YAH. RLY. :o

LOL!

~Liz

:lol::lol::lol:

I never would have guessed. :D

It's not like it's blatantly obvious or anything.... :rolleyes:

~Liz

So, when's your next concert?

Meh. I don't know. He's performing at Mohegan Sun in CT next month, but my mom says she's spent too much on concerts (What, like three in one year is a lot. :rolleyes: )

So....I don't know.

~Liz

I

~Liz

O RLY ????? :blink:

LOL!

~Liz

:lol: LOL :lol:

~Liz

Meh. I don't know. He's performing at Mohegan Sun in CT next month, but my mom says she's spent too much on concerts (What, like three in one year is a lot. :rolleyes: )

So....I don't know.

~Liz

Three concerts and how many plays? :rolleyes: LOL

I <3 Elton. :lol:

~Liz

LOL!

~Liz

LOL

~Liz

So....I don't know.

~Liz

Oddly enough, I don't think I've been in the city since Spring Break. BUT...Elton is going to be on "The View" on the 11th, so my mom and I are going to get there really really early and try to get into the studio audience. (I have the day off for veteran's day)

AND my mom was looking on ebay and saw Billy Elliot tickets for monday night the 10th. So hopefully if all goes well, we can get those tix, see BE on monday night, get like 2 hours of sleep (LOL) and then line up for the view tues. morning. :D:D:D

Cross your fingers for me!

~Liz

I

~Liz

YAH. RLY.

LOL!

~Liz

LOL

I never would have guessed.

It's not like it's blatantly obvious or anything....

~Liz

So....I don't know.

~Liz

Oddly enough, I don't think I've been in the city since Spring Break. BUT...Elton is going to be on "The View" on the 11th, so my mom and I are going to get there really really early and try to get into the studio audience. (I have the day off for veteran's day)

AND my mom was looking on ebay and saw Billy Elliot tickets for monday night the 10th. So hopefully if all goes well, we can get those tix, see BE on monday night, get like 2 hours of sleep (LOL) and then line up for the view tues. morning. :D:D:D

~Liz

*crosses paws for Dog Lover*

Now that would be one cool day!!!!! :D

I would say that you have one outstanding mother!!!!!!!

I <3 Elton. LOL

~Liz

YAH. RLY.

LOL!

~Liz

LOL

~Liz

So....I don't know.

~Liz

~Liz

Or.... You could just stay home and watch The View from the comfort of your own home, after a normal amount of sleep. :rolleyes:

I

~Liz

YAH. RLY.

LOL!

~Liz

LOL

~Liz

So....I don't know.

~Liz

~Liz

Or.... You could just stay home and watch The View from the comfort of your own home, after a normal amount of sleep. :rolleyes:

That's no fun.

I <3 Elton. LOL

~Liz

YAH. RLY.

LOL!

~Liz

LOL

~Liz

So....I don't know.

~Liz

~Liz

That's no fun.

Exactly! Except I found out my mom thought the tickets were one price, but they were really too much, (for BE), so that's out, but we're still trying for the View. And our TV isn't working so we might have to find someone else to tape it for us.

~Liz

These are the Elton John albums I have on my new iPod:

-Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

-Captain Fantastic

-Love Songs

-ROCKET MAAAN

Sweetly Awesome!

By Rocket Man, do you mean the "Rocket Man - Number Ones" compilation that was released last year, or just the song Rocket Man?

Enjoy them. :D I have over 35 albums of his on my iPod...

I'll wait for you to catch up! :P

~Liz

-Captain Fantastic

-Love Songs

-ROCKET MAAAN

Sweetly Awesome!

By Rocket Man, do you mean the "Rocket Man - Number Ones" compilation that was released last year, or just the song Rocket Man?

~Liz

the album.

I can't catch up on Elton right now. I gotta do that with Pink Floyd before I do anything. I want to get Animals as my next album.

-Captain Fantastic

-Love Songs

-ROCKET MAAAN

Sweetly Awesome!

~Liz

the album.

I can't catch up on Elton right now. I gotta do that with Pink Floyd before I do anything. I want to get Animals as my next album.

OK. Doesn't it have an awesome cover?

post-1940-1226072563_thumb.jpg

As for the catching up....well, I'll cut you some slack. :rolleyes:

~Liz

-Captain Fantastic

-Love Songs

-ROCKET MAAAN

Sweetly Awesome!

~Liz

the album.

OK. Doesn't it have an awesome cover?

post-1940-1226072563_thumb.jpg

As for the catching up....well, I'll cut you some slack. :rolleyes:

~Liz

I still have to ask my brother if there's a place where I can get perfectly legit[/u] songs for my iPod.

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday, 29 Nov:

My family had gotten home from our Thanksgiving vacation the previous night, and the plans for my mom & I to visit her friend on Saturday & Sunday had fallen through. So, we were at home, setting up the Christmas tree, thinking about maybe seeing a movie later. My mom happened to be poking around eBay and came across a listing for Billy Elliot tickets - for that night! They were front row mezzanine, and a decent price. We looked at a train schedule and figured that we would have just enough time to (hopefully) win the auction, then get on a train for the city to be there in time for the 8:00 show. I went upstairs to shower, trying not to get too excited in case we didn't win the bid. When I came down to ask my mom what I should wear, she smiled broadly and told me that we had won the tickets. With an eBay coupon she had, the total only came to $91 a ticket. She printed out the e-tickets, we ate dinner, and were driven to the train station by my dad.

We arrived in Grand Central and walked briskly to the Imperial Theatre - I could hardly believe this was happening! We walked inside the lobby, and bought a souveiner program. We then made our was upstairs to our seats, and I looked through the program as we waited for 8:00. I was very happy to see a large picture of Elton that took up a whole page. :-)

Then, it began. Everything that I had heard in the soundtrack the countless times I had listened to it was coming to life before my eyes, more wonderful than I could have imagined. The Billy who was performing that night was Kiril Kulish, who did a magnificent job. Everything about the show, from the music (of course!) to the dancing, to the acting, to the effects, was magical.

The show ended a little after 11, and my mom & I realised we wouldn't make the 11:12 train, so we took our time walking out of the theatre. When we finally made it outside, we noticed some people crowded around a door - it was the stage door, and Frank Dolce (Michael) had just come out! I rushed forward and was lucky enough to get an autograph and a picture. After him was Kiril, who I also had sign my program, and my mom took a picture of me with him. It was so amazing meeting him, after having read about the process of how the Billys were picked, and now being face-to-face with one of them! I also got the signatures of Gregory Jbara (Dad), Hadyn Gwynne (Mrs. Wilkinson) and Erin Whyland (Debbie Wilkinson). It was truly an amazing experience.

:D:D:D

Woooo! Hopefully pictures will come soon.

~Liz

Saturday, 29 Nov:

My family had gotten home from our Thanksgiving vacation the previous night, and the plans for my mom & I to visit her friend on Saturday & Sunday had fallen through. So, we were at home, setting up the Christmas tree, thinking about maybe seeing a movie later. My mom happened to be poking around eBay and came across a listing for Billy Elliot tickets - for that night! They were front row mezzanine, and a decent price. We looked at a train schedule and figured that we would have just enough time to (hopefully) win the auction, then get on a train for the city to be there in time for the 8:00 show. I went upstairs to shower, trying not to get too excited in case we didn't win the bid. When I came down to ask my mom what I should wear, she smiled broadly and told me that we had won the tickets. With an eBay coupon she had, the total only came to $91 a ticket. She printed out the e-tickets, we ate dinner, and were driven to the train station by my dad.

We arrived in Grand Central and walked briskly to the Imperial Theatre - I could hardly believe this was happening! We walked inside the lobby, and bought a souveiner program. We then made our was upstairs to our seats, and I looked through the program as we waited for 8:00. I was very happy to see a large picture of Elton that took up a whole page. :-)

Then, it began. Everything that I had heard in the soundtrack the countless times I had listened to it was coming to life before my eyes, more wonderful than I could have imagined. The Billy who was performing that night was Kiril Kulish, who did a magnificent job. Everything about the show, from the music (of course!) to the dancing, to the acting, to the effects, was magical.

The show ended a little after 11, and my mom & I realised we wouldn't make the 11:12 train, so we took our time walking out of the theatre. When we finally made it outside, we noticed some people crowded around a door - it was the stage door, and Frank Dolce (Michael) had just come out! I rushed forward and was lucky enough to get an autograph and a picture. After him was Kiril, who I also had sign my program, and my mom took a picture of me with him. It was so amazing meeting him, after having read about the process of how the Billys were picked, and now being face-to-face with one of them! I also got the signatures of Gregory Jbara (Dad), Hadyn Gwynne (Mrs. Wilkinson) and Erin Whyland (Debbie Wilkinson). It was truly an amazing experience.

~Liz

*screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmssssssssssssssss*

What do you mean, HOPEFULLY pictures will come soon.

We want pictures NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... how exciting! Your mother sounds so very, very cool!!! $91 a ticket for great seats! Oh my goodness!!!

Then meeting the cast and having them sign your program and having your picture taken!

O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you mother like to adopt a hamster?

Saturday, 29 Nov:

~Liz

Seriously... how exciting! Your mother sounds so very, very cool!!! $91 a ticket for great seats! Oh my goodness!!!

Then meeting the cast and having them sign your program and having your picture taken!

Re: Pictures: my dad is on the computer I usually use to upload pictures online, I'm stuck on the slow laptop, which would not be as fun to work with big files on. :unsure: So at some point when I get to be on the better compy...

Yes! It was amazing that everything worked out so nicely. She's been cheking for tickets for a while, but hasn't found anything for a decent price that we could make. but this time it finally worked out!!

~Liz

Saturday, 29 Nov:

~Liz

Re: Pictures: my dad is on the computer I usually use to upload pictures online, I'm stuck on the slow laptop, which would not be as fun to work with big files on. :unsure: So at some point when I get to be on the better compy...

Yes! It was amazing that everything worked out so nicely. She's been cheking for tickets for a while, but hasn't found anything for a decent price that we could make. but this time it finally worked out!!

~Liz

You will have to tell me her secret.

Soooooooo, how was it?

Dog Lover, when I was in Paris, I went to the Hard Rock Cafe, and they had some of Elton John's glasses...I took a pic but I can't find it. I'm sorry.

It's alright, I'm patient. :rolleyes:

When were you in Paris?

~Liz

OK Pictures! (Finally)

Frank Dolce, who played Michael

Kiril (Billy) is in the middle, Frank is in the front, Erin Whyland (Debbie) is in the back with the pigtails

post-1940-1228702187_thumb.jpg

Me with Kiril!

Gregory Jbara (Dad) is in the back with the grey hair

post-1940-1228702241_thumb.jpg

Me with Gregory Jbara

post-1940-1228702265_thumb.jpg

Me, Kiril, my mom

Hadyn Gwynne (Mrs. Wilkinson)

The marquis

The program! (from left) Erin Whyland(Debbie), Hadyn Gwynne (Mrs. Wilkinson), Kiril Kulish (Billy), below him Frank Dolce(Michael) and on the right, Gregory Jbara (Dad)

Enjoy!

~Liz

• 3 weeks later...
*bumps topic*

post-1940-1230175548_thumb.jpg

~Liz

Was there a caption beneath the photograph? :lol:

No, but I found out on the Elton forum that this was a clip from when they were on the show "The Nanny"

~Liz

Thanks! I didn't know that. :)

I didn't either... :blush: until I found out on the ej forum. LOL

~Liz

Soooo... I got Tumbleweed Connection - Deluxe Edition CD out of the library today. It's a 2-cd set, the first is the original album, the second is demos and stuff. It's pretty cool. I have Capt. Fantastic Deluxe Edition but not any others...I know there's DE's of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and "Elton John..."

~Liz

Soooo... I got Tumbleweed Connection - Deluxe Edition CD out of the library today. It's a 2-cd set, the first is the original album, the second is demos and stuff. It's pretty cool. I have Capt. Fantastic Deluxe Edition but not any others...I know there's DE's of "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" and "Elton John..."

~Liz

The library is great for being able to download music. Our library only charges $1.00 for a one or two CD box.

~Liz

The library is great for being able to download music. Our library only charges $1.00 for a one or two CD box.

Your library charges to take CDs out? :unsure:

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

Ours is free until it's overdue...then $1/day I think.

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

Your overdue fee is much higher than I would care for. It's much better paying the dollar up front.

Our overdue fee on CD's is only $0.05 per day.

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

Your overdue fee is much higher than I would care for. It's much better paying the dollar up front.

I might have that mixed up with movies...it might only be $.10 a day for CDs and books...

Videos can be taken out for 1 week, books and i think CDs for 3 weeks. Renewals are allowed if it isn't on hold.

~liz

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

I might have that mixed up with movies...it might only be $.10 a day for CDs and books...

Videos can be taken out for 1 week, books and i think CDs for 3 weeks. Renewals are allowed if it isn't on hold.

~liz

:lol: We have the same renewal policy. But we also are able to renew over the phone. So, if you try and renew and they tell you that you are unable because it is on hold, then if you really must have it, you know you will pay a fee and return it late. :lol: But if you go in to renew... big mistake. They take it. :lol:

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

~liz

:lol: We have the same renewal policy. But we also are able to renew over the phone. So, if you try and renew and they tell you that you are unable because it is on hold, then if you really must have it, you know you will pay a fee and return it late. :lol: But if you go in to renew... big mistake. They take it. :lol:

We can renew online. :P And check when things are due, and see what things that we requested came in. (They'll call if something comes in, but they won't say what it is because they use a prerecorded message)

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

Yup... $1.00.

~Liz

~liz

We can renew online. :P And check when things are due, and see what things that we requested came in. (They'll call if something comes in, but they won't say what it is because they use a prerecorded message)

~Liz

That's great! I wish we could do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dog Lover, I'm not sure if I've already brought this up before, but the video game EarthBound has a plethora of Beatles references in it; that, and I found a Beatles reference in one of the Star Fox games. (One of the characters is named General Pepper, and when the characters meet him, one of them says "General pepper? I thought he was only a sergeant.")

I could give you a list of the ones from EB if you like.

Hey Dog Lover, I'm not sure if I've already brought this up before, but the video game EarthBound has a plethora of Beatles references in it; that, and I found a Beatles reference in one of the Star Fox games. (One of the characters is named General Pepper, and when the characters meet him, one of them says "General pepper? I thought he was only a sergeant.")

Sounds awesome! Sure, I'd enjoy a list. Thanks!

~Liz

~Liz

Alright, here goes:

-In EarthBound Zero, a man in Magicant is based off the Nowhere Man.

-If you go up to a house in Onett, the resident says "Pop Quiz! A Beatles Song, XXXterday. Can you fill in the blanks?"

-The theme that plays when Brick Road travels with you sounds EXACTLY like "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise". srsly.

-Tessie's theme sounds like the beginning to "Strawberry Fields Forever"

-On the other hand, the music that plays after the meteorite strikes sounds like the end to "Strawberry Fields Forever".

-The Happy-Happyists in Happy Happy Town are basically a cross between the KKK and the Blue Meanies.

-The song that plays in a cavern sounds like the intro to "All You Need Is Love"

-In the original Japanese version "Mother 2", Some of the default names included John for Ness, Yoko for Paula, Paul for Jeff, George for Poo, and poor Ringo as the dog. Going with the theme, the favorite food is "Honey Pie" and Favorite thing is "Love".

-Speaking of Honey Pie, the Saturn Valley theme apparently sounds like the Beatles song of that name. I am downloading the song this very moment as I have never heard it, so I can hear for myself....why, yes, it does!

- The game's Japanese name "Mother" comes from the John Lennon song of the same name; the game's creator Shigesato Itoi admits this in an interview.

-The character Everdred is based off the song "Rocky Raccoon"

-The character Lier X. Aggerate is based off the song "The Fool on The Hill"

-My personal favorite: In Dungeon Man, there is a collection of broken vehicles, one of which is a Submarine. I'll give you one guess on the color. To top it off the signboard in front of it says "Submarine. The color is a coincidence."

-From what I hear, the Pigmasks in Mother 3 are based off a George Harrison song. I still think they're based off Nazis, but that's just me.

-A man in Moonside quotes "Hello, Goodbye" before flinging you off to another part of town.

-Everyone says the Drugstore song "Humoresque of a Little Dog" sounds like "When I'm Sixty-Four". I personally don't think so, and that's one of my favorite Beatles songs.

-A member of the Runaway Five quotes the song "Money (That's What I want)"

...and I'm probably forgetting some too.

There's a couple of references to other bands, too.

-Two enemies are based off David Bowie songs: Starman and Diamond Dog

-The band "The Runaway Five" are based off The Blues Brothers.

-The New Age Retro Hippie's theme sounds similar to Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode"

-In the Japanese version, the machine that Jeff rides in is called "The Sky Walker".

-The theme that plays when Jeff rides the Sky Walker/Sky Runner sounds like the intro to The Who's "Eminence Front"

-Another favorite: In the Japanese version, Peaceful Rest Valley is known as "Grateful Dead Valley". (I kinda wish they had kept that in the english version.)

I could probably spend two hours compiling a list of EVERY pop culture reference in the games, but...must...refrain...

Here's two pics.

post-6896-1233118660_thumb.png

post-6896-1233118820_thumb.png

That's soo awesome! Thanks for posting.

~Liz

There's a series of vihjoes on YouTube detailing the connections between EB and The Beatles. That's where I got the ones on Lier and Everdred.

The song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" reminds me of Mother 3 for some reason, with Lucas instead of Lucy...dunno why.

Randomness:

While I was at the orthodontist this afternoon, they were playing a lot of Elton John. I was there for a while, so I heard a lot. XD All I can remember though is Crocodile Rock and Candle in the Wind.

I went to the grocery store today...they always play the strangest selection of music. Last time I went, all they played was KC and the Sunshine Band. This time it was all Elton John. I'll be going there when it's Rick Astley day.

P.S. It should be a law that all grocery stores play "Get Down Tonight" once every day.

I went to the grocery store today...they always play the strangest selection of music. Last time I went, all they played was KC and the Sunshine Band. This time it was all Elton John. I'll be going there when it's Rick Astley day.

P.S. It should be a law that all grocery stores play "Get Down Tonight" once every day.

That would be a great law. And play it at exactly the same time every day. :lol:

Randomness:

While I was at the orthodontist this afternoon, they were playing a lot of Elton John. I was there for a while, so I heard a lot. XD All I can remember though is Crocodile Rock and Candle in the Wind.

Awesomeness. Can I go to your orthodontist? LOL

An Elton John CD was playing at the pet store today.

Sweet! Which one?

Also cool... ^_^

~Liz

Randomness:

Sweet! Which one?

Also cool... ^_^

~Liz

Elton John should cover "never gonna give you up".

srsly.

Randomness:

Sweet! Which one?

Also cool... ^_^

~Liz

Elton John should cover "never gonna give you up".

srsly.

LOL, yeah.

~Liz

~Liz

Alright, here goes:

-In EarthBound Zero, a man in Magicant is based off the Nowhere Man.

-If you go up to a house in Onett, the resident says "Pop Quiz! A Beatles Song, XXXterday. Can you fill in the blanks?"

-The theme that plays when Brick Road travels with you sounds EXACTLY like "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise". srsly.

-Tessie's theme sounds like the beginning to "Strawberry Fields Forever"

-On the other hand, the music that plays after the meteorite strikes sounds like the end to "Strawberry Fields Forever".

-The Happy-Happyists in Happy Happy Town are basically a cross between the KKK and the Blue Meanies.

-The song that plays in a cavern sounds like the intro to "All You Need Is Love"

-In the original Japanese version "Mother 2", Some of the default names included John for Ness, Yoko for Paula, Paul for Jeff, George for Poo, and poor Ringo as the dog. Going with the theme, the favorite food is "Honey Pie" and Favorite thing is "Love".

-Speaking of Honey Pie, the Saturn Valley theme apparently sounds like the Beatles song of that name. I am downloading the song this very moment as I have never heard it, so I can hear for myself....why, yes, it does!

- The game's Japanese name "Mother" comes from the John Lennon song of the same name; the game's creator Shigesato Itoi admits this in an interview.

-The character Everdred is based off the song "Rocky Raccoon"

-The character Lier X. Aggerate is based off the song "The Fool on The Hill"

-My personal favorite: In Dungeon Man, there is a collection of broken vehicles, one of which is a Submarine. I'll give you one guess on the color. To top it off the signboard in front of it says "Submarine. The color is a coincidence."

-From what I hear, the Pigmasks in Mother 3 are based off a George Harrison song. I still think they're based off Nazis, but that's just me.

-A man in Moonside quotes "Hello, Goodbye" before flinging you off to another part of town.

-Everyone says the Drugstore song "Humoresque of a Little Dog" sounds like "When I'm Sixty-Four". I personally don't think so, and that's one of my favorite Beatles songs.

-A member of the Runaway Five quotes the song "Money (That's What I want)"

...and I'm probably forgetting some too.

There's a couple of references to other bands, too.

-Two enemies are based off David Bowie songs: Starman and Diamond Dog

-The band "The Runaway Five" are based off The Blues Brothers.

-The New Age Retro Hippie's theme sounds similar to Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode"

-In the Japanese version, the machine that Jeff rides in is called "The Sky Walker".

-The theme that plays when Jeff rides the Sky Walker/Sky Runner sounds like the intro to The Who's "Eminence Front"

-Another favorite: In the Japanese version, Peaceful Rest Valley is known as "Grateful Dead Valley". (I kinda wish they had kept that in the english version.)

I could probably spend two hours compiling a list of EVERY pop culture reference in the games, but...must...refrain...

Here's two pics.

post-6896-1233118660_thumb.png

post-6896-1233118820_thumb.png

Woops, I made a mistake. The Sky Runner music sounds like The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again", not "Eminence Front".

• 2 weeks later...
Waiting for Elton & Billy Joel to come closer to where I am...so far closest is Philly.

~Liz

Billy Joel is awesome

Were you at the concert when they played together?

Nope...I've only been an Elton fan(atic) for about 2 years... :rolleyes: Strange as that may seem!

~Liz

Waiting for Elton & Billy Joel to come closer to where I am...so far closest is Philly.

~Liz

Billy Joel is awesome

Nope...I've only been an Elton fan(atic) for about 2 years... :rolleyes: Strange as that may seem!

~Liz

I really wanted to see the two of them perform. Those concerts must have been unbelievable!!!

~Liz

Billy Joel is awesome

~Liz

I really wanted to see the two of them perform. Those concerts must have been unbelievable!!!

I want to see them too! :D

~Liz

I should post this in the "what song are you listening to right now?" thread, but I think me listening to Rocket Man is more appropriate here. ^_^

I should post this in the "what song are you listening to right now?" thread, but I think me listening to Rocket Man is more appropriate here. ^_^

Absolutely!

*starts playing the Yellow Brick Road CD*

*which Rocket Man is not on....* LOL

Good album... :D But you should find Blue Moves. my fave EJ album

~Liz