Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Oh. Oh my. o:

Arkcher

yeeeeah.

I probably told you guys already, but I got a awesome compy a while back (2.4GHz and 1GB RAM. ... which is an improvement from my previous 450MHz and 128MB RAM. XD) which was pretty messed up until I cleaned out the Hard drive and just... made a compy out of it that works.

conveniently at the same time we lost out $80 Antivirus CD, so I've been running a few months with no protection at all.

and you should know by now how Windows computers are with that kind of condition.

I found the blasted CD and loaded it up, and I've got a really, REALLY stubborn virus on here (W32/Jeefo virus, if anyone knows about it?) that is... well, giving me some trouble.

And in about five seconds, about 300 files showed up infected with this virus.

so Chances are, Anything that I've uploaded to the internet in the past few months has a virus, and you shouldnt take it. D=

nice of me to tell you that now though, eh?

Wha'evuh. Im gonna be a bit busy with taking this Virus out, any advising would be appreciated, and bear in mind that if I was too cheap to buy another CD, I'm gonna be too cheap to buy a Mac.

yeeeeah.

I probably told you guys already, but I got a awesome compy a while back (2.4GHz and 1GB RAM. ... which is an improvement from my previous 450MHz and 128MB RAM. XD) which was pretty messed up until I cleaned out the Hard drive and just... made a compy out of it that works.

conveniently at the same time we lost out $80 Antivirus CD, so I've been running a few months with no protection at all.

and you should know by now how Windows computers are with that kind of condition.

I found the blasted CD and loaded it up, and I've got a really, REALLY stubborn virus on here (W32/Jeefo virus, if anyone knows about it?) that is... well, giving me some trouble.

And in about five seconds, about 300 files showed up infected with this virus.

so Chances are, Anything that I've uploaded to the internet in the past few months has a virus, and you shouldnt take it. D=

nice of me to tell you that now though, eh?

Wha'evuh. Im gonna be a bit busy with taking this Virus out, any advising would be appreciated, and bear in mind that if I was too cheap to buy another CD, I'm gonna be too cheap to buy a Mac.

*gives Arkcher the Virus Eradicator*

Good luck with eliminating the virus. I wish I could help.

Update already.

XD

It only affects EXE files that are about 104KB or bigger.

and I've only uploaded a few pictures.

So I'm quite sure I've caused no damage.

Moreover, all it does is slows everyday tasks, and makes the infected files about 20KB bigger.

but its still annoying.

Ever check how many EXE files you have on your computer?

Theres a lot. -nod-

I'd also like to point out a typo in my previous post; 30 files, not 300. XD

but after further scanning, Right now I've tracked down... 229 instances of the said virus.

Whatever.

Calm down, imma get this taken care of by tonight, i expect.