Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Just a couple poems...

I was encouraged to post some poems a made, so I will. :D

Now, theres just one thing I want to say beforehand. I've found people with various veiws on a haiku poem. Some people say it's 5, 7, 5 words, and some say that it's 5, 7, 5 syllables. I'm doing my haiku with 5, 7, 5 syllables. I needed to mention that so as to not get another 3 or so lectures (I have gotten a few in the past).

And I have no idea how to spell the name of that other japanese poem (Cinquain or something). I also wrote the Cinquain poem based on what I remember from last year. I think it went Topic, 2 adjectives, 3 verbs to do with the topic, a small sentance to do with the topic (e.g. 'Not very nice' could be the 4th line) then I think it goes a noun to do with the topic then the topic. If I'm wrong just tell me. The third poem is just a simple abab poem.

Alright, that's it. Poem time!

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Writing, scribbling, thinking

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

'The Poem To End All Poems'

This is the poem to end all poems.

There will be no more after this.

No more poems, not even by gnomes.

In this post, that is.

Okay, that's it. I had a hard time rhyming with poems. What can I say, I'm a bad rhymer. :P

Now, theres just one thing I want to say beforehand. I've found people with various veiws on a haiku poem. Some people say it's 5, 7, 5 words, and some say that it's 5, 7, 5 syllables. I'm doing my haiku with 5, 7, 5 syllables. I needed to mention that so as to not get another 3 or so lectures (I have gotten a few in the past).

And I have no idea how to spell the name of that other japanese poem (Cinquain or something). I also wrote the Cinquain poem based on what I remember from last year. I think it went Topic, 2 adjectives, 3 verbs to do with the topic, a small sentance to do with the topic (e.g. 'Not very nice' could be the 4th line) then I think it goes a noun to do with the topic then the topic. If I'm wrong just tell me. The third poem is just a simple abab poem.

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

Okay, that's it. I had a hard time rhyming with poems. What can I say, I'm a bad rhymer. :P

These are great!

:lol: Gnomes write poems? :lol: I think this is my favorite!

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Gnomes are some of the best poem writers!

...Don't quote me on that. I have no idea, really.

Thanks! :lol: I had great fun writing these. They were quite quick, really... But I had fun writing them anyway!

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Thanks! :lol: I had great fun writing these. They were quite quick, really... But I had fun writing them anyway!

If I wanted to write a quick poem... we would be waiting years. :lol:

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Hehe. I'm patient. I've waited a few years on some of the games I play to get something done...

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Hehe. I'm patient. I've waited a few years on some of the games I play to get something done...

You have patience. This is something I need to learn. :lol:

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

You have patience. This is something I need to learn. :lol:

Well, to learn patience you need patience.

So, in other words, without patience you're in a loop if you want to learn patience.

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

I just remembered one of your quick poems... We don't have to wait. Just look up kat's siggy...

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

Who, of course, is very pretty.

They thought she was mean,

But that was all in a dream.

-Horatio

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

I just remembered one of your quick poems... We don't have to wait. Just look up kat's siggy...

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

That took me f...o...r...e...v...e...r.............!!!

*is totally shocked at the powers of Glowurm* :o

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

I just glow ^_^.

*glows*

*looks for more horatio poems*

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

I just glow ^_^.

*glows*

I think that was about the only one. :lol:

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

I just glow ^_^.

*glows*

...I can't find much else.

But I'm not looking. :P

*gets horatio some poetry gear*

It's dual purpose, you can write stories too!

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

I just glow ^_^.

*glows*

*believe Glowrum has had too much sugar*

My English teachers would stongly disagree with you. LOL

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

These are great!

Katdacatis#1 is a kitty,

-Horatio

ROFOCLH...

I just glow ^_^.

*glows*

*believe Glowrum has had too much sugar*

My English teachers would stongly disagree with you. LOL

Yeah, they would. If they gave you poetry stuff, they'd want you to write poetry.

I'm more flexible when it comes to english.

I found another poem of yours Horatio. In kat's siggy, too. I guess I overlooked it when I posted your other poem in kat's siggy :P

Roses are red, daisies are yellow, Katdacatis#1 does the jigg in orange flavored jello. Inserted by Horatio :)

...It's still a poem :D

I found another poem of yours Horatio. In kat's siggy, too. I guess I overlooked it when I posted your other poem in kat's siggy :P

Roses are red, daisies are yellow, Katdacatis#1 does the jigg in orange flavored jello. Inserted by Horatio :)

:lol: LOL :lol:

I forgot about that one!!!!!

Here is one for you...

Roses are red,

Tulips are white,

Glowurm will beam,

Bright through the night.

Here is one for you...

Roses are red,

Tulips are white,

Glowurm will beam,

Hehe! Siggy-fied!

...Or at least it will be by the time this is posted.

Here is one for you...

Roses are red,

Tulips are white,

Glowurm will beam,

Hehe! Siggy-fied!

You are so welcome! Too bad we didn't have neon colors in our color choices. LOL

Here is one for you...

Roses are red,

Tulips are white,

Glowurm will beam,

Hehe! Siggy-fied!

You are so welcome! Too bad we didn't have neon colors in our color choices. LOL

do i get a poem? ;.;

Here is one for you...

Roses are red,

Tulips are white,

Glowurm will beam,

Hehe! Siggy-fied!

do i get a poem? ;.;

Of course, but yours will have to wait until after I study. This afternoon... I promise. If for some reason I am late, please do remind me.

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

"No more poems, not even by gnomes"

ha. cute.

poems dont have to rhyme ya know?

or even be all strict and poemy

i just write words

and people seem to love it. ha :]

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

ha. cute.

i just write words

Hehe. Yeah, poem's dont have to rhyme, but I like them to :D

It seems that rhyming poems are so much more bubbly :lol:

Although I'm sure it's possible to rhyme a sad poem.

• 3 weeks later...

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

ha. cute.

i just write words

mmhmm.

ex:

once there was a girl named jen

she lived in in a cage like a hen

they fed her with a tube

she hates me, hates you

she wishes to die alone

she always cut to the bone.

that was almost sad, and almost rhymed.

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

ha. cute.

i just write words

mmhmm.

ex:

they fed her with a tube

she hates me, hates you

she wishes to die alone

It's sad, it rhymes, and it's good! :D

'A Serious Haiku'

This is a Haiku

It is very serious

I tell you no lies

Cinquain

Long, Boring

Quite hard to do.

Poem

Cinquain

In this post, that is.

ha. cute.

i just write words

mmhmm.

ex:

they fed her with a tube

she hates me, hates you

she wishes to die alone

It's sad, it rhymes, and it's good! :D

ha. thanks. i pulled it outta my butt.