Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Your fav dog

What's your fave kinda dog? Mine is a golden retriever. And I might be getting one! :D

Welcome back Hampsterdudet!!!!!!!!!

Would you like a poll? You can give me up to 20 choices and I will make a poll for you.

My favorite is a Komondor!!!!!!!!!!!!! I :wub: love :wub: those dogs!!!!!!!!!

Golden Retriever's are wonderful dogs. How great that you might get one! Have you thought of a name?

What's your fave kinda dog? Mine is a golden retriever. And I might be getting one! :D

Would you like a poll? You can give me up to 20 choices and I will make a poll for you.

Golden Retriever's are wonderful dogs. How great that you might get one! Have you thought of a name?

Well, if I get a girl, I'm thinkingof naming her Goldie or Hally. And if I get a boy, i'm thinking of naming him Buddy, Charlie, or Zac. :)

Well, if I get a girl, I'm thinkingof naming her Goldie or Hally. And if I get a boy, i'm thinking of naming him Buddy, Charlie, or Zac. :)

I like Zac. Better get a boy. :lol:

I'm not sure, i like gentle dogs with soft fluffy hair, so i would probably like a golden retriever the ost. but tey are kinda big, so maybe a designer breed, a goldendoodle perhaps?

I'm not sure, i like gentle dogs with soft fluffy hair, so i would probably like a golden retriever the ost. but tey are kinda big, so maybe a designer breed, a goldendoodle perhaps?

*is very worried*

Goldendoodle????????????????????

:o:blink::o:blink::o

I love large dogs. German Pinscher, Doberman Pinscher, and Spinone Italiano are my favorites.

Do you like Spumoni as well? :lol:

That's what a Spinone is. They're somtimes mixed up as Spumoni, the ice cream. xD

I love large dogs. German Pinscher, Doberman Pinscher, and Spinone Italiano are my favorites.

Do you like Spumoni as well? :lol:

That's what a Spinone is. They're somtimes mixed up as Spumoni, the ice cream. xD

I was talking about the ice cream. :lol:

*is very worried*

dun worry horatio, it is just a poodle bred with a golden retriever.

post-6475-1151752677_thumb.jpg

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

:o For real?!?!? Or did you photoshop that picture? :lol:

Soon there will be no real breeds, but a bunch of Heinz 57 varieties.

It seems like no one is ever happy with the way things are, they always need to change it.

So what is next, a ChiDane?, a Pocket PeekaStiff?

I did forget to say... the dog is cute! But wait, didn't you say Golden Retrievers were kind of big? You think this doggie is small? (Just checking your perspective. LOL)

*is very worried*

It seems like no one is ever happy with the way things are, they always need to change it.

I did forget to say... the dog is cute! But wait, didn't you say Golden Retrievers were kind of big? You think this doggie is small? (Just checking your perspective. LOL)

well, smaller than an average golden retriever.

the next big hit! the poowah! (poodle/chiuaua)

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

So you didn't want a ChiDane or a Pocket PeekaStiff?

*is very worried*

what? pikachu? where?

*is very worried*

My Aunt Terri has a dog that's a mutt, but the vet said it's prolly a cross between a Pommeranian and a Rottwieler. x_x

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

My Aunt Terri has a dog that's a mutt, but the vet said it's prolly a cross between a Pommeranian and a Rottwieler. x_x

There you go.............

.............a Potweiler!

*is very worried*

Yup. And Kris has a dog that's part German Shepard, part Golden Retriever, and part Sharpe. :o

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

Yup. And Kris has a dog that's part German Shepard, part Golden Retriever, and part Sharpe. :o

That's a really tough one... GoldGermSharpever?

Not a good name... I will have to think on this one.

*is very worried*

golden Shetrievarpe?

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

golden Shetrievarpe?

Hey good one! That is a name the American Kennel Club would approve of!!!

*is very worried*

golden Shetrievarpe?

Or Golden Shepe-with-an-accent-on-the-last-e.

*is very worried*

goldendoodle.JPG

golden Shetrievarpe?

Yes!!!! Another good option!!

golden Shetrievarpe?

I like mine better. :P

We are not sure, my mom isn't that excited so I don't think its soon, be we will hopefully get her this year! And I have to find a dog breeder, I've been searching on the internet but I can't find one! But my lil brother's friend has a golden so my baby sitter said she'll find out where they got their dog. :D

We are not sure, my mom isn't that excited so I don't think its soon, be we will hopefully get her this year! And I have to find a dog breeder, I've been searching on the internet but I can't find one! But my lil brother's friend has a golden so my baby sitter said she'll find out where they got their dog. :D

I am sure you will get the right dog when your mother thinks the time is right. Also, you need to be very careful about dog breeders on the internet. The American Kennel Club is a very good source of information on reputable dog breeders.

we were fighting about it tonight! My mom was being really annoying...." But they get big!.....They shed!......My family will NEVER be able to come over! Granpa is allergic!.... Who knows?! YOU could be allergic!" I"M NOT ALLERGIC! MY GRANDPA DOESN"T LIKE DOGS ANYWAY! annoying!

golden Shetrievarpe?

I can't pronounce yours. :o

golden Shetrievarpe?

She (as in shetland pony) triev (as in re-triev-er) arpe (as in sharpei, the dog).

How was that Cheesemaster? Close?

we were fighting about it tonight! My mom was being really annoying...." But they get big!.....They shed!......My family will NEVER be able to come over! Granpa is allergic!.... Who knows?! YOU could be allergic!" I"M NOT ALLERGIC! MY GRANDPA DOESN"T LIKE DOGS ANYWAY! annoying!

Please do not fight with your mother. This will never get you anywhere. Try and communicate your thoughts and reasons why it would be a good decision for you to have a dog. Also, try and come up with solutions for the problems your mother is bringing up. You could see how to avoid problems before they happen. Maybe this will help with you and your mother.

Either a Papillion or a long haired Chiuahua. Theres this other one I can't quite think of, it on the top of my tounge. It's something like Peekaneese? Pee, Pee, Pee, Pee something.

Pekanese?

golden Shetrievarpe?

Sheh-TREE-eh(not pronounced "a")-varp

that's true. But I want a dog SO BADLY! I've been asking for a little golden retriever for MONTHS! My Dad is the nicest, this was our conversation

Me: "So..... Daddy, have you thought about getting a dog?"

Him:"not really"

Me:"I want a golden retriever badly so THINK!"

Him:"I'll think about it!"

Me:"Are you excited about getting a dog Daddy?"

Him:"Not really, it's alot of work!"

Me: "I know! And I'm willing to take responsability! Wouldn't getting a dog be fun?! I never have anything to do exept watch TV, eat, and play the computer! Owen and Jeffrey (my little bros) aren't fun! They just do stupid stuff! (they do!) Thats why I want to get a dog! And...also because their cute! :wub:

Him: Your right, i'm not THAT excited but if it makes you happy......"

YAY!

But then theirs my mom! She's the devil in this situation! (as you have heard) so I don't know what I'm gonna do next but I guess, I'm just gonna have to keep begging!

that's true. But I want a dog SO BADLY! I've been asking for a little golden retriever for MONTHS! My Dad is the nicest, this was our conversation

Me: "I know! And I'm willing to take responsability! Wouldn't getting a dog be fun?! I never have anything to do exept watch TV, eat, and play the computer! Owen and Jeffrey (my little bros) aren't fun! They just do stupid stuff! (they do!) Thats why I want to get a dog! And...also because their cute! :wub:

YAY!

But then theirs my mom! She's the devil in this situation! (as you have heard) so I don't know what I'm gonna do next but I guess, I'm just gonna have to keep begging!

Well, you could ask for a snake intead, how about a horse mommy? Iguana? *insert name of random big lizrd*? And then ask about the dog. And assure her that they stay small.

YAY!

Well, you could ask for a snake intead, how about a horse mommy? Iguana? *insert name of random big lizrd*? And then ask about the dog. And assure her that they stay small.

I like your thinking. Go big! :lol:

Here is the problem, in most cases, mothers are the ones who end up taking care of the dog. Do you have a fenced in back yard or would you have to walk him a few times a day. Do you live in a cold climate? Because if you have to walk him when you first get up, this is really hard. If you have a fenced in backyard, then it becomes a bit easier. Of course, the problem then becomes, to always make sure the gates are closed. You NEVER want to open your front door and just let the dog wander the neighborhood. This is really irresponsible and he WILL get hit by a car and either injured or killed. Then there are all the other things that come with a pet, food, supplies and veterinarian expenses.

We live in the suburbs, so we live right by the woods. And if we got a dog we would probably get the Invisible fence. And there is a lock on our front door. And my baby sitter is here most of the time and shes had a husky. so shes good with dogs. Yes, I know you have to walk your dog up and early. My dad wakes up really early for work and hes used to that so he would probably walk the dog. ?And then I could walk the dog at the end of the day, and if she needs to be walked in the afternoon, my little brother and my baby sitter could walk er.

And by the way......

SNAKES ARE CREEPY! IGUANAS ARE WFUNNY LOOKING! AND I DON"T LIKE LIZARDZ!

As you see..... I'm not a fan of reptiles. :D

We live in the suburbs, so we live right by the woods. And if we got a dog we would probably get the Invisible fence. And there is a lock on our front door. And my baby sitter is here most of the time and shes had a husky. so shes good with dogs. Yes, I know you have to walk your dog up and early. My dad wakes up really early for work and hes used to that so he would probably walk the dog. ?And then I could walk the dog at the end of the day, and if she needs to be walked in the afternoon, my little brother and my baby sitter could walk er.

And by the way......

An invisible fence is wonderful. Hopefully you can get one if you get the dog. How fantastic you live by the woods. I wish I did! May I suggest that you ask your father if he would like to walk the dog early in the morning if you don't have an invisible fence?. As you are the one who wants the dog, you might consider that you may be the one who will be responsible to walk the dog early. The thing to do is think that you might need to have most of the responsibility of the dog on your shoulders. If you can prove to your parents that you are willing to do this and understand most of what is involved, then they might agree.

Hey......how do you get pics on here?

We have a great topic in the Original Art forum, located on the very bottom on the forum page. Jesusfreak has described how do accomplish lots of things with pictures. I am no expert, so I suggest you look there. The simple way I can tell you is to write your post, then look beneath the post box and you will see File Attachments, a blank space and the a Browse... button. Click on this button. This will display all the places on your computer where you would have pics located. Select the pic you wish to add and then click on the Add This Attachment button. You will then see an Add Into Post button. I always click on this button so that when the post is quoted, the pic is included with the quoted post. Please use jpg or gif because if you use bmp, then if someone wants to see the pic, they need to download it to their computer to view it.

Hope I have helped you and not confused you.

Here is a direct link: (hope it works)

http://www.hampsterboard.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3969

it would probably work, but not on my computer, it said "this page can not be found" I pressed the refresh button but then it went to the board home page. I have really cool pics! But I guess I can't share them with you *sighs* :(

I believe I know what the problem is. When you send the pictures, the file is TOO BIG. Look at the size you are exporting the picture and then make it smaller. Then this board will take the pics. You are not the first to have this happen. I tried and tried and all it did was come up with a blank screen and I almost gave up until someone else told me how to fix the problem. You can do it. Or else, you can email me the pics and I will attach them to your post.

And by the way......

I have a Pet spider. Named Gerald.

XD

*~*Psycedelic Luau*~*

okay! How do I email them to you?

Here is my email address: pmajr@earthlink.net

I have spam blocker, but do not worry, I look everyday at the spam mail.

Is it fun to read your spam mail? xD

NO !!!!

But it is lots of fun deleting it!!! :lol:

I emailed u. then it emailed me back saying u only allowed people that u.....BLAH...BLAH.

So, now what?

I will dig it out of spam blocker and post them. It is taking me a bit longer as I have to place all the pics into my Picture Project and then into the post. For some reason they came across as really large and I am shrinking them.

I love those faces!!!!!! How adorable!!!!!!!

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENNNNT ALERRRT! Okay, sorry, not only that, but I just wanted to point out that at the tops of two of the pictures say something that should not be there.

Looking out for you Horatio. :)

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENNNNT ALERRRT! Okay, sorry, not only that, but I just wanted to point out that at the tops of two of the pictures say something that should not be there.

I think you deserve the highest award for your consideration.

I didn't notice anything. T.T now i have to be uber curious as to what it was. On a sadder note... toady, we had to have my dog put to sleep. He was having sever heart problems (it was surrounded with fluid, waas swollen, and couldn't pump well at all.) this would cause him to feint a little at times, when he was walking up or down stairs. He went peacefully, and he never suffered. :(

Nah, it's a bit of a duty for all HB members to note these things, correct? :)

Nah, it's a bit of a duty for all HB members to note these things, correct? :)

I can't thank you enough. Sometimes I miss things.

*searches for eye-glasses*

Aaahhh, perhaps these will help.

I made these micicle cookies to go along with your chicken-shakes as a treat for your sharpness.

I didn't notice anything. T.T now i have to be uber curious as to what it was. On a sadder note... toady, we had to have my dog put to sleep. He was having sever heart problems (it was surrounded with fluid, waas swollen, and couldn't pump well at all.) this would cause him to feint a little at times, when he was walking up or down stairs. He went peacefully, and he never suffered. :(

Aww. I'm sorry. Putting down pets is hard. *hug*

Aww. I'm sorry. Putting down pets is hard. *hug*

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Pets are so much like a member of the family that it is so very hard when they leave this earth. Glad to hear he did not suffer.

• 4 weeks later...
oh come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! isn't anyone gonna reply!!!!!??????!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!1

(besides YOU Horatio!)

At the moment, the board is slow, so please have some patience. There are a couple of topics where people are focusing and those are in the Stories Forum and a couple of other places. One way to follow where people are is by clicking on View New Posts in the upper right hand corner. If you post in these topics, this will help bring people to your topic. You can also post your daily happenings and this will bring more people.

that is SO sad! I'm so sorry!

My babysitter told me, that when she went to someone's house, they told her that their neighbor's dog ate their dog! They had they to put him to sleep!

Yeah, that is sad. There's not really much to say about it, though... it's just sad.

but no one was posting 4 like...a month!!!

and its not like my all the days of my life are interesting! I'm just a normal person!

Everything always slows way down in July and August. I am a very boring hamster, so to me your life probably sounds quite interesting. :D Please go to the Original Art forum and look at the Art Contest by Mushroom_king, you will see some terrific artwork. If you can, please post an entry.

• 3 weeks later...
how come everyone just stopped replying?!

They wander around and post everywhere, some topics have a tendency to sleep for a while. Your topic is just taking a little nap. Why don't you add something to your post and we will respond. :D Another reason for the lack of replies is because many people are going back to school or on holiday.

why?

and like what?

Why? When you become friends with people, you share things about yourself so you both can get to know each other. For example, you could say if you were having a bad day or a great day and what caused it to be that way. Or if you got an A on a test, or did terrible on a test. If one of your friends did something that was not nice to you and your feelings were hurt, we would give you a giant hammie bear huggle and be here for you. If you are doing something special and want to share your experience with us, then we would like to hear about what you did. If you like to do things and want to talk about it, we would like to listen. Other things could be you trying to do artwork and sharing it with us, writing poetry or stories, anything creative.

We would like to be friends. If you would like to ask us any questions to get to know us, please ask.

okay, well, I'm 9, i like to sing and act, i love dogs, I LOVE ZAC EFRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my future husbend!)...yep

Kris is into drama. :D Next time she wanders around you should say hi.

okay, well, I'm 9, i like to sing and act, i love dogs, I LOVE ZAC EFRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my future husbend!)...yep

Does Kris want to become an actress or does she just love to go to plays.

Be an actress.

Be an actress.

Maybe we should all get her autograph now so that it will be worth lots of money when she is famous!!! :D

whos Kris?....and I'm going to be an actress AND a singer(and play some guitar)

Krisluvsdogs. She comes around sometimes.

oh

It is always wonderful to see her posts!!! :D

um...okay

• 3 weeks later...

oh

um...okay

Krisluvsdogs is very cool, but does not have too much internet access. So we only see her very sporadically.

oh

um...okay

Krisluvsdogs is very cool, but does not have too much internet access. So we only see her very sporadically.

oh..thats too bad, do her parents not let her or does her computer not let her?

oh

um...okay

I am not totally sure. I believe her parents allow her on for a bit, but you have to ask - Kat -, I think she knows.

oh

um...okay

I am not totally sure. I believe her parents allow her on for a bit, but you have to ask - Kat -, I think she knows.

are they good friends or something?

oh

um...okay

are they good friends or something?

Yes... see the post above.

Her internet works now, but what with homework, chores, and watching her little brother, she can't get on much.

ohhhhh! okay! do you go know eachother in real life? ya know...besides the computer?

I think they are friends in real life, before HampsterDance.

coolio

Very!

Her internet works now, but what with homework, chores, and watching her little brother, she can't get on much.

ohhhhh! okay! do you go know eachother in real life? ya know...besides the computer?

Yesh. :D We're god-cousins.

That's cool!

That's cool!

Yup yup. That's why we spend Fest weekends at her house. XD

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

coolio! (you ment to write yes right?)

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

If you were talking to me, very was in response to coolio. So you would read it... very coolio!

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

Eh. Sometimes in real life I say "yesh".

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

If you were talking to me, very was in response to coolio. So you would read it... very coolio!

I was taliking to -Kat-. She said Yesh instead of Yes.....and coolio is "my line"

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

I was taliking to -Kat-. She said Yesh instead of Yes.....and coolio is "my line"

I have a habit of butting everywhere. :lol:

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

why?

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

hahaha! me too!

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

why?

coolio

Very!

yep! (thats "my word"!)

hahaha! me too!

I'm glad. This way you will be posting everywhere!!! :D