Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Jesse's topic

Jesse

Well I just came back from it. I think I did well, the director seemed to be pleased and he is looking forward to having me in band. I'm definitely doing marching band and pep band, and having a discussion with him after the audition was encouraging. I kind of stumbled on the first prepared piece in some places, but I roared through the second one. And the sight reading was fun. And I didn't have to do any scales. I guess he just didn't think about those?

Oh yeah, my sister in law is now in labor and being taken to the hospital; I may have a new nephew today... ^_^

Uncle Jesse!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am reminded of the Dukes of Hazzard. xD

Congrats on the possible nephew(or possibly neice) ^.^

Uncle Jesse!!!!!

Calm down! I've already been an uncle for 5 years, with a nephew and a niece. :)

My second nephew was indeed born yesterday. His name's Aden. :D I can't find the time to visit the hospital with school going on full force and all, but they're going to come and visit in the near future.

You were an uncle at 13! WOW!!!

Congratulations on the birth of your nephew, Aden.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Horatio. He seems to be doing fine. Unfortunately for my brother + sister-in-law, he likes to stay awake through the wee hours of the night. :P

I've been kicked out of the forum for like, two days. I tried logging myself out though earlier today, and that seems to help things.

Thank you Horatio. He seems to be doing fine. Unfortunately for my brother + sister-in-law, he likes to stay awake through the wee hours of the night. :P

I've been kicked out of the forum for like, two days. I tried logging myself out though earlier today, and that seems to help things.

Thanks for the good news. As for your brother and sister-in-law, I see your new nephew is training his parents from day one. LOL

Please tell me what you see, what happens, so I can better explain to HampsterKing. This has happened to me as well.

Thanks for the good news. As for your brother and sister-in-law, I see your new nephew is training his parents from day one. LOL

Please tell me what you see, what happens, so I can better explain to HampsterKing. This has happened to me as well.

Every once in awhile HD doesn't work for me either. It's like the page doesn't exist.

Every once in awhile HD doesn't work for me either. It's like the page doesn't exist.

If when this happens, you can tell me the time it occurred and exactly what you saw, perhaps this will help HampsterKing.

Thank you.

If when this happens, you can tell me the time it occurred and exactly what you saw, perhaps this will help HampsterKing.

Thank you.

It has occurred again since my last post. I first noticed that I couldn't get on at around 8:50 PM (EST as you can guess, Horatio) yesterday, Feb. 18th. My attempts to get on during the morning failed, until just now (5:50 PM on the 19th) when I tried and succeeded in loading the page. Of course, it might have been working before that time and I wasn't at the computer to try and get in.

When the problem happens, I get the standard "server not found" message for that browser. This applies to Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari, all of which I have tried when the hd boards were down. I haven't spotted any numbers or any other kind of information; the message will just say the usual things, "check the URL for misspellings" and the like.

Hope that helps a little.

Thank you.

It has occurred again since my last post. I first noticed that I couldn't get on at around 8:50 PM (EST as you can guess, Horatio) yesterday, Feb. 18th. My attempts to get on during the morning failed, until just now (5:50 PM on the 19th) when I tried and succeeded in loading the page. Of course, it might have been working before that time and I wasn't at the computer to try and get in.

When the problem happens, I get the standard "server not found" message for that browser. This applies to Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari, all of which I have tried when the hd boards were down. I haven't spotted any numbers or any other kind of information; the message will just say the usual things, "check the URL for misspellings" and the like.

Exactly what happens to me. Thanks.

Thank you.

Same thing happens to me.

Thank you.

I have informed HampsterKing again. Please, if you get any additional thoughts on why this happens, please tell me. We need to fix this problem.

Thank you.

I have informed HampsterKing again. Please, if you get any additional thoughts on why this happens, please tell me. We need to fix this problem.

It seems to me like it just flakes out once in awhile. Maybe a problem with the servers?

Thank you.

It seems to me like it just flakes out once in awhile. Maybe a problem with the servers?

The servers is what HampsterKing was thinking.

I couldn't get on at all last night. These are the times I tried (all Eastern, PM) 5:48, 6:07, 6:24, 6:30, 7:23, 8:13, 10:48, and then I think at 11-something, but I didn't write that down...

:o:o:o:o:o

Oh no.

I will copy this and send it to HampsterKing.

Thank you.

I couldn't get on at all last night. These are the times I tried (all Eastern, PM) 5:48, 6:07, 6:24, 6:30, 7:23, 8:13, 10:48, and then I think at 11-something, but I didn't write that down...

persistant! Maybe you should make an alternate account, and see if you can get on the next time that happens...

persistant! Maybe you should make an alternate account, and see if you can get on the next time that happens...

lol maybe. I also couldn't get on at 10:44am and 2:39pm today.

lol maybe. I also couldn't get on at 10:44am and 2:39pm today.

Thank you. I will pass this along.

The servers have been particularly nice to me lately. I don't remember getting any error messages. Of course I was at school for 5 hours (due to a 90 min. delay, yeah!)

I get my braces off in two weeks! ^_^ It turned out we scheduled our morning appointment on a CAPT day, wherein I don't have to be there until 10:20 (since I have completed those my sophomore year) so that works out well.

I also don't have to go in until 11:20 on my birthday. :D Also due to CAPT testing. Thank you Connecticut Academic Performance Tests! :P

Have I ever mentioned my new SAT scores? I took it a second time and I got:

710 - Math (went up 30 points)

610 - Reading (same as last time :wacko: )

680 - Writing (shot up 100 points, somehow...)

That brings my score up to an even 2,000 out of 2400 possible. :)

I looked at the first page of this thread and I can't believe I used the word "multinational" :rolleyes: Maybe that's why my writing score was 580 last time :blush:

The servers have been particularly nice to me lately. I don't remember getting any error messages. Of course I was at school for 5 hours (due to a 90 min. delay, yeah!)

I get my braces off in two weeks! ^_^ It turned out we scheduled our morning appointment on a CAPT day, wherein I don't have to be there until 10:20 (since I have completed those my sophomore year) so that works out well.

I also don't have to go in until 11:20 on my birthday. :D Also due to CAPT testing. Thank you Connecticut Academic Performance Tests! :P

I looked at the first page of this thread and I can't believe I used the word "multinational" :rolleyes: Maybe that's why my writing score was 580 last time :blush:

Awesome! I don't remember my individual scores, but my total I think was 1940. Let me see if I can look it up... Okay, it was 630 for math, 640 for reading, and 670 for writing. The first time I took the SATs it was the old version, and I got 620 on both math and reading.

It finally let me on! I couldn't get on here most of last night and all day today. :wacko:

I was having problems as well.

lol well at least it's not just me. Just a thought, maybe we should have a bug reporting topic specifically for this instead of spamming up Jesse's topic with it? :rolleyes:

It finally let me on! I couldn't get on here most of last night and all day today. :wacko:

lol well at least it's not just me. Just a thought, maybe we should have a bug reporting topic specifically for this instead of spamming up Jesse's topic with it? :rolleyes:

We do. The topic is in the admin forum. But, HampsterKing has said that the problem should be fixed in 48 to 72 hours.

We do. The topic is in the admin forum. But, HampsterKing has said that the problem should be fixed in 48 to 72 hours.

Really? Hm....

Yay, I haven't had any server problems in like, forever! ^_^

I want to put something in this post but I don't know what. So I'll throw in a screenie of my character Luke. I've added a tanktop on him under his coat since I last displayed him here. :)

post-3829-1173022752_thumb.jpg

I want to put something in this post but I don't know what. So I'll throw in a screenie of my character Luke. I've added a tanktop on him under his coat since I last displayed him here. :)

Yeah!!! Except the board now has a new problem. It does not want to show the enlarged pics.

HampsterKing will be a busy guy with all these problems.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut**

Write "Chuck Norris" for all the answers. You'll score over 8,000!

WARNING: Don't really do this.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Yeah!!! Except the board now has a new problem. It does not want to show the enlarged pics.

No kidding. If it helps anything, the new window that's supposed to display the enlarged pic says: <b>IPB WARNING</b> [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)<br />

No kidding. If it helps anything, the new window that's supposed to display the enlarged pic says: IPB WARNING [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)

I guess we have increased security here... just like at the airport. :lol:

No kidding. If it helps anything, the new window that's supposed to display the enlarged pic says: <b>IPB WARNING</b> [2] readfile() has been disabled for security reasons (Line: 309 of /sources/classes/attach/class_attach.php)<br />

I guess we have increased security here... just like at the airport. :lol:

lol :P Increased security makes everything more complicated and difficult.

Indeed when I saw your posts it would not enlarge, but I just check it out and it works again. :)

Indeed when I saw your posts it would not enlarge, but I just check it out and it works again. :)

HampsterKing fixed it.

yes, it does work now. And what is up with the wonky pink colors on Luke, Jesse?

HampsterKing fixed it.

yes, it does work now. And what is up with the wonky pink colors on Luke, Jesse?

I like those pink colours.

HampsterKing fixed it.

I have nothing against them, I was just curious as to there origin. Cause... they haven't been there before.

HampsterKing fixed it.

I have nothing against them, I was just curious as to there origin. Cause... they haven't been there before.

Did you read the post???? :rolleyes:

HampsterKing fixed it.

It didn't mention the pink at all...

HampsterKing fixed it.

No, but he did say he added a tanktop. So I figured the colour was part of the addition.

HampsterKing fixed it.

No, but he did say he added a tanktop. So I figured the colour was part of the addition.

Including the pink on his pants and ears?

HampsterKing fixed it.

I think that is a great touch!!! :D

HampsterKing fixed it.

I just wanna know where the pink is coming from. >.<

HampsterKing fixed it.

I just wanna know where the pink is coming from. >.

Why?

HampsterKing fixed it.

Why?

I like to know answers to life's little questions.

That's just the lighting in the room. :rolleyes: I should move into a room with white light before taking a picture. :P

That's just the lighting in the room. :rolleyes: I should move into a room with white light before taking a picture. :P

N OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

I really liked the pink!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...pink is not exactly a color I'm very fond of. :P

:(

*kicks Cheesemaster*

*kicks Cheesemaster*

Wow. Horatio just kick'd Cheesey. *laughs hysterically at this* :lol:

Some cheese getting kicked by a hamster. XD

*kicks Cheesemaster*

Let's face it, pink doesn't quite go with a masculine male wolf. :P And the tank top looks cool btw. :)

*kicks Cheesemaster*

Wow. Horatio just kick'd Cheesey. *laughs hysterically at this* :lol:

Some cheese getting kicked by a hamster. XD

Perhaps I should unite my rodent relatives to eat him!

*kicks Cheesemaster*

Let's face it, pink doesn't quite go with a masculine male wolf. :P And the tank top looks cool btw. :)

And you're from the Northeast! :o Lot's of masculine men wear pink!!!

Thanks. :)

And you're from the Northeast! :o Lot's of masculine men wear pink!!!

...in the Northeast? Not really. It was a trend for a year or so in my first highschool for guys to wear a pink shirt (especially polo shirts), but after that? Nothing except a few permenant victims of the trend that stuck to it for one reason or another.

*kicks Cheesemaster*

That was completely and utterly random and I laughed in the middle of science thanks to it.

*kicks Cheesemaster*

That was completely and utterly random and I laughed in the middle of science thanks to it.

Not random at all. Cheesemaster voted for "I don't no"!!!

How dare he do that!

*kicks Cheesemaster again*

*gives Science teacher a cookie for not picking on Glowurm for randomly laughing in class*

*kicks Cheesemaster*

How dare he do that!

*gives Science teacher a cookie for not picking on Glowurm for randomly laughing in class*

I voted in favor of it. >O

*kicks Cheesemaster*

How dare he do that!

Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeee?

*kicks Cheesemaster*

How dare he do that!

Quite. Arkcher admitted to being the other unsure vote.

*kicks Cheesemaster*

How dare he do that!

:blush: :blush: Ooops!!!!! :blush: :blush:

I owe you an apology. You are sooooooooooooooooooo right.

It was GLOWURM and Arkcher. I remembered Arkcher, but thought the other one was you.

*kicks Glowurm another two times in addition to the three times noted in The Horatio Topic to make up for kicking Cheesemaster*

No wonder he was laughing so hard!

*kicks Cheesemaster*

How dare he do that!

:blush::blush: Ooops!!!!! :blush::blush:

I owe you an apology. You are sooooooooooooooooooo right.

It was GLOWURM and Arkcher. I remembered Arkcher, but thought the other one was you.

*kicks Glowurm another two times in addition to the three times noted in The Horatio Topic to make up for kicking Cheesemaster*

No wonder he was laughing so hard!

hooray for more kicking of the not me! =D

The pink-on-guys fad is thankfully gone, for the most part.

And why was I kicked? =O

Well. There's still guys doing that here... but only a few who generally have the status allowed to do that.

And why was I kicked? =O

Well. There's still guys doing that here... but only a few who generally have the status allowed to do that.

There is this one scene kid who always wears a hot-pink hoodie...

And why was I kicked? =O

There is this one scene kid who always wears a hot-pink hoodie...

Jack Nicklaus and all his golfing buds, wear lots and lots of pink. LOL

Where is the Jesse? =O

Today, I went down to the orthodontist, twice (which is 2 hours round trip). The first trip, I got my braces off! ^_^ The second trip I got these annoying clear containers and it really hurts. :( I have to wear it all day every day until September, and then it is only each night. I'm going to take it off when I eat though, because I think trying to eat with these things is pushing it too much (and my fangs might pierce the retainers when I bite, muahaha...)

Oh yeah, I'm part of the National Society of High School Scholars. Which is neat, although I'm not fully acquainted with what it actually is yet.

Where is the Jesse? =O

Today, I went down to the orthodontist, twice (which is 2 hours round trip). The first trip, I got my braces off! ^_^ The second trip I got these annoying clear containers and it really hurts. :( I have to wear it all day every day until September, and then it is only each night. I'm going to take it off when I eat though, because I think trying to eat with these things is pushing it too much (and my fangs might pierce the retainers when I bite, muahaha...)

Have you ever seen hamsters with retainers? LOL

Glad to know you got your braces off. You will learn to eat with your retainer in and the fangs won't present a problem. LOL

Oh yeah, I'm part of the National Society of High School Scholars. Which is neat, although I'm not fully acquainted with what it actually is yet.

Super congratulations are in order!!! I thought you had mentioned this in an earlier post, but perhaps I am just a psychic hammie. LOL

Sometimes I worry about my dad. Tonight he mentioned that he reads my rants online. That in itself isn't troubling, since whatever I say is open for the world to see. The problem is that those are the only things he reads. He doesn't read the happy stuff, the stuff wherein I have achieved something...the times that I feel good. What does he think I am? A youth whose sole desire is to rebel against his parents? I hope not. I hope that he doesn't just read entries that go "I hate being forced to do this!" :mellow:

Sometimes I worry about my dad. Tonight he mentioned that he reads my rants online. That in itself isn't troubling, since whatever I say is open for the world to see. The problem is that those are the only things he reads. He doesn't read the happy stuff, the stuff wherein I have achieved something...the times that I feel good. What does he think I am? A youth whose sole desire is to rebel against his parents? I hope not. I hope that he doesn't just read entries that go "I hate being forced to do this!" :mellow:

I am sorry that your father feels he needs to read your online words. Perhaps he really needs to see your feelings where you say "I hate being forced to do this!". Although, I am not sure it would sink in, your father needs to realize you are not a little boy, but a really cool, intelligent, guy with feelings. I will say, that in all the time I have known you, you have never written anything bad, never been out of line, never done anything you should be ashamed of. On the contrary, you have been one step above. Your posts are always well written, full of thought and exhibiting your personality and a terrific sense of humor.

It is my birthday wish for you, that your father allow you to be the phenomenal person you are and quit looking into your personal business. I am truly sorry Jesse.

What Horatio said. >.>

Perhaps you should tell your father that you do talk about more than just the contents of your rants.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, and that he just doesn't care about the other stuff....

I am sorry that your father feels he needs to read your online words. Perhaps he really needs to see your feelings where you say "I hate being forced to do this!". Although, I am not sure it would sink in, your father needs to realize you are not a little boy, but a really cool, intelligent, guy with feelings. I will say, that in all the time I have known you, you have never written anything bad, never been out of line, never done anything you should be ashamed of. On the contrary, you have been one step above. Your posts are always well written, full of thought and exhibiting your personality and a terrific sense of humor.

It is my birthday wish for you, that your father allow you to be the phenomenal person you are and quit looking into your personal business. I am truly sorry Jesse.

:blush: Thanks, often times I feel paranoid about whether I've said the right things, and your post helps clarify that. My dad acknowledges that I'm not a little boy anymore, but he thinks I act like one sometimes. I think I act like one sometimes. :P And maybe it's good to keep that little boy inside, otherwise I'm going to look back and be like, "where'd my childhood go?" And where did it go? Most of it was wasted in a bunch of dead-ends that my dad made for me. A bunch of different diving boards wherein he pushed me off instead of encouraging me to make the jump. And when you get pushed off of a diving board, soaking wet, betrayed, depressed...you never, ever want to get back on again. My dad doesn't make that connection though. He seems to think that force and encouragement are the same thing. Maybe things look different when you are a parent. I don't know. All I know is that while my dad thinks I have the "brains of a rock" due to wasted opportunities, he is the cause that those opportunities were wasted...he had to go in and make things his way.

So long, I have to go shovel now.

What Horatio said. >.>

Perhaps you should tell your father that you do talk about more than just the contents of your rants.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, and that he just doesn't care about the other stuff....

:blush: Thanks, often times I feel paranoid about whether I've said the right things, and your post helps clarify that. My dad acknowledges that I'm not a little boy anymore, but he thinks I act like one sometimes. I think I act like one sometimes. :P And maybe it's good to keep that little boy inside, otherwise I'm going to look back and be like, "where'd my childhood go?" And where did it go? Most of it was wasted in a bunch of dead-ends that my dad made for me. A bunch of different diving boards wherein he pushed me off instead of encouraging me to make the jump. And when you get pushed off of a diving board, soaking wet, betrayed, depressed...you never, ever want to get back on again. My dad doesn't make that connection though. He seems to think that force and encouragement are the same thing. Maybe things look different when you are a parent. I don't know. All I know is that while my dad thinks I have the "brains of a rock" due to wasted opportunities, he is the cause that those opportunities were wasted...he had to go in and make things his way.

So long, I have to go shovel now.

I hope your father sees this.

I kinda wish he would, it's certainly easier to type it out than to say it to his face. :unsure:

Aw...*hugs Jesse* Happy belated birthday, by the way. :)

Thank you.

Oh, and Hi Jesse's dad! ^_^:P

:lol: Haha...maybe he has an account too? I'm not sure if he even looks here though, I think he just looks at my livejournal, which would be unfortunate because it's not as fruitful of my thoughts as this topic is.

I kinda wish he would, it's certainly easier to type it out than to say it to his face. :unsure:

Thank you.

:lol: Haha...maybe he has an account too? I'm not sure if he even looks here though, I think he just looks at my livejournal, which would be unfortunate because it's not as fruitful of my thoughts as this topic is.

You could always type it out and then leave the post for him to see on your computer.

Then you definitely need to leave a page of this up on your computer.

Thank you.

lol :P You *could* send him an email.

That's kind of pretentious, my dad would be like, "why can't you just tell me this stuff?" I don't have any real excuse not to tell him other then that I don't want to.

Besides, there's no need to randomly let him know about this stuff. I can leave it behind, unless he tries to make it happen again. Then I will feel the need to bring this stuff up.

That's kind of pretentious, my dad would be like, "why can't you just tell me this stuff?" I don't have any real excuse not to tell him other then that I don't want to.

Besides, there's no need to randomly let him know about this stuff. I can leave it behind, unless he tries to make it happen again. Then I will feel the need to bring this stuff up.

I don't think I would bring it up. I get the feeling your father is not a "discussion of personal feelings" type of guy. LOL

I kind of see him more like Old Faithful when you bring up something that is not in line with his point of view. LOL

This is true. :)

I don't think I would bring it up. I get the feeling your father is not a "discussion of personal feelings" type of guy. LOL

I kind of see him more like Old Faithful when you bring up something that is not in line with his point of view. LOL

He does acknowledge what I say to him, but he breezes past the "personal feelings" and sacrifices them for practicality and opportunities and stuff like that. I'm not sure if that trade is better or worse.

He does acknowledge what I say to him, but he breezes past the "personal feelings" and sacrifices them for practicality and opportunities and stuff like that. I'm not sure if that trade is better or worse.

I would never sacrifice personal feelings for practicality and opportunities, etc. It really does not matter exactly how much money you have, if you are not happy. If you love what you are doing, have inner peace, then your life will be full. Who cares if your house is 1,500 square feet or 15,000 square feet? If you are happy, then you are living your life the way you want. If you sacrifice your personal feelings and are forever chasing the almighty dollar, then nothing will ultimately please you. How sad. I say, follow your heart.

I would never sacrifice personal feelings for practicality and opportunities, etc. It really does not matter exactly how much money you have, if you are not happy. If you love what you are doing, have inner peace, then your life will be full. Who cares if your house is 1,500 square feet or 15,000 square feet? If you are happy, then you are living your life the way you want. If you sacrifice your personal feelings and are forever chasing the almighty dollar, then nothing will ultimately please you. How sad. I say, follow your heart.

I suppose money has something to do with it, but he's mostly concerned about me expressing my talents. He said I'm "burrowing in on myself," which I'm most certainly not, as you can see in this topic. I guess that's okay to be concerned about, but I don't understand why. I play in the concert band, I ask questions in class even if they turn out to be stupid, I show you guys some of my work, I have my composed music shared on iTunes for my family to listen to as long as I have it open...and I don't even know what direction to go in yet. I know things will be different in college and there I will be more expressive, especially out from under my parents' shadow.

I suppose money has something to do with it, but he's mostly concerned about me expressing my talents. He said I'm "burrowing in on myself," which I'm most certainly not, as you can see in this topic. I guess that's okay to be concerned about, but I don't understand why. I play in the concert band, I ask questions in class even if they turn out to be stupid, I show you guys some of my work, I have my composed music shared on iTunes for my family to listen to as long as I have it open...and I don't even know what direction to go in yet. I know things will be different in college and there I will be more expressive, especially out from under my parents' shadow.

I think you are a really intelligent and focused individual. You will do well in school and I am sure when you have the ability to make your own choices without someone looking over your shoulder every minute, you will find exactly what you want and will excel at it.

I think you are a really intelligent and focused individual. You will do well in school and I am sure when you have the ability to make your own choices without someone looking over your shoulder every minute, you will find exactly what you want and will excel at it.

Agreed. And also remember that you can't do everything at once. Sometimes some talents need to take a back seat so you can focus on other ones. If you try to focus on too many things at the same time, you're going to wear yourself out, and then no one's happy. And yes, once you're in college, it will be easier to be more expressive, as long as you don't worry too much over what other people think. Some people will think you're strange, yes, but there will be some people that think you're awesome too.

Agreed. And also remember that you can't do everything at once. Sometimes some talents need to take a back seat so you can focus on other ones. If you try to focus on too many things at the same time, you're going to wear yourself out, and then no one's happy. And yes, once you're in college, it will be easier to be more expressive, as long as you don't worry too much over what other people think. Some people will think you're strange, yes, but there will be some people that think you're awesome too.

Jesusfreak has an excellent point. As you are planning on concert band, if you decide you don't like marching band, then quit. Pick the areas you like and then pursue them.

Jesusfreak has an excellent point. As you are planning on concert band, if you decide you don't like marching band, then quit. Pick the areas you like and then pursue them.

Good points from both of you, and I didn't think about it this way. Maybe that's why I've felt like a failure at times - I was expected to develop all of my talents at the same time. Now when I think about that it makes my head hurt. That means I have to make a decision...bah, I shouldn't stress about it too much. Right now, I'll focus on the clarinet, and building my TR level. And school of course. Speaking of which I should find an article to discuss in French class...oh yeah, I'll try not to worry about what other peoples think...all of us are weird when it comes down to it. *flees to do homework*

Good points from both of you, and I didn't think about it this way. Maybe that's why I've felt like a failure at times - I was expected to develop all of my talents at the same time. Now when I think about that it makes my head hurt. That means I have to make a decision...bah, I shouldn't stress about it too much. Right now, I'll focus on the clarinet, and building my TR level. And school of course. Speaking of which I should find an article to discuss in French class...oh yeah, I'll try not to worry about what other peoples think...all of us are weird when it comes down to it. *flees to do homework*

Good luck on your homework. I think you should discuss French cheeses. Wonderful subject! Just finished having some Mimolette. Tasty!

As for decisions, do not try to think too far ahead. Just make the decisions that are needed for today. French class, homework, etc. The decisions at college can wait. :)

:) You should definitely not neglect your schoolwork. :P As for your talents, there's a ratio. You can be really good at one and not so good at the others, equally good at all of them (which comes out somewhere in the medium range), or better than most people at some, and worse than most people at others. It's like assigning character points in a Sims game (or strength points in some other games that I don't know as well). For me, I'm better than most people at some things and worse than most at others. You just need to pick a ratio that works for you.

:) You should definitely not neglect your schoolwork. :P As for your talents, there's a ratio. You can be really good at one and not so good at the others, equally good at all of them (which comes out somewhere in the medium range), or better than most people at some, and worse than most people at others. It's like assigning character points in a Sims game (or strength points in some other games that I don't know as well). For me, I'm better than most people at some things and worse than most at others. You just need to pick a ratio that works for you.

That's a nice, mathematical way to look at it... :D Thank you.

I've been building an abandoned botony lab in my game level series and this is the first time I've actually done something with more natural areas, like a small forest...so I want to show y'all a picture.

Note that those metal textures shouldn't be on that center tree's underside :blush: There's also another half of the place that is sitting behind Lara, but it has been hardly worked on at all.

post-3829-1175307541_thumb.jpg

I've been building an abandoned botony lab in my game level series and this is the first time I've actually done something with more natural areas, like a small forest...so I want to show y'all a picture.

Note that those metal textures shouldn't be on that center tree's underside :blush: There's also another half of the place that is sitting behind Lara, but it has been hardly worked on at all.

Looks phenomenal.

Hahaha you're welcome :) The trees look really cool! I want to live in a tree house....*random* :rolleyes:

I like the lab, Jesse. Although, the trees are a bit... geometric. xD

Nice though, better than I could do, I'm sure.

Yeah, they are, and I kind of expected that when building with such a block-based editor. Although other editors have somehow managed to make their square trees more realistic, but they are far ahead of me in that respect.

Jesse... here is a link to a post in another topic. Please read it all. I think you will get quite a bit from it.

I feel like I got too much from it ... :lol: I can't narrow down career possibilities at all. I wish there was a way that I could combine all of the things I like doing, into one job. I'm sure college will help me with this though, especially since I am dedicating myself to math.

Jesse... here is a link to a post in another topic. Please read it all. I think you will get quite a bit from it.

I feel like I got too much from it ... :lol: I can't narrow down career possibilities at all. I wish there was a way that I could combine all of the things I like doing, into one job. I'm sure college will help me with this though, especially since I am dedicating myself to math.

When you get to college, you will sort things out. What I wanted you to get from this was, "do what YOU love". Not your parents or anyone else. As you see, Steve Jobs did not follow what his parents wanted, but found his own niche. You will do that to. There is no need to narrow down things now. This will happen gradually as you find what makes you happy. When you think about the marching band, this is something you do not want to do, so please focus more on pleasing yourself.

I like the lab, Jesse. Although, the trees are a bit... geometric. xD

Nice though, better than I could do, I'm sure.

Yeah, they are, and I kind of expected that when building with such a block-based editor. Although other editors have somehow managed to make their square trees more realistic, but they are far ahead of me in that respect.

Most people (myself included) change their majors at least once. So while it's good to pick a major early, don't be afraid to change it if you don't like it, because you'll only be torturing yourself. I started out in physics, and realized (of all the stupid things) that I didn't like the upper level math that was involved. So now I'm a bio major.

When you get to college, you will sort things out. What I wanted you to get from this was, "do what YOU love". Not your parents or anyone else. As you see, Steve Jobs did not follow what his parents wanted, but found his own niche. You will do that to. There is no need to narrow down things now. This will happen gradually as you find what makes you happy. When you think about the marching band, this is something you do not want to do, so please focus more on pleasing yourself.

Well, I might actually like college marching band, I just don't know. If it makes me unhappy I'll stop it.

Most people (myself included) change their majors at least once. So while it's good to pick a major early, don't be afraid to change it if you don't like it, because you'll only be torturing yourself. I started out in physics, and realized (of all the stupid things) that I didn't like the upper level math that was involved. So now I'm a bio major.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderful work! Might wanna get some more shapes on the shrubbery, though...

Shrubbery? In a forest?

*thinks Cheesemaster has been in the microwave too long, as his thinking is mushy*

I was attempting alliteration, perticularly pertaining to polygons, greenery and growth.

Shrubbery? In a forest?

*thinks Cheesemaster has been in the microwave too long, as his thinking is mushy*

I was attempting alliteration, perticularly pertaining to polygons, greenery and growth.

Hmmmm, P's and G's, sounds like a P & G employee. LOL

Shrubbery? In a forest?

P&G? Whazzat?

Shrubbery? In a forest?

P&G? Whazzat?

Well, I can tell you don't get to supermarkets much... :lol:

Procter and Gamble.

Shrubbery? In a forest?

P&G? Whazzat?

Well, I can tell you don't get to supermarkets much... :lol:

Procter and Gamble.

I just don't call them P & G. >.>

Nope, no P&G supermarkets in my area. I've seen an A&G one though. :unsure:

Tomorrow I'm going to an accepted students reception at college. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Nope, no P&G supermarkets in my area. I've seen an A&G one though. :unsure:

Tomorrow I'm going to an accepted students reception at college. I'm looking forward to it. :)

P & G is not a supermarket, but the multitude of Procter and Gamble products on the supermarket shelves.

As for your adventure tomorrow... yeah for Jesse!!! Have fun and let us know how it goes. :)

As for your adventure tomorrow... yeah for Jesse!!! Have fun and let us know how it goes. :)

It was neat, the president gave a great speech that convinced me that this is really my university. I also saw more faculty members that I like, except there was this one woman who is annoying, but I guess there's one of those in every institution.

It was neat, the president gave a great speech that convinced me that this is really my university. I also saw more faculty members that I like, except there was this one woman who is annoying, but I guess there's one of those in every institution.

Wonderful!!! I am thrilled to hear this.

As for the annoying woman... make sure you know her name and what classes she teaches, then...

avoid, avoid, avoid! :lol:

I venture to say there's at least a few in every institution. :P

As for the annoying woman... make sure you know her name and what classes she teaches, then...

No name, unfortunately, but I know she teaches English and Psych...and she didn't hesitate to repeat herself about how she was tenured in both. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's inevitable...especially when there are other disillusioned people involved, in this case it was the dean who hired her, and followed her presentation and was all like, "what enthusiasm! imagine having her as a teacher!" While my parents were moaning in their seats. :lol:

No name, unfortunately, but I know she teaches English and Psych...and she didn't hesitate to repeat herself about how she was tenured in both. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's inevitable...especially when there are other disillusioned people involved, in this case it was the dean who hired her, and followed her presentation and was all like, "what enthusiasm! imagine having her as a teacher!" While my parents were moaning in their seats. :lol:

xD I wonder if the president was being sarcastic.

Oh no, one of those. I know the type. Avoid at all costs.

Speaking of which, we watched the holy grail in music theory, on the grounds that the chant that the monks do is a perfect 5th interval :P Music theory is a fun class. The teacher says I'm a theorylete. :lol:

Speaking of which, we watched the holy grail in music theory, on the grounds that the chant that the monks do is a perfect 5th interval :P Music theory is a fun class. The teacher says I'm a theorylete. :lol:

I don't know what that even means but for some reason I found it funny ^_^:lol:

Yeese. What exactly is a theorylete?

Is is it an amalgamation of the words 'theory' and 'elite?'

That would make sense...I figured it as "theory" and "athlete" but who knows which one my teacher thought. :P

That would make sense...I figured it as "theory" and "athlete" but who knows which one my teacher thought. :P

Or it could be theory and elite athlete! :lol:

Or... perhaps it was theory and 1337?

*tosses Cheesemaster The Gold Star Award*

Good one! :lol:

*tosses Cheesemaster The Gold Star Award*

Good one! :lol:

w00t. *goes to edit siggy*

For my Knight who says Ni guest, I installed some actual plant objects, here's how it looks with some in the level:

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Awesome! Cloudy Aisha Ribbon for you.

I need to get some animation software so i can get around to making some icons...All my ideas are making my head blow up

So I'm going to register to vote soon. Unfortunately, when you register to vote, they also check if you've signed up for the selective service. This is a creepy thing for me because I have to basically put myself at risk of being easily drafted. My parents say they have several trump cards ready if it comes to that, and I have one of my own, but it's still a strange thing to think about. With people in congress deciding that the draft should be brought back, (nothing about immunity in college is being considered) and Bush getting closer and closer to invading Iran, it is a very possible reality. If women think they are being discriminated against, they need to think again, because they're not the ones that have to jump up and down and say "Here I am! Draft me and drag me off to Iraq/Iran for 2 years regardless of the kind of life I've made for myself!" Although yes, I do realise that women will have to be included in the draft bill for it to pass...hmph, my brother says that if a draft bill passes, the resulting riots will make the ones during Vietnam look like a spring picnic.

Just wanted to type that out. I'll try not to worry about it too much.

So I'm going to register to vote soon. Unfortunately, when you register to vote, they also check if you've signed up for the selective service. This is a creepy thing for me because I have to basically put myself at risk of being easily drafted. My parents say they have several trump cards ready if it comes to that, and I have one of my own, but it's still a strange thing to think about. With people in congress deciding that the draft should be brought back, (nothing about immunity in college is being considered) and Bush getting closer and closer to invading Iran, it is a very possible reality. If women think they are being discriminated against, they need to think again, because they're not the ones that have to jump up and down and say "Here I am! Draft me and drag me off to Iraq/Iran for 2 years regardless of the kind of life I've made for myself!" Although yes, I do realise that women will have to be included in the draft bill for it to pass...hmph, my brother says that if a draft bill passes, the resulting riots will make the ones during Vietnam look like a spring picnic.

I do not believe the draft will pass and the only thing I can say is to worry about that when the time comes. In addition, if you think the government cannot find you if you don't sign up to vote... :lol: rest assured, they will find you. So, sign up to vote and please do not worry about the draft, just concentrate on who you want to vote for.

I do not believe the draft will pass and the only thing I can say is to worry about that when the time comes. In addition, if you think the government cannot find you if you don't sign up to vote... :lol: rest assured, they will find you. So, sign up to vote and please do not worry about the draft, just concentrate on who you want to vote for.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final ut*~*

*is about to give Horatio one of my Rainbow Kougra awards, but remembers that Horatio probably has ten of all my awards now.*

*is about to give Horatio one of my Rainbow Kougra awards, but remembers that Horatio probably has ten of all my awards now.*

*would be honoured to have Mushroom_king's award*

No, I do not have all ten. I definitely do not have this one.

*hands it over*

*hands it over*

Thank you very much.

*runs off to place award in my Trophy Cabinet and then check out Mushroom_king's siggy*

You think I forgot. :lol: You cannot distract me with an award. :lol:

Unless things with Iran look really bad and there's solid evidence that they're a threat to us, I doubt they'll have a draft, because people are already upse enough about Iraq. They'll probably make the exception for college kids as usual. If all else fails, move to Canada. :rolleyes: Either way, congrats on registering to vote!