Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Dog Lover's Siggy!

Hi! This is my topic for my siggy cuz i wanted to put lots of stuff in here...please dont post here, just talk to me in my Elton John topic or anywhere else i ususally am.

DOG LOVER'S SIGNATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gradient by Glow wurm!

Hey, it's Liz! The #1 Lover of Dogs Here!

AND the #1 Lover of Elton John! And probably John Lennon too!

I LOVE ELTON JOHN!!!

PICTURES:

Elton John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elton John ej13.jpg

Elton John john3.jpg

Elton John 041117_scoop_elton_john_vmed.widec.jpg

Elton John eltonjohn.jpg from his 60th birthday, with confetti all over him.

Elton John 0901_elton_john_b.jpg

Elton John 244.john.elton.101006.jpg

Elton John d9c50d83-c439-431d-ada1-43c38db0e2f4.widec.jpg

Elton John Elton_John.jpg

Rocket Man (Number Ones) Cover0060251726190_500X500.jpg

ELTON JOHN CONTEST:

Special award to anyone who knows what songs all of these are from without looking all of them (or most of them) up. I know I won't be able to regulate this, so it will have to be on the honor system.

1. "My sister looks cute in her braces and boots/a handfull of grease in her hair"

2. "Hardly a hero/just someone his mother might know..."

3. "Turning back, she just laughs/the boulevard is not that bad"

4. "Hello, baby hello/Haven't seen your face for a while"

5. "The roses in the window box have tilted to one side/Everything in this house was born to grow and die"

6. "Loneliness was tough/The toughest role you ever played"

7. "Hey kids, shake it loose together/The spotlight's hitting something/that's been known to change the weather"

8. "I'm dried up and sick to death with love/If you need to know it/I never really understood that stuff"

9. "I can't love shot full of holes/I don't feel nothing I just feel cold/Don't feel nothing just old scars/Toughening up around my heart"

10. "She packed my bags last night, pre-flight/Zero hour, nine AM"

11. "When I think of those East End lights/Muggy nights/Curtains drawn in the little room downstairs"

12. "Those old die-hards in Denmark street start laughing/At the keyboard player's hollow haunted eyes"

13. "It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside..."

14. "...something shockin' when your feet just can't keep still/I never knew me a better time and I guess I never will"

15. "They say Spain is pretty, though I've never been"

16. "If you choose to, you can live your life alone/Some people choose the city/Some others choose the good old family home"

17. "Oh, she's a big girl/she's standing 6 foot 3/Turning tricks for the dudes in the big city"

18. "What do I do when lightning strikes me/and I wake to find that you're not there?"

19. "Looking like a true survivor/Feeling like a little kid"

20. "Hey you, you're a child in my head/You haven't walked yet, your first words have yet to be said"

The honest way to win this is to listen to Elton John songs as obsessively as I do! So go and listen!

You can post your guesses in my Elton John topic in "Music, Lyrics, Songs, Singing, etc."

Notes: These aren't necessesarily my favorite songs and/or favorite lyrics. They might be, but they were just kind of random. None of the song titles are actually mentioned in the chosen lyrics, that would have been too easy. Some of them people will know right off the bat, and some will be known only to true fans like me. DO NOT JUST GOOGLE THESE (ETC.)!!! That ruins it. I'm trying to get non-fans to become fans, or find people that are already fans. If no one gets all of them within a certain amount of time, I will give the award to the person with the most right. OK, I think that's it. Thanks!

Random Thoughts And Stuff

El tono es bueno!!!

...45 years isn't that big of an age gap...right? (...silence)

"hey! our names both start with E!" "and your point is?"

a scene from my piano recital: me: "i've got a picture of him!"

............................................my friend: "no offense but that picture's kind of gay"

............................................to which i can only laugh hysterically

Apparently Elton John is afraid of frogs...

Watch out! It's Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future! XD

***Lord Choc Ice Lives!***

Elton's many songs include "Screw You" "My Elusive Drug" "White Lady White Powder" "I Think I'm Going To Kill Myself" "Original Sin" "Social Disease" "Wicked Dreams" and "The B---- is Back." Try putting THAT stuff on a "soft rock" "lite" or "easy listening" radio station!!! HA! (Yet his songs never get banned. Ever. And if you listen, there's a lot more questionable content than you'd think.) (But people love him so much they can't face not listening to him! That's the story I'm sticking with.)

^^^(Don't worry, I'm the only person who will understand all this stuff.)^^^

Elton John Songs On My mp3 player counter: 270 (and counting!)

Go visit Elton John's official website! I know no urls, but i think you can figure it out. It's very simple. Bit too simple, but there you are.

ATTENTION!!!

To anyone who doesn't know, I would like to make it known that (almost) all of Elton's lyrics were written by a man named Bernie Taupin. Not a lot of people know who he is, so I'm trying to raise awareness. Elton John once said (and I'm sorry if I slightly misquote this, I forgot where I read it so I can't check it) "Without Bernie there would be no songs" This is true! So next time that you're listening to an Elton John song, tell people about Bernie Taupin. This is because he gets forgotten a lot and I don't want that to happen! (And I don't think he wants that to happen either) (But if he tells anyone that he's fine with anonymity, just let me know) (Just trying to help)

Bernie:bernie1.jpg

Random Elton Fact/Information of the day/week/month/year:

This one is a quote from "Elton John" by Philip Norman. It makes me wish I had been born 45 years earlier in Britain.

The usual pains and tensions of puberty seemed to trouble him remarkably little. He had the advantage of attending a co-educational school where girls were a daily fact, rather than, as for so many English boys, figures of fantasy and speculation. Despite his podgy build and his puggy, four-eyed face, he had a good rating on Pinner County Grammar's girls' grapevine. He was funny and interesting; he possessed the unusual attributes of good mannners and politeness, and the still more unusual one of knowing how to be friends with girls. Going on a date with Reg Dwight [Elton] was totally free of the usual physical unease. He was happy to see a film or a pop show, walk his partner home, then say goodnight. Girls were relieved to know someone with whom they could spend an evening, free from the ultimate dread of a spotty lunge or a knee driven into their layered petticoats.

~for however brief a time, he did love renate. and that's the small shred of hope i so desperately cling to.~

I'll add more soon!

continuation of my siggy:

choice quotes from the Elton John biography by Philip Norman.

((I am acknowledging that Philip Norman wrote the book that i am quoting so this is NOT plagiarism!!!))

There was never any doubt that Elton genuinely loved Renate. Months after his wedding, he was still talking about it in wonderment to his long-time friend Nina Myskow. 'He told me that when he turned round in that church and saw Renate coming down the aisle towards him, he thought she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen in his life. And there were tears in his eyes when he said it'...Two people equally shy and uncertain can often bring about miracles together...On one level, being married suited him perfectly. He called Renate 'the wife' as naturally as if they had settled in a mock-Tudor semi in Pinner, Northwood, or Dollis Hill. He would write letters and cards to 'Wifey' signing them 'Hubby'...No other rock star's wife was ever treated with such old-world chivalry. 'Whenever they were together, Elton paid attention to Renate all the time,' Nanette Newman remembers. 'He'd always be leaning over to kiss her or squeeze her hand. He always seemed worried that she might feel neglected or left out.' It was wonderful to him to have someone in his life whom he could spoil, publicly and legitimately. His lavishness with Renate passed all previous bounds. He showered gifts on her, jewellery, flowers, clothes, and still more clothes for her stupendously expanded wardrobe. Her greatest weakness, like his own, was chocolate. At Easter, Harrods would be ordered to send its most prodigious chocolate egg for 'the wife.'...His verdict on marriage so far? 'Fabulous. I'm so happy, and very much in love. Being married has made me so much calmer. I'm less argumentative now, and more reasonable.'...He returned constantly to the theme of having children, always stressing the plural. 'I was an only child, and I didn't enjoy that much. Ideally, I'd like to have two, buit you never know. Please God that we can have one. We've been trying for children, but it hasn't happened yet.'

THERE'S STILL HOPE! I WILL NEVER SURRENDER MY HOPE!!!

I will find more quotes later.

• 1 month later...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I found an avatar on photobucket making fun of Elton John. I ought to seek out whoever made it and punch them in the face.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

I found an avatar on photobucket making fun of Elton John. I ought to seek out whoever made it and punch them in the face.

thanks for thinking of me, but could you please post in the elton john topic as opposed to here? and delete that ^^^ post? thanks...(you too horatio!)

thanks for thinking of me, but could you please post in the elton john topic as opposed to here? and delete that ^^^ post? thanks...(you too horatio!)

If Mushroom_king makes a post in the Elton John topic, I can take the information from here and place it there and then delete her post and this one.

If Mushroom_king makes a post in the Elton John topic, I can take the information from here and place it there and then delete her post and this one.

thank you!

hey, MK! go do what horatio said! (please) thanks very much!

~Liz

• 4 weeks later...

List Of My EJ Albums (all are CD unless otherwise noted):

1969 Empty Sky

1970 Elton John

1970 Tumbleweed Connection (CD and record)

1971 Friends Soundtrack (only record)

1971 Madman Across The Water

1972 Honky Chateau (only record)

1973 Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player

1973 Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (CD and record)

1974 Caribou

1974 Greatest Hits (CD and record)

1975 Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy (CD and record)

1975 Rock Of The Westies

1976 Here And There

1977 Greatest Hits Volume 2

1978 A Single Man

1979 Victim Of Love

1981 The Fox (only record)

1983 Too Low For Zero

1985 Ice On Fire

1987 Live In Australia With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra

1989 Sleeping With The Past

1989 The Complete Thom Bell Sessions

1992 The One

1993 Duets

1993 Greatest Hits 1976 - 1986

1994 16 Legendary Covers As Sung By Elton John

1995 Made In England

1996 Love Songs

1997 The Big Picture

1997 Candle In The Wind 1997 (single)

1999 Elton John and Tim Rice's AIDA

2000 One Night Only

2001 Songs From The West Coast

2002 Greatest Hits 1970-2002

2004 Peachtree Road

2005? Billy Elliot Bonus CD (Consists of EJ singing 3 of the songs from the musical Billy Elliot)

2006 The Captain And The Kid

2007 Rocket Man - Number Ones

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...