Hampsterdance Discussion Board

My headphones are officially blown up...

Arkcher

Maybe its having the music a bit too loud (hearing it a few feet away when not wearing the headphones) or maybe its one of the speakers that had fallen out a few months ago (but got put back in. with duct tape.) or the general wear and tear of... age. and frequent usage.

Regardless of what the issue is, I have a pretty poor-looking cord leading to a $40 set of headphones, now with only one speaker working and when it does, it tends to change volume on its own and occasionally fizzles out for a few seconds.

I got these things what, four years ago? XD

anyway.

Once Christmas rolls around, and I either get new headphones or some money with which I can buy some myself, I'm... gonna... get some replacement ones.

I'm looking for cordless headphones with high-quality sound, and built-in recharging batteries. like, with a little docking station and all.

But Im not about to go over $60 with gettin' them.

Anyone suggest some headphones? a brand or specific model, I dun care, anything is good. but I can hardly function with this one speaker waning rapidly in usability. and I'd go insane if I couldnt listen to my music. ;_;

And in case you were wondering, Not-Headphones isnt an option. My compy isnt in my room, its in a room full of other computers and people for each one, And they dont much care for the music I listen to, let alone the volumes at which they're played.

so Imma get some cordless ones 'cause in the past, the cord has always been an issue, getting cut, stripped, damaged, worn, or too bent up to carry a signal. and I'd rather pay $60 for some rechargable ones than pay $120 over a long period of time for replacement AA batteries every week or so.

Maybe its having the music a bit too loud (hearing it a few feet away when not wearing the headphones) or maybe its one of the speakers that had fallen out a few months ago (but got put back in. with duct tape.) or the general wear and tear of... age. and frequent usage.

Regardless of what the issue is, I have a pretty poor-looking cord leading to a $40 set of headphones, now with only one speaker working and when it does, it tends to change volume on its own and occasionally fizzles out for a few seconds.

anyway.

Once Christmas rolls around, and I either get new headphones or some money with which I can buy some myself, I'm... gonna... get some replacement ones.

I'm looking for cordless headphones with high-quality sound, and built-in recharging batteries. like, with a little docking station and all.

Anyone suggest some headphones? a brand or specific model, I dun care, anything is good. but I can hardly function with this one speaker waning rapidly in usability. and I'd go insane if I couldnt listen to my music. ;_;

And in case you were wondering, Not-Headphones isnt an option. My compy isnt in my room, its in a room full of other computers and people for each one, And they dont much care for the music I listen to, let alone the volumes at which they're played.

so Imma get some cordless ones 'cause in the past, the cord has always been an issue, getting cut, stripped, damaged, worn, or too bent up to carry a signal. and I'd rather pay $60 for some rechargable ones than pay $120 over a long period of time for replacement AA batteries every week or so.

I dont think I should take suggestions from me, Im currently trying to find a 5th pair of headphones for me in the last couple months. over the summer, my good wired headphones disapeared. My parents got me a new pair for my birthday but it lasted only a week or so (and was not compftrable). My wireless headphones which I got for the holidays last year, the plug is going bad that only one side works, when the headphones my parents gave me did not work, i took the headphones that came with my sisters cd player she bought over the summer because she does not like that style of headphone, and that one is now starting to short, usualy only one side works, and the other plays static, sometimes both sides work

anyway.

The headphones I have are Sony, but they're not cordless, and they're not so loud that they require extra batteries. The sound quality is really good though :) As for batteries, just go to wal-mart and get a set of rechargeables, which you can use on anything. It's worth it.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*the Final Cut*~*

I've ruined seven CD players and eleven pairs of headphones in my short life already....

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Well, I have a good pair of sony headphones, but they have a long, yet durable cord. As in, they have been roolled over in my rolly compy chair many times, and they still work fine.

If you were talking about wired headphones i'd suggest Durabrand or that L-named brand (It isn't Linux; that's computers) but I don't know much about cordless so...

But I'll tell ya, the headphones that come with cruddy portable CD plyers are usually really good.

Trust me. I've only killed one set and that's coz a cat peed on it I think :P

ok hope that in some vague way helps...

Kaboom! Exploding headphones! ^-^

>o Was it YOU who put firecrackers in my headphones?!

Aww, they were only FIRECRACKERS!? Darn lying... Explosives person... Flaggersnafs...

Them're some Firecracker peices. yup.

j00 gots teh ripped off lawl.

• 4 weeks later...
well, one of my chanukah gifts were a new wireless headphones, which work good, except that I need to wear a hat underthem to keep them from slipping off when I look down (very annoying while hand washing dishes)

I have a big head, so They would probably fit me well. xD

I've ruined seven CD players and eleven pairs of headphones in my short life already....

I thought there wuld be strangeled gasps coming from the crowd

Nope, just the sad shaking of heads. That's an impressive amount of damaged electronics. :P

Nope, just the sad shaking of heads. That's an impressive amount of damaged electronics. :P

well, my family probly went through a half dozen (or more) cd drives for our computers, seems to be the first item that usualy goes on a comp

well, my family probly went through a half dozen (or more) cd drives for our computers, seems to be the first item that usualy goes on a comp

We have a 'computer graveyard' in our house for electronics I have used and blown up.

We have a 'computer graveyard' in our house for electronics I have used and blown up.

Same here!