Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Cap and Gown ideas

Jesusfreak

Okay, so I have a problem. The stupid people in my class voted for teal and white as our cap and gown colors. Us girls have to wear white. There's two problems: 1. I'm white (fairly pale too) and when I wear that gown I'm going to look like the ghost of graduations past. 2. The things are practically see through, and I don't have white dress to wear under it.

So I want to decorate it so it's not all white. my first idea was to have my friends all sign it all over with sharpies, but my mom says no because she thinks it's too tacky (but blue hair was okay :huh: ) My second idea was to print out some of my favorite pictures on iron on transfer sheets and iron them on, and she didn't give any answer other than "I'll talk to your father about it." <_< So I need some nice idea to make my cap and gown not completely white. One restriction: it has to be easy and not take too long, because I heard we only get our cap and gowns the day of graduation at rehearsal.

So...any ideas? :rolleyes:

Okay, so I have a problem. The stupid people in my class voted for teal and white as our cap and gown colors. Us girls have to wear white. There's two problems: 1. I'm white (fairly pale too) and when I wear that gown I'm going to look like the ghost of graduations past. 2. The things are practically see through, and I don't have white dress to wear under it.

So I want to decorate it so it's not all white. my first idea was to have my friends all sign it all over with sharpies, but my mom says no because she thinks it's too tacky (but blue hair was okay :huh: ) My second idea was to print out some of my favorite pictures on iron on transfer sheets and iron them on, and she didn't give any answer other than "I'll talk to your father about it." <_< So I need some nice idea to make my cap and gown not completely white. One restriction: it has to be easy and not take too long, because I heard we only get our cap and gowns the day of graduation at rehearsal.

Use sharpies to COLOR it. :lol:

So I want to decorate it so it's not all white. my first idea was to have my friends all sign it all over with sharpies, but my mom says no because she thinks it's too tacky (but blue hair was okay :huh: ) My second idea was to print out some of my favorite pictures on iron on transfer sheets and iron them on, and she didn't give any answer other than "I'll talk to your father about it." <_ so i need some nice idea to make my cap and gown not completely white. one restriction: it has be easy take too long because heard we only get our gowns the day of graduation at rehearsal.>

Use sharpies to COLOR it. :lol:

That was my thinking exactly!

I really like the sharpie idea!

Another idea, your parents could buy you a garland of roses to hang around your neck like the Kentucky Derby winner. This would be a lot of color! :lol:

Nah, my parents insist that most of it stay the same color it already is. My current (parent approved) idea is to iron on small pictures on the pleats in the front. That way most if it is still white, but at least the main body of it has some color to break it up. Now I need to find what pictures to use...

Nah, my parents insist that most of it stay the same color it already is. My current (parent approved) idea is to iron on small pictures on the pleats in the front. That way most if it is still white, but at least the main body of it has some color to break it up. Now I need to find what pictures to use...

Well, couldn't you do the sharpie signatures in the pleats? This way the majority of the gown is still white.

Well, couldn't you do the sharpie signatures in the pleats? This way the majority of the gown is still white.

Not sure, mom said I could sharpie around the hems, but didn't say about the pleats. It would be easier to do the pictures anyways, because they don't usually give us the cap and gowns until the day of graduation at rehearsal.

Not sure, mom said I could sharpie around the hems, but didn't say about the pleats. It would be easier to do the pictures anyways, because they don't usually give us the cap and gowns until the day of graduation at rehearsal.

Heat up that iron and get your pictures ready! :lol:

lol I copied a bunch of my favorite pictures over to a new folder just for that pupose yesterday. Now I need to get the measurements of my cap and gown to see how much space i have, and then see how much space the pictures take up. o.O

lol I copied a bunch of my favorite pictures over to a new folder just for that pupose yesterday. Now I need to get the measurements of my cap and gown to see how much space i have, and then see how much space the pictures take up. o.O

The real reason your parents did not like the sharpie idea was because, how many people do you know who can color between the pleat lines? LOL

The real reason your parents did not like the sharpie idea was because, how many people do you know who can color between the pleat lines? LOL

lol :P Who knows...