Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Jesse's topic

Jesse

Feeling a little homesick today. My math homework takes forever, it's kind of depressing how slow I am with it. I got two of the problems done, and will try the rest tomorrow.

My roommate seems to be getting nocturnal. He works late at night and sleeps the day away. :closedeyes: I'm just kind of tired of him. I feel lonely.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Feeling a little homesick today. My math homework takes forever, it's kind of depressing how slow I am with it. I got two of the problems done, and will try the rest tomorrow.

My roommate seems to be getting nocturnal. He works late at night and sleeps the day away. :closedeyes: I'm just kind of tired of him. I feel lonely.

*gives Jesse a really big hammy bear hug*

Um...you're what, three years ahead in your math? :rolleyes: At this level, math is supposed to take forever. That's nothing to be depressed about. If your roomie is keeping you awake, tell him to do his homework somewhere else, like in a lounge or something. And when you're feeling lonely, you can always come talk to us. I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. And if nothing else, the semester is almost over! ^_^

Thanks, I feel a bit better today. I also went to bed at 10. Didn't fall asleep for a while doing that (my dad called me, my roommate walked in and out, etc.), but I wanted the rest anyway.

I'm leaving for the band festival tomorrow, and will get back late Saturday night.

Thanks, I feel a bit better today. I also went to bed at 10. Didn't fall asleep for a while doing that (my dad called me, my roommate walked in and out, etc.), but I wanted the rest anyway.

I'm leaving for the band festival tomorrow, and will get back late Saturday night.

Jesusfreak's got some good words of advice. We are always here for you although this can only help a little.

You and your roommate will need to talk about keeping you up.

Have fun at band festival!

Yay band festival! That sounds like fun. ^_^

Um...you're what, three years ahead in your math? :rolleyes: At this level, math is supposed to take forever. That's nothing to be depressed about. If your roomie is keeping you awake, tell him to do his homework somewhere else, like in a lounge or something. And when you're feeling lonely, you can always come talk to us. I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing. And if nothing else, the semester is almost over! ^_^

Fine, I'll take my time with the math. My roommate does his homework in the study lounge nearby. However, he still walks in and out to get stuff or print things using his printer. And of course when he's ready to go to bed.

Fine, I'll take my time with the math. My roommate does his homework in the study lounge nearby. However, he still walks in and out to get stuff or print things using his printer. And of course when he's ready to go to bed.

Ah. Then nicely inform him that his constant going in and out of the room wakes you up (he might not even know), and request that he takes everything he might need with him the first time, and holds off on printing things until you're awake. (If my roomie's sleeping when I need to print something, I email it to the professor instead and offer to bring in a hard copy later. That way your prof knows you got it done on time, and you won't wake up your roomie (and if your prof doesn't want the hard copy, it saves paper and ink!)

Ah. Then nicely inform him that his constant going in and out of the room wakes you up (he might not even know), and request that he takes everything he might need with him the first time, and holds off on printing things until you're awake. (If my roomie's sleeping when I need to print something, I email it to the professor instead and offer to bring in a hard copy later. That way your prof knows you got it done on time, and you won't wake up your roomie (and if your prof doesn't want the hard copy, it saves paper and ink!)

He knows I wake up when he walks in. If I startle or something he just says "don't worry, it's only me". He also knows that I wake up after his phone goes off a million times in the morning. I don't know why he doesn't do anything about it, but I'm afraid of being too offensive about it/

He knows I wake up when he walks in. If I startle or something he just says "don't worry, it's only me". He also knows that I wake up after his phone goes off a million times in the morning. I don't know why he doesn't do anything about it, but I'm afraid of being too offensive about it/

Sometimes you just need to be upfront about it. I don't think most guys will get offended if you tell them to stop doing things that keep waking you up.

I'm back, and yes it was fun. I thought all the rehearsal time would kill me, but the conductor had an attitude I've never seen before...he basically held the view that he worked for us, not us working for him. So he had us stretch sometimes (those chairs were PAINFUL), give us breaks, or "flip flop" - having a woodwind sectional then a brass sectional.

My host was also great. What happened was that if we wished, we would be paired up with a student at this college (We were at Gordon) and they would find some way to let us sleep Friday night. My host let me take over his bed while he took the couch (though apparently he prefers it anyway), and he made me pancakes in the morning. ^_^ Whenever I had free time I just lounged in there and watched Red Sox games with them (they're all fans of the team I suppose).

Our concert was great and energetic, and the American Band was incredible! (this band played before us so I watched them) I slipped a few times (stupid altissimo register on the alto clarinet...) but I think I did well otherwise. The great thing about the alto is that you get both low woodwind parts and higher woodwind parts, so you get the fun of both worlds. Too bad my dad couldn't come, his company imposed a fascist policy about work hours so that changed plans for him. My parents are coming up to see me today, though.

I'm back, and yes it was fun. I thought all the rehearsal time would kill me, but the conductor had an attitude I've never seen before...he basically held the view that he worked for us, not us working for him. So he had us stretch sometimes (those chairs were PAINFUL), give us breaks, or "flip flop" - having a woodwind sectional then a brass sectional.

My host was also great. What happened was that if we wished, we would be paired up with a student at this college (We were at Gordon) and they would find some way to let us sleep Friday night. My host let me take over his bed while he took the couch (though apparently he prefers it anyway), and he made me pancakes in the morning. ^_^ Whenever I had free time I just lounged in there and watched Red Sox games with them (they're all fans of the team I suppose).

Our concert was great and energetic, and the American Band was incredible! (this band played before us so I watched them) I slipped a few times (stupid altissimo register on the alto clarinet...) but I think I did well otherwise. The great thing about the alto is that you get both low woodwind parts and higher woodwind parts, so you get the fun of both worlds. Too bad my dad couldn't come, his company imposed a fascist policy about work hours so that changed plans for him. My parents are coming up to see me today, though.

Sounds like you had a spectacular time and had a super nice host. Nobody but you noticed the little slip, I'm guessing you are much harder on yourself than anyone else.

Your father would have loved to be in the audience. Hope you have a great day with your parents today.

Sounds like you had a spectacular time and had a super nice host. Nobody but you noticed the little slip, I'm guessing you are much harder on yourself than anyone else.

Your father would have loved to be in the audience. Hope you have a great day with your parents today.

Yes, I had a nice time with them. We went to lunch and then hung out in the lobby of my residential building for a bit. My dad finds ways to bug my mom the whole time, it's fun :P

Yes, I had a nice time with them. We went to lunch and then hung out in the lobby of my residential building for a bit. My dad finds ways to bug my mom the whole time, it's fun :P

It's amusing when parents bug each other. :lol:

Glad to hear you had an awesome time! ^_^ My dad's company is oddly lenient about his working hours. It seems that they don't really care when my dad works as long as it's mostly when he's supposed to, and as long as the total number of hours is the same. So he'll do things like work an hour later than normal from Monday-Thursday, and then take Friday afternoon off. It's pretty awesome.

And Horatio, it's about time you're online! I've been waiting for you to mod posts all day! :P

Glad to hear you had an awesome time! ^_^ My dad's company is oddly lenient about his working hours. It seems that they don't really care when my dad works as long as it's mostly when he's supposed to, and as long as the total number of hours is the same. So he'll do things like work an hour later than normal from Monday-Thursday, and then take Friday afternoon off. It's pretty awesome.

And Horatio, it's about time you're online! I've been waiting for you to mod posts all day! :P

:blush: :blush: :blush:

My apologies. I was in Cincinnati this morning, then Memphis, now Chicago.

At the end of the week, I hope to have pictures of Little Big Horn.

Ah, I figured you were probably busy.

At work we have wireless and I tried again, but had to get approved. :(

This will take a week???????? :huh: Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttt?

Huh?

Huh?

I am whining. It takes the company one week to approve you to use your laptop with their wireless. We all have undergone background checks and all sorts of other checks, so I cannot imagine why it takes an entire week.

Huh?

I am whining. It takes the company one week to approve you to use your laptop with their wireless. We all have undergone background checks and all sorts of other checks, so I cannot imagine why it takes an entire week.

Ah. I would have thought you would have gotten yourself approved for wireless a looooong time ago. :P

Huh?

Ah. I would have thought you would have gotten yourself approved for wireless a looooong time ago. :P

I should have, but I always used the company computers as the wireless seats were always filled. They now have expanded the wireless seating area and the company computers are too busy, so I decided to start using Adam.

*is caught being lazy* :blush:

Huh?

I should have, but I always used the company computers as the wireless seats were always filled. They now have expanded the wireless seating area and the company computers are too busy, so I decided to start using Adam.

Ah, cool. I remember when we went down to FL, there was wireless available in the waiting area in the air port, but you had to pay for it. Which my sister did. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you had an awesome time! My dad's company is oddly lenient about his working hours. It seems that they don't really care when my dad works as long as it's mostly when he's supposed to, and as long as the total number of hours is the same. So he'll do things like work an hour later than normal from Monday-Thursday, and then take Friday afternoon off. It's pretty awesome.

:blush: :blush:

At work we have wireless and I tried again, but had to get approved.

Huh?

Ah, cool. I remember when we went down to FL, there was wireless available in the waiting area in the air port, but you had to pay for it. Which my sister did. :rolleyes:

I have no idea why we have to get approved, it is not like anyone can get within 1000 feet of the building, without going through security. :rolleyes: The dumb thing is that I can use my cell phone to hook up to the same wireless network without being approved. :lol:

Glad to hear you had an awesome time! My dad's company is oddly lenient about his working hours. It seems that they don't really care when my dad works as long as it's mostly when he's supposed to, and as long as the total number of hours is the same. So he'll do things like work an hour later than normal from Monday-Thursday, and then take Friday afternoon off. It's pretty awesome.

Huh?

I have no idea why we have to get approved, it is not like anyone can get within 1000 feet of the building, without going through security. :rolleyes: The dumb thing is that I can use my cell phone to hook up to the same wireless network without being approved. :lol:

Yeah, that seems pretty silly to me.

Huh?

Yeah, that seems pretty silly to me.

LOL... don't want them to know if they have not figured it out by now. I would just have to wait another week for cell phone wireless access approval. LOL

Sorry to interrupt your exchange but my roommate woke me up at 5:00 am and 6:30 am with his printer, and then starting at 7 his phone went off every 15 minutes, not including calls from other people (one of which he kept ignoring for some reason). I've been tempted to unplug that stupid printer and throw his phone down the stairs. I'm talking to my mentor about this today. I just need to tell someone. I'm afraid of confrontation with my roommate but I can't handle this for even just 5 more weeks. You know, we totally agreed near the start of the year to go to bed at midnight. Nothing changed since then on my end, so why did my roommate have to go nocturnal? (I keep wanting to say nautical when I type that word...)

Sorry to interrupt your exchange but my roommate woke me up at 5:00 am and 6:30 am with his printer, and then starting at 7 his phone went off every 15 minutes, not including calls from other people (one of which he kept ignoring for some reason). I've been tempted to unplug that stupid printer and throw his phone down the stairs. I'm talking to my mentor about this today. I just need to tell someone. I'm afraid of confrontation with my roommate but I can't handle this for even just 5 more weeks. You know, we totally agreed near the start of the year to go to bed at midnight. Nothing changed since then on my end, so why did my roommate have to go nocturnal? (I keep wanting to say nautical when I type that word...)

How sad that your roommate is so inconsiderate. If he would just try and compromise, then you both could work things out. But he seems to act like he is the only person in the room.

You are showing much more restraint than I think I could have. His printer would have been thrown off the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge and his cell phone would have been thrown underneath the wheels of a speeding express subway train. So, I admire you. His phone should be on vibrate, especially if he does not want to take a call. He could have carried his printer into another area of the dorm where no one was sleeping, then he could have printed to his heart's content. Let me know if you want us hamsters to raid your place and chew all the cords to every electrical device he owns... cell phone charger, printer, computer, etc. :lol:

That is absolutely ridiculous. And I'm going to tell you what your mentor is going to tell you: You have to talk to your roomie about it. His actions are totally inconsiderate (if he even knows he's waking you up). If you don't talk to him, he's not going to know you're upset, and nothing will change.

Okay well I spoke with my mentor, she had the idea of leaving a letter on his desk while I am away, which I think I will go with. Maybe tomorrow night or Thursday night.

Okay well I spoke with my mentor, she had the idea of leaving a letter on his desk while I am away, which I think I will go with. Maybe tomorrow night or Thursday night.

Actually I think Jesusfreak's idea is better, to address the problem with your roommate. See what Jesusfreak thinks, but I don't quite think leaving a letter is the best way to handle it as you will have to discuss it at some time. Better to do it up front.

Yeah, I have to agree that for most people, talking to your roomie in person is probably your best bet. However, if you don't spend much time together in the room, or if you're just really bad with words, a letter might help too. It's up to you, really.

Phew, well last night he never woke me up with the printer, or with anything. He woke me up at 7:30 and then left for class, so that was that. And I went to bed at around 10:30 that night so I am feeling better today.

Phew, well last night he never woke me up with the printer, or with anything. He woke me up at 7:30 and then left for class, so that was that. And I went to bed at around 10:30 that night so I am feeling better today.

Having a night where you sleep soundly is worth everything! Amazing just how good it makes you feel.

Let's hope he continues being considerate. :)

Having a night where you sleep soundly is worth everything! Amazing just how good it makes you feel.

True that, Horadius.

I love weekends, cause I can sleep in.

And it feels so gooooooood.

True that, Horadius.

Oh yeah... I know exactly how great a wonderful day of sleep is. :lol:

True that, Horadius.

I might have to get off the compy soonish, for sleep tonight. xD

True that, Horadius.

You need sleep to do well in school. :)

True that, Horadius.

Well, considering my record, I'm the counterpoint to that truth. x3

True that, Horadius.

Oh yeah... I know exactly how great a wonderful day of sleep is. LOL

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's what you think.

The Nasa Sleep Study would probably disagree with you. LOL

True that, Horadius.

Oh yeah... I know exactly how great a wonderful day of sleep is. LOL

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's what you think.

The Nasa Sleep Study would probably disagree with you. LOL

I know, I know.

I just get about 6-7 hours of sleep a night, 7 1/2 if I'm lucky. But I still excel in school. :3

Sleep is important. REM sleep in particular is important for learning.

Wait, you're saying that while posting at 1:19 in the morning? :lol:

She's posting in her sleep. :lol:

Ha, I wish. I had a test today that needed to be studied for. I ended up talking to Phil on aim for a couple hours instead. :rolleyes:

I almost had a heart attack when I got an email today saying I was removed from one of my courses for next semester. It was an honors section of intro to american government, and sure enough it said you must be in the honors group...turns out it's only for FRESHMEN honors students for some reason. Wish they had specified that in the restrictions! :rolleyes: It meant two days of alternates filling up while I was unaware. Then I ranted to my mom about it, then I found another course toward my social behavioral science requirements that is at the same time - principles of micro economics. I am taking economics 101 now, so I went for it and registered. Phew! :wacko: I didn't really feel completely up to doing an American Government course anyway so maybe it's for the best. It's just now I need to be able to fit 3 honors electives in my schedule the year after if I want to get my honors minor filled, and that's the year I do my physics lab...ah, the fun times of registration. :unsure:

I almost had a heart attack when I got an email today saying I was removed from one of my courses for next semester. It was an honors section of intro to american government, and sure enough it said you must be in the honors group...turns out it's only for FRESHMEN honors students for some reason. Wish they had specified that in the restrictions! :rolleyes: It meant two days of alternates filling up while I was unaware. Then I ranted to my mom about it, then I found another course toward my social behavioral science requirements that is at the same time - principles of micro economics. I am taking economics 101 now, so I went for it and registered. Phew! :wacko: I didn't really feel completely up to doing an American Government course anyway so maybe it's for the best. It's just now I need to be able to fit 3 honors electives in my schedule the year after if I want to get my honors minor filled, and that's the year I do my physics lab...ah, the fun times of registration. :unsure:

In the age of super-computers, you would think that registering would be so much easier. You should have not been permitted to register for that course. Of course, ranting is good as it relieves stress, but I believe things did work out for you. Micro Economics should be a course you enjoy and do well in.

Yeah, that is pretty strange that it let you register for the class in the first place. I know when I register, if I don't meet some requirement, it immediately tells me I can't have the class.

Yes, that's USUALLY what happens to me too. But this course did not consider my class standing, which it should have, and I do not think it was mentioned in the description either...but I cannot check again, for after the instructor removed us (the email was sent to 3 students) the course was abruptly removed from Web Adviser. :huh:

Yeah, that is pretty strange that it let you register for the class in the first place. I know when I register, if I don't meet some requirement, it immediately tells me I can't have the class.

Yes, that's USUALLY what happens to me too. But this course did not consider my class standing, which it should have, and I do not think it was mentioned in the description either...but I cannot check again, for after the instructor removed us (the email was sent to 3 students) the course was abruptly removed from Web Adviser. :huh:

My guess is that is because the instructor realized his mistake and did not want you all complaining.

My guess is that is because the instructor realized his mistake and did not want you all complaining.

Yeah, well, I still complained about it. :rolleyes: For a little bit. But again it might be for the best that I do microeconomics instead.

I like how you have made more posts in this topic that I have. It's kind of sad, but then again I guess that is just your nature... :P

Oh yeah, so Monday I got the email saying I got into that specialty housing place that I applied for. No more worries there. ^_^ Apparently 150 rising sophomores are floating around because they quickly ran out of room in the last of the two "preferred" housing areas. So now they have to rearrange themselves and be placed in the not-so-popular one which is the building I'm living in this year. Just because I feel like it, this is what our residence halls are like:

Freshman:

Two 6-floor simple halls (like what JF is in, but these are pretty much garbage dumps...)

10-floor hall with 12-room suites (what I live in now, honors students get this preferred hall)

Sophomores:

Same 10-floor hall with 12-room suites (2 triples, sophomores usually get the top 3 floors but they may need more next year...)

3 2-story buildings with 6-room suites

3 2-story buildings with 3-room suites/apartments (I can't decide which to call them, each has one or two triple rooms)

Juniors and Seniors:

1 2-story building with 3-room suites/apartments (Juniors only)

10 or so townhouses with 3 doubles and 2 singles each (a mile off campus)

4 apartment areas offering various 1-3 bedroom apartments (1-3 miles off campus, my area next year is 1 mile off and is comprised of 4 nice 2-story buildings and I am in a 2 bedroom, 4 person apartment)

So there. Things are interesting here when it comes to housing. And it is guaranteed for 4 years.

That can be complicated. :lol:

Wow, 10 floor buildings. Our biggest residence hall is four floors. I'm pretty sure all the others are three floors.

Yes, if you walk around the neighborhood behind the 10 story building, it makes such a giant contrast. :blink: Actually the 10-floor building is also a college of business and the home of res life, so the first two floors don't really count. I have my intro to economics class on the first floor, nice to not have any travel time involved :P

Wow, 10 floor buildings. Our biggest residence hall is four floors. I'm pretty sure all the others are three floors.

Yes, if you walk around the neighborhood behind the 10 story building, it makes such a giant contrast. :blink: Actually the 10-floor building is also a college of business and the home of res life, so the first two floors don't really count. I have my intro to economics class on the first floor, nice to not have any travel time involved :P

That's interesting. Our residence halls and class buildings are all completely separate.

That's interesting. Our residence halls and class buildings are all completely separate.

Yes, well, the college of business was a late addition. And then I guess they decided to add 8 floors of dorm suites above of it. :rolleyes: Which means, because of the business peoples working there, that the sophomores of the building have to use a parking lot across the street and down a hill instead of the parking lot right there! (freshmen can't have a car on campus). Other than that, residence halls are by themselves, except two have an extra food place, and one has its own gym.

I just sent my levelset for release today. :) It feels weird finally having that done, I've been working on and off with it for 2 years and a month. :wacko: I just hope that players experience few problems with it and have fun.

People seem to be enjoying my levels, though I have fallen victim to bugs again :rolleyes: In one level the door to the end of the level opens prematurely, and in another level a ladder cannot be grabbed after I use a flipmap in a room. The second one is just me being stupid, but I cannot figure out why the first one happens (it only happens after a certain point in the level, which makes it more confusing)

People seem to be enjoying my levels, though I have fallen victim to bugs again :rolleyes: In one level the door to the end of the level opens prematurely, and in another level a ladder cannot be grabbed after I use a flipmap in a room. The second one is just me being stupid, but I cannot figure out why the first one happens (it only happens after a certain point in the level, which makes it more confusing)

Hey, if those are the only two problems you have, you're not doing too bad. ^_^

Are you dealing with finals week yet?

Almost, that starts next week. It's more like a "finals weekend" for me though. I have one Thursday, one Friday, and then one the following Monday. Can't really complain about that. :) And I barely have to live on campus next week, which is good news for me. My roommate has been creepy lately. Just today I saw a, well, I'll just call it a disturbing dvd sitting on his bookshelf. This is the second time throughout the year I've seen such a disturbing dvd. He was also talking to someone on the phone about the idea of carrying a knife on him (he wanted to do something late at night), and said that he knew many guys on campus that do the same thing. :blink: But he will be out of my fur soon enough.

Almost, that starts next week. It's more like a "finals weekend" for me though. I have one Thursday, one Friday, and then one the following Monday. Can't really complain about that. :) And I barely have to live on campus next week, which is good news for me. My roommate has been creepy lately. Just today I saw a, well, I'll just call it a disturbing dvd sitting on his bookshelf. This is the second time throughout the year I've seen such a disturbing dvd. He was also talking to someone on the phone about the idea of carrying a knife on him (he wanted to do something late at night), and said that he knew many guys on campus that do the same thing. :blink: But he will be out of my fur soon enough.

Your roommate does not make me feel good. He kind of scares me. I will feel much better when you are out of there.

Hate to break it to you, but I think that's pretty normal (not good, but normal nonetheless) for guys at this age (although most of them usually have the decency to keep videos like that out of plain sight...). And I carry a knife on me, and I'm a girl. :P

Hate to break it to you, but I think that's pretty normal (not good, but normal nonetheless) for guys at this age (although most of them usually have the decency to keep videos like that out of plain sight...). And I carry a knife on me, and I'm a girl. :P

Yeah, I don't know why I found it surprising...maybe it's just the fact that I know such dvds are sitting there in the room. What if someone thinks they're mine? :blink: The one I saw today also had a racist title, but I guess that's like critiquing the paint job on the Titanic...

And the knife, I see why it's a good idea in some cases, but I just can't imagine anyone needing one on a campus like mine. Who would bother trying to mug someone or something on this campus? Oh wait...the same guy who swiped my clarinet from a practice room. :rolleyes: That's right, I was stupid and left my e-flat soprano in a practice room, and over the two-hour span of time, someone took it and nothing has happened since. I've taken all the action I can with that, but my father generously got me another one. Still, who does that?

Yeah, I don't know why I found it surprising...maybe it's just the fact that I know such dvds are sitting there in the room. What if someone thinks they're mine? :blink: The one I saw today also had a racist title, but I guess that's like critiquing the paint job on the Titanic...

And the knife, I see why it's a good idea in some cases, but I just can't imagine anyone needing one on a campus like mine. Who would bother trying to mug someone or something on this campus? Oh wait...the same guy who swiped my clarinet from a practice room. :rolleyes: That's right, I was stupid and left my e-flat soprano in a practice room, and over the two-hour span of time, someone took it and nothing has happened since. I've taken all the action I can with that, but my father generously got me another one. Still, who does that?

Jesse, anyone who knows you knows that DVD's like that aren't yours. The reason I have a knife is because it's my pocketknife, and it's useful for everyday life (and kind of amusing, because most people don't expect a girl to have such a large pocketknife :lol: ). And the clarinet, yeah, that's a pretty strange thing to steal. Was your name in the case?

Jesse, anyone who knows you knows that DVD's like that aren't yours. The reason I have a knife is because it's my pocketknife, and it's useful for everyday life (and kind of amusing, because most people don't expect a girl to have such a large pocketknife :lol: ). And the clarinet, yeah, that's a pretty strange thing to steal. Was your name in the case?

No, I never thought to put a nametag on it :rolleyes: I learned a few lessons from that...

No, I never thought to put a nametag on it :rolleyes: I learned a few lessons from that...

Aha. Having your name and phone number on expensive things is usually a good idea.

Took the first of my two finals yesterday, and have the next one Monday. The next one is math so I'm not too worried, just hope I remember all the methods and stuff.

Took the first of my two finals yesterday, and have the next one Monday. The next one is math so I'm not too worried, just hope I remember all the methods and stuff.

lol you're like a math prodigy, you'll do fine I'm sure. :) How did the first one go?

lol you're like a math prodigy, you'll do fine I'm sure. :) How did the first one go?

English was okay. I think I did pretty well with structuring the essay (that was the whole test) because I spent the first 20 minutes creating a table answering the essay questions with 3 different books (well one was a pair of poems). I don't think the conclusion was spectacular though. I just hope the prof will think I made points this time, instead of just saying stuff like I did on another paper for him.

Temporary Topic Hijack:

Please go to Warm Wishes and make a post in My friend Nutzky is in Iraq topic.

He would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Horatio

Hi Jesse. Glad you hear you think your essay was a success!

Please help in the above request.

Thanks.

Temporary Topic Hijack:

Please go to Warm Wishes and make a post in My friend Nutzky is in Iraq topic.

He would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Horatio

Hi Jesse. Glad you hear you think your essay was a success!

Please help in the above request.

Thanks.

Thank you so very much Jesse!!! Nutzky will be so happy to hear from everyone.

I'm all done! Youpi! :D I took my math final today, it was pretty easy. My prof already posted the grades and I got an 88, which I guess is pretty good (I always try for A's in math :P ). I retained my A for the class at least. 5 of my 8 classes have the final grades posted but I'll wait until they all come in to share how I did.

I'm all done! Youpi! :D I took my math final today, it was pretty easy. My prof already posted the grades and I got an 88, which I guess is pretty good (I always try for A's in math :P ). I retained my A for the class at least. 5 of my 8 classes have the final grades posted but I'll wait until they all come in to share how I did.

That's awesome! Congrats! ^_^

Outstanding!! Wonderful!!!

Great for you Jesse!!!

Thanks :D Now on to Junior year. Wait, did I ever mention here that I plan to complete my bachelor's in 3 years? Well either way now you know. After that, I will probably go for masters, maybe in Math, or maybe something like Computer Science if I need that for my career. My mom told me the other day that she saw me getting a doctorate in math. I never really thought of that much. Maybe I should go for that!

Thanks :D Now on to Junior year. Wait, did I ever mention here that I plan to complete my bachelor's in 3 years? Well either way now you know. After that, I will probably go for masters, maybe in Math, or maybe something like Computer Science if I need that for my career. My mom told me the other day that she saw me getting a doctorate in math. I never really thought of that much. Maybe I should go for that!

You did mention this, but it is still quite an accomplishment. Going on for your masters and possibly your doctorate will be outstanding. It is nice that your parents are willing to pay for this. If they are, definitely take advantage of it. It is so much harder to try and get these degrees when you are working.

Not mind-blowing grades like JF got :P , but I did pretty well this semester. :)

You got an A in differential equations, your freshman year. That's more mind blowing than all of my A's combined. @_@

:blush: I guess that shows even more that I chose the right major! For math next year, in the fall I'll do linear algebra (which I was supposed to do this semester but it was canceled :rolleyes: Isn't registration fun?) and in the spring I will take structures & proofs and abstract algebra. :D

Not mind-blowing grades like JF got :P , but I did pretty well this semester. :)

You got an A in differential equations, your freshman year. That's more mind blowing than all of my A's combined. @_@

:blush: I guess that shows even more that I chose the right major! For math next year, in the fall I'll do linear algebra (which I was supposed to do this semester but it was canceled :rolleyes: Isn't registration fun?) and in the spring I will take structures & proofs and abstract algebra. :D

lol my dad *hated* linear algebra. I cant do all that insane math stuff.

lol my dad *hated* linear algebra. I cant do all that insane math stuff.

I love math and really loved linear algebra. Jesse, you are going to really enjoy this class.

Hope it is not cancelled again.

• 2 weeks later...

So our town and I think 4 other towns had lost power today for 4 hours. It felt very long. :wacko: To pass time I did some reading, played on a few handheld game consoles, and ran down almost all of my PC laptop's battery working on my next TR level.

So our town and I think 4 other towns had lost power today for 4 hours. It felt very long. :wacko: To pass time I did some reading, played on a few handheld game consoles, and ran down almost all of my PC laptop's battery working on my next TR level.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! :(

I hate losing electricity.

Oh wow. We got some minor thundershowers but no loss of power. Half the time when we could hear thunder it was sunny out. :rolleyes:

Oh wow. We got some minor thundershowers but no loss of power. Half the time when we could hear thunder it was sunny out. :rolleyes:

Lucky! We got two waves of heavy lightning and rain. After the storm ended it was immediately sunny again. :huh: Which made things humid, and without the power we couldn't have fans or anything! :wacko: Glad we have power now, because we were worried we might have had to wait for maybe tomorrow since so many places were out of power.

Lucky! We got two waves of heavy lightning and rain. After the storm ended it was immediately sunny again. :huh: Which made things humid, and without the power we couldn't have fans or anything! :wacko: Glad we have power now, because we were worried we might have had to wait for maybe tomorrow since so many places were out of power.

Ah, see that doesn't even phase me. It was really humid here too, but we don't have air conditioning, so I'm used to it. I have a fan, but it's not hot enough to be worth the amount of noise it makes. But what's really bad is when the power goes out in the winter time. I remember in 5th grade a snow storm knocked out power for two days. It was cold. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Eek, the lights were just dimming repeatedly. Hope the power does not go off again. Sounds like a thunderstorm coming our way.

So about a month after I released my latest levelset. So far I have recieved 6 reviews and my average rating is at 9.25/10 which is a nice surprise ^_^

Eek, the lights were just dimming repeatedly. Hope the power does not go off again. Sounds like a thunderstorm coming our way.

So about a month after I released my latest levelset. So far I have recieved 6 reviews and my average rating is at 9.25/10 which is a nice surprise ^_^

Yeah, I was looking at the radar. If you live in the part of the state I think you live in, you just got hit with a hefty thunderstorm. :wacko: And congrats on the good reviews! ^_^

Congratulations!!!!!!

Rave reviews!!!!!!!

I always new you were going to be a super success!!!!!!!!!

Thanks both of yas. :) Yes, we got smacked by a big thunderstorm, but fortunately the power never went out. We also had a tornado watch in our county yesterday :blink: Fortunately I live in a very hilly region.

Red spots, definitely. Some of those thunder strikes made me jump, and the storm made our network services shut down. At least one of them works now. :)

Here comes another thunderstorm. What is going on??

Yep. I heard thunder and looked at the radar and was like, "Oh look, giant band of pretty colors is about to go omnomnom to our state." :lol:

The red band of doom almost completely covered us up :blink: When does this end? We almost lost power at some points but we never completely did. Phew...

Yep. I heard thunder and looked at the radar and was like, "Oh look, giant band of pretty colors is about to go omnomnom to our state." :lol:

The red band of doom almost completely covered us up :blink: When does this end? We almost lost power at some points but we never completely did. Phew...

Just wait until the red becomes magenta! :o

Our power flickered just enough to knock out my internet for a bit. :lol:

So I went to my sister's graduation today. The power went out at one point, but it was great timing because it cut off this lady who was about to drone on with a list of 24 items of something or other for her speech. :rolleyes: It went back on in the middle of presenting diplomas.

But something stupid happened. There is this kid who has parents in the school system, and an aunt on the board of ed. He was expecting to make Salutitorian status (or better), but another student passed him, and she was announced as salutitorian instead. This guy is kind of a tool who slacked off senior year, as opposed to the girl who is actually a person, so we didn't exactly complain about what happened.

All of a sudden this past week the newspaper announces that there will be TWO salutatorians this year. Guess whose relatives managed to shove their student into the spotlight while taking the glory of having this unique rank away from the girl who actually deserved it? Not only that, but at the ceremony HE was the one presented first, and they made it look like it was the other student who was sort of an after-thought. :angry: I feel really sorry for this girl. And I feel sorry for the school administration, because apparently they cannot simply tell someone to suck it up, that their child just did not earn the rank that their inflated egos expected.

So I went to my sister's graduation today. The power went out at one point, but it was great timing because it cut off this lady who was about to drone on with a list of 24 items of something or other for her speech. :rolleyes: It went back on in the middle of presenting diplomas.

But something stupid happened. There is this kid who has parents in the school system, and an aunt on the board of ed. He was expecting to make Salutitorian status (or better), but another student passed him, and she was announced as salutitorian instead. This guy is kind of a tool who slacked off senior year, as opposed to the girl who is actually a person, so we didn't exactly complain about what happened.

All of a sudden this past week the newspaper announces that there will be TWO salutatorians this year. Guess whose relatives managed to shove their student into the spotlight while taking the glory of having this unique rank away from the girl who actually deserved it? Not only that, but at the ceremony HE was the one presented first, and they made it look like it was the other student who was sort of an after-thought. :angry: I feel really sorry for this girl. And I feel sorry for the school administration, because apparently they cannot simply tell someone to suck it up, that their child just did not earn the rank that their inflated egos expected.

The Salutatorian is usually the second highest student in the graduating class. It was based on GPA, but now is sometimes extended to include extracurricular activities as well. The Salutatorian usually makes the opening speech and the Valedictorian makes the farewell speech. Never have I heard of two Valedictorians or two Salutatorians. The boy with the parents in the school system is in for a rude awakening when he gets to college. He won't have his connections to push around the deserving party when he just doesn't cross the finish line first. My heart goes out to the girl who should have been awarded the honour by herself.

Yes, I thought the same thing about him at college. I'll give him some privacy and not reveal which school he's attending next year, but it's a pretty big ivy league school, so I think he's going bound to learn some tough lessons...

And yet again more thunderstorms, one yesterday, one today for a bit, and supposedly we have them for the rest of the week too. :wacko: Good news for my mom's garden though!

Yes, I thought the same thing about him at college. I'll give him some privacy and not reveal which school he's attending next year, but it's a pretty big ivy league school, so I think he's going bound to learn some tough lessons...

And yet again more thunderstorms, one yesterday, one today for a bit, and supposedly we have them for the rest of the week too. :wacko: Good news for my mom's garden though!

Big fish in a small pond about to be released to the ocean :lol: (ignore the blatant biological problems with that analogy). I love thunderstorms. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm back, and I did have a nice time. We ended up having barely any internet and no cellphone coverage at the place we stayed, so it was a good time to be disconnected from the world. We did some biking, and beautiful drives in northern NH and things like that. It was relaxing. Well, except when I got tired out from the biking. :P

I'm back, and I did have a nice time. We ended up having barely any internet and no cellphone coverage at the place we stayed, so it was a good time to be disconnected from the world. We did some biking, and beautiful drives in northern NH and things like that. It was relaxing. Well, except when I got tired out from the biking. :P

Welcome back! ^_^ NH is soooo pretty....and yeah, mountains make for bad cell reception.

What a nice holiday.

Welcome back.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesse's topic is lacking in Jesse. :rolleyes:

He appeared, didn't post in his topic, :( , then disappeared again.

:(:(:(

Come back here Jesse, we miss you!

Hi, well there isn't much to report on with me. I've just kind of lazing about the house for the remainder of my vacation. :rolleyes:

Hi, well there isn't much to report on with me. I've just kind of lazing about the house for the remainder of my vacation. :rolleyes:

Take pictures. We looooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeee pictures.

We could see a picture of your log, perhaps covered with moss in the forest.

Are there any mushrooms near your log?

Nah, I don't want people stalking me. :lol: No, I haven't seen any mushrooms here. There were some at my last spot though.

Nah, I don't want people stalking me. :lol: No, I haven't seen any mushrooms here. There were some at my last spot though.

I was not suggesting you take a picture of your "house", but a log in the forest where the wolf lives.

Actually, pretty sure I found Jesse on facebook (I was bored and curious to see how difficult it would be). :rolleyes: Jesse, I didn't add you, although I can if you want me to. :lol: The one cool thing about facebook is that you have tons of privacy settings, so if you do it right, most people can't see much of anything about you except your name, profile picture, class year, and network (usually your school or general area of where you live). I think even those things can be restricted so non-friends can't see them, but then it makes it difficult for your actual friends to find you. :rolleyes: And usually people in your network can see a limited profile of things you choose to let them see. As a teacher, I have to have a lot of things restricted on my profile, because middle school kids love to google their teachers and tell the whole world what they find, even if it's not necessarily a bad thing (one teacher had a profile on match, and her students found it, printed it out, and posted it all over the school saying, "who wants to date Ms. So-and-so???" :ph34r:

Okay, so I guess it's already easy to stalk. :P At least there's no way to tell where I'm living next year. I kind of meant that as more of a joke than anything, since I'm really just too lazy to post pictures (my main computer doesn't have bluetooth <_< )

Okay, so I guess it's already easy to stalk. :P At least there's no way to tell where I'm living next year. I kind of meant that as more of a joke than anything, since I'm really just too lazy to post pictures (my main computer doesn't have bluetooth <_>

Lazy is good. It's summer and you work really hard during the school year, so you deserve to be lazy during your days off. School is going to start sooner than you think.

Why do you need bluetooth, don't you have pictures on your computer? :blink:

Okay, so I guess it's already easy to stalk. :P At least there's no way to tell where I'm living next year. I kind of meant that as more of a joke than anything, since I'm really just too lazy to post pictures (my main computer doesn't have bluetooth <_< )

Lazy is good. It's summer and you work really hard during the school year, so you deserve to be lazy during your days off. School is going to start sooner than you think.

No, why would I have pictures of my house on my computer? :huh:

Okay, so I guess it's already easy to stalk. :P At least there's no way to tell where I'm living next year. I kind of meant that as more of a joke than anything, since I'm really just too lazy to post pictures (my main computer doesn't have bluetooth <_>

Just in case you got lost in the forest, then you could open up your laptop, with laptop connect, and find it.

Just in case you got lost in the forest, then you could open up your laptop, with laptop connect, and find it.

:huh: You mean like a GPS system? I've never thought that a laptop could do that.

:huh: You mean like a GPS system? I've never thought that a laptop could do that.

You could have a GPS, map or just plain old pictures to help your recognize the area of the forest where your log is located.

My dad actually found a program for laptops that is a navigation system, that works with a handheld GPS (like the kind you use for hiking, they can all be plugged into the computer these days). He was messing around with it when he and mom went to Florida.

My dad actually found a program for laptops that is a navigation system, that works with a handheld GPS (like the kind you use for hiking, they can all be plugged into the computer these days). He was messing around with it when he and mom went to Florida.

That's pretty neat!

By the way I've been working on another level, set in the mountains, so don't worry, I'm doing something productive. :P I'm also playing this DS game that teaches you French, to help my vocabulary along, and I'm reading a book in French. Too bad there's no way to really keep up my spoken French.

That's pretty neat!

By the way I've been working on another level, set in the mountains, so don't worry, I'm doing something productive. :P I'm also playing this DS game that teaches you French, to help my vocabulary along, and I'm reading a book in French. Too bad there's no way to really keep up my spoken French.

Oh, awesome! ^_^ Hm....switch the language in neopets to french? :lol:

That's pretty neat!

Switch your entire computer to French. :D

I've done both before. :P Though for me that's still reading French and not speaking it. Speaking of which I haven't checked that site in awhile, maybe I'll do that today.

I've done both before. :P Though for me that's still reading French and not speaking it. Speaking of which I haven't checked that site in awhile, maybe I'll do that today.

We figured you had... but perhaps you could read the French out loud. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm heading to school tomorrow. Kind of nervous but excited too. Can't wait to see my new dorm. I'll be busy for a while so, hang in there everyone. :)

I'm heading to school tomorrow. Kind of nervous but excited too. Can't wait to see my new dorm. I'll be busy for a while so, hang in there everyone. :)

Good luck!!!!!!!!

I'm on my way to Indianapolis and San Francisco, so I will post later!

I did not realize you flew so much. Has it always been like that, or is it just recent that you started flying more.

Or maybe you just never told us about it.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

I'm on my way to Indianapolis and San Francisco, so I will post later!

I did not realize you flew so much. Has it always been like that, or is it just recent that you started flying more.

Or maybe you just never told us about it.

I just didn't talk about it before.

When all the posts were moderated, I didn't want to have people panic and think their posts would not show up. So, now that your posts go up immediately, I can tell you all what I am doing.

• 4 weeks later...