Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Jesusfreak's Pictures

Jesusfreak

I always had guy friends, but it wasn't until college that any of them said *anything* about my being attractive. Even now it's fairly uncommon (outside of comments from Phil, but he's an exception :rolleyes: )

(I hate those really long quote lists!)

I went to an all-girls' school so attention from guys has been severely lacking. I've only been in mixed-sex education for one year of my actual school career and I was 3 years old. :wacko: SO university is a real step-up. Yet absolutely no guys talk to me AT ALL so I'm not at all feel optomistic right now.

(Haha remember the pyramid game from the old boards?)

I could never survive an all-girls school, no way. Living on an all-girls floor is bad enough. :rolleyes: Also, the guys might be waiting for you to talk to them. Most guys I know are terrified to go talk to a girl they don't know without being introduced.

(That game was so annoying! You had to scroll for half an hour down every page!)

There was no choice in my area: all the good schools (mainly priavte schools in this case) were single-sex and all the mixed-sex schools were state (public) schools. It wasn't bad because then you buckle down and get work done instead of dealing with romantic agendas. Yeeaaah, I'm not the spontaneous conversation type. I prefer the booked conversation type!

Ah, I see. Most people here in the US can't afford private schools, and a lot of places have decent public schools. And maybe it's just me, but I didn't have much problem with romantic interests getting in the way of school, but then again my romantic interests usually weren't in my classes (and often not in my school for that matter). And spontaneous conversation just takes practice lol.

I was lucky, I guess, to get to go to a good school. I've never been the confident type. Most of the friends I had when I was 12-15 were online because I just couldn't talk to people and I STILL can't talk to people.

But I'm gonna stop talking about all this because something really horrid happened this evening and it's making me really depressed. :closedeyes: I just need to work on my self-esteem a little more.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always had guy friends, but it wasn't until college that any of them said *anything* about my being attractive. Even now it's fairly uncommon (outside of comments from Phil, but he's an exception :rolleyes: )

(I hate those really long quote lists!)

I went to an all-girls' school so attention from guys has been severely lacking. I've only been in mixed-sex education for one year of my actual school career and I was 3 years old. :wacko: SO university is a real step-up. Yet absolutely no guys talk to me AT ALL so I'm not at all feel optomistic right now.

(Haha remember the pyramid game from the old boards?)

I could never survive an all-girls school, no way. Living on an all-girls floor is bad enough. :rolleyes: Also, the guys might be waiting for you to talk to them. Most guys I know are terrified to go talk to a girl they don't know without being introduced.

(That game was so annoying! You had to scroll for half an hour down every page!)

There was no choice in my area: all the good schools (mainly priavte schools in this case) were single-sex and all the mixed-sex schools were state (public) schools. It wasn't bad because then you buckle down and get work done instead of dealing with romantic agendas. Yeeaaah, I'm not the spontaneous conversation type. I prefer the booked conversation type!

Ah, I see. Most people here in the US can't afford private schools, and a lot of places have decent public schools. And maybe it's just me, but I didn't have much problem with romantic interests getting in the way of school, but then again my romantic interests usually weren't in my classes (and often not in my school for that matter). And spontaneous conversation just takes practice lol.

I was lucky, I guess, to get to go to a good school. I've never been the confident type. Most of the friends I had when I was 12-15 were online because I just couldn't talk to people and I STILL can't talk to people.

But I'm gonna stop talking about all this because something really horrid happened this evening and it's making me really depressed. :closedeyes: I just need to work on my self-esteem a little more.

Aw....*hugs* Well, I'm always here if you need to talk.

Let's get this back on topic, namely: JF's piccies! SOme of them are really wonderful but we want to see more. :)

Let's get this back on topic, namely: JF's piccies! SOme of them are really wonderful but we want to see more. :)

lolz. :D Pictures take a long time to put up here. What do you all want me to post pictures of?

They do? You mean, the speed of uploading? For me it's almost isntant but I suppose that's just my internet connection. And now I can spy on you as much as I like. :P But I especially like your strange videos.

lolz. :D Pictures take a long time to put up here. What do you all want me to post pictures of?

They do? You mean, the speed of uploading? For me it's almost isntant but I suppose that's just my internet connection. And now I can spy on you as much as I like. :P But I especially like your strange videos.

for me it's not upload time, it's a matter of finding the picture, copying it, shrinking it, and then remembering which one it is to upload it. *grumbles about file size limits* lol videos. Those are mostly really old videos from high school. :lol:

for me it's not upload time, it's a matter of finding the picture, copying it, shrinking it, and then remembering which one it is to upload it. *grumbles about file size limits* lol videos. Those are mostly really old videos from high school. :lol:

Did you notice the larger file size? I asked HamspterKing to increase the size permitted and hopefully we will get some videos here.

Did you notice the larger file size? I asked HamspterKing to increase the size permitted and hopefully we will get some videos here.

I haven't been paying attention. Let's see if I can upload a non-shrunk picture. :lol: Hm....seems to have worked. ^_^

post-1041-1226531904_thumb.jpg

JF, there's one photo where someone runs down a corridor shouting "The British are coming, the British are coming". Looks like you're having a good (albeit fearful of the British) life. :lol:

JF, there's one photo where someone runs down a corridor shouting "The British are coming, the British are coming". Looks like you're having a good (albeit fearful of the British) life. :lol:

Oh that video! We were playing truth or dare. Lara asked for a dare. My roomie had the brilliant idea that Lara had to run the entire length of the hall and back shouting "The British are coming!!!!" the whole time. :lol: Also in that session Dave was told to confess his (actually nonexistant) love for Dylan (who was sitting at the front desk with his girlfriend). I doubt that video is small enough to be uploaded here though, it's like 10 minutes long, and I don't remember how the language was through all of that..... :rolleyes:

Oh that video! We were playing truth or dare. Lara asked for a dare. My roomie had the brilliant idea that Lara had to run the entire length of the hall and back shouting "The British are coming!!!!" the whole time. :lol: Also in that session Dave was told to confess his (actually nonexistant) love for Dylan (who was sitting at the front desk with his girlfriend). I doubt that video is small enough to be uploaded here though, it's like 10 minutes long, and I don't remember how the language was through all of that..... :rolleyes:

I watched some clips to see if I could pin you out. I love all the underwater bits. And the soundtrack was fun as well. :D

I haven't been paying attention. Let's see if I can upload a non-shrunk picture. :lol: Hm....seems to have worked. ^_^

My favorite picture is the one of you and Phil!!!! What a gorgeous couple!

You are becoming more beautiful day by day!!!!!

Phil in action on the ballroom floor! Very nice! Is that your sister with him?

I love that picture of me and phil, it's my profile picture at the moment. ^_^ And yes, that is my sister with Phil. I was quite proud of that picture lol. Dancers are so hard to photograph! Especially in competition when other people are always in the way.

I love that picture of me and phil, it's my profile picture at the moment. ^_^ And yes, that is my sister with Phil. I was quite proud of that picture lol. Dancers are so hard to photograph! Especially in competition when other people are always in the way.

You took a really fantastic action picture!

• 4 weeks later...

I never mentioend that I saw the photos of you when you were little on Jesse's board. They are SO cute! ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So, today dad called me out to help him get the pool cover out of the pool (the trick was doing it without dumping all the slime into the pool), and we found this cute little tree frog. I set it down on a log, and finished what I was doing. I went back to the log, and it was still there, so I picked it up. It didn't mind sitting there in my hand at all, so I got some great pictures of it. Here are a few of the best:

post-1041-1243809790_thumb.jpg

post-1041-1243809797_thumb.jpg

post-1041-1243809805_thumb.jpg

post-1041-1243809812_thumb.jpg

post-1041-1243809817_thumb.jpg

So, today dad called me out to help him get the pool cover out of the pool (the trick was doing it without dumping all the slime into the pool), and we found this cute little tree frog. I set it down on a log, and finished what I was doing. I went back to the log, and it was still there, so I picked it up. It didn't mind sitting there in my hand at all, so I got some great pictures of it. Here are a few of the best:

I :wub::wub: LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :wub::wub: those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

It is almost like the frog is posing for you!!!

How phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I :wub::wub: LLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :wub::wub: those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

lol thanks! ^_^ It really did seem like the frog was posing for me; it was so tame.

lol thanks! ^_^ It really did seem like the frog was posing for me; it was so tame.

I'm really happy you posted them, I have shown a number of people your photography.

These are a couple of my favourites.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love those pictures!!!!!! I tried to watch your graduation on cable, but we were overwhelmed with local graduations. :(

Thank you for posting the pictures of you and Shane. I especially like the one where he has picked you up! :D

• 2 months later...

For the auto-scaling to screen size feature, this would be too easy. :lol: I often forget to re-size the pictures.

The pictures are amazing. I must admit that your flowers and the lighting are amazing, but I really, really love the fish and frog picture. That is the most incredible photograph ever. I really love that one!!! The stars came out incredible and you both look fantastic. My question is the picture of you both when you looked surprised? You must say what when along with that picture. :) The last picture of you is one of the best, you are so, so pretty and this picture is perfect!

Thanks for the great photographs. You definitely made my day!!!!!

*presents Jesusfreak with the Platinum Moon Award for photograph excellence*

Thanks! ^_^ Shane took that last picture of me from a good distance away. I'm pleased to say that the optical zoom on my new camera is much better than my old one. The picture where we look surprised was because that tree reminded Shane of the scene in Lord of the Rings where Sam and Frodo are hiding from the ring wraiths under a tree, so we were sort of imitating that. :lol:

Thanks! ^_^ Shane took that last picture of me from a good distance away. I'm pleased to say that the optical zoom on my new camera is much better than my old one. The picture where we look surprised was because that tree reminded Shane of the scene in Lord of the Rings where Sam and Frodo are hiding from the ring wraiths under a tree, so we were sort of imitating that. :lol:

Great imitation!!! :lol: I remember that exact scene! :)

The technology is getting so incredible. Your zoom takes fantastic pictures with great quality.

I know! In 50 years, photo labs will be obsolete and kids won't know what film or negatives are. What's really impressive is that my camera is about the same (smallish) size as the old one, and only cost about $200 online. I am pleased to report that my money was well-spent. ^_^

I know! In 50 years, photo labs will be obsolete and kids won't know what film or negatives are. What's really impressive is that my camera is about the same (smallish) size as the old one, and only cost about $200 online. I am pleased to report that my money was well-spent. ^_^

Interesting point! I signed up for a photo course at the local university and they teach you only to take pictures with film-loaded cameras, dark room procedures and things that probably won't be around. Perhaps I should change that to the digital photography course. :lol:

You made a perfect choice in your camera.

Now... let's get posting some of your awesome photographs.

I do want to know how you captured that perfect photograph of the frog and fish. :)

That one was with my old camera, actually. I have a waterproof case for it. Maybe I should try selling prints of my pictures to supplement my income. :rolleyes:

Waterproof cases are great. I am a little reluctant to put my Nikon in one of those for fear that the time I used it, it would leak. But I love the idea as you have access to an entire other world.

You would probably do great.

The case I have is made specifically for my camera by Canon. It has a ring around where the two halves close that creates a seal, and a locking latch that keeps it shut. I've been using it for years with no problems.

I have a few pictures up on a website (can I say which one?), and it has the option to make prints available, which I did. So, who knows, maybe someone will want them. :rolleyes:

The case I have is made specifically for my camera by Canon. It has a ring around where the two halves close that creates a seal, and a locking latch that keeps it shut. I've been using it for years with no problems.

I have a few pictures up on a website (can I say which one?), and it has the option to make prints available, which I did. So, who knows, maybe someone will want them. :rolleyes:

Saying the name of the website is fine. You just could not put a link to your photographs or write the .com part.