Hampsterdance Discussion Board

How to add photos, tips, and questions answered

Jesusfreak

How to add photos:

1. Click "browse." A window should show up. Find the picture you want, and double click it.

2.Then click "add this attachment" a file name and it's size should appear near the browse button. (if you get a "This page can not be displayed" message, then your picture is too big; try cropping or resizing it.)

3. You can post it as it is, or you can click the "add to post" button next to your file. This should put something like "attachment 1234" inside of brackets. you can move that around just like a smiley.

Here's some tips on taking pictures:

1. It's easier to brighten a picture than to darken it. Try not to use flash if you don't have to, especially if you are close to what you're taking a picture of. When you brighten a picture, also try adjusting the contrast to make it less washed out.

2. Use the action/moving objects/speed setting on your camera if it has one (mine looks like a little guy running). This will make your pictures less blurry. If you don't have one of these settings, use flash (but don't stand too close to your subject).

3. Don't like the way you look in pictures? Edit your pictures (or use the settings on your camera) to make your picture black and white or sepia (brown and white). It makes a huge difference!

4. Does your smile always look fake? Think if something funny and laugh.

5. When you use flash, it lights up everything near your camera, including rain, snow, confetti, string, or other stuff that you might not notice or think of. So instead of picture of your friend in the rain, you'll get a bunch of shiney dots. The picture of the snowy tree in my photo album was taken with flash.

6. My favorite photo editing software: Picasa (you can get it free from Google, great for foolproof editing) and paint shop pro (not free).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! :)

How to add photos:

1. Click "browse." A window should show up. Find the picture you want, and double click it.

2.Then click "add this attachment" a file name and it's size should appear near the browse button. (if you get a "This page can not be displayed" message, then your picture is too big; try cropping or resizing it.)

3. You can post it as it is, or you can click the "add to post" button next to your file. This should put something like "attachment 1234" inside of brackets. you can move that around just like a smiley.

1. It's easier to brighten a picture than to darken it. Try not to use flash if you don't have to, especially if you are close to what you're taking a picture of. When you brighten a picture, also try adjusting the contrast to make it less washed out.

2. Use the action/moving objects/speed setting on your camera if it has one (mine looks like a little guy running). This will make your pictures less blurry. If you don't have one of these settings, use flash (but don't stand too close to your subject).

3. Don't like the way you look in pictures? Edit your pictures (or use the settings on your camera) to make your picture black and white or sepia (brown and white). It makes a huge difference!

5. When you use flash, it lights up everything near your camera, including rain, snow, confetti, string, or other stuff that you might not notice or think of. So instead of picture of your friend in the rain, you'll get a bunch of shiney dots. The picture of the snowy tree in my photo album was taken with flash.

6. My favorite photo editing software: Picasa (you can get it free from Google, great for foolproof editing) and paint shop pro (not free).

You deserve The Red Rose Award for this info! I just learned a bunch of things I didn't know! Thanks!!!

I also baked some wonderful cookies for you as an additional thank you!

How to add photos:

You deserve The Red Rose Award for this info! I just learned a bunch of things I didn't know! Thanks!!!

Aw, thanks! ^_^:blush:

How to add photos:

Aw, thanks! ^_^:blush:

You are very welcome. Now I am off the computer to test out some of the tips you just told me about. :lol:

Okay, here are some examples of the picture stuff I was talking about:

Color post-1041-1147814503_thumb.jpg VS. Black and white post-1041-1147814491_thumb.jpg or sepia post-1041-1147814519_thumb.jpg

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) post-1041-1147814531_thumb.jpg

Using flash on close up objects post-1041-1147814543_thumb.jpgpost-1041-1147814553_thumb.jpgpost-1041-1147814565_thumb.jpg

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) post-1041-1147814676_thumb.jpg VS. No flash post-1041-1147814579_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps solve some problems. :)

Color color.jpg VS. Black and white black_and_white.jpg or sepia sepia.jpg

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) hanging_cord.jpg

Using flash on close up objects hand.jpgIMG_5126.jpgtoo_close_flash.jpg

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) with_flash_2.jpg VS. No flash no_flash.jpg

*is very, very excited*

I don't read manuals. I am a try it, have major problems (which could have been avoided by reading the manual), then try and fix whatever I messed up! :lol:

There pics are perfect. I am off again to try these things. Be back.

Color post-1041-1147814503_thumb.jpg VS. Black and white post-1041-1147814491_thumb.jpg or sepia post-1041-1147814519_thumb.jpg

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) post-1041-1147814531_thumb.jpg

Using flash on close up objects post-1041-1147814543_thumb.jpgpost-1041-1147814553_thumb.jpgpost-1041-1147814565_thumb.jpg

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) post-1041-1147814676_thumb.jpg VS. No flash post-1041-1147814579_thumb.jpg

*is very, very excited*

I don't read manuals. I am a try it, have major problems (which could have been avoided by reading the manual), then try and fix whatever I messed up! :lol:

lol I find that it's much easier to teach people how to do things when they can see it. That's why we do science labs. Maybe later i'll find some more messed up pictures. :rolleyes:

Stuff getting in the way of your picture (an electrical cord here) hanging_cord.jpg

Using flash on moving objects (or while you're moving, I was spinning in circles as I took these) with_flash_2.jpg VS. No flash no_flash.jpg

*is very, very excited*

lol I find that it's much easier to teach people how to do things when they can see it. That's why we do science labs. Maybe later i'll find some more messed up pictures. :rolleyes:

Messed up pics... I can supply you with lots and lots of those! :lol: LOL :lol:

*is very, very excited*

:lol: If you post them, I might be able to tell you what's wrong with them. :P

*is very, very excited*

:lol: If you post them, I might be able to tell you what's wrong with them. :P

I will have to take more. As soon as I see the bad pic... it is deleted in the camera or if it makes it to the computer, it is placed into the trash. :lol: Have no fear, I will take plenty more!

Also try macro mode. It's really cool. Usually it is represented by a flower. On some cameras, usually the SLR styled, or pro-series, like mine, have a little lock on the lense. It's for getting up close to take a picture. I'll post a few:

I seem not to have uploaded my photo shoot from today or Saturday. All I have are stupid weeds. But, they get the point across.

post-6007-1147914574_thumb.jpg

Also try macro mode. It's really cool. Usually it is represented by a flower. On some cameras, usually the SLR styled, or pro-series, like mine, have a little lock on the lense. It's for getting up close to take a picture. I'll post a few:

I seem not to have uploaded my photo shoot from today or Saturday. All I have are stupid weeds. But, they get the point across.

I love the violet! Get those weed pics up here now!!!!!!!

Violet? I thought it was a weed. :rolleyes:

Not a weed at all! Violets are wildflowers quite often found in the woods. Violets come in three colors that I know of, purple, yellow and white. They make wonderful cheery plants for a shade garden that is under oaks.

Very pretty! ^_^ I don't consider violets to be weeds. Not only are they pretty, but every part of the violet plant is edible. The leaves taste sort of like the dark green lettuce you find in most salads. :)

Not a weed at all! Violets are wildflowers quite often found in the woods. Violets come in three colors that I know of, purple, yellow and white. They make wonderful cheery plants for a shade garden that is under oaks.

They grow along the ground in the grass? I thought they grew on bushes.

Very pretty! ^_^ I don't consider violets to be weeds. Not only are they pretty, but every part of the violet plant is edible. The leaves taste sort of like the dark green lettuce you find in most salads. :)

I didn't know that. I know that pansy flowers are very tasty and make beautiful salads! :D

I didn't know that. I know that pansy flowers are very tasty and make beautiful salads! :D

I'm pretty sure that pansies and violets are closely related. They look pretty similar, but pansies have much brighter colors. :) And yes, they grow in the grass.

I'm pretty sure that pansies and violets are closely related. They look pretty similar, but pansies have much brighter colors. :) And yes, they grow in the grass.

And are great in salads! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Random tip: If you're trying to take really nice pics of people without wasting money on a photographer, use a solid-colored shower curtain or sheet as a backdrop. For best results, use on the same color as your eyes (clothes also look best the same color as your eyes).

Don't have someone to take your picture? Try using the self-timer. It works better than having half your arm in all your pictures. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New tips: Digital cameras use up batteries pretty quickly, and batteries are expensive. Solution: go to Wal-mart, and buy rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's well worth it. Also, always keep a charged set of batteries on hand for when your batteries die. It's no fun having your camera turn itself off when you're about to take a picture.

New tips: Digital cameras use up batteries pretty quickly, and batteries are expensive. Solution: go to Wal-mart, and buy rechargeable batteries and a charger. It's well worth it. Also, always keep a charged set of batteries on hand for when your batteries die. It's no fun having your camera turn itself off when you're about to take a picture.

Such great advice!!!

*gives Jesusfreak The Red Rose Award*

Such great advice!!!

lol thanks. :)

Such great advice!!!

lol thanks. :)

And I should have listened. I have a rechargeable battery and a back-up battery that is usually charged, but you have to remember where that back-up battery is. :wacko: I wanted to take a couple pictures of my hammie friends and *listen to Jesusfreak* popped into my head as my camera said... battery zero. :wacko:

• 1 year later...

After seeing Hiro's topic, I suppose it might be good to throw in the rules about posting pictures here on HD:

If you're under 18, your face can't be in the picture.

Likewise, other people who are under 18 can't have their faces shown in their picture.

Hamsters and other animals are excluded from the above.

You little bother/sister/cousin/other human doesn't count as an animal.

Keep it G-rated (no nudity, excessive violence, etc. Use your better judgment)

Don't claim other peoples' work as your own (this applies everywhere in real life too)

Did I miss anything?

After seeing Hiro's topic, I suppose it might be good to throw in the rules about posting pictures here on HD:

Likewise, other people who are under 18 can't have their faces shown in their picture.

Don't claim other peoples' work as your own (this applies everywhere in real life too)

Did I miss anything?

No, in fact you did perfect!

*hands Jesusfreak some freshly baked cookiefins*

Did I miss anything?

yay! ^_^ *eats cookies*

Did I miss anything?

yay! ^_^ *eats cookies*

Those are cookiefins you are eating. Cookies that are like muffins! :lol:

Did I miss anything?

yay! ^_^ *eats cookies*

ooh...even better! ^_^

Did I miss anything?

yay! ^_^ *eats cookies*

ooh...even better! ^_^

LOL... I thought you would like that.

• 1 year later...