Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Oh em gee

Arkcher

so yeah.

Texas has dumb driving laws.

so Im working on getting my Drivers permit here pretty soon 'cause you have to be at least 15 to do that. ... and im 15 now. so im doing that.

Partly 'cause in 2 weeks, my folks and I are going out on a vacation of sorts to see about finding long lost relatives and such off in distant states of the US, so we're gonna go to like, Nebraska and go like 85MPH and nobody will give a care.

yeah. Im gonna start driving here pretty soon.

and amid my reading of driver manual dealies, I found out that In texas, law requires ONLY the driver and front passenger to wear their seatbelts. Other passengers are only strongly encouraged to do so, but they arent required to by any means, let alone law.

And if you have an open flatbed truck, you cant go any more than 35 MPH if theres a 12-year-old in the bed of the pickup.

only in Texas would people care about that.

so yeah.

so Im working on getting my Drivers permit here pretty soon 'cause you have to be at least 15 to do that. ... and im 15 now. so im doing that.

Partly 'cause in 2 weeks, my folks and I are going out on a vacation of sorts to see about finding long lost relatives and such off in distant states of the US, so we're gonna go to like, Nebraska and go like 85MPH and nobody will give a care.

and amid my reading of driver manual dealies, I found out that In texas, law requires ONLY the driver and front passenger to wear their seatbelts. Other passengers are only strongly encouraged to do so, but they arent required to by any means, let alone law.

And if you have an open flatbed truck, you cant go any more than 35 MPH if theres a 12-year-old in the bed of the pickup.

Two things I have to say about this... one, you as the driver of the vehicle can require all your passengers to put on their seatbelts, or else they don't ride in your car. And two, yeah for Texas that they don't totally dictate what happens in your car. The state is placing the responsibility on the driver of the car. Yeah for that!!!

So, it really does not matter what the state laws are, it is your choice as the driver of the car if you want people going without seatbelts in the back seat. You make the rules.

so yeah.

Two things I have to say about this... one, you as the driver of the vehicle can require all your passengers to put on their seatbelts, or else they don't ride in your car. And two, yeah for Texas that they don't totally dictate what happens in your car. The state is placing the responsibility on the driver of the car. Yeah for that!!!

So, it really does not matter what the state laws are, it is your choice as the driver of the car if you want people going without seatbelts in the back seat. You make the rules.

True, its really stupid not to do that, but I just think its hilarious that Texas doesnt care about it that much. XD

so yeah.

Hahaha the pickup truck one is amazing! XD I know in CT, the people in the back seats don't have to have a seatbelt unless they're 16 or younger. I always wear my seatbelt anyways, it's like an instinct to me. I get in the car, and put on my seatbelt.

so yeah.

True, its really stupid not to do that, but I just think its hilarious that Texas doesnt care about it that much. XD

In my post on seatbelts a while back, I was saying that Florida does not care about people in the back of pick-up trucks, but the will dictate what someone inside the car should do. This does not make any sense to me.

Pretty soon in Florida, they will make a law that when you drive you must wear sunglasses or other protective eye devices, because we just had a pedestrian hit and the driver said they could not see the pedestrian because the sun was in their eyes. This is the "it's not my fault" defense. :rolleyes:

I got my permit a few days after my birthday ... and all I have to say is ... stay off of the sidewalk in Missouri.

But, here we just have to take a written test to get your permit. To get your license at 16, you have to take an actual driving test.

so yeah.

In my post on seatbelts a while back, I was saying that Florida does not care about people in the back of pick-up trucks, but the will dictate what someone inside the car should do. This does not make any sense to me.

Pretty soon in Florida, they will make a law that when you drive you must wear sunglasses or other protective eye devices, because we just had a pedestrian hit and the driver said they could not see the pedestrian because the sun was in their eyes. This is the "it's not my fault" defense. :rolleyes:

But what about those of us that can't have sunglasses because we wear glasses? And what about night time?

I got my permit a few days after my birthday ... and all I have to say is ... stay off of the sidewalk in Missouri.

But, here we just have to take a written test to get your permit. To get your license at 16, you have to take an actual driving test.

LOL. The plan is to see if your parents are still alive after teaching you how to drive. LOL

so yeah.

But what about those of us that can't have sunglasses because we wear glasses? And what about night time?

Transistions lenses. LOL

*realizes I have been watching too much television*

I HAVE NEWS THAT'S GONNA BLOW YOUR MIND!!!!

IN ND YOU ONLY NEED TO BE 14 TO GET YOUR PERMIT AND AFTER SIX MONTHS OF GETTING YOUR PERMIT YOU CAN GET YOUR LICENSE!

XD

oh bob saget that one cracks me up every time

yep, and it's not a "farmer's license" you don't need a license it parts of this state.

whoo, i love (and hate) ND.

IN ND YOU ONLY NEED TO BE 14 TO GET YOUR PERMIT AND AFTER SIX MONTHS OF GETTING YOUR PERMIT YOU CAN GET YOUR LICENSE!

XD

yep, and it's not a "farmer's license" you don't need a license it parts of this state.

I go to Fargo and Grand Forks quite a bit. LOL

Usually only in the winter. LOL

You ought to change places with Arkcher. He wants to go a very, very cold place.

If you could pick where you would like to live, where would that be? :blink:

I have decided that I'm not going to learn how to drive. I'ma pay somebody to do it for me.

ROFOCLH!

O RLY ????

*laughs so hard Adam is sprayed with coffee again, and he is NOT pleased*

YA RLY XD

I have decided that I'm not going to learn how to drive. I'ma pay somebody to do it for me.

ROFOCLH!

O RLY ????

YA RLY XD

The only place I know of that you don't have to drive is New York City. Are you planning on moving there? LOL

ROFOCLH!

O RLY ????

YA RLY XD

The only place I know of that you don't have to drive is New York City. Are you planning on moving there? LOL

No I'm gonna get one of those people that I can pronounce but now spell that have the suits and the sweet hats.

ROFOCLH!

O RLY ????

YA RLY XD

No I'm gonna get one of those people that I can pronounce but now spell that have the suits and the sweet hats.

Kind of like Driving Miss Daisy. LOL

LOL. The plan is to see if your parents are still alive after teaching you how to drive. LOL

Actually, my youth pastor really taught me how to drive. Two weeks ago, I was saying how I didn't have any skills. And he was like, "You have mad driving skills, don't you?" I just sat there and said, " ... Umm. No. I've only driven once before. And that was even before I got my permit, down our circle drive. And the entire time, my mom was yelling at me." So he just said, "C'mon. We can go around the block in my car."

He's a brave man, that Nathan.

Actually, my youth pastor really taught me how to drive. Two weeks ago, I was saying how I didn't have any skills. And he was like, "You have mad driving skills, don't you?" I just sat there and said, " ... Umm. No. I've only driven once before. And that was even before I got my permit, down our circle drive. And the entire time, my mom was yelling at me." So he just said, "C'mon. We can go around the block in my car."

He's a brave man, that Nathan.

LOL! True, but he also had divine intervention on his side. LOL!

Here is a friend taking a drive in her car. :D

LOL. Oh my gosh. That's so cuuute. o^.^o

Helen would give you a ride, but being a wolf, you are a bit big for the right seat. LOL

Haha. A just a little bit. :lol:

XD

This doesn't make sense...

The minimum driving age in North Dakota is 16. You may not drive in North Dakota if you are under 16, even if you are licensed in another state. However, a North Dakota resident can obtain a restricted license at the age of 14.

So you can get your license 2 years before you can actually drive?

XD

The minimum driving age in North Dakota is 16. You may not drive in North Dakota if you are under 16, even if you are licensed in another state. However, a North Dakota resident can obtain a restricted license at the age of 14.

Perhaps the restriction is that you drive only on your property. In some cases, there are some very big farms and the winter is really cold. I don't know. Let's wait for Schimmislick to answer the question.

Here is a friend taking a drive in her car. :D

XD That's so cute. It reminds me of my friend's ferrets who like to sleep curled up in a Barbie mini van.

XD

no i have friends who are 14 and have their permit and some that are 14 and 6 months and have their license

when you get a license at a minimum of 14 and 6 months you can drive all you want

The minimum driving age in North Dakota is 16. You may not drive in North Dakota if you are under 16, even if you are licensed in another state. However, a North Dakota resident can obtain a restricted license at the age of 14
(whoah did you search on google? and click on the first link?)

they changed this a while ago or something, you can't drive like cross country, it used to be a "farmer's license" but not anymore, they were going to change it, but they decided not to

believe it or not ND isn't a farmer sta--

wait most of it is, in the eastern part it isn't

so yeah.

hmmm...... yes i just spoke to my father who is a lawyer and he says that it used to be a farmer's license but they changed it,

ah Vell, either way i could have my permit by now but, i'm too short(4 foot 9 and a half at 14? weird huh)

hmmm...... yes i just spoke to my father who is a lawyer and he says that it used to be a farmer's license but they changed it,

ah Vell, either way i could have my permit by now but, i'm too short(4 foot 9 and a half at 14? weird huh)

Ohhhhhhh... too short? :(

How awful.

*gives Schimmislick lots of veggies and a body stretching machine*

My guess is that you will grow another foot at least in the next few years. :)

How awful.

hah! stretching machine, like the rack(sp) that ancient torture device?

How awful.

Of course! Hop on, let me try it out!..

*evil laugh is heard*

How awful.

*evil laugh is heard*

Okay, you can try it out 'Raishey. Just put on this safety belt...

How awful.

*evil laugh is heard*

Okay, you can try it out 'Raishey. Just put on this safety belt...

Let me make sure I verbalized what I meant... I will strap Schimmislick down and then try it out on him, not me.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I will give you 2 guesses on what car I want.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Illudium q-36 explosive space modulator.

volkswagon bus.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I will give you 2 guesses on what car I want.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

One, you want a Magic Buuuusss!

two, you might want. um. a hippie-style VW microbus.

• 3 weeks later...

so I just got home from the Texas DPS.

I has a drivers permit now!

w00t.

I missed like four questions on the test.

They entailed what kind of fines or restrictions you could get for what misdemeanors for what age group.

I shouldnt need to know that mess 'cause I dont plan on breaking the law, or ever getting any form of alcoholic drink in my system.

And some question about how many feet will you require to come to a complete stop at going X speed.

I dont care, it was the kids own dang fault for running out in front of a car.

anyway.

I has a permit now.

wewt.

so I just got home from the Texas DPS.

I has a drivers permit now!

w00t.

I missed like four questions on the test.

They entailed what kind of fines or restrictions you could get for what misdemeanors for what age group.

I shouldnt need to know that mess 'cause I dont plan on breaking the law, or ever getting any form of alcoholic drink in my system.

And some question about how many feet will you require to come to a complete stop at going X speed.

I dont care, it was the kids own dang fault for running out in front of a car.

anyway.

I has a permit now.

wewt.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Now that I have everyone's attention... clear the state! Arkcher is on the road!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As for the kid who ran out in front of your car... I hope he didn't stick to your tire, it would make driving a bit bumpy. LOL

• 1 year later...

DRIVERS LICENSE GET D:<

You gained over 9,000 EXP

DRIVER'S LICENSE has been placed in Inventory pouch 3 slot 12

You can now independantly drive a MINIVAN [lvl20]

fun stuff.

except I dont get the photo ID version for like 3 weeks, just the silly piece of paper.

I just know that photos gonna turn out terrible D: and ill be stuck with it.