Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Li's Diary

Dear diary,

Why is the opposite sex so confusing? I give him everything he wants, try to make him happy in any way I can and yet he still says he doesn't love me. I'm his best friend and the only one who cares about him so much. He acts like we're a couple when we're in public and even around friends and family. He's the most kindest & sweetest person I know. He thinks the same about me... He said it himself "You're amazing". He told me he can't live without me and that he craves my company. He said he didn't want to lose me. He misses me and will not let go of me when we're together. He'll kiss me and tell me I'm beautiful.

Maybe he doesn't realise that he loves me because he's been burned by love before. I don't understand how he cannot have feelings for me.

I don't understand how he can't feel the intense love when we're together. Maybe he's trying to supress his feelings. Maybe he thinks if he allows himself to feel love he'll get burned again.

I really don't know. I get told that I should let go but I just can't. I'm attached.

Dear diary,

Why is the opposite sex so confusing? I give him everything he wants, try to make him happy in any way I can and yet he still says he doesn't love me. I'm his best friend and the only one who cares about him so much. He acts like we're a couple when we're in public and even around friends and family. He's the most kindest & sweetest person I know. He thinks the same about me... He said it himself "You're amazing". He told me he can't live without me and that he craves my company. He said he didn't want to lose me. He misses me and will not let go of me when we're together. He'll kiss me and tell me I'm beautiful.

Maybe he doesn't realise that he loves me because he's been burned by love before. I don't understand how he cannot have feelings for me.

I don't understand how he can't feel the intense love when we're together. Maybe he's trying to supress his feelings. Maybe he thinks if he allows himself to feel love he'll get burned again.

I really don't know. I get told that I should let go but I just can't. I'm attached.

He seems to have feelings for you. He is probably scared to love again, if last time it was really bad.

Dear diary,

He seems to have feelings for you. He is probably scared to love again, if last time it was really bad.

Thats what I think. Maybe I'll just give it some more time.

-Li

Dear Diary,

Today my sister found out that one of her friends had died. It shocked me and made me think Life is such a funny thing... We take so much for granted when we could really appreciate life a lot more. We spend time doing negative things, being lazy and ignoring the beautiful things in life. Humans are such strange creatures. I wonder what life would be like without humans. I imagine it would be a parardise. No polluted air thats causing global warming, no destorying of forests and land to make our homes... so many evils created by man would not exist.

Death tends to make you question mortality.

Dear Diary,

Today my sister found out that one of her friends had died. It shocked me and made me think Life is such a funny thing... We take so much for granted when we could really appreciate life a lot more. We spend time doing negative things, being lazy and ignoring the beautiful things in life. Humans are such strange creatures. I wonder what life would be like without humans. I imagine it would be a parardise. No polluted air thats causing global warming, no destorying of forests and land to make our homes... so many evils created by man would not exist.

deep.

Sincere Sorrow for all affected by the death of your sister's friend, though. How did she die?

Dear Diary,

If you can hold this thought in your mind, it will help you to enjoy life more.

Dear Diary,

deep.

Sincere Sorrow for all affected by the death of your sister's friend, though. How did she die?

He was at the Gold Coast (known for it's brilliant beaches and theme parks) ready for a night on the town. It was dark. His friends decided that they'd go swimming. He couldn't swim, he drowned. The water was described as "washing machine-like".

It was a stupid mistake. I could post a news article about it if Horatio would allow it?

-Li

Dear Diary,

If you can hold this thought in your mind, it will help you to enjoy life more.

I will try to do this. Thank you, Horatio.

-Li

Dear Diary,

deep.

He was at the Gold Coast (known for it's brilliant beaches and theme parks) ready for a night on the town. It was dark. His friends decided that they'd go swimming. He couldn't swim, he drowned. The water was described as "washing machine-like".

It was a stupid mistake. I could post a news article about it if Horatio would allow it?

-Li

Sure post the article.

It's a bit long. Here it is:

Deadly detour in dark

26Feb07

A MAN is lost in the sea, presumed drowned, after he waded into 'washing machine-like' surf on Saturday night.

Mr. Alahakoon, 18, of Kenmore, west Brisbane, and a friend swam in the surf in the dark. He was an inexperienced swimmer and the surf was treacherous.

When the pair got into trouble, only one of them made it back.

The two men, and a third who did not go in the water, had arrived on the Gold Coast for a night on the town.

Their detour to go swimming has left a family grieving for their son and friends wondering what had gone wrong.

Police regional district officer Acting Inspector Peter Gordon said it had been a 'terrible day all round'.

"The two men have decided to go for a swim and one of them has made it exhausted back to the shore but the other, unfortunately, did not," he said.

"It's a bit of what they thought was harmless fun that has ended in tragedy."

An air search was started minutes after Mr Alahakoon was reported missing, but dangerous conditions prevented lifesavers from entering the water on Saturday night.

The RACQ CareFlight helicopter and rescue crews on the ground searched for four hours on Saturday night before the search was called off.

Rescue crews continued the search at first light yesterday morning, launching four jet-skis, two IRBs and skis into the water to help search for the missing man.

The Westpac Surf Lifesaving helicopter searched from the air during the morning but was called off about noon.

However, about 3pm yesterday a lifesaver patrolling on a jet-ski at Surfers Paradise reported a dark shadow on the bottom of the ocean floor, directly out from Q1.

The man jumped in after the shadow, which he believed may have been a body, and another search continued for about an hour without success.

Surfers Paradise patrol captain Khan Hamill said they had double the lifesavers patrolling the beach yesterday as a result of incident and continuing rough conditions.

Surf Lifesaving Duty Officer Col Neil said the chances of finding the man alive were diminishing.

"We have hope, we always do, but he wasn't a good swimmer."

It's believed the men were knocked over by a wave in shallow water and sucked out to sea.

"There is a strong rip to the north of where they went into the water," said Mr Neil.

"The pair were sucked out and the man who made it back could hear his mate calling out for help for quite a few minutes.

"And then it was silent."

The 20-year-old man who made it to shore had coughed up water and was treated for exhaustion.

He was taken to Gold Coast Hospital, but was discharged yesterday afternoon.

Although rescue crews said their hearts went out to the family, the incident has frustrated many who had warned people against swimming outside of patrolled areas, or worse, outside of patrol hours.

"In this case there was nothing we could do," said Mr Neil. "It was dark and we weren't there.

"I don't know if things would be different if we were on duty, but his chances of survival would certainly have been far greater."

Mr Neil said the warnings weren't working. "You can't tell people, we've tried and tried," he said.

"People do drown -- we can't cover every area all the time. It's very frustrating for us because all of this is quite preventable."

Yesterday, The Bulletin spotted more swimmers taking their chances in the same patch of water where the missing man was sucked out.

The 'Danger -- No Swimming' signs went unheeded.

The missing man's family gathered on the sand to start a beach-side vigil yesterday.

Rescue crews believed the man would be found in the same area where he went missing.

Acting Inspector Gordon yesterday urged swimmers to follow beach safety advice.

"We implore people to really comply with the surf safety message," he said. "Lifeguards and lifesavers continually put the message out and it is so important people abide by that."

Deadly detour in dark

26Feb07

A MAN is lost in the sea, presumed drowned, after he waded into 'washing machine-like' surf on Saturday night.

Mr. Alahakoon, 18, of Kenmore, west Brisbane, and a friend swam in the surf in the dark. He was an inexperienced swimmer and the surf was treacherous.

The two men, and a third who did not go in the water, had arrived on the Gold Coast for a night on the town.

Their detour to go swimming has left a family grieving for their son and friends wondering what had gone wrong.

Police regional district officer Acting Inspector Peter Gordon said it had been a 'terrible day all round'.

"The two men have decided to go for a swim and one of them has made it exhausted back to the shore but the other, unfortunately, did not," he said.

An air search was started minutes after Mr Alahakoon was reported missing, but dangerous conditions prevented lifesavers from entering the water on Saturday night.

The RACQ CareFlight helicopter and rescue crews on the ground searched for four hours on Saturday night before the search was called off.

Rescue crews continued the search at first light yesterday morning, launching four jet-skis, two IRBs and skis into the water to help search for the missing man.

The Westpac Surf Lifesaving helicopter searched from the air during the morning but was called off about noon.

However, about 3pm yesterday a lifesaver patrolling on a jet-ski at Surfers Paradise reported a dark shadow on the bottom of the ocean floor, directly out from Q1.

The man jumped in after the shadow, which he believed may have been a body, and another search continued for about an hour without success.

Surfers Paradise patrol captain Khan Hamill said they had double the lifesavers patrolling the beach yesterday as a result of incident and continuing rough conditions.

Surf Lifesaving Duty Officer Col Neil said the chances of finding the man alive were diminishing.

It's believed the men were knocked over by a wave in shallow water and sucked out to sea.

"There is a strong rip to the north of where they went into the water," said Mr Neil.

"The pair were sucked out and the man who made it back could hear his mate calling out for help for quite a few minutes.

The 20-year-old man who made it to shore had coughed up water and was treated for exhaustion.

Although rescue crews said their hearts went out to the family, the incident has frustrated many who had warned people against swimming outside of patrolled areas, or worse, outside of patrol hours.

"In this case there was nothing we could do," said Mr Neil. "It was dark and we weren't there.

"I don't know if things would be different if we were on duty, but his chances of survival would certainly have been far greater."

Mr Neil said the warnings weren't working. "You can't tell people, we've tried and tried," he said.

"People do drown -- we can't cover every area all the time. It's very frustrating for us because all of this is quite preventable."

Yesterday, The Bulletin spotted more swimmers taking their chances in the same patch of water where the missing man was sucked out.

The missing man's family gathered on the sand to start a beach-side vigil yesterday.

Rescue crews believed the man would be found in the same area where he went missing.

"We implore people to really comply with the surf safety message," he said. "Lifeguards and lifesavers continually put the message out and it is so important people abide by that."

Death is bad enough, but when it is a stupid mistake, that makes me sad and frustrated. >.<

Deadly detour in dark

26Feb07

Death is bad enough, but when it is a stupid mistake, that makes me sad and frustrated. >.

Very sad.

Deadly detour in dark

26Feb07

Death is bad enough, but when it is a stupid mistake, that makes me sad and frustrated. >.<

I agree with that.

-Li

Dear Diary,

On Wednesday night he told me he loved me! After so much waiting and wishing and hoping my dreams came true... He loves me... he really does... and I love him too, more than anything. My life is finally looking up, I don't feel depressed anymore.

I can't wait to see him tonight. It's going to be great, me and my boy at a carnival. It seems a bit cliche, haha.

Right now I'm at TAFE waiting for class to start, I've still got half an hour left to wait.

I've made a few friends here, they are very lovely people. Yesterday we got to handle mice and rats, they were so cute! I love ratties. Hopefully we'll do something fun like that today.

Dear Diary,

On Wednesday night he told me he loved me! After so much waiting and wishing and hoping my dreams came true... He loves me... he really does... and I love him too, more than anything. My life is finally looking up, I don't feel depressed anymore.

I can't wait to see him tonight. It's going to be great, me and my boy at a carnival. It seems a bit cliche, haha.

Right now I'm at TAFE waiting for class to start, I've still got half an hour left to wait.

I've made a few friends here, they are very lovely people. Yesterday we got to handle mice and rats, they were so cute! I love ratties. Hopefully we'll do something fun like that today.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I know someone who is feeling really happy now.

*sees Li somewhere around cloud nine*

We will definitely need a picture of the two of you.

Perhaps at the carnival. :D

Dear Diary,

I would but we don't have many together, and the ones we have I don't like very much. Haha.

We didn't take any at the carnival, but when I go see him on Thursday I'll ask him to come to the park with me and we'll take pics!

-Li

Dear Diary,

I would but we don't have many together, and the ones we have I don't like very much. Haha.

We didn't take any at the carnival, but when I go see him on Thursday I'll ask him to come to the park with me and we'll take pics!

-Li

Outstanding!! That will be superb!!

*is all excited*

Dear Diary,

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

-Li

I'm happy for you. Perhaps a little jealous that it all works out for you, but meh. xD

I'll deal. But YAY! =]

And I like seeing pics of board members, it allows me to have more of a mental image of the people, more than just their avatar. xD

Dear Diary,

-Li

I'm happy for you. Perhaps a little jealous that it all works out for you, but meh. xD

I'll deal. But YAY! =]

And I like seeing pics of board members, it allows me to have more of a mental image of the people, more than just their avatar. xD

Haha, I felt the same when I heard about others having great relationships, but now I'm in one and it's awesome!

I like seeing pics of board members too! Cause sometimes you have an image of them in your mind and when you see a pic you're really suprised.

-Li

Dear Diary,

-Li

I'll deal. But YAY! =]

Haha, I felt the same when I heard about others having great relationships, but now I'm in one and it's awesome!

I like seeing pics of board members too! Cause sometimes you have an image of them in your mind and when you see a pic you're really suprised.

-Li

So... I hope you have a perfect picture in your mind of me.

A really handsome, blonde, fluffy, jet-flying, motorcycle-riding hamster.

Not a hard one to picture. LOL

But just in case you can't picture me, I will give you a picture of my best bud... Hubert.

He is the attitude hamster. Don't you just love the expression on his face? LOL

DSCN0143_2.JPG

*decides that this is a picture for Taynio's contest*

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Diary,

-Li

I'll deal. But YAY! =]

-Li

But just in case you can't picture me, I will give you a picture of my best bud... Hubert.

post-678-1173228931_thumb.jpg

That is such a cute pic! I must take some pictures of my rattie sometime and post them here.

-Li

Dear Diary,

Life is busy! With college I have so much work to do. I also need to go for more driving lessons to get my licence, but before that I need to scrape together enough money to buy a new pair of glasses. I need to find a job and do some voluenteer work. I need to get our main PC & printer fixed. I need to have a social life inbetween all this!

So much to do, so little time!

Arrrggghhhhh!

Dear Diary,

-Li

I'll deal. But YAY! =]

-Li

DSCN0143_2.JPG

That is such a cute pic! I must take some pictures of my rattie sometime and post them here.

-Li

Thanks!!!

I really love the look on his face!

Dear Diary,

Life is busy! With college I have so much work to do. I also need to go for more driving lessons to get my licence, but before that I need to scrape together enough money to buy a new pair of glasses. I need to find a job and do some voluenteer work. I need to get our main PC & printer fixed. I need to have a social life inbetween all this!

Arrrggghhhhh!

Isn't life difficult? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Dear Diary,

Arrrggghhhhh!

Isn't life difficult? :rolleyes:

Teasing never helped anyone cheesy.

Life = Still hectic.

So much I need to be doing but I can't fit it all into one day. I'm currently relaxing when I should be studying... I'm lying here with my bird on my shoulder (I am re-taming him after he went all feral and started biting people really hard) who is trying to eat chips from my mouth. I have a lot of study to do this week which will be difficult because my cousin from India arrived on Saturday night and I wanna spend time with him.

I feel so bad cause I need to finish Kat's avvie but theres no time :(

-Li

Life = Still hectic.

So much I need to be doing but I can't fit it all into one day. I'm currently relaxing when I should be studying... I'm lying here with my bird on my shoulder (I am re-taming him after he went all feral and started biting people really hard) who is trying to eat chips from my mouth. I have a lot of study to do this week which will be difficult because my cousin from India arrived on Saturday night and I wanna spend time with him.

-Li

What do you think caused your bird's behaviour change? Not having enough attention?

• 2 weeks later...
Life = Still hectic.

-Li

What do you think caused your bird's behaviour change? Not having enough attention?

He does get a lot of attention. It's just that he's mean. You go to pick him up and he flys away. You go to pat him and he flys away. You go to say hello and he pecks your face off.

Hes a little better now that I'm re-taming him. He'll actually let you pick him up and he sits on your shoulder and acts all cute. But he still prefers to sit atop his cage than with any of us.

I had the best weekend. My boy came over at about 7:30 on Friday night (looking extra cute for some reason) and he got to meet some more of my family. Then they all went out and we hung out with my sis and her friend til another friend came over (actually we snuck him out of the house while his parents were sleeping) and we played on my laptop, with my pet rattie, with my guitars and then we decided to play Guitar Hero :P That lasted til about 4:30 in the morning when I fell asleep and was woken up by my boy. We had to take my friend home and then we came back and fell asleep and just cuddled. We woke up at about 10am, had breakfast and looked at picture from the night then fell asleep again til about 1. We then went out for ice cream and went to a few pet shops. We came back and more Guitar Hero was involved. Then lots and lots of cuddling and something to do with ice and dogs. Then he went home at 12.

And on Sunday I was dead with a headache so it felt like it never existed.

I'm happy.

-Li

Life = Still hectic.

-Li

He does get a lot of attention. It's just that he's mean. You go to pick him up and he flys away. You go to pat him and he flys away. You go to say hello and he pecks your face off.

Hes a little better now that I'm re-taming him. He'll actually let you pick him up and he sits on your shoulder and acts all cute. But he still prefers to sit atop his cage than with any of us.

I had the best weekend. My boy came over at about 7:30 on Friday night (looking extra cute for some reason) and he got to meet some more of my family. Then they all went out and we hung out with my sis and her friend til another friend came over (actually we snuck him out of the house while his parents were sleeping) and we played on my laptop, with my pet rattie, with my guitars and then we decided to play Guitar Hero :P That lasted til about 4:30 in the morning when I fell asleep and was woken up by my boy. We had to take my friend home and then we came back and fell asleep and just cuddled. We woke up at about 10am, had breakfast and looked at picture from the night then fell asleep again til about 1. We then went out for ice cream and went to a few pet shops. We came back and more Guitar Hero was involved. Then lots and lots of cuddling and something to do with ice and dogs. Then he went home at 12.

And on Sunday I was dead with a headache so it felt like it never existed.

I'm happy.

-Li

Except for the headache, it sounds like you had a really wonderful weekend!!!

It is really nice to see you are so happy. :)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

ice and dogs?

wha..?

Or should I not ask?

Haha. Probably not. We're a crazy pair and some of the things we do might boggle your mind o:

-Li

I seriously doubt that you could boggle my mind. It is almost boggle-proof.

Except against googolplex.

And bobobo bo-bobobo.

• 3 years later...