Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Couple of sad things.

Saddest note: A teacher, my life skills teacher who has an interesting sense of humor. His wife and 2-year-old girl passed in an accident a couple weeks ago. They were on their way back from the desert, where he was going to work as a principal. Likely, they were packing and going back to their home in the place they lived before. My teacher was in a separate car. I can only imagine what pain he went through. Many students didn't understand his sense of humor and didn't like him very much. But nobody deserves this pain. I can only wonder how he feels right now.

Sad note: By now, my pig Juliet has probably been slaughtered. Now, for those of you who think I'm heartless to have raised a market hog in the first place, I did in fact cry, even though I did get $3.50 per lb. Weighed 209. It didn't hit me until I decided to let her run around one last time and I told people why we were running them around. Pretty much felt depressed for a couple of days, still a bit bummed out. It hit me again yesterday morning when we loaded her up on the trailer. So yeah. Just felt kinda down... But I'm not going vegetarian because of that. I am fully aware that these pigs are given better lives by not being raised on large-scale farms and rather being raised by someone like me. I loved that pig and she was raised for that. So I'm totally fine with eating meat still, I just have a better appreciation for the life it was.

Saddest note: A teacher, my life skills teacher who has an interesting sense of humor. His wife and 2-year-old girl passed in an accident a couple weeks ago. They were on their way back from the desert, where he was going to work as a principal. Likely, they were packing and going back to their home in the place they lived before. My teacher was in a separate car. I can only imagine what pain he went through. Many students didn't understand his sense of humor and didn't like him very much. But nobody deserves this pain. I can only wonder how he feels right now.

Sad note: By now, my pig Juliet has probably been slaughtered. Now, for those of you who think I'm heartless to have raised a market hog in the first place, I did in fact cry, even though I did get $3.50 per lb. Weighed 209. It didn't hit me until I decided to let her run around one last time and I told people why we were running them around. Pretty much felt depressed for a couple of days, still a bit bummed out. It hit me again yesterday morning when we loaded her up on the trailer. So yeah. Just felt kinda down... But I'm not going vegetarian because of that. I am fully aware that these pigs are given better lives by not being raised on large-scale farms and rather being raised by someone like me. I loved that pig and she was raised for that. So I'm totally fine with eating meat still, I just have a better appreciation for the life it was.

My heart goes out to your teacher. May I please suggest that you send a sympathy card to your teacher through your old school, they will forward it to his home. I am so sorry that anyone has to endure such pain. His life was taking a big step forward and now this step has so much sadness attached to it. Your teacher will be in my thoughts, heart and prayers. We really do not realize just how short life can be.

Julian... I am really sorry. He did live a better life than most pigs who are slaughtered, but that does not make it any easier for you. In my heart I know exactly how you feel and wish I had a way of making you feel better. *gives Mega Wolf a big hug*

My heart goes out to your teacher. May I please suggest that you send a sympathy card to your teacher through your old school, they will forward it to his home. I am so sorry that anyone has to endure such pain. His life was taking a big step forward and now this step has so much sadness attached to it. Your teacher will be in my thoughts, heart and prayers. We really do not realize just how short life can be.

Julian... I am really sorry. He did live a better life than most pigs who are slaughtered, but that does not make it any easier for you. In my heart I know exactly how you feel and wish I had a way of making you feel better. *gives Mega Wolf a big hug*

Julian=boyfriend. Juliet=girl piggy. XD :lol:

Ooops!

:blush: :blush: :blush:

XD That would have made for such a weird post. "I'm really sad I had to send my boyfriend to the slaughter house. I got $3.50 per pound, though, and let him run around for a while. It was loading him into the truck that got me"

XD That would have made for such a weird post. "I'm really sad I had to send my boyfriend to the slaughter house. I got $3.50 per pound, though, and let him run around for a while. It was loading him into the truck that got me"

ROFOCLH !!!!!!!

*gives - Kat - The Special Triple Gold Star Award*

Priceless!!!!!!!!!

:lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol:

that really stinks. D=

I just wish there was something I could do about it.

And I can understand the sorrow you must have felt about the pig.

but you sold it for $731.50?

nice.

how much did raising it cost?

that really stinks. D=

nice.

Sssshhhhh!

You're not supposed to ask that question. :D

that really stinks. D=

nice.

Sssshhhhh!

You're not supposed to ask that question. :D

That's alright. XD Except it cost me like $600-odd. But I think I get another $150 profit because I helped at this one barbecue fundraiser thingy. XD

How long did you raise her for?

How long did you raise her for?

Two months. That's cuz we got the pigs when they were 4 months.

ROFOCLH !!!!!!!

*gives - Kat - The Special Triple Gold Star Award*

Priceless!!!!!!!!!

:lol: LOL :lol: LOL :lol:

:D *scurries away to edit siggy*