Hampsterdance Discussion Board

tatoo

xMyOwnMindx

If anyone is thinking about getting a tattoo anytime soon, whether it's getting it legally or not, here's a few suggestions ...

Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good. Getting a good price on a tattoo should be the last thing you think about. It is going to be on your body forever ... so make sure you research the artist.

"The artist wearing gloves isn't all that constitutes a clean tattoo experience. Your artist should exercise Universal Precautions by OSHA. This means barrier protection over every object or surface that could come in contact with either their hands or the tattoo. Everything should be disposable. They should have bags over their wash bottles, machines, clip cords, and plastic over the work surface in the immediate tattooing area. Needles and ink should be disposable as well. Tubes should be sterilized in a medical-grade autoclave."

That's all for now. :D

Sounds like you have researched this a bit. :lol:

A few other things to consider: 1) Will you really still want it when you are older. Tattoo removal is very expensive, very painful, and not always 100% effective. 2) Your religion may not allow tattoos. This may effect where you can get married or where you can be buried. It may not seem like something that is important now, but you never know how you might feel when you are older or have kids. I have several friends who suddenly found religion when they had kids. It does happen. 3) As stated above, make sure any place you go for tattoos or piercings are SAFE. All states do not have the same rules for tattoo and piercing establishments. People have gotten infections and even died from tattoos and piercings done without the proper precautions being taken. 4) Although it is not "life threatening", some of the inks used in tattoos contain large amounts of metal (iron oxide I believe). It is possible for the tattoo to heat up or cause skin irritation if you have an MRI. The high powered magnets excite the metal in the tattoo. Again, not a huge issue, but it is something you should be aware of. 5) Never get a tattoo or piercing without really thinking about it first. This might seem obvious, but I know a few people who got tattoos while drunk or to be "accepted" by their "friends". They all regretted it afterwards. It's too serious a decision to be made on a whim.

I will get off my soapbox now.

If anyone is thinking about getting a tattoo anytime soon, whether it's getting it legally or not, here's a few suggestions ...

Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoos aren't good. Getting a good price on a tattoo should be the last thing you think about. It is going to be on your body forever ... so make sure you research the artist.

"The artist wearing gloves isn't all that constitutes a clean tattoo experience. Your artist should exercise Universal Precautions by OSHA. This means barrier protection over every object or surface that could come in contact with either their hands or the tattoo. Everything should be disposable. They should have bags over their wash bottles, machines, clip cords, and plastic over the work surface in the immediate tattooing area. Needles and ink should be disposable as well. Tubes should be sterilized in a medical-grade autoclave."

A few other things to consider: 1) Will you really still want it when you are older. Tattoo removal is very expensive, very painful, and not always 100% effective. 2) Your religion may not allow tattoos. This may effect where you can get married or where you can be buried. It may not seem like something that is important now, but you never know how you might feel when you are older or have kids. I have several friends who suddenly found religion when they had kids. It does happen. 3) As stated above, make sure any place you go for tattoos or piercings are SAFE. All states do not have the same rules for tattoo and piercing establishments. People have gotten infections and even died from tattoos and piercings done without the proper precautions being taken. 4) Although it is not "life threatening", some of the inks used in tattoos contain large amounts of metal (iron oxide I believe). It is possible for the tattoo to heat up or cause skin irritation if you have an MRI. The high powered magnets excite the metal in the tattoo. Again, not a huge issue, but it is something you should be aware of. 5) Never get a tattoo or piercing without really thinking about it first. This might seem obvious, but I know a few people who got tattoos while drunk or to be "accepted" by their "friends". They all regretted it afterwards. It's too serious a decision to be made on a whim.

Very well said. :) Another quick tidbit: if/when your friends have tatoos, ask them where they got them. If your friends' tatoos came out really well, go where they went. If they didn't, don't go there.

Very well said. :) Another quick tidbit: if/when your friends have tatoos, ask them where they got them. If your friends' tatoos came out really well, go where they went. If they didn't, don't go there.

Hamsters don't get tattoos... we like our fur too much. :lol:

*fasts forward to when all these tattooed people are in their 70's, 80's and 90's, with flabby skin hanging down*

My... look at those tattoos now! :lol:

*fasts forward to when all these tattooed people are in their 70's, 80's and 90's, with flabby skin hanging down*

*tries to erase image from mind* BLECK!

you know how I feel about stereotypes, Horatio

If you can show me any old people with tight skin, I will give Joey Ramone a cookie. :lol:

If you can show me any old people with tight skin, I will give Joey Ramone a cookie. :lol:

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final cut*~*

I'm sure that meant you'd get Joey Ramone to marry me, Horatio.

Anyway,

post-6896-1186616701_thumb.jpg

Oh, and...

post-6896-1186616787_thumb.jpg

Yea, I know. the last one is BB King. I'm horrible.

*~*The Psyxchedelic Luau*~*TheAstronomy Domine*(~*

Anyway,

Oh, and...

I wouldn't consider that tight skin... But, hey, if it gets some random guy a cookie, I won't argue.

Oh, and my view on the tattoo debate (yeah, inspired by RvB):

Think about how you were ten years ago. Did you like the things you like now? Were you as smart as you are now? No. No way. Would you like a permanent drawing from that younger, dumber you permanently on your skin? (It'd probably be a dinosaur or something. Like... a Barbie.)

Like that, you ten years in the future would probably hate the tattoo you chose now. Unless it's Optimus Prime. That guy will ALWAYS be cool.

Anyway,

Oh, and...

I wouldn't consider that tight skin... But, hey, if it gets some random guy a cookie, I won't argue.

Think about how you were ten years ago. Did you like the things you like now? Were you as smart as you are now? No. No way. Would you like a permanent drawing from that younger, dumber you permanently on your skin? (It'd probably be a dinosaur or something. Like... a Barbie.)

Like that, you ten years in the future would probably hate the tattoo you chose now. Unless it's Optimus Prime. That guy will ALWAYS be cool.

The earthbound Gang, Strong_sad, and Pink Floyd are ALWAYS cool Goshdangit.

If you did Random Quote still, that would so be today's quote. Since I'm like the only user who was never quoted. XD

Aw, man. Now I'm gonna have flashbacks to all those good times and cry. Its all your fault really.

*~8The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Anyway,

Oh, and...

If you did Random Quote still, that would so be today's quote. Since I'm like the only user who was never quoted. XD

Aw, man. Now I'm gonna have flashbacks to all those good times and cry. Its all your fault really.

Well, I can semi-agree with teh SS (I prefer H* more, really), but they're all not in the sane league as PRIME! Seriously, if I had only one wish I would ask for a semi that turned into Optimus... So. Awesome.

Ah, yeah, random quotage. How long ago was that? I can barely remember...

And also, thanks for reminding me to update my siggy.

Anyway,

30b05f8c062e4f655f27b19576b0035b9084667.gif

Oh, and...

200px_B._B._King.jpg

Well, I can semi-agree with teh SS (I prefer H* more, really), but they're all not in the sane league as PRIME! Seriously, if I had only one wish I would ask for a semi that turned into Optimus... So. Awesome.

We also have lots of new avatars in the base gallery. Take a look. You might find one you like! :)

Anyway,

Oh, and...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I like SS, The Cheat, Coach Z and Homestar the best. They need more girl characters.

But Optimus isn't in the same league as CHUCK NORRIS

oh what now

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Anyway,

Oh, and...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

I like SS, The Cheat, Coach Z and Homestar the best. They need more girl characters.

But Optimus isn't in the same league as CHUCK NORRIS

oh what now

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

Eh, I don't especially like girls in general. Coach Z is like... my idol. I also like SB, Senor Cardgage, and Gunhaver.

Well... Maybe they are in the same league. I would kill to see a fight between them...

Seriously, if you can hook that up and you have someone you need off'd...