's the anti-Christ. No joke. So, every time I look at her, I picture red glowing eyes and horns on her head. Definitely won't be voting for her.

Haha. I can't look at Hillary Clinton with out getting freaked out. Mostly because one of my friends (who is turing thirty soon) seriously thinks she's the anti-Christ. No joke. So, every time I look at her, I picture red glowing eyes and horns on her head. Definitely won't be voting for her.

All right Toto!!! Someone else who believes this woman is pure evil.

I had to take you up on that...

post-3829-1186506895_thumb.jpg

ROLOCLH!!!!!!!

OMG Jesse!!!!!!!!!

I have never laughed so hard.

You have just earned the highest award ever created for making me laugh...

The Five Gold Star Award!!!!!!!

OMG..........

that is SO good!!!!!!!!!

Please may I have your permission to pass this on to a few of my hammie friends?

ROLOCLH!!!!!!!

OMG Jesse!!!!!!!!!

I have never laughed so hard.

You have just earned the highest award ever created for making me laugh...

The Five Gold Star Award!!!!!!!

OMG..........

that is SO good!!!!!!!!!

Please may I have your permission to pass this on to a few of my hammie friends?

Ooh, pretty award! Yeah sure, show it to whoever you want. :P

TOTO!!!!

Lookie here!

That's awesome. :o

I thought so too. :lol:

senatorclinton.jpg

I don't want it to disappear before Toto sees it.

ROTFLMAO!!!

post-678-1186644761_thumb.jpg

I thought so too. :lol:

Jesse is like... my hero now.

Hahaha Jesse I love you for that. XD Hilary Clinton scares me... :unsure:

Can you just imagine what it would be like if she was prez? *sudders* The thought scares me. It scares me even more that I have no say in it!

Hehe. Thanks. I'll certainly have to save the picture and use it in the future. (Protests possibly?)

We don't need another Clinton in the White House.

senatorclinton.jpg

Hehe. Thanks. I'll certainly have to save the picture and use it in the future. (Protests possibly?)

We don't need another Clinton in the White House.

Yeah Toto!!!!

You are my hero!!!!

I say start passing those pictures out NOW!!!

Let people know what they are in for if they vote for her.

Can you just imagine what it would be like if she was prez? *sudders* The thought scares me. It scares me even more that I have no say in it!

Oh, don't worry, if she makes it as the top democrat, I'll be sure to vote against her.

senatorclinton.jpg

Oh, don't worry, if she makes it as the top democrat, I'll be sure to vote against her.

You need to vote in the primary. This is where you get to vote for the top candidate. Perhaps we can stop her before she gets any further.

You need to vote in the primary. This is where you get to vote for the top candidate. Perhaps we can stop her before she gets any further.

You can't vote in the primaries unless you're affiliated with that particular party. I'm registered as independant.

senatorclinton.jpg

You can't vote in the primaries unless you're affiliated with that particular party. I'm registered as independant.

Then change your party affiliation just for the primary so you can vote her down. :lol:

Let's just leave it at I'd be in jail if she was prez.

a problem with h. clinton is that some countries like possibly middle eastern countries may not respect us as much if we have a female president because of their beliefs.

but i really dont care who's pres.

If Hillary becomes president, I am moving to Europe and saying that I am French. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
a problem with h. clinton is that some countries like possibly middle eastern countries may not respect us as much if we have a female president because of their beliefs.

If Hillary becomes president, I am moving to Europe and saying that I am French. :lol:

Come across anyway, we don't execute our citizens and we have this rather new [old] fangled thing called "free speech."

Don't go to France though, they elected Nicholas Sarkozy who looks like the villain from Sin City. Go live in The Netherlands, in fact the Hague, as it has a wonderfully international feel to the place and its a good way to learn Dutch as most of the people speak English, but then there are the local people who cycle (cycle!) to work each day from the surrounding countryside and are all native Dutch speakers.

Come across anyway, we don't execute our citizens and we have this rather new [old] fangled thing called "free speech."

Don't go to France though, they elected Nicholas Sarkozy who looks like the villain from Sin City. Go live in The Netherlands, in fact the Hague, as it has a wonderfully international feel to the place and its a good way to learn Dutch as most of the people speak English, but then there are the local people who cycle (cycle!) to work each day from the surrounding countryside and are all native Dutch speakers.

Perfect idea!

*gets my bicycle and motorcycle ready to be moved to The Netherlands*

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final cut*~*

why do I have the sinking feeling that I am the only person in my whole skool that actually cares about politics and related such things?

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

why do I have the sinking feeling that I am the only person in my whole skool that actually cares about politics and related such things?

There are others, and I am guessing they are feeling the same way.

Search out a politics club or ask a history teacher if there is such a club.

Then you will find others who would love to be your friend because you have like interests.

Then you will find others who would love to be your friend because you have like interests.

Clubs, clubs...

pep club

art club

....wow, that's depressing

Clubs, clubs...

pep club

art club

Debate club? Sometimes the art club has people who are interested in politics.

That is tough. Politics is important to be interested in because the people we elect, control our future and the future of our country.

Clubs, clubs...

pep club

art club

Debate club? Sometimes the art club has people who are interested in politics.

That is tough. Politics is important to be interested in because the people we elect, control our future and the future of our country.

My art teachers **** beyond all reasoning.

Is it just me, or did my Elementary Skool have better staff, better library, better events? Not to mention better dance themes

• 2 weeks later...

Point:

Hillary Clinton is giving $110 million to the poor via tax relief to allow them to afford health insurance. This is about the best you are going to get in your health care system which means no treatment without payment, no matter how life threatening is (rather throws up a conundrum for members of Pro Life abortion groups who are against the health care system us "European Bureaucracies" have) and has such public resistance to a national health service which is free at the point of use.

Discussion: Does this mean Hillary Clinton is the best candidate to vote for on the issues of Health and Poverty, regardless of her failings (supposed or otherwise) in other areas?

Other discussion point: Why are you so opposed to allowing people to have free health care?

Point:

Hillary Clinton is giving $110 million to the poor via tax relief to allow them to afford health insurance. This is about the best you are going to get in your health care system which means no treatment without payment, no matter how life threatening is (rather throws up a conundrum for members of Pro Life abortion groups who are against the health care system us "European Bureaucracies" have) and has such public resistance to a national health service which is free at the point of use.

Discussion: Does this mean Hillary Clinton is the best candidate to vote for on the issues of Health and Poverty, regardless of her failings (supposed or otherwise) in other areas?

Other discussion point: Why are you so opposed to allowing people to have free health care?

Health Care is one of the biggest concerns for everyone and I do believe you will be seeing more creative plans from the other candidates.

NO! NO! NO! Hillary must go!

I would never vote for her even if she had the entire country pay zero taxes while she was in office.

Point:

Health Care is one of the biggest concerns for everyone and I do believe you will be seeing more creative plans from the other candidates.

I would never vote for her even if she had the entire country pay zero taxes while she was in office.

Unless it is a Cuban prevention-not-cure style socialised health care system, I will probably view it as being yet more punishment for the poor and for the African-American parts of society, which due to the whole "equal in law, but not in society" business tend to be the same people. Excuse me, I'm feeling exceptionally bitter towards the world at the moment, people are being too laissez-faire about that maniac Robert Mugabe and the crisis in Zimbabwe and now even the French are arming for war against Iran. I'd ask for a God to help us all at this point, but I think he has been on holiday since JC died and since fallen off a cliff during some hiking. [/sarcasm]

Because she is in it just for the power? And has a big butt?

Point:

Unless it is a Cuban prevention-not-cure style socialised health care system, I will probably view it as being yet more punishment for the poor and for the African-American parts of society, which due to the whole "equal in law, but not in society" business tend to be the same people. Excuse me, I'm feeling exceptionally bitter towards the world at the moment, people are being too laissez-faire about that maniac Robert Mugabe and the crisis in Zimbabwe and now even the French are arming for war against Iran. I'd ask for a God to help us all at this point, but I think he has been on holiday since JC died and since fallen off a cliff during some hiking. [/sarcasm]

Because she is in it just for the power? And has a big butt?

Exactly. She is in it for the power and to be the first woman president of the USA.

As for her but... :lol: I hadn't noticed that. :lol:

Out of curiosity, how many of you are:

a) interested in the idea of a national healthcare service

B) Support the introduction of a national healthcare service

c) Are vehemently against a national healthcare service (come on Toto)

And some opinions on your own privatised healthcare system if you would and the current state of it.

And some opinions on your own privatised healthcare system if you would and the current state of it.

If you are referring to Clinton's plan, she has not included the insurance companies in her health plan.

I do believe that good healthcare should be available to all, but I also believe that insurance companies need to put people before profits, something they are not doing at the present.

If you are referring to Clinton's plan, she has not included the insurance companies in her health plan.

I do believe that good healthcare should be available to all, but I also believe that insurance companies need to put people before profits, something they are not doing at the present.

this is why I hate corporations, they only care about getting more money

That? National Healthcare? Hardly. That's just saying "You, poor people! Here is some money. Go spend it on Health insurance! Be grateful and vote Hillary in the primaries and national elections! Heil Clinton!"

I'm talking the full "free at the point of use," government funded service here. Our and... Cuba's system basically. Curse Castro, he's making us seem like those awful communists you like to lynch Where you don't have to pay for treatment, prescription drugs are heavily subsidised, vaccinations are all state-funded and so on and so forth. Where you don't get chucked out on the street for not paying, where you don't have to go and sue in order to have Doctors accountable for their mistakes and you tend to live longer. No implicit judgement there.

Is that possible given that the insurance companies are run by humans?

That? National Healthcare? Hardly. That's just saying "You, poor people! Here is some money. Go spend it on Health insurance! Be grateful and vote Hillary in the primaries and national elections! Heil Clinton!"

I'm talking the full "free at the point of use," government funded service here. Our and... Cuba's system basically. Curse Castro, he's making us seem like those awful communists you like to lynch Where you don't have to pay for treatment, prescription drugs are heavily subsidised, vaccinations are all state-funded and so on and so forth. Where you don't get chucked out on the street for not paying, where you don't have to go and sue in order to have Doctors accountable for their mistakes and you tend to live longer. No implicit judgement there.

Is that possible given that the insurance companies are run by humans?

Socialist medicine/healthcare will probably never happen here.

yeah. It isn't profitable.

Profits are the pinnacle of human achievement now?

You know, it is possible to have a word class healthcare system free at the point of use and have a healthy economy. We certainly manage it. Of course, only being ranked 5th might have something to do with that we don't manage to consume over a quarter of the World's Resources for only 4.4% of the World's Population.

And Horatio, while I appreciate the Objectivism of American society will never die down sufficiently to allow such a thing to happen, I was curious as to your own personal feelings on such a system.

You know, it is possible to have a word class healthcare system free at the point of use and have a healthy economy. We certainly manage it. Of course, only being ranked 5th might have something to do with that we don't manage to consume over a quarter of the World's Resources for only 4.4% of the World's Population.

And Horatio, while I appreciate the Objectivism of American society will never die down sufficiently to allow such a thing to happen, I was curious as to your own personal feelings on such a system.

My own personal feelings would be for a health care policy that combines the best of both worlds. For example, for all basic health care needs, emergency care and other life saving surgeries, then use the system you have. For electives, such as face-lifts and medical procedures that are desired, but not required, then the patient would have to pay for this procedure. I am not too sure of the details of your system, and need more information, but this is what I think we should have here.

Let me think more and refine this plan, but that is kind of what is off the top of my head.

My own personal feelings would be for a health care policy that combines the best of both worlds. For example, for all basic health care needs, emergency care and other life saving surgeries, then use the system you have. For electives, such as face-lifts and medical procedures that are desired, but not required, then the patient would have to pay for this procedure. I am not too sure of the details of your system, and need more information, but this is what I think we should have here.

Let me think more and refine this plan, but that is kind of what is off the top of my head.

That sounds very much like our system. Certain things like plastic surgery, non-necessary drugs and vaccinations you have to pay for, but treatment such as hip operations for the elderly, things which aren't necessary as such, but can improve the quality of life of people are free on the NHS. As Wikipedia says (you know it's true because anyone can edit it):

Except for set charges applying to most adults for prescriptions, optician services and dentistry, the NHS is free for all patients "ordinarily resident" in the UK at the point of use irrespective of whether any National Insurance contributions have been paid.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently small, poor children are not allowed to be given health care through taxation on cigarettes because this would be "socialised healtcare."

George Bush is now not only killing Iraqi children, he's killing American children.

Why is this not provoking outrage? Why is it consigned to one section of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart?

Also, can the CIA stop trying to kill Putin? I know a gang of suicide bombers blowing themselves up when he comes to visit Tehran next week would be tempting, but its the wrong move. Seriously now. Stop.

Bhutto convoy blasts kill scores

Benazir Bhutto is helped down from her truck into another car (18 October 2007)

Ms Bhutto was rushed from the scene to her Karachi residency

More than 100 people have been killed, including 20 police officers, after two bombs hit crowds greeting returning Pakistani ex-PM Benazir Bhutto.

Ms Bhutto was being driven in a convoy through crowded streets from Karachi airport to a rally to mark her homecoming after eight years in exile.

Ms Bhutto was not hurt but 100 other people were injured.

Hundreds of thousands of people had turned out to greet the former PM, amid a huge security presence.

Several Islamist groups including pro-Taleban militants had made threats against Ms Bhutto.

There was blood all around and it was chaos - we didn't know where to go, what to do

Farzana Raja

PPP spokeswoman

On board Bhutto's flight

Crowds greet homecoming

Police have cordoned off the scene of the blasts and the area around a stage where she was due to give a speech to supporters has been evacuated.

Police say the bombings may have been suicide attacks.

President Pervez Musharraf said the attack was a "conspiracy against democracy".

The White House also condemned the blasts.

"Extremists will not be allowed to stop Pakistanis from selecting their representatives through an open and democratic process," said spokesman Gordon Johndroe.

Rushed away

The first explosion was relatively small but was followed by a much larger blast close to the front of Ms Bhutto's truck, which broke its windows and door.

Burning car after blast

The blasts brought Ms Bhutto's motorcade to a standstill

"There was blood all around and it was chaos - and we couldn't understand what was happening - we didn't know where to go, what to do," said Farzana Raja, a spokeswoman for Ms Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party (PPP).

It is not clear whether the bomber was on foot or in a vehicle.

Police vehicles took the main force of the blasts.

Most of the dead were members of the PPP. One cameraman for a local TV station was also killed.

Correspondents say Ms Bhutto may have been shielded from the blast by an overhang because she was sitting on top of the truck at the time.

The former prime minister was immediately rushed from the scene to her Karachi residency, according to contingency plans.

Power-sharing deal

Ms Bhutto flew in from Dubai earlier on Thursday, accompanied on the flight by about 100 PPP members.

KEY DATES

06 Oct: Presidential polls held

17 Oct: Supreme Court resumes hearing challenges to Musharraf candidacy

18 Oct: Benazir Bhutto's homecoming

15 Nov: Parliamentary term ends and general election must be held by mid-January

Flying into uncertainty

At least 200,000 people turned out to greet her in what correspondents described as a carnival atmosphere, but the crowds slowed the progress of her convoy.

Ms Bhutto had been planning to make a speech at the tomb of Pakistan's founding father, Mohammed Ali Jinnah.

The BBC's Damian Grammaticas in Karachi says that despite being away for eight years, Ms Bhutto is still enormously popular as a scion of Pakistan's pre-eminent political dynasty.

Ms Bhutto left the country soon after Gen Musharraf seized power in a coup, but returned under a power-sharing deal with the president which could see her becoming prime minister again.

The US has backed the deal, amid concerns about the military's inability to defeat Islamist militants and Gen Musharraf's rising unpopularity.

Disgusting.

Bhutto convoy blasts kill scores

Benazir Bhutto is helped down from her truck into another car (18 October 2007)

Ms Bhutto was rushed from the scene to her Karachi residency

More than 100 people have been killed, including 20 police officers, after two bombs hit crowds greeting returning Pakistani ex-PM Benazir Bhutto.

Ms Bhutto was being driven in a convoy through crowded streets from Karachi airport to a rally to mark her homecoming after eight years in exile.

Ms Bhutto was not hurt but 100 other people were injured.

Hundreds of thousands of people had turned out to greet the former PM, amid a huge security presence.

Several Islamist groups including pro-Taleban militants had made threats against Ms Bhutto.

There was blood all around and it was chaos - we didn't know where to go, what to do

Farzana Raja

PPP spokeswoman

On board Bhutto's flight

Crowds greet homecoming

Police have cordoned off the scene of the blasts and the area around a stage where she was due to give a speech to supporters has been evacuated.

Police say the bombings may have been suicide attacks.

President Pervez Musharraf said the attack was a "conspiracy against democracy".

The White House also condemned the blasts.

"Extremists will not be allowed to stop Pakistanis from selecting their representatives through an open and democratic process," said spokesman Gordon Johndroe.

Rushed away

The first explosion was relatively small but was followed by a much larger blast close to the front of Ms Bhutto's truck, which broke its windows and door.

Burning car after blast

The blasts brought Ms Bhutto's motorcade to a standstill

"There was blood all around and it was chaos - and we couldn't understand what was happening - we didn't know where to go, what to do," said Farzana Raja, a spokeswoman for Ms Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party (PPP).

It is not clear whether the bomber was on foot or in a vehicle.

Police vehicles took the main force of the blasts.

Most of the dead were members of the PPP. One cameraman for a local TV station was also killed.

Correspondents say Ms Bhutto may have been shielded from the blast by an overhang because she was sitting on top of the truck at the time.

The former prime minister was immediately rushed from the scene to her Karachi residency, according to contingency plans.

Power-sharing deal

Ms Bhutto flew in from Dubai earlier on Thursday, accompanied on the flight by about 100 PPP members.

KEY DATES

06 Oct: Presidential polls held

17 Oct: Supreme Court resumes hearing challenges to Musharraf candidacy

18 Oct: Benazir Bhutto's homecoming

15 Nov: Parliamentary term ends and general election must be held by mid-January

Flying into uncertainty

At least 200,000 people turned out to greet her in what correspondents described as a carnival atmosphere, but the crowds slowed the progress of her convoy.

Ms Bhutto had been planning to make a speech at the tomb of Pakistan's founding father, Mohammed Ali Jinnah.

The BBC's Damian Grammaticas in Karachi says that despite being away for eight years, Ms Bhutto is still enormously popular as a scion of Pakistan's pre-eminent political dynasty.

Ms Bhutto left the country soon after Gen Musharraf seized power in a coup, but returned under a power-sharing deal with the president which could see her becoming prime minister again.

The US has backed the deal, amid concerns about the military's inability to defeat Islamist militants and Gen Musharraf's rising unpopularity.

Disgusting.

I agree.

Indeed it is terrible, Benazir Bhutto is a wonderful pro-democracy figure for Pakistan, and perhaps one who can help the country modernise and become more open. This attack is the same as the Burma (Mayanmar) Regime's crackdown on Aung San Suu Kyi's efforts to bring democracy to the country.

Remember folks, no matter what FOX News says, OJ Simpson's trial is the not the only news going on. :P

• 1 month later...
I implore you to watch this: The Power of Nightmares on the BBC site.

[Deleted until I can ask HampsterKing if this would be permitted.]

The power of myths are quite strong, no?

I found the related article to the production, and that was scary in itself. :unsure: I've never thought of it this way. I mean, it wasn't like I was taking all the words of the politicians for fact, but I never realized exactly how much of it could have been built off of an illusion.

I found the related article to the production, and that was scary in itself. :unsure: I've never thought of it this way. I mean, it wasn't like I was taking all the words of the politicians for fact, but I never realized exactly how much of it could have been built off of an illusion.

That is what I was hoping! I gave you enough details to find it on your own.

*~*The Grand Illusion*!*The Final Cut*~*

I am here to inform you all that no matter how many Chuck Norris jokes he cracks in his ads, Mike Huckabee is a nutjob.

• 2 weeks later...

That is what I was hoping! I gave you enough details to find it on your own.

Yes, there happens to be a website where you can watch it for free, but obviously I am not at liberty to say which website that is. Try Google. Non-BBC website. Rhymes with Smarchive.

I take it you watched it yourself Horatio?

And yes. Huckabee is a psychotic fanatic who scares me deeply. Same goes for all Republican candidates except Guliani. Stupid Iowa. Stupid racist, religionist, ultraconservative fanatics who voted for Huckabee and Romney of Iowa.

And I'm not surprised Obama beat Clinton in Iowa, but what I think will happen now is that Clinton will win the next lot of caucuses and Obama will be behind.

Oh and:

[insert word here], Benazir Bhutto got assassinated. A dark day for democracy in Pakistan and worldwide. These weeks have not been good to democracy: Bhutto was assassinated, Kenya is on fire after vote rigging and Iowa chose Huckabee. HUCKABEE.

In other news, I have met the new leader of the PPP, Bhutto's son, when I was at Oxford for my interviews. I say met, I mean saw for a brief moment. I wonder how he will lead the PPP in the run up to the elections.

Oh and:

[insert word here], Benazir Bhutto got assassinated. A dark day for democracy in Pakistan and worldwide. These weeks have not been good to democracy: Bhutto was assassinated, Kenya is on fire after vote rigging and Iowa chose Huckabee. HUCKABEE.

In other news, I have met the new leader of the PPP, Bhutto's son, when I was at Oxford for my interviews. I say met, I mean saw for a brief moment. I wonder how he will lead the PPP in the run up to the elections.

Bhutto was expecting to be assassinated. How sad. As for her son, well, only time will tell. Let's hope he doesn't get assassinated as well. Tribal politics... that is all I see there.

Obama... I am glad at he won Iowa. Clinton didn't even come in second. *round of applause* I hope she sinks faster than the Titanic. Take a look at the article in the December 2007, Atlantic Monthly on Obama. Let me know what you think.

And yes... I did view it.

Oxford, how fantastic. I certainly hope you get accepted. Please keep us posted.

Anyone else notice that Clinton moved to NY *just* so she could become senator? Anyways, Ron Paul has my vote. It's a shame he's so under-publicized. The media isn't too fond of him. Anyways, go find the wikipedia page for "ron paul political views." Most of his ideas are identical to mine. I was shocked.

Anyone else notice that Clinton moved to NY *just* so she could become senator? Anyways, Ron Paul has my vote. It's a shame he's so under-publicized. The media isn't too fond of him. Anyways, go find the wikipedia page for "ron paul political views." Most of his ideas are identical to mine. I was shocked.

Of course we noticed that Clinton moved to NY *just* so she could become senator. BUT... what idiots elected her???????? :o:o:o

I would have booted her butt back to Arkansas. Even that state did not want the Clintons back.

you haven't seen my town.

DUDE, even my GRANDMA likes Huckabee. And she's very X 1,000 Democratic.

D:

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*(

Of course we noticed that Clinton moved to NY *just* so she could become senator. BUT... what idiots elected her???????? :o:o:o

I would have booted her butt back to Arkansas. Even that state did not want the Clintons back.

I don't know. I would think that people would vote for someone who, you know, lives in their state? It's so dumb. Kinda makes me afraid of the people that vote these days..... :unsure:

I am here to inform you all that no matter how many Chuck Norris jokes he cracks in his ads, Mike Huckabee is a nutjob.

You mean those ads are REAL?! :o I saw one on (a certain video site) and I thought it was a joke. Chuck Norris jokes are a nice fad, but that's all they should be. And why would Chuck Norris, or at least the image we have created of the man, be involved with politics? Well, I think Huckabee is a nutjob for making those ads. Yuck, that's taking things too far.

Stupid racist, religionist, ultraconservative fanatics who voted for Huckabee and Romney of Iowa.

Yeah, so much for separation of church and state. :( People making huge, media-sucking, political issues out of things that shouldn't raise questions about the law but instead stay in the church where the only real conflicts are. Speaking of which, only one more year now until Bush leaves office! ...okay, that's not very short at all :mellow:

You mean those ads are REAL?! :o I saw one on (a certain video site) and I thought it was a joke. Chuck Norris jokes are a nice fad, but that's all they should be. And why would Chuck Norris, or at least the image we have created of the man, be involved with politics? Well, I think Huckabee is a nutjob for making those ads. Yuck, that's taking things too far.

Stupid racist, religionist, ultraconservative fanatics who voted for Huckabee and Romney of Iowa.

Yeah, so much for separation of church and state. :( People making huge, media-sucking, political issues out of things that shouldn't raise questions about the law but instead stay in the church where the only real conflicts are. Speaking of which, only one more year now until Bush leaves office! ...okay, that's not very short at all :mellow:

Well, you may not know this, but Chuck is a Christian; Huckabee (What kind of title is "President Huckabee", anyway?) is the definition of Religious fanatic. Speaking of Religious fanatics, somebody needs to hurry up and do something about them. I'm tired of their whining about The Golden Compass.

Has anyone here heard John Fogerty's new album Revival? No? Would you buy it if I told you that one of the lines on his album is "I'm sick and tired of your dirty little war," would you buy it?

That is all.

*~*The psychedelic Luau*~*the astronomy Domine*~*

When go to Europe and somehow get into political talk with a resident, they always ask me how Bush got elected...

Oh and:

Bhutto was expecting to be assassinated. How sad. As for her son, well, only time will tell. Let's hope he doesn't get assassinated as well. Tribal politics... that is all I see there.

Obama... I am glad at he won Iowa. Clinton didn't even come in second. *round of applause* I hope she sinks faster than the Titanic. Take a look at the article in the December 2007, Atlantic Monthly on Obama. Let me know what you think.

And yes... I did view it.

Oxford, how fantastic. I certainly hope you get accepted. Please keep us posted.

Yes, she is a great loss for Pakistan. Especially since Nawaz Sharif is an awful leader, but other than the PPP he is the only democratic alternative to Bhutto's party. As for tribal politics, I think it has gone beyond that now. Now it is sinking into chaos.

So am I, I just suspect he won't be able to replicate that success in the rest of the caucuses, whereas Hillary will be able to if you look at how great her lead is over Obama and Edwards in New Hampshire. I really don't like Edwards incidentally. I hope he drops out quick. Having read the Obama article, I find myself wanting him more and more to succeed, its just that I don't think he will be able to triumph against a strong Republican candidate like McCain or Guliani, or even an independent Bloomburg and to be honest, its more about having a Democrat in the White House than how that Democrat is presented. As that article points out, it is not about policy, as all the policies are very close together, but the character of the person presenting them and I'm not sure the American public would choose this inspirational, young, black candidate over a more experienced, solid candidate... like Clinton...

Thoughts on it?

Thank you. I actually got my acceptance letter just before Christmas, so all I need is the grades. Three As though in three very academic subjects. :closedeyes:

So, having just read up on Huckabee a bit, I'm shocked that he's so popular. Really? I mean I agree with one or two things he said, but really? A lot of the things he says are just so illogical....

I agree.

Rolling Stone recently did an article on him. It's not in the current issue, though.

*~*The Grand Illusion**The Final Cut*~&*

Oh ho ho! Looky what Boing Boing sent me in my e-mail inbox!

Mike Huckabee may have won the Iowa primary, but does he really think that Canada's Parliament resides in a "national igloo?" Rick Mercer's comedic Canadian TV show "Talking to Americans" (asking people on the streets of US cities nonsensical questions about Canada to see if they call shenanigans or whether they become genuinely alarmed at the idea that, say, the Canadian elderly are set adrift on ice floes instead of being sent to retirement homes) caught Huckabee on video during his days as governor of Arkansas and asked him to send a message of support to Canada and its struggling "national igloo," a notional ice-sculpture scale replica of the White House in which the Canadian Parliament meets and debates.

Huckabee gave a stirring endorsement to the igloo, presumably after ascertaining that the igloo was not used by homosexuals.

**The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

So, having just read up on Huckabee a bit, I'm shocked that he's so popular. Really? I mean I agree with one or two things he said, but really? A lot of the things he says are just so illogical....

Religion, of course. That's probably the main reason why. "My religion does not decide my actions, it drives them." Oh, so I guess it just drove you to flat-out oppose abortion and same-sex marriage, while the first issue really should be handled on an individual basis and NOT by the government, and the second issue could not possibly defile the term "marriage" more than heterosexual couples have already defiled it. Really, people place too much importance on a single word, like it's some kind of special, holy word even though the bible doesn't make it such (maybe other sacred texts do?).

Sorry, mini-rant there. So anyway this "fair tax" plan of his is actually kind of interesting. It takes away everything, including the IRS, except a sales tax which is raised to 23% or something. My dad says that our family would probably be paying less. Just think, no poopy self-employment tax (which, in Connecticut at least, is 100% more tax), no struggles over what things were "earned" or not, no losing HALF of all your winnings (I think that's just ridiculous! What's the point?? You win Who Wants to be a Millionaire and you can't even be a Millionaire!)

My family seems to like him, mostly because of the tax thing I think. I'm so tired of religion in politics. Can anyone explain why the government has to make moral decisions? Are people too stupid to have their own morals?

Religion, of course. That's probably the main reason why. "My religion does not decide my actions, it drives them." Oh, so I guess it just drove you to flat-out oppose abortion and same-sex marriage, while the first issue really should be handled on an individual basis and NOT by the government, and the second issue could not possibly defile the term "marriage" more than heterosexual couples have already defiled it. Really, people place too much importance on a single word, like it's some kind of special, holy word even though the bible doesn't make it such (maybe other sacred texts do?).

Sorry, mini-rant there. So anyway this "fair tax" plan of his is actually kind of interesting. It takes away everything, including the IRS, except a sales tax which is raised to 23% or something. My dad says that our family would probably be paying less. Just think, no poopy self-employment tax (which, in Connecticut at least, is 100% more tax), no struggles over what things were "earned" or not, no losing HALF of all your winnings (I think that's just ridiculous! What's the point?? You win Who Wants to be a Millionaire and you can't even be a Millionaire!)

My family seems to like him, mostly because of the tax thing I think. I'm so tired of religion in politics. Can anyone explain why the government has to make moral decisions? Are people too stupid to have their own morals?

Sadly, yes, people are too stupid to have their own morals it seems. :rolleyes: But that's still not the government's place. Tell your parents to look at Ron Paul. He's got big plans for lowering taxes as well. He also says that it should be up to the states, not the federal government, to decide things like same-sex marriage and abortion.

Sadly, yes, people are too stupid to have their own morals it seems. :rolleyes: But that's still not the government's place. Tell your parents to look at Ron Paul. He's got big plans for lowering taxes as well. He also says that it should be up to the states, not the federal government, to decide things like same-sex marriage and abortion.

To me, the person you choose to marry and whether or not you have an abortion, should never be decisions of the state.

I think these are totally personal choices and should be left to the individual.

To me, the person you choose to marry and whether or not you have an abortion, should never be decisions of the state.

I think these are totally personal choices and should be left to the individual.

I agree that the government has no place in marriage. As far as they're concerned, it should be all civil unions, for legal purposes only. For the abortion thing, however, beliefs on when life begins is an issue that makes it not just a personal choice. If you think a fetus isn't a human life, then I understand why one might think abortion is a personal choice. However, many, if not most people (including myself) think that fetuses are human lives, and that killing them is murder. When you look at it that way, abortion affects TWO people, not just the woman who wants one. It also affects the unborn baby. I'm not saying everyone agrees with that, but if you can look at it from that perspective, you'll understand why so many people are so against abortion.

Hm, I guess that's somewhat preferable. My dad's already looked at all the candidates though. I don't think he has anything against Ron Paul, maybe except he's not popular enough...well anyway we would prefer a Democrat get in, Obama or Edwards. We're not too keen on Hillary anymore.

I agree completely. But if it HAS to be in the law...I guess I would prefer state choice over a federal ban, though an amendment preventing discrimination by sexual orientation would be great. Seems we've got a ways to go before that though, because some spoiled, stubborn, mean guy decided to propose an amendment that "defines" marriage. :rolleyes: Well isn't that great for you, why don't you go "define" when life begins for babies while you're at it. <_<

*~*The Grand Illusion*~&*The Final Cut*~*

You're my hero.

Ok, my view on Abortion and Gay marriage...First, I don't like abortion, I don't want to ever be in the position to have one, but I don't believe in taking away people's personal rights. Aaaand most of my family says the same thing. I don't like talking with people about abortion a whole lot because I always offend people.

I am a big supporter of Gay marriage. They say that it will ruin the sanctity of Britney Spear's 55-hour just for fun marriages, but I don't think I'd call some of the things that straight marriage has wrought throughout the years, including, but not limited to, Polygamy, arranged marriages, stalking, violence, abuse, and child-brides, has done very well at keeping the sanctity of marriage. And neither is the divorce rate. Let me tell you that I know a few gay couples who are WAY more loving then any straight married couples I knew or once knew. My mom and dad, my dad and stepmom, almost no straight marriages i have seen have worked out. The only ones I can think of were that of both sets of my grandparents.

By the way...I saw a message on FreeWebs today. Someone said that the War was good, and then made a peace sign using computer symbols. I left a medium-length rant.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~&*The Final Cut*~*

You're my hero.

Ok, my view on Abortion and Gay marriage...First, I don't like abortion, I don't want to ever be in the position to have one, but I don't believe in taking away people's personal rights. Aaaand most of my family says the same thing. I don't like talking with people about abortion a whole lot because I always offend people.

I am a big supporter of Gay marriage. They say that it will ruin the sanctity of Britney Spear's 55-hour just for fun marriages, but I don't think I'd call some of the things that straight marriage has wrought throughout the years, including, but not limited to, Polygamy, arranged marriages, stalking, violence, abuse, and child-brides, has done very well at keeping the sanctity of marriage. And neither is the divorce rate. Let me tell you that I know a few gay couples who are WAY more loving then any straight married couples I knew or once knew. My mom and dad, my dad and stepmom, almost no straight marriages i have seen have worked out. The only ones I can think of were that of both sets of my grandparents.

By the way...I saw a message on FreeWebs today. Someone said that the War was good, and then made a peace sign using computer symbols. I left a medium-length rant.

Not much to say in response except, very well put! And nice job on the rant.

I am (very) pro-life

and re: gay marriage...well i'm in a tough position! i love & support elton but im also catholic. :blink:

so yeah.

~Liz

How about viewing it this way... you don't have to be involved in a gay marriage, but be tolerant of someone who is.

This way you can abide by your faith, but allow others to live their lives the way they wish.

How does that sound to you?

I am (very) pro-life

and re: gay marriage...well i'm in a tough position! i love & support elton but im also catholic. :blink:

so yeah.

~Liz

How about viewing it this way... you don't have to be involved in a gay marriage, but be tolerant of someone who is.

This way you can abide by your faith, but allow others to live their lives the way they wish.

cool. you're good at this advice stuff ^_^

and it's prolife week at my school :D

~Liz

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Thank you, but I am not so sure how good I am.

The basis for my views are to treat people how I would like to be treated. If you are a nice person, I would not try and interfere with how you live your life just as long as you didn't hurt (crime-wise) another person and if you did not try and make me believe how you believe. I have many gay friends and they are absolutely some of the most wonderful people and the best friends. If they invited me to their weddings, I would most certainly go and wish them all the best life has to offer. Who am I to say they cannot be "married"? To many, it is just a piece of paper. But in reality, it is much more. Outside of the church, the "marriage" means that they have a say over their partner's health, they can share in the healthcare benefits from the workplace, plus various other things that married people take for granted. So, let them be happy and make the decision for themselves.

As for pro-life... this really comes down to your belief as to when life begins. If you say it begins when a cell or two are created then you have one view-point, and if you say it begins when the child is born, then you have a different one. I believe that the individual or individuals are the ones to make the decision and not the government. There are many, many instances where there is abuse or other situation where someone gets pregnant and I will never, ever tell someone else what to do. Unless I have walked in their shoes, how can I say what course of action they should take.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

I was about to say something, but then I remembered that you don't got to public school like I do...They might as well have a pro-life week at my skool, it's not like any of the kids know what that means. Most of them are pro-life without really researching the TAWPEEK much. I usually try to research stuff first before making a view on that thing.

Well, I respect your view,but I'm not pro-life...I don't like abortion...I dislike it as much as you do. But I don't believe in making abortion illegal. And that's that.

I don't like talking about abortion with friends, anyway. It makes me feel awkward. Actually, I don't do politics with my friends a whole lot unless we're agreeing on the same issue

As for gay marriage: I totally drew Jeff and tony (from EarthBound) making out today. :o Arkcher was kinda ticked. So was JR. JR is against gay marriage though so he doesn't count.

And yes, Horatio is teh awesome advice-giver. o:

*~*the psychedelic lauu*!~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

I was about to say something, but then I remembered that you don't got to public school like I do...They might as well have a pro-life week at my skool, it's not like any of the kids know what that means. Most of them are pro-life without really researching the TAWPEEK much. I usually try to research stuff first before making a view on that thing.

Well, I respect your view,but I'm not pro-life...I don't like abortion...I dislike it as much as you do. But I don't believe in making abortion illegal. And that's that.

I don't like talking about abortion with friends, anyway. It makes me feel awkward. Actually, I don't do politics with my friends a whole lot unless we're agreeing on the same issue

As for gay marriage: I totally drew Jeff and tony (from EarthBound) making out today. :o Arkcher was kinda ticked. So was JR. JR is against gay marriage though so he doesn't count.

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it, although I never thought of myself as a good advice giver.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it, although I never thought of myself as a good advice giver.

Seriously, H? Because you truly are.

As for abortion and gay marriage, I don't have much of an opinion on either. I think abortion should be avoided unless necessary, and I'm not going to get in a gay marriage anytime soon, but I'm not going to stop those who want to.

On that note, I really like Ron Paul. I think getting back to our roots would really benefit America.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

As for abortion and gay marriage, I don't have much of an opinion on either. I think abortion should be avoided unless necessary, and I'm not going to get in a gay marriage anytime soon, but I'm not going to stop those who want to.

On that note, I really like Ron Paul. I think getting back to our roots would really benefit America.

I like him, but "president Paul" doesn't sound as awesome as "President Obama" or "President Mushroom_king"

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

I like him, but "president Paul" doesn't sound as awesome as "President Obama" or "President Mushroom_king"

I vote President Mushroom_king!!!!!!

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

I vote President Mushroom_king!!!!!!

>:D

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

But, President Paul has alliteration. x3

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

So? >_> Alliteration doesn't make the name more awesome.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Says you. Alliteration makes EVERYTHING more awesome.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Well, I have a new friend, and her name is Hammie Hoops.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

"Chuck Norris" isn't alliteration, is it?

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Uh, no. Did I ever say it was? o_o

No but who says Nuck Norris wouldn't be more awesome? But of course no one can imitate the name of Chuck Norris and live, so I guess that's a moot point.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

YOU say that alliteration makes everything more awesome. Chuck Norris is the highest level of awesome, but "Chuck Norris" is not an alliteration. So alliteration does not make everything cooler.

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

YOU say that alliteration makes everything more awesome. Chuck Norris is the highest level of awesome, but "Chuck Norris" is not an alliteration. So alliteration does not make everything cooler.

Bleh, that meme is getting tiring. He's a cool guy and all, but ultimate awesome? Nah.

Also, Nuck Norris is amazing. xD

I am (very) pro-life

so yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Bleh, that meme is getting tiring. He's a cool guy and all, but ultimate awesome? Nah.

Also, Nuck Norris is amazing. xD

Does this mean I can say that Shigeru Miyamoto is the coolest guy in the world and not get punched?