Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Mmm, spicy

So, a few hours after I woke up today (6:33 pm) I had dinner. A pizza. The toppings aren't really important to me, but I wanted to try something new, so I ordered a spicy pizza. After eating a few, and onto my fourth pizza slice (I'm a big eater, and not to mention I love spicy food :P) A slice of a Jalapenos Pepper fell on the floor. Before I could get it my Siamese cat, Nico, was all over it, and she had eaten it all up before I could stop her. I'm a bit worried, because I don't know about cat nutrition, and want to know if spicy foods like Jalapenos are okay, in small amounts at least. She hasn't shown any side effects so far, but that's because this is just a tad after dinner, and I don't think that'd be enough time for her to get sick.

Anyways, help please!

So, a few hours after I woke up today (6:33 pm) I had dinner. A pizza. The toppings aren't really important to me, but I wanted to try something new, so I ordered a spicy pizza. After eating a few, and onto my fourth pizza slice (I'm a big eater, and not to mention I love spicy food :P) A slice of a Jalapenos Pepper fell on the floor. Before I could get it my Siamese cat, Nico, was all over it, and she had eaten it all up before I could stop her. I'm a bit worried, because I don't know about cat nutrition, and want to know if spicy foods like Jalapenos are okay, in small amounts at least. She hasn't shown any side effects so far, but that's because this is just a tad after dinner, and I don't think that'd be enough time for her to get sick.

Anyways, help please!

I do not know anything about cat nutrition, but I will call my veterinarian. He will let me know. I would guess that peppers will not hurt your cat. The basis for my guess would be, if a human can eat it, hopefully it will not harm a cat. There are certain plants that are harmful to cats, but when you think about it, humans would never eat those plants. Just a guess. I will ask the Veterinarian.

Anyways, help please!

I do not know anything about cat nutrition, but I will call my veterinarian. He will let me know. I would guess that peppers will not hurt your cat. The basis for my guess would be, if a human can eat it, hopefully it will not harm a cat. There are certain plants that are harmful to cats, but when you think about it, humans would never eat those plants. Just a guess. I will ask the Veterinarian.

Hmm. I had read somewhere that some spicy foods, such as chillies (aka peppers, I called them the latter because I'm not sure how to spell chillies) can harm your pets. So yeah. I wanted to make sure.

...We haven't seen our vet in ages. We have some really healthy animals :D

Anyways, help please!

Hmm. I had read somewhere that some spicy foods, such as chillies (aka peppers, I called them the latter because I'm not sure how to spell chillies) can harm your pets. So yeah. I wanted to make sure.

Our veterinarian is a personal friend and someone I give flying lessons to, soooooooooooo we can call him anytime to ask questions. I need to wait for a bit, but I will definitely call him and ask.

By the way, I post when I am leaving the boards for a bit in my topic in HampsterDance Talk, so I will be heading out for a 20 mile bike ride in about 45 minutes. In the meantime, I will need to get ready. So, look at the View New Posts to keep up on things. :D

Anyways, help please!

Our veterinarian is a personal friend and someone I give flying lessons to, soooooooooooo we can call him anytime to ask questions. I need to wait for a bit, but I will definitely call him and ask.

By the way, I post when I am leaving the boards for a bit in my topic in HampsterDance Talk, so I will be heading out for a 20 mile bike ride in about 45 minutes. In the meantime, I will need to get ready. So, look at the View New Posts to keep up on things. :D

I'm clickin', I'm clickin'. :D:lol::D

What nice friend I have. I was eating a hamburger the other day and while I was using the little boys room, the managed to slip in 12 Jalepeneos. And in a desperate measure to cool my mouth off, I drank all the water in site, only to later remember water makes it worse. <_>

:o:blink::o:blink::o

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you do next????????????????????????

What nice friend I have. I was eating a hamburger the other day and while I was using the little boys room, the managed to slip in 12 Jalepeneos. And in a desperate measure to cool my mouth off, I drank all the water in site, only to later remember water makes it worse. <_<

I like Jalepeneos! They're tasty :D Nice and spiceh. I would've thanked him!

...Or maybe I would just be silently happy, because my mouth would be full of milk trying to cool down. Not even control of subconcious thought can change the spice of a jalepeneos.

What nice friend I have. I was eating a hamburger the other day and while I was using the little boys room, the managed to slip in 12 Jalepeneos. And in a desperate measure to cool my mouth off, I drank all the water in site, only to later remember water makes it worse. <_<

I like Jalepeneos! They're tasty :D Nice and spiceh. I would've thanked him!

...Or maybe I would just be silently happy, because my mouth would be full of milk trying to cool down. Not even control of subconcious thought can change the spice of a jalepeneos.

I do enjoy them, one at a time though.

I ate bread, and lots of it.

What nice friend I have. I was eating a hamburger the other day and while I was using the little boys room, the managed to slip in 12 Jalepeneos. And in a desperate measure to cool my mouth off, I drank all the water in site, only to later remember water makes it worse. <_>

I ate bread, and lots of it.

How long was it before the fire in your mouth was extinguished? Does the bread work fast?

Jalapenos (and tobasco and stuff like that) is POISONOUS. You just dont know it yet.

well, you might.

Humans are just like 98.5% immune to it, the very little effect they get is their eyes watering and their mouths feelin' like their on fire for a week. or however long. And if you're like me, your stomach hurts for a day or two after you eat any amount of jalapeno. -shrug- Its wierd, but oh well.

Supposing your cat is still alive, i'd say it doesnt have a long time left to live. Im just guessing, I could be wrong.

(S'like one time my sister got the cat to lick the open bottle of tobasco once. That was hilarious. The kitty didnt like it much. and is still up and around.)

Jalapenos (and tobasco and stuff like that) is POISONOUS. You just dont know it yet.

well, you might.

Humans are just like 98.5% immune to it, the very little effect they get is their eyes watering and their mouths feelin' like their on fire for a week. or however long. And if you're like me, your stomach hurts for a day or two after you eat any amount of jalapeno. -shrug- Its wierd, but oh well.

Supposing your cat is still alive, i'd say it doesnt have a long time left to live. Im just guessing, I could be wrong.

(S'like one time my sister got the cat to lick the open bottle of tobasco once. That was hilarious. The kitty didnt like it much. and is still up and around.)

I spoke with the Veterinarian. Jalapeno peppers and other peppers will not kill your cat. He might have a variety of reactions from none, to one or more of the following: gas, diarrhea or vomiting. But, do not worry, it won't kill him.

well, you might.

I spoke with the Veterinarian. Jalapeno peppers and other peppers will not kill your cat. He might have a variety of reactions from none, to one or more of the following: gas, diarrhea or vomiting. But, do not worry, it won't kill him.

Yay! Curiosity so did NOT kill the cat.

well, you might.

Good. Well, she seems to be dealing with it fine. If we find vomit around the house we blame Madeline (and not the mean kind of blame. Sort of like, ahh well it was probably maddie. Better clean it up sorta blame) because her stomach is... well... bad. She's very old for a cat. So yeah, Nico may or may not have vomited. But otherwise she's fine. Good to know, and thanks!

well, you might.

Good. Well, she seems to be dealing with it fine. If we find vomit around the house we blame Madeline (and not the mean kind of blame. Sort of like, ahh well it was probably maddie. Better clean it up sorta blame) because her stomach is... well... bad. She's very old for a cat. So yeah, Nico may or may not have vomited. But otherwise she's fine. Good to know, and thanks!

I knew a horse who loved to eat sausage and pepper sandwiches! :o

What happened, was one day, someone left their sandwich near his stall door and he smelled it, stuck his head out, grabbed the sandwich and gobbled it down. There was quite a bit of commotion as to what happened to the sandwich. A couple of days later, the same person had their sandwich in the same place, but this time happened to catch the horse grabbing the sandwich. Of course, with a set of teeth such as he had, you can imagine no one tried to take the sandwich out of his mouth. The Veterinarian was called to make sure the horse was not going to get sick, and he said not to worry. From then on, the person caring for this horse had to share the sausage and pepper sandwiches from then on.

well, you might.

What happened, was one day, someone left their sandwich near his stall door and he smelled it, stuck his head out, grabbed the sandwich and gobbled it down. There was quite a bit of commotion as to what happened to the sandwich. A couple of days later, the same person had their sandwich in the same place, but this time happened to catch the horse grabbing the sandwich. Of course, with a set of teeth such as he had, you can imagine no one tried to take the sandwich out of his mouth. The Veterinarian was called to make sure the horse was not going to get sick, and he said not to worry. From then on, the person caring for this horse had to share the sausage and pepper sandwiches from then on.

Hehehe. All of our cats like to eat pizza. Even vegetarian! They eat anything that moves, and if it doesn't move, they push it.

well, you might.

Hehehe. All of our cats like to eat pizza. Even vegetarian! They eat anything that moves, and if it doesn't move, they push it.

*watches the anchovies come to life when they see the cats*

well, you might.

*blinks then takes a photo*

Posessed anchovies!!!

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

:lol: LOL :lol:

*notice anchovie breath as the cats pass by*

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

Yummeh. *likes anchovies* :D

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

My favorite is ceasar salad with anchovies!!!!! :D

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

Beautiful. That always was my fave. Expecially with a good fried egg inside! Yummers! Then my next fave is pizza. Gotta love anchovies on pizza. And they're suprisingly good on hamburgers, too :blink:

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

Beautiful. That always was my fave. Expecially with a good fried egg inside! Yummers! Then my next fave is pizza. Gotta love anchovies on pizza. And they're suprisingly good on hamburgers, too :blink:

Yes, anchovies on pizza is tasty. I hadn't thought about hamburgers, but anchovies and your favorite type of cheese. *gets hungry* :lol:

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

Yes, anchovies on pizza is tasty. I hadn't thought about hamburgers, but anchovies and your favorite type of cheese. *gets hungry* :lol:

Anchovies+Cheese=What the clouds are made of in my version of heaven.

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

I knew I liked you! LOL

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

I knew I liked you! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anchovies + Cheese also = Ancheese.

But that's when I'm being serious. And I don't lke being serious! *goofs off*

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

I knew I liked you! LOL

And one of the main ingredients on your favorite pizza... Ancheese! :lol:

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

I knew I liked you! LOL

And one of the main ingredients on your favorite pizza... Ancheese! :lol:

Ancheverything, that's my fave pizza.

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

*gets nervous*

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

*gets nervous*

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*

I have a freind who says "I Like Cheeese..." in a stupid voice all the time. O_O

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*

well, you might.

Posessed anchovies!!!

*gets nervous*

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*

I have a freind who says "I Like Cheeese..." in a stupid voice all the time. O_O

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*

Eh-heh. *rubs back of head with hand and goes red*

...I do that all the time too. I'm pretty weird :blush:

well, you might.

That sounds like my cat Puck. He will eat anything, including crackers, Cheetos, peas, egg rolls, bread, and rice.