Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Our Lady of Sorrows

Hello there. This is a series of stories that I created forever ago. It was orginally a fanfiction, but I dusted it off a bit, made it a little more appropriot for you younger board goers out there, and changed it into something you guys will hopefully enjoy. I have 10 chapters already made, and I'll probably post once every month of whenever I feel like it.

Oh yeah. I sort of stole Taynio's name. He's sort of a main character, so if you don't like it, I can have Horatio delete it.

So please enjoy:

Chapter I

The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You.

I stifled a cry as the reverend began to speak. It all happened so quickly. Too quickly, actually. We were just finishing dinner and were heading to Kris' car. That was when some guy in a ski mask was out about shooting random people after he robbed a Seven-Eleven. Kris was obviously in his way, as why I am here at his funeral. October 13th was the day he died, the day he proposed to me too, and the same day as my birthday.

"Kristov Lantz was a good man. Now, as we go to the bible in James 10..."

---

My eyes lingered over all the people during the burial. The wind was blowing harshly as tightened the grip on my jacket, that I finally convinced myself to bring. After all, a strapless dress isn't really the thing to wear on a 30 degree day. Throughout looking over the small crowd, I noticed Kris' mom. Kris and I always joked around by calling her "Madam Snob". I defiantly did not want to talk to her right now. She'd probably end up blaming me saying, "You're the cause of poor Krissie's fate! Only if he didn't love you and went for a smarter more mature girl, he wouldn't be in that coffin. But, of course, he was a fool."

I never liked her, but, some how around Kris I could somewhat bare her. Kris always hated it when she called him "Krissie". Donna Lantz always wanted a girl, but she ended up getting three boys. Kris was her first child, being 29. One time Kris got so mad, he dressed up like a girl and convinced her that he was a cross dresser and that he got a sex change the previous week. It was so hilarious. At the thought of that, I began to laugh. I do that sometimes. Think memories, and just laugh. Everyone stares at me and thinks I'm crazy. This time was no different. Right when I let out that little laugh, everyone turned their heads to glare at me, the turn them back and continue with what they were doing. It's like saying, "GOD! It's a funeral! He was your finance! You shouldn't be laughing, you should be morning! Cry!!! NOW!!!"

"Hey Ava."

I jumped at the sound of another human's voice, breaking my thoughts. "Oh. Hey Alexi."

"What's up?"

"We're at your brother's funeral. Doesn't get much better than this."

"Ha," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets casually. "That's what happens when you date idiots."

I twisted the engagement ring on my finger as he finished, not sure what to say. 'Speak kindly of the dead,' I suppose. I just didn't feel like talking. Alexi took notice to the ring and shifted his feet.

"He asked you to marry him didn't he?"

"Yeah."

"God. I'm sorry, you two made a lovely couple," He said sarcastically. "You're kids would be beautiful too. They'd look like rats, but with your beauty, there'd be some decency."

"You just made fun of me and complimented me. Is that possible? Besides, don't you have a concert to be at with your stupid punk band or something?" I asked, agitated at his rudeness. I would normally snap something back, but, what'd you expect?

"Nope. Had to quit the tour for a few days. Without me and Sam, the band is no where. Very upset fans, I'm sure. I like them more than Kristov any day. Such wonderful, beautiful girls scream my name. 'Alexi! Alexi!'," He said, his voice getting dreamy in his alternate reality. Even though I believed that he was telling the truth. Fan girls these days.

"Fan-friggin-tastic," I hissed, as I walked over to where they were placing Kris' red maple coffin into the dirt below. Kris shouldnt be in there. My anger was boiling up for Alexi now. I really wish Alexi was in that wooden box instead of Kris. But, of course, the jetset life will eventually kill you. Kris' death was my fault, I would soon find out. But by now, there was nothing going to bring him back.

Hello there. This is a series of stories that I created forever ago. It was orginally a fanfiction, but I dusted it off a bit, made it a little more appropriot for you younger board goers out there, and changed it into something you guys will hopefully enjoy. I have 10 chapters already made, and I'll probably post once every month of whenever I feel like it.

Oh yeah. I sort of stole Taynio's name. He's sort of a main character, so if you don't like it, I can have Horatio delete it.

So please enjoy:

Chapter I

I stifled a cry as the reverend began to speak. It all happened so quickly. Too quickly, actually. We were just finishing dinner and were heading to Kris' car. That was when some guy in a ski mask was out about shooting random people after he robbed a Seven-Eleven. Kris was obviously in his way, as why I am here at his funeral. October 13th was the day he died, the day he proposed to me too, and the same day as my birthday.

---

My eyes lingered over all the people during the burial. The wind was blowing harshly as tightened the grip on my jacket, that I finally convinced myself to bring. After all, a strapless dress isn't really the thing to wear on a 30 degree day. Throughout looking over the small crowd, I noticed Kris' mom. Kris and I always joked around by calling her "Madam Snob". I defiantly did not want to talk to her right now. She'd probably end up blaming me saying, "You're the cause of poor Krissie's fate! Only if he didn't love you and went for a smarter more mature girl, he wouldn't be in that coffin. But, of course, he was a fool."

I never liked her, but, some how around Kris I could somewhat bare her. Kris always hated it when she called him "Krissie". Donna Lantz always wanted a girl, but she ended up getting three boys. Kris was her first child, being 29. One time Kris got so mad, he dressed up like a girl and convinced her that he was a cross dresser and that he got a sex change the previous week. It was so hilarious. At the thought of that, I began to laugh. I do that sometimes. Think memories, and just laugh. Everyone stares at me and thinks I'm crazy. This time was no different. Right when I let out that little laugh, everyone turned their heads to glare at me, the turn them back and continue with what they were doing. It's like saying, "GOD! It's a funeral! He was your finance! You shouldn't be laughing, you should be morning! Cry!!! NOW!!!"

"Hey Ava."

I jumped at the sound of another human's voice, breaking my thoughts. "Oh. Hey Alexi."

"What's up?"

"Ha," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets casually. "That's what happens when you date idiots."

I twisted the engagement ring on my finger as he finished, not sure what to say. 'Speak kindly of the dead,' I suppose. I just didn't feel like talking. Alexi took notice to the ring and shifted his feet.

"Yeah."

"God. I'm sorry, you two made a lovely couple," He said sarcastically. "You're kids would be beautiful too. They'd look like rats, but with your beauty, there'd be some decency."

"You just made fun of me and complimented me. Is that possible? Besides, don't you have a concert to be at with your stupid punk band or something?" I asked, agitated at his rudeness. I would normally snap something back, but, what'd you expect?

"Nope. Had to quit the tour for a few days. Without me and Sam, the band is no where. Very upset fans, I'm sure. I like them more than Kristov any day. Such wonderful, beautiful girls scream my name. 'Alexi! Alexi!'," He said, his voice getting dreamy in his alternate reality. Even though I believed that he was telling the truth. Fan girls these days.

"Fan-friggin-tastic," I hissed, as I walked over to where they were placing Kris' red maple coffin into the dirt below. Kris shouldnt be in there. My anger was boiling up for Alexi now. I really wish Alexi was in that wooden box instead of Kris. But, of course, the jetset life will eventually kill you. Kris' death was my fault, I would soon find out. But by now, there was nothing going to bring him back.

Toto! You have done a fantastic job! Please do not wait too long before adding your next chapter!!!!!!

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Now, no more Mr. Nice Guy... get that next chapter up NOW ! :lol:

Heh. I won't be posting the next one until I get some feedback.

Plus, the next one is really quite boring. I might take out all the boring stuff and put chapter three in.

Then again, maybe I wont.

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Plus, the next one is really quite boring. I might take out all the boring stuff and put chapter three in.

Noooooooooooooo! Post it now! PLEASE!!!

And, keep the boring chapter in. You wrote it for a reason and I would like to read it.

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

And, keep the boring chapter in. You wrote it for a reason and I would like to read it.

Alright.

Give me a day though. I have to edit it. =D

So please enjoy:

Chapter I

---

"Hey Ava."

"What's up?"

"Yeah."

You write really well, Toto! :D

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

*is a very happy hammy now*

Thank you. :D I will wait.

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Oh wait. If you want chapter two, you're going to have to tell me who the picture was of in your topic, "I have to share something with you..."

Mmkay?

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Oh wait. If you want chapter two, you're going to have to tell me who the picture was of in your topic, "I have to share something with you..."

Mmkay?

Wonder Woman. Didn't you recognize the costume?

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Mmkay?

Alright. You told me. But was there a reason why you deleted your post? =P

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Mmkay?

The reason I deleted the post was because a couple of the posters wrote that they felt the picture was not appropriate and their parents would not like it. So, I thought the best thing to do was delete it. I could have left it there as it was not a bad picture and was taken on the main street of a town, but I am acting on the side of caution.

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Mmkay?

The reason I deleted the post was because a couple of the posters wrote that they felt the picture was not appropriate and their parents would not like it. So, I thought the best thing to do was delete it. I could have left it there as it was not a bad picture and was taken on the main street of a town, but I am acting on the side of caution.

On my behalf, I was just kidding.

I'll post chapter two later tonight. ^^

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Mmkay?

I knew you were, but someone else sounded pretty serious and I thought it was better off deleted. Too bad because I thought that person had a lot of attitude. :lol:

Thanks Horatio. ^^

You are most welcome!

Alright.

Mmkay?

I knew you were, but someone else sounded pretty serious and I thought it was better off deleted. Too bad because I thought that person had a lot of attitude. :lol:

We have a lot of people with attitudes here. (:

Chapter II

Not-So-Good Charlotte.

My high heels clicked on the concrete as I walked to work that day. As a gust of wind blew, my thin black hair whip lashed my face. I tightened the grip of my purse, and picked up the pace on my walking. As I reached the building for Seventeen magazine, the burst of warm air was shocking.

I smiled as I walked past the short secretary. "Morning Carrie."

"Hi Ava. Sorry about...you know.."

So the sympathy begins. Actually, it started the night Kris died, after the whole story aired on the 10 PM news. What am I supposed to say? "It's alright. I'll live without him."

"It's okay. Better get to work before the Mighty One gets mad," I said, hurrying to my closet of an office. Ah. I should be grateful. Most of the offices were smaller.

Just as I put my stuff down, the "Mighty One" walked in. It was Amanda, the Editor.

"Welcome back Ava."

"Oh. Hey. Is there any work for me to do?" I asked, taking my jacket off.

"Yeah. Actually, you were supposed to do an interview today."

"Really? With who?"

"Oh...you know...Good Charlotte? The band that you yelled at their manager, 'They're not a REAL band!'. Remember?"

"Ah. Yes," I said, a laugh in my voice. "We'll they're not a real band."

"I don't care about your opinion over interviews. We were lucky to get them. And since that's what the readers like, and if it makes them buy the magazine, it's worth it. Got it?"

"Crystal."

"I managed to get another band for an interview. 'My Mournful Death, I believe."

My Mournful Death. Alexi's band.

"Buttt-"

"No buts. You have a problem with them too?"

"No, it's just-"

"I don't care. If you can't pull this through, it'll cost you your job," She yelled, slamming the door behind her, causing a picture of Kris to fall and shatter.

Did I mention that I never liked this job? The only reason I stayed at a magazine that gave bad advice to girls was for the money. I'd rather work work at a soup kitchen than here if it weren't for the different salaries.

---

A knock was at my door as I was working on a review for Hilary Duff's new CD.

"Hilary Duff stinks. Don't listen to her stupid songs that are lip synched with notes covered in electronic devices...."

Maybe it wasn't the best go for girls to read that love this re-fried processed pop singer.

"Cherry, My Mournful Death is here," it was Carrie.

I sighed. "Send them in."

Soon, a group of three boys tugged into my office. I motioned to the 6 chairs that I had left out from the last band that came in for an interview.

Alexi mumbled something, and slouched back in his chair.

"Thanks for coming," I said, trying to smile. Have you ever tried to smile, and it just turns out like a demon-possessed frown? Yeah.

"Kind of have to hurry. We have a show in 2 hours," One of the band members said.

"Okay. Let's start out with your names and what you do in the band."

---

"Thanks for coming again guys," I said as we finished the interview. They quickly walked out the door, and I sat down at my computer to type the whole thing up. Right when I opened Microsoft Word, someone walked back into my office. It was Sam, Alexi's and Kris' younger brother..

"Sorry about Alexi, Ava. He's just mad for no reason."

"Sam...wait. Why did Gerard not like Kris so much? Is it because of me? "

"No, it's not about you. I can't really tell you why. You'll have to ask Alexi. He knows more than I do," He said, walking out of the office to catch up with the other guys. Leaving me to ponder and think about Kris more. Kris really didnt love me, I knew that much. And I think the surface was coming clearer now.

Chapter III.

The Truth Within a Lie.

I tapped my fingers on the computer desk as I thought about something to write. I was working at home that day, and I only had one review over a CD left to do. I needed some positive things to say over Hillbilly Duck. I mean Hilary Deaf. Or whatever her names was.

"Even though Hilary is defiantly not my type of music, the music industry reaching out to younger tweens seems to like her. Her hideous bubble gum pop is defiantly not my type. But, the ages 10-14 enjoy it. 2 stars."

That would have to work. Amanda already said that I couldn't say anything about her lip syncing, since some people actually do like her. Shocker.

I clicked "send" before I got up to sleep for the rest of the day.

"Hey Eskimo," I said, as I pushed the large doberman to the other side of the couch so I could lay down.

Right as I sat down, the phone rang.

I groaned as I reached for the phone.

"Hello?" I said tiredly.

"Hello Ava darling. It's Donna. I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner tonight. The boys will be home, and I though since...you know. Since Kristov passed."

"Ummm....sure..." That ruined my napping time.

"That's great. Why don't you come over at 6? See you soon. Bye bye," She said as I hung up the phone. Great. Now I don't get to take my nap, but I have to the the monster-in-laws too? They really weren't the in-laws, but whatever.

I had three hours to get ready. I pulled on a pair of black Dickies slacks, a black tank top, and a maroon 3/4 over shirt. I looked fairly descent. I left my ribcage-length, black hair straight and down, and figured that that was as good as it was going to get.

I glanced at the mirror again, noticing the dark circles growing around my eyes. I really could have used that nap.

---

I pulled into the Lantz house 10 minutes before six. As I rung the doorbell, some had already open the door.

"Hey Ava."

"Hello Alexi. What's up?"

"Nothing much," He said as Mrs. Lantz walked in.

"Cherise! It's so great to see you!" She squealed, even though it has been a month since we last talked.

"You too Mrs. Lantz."

"Why don't we go sit down for dinner?" She said, as she took my black wool pea coat and hung it on a coat rack.

---

"So...how's work?" Mrs. Way asked me. "Still working for People?"

"I'm still working for Seventeen magazine. I really don't like their whole concept over advice for young girls. It's really wrong to give them advice on how to have better sex. But, over that, they're doing this junk over Hilary Duff. I really don't like her. She's a disgrace to the music industry," I said, a laugh in my voice.

"Ah...yes," She said.

"Hilary Duff's stupid," Sam commented.

"Yeah, she is. Isn't she dating that guy from Good Charlotte? They can stink at music together," Gerard said, laughing.

"Don't be jealous, Alexi," Mrs. Lantz scolded.

"But, Ma."

"Yeah, I agree with Alexi and Sam. I'm probably going to quit the job sometime in the next few months. And try to get a job at a better magazine or newspaper. I just want my writting to mean something."

"That would be nice," Mrs. Lantz said. Dude. She was acting really nice tonight. "Ah...well, it might be time you get going. It's getting dark and robbery crime is going up."

"Oh. Alright. Bye guys," I said, getting up and going out the front door.

"Bye dear," Donna said.

"Bye," Sam and Alexi chourused.

10 minutes away from my apartment, I noticed that I had forgotten my coat. I turned around, and 20 minutes later I was back at their house. Only, this time another car occupied my spot. I parked in the road, and walked to their porch. I knocked, but when no one replied, I let myself in.

"Hello?" I said, walking into the living room behind the kitchen.

"Oh, hi Ava. Back again?" Donna asked.

"I left my coat," I said, looking around the room when I noticed a girl with short blonde hair sitting next to Mrs. and Mr. Lantz. "You have another guest, I see."

When no one replied, Alexi piped up. "She's my girlfriend."

"And I thought you would never actually get a girlfriend, Alexi," I said. I watched the girl's reactions and how Alexi smiled sheepishly. "Well, later guys."

I remembered Alexi saying that he didn't have a girlfriend in the interview. I shrugged and got into my car.

• 2 weeks later...

These first few are pretty boring. They'll get better by chapter 9. I promise. ;D

Chapter IV.

Everyone that Hurts You Dies.

Almost everyone has read a love story or a story where everyone ends up happy. My stories never ended up too happy. You loved me. You died. You hurt me. You died. It was that simple. Everyone I touched died. It's like something off the Twilight Zone.

I was driving hope from work when my cell phone rang. "Hello."

"Ava?"

"Speaking."

"Oh. Hey. It's Alexi."

"Really now. And why are you calling me?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to see if I could maybe talk to you."

"Sure. Tell me the time and place, I'll try to be there. I have a meeting in awhile."

"How about at Starbuck in a couple of minutes. Will that work?"

"Sure. Hey, Alexi? Don't you have a girlfriend? That blonde chick? Wouldn't you be ruining your social status if you were caught talking to me?"

"Ah. If anyone sees us, I'll explain that we're just friends."

"Whatever. I don't consider you a friend."

Silence. I think he was hurt that I didn't consider him a friend. What? Did he think I forgave people that easily?

"Great," he finally said. "Do you want me to meet you on the one on Washington Street, or do you need a ride?"

"Nah. I just Washington Street. I can go back."

"Great. I'll be there in a fifteen minutes."

"Super," I said, hanging up and turning around.

When I got there, I ordered, got my expresso, and took a window seat waiting for Alexi. I looked out the window, when I felt a finger on my shoulder. I jumped back in shock.

"Ava!" He squealed. It was none other than my godfather, Stephen.

"Stephen! How are you?"

"I'm fine. Yourself?"

"Ah...erm. I'm fine. You remember Kristov, right?"

"How could I forget? How is he?"

"Dead."

"Oh my goodness. What happened?"

"Some guy shot hi,"

"Oh my..." He said, looking away. "I really need to tell you something. Can I take a seat?

"Sure," I said, sticking a hand out to the chair on the opposite side.

"I know you won't believe me, but it's something important."

"What?"

"Ava, think. How many people have you known that have died?"

"Well...my parents, my aunt Isadora, Kristov, my brother, and my sister."

"And what do they all have in common?"

I thought. "They had black hair?"

"Besides that."

I thought for a second. "I don't know."

"They all did something to you emotionally."

"Well," I said. "My parents and my brother and sister hurt me before they died. But, Kristov loved me."

He nodded.

"What does that have anything to do with their deaths?"

"Ava, can't you see? Everyone that hurts you dies."

"I don't believe you. How could that possibly be? Plus, Kristov loved me. He didnt hurt me," I asked, at the store bell rang.

"I'll explain it some other time," He said, getting up just as Alexi walked in. Stephen smiled at Alexi and said to me, "Don't let anyone hurt you, Ava," And walked out of the store.

"Who was that? And what was that about?" Alexi asked, sitting down.

"It was my godfather. That was nothing. What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"My mother said that I shouldn't tell you, but you know that girl that was at our house last night?"

"Yes?"

"Her name is Candy."

"Okay...is this that important?" I asked, getting impatient.

"She wasn't my girlfriend. She was Kris'."

"That's not possible."

"Kris was dating you and Candy at the same time. Kris dated around all the time while he was supposed to be in a steady relationship with girls in highschool."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Who else do you have to believe?" He hissed.

"You're joking."

"No..I'm not."

"Kris wouldn't cheat on me. He proposed to me. Did he he give her an engagement ring too?"

"Erm...."

"Oh. My. God. How could he do that to me?!" I shouted, everyone in the cafe turned their heads to hear where the shout came from.

"I know. It was wrong of him. That's why I didn't like him. He cheated on every girl in high school, and then you."

"You knew about this all along, and never told me? Well, thanks for telling me now," I said.

"...And then he died. He really deserved his death."

"I guess he really did."

"...Every person that hurts you dies..."

In this chapter, you will find out who the original story was about. Well, you can guess it from the title. This story is about three years old, and I made it during the time when I actually liked My Chemical Romance. So, there you go. I really couldn't change the title, since it plays a big role in the story. Please enjoy. And...give feedback!

Chapter V.

You're Fired! (Ha...I feel like Donald Trump.)

I glanced at the CD and concert ticket that was scheduled for tonight sitting on my computer desk. Alexi and I managed to get along after he told me about how Kristov cheated on me. Alexi told me to listen to track number 5. He said it was an important song. Then he gave me the concert ticket and said I should go so we could talk some more. I tapped my fingers on the computer desk and popped the CD into the tower. The concert was at 8:00, and it was 7:45.

One, two, three, four, five. There.

I listened to it for awhile, hoping that Alexi's point for making me listen to his CD would pop up soon.

"We've only got once chance to put this at in end/and cross the patron saint of switchblade fights..."

Wait...what was that? I clicked the time button to go back to the first minute of the song.

"You said we're not celebrities, we spark and fade, they die by threes..."

I've heard that before...but where? ----! Wait, I said that piece of the song. Last Christmas Eve during dinner, Alxi was gloating and I said, "You're not a celebrity. They spark and fade."

But...wait. Why would he put that in a song? Does it mean something? ...Did he write the song for me? Nah. That'd be stupid.

...But, that song, it reminded me so much of me. All those times that Alexi was mean to me, was he secretly jealous, and he thought I deserved someone better?

How cliche. Life it cliche.

I'm cliche.

----

10:15

The band had just finished their last song. MMD was the second band playing. I found a nice...quiet spot by a bar. Too many little kids for my liking. I mean, these kids are 12. Some are older, but I really don't think a 12 year old should be listening to anything about death or "f---" being played all the time. Well, I have to say, My Mournful Death does cuss less than most bands. Their music was actually pretty good, if you learned to block out the constant screeching of "ALEXI! ALEXI!" So...he was right about the girls screaming his name. I actually feel sorry for him. Why can't people really like a band for the music?

The last song was finished 15 minutes ago, and other band was getting ready on stage.

"Hey babe," a guy said who slid into the other side of the booth I was sitting at.

I glanced around. "Babe? Since when am I called 'babe'?" I said, lowering my glare at Alexi.

"Since...I do what I want."

Silence.

"Do you want to go back stage?" Alexi finally said.

"Sure," I agreed, getting up and following him through the crowd to the backstage.

Once we got there, Alexi went over to a cooler, grabbed two beers and handed me one.

That's where the trouble began.

---

12:00

I haven't been drunk since I was 14. It was at a party, and I thought I would be considered cool if I got wasted. I just ended up being more of a geek, along with "the girl who got wasted at a birthday party". Now 7 years later, here I was again. Drunk at a concert. I'm no better than one of those old guys in their 50's dancing around and smoking pot at a Tool concert. Only there's a bunch of little girls here.

"Come on," Alexi (Who only had one beer) huffed. "I'll take you home."

I tried to get up, but just managed to fall down. So useless, so unsteady.

"I'll carry you," Alexi said, picking me up and carrying me to his car. I wanted to protest. I don't let people help me out. I'm stuborn and don't need or want help. When I tried to though, a bunch of slurred words came out.

After awhile I finally managed to get some words out. "You know, Alexi, that song you told me to listen to sounded a lot like it was about me," I said, the drunkenness in my voice showing.

"Does it seem that way? Well...it was."

"It was? That's sweet."

"Err....yeah. I always thought you were so hot when Kris started to date you, then I found out he was dating Candy and Dana while he was still dating you. I was so mad."

"That's sweet. Who's Dana?"

"His other girlfriend."

"Wow. Kris was a pimp," I giggled.

Five minutes of silence...

"I guess I should tell you now, but Ava, I...love you.."

But, I was already asleep. And I wouldn't remember anything tomorrow.

---

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!"

I tried to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock, but all I managed to do was fall off my bed tangled up in my blankets.

"Darn," I yawned. I groggily looked up at the alarm clock. It read in bright red letters 9:34.

"----!" I screeched, trying to get up, but falling down again.

"I'm late, I'm late!!...AGAIN!" I screamed as I tried to get ready.

I finally got ready, I didn't look my best, but I was ready.

I ran into the office building at 10:05. I quickly ran past Carrie.

"Ava, you're late. Amanda isn't..."

"Yeah, yeah," I said, as her voice faded away.

I quickly sat down at my desk, and as I got settled, Amanda busted in.

"What time is it Ava?" She asked.

"Ten fifteen," I replied.

"Yes. And what time should you be at work each day?"

"Seven-thirty."

"Yes. So, how late are you?"

"More than two hours..."

"Yes. And how many times have you been 'more than two hours' late?"

"..I dunno..."

"FIVE times, Ava."

I didn't say anything. I was afraid to.

"You're fired!"

I like this part. It explains some important information.

Chapter VI.

You Stab Me in the Back, I Stab You. (Well...Sorta.)

It seems like I've been sitting on my couch for a month. But it's really only been three days. I laughed as I was watching a Spanish Soap Opera. I had no idea what they were saying, but dang it was hilarious.

I'll have to find a job tomorrow...It's not like I can't afford to not have a job. My parents left me their entire fortune when they died. I just feel worthless when I have nothing to do and I'm bored at home. Plus...Christmas would be coming up soon. I have no idea what that has to do with a job, but I've had Christmas alone for the past 10 years.

Kris could have spent Christmas with you...

"God! Kris!" I shouted, grabbing a pair of scissors on the coffee table and stabbing the pillow next to me.

That was uncalled for....

Suddenly the phone rang. I finally changed the ringtone to a normal ring.

"Hello?" I said a little frustrated.

"Ava? Oh...hey. This is Carrie from work..."

Maybe they finally decided that they really do want me there...

"I know that you were kind of angry at Amanda and all....but...she was in a car wreck today. Ava...she died."

----

After hanging up with Carrie, I sat and thought for awhile.

Maybe Stephen was right....Maybe when I get angry with people, they somehow...die.

That's ironic! How can that possibly happen? It doesn't make sense...

I walked over to my computer and went to Google.

I quickly typed in "Aimee Copland" into the search engine. She was one of the hookers that I hated in High School. After scrolling down I finally found Aimee Copeland dies at the age of 19. Her death was unknown.

I went back and typed in "Bryce Young".

Shot at the age of 21

Anne Nelson, drowned. Brandon Myers, murdered. Wayne Wright, never found. Jessica Skipper, raped and tossed into a lake.

I sighed and typed in the last person I could think of; my best friend from middle and the beginning school. Katie Smith. We were the best of friends. Until....

"You're going to miss the bus, Katie..." I whispered as my breath turned into vapor. The big yellow bus pulled up to the stop, and the door opened. I climbed in and took a seat. She wasn't there....for the third day in a row. I tried to call her over the weekend, but her mother said she wasn't available. When we finally got to school, I pulled off my coat and placed it in the locker Katie and I shared. She wasn't at school yet.

I quickly grabbed my books and headed off to my first hour class. When passed by a group of giggling preps and jocks, I glared at them, and what I saw gave me a heart attack. There was Katie, in a pink outfit most likely from Abercrombie and Fitch, giggling with the people we loathed. The people that laughed at us.

"Katie?!" I gasped, my mouth open, gawking at the group.

"Go ahead Katie," Aimee said nudging her shoulder. "Tell her what we've practiced."

"Umm..." Katie said nervously. "Ava, you're a whore. I'm no longer your friend. I have real friends now. They're not freaks like you are. I was once a freak like yourself, but not anymore. They change me. For the better."

"What?!"

"You heard what she said....freak," A tall jock with brown hair said.

"Yeah," all the girls snickered, throwing the books in my hands on the ground.

"Come on, Katie," Aimee said, as the group walked on.

I bent down to pick up my stuff as Katie turned around, grinned, and turned back around to catch up with her friends.

"You'll pay..." I muttered. "You'll all pay...."

I clicked "search" as her name processed.

Katie Ware, age 20, Stabbed in the Back 5 Times.

Chapter VI.

It seems like I've been sitting on my couch for a month. But it's really only been three days. I laughed as I was watching a Spanish Soap Opera. I had no idea what they were saying, but dang it was hilarious.

I'll have to find a job tomorrow...It's not like I can't afford to not have a job. My parents left me their entire fortune when they died. I just feel worthless when I have nothing to do and I'm bored at home. Plus...Christmas would be coming up soon. I have no idea what that has to do with a job, but I've had Christmas alone for the past 10 years.

"God! Kris!" I shouted, grabbing a pair of scissors on the coffee table and stabbing the pillow next to me.

"I know that you were kind of angry at Amanda and all....but...she was in a car wreck today. Ava...she died."

----

Maybe Stephen was right....Maybe when I get angry with people, they somehow...die.

I quickly typed in "Aimee Copland" into the search engine. She was one of the hookers that I hated in High School. After scrolling down I finally found Aimee Copeland dies at the age of 19. Her death was unknown.

Shot at the age of 21

Anne Nelson, drowned. Brandon Myers, murdered. Wayne Wright, never found. Jessica Skipper, raped and tossed into a lake.

I sighed and typed in the last person I could think of; my best friend from middle and the beginning school. Katie Smith. We were the best of friends. Until....

"You're going to miss the bus, Katie..." I whispered as my breath turned into vapor. The big yellow bus pulled up to the stop, and the door opened. I climbed in and took a seat. She wasn't there....for the third day in a row. I tried to call her over the weekend, but her mother said she wasn't available. When we finally got to school, I pulled off my coat and placed it in the locker Katie and I shared. She wasn't at school yet.

I quickly grabbed my books and headed off to my first hour class. When passed by a group of giggling preps and jocks, I glared at them, and what I saw gave me a heart attack. There was Katie, in a pink outfit most likely from Abercrombie and Fitch, giggling with the people we loathed. The people that laughed at us.

"Go ahead Katie," Aimee said nudging her shoulder. "Tell her what we've practiced."

"Umm..." Katie said nervously. "Ava, you're a whore. I'm no longer your friend. I have real friends now. They're not freaks like you are. I was once a freak like yourself, but not anymore. They change me. For the better."

"What?!"

I bent down to pick up my stuff as Katie turned around, grinned, and turned back around to catch up with her friends.

This has got to be the most interesting one so far.

Chapter VI.

----

Shot at the age of 21

"What?!"

Then you'll really like the ending. I love the ending. The story's going to be 15 chapters all together, so bear with me.

Then you'll really like the ending. I love the ending. The story's going to be 15 chapters all together, so bear with me.

There is no bearing in this story! I loved this part and I am looking forward to the remaining chapters. :D

Toto, this really is fantastic. I read it cause Matt wasn't picking up his phone and I'm so glad that I did.

Here I am at home on a Saturday night all by myself feeling like poop and then I read this amazing story... so now, apart from my throbbing headache, I feel much better!

I can't wait for the next chapters!

♥ Lee

Toto, this really is fantastic. I read it cause Matt wasn't picking up his phone and I'm so glad that I did.

Here I am at home on a Saturday night all by myself feeling like poop and then I read this amazing story... so now, apart from my throbbing headache, I feel much better!

♥ Lee

Thanks Lee. ^-^ You would have probably liked the story better with the name "Gerard" instead of Alexi, though. xD I'm not going to give anything away, but you might be glad that it wasn't Gerard.

Feel better, mmkay?

Chapter VII.

The Godfather.

"Ava. You're going to come with us to go to your brother's funeral. End of story," A pale woman with black hair who looked like she was aging dramatically for someone her age, said to a door. The engine of a car could be heard from the background.

"Ava!! Get out of that bathroom and suck it up," She hissed, pounding on the door.

A small "screw you" could be heard from the other side of the door.

The woman huffed, and pounded her feet down a flight of stairs. A door was slammed, and the sound of the car's engine slowly faded away.

---

"What? Why can't I see them?" A girl that looked like a younger version of the woman at the door of the bathroom before, shouted to a police officer standing in front of some yellow "Do Not Cross: Police Line" tape.

"They're...not in good condition.." He stuttered.

"Well. Are any of them alive?" She demanded.

"How are you related to the people in the car, and what's your name?"

"I'm Ava Adore. The people in the car are my parents, brother and sister."

"How old are you really, miss?" The officer asked stubbornly.

Jesus, the girl thought. Does my age really matter? I've been waiting here for six hours. I just need answers!

"16," She lied.

"Well, we're going to need an identification on the bodies. You can stay here until we get some stuff done."

"Are. Any. Of. Them. Alive." She hissed through her teeth.

"Well. No. None of them are alive."

The girl collapsed on the concrete of the highway, sitting down holding her knees.

"Look at me. I'm acting like a little thirteen-year-old. What's going to happen to me?" She asked the officer.

"Well. You're sixteen so-"

"I'm not sixteen. I'm thirteen. I knew if I told you my real age, you wouldn't give me any answers."

"Oh. Well. You'll have to go to a foster home until we find your parent's will. Our people couldn't find it, but don't worry. They will..."

What was strange, though...there were no tears on the girl's face.

---

"Are you going to Homecoming?" A girl with curly brown hair asked Ava.

"I've told you Katie, I'm not going. I don't know anyone at this school, and I'm a social outcast. Plus, I'm just a little kid," Ava said, speaking of how she was really only 14 and in the 10th grade. "Why are you going anyways?"

"Bryce is going to be there. You know how much I like him. Anways, I'm going to get you to go whether you want to or not. I've gotta walk home today. Talk to you later."

"Bye," Cherise said, waving, as her friend walked the opposite direction.

"Ava Adore. Come to the front office please. Ava Adore. Front office," The intercom spoke.

"What now?" Ava said to herself, and trudged to the front office.

She walked into the small office, where a secretary was typing on her computer, and a man with one of those mafia hats on stood next to her desk.

"Ummm. You called for Ava Adore?" She said, interrupting the secretary.

"Oh. Yes. This is Stephen Bonforti. He is here to talk to you," She said, motioning to the man by her desk, and went back to her computer.

"Do you have a place we could talk...alone?" The man who was known as 'Stephen' asked, in a thick Bronx accent.

"Oh, yeah," she said, pointing to the back room. "You can go in the principal's office. He's not in today."

"Thank you," He said, walking back to the office.

Ava thought whether to follow the man, or run the heck out of there. I mean, he could be a rapist, convict, or a...prostitute.

"Well. He doesn't look too bad..." She thought.

Yeah. And neither do child molesters until they've stolen a kid.

Ava thought about it, and cautiously followed the man. He motioned to a chair on the other side of the desk, and closed the door.

"My, Ava. You've certainly grown," He said calmly.

Ava sat there, wondering what to say. Instead, she just raised an eyebrow.

"It's been awhile that I've seen you, so I would understand if you don't remember me. The last time I saw you, it was at your Christening," He said, closing his eyes and smiling. "Oh. I'm Sorry. I'm Stephan Bonforti."

"I know that. But what are you doing here?"

"I'm your godfather."

Chapter VIII.

An Unexpected Visitor.

"What. The..." I gagged, placing a book in the "Romance Novel" section.

I mumbled a remark to myself, grabbing a new box of books and moving over to the Children's section.

It was my third week working at the local Barnes and Noble. I said I needed a job, and I got one.

You should have seen me at Hot Topic, though. Alexi thought I should get a job there.

I would have ended up beating every kid that came into that store.

"Hey. You can go home now, Ava," A female voice said behind me.

"Really?" I said, looking at my watch. "I thought I got off at 8."

"Are you retarded?" My manager, Laura laughed. "It's Christmas Eve. We're closing at 12 today. Go home."

"It's Christmas...?"

"Oh my God. You forgot? How can anyone forget Christmas?" She said seriously.

"Yeah. It must have slipped my mind..."

"Go home. I better not see you here at the door tomorrow, since I wont even be here."

"Umm...yeah," I said, taking my worker's apron off. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Ava. And you know what you need to get..."

"What?"

"A boyfriend."

"Heh. That'll be the day," I said, putting on my coat and walking out the door.

---

Unlocking the door to my apartment, I got in, closed the door, and placed my coat on a rack next to the door.

Walking over to my telephone, the answering machine read 3.

I pressed the play button, and walked into my bedroom to get a hoodie and some pajama bottoms.

"Hey, Cherise. This is your brother, David..."

I had just taken my shirt off when I heard the message.

I ran over to the answering machine, and pressed play again to hear the message over.

The answering machine read 2 now.

"What's up? This is Ava. Just wanted to know..."

I skipped the message, and new one played. "I haven't seen you in awhile. Just wanted to know how you are..."

Must have just imagined that...

But....You saw that you had three messages...

I shrugged, partly confused, and walked back into my room.

"Put a shirt on, sister."

I turned around swiftly, to find that there was nothing where the voice came from.

God. I'm a dummy.

I pulled out a hoodie and put it on, then walked into the living room.

I picked up a book, and began to read it.

"Thought you could erase me from your consious, didn't you, Ava?"

I put my book down quickly, and looked up to find my older brother David sitting on the couch on the other side of my chair. Looking just like he did...

Before he died.

"Hey sis," He said, smiling.

"You're not real," I said, sternly.

"Not believing what your heart tells you, and quick to judge. Like always..."

"What are you doing here?" I hissed.

"You never came to my funeral this time ten year ago, now did you? Is it wrong for a brother to worry about his little sister?"

"What do you want?" I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Oh. Don't cry. You were spending Christmas alone, and I just wanted to see you."

I just stared at him.

"Well. Yes," He said on a lighter note. "I recently saw Kristov on the on the other side of the wall separating heaven and heck. He's having a wonderful time in heck, I assure you."

"Please. Go away," I sniffled.

I felt arms on my shoulders.

"Just go away, go away!" I sobbed.

"I just got here. You want me to leave?" Alexi said.

"Please, just go away."

"Hey....What's wrong?" A familiar voice said.

"Alexi?" I coughed.

"Who else? I don't see anyone else in the room."

"What are you doing here?"

"Mom told me to bring some food for you. You don't even have a Christmas tree...Don't tell me you forgot Christmas.."

"Well, I won't tell you then. And...thank you for the food. I forgot about dinner too."

"Why were you crying...and yelling at me...?" Gerard asked, a worry expression on his face.

"It's just a sad time of the year..."

"Christmas isn't supposed to be sad. It's supposed to be happy and c---, I believe. I'm not much into the whole happy thing myself. It looked like something else was on your mind other than 'a sad time of the year'. What's really wrong, babe?" He said, taking a seat on the couch David was sitting on before.

"He's not too shabby. But what's with the makeup and black clothing?" David said with crudley, hovering over Alexi

"I told you to go away," I hissed, glaring at David.

"What? I thought you said I could stay..." Gerard said, looking at the spot that I was glaring at.

"You don't see him?"

"Who?" Gerard said, glancing from me to the spot where David was at.

"Ummm. No one," I said, trying to change the subject. "Gotchya, " I said with a laugh, trying to make it sound believable.

"Hah. Good one. For a second you had me thinking that you were actually crazy," He said, still worried.

"Yep. That's me. The crazy one," I said, narrowing my eyes at David.

"Well...I think I'm going to go. Mom and Same say hello. I'll come visit you tomorrow, so you wont have to be alone."

"Oh. Don't worry about it. I'm alone a lot of the time," I said, shrugging.

"Mom's having a party tomorrow. I'll need a break from all the old people," He said, giving me a quick hug. "Merry Christmas."

I watched as he walked out the door, and closed it behind him.

"Awww. Someone's got a little crush on Ava!" David said, with a smirk on his face.

"Go to heck," I hissed.

"Oh I have. And it's quite nice down there. Bought a condo there for vacation awhile back..."

♥ Lee

Thanks Lee. ^-^ You would have probably liked the story better with the name "Gerard" instead of Alexi, though. xD I'm not going to give anything away, but you might be glad that it wasn't Gerard.

Feel better, mmkay?

Yeah I feel much better today :)

I noticed that Alexi some how turned into Gerard and then back again... I just thought Alexi was his pet name and Gerard was his real name! Hehe, now I know.

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Feel better, mmkay?

Yeah I feel much better today :)

I noticed that Alexi some how turned into Gerard and then back again... I just thought Alexi was his pet name and Gerard was his real name! Hehe, now I know.

♥ Lee

My editting isn't very good, so sometimes they're one or the other. ;D

I'm planning on getting this finished in the next month.

Chapter IX.

Just like the Title.

I smiled to myself as I pulled a box out of the dusty closet hidden in the back of my apartment.

"What'ddya doing?" David asked, popping out of...somewhere.

"Finding a Alexi a present."

"...What? Are you telling me that you didn't buy him one? That's sad."

"Look was I found," I said, handing him the box.

"My comic books? You've kept them for all these years?"

"I've kept at least one thing that meant something to all of you guys. I knew how much you loved those things."

"Yeah. Whatddya going to do with them?"

"Give them to Alexi."

"But, those are mine...."

"Oh please, David. You're dead. Give it a break."

"But...they're my comic books. I've collected them since forever. You could seriously get some dough with those."

"I know. But Alexi won't sell them. You guys like the same stuff, you know."

"Butttt..." David whined.

"Listen. I could seriously care less about those things. Alexi will like them, and apperciate them. I was thinking about throwing them away."

Before David could reply, there was a knock from the door.

I got up off the hard wood floor and walked over to the cheap white door.

"Merry Christmas!" Stephen said with a large smile.

"Hey, Stephen. How are you?" I said, opening the door for him to get in.

"I'm good. Just wanted to come by to see you. Oiy! David's here visiting, I see. How are you, David?" Stephen said, placing a few boxes on the kitchen table.

"I'm still alive and kicking...wait. No I'm not..."

"You can see him, Stephen?" I said, confused. I just figured that I was the only one that could see David.

"Of course I can see him. It's not like he's transparent..."

"But, Alexi didn't see him..."

"You have to believe in ghosts and the undead, or else you won't see him. Well, let's get on a different subject. Why don't you have a Christmas tree?"

"I forgot," I said with a small smile.

"About a tree?"

"No. About Christmas."

"I see. Well it's easy to forget," Stephen said. "Let's take a seat. I have some information for you, Ava."

"...What kind of information?" I asked, taking the empty seat on the loveseat next to David.

"About your powers."

"I don't have powers," I said with a laugh.

"Sure you do. I told you about the outcome of your hate."

"That's just a coincidence," I said with a small laugh.

"When you're angry at someone, they die. It's not totally explained. But your mother and grandmother had the same problem. You have to control your hate."

"That's dumb."

"It's the truth. You have to understand this. It's who you are."

"It's hard to understand. It makes no sense."

"But, at the same time, it makes all the sense."

"Explain how that can make sense," I said.

"How many people have you known that have died?"

"At least like. Twenty."

"Were you ever angry at those people?"

I thought about it for a second. "Yes," I replied.

"Your anger kills people."

"How can that be, though?"

"It just is. It doesn't need to be explained, that's the beauty of it."

"But how can I control my anger?"

"Meditation. Find one person to love. That love will take a lot of the hate away. And don't think so many negative thoughts."

"That's going to be hard," I said with a small smile.

"You're our lady of sorrows, and you always will be," David piped up.

And that one sentence made me think more than Stephen's speach could have ever made me think.

The problem was that I can't love people.

Kristov. Sam. Alexi.

Chapter IX.

Just like the Title.

I smiled to myself as I pulled a box out of the dusty closet hidden in the back of my apartment.

"I've kept at least one thing that meant something to all of you guys. I knew how much you loved those things."

"Give them to Alexi."

"But...they're my comic books. I've collected them since forever. You could seriously get some dough with those."

"Listen. I could seriously care less about those things. Alexi will like them, and apperciate them. I was thinking about throwing them away."

"I'm good. Just wanted to come by to see you. Oiy! David's here visiting, I see. How are you, David?" Stephen said, placing a few boxes on the kitchen table.

"You can see him, Stephen?" I said, confused. I just figured that I was the only one that could see David.

"You have to believe in ghosts and the undead, or else you won't see him. Well, let's get on a different subject. Why don't you have a Christmas tree?"

"About a tree?"

"No. About Christmas."

"I see. Well it's easy to forget," Stephen said. "Let's take a seat. I have some information for you, Ava."

"...What kind of information?" I asked, taking the empty seat on the loveseat next to David.

"About your powers."

"When you're angry at someone, they die. It's not totally explained. But your mother and grandmother had the same problem. You have to control your hate."

"That's dumb."

"At least like. Twenty."

"Meditation. Find one person to love. That love will take a lot of the hate away. And don't think so many negative thoughts."

And that one sentence made me think more than Stephen's speach could have ever made me think.

Kristov. Sam. Alexi.

I can see what'll happen. Sort of. XD

Chapter IX.

Just like the Title.

"Give them to Alexi."

"About a tree?"

"No. About Christmas."

"About your powers."

"That's dumb."

"At least like. Twenty."

Kristov. Sam. Alexi.

I like it very much. I see Alexi's name there. Oh no!

♥ Lee

Chapter IX.

Just like the Title.

"Give them to Alexi."

"About a tree?"

"No. About Christmas."

"About your powers."

"That's dumb."

"At least like. Twenty."

Kristov. Sam. Alexi.

o: And how are you so sure, huh?

Chapter IX.

Just like the Title.

"Give them to Alexi."

"About a tree?"

"No. About Christmas."

"About your powers."

"That's dumb."

"At least like. Twenty."

Kristov. Sam. Alexi.

o: And how are you so sure, huh?

Perhaps I am... too sure. =O

*waits for more*

♥ Lee

*waits with Lee* :D

-Waits also-

*places five sticks of dynamite beneath Toto's feet*

*paints smiley faces on the dynamite*

♥ Lee

*laughs hysterically before setting the dynamite's "hair" on fire*

*waits for more*

♥ Lee

-Waits also-

♥ Lee

Now they'll never be pretty!

*cries*

♥ Lee

*waits for more*

♥ Lee

-Waits also-

♥ Lee

Now they'll never be pretty!

*cries*

♥ Lee

Please don't cry. Here, I have fixed the problem. They just have shorter hair.

*cuts wick on dynamite and stops the process*

Hmm. Alright. I'll get the next chapter done. Eventually. In other news...I'm first chair flute. (:

*has party*

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Dankies. ^^

I'll try to get the next chapter done by Friday.

Hmm. Alright. I'll get the next chapter done. Eventually. In other news...I'm first chair flute. (:

Cool. I could never beat Luke at trumpet. XD

Still relating to music, I'm getting a black lacquered trumpet!

• 3 weeks later...

...Sorry for the major not updating. I have writers' block.

I have been patient, but no more Mr. Nice Guy!!!

Maaaahhh. I know what's gonna happen at the end, but I don't know all the details that I want to put in between now and the end. Would it make you feel better if I just tell you what happens? (:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long wait, guys. This only has about three or four chapters left. When it's finally finished, I'm going to edit it and all that good stuff. I really don't like the characters' names, and I'll probably end up changing the entire story. Then I'll post the final copy for all of you wonderful people to see.

Oohhh. Everyone go listen to Warmen.

Chapter X.

To Kill a Rockstar.

As I was placing books onto the section I loathed the most ... the Romance section, I noticed a book that I might be interested in reading. It was called "How to Kill a Rockstar". I smiled and added the book to my memory to buy later.

With the rockstar killing thought on my mind, I was almost happy. Until I heard a cough from behind me. The unmistakable cough of the rockstar I wanted to kill.

Without turning around, I continued putting the books on the shelf. "What day is it, Alexi?"

"Uhh...March 23rd."

"What day did you promise to stop by at my apartment?"

"Christmas. Listen...about that. I'm really sorry ..."

I cut him off. "You could have called. Stopped by later. Even sent a letter."

"I got busy."

"No excuse."

"Listen," He said. Obviously, he was getting agitated. "Put the books down and look at me."

No matter what he said...or rudely demanded, I continued placing the books on the shelf.

"Listen Ava," He repeated, grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me around so that our faces were only a couple of inches apart. "I'm sorry. I know there was no excuse. But I'm really, really sorry."

"Wow, I really am starting to sound like my mother. I'm the one that should be apologizing, Alexi. I shouldn't have flipped out just because you didn't stop by my place on Christmas like you said you would. If we were dating or something, then maybe I had the right to get mad. But I have no excuse. I'm sorry."

"You have the right to be upset. You're under a lot of pressure right now. Having no one to spend Christmas is one thing, but life just isn't being fair to you right now. It'll get better, I promise."

"No. No more promises," I said, sitting down in one of the leather couches made for the people intending to buy books. When tears started to roll down my face, I quickly stuck my face in my hands and began to sob.

"It's alright Ava, it's alright." Alexi cooed in my ear, with one of his arms around me.

When I finally stopped crying, I looked up and wiped a tear off my face.

"Have you ever thought about going back to one of those shrinks you used to see when we were in high school?"

"I can't go," I said.

"Of course you can. I'll take you."

"No. I mean I really can't. I can't afford it. Last month I received a letter from the bank. The bank where all of my parents' money is stored. I was supposed to get the other half they left for me next month," I stopped talking to wipe another tear off my face and push my bangs away from my wet face.

"...And..."

"It's all gone, Alexi. My parents' lawyer took it all, and then he left the country. I'm broke."

Chapter XI.

Letters.

I frowned as I looked at the two letters sitting on the kitchen table. One was a large business letter, and the other was just a piece of paper folded three times. They were both addressed to:

"Parkchester Apartment Building Complex,

Apt. 145, 2000 East Tremont Avenue

Bronx, NY 10462". The large business letter was from the Belleville High School.

God, I thought, I wasn't planning on this happening for another few years.

I sighed. There was no way to just not open the large letter.

I can always throw it away, I thought.

No. There was no way I could just not open the letter. Curiosity always kills the cat, and I was no exception.

I sighed again, grabbed the letter, and tore it open.

Dear Class of 1995 Member:

You are invited to attend the 10 year Belleville High School Reunion for the graduating class of 1995. We're trying to make this a memorable event with as much relaxing as we can squeeze in, and we would like to see as many classmates as possible!

The reunion will be held for the weekend of May 14 and 15th, 2005. And to kick it off, we will be reserving the Irish Connection Bar & Grille on 345 Third Street at 7 PM. There will be plenty of time to recall good times and get to know your old classmates. There will be wonderful food and beverages, time for dancing, and entertainment.

On the 15th we will be having a luau at the Belleville Country Club. The Cost to get in is $40.00, which includes your reunion booklet. You will be on your own when it comes to buying your food and drinks this night, and it will be a blast!

The band that will be providing the entertainment comes from our very own 1995 class, My Mournful Death. They've become extremely famous in the past few years, and we're sure you can't wait to hear them.

We will also be having a memorial presentation for all of the members of the class of 1995 that have died in the past ten years, to remember their presence. All the people I killed.

The letter continued, You and your family are invited to attend. If you are interested in activities such as a tour of the high school, family swimming and mini golf, or anything else you can think of, make sure to reply to the return address with the form included in this letter.

We are planning on seeing you there!

Your Class of 1995 10th Reunion Committee:

Kealsi (Roads) Myers

Hannah (Morgan) Cassity

Joshua Write

Michael Keyes

Elizabeth Johnson

I threw the letter back in the center of the table. After sitting for awhile, I reached back for the folded piece of paper. It was from the "Parkchester Tenants Office".

Quickly tearing the paper open, I read:

To Whom it May Concern:

The tenant renting this apartment has not yet paid their monthly renting bill. You will be evicted on the 17th of May if your rent has not been paid by then. We hope all problems will be taken care of so you will not have to be evicted.

I snatched up both papers, getting up to the trashcan. Stepping on the lever to open the lid of the can, I threw both letters where they belonged.

YAY! I'd kiss you but I dont think you'd like that.

♥ Lee

My angsty vibes tell me no.

Heh. I wouldn't mind, but since you live in Australia, that wouldn't be possible. xD

♥ Lee

Heh. I wouldn't mind, but since you live in Australia, that wouldn't be possible. xD

Thats quite true, but I could always try... *kisses computer screen*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

-points- Lee's making out with her computer!!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Which makes Lee a NERD! =o (j/k)

Anyways, Tater Toto, shweet story.

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Computer isn't a good kisser. I don't recommend kissing him. He doesn't taste good either.

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Computer isn't a good kisser. I don't recommend kissing him. He doesn't taste good either.

♥ Lee

:o:huh: Now you are trying to eat him as well ????????????? :huh::o

*wonders if Lee's nickname is Black Widow*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh yes, eating computers is a favourite pastime of mine.

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

So, how do they taste? Do some brands taste better than others????? Does more memory make it more crunchy? :huh:

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

So, how do they taste? Do some brands taste better than others????? Does more memory make it more crunchy? :huh:

Oh they taste like plastic and metal. Custom made ones taste the best because you can order exactly what you want to eat. And yes, more memory does make it more crunchy. Mmm crunchy.

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh they taste like plastic and metal. Custom made ones taste the best because you can order exactly what you want to eat. And yes, more memory does make it more crunchy. Mmm crunchy.

♥ Lee

How does the airport card taste? :lol:

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Like an airport card. *offers you one*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

*refuses the airport card offer*

My apologies, but I cannot accept. It is making my computer very nervous.

ok, horatio and vixen are weird. Feedback on the story:

WOW! I LOVE IT!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

I understand completely, but you ARE missing out.

♥ Lee

WOW! I LOVE IT!

Yep, and proud!

♥ Lee

WOW! I LOVE IT!

Dankies. (:

I'm trying to work on the last two chapters. They have to be perfect.

Then again, everything will be editted. So they could stink if I wanted them to...

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

I understand completely, but you ARE missing out.

♥ Lee

*feels computer starting to shudder at the thought of Lee's taste for airport cards* :o

• 3 weeks later...

Oh. And for the last chapter, I have two ways it can end. I really don't know which is better, so I'll have to post both. And then everyone can vote! That'll be fun, right? xD

I'm just afraid that one of them won't work with the second-to-the-last chapter. We'll have to find out, then.

I'm working on this next chapter. Hopefully it'll be out by tomorrow.

Sorry for the wait.

*waits*

*weights with Horatio*

you heard me.

Oh. And for the last chapter, I have two ways it can end. I really don't know which is better, so I'll have to post both. And then everyone can vote! That'll be fun, right? xD

I'm just afraid that one of them won't work with the second-to-the-last chapter. We'll have to find out, then.

Here is the key to the last chapter... which one works better for your sequel???????

:lol::lol::lol:

Here is the key to the last chapter... which one works better for your sequel???????

:lol::lol::lol:

There's a certain key element that would cause the story to not have a sequel. xD

Sorry for the wait.

*waits*

*weights with Horatio*

you heard me.

*gets out five pound weights, ten pound weights and hamster-sizing DVD*

*slips on my wrist and ankle sweatbands, my goofy stereotypic leotard, and totes a bottle of naivE*

*wonders if it is possible for a hamster to do a jumping jack*

Sorry for the wait.

*waits*

*weights with Horatio*

you heard me.

*gets out five pound weights, ten pound weights and hamster-sizing DVD*

*slips on my wrist and ankle sweatbands, my goofy stereotypic leotard, and totes a bottle of naivE*

*wonders if it is possible for a hamster to do a jumping jack*

Oh course! Hamsters invented jumping jacks!!!

:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Totoooooo!

*gnaws the carpet while waiting*

♥ Lee

*knits more carpet as fast as I can to keep up with Vixen's gnawing*

• 1 month later...
*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

I've actually been putting off writing my stories that I post on the internet for numerous reasons. One reason is that plagiarism is really high right now on the internet. I would really like to one day be an author, and I couldn't very well publish a story that someone else already has, because they found it on the internet and liked the idea.

Now, this doesn't very well mean that I'm going to quit writing all together. I might just stop posting OLS updates for awhile. I'm still working on completing the story, so maybe one day you'll see it on a Barnes and Noble shelf. [:

I'm also writing a few other stories that have the potential to turn into books as well. We'll just have to see and find out.

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

I've actually been putting off writing my stories that I post on the internet for numerous reasons. One reason is that plagiarism is really high right now on the internet. I would really like to one day be an author, and I couldn't very well publish a story that someone else already has, because they found it on the internet and liked the idea.

Now, this doesn't very well mean that I'm going to quit writing all together. I might just stop posting OLS updates for awhile. I'm still working on completing the story, so maybe one day you'll see it on a Barnes and Noble shelf. [:

I'm also writing a few other stories that have the potential to turn into books as well. We'll just have to see and find out.

HampsterKing has said that anything you post here has a time and date and is protected. He will stand by you if someone tries to steal your ideas. If it is something you post anywhere, here or somewhere wlse, then I would suggest you print out a copy showing the time and date posted and keep that in a file.

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

You need to be here a bit more Lee! :lol:

We miss you when you disappear for a bit.

Sorry, I've been browsing and paying short visits here but I'm a bit busy these days. I still love you Horatio, don't worry! :lol:

Toto: I understand, I'd be more than happy to buy a book you've written! Oh and I don't think we have Barnes and Noble here but I'm sure our other book stockists would have it. :P

♥ Lee

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

Sorry, I've been browsing and paying short visits here but I'm a bit busy these days. I still love you Horatio, don't worry! :lol:

Toto: I understand, I'd be more than happy to buy a book you've written! Oh and I don't think we have Barnes and Noble here but I'm sure our other book stockists would have it. :P

♥ Lee

Oh good news!

*gives Lee a giant hammie bear huggle*

Just think, you could be Toto's Australian book agent and make lots of money! You could then sell the book to a studio and reap the profits from the movie. :lol: Being a sharp business woman, you could then sell it to all the Asian markets and be pushing Toto to begin writing her next book. :lol:

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh good news!

Just think, you could be Toto's Australian book agent and make lots of money! You could then sell the book to a studio and reap the profits from the movie. :lol: Being a sharp business woman, you could then sell it to all the Asian markets and be pushing Toto to begin writing her next book. :lol:

Yay for australia!

Okay, I just wanted to say that. Carry on being on-topic :)

...Oh, and if you're seriously going to sell your books in Aus, too, I need to know the title so I can buy it :P

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

...Oh, and if you're seriously going to sell your books in Aus, too, I need to know the title so I can buy it :P

I just want to clarify that I'm not being stuck-up in any way since I'm not posting my stories. In a case where someone does plagiarize a story off a website, the website can do hardly anything about it. I've been posting chapters to this story on another website, and the other day I received a message saying how the same, exact story had been posted on a different website. I had to contact the person myself, and tell her to take the stories of the internet. I just don't want to have to deal with that anymore. xD

Haha. My stories will probably never be good enough to actually metamorphize into a book. But, I am hoping that I can try. (: Thanks for understanding, all.

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

I just want to clarify that I'm not being stuck-up in any way since I'm not posting my stories. In a case where someone does plagiarize a story off a website, the website can do hardly anything about it. I've been posting chapters to this story on another website, and the other day I received a message saying how the same, exact story had been posted on a different website. I had to contact the person myself, and tell her to take the stories of the internet. I just don't want to have to deal with that anymore. xD

Haha. My stories will probably never be good enough to actually metamorphize into a book. But, I am hoping that I can try. (: Thanks for understanding, all.

I understand completely and respect your wishes.

What HampsterKing has stated is that if you post something on HampsterDance and someone steals it, he will help you deal with the situation. He can document the time and date something was placed here and help you protect your story, poetry or other written or artistic works. This is the reason he does not posters to post other copyrighted works here without prior written permission stating you have the right to do so.

My what a "glowing" signature you have!

I just love the colors. :D

yeah, glowurm, how did you do that?

I found the code for each color from a website.

It has a different colour for each letter.

If you want similar stuff, I could create a topic for making gradients, using -it- of course *pokes the gradienting site*. I take no credit for it though.

I found the code for each color from a website.

It has a different colour for each letter.

If you want similar stuff, I could create a topic for making gradients, using -it- of course *pokes the gradienting site*. I take no credit for it though.

I think a topic for the colors would be great. :D

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

You mean we have two Australians here now? Yay!!! where abouts in Aus? I'm in the state of Victoria, Yeah its cold :P

♥ Lee

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

You mean we have two Australians here now? Yay!!! where abouts in Aus? I'm in the state of Victoria, Yeah its cold :P

⦣8482;? Lee

How come I was not allowed to say the name of the city I'm in? I've said it before :wacko:

♥ Lee

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

⦣8482;? Lee

How come I was not allowed to say the name of the city I'm in? I've said it before :wacko:

♥ Lee

Then I failed at my duties. HampsterKing said no cities, towns or villages.

I thought I did the second best thing by naming the state. I'm sorry.

I can tell you one thing, you and Glowurm do NOT live in the same city.

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

⦣8482;? Lee

�™� Lee

It's true, we don't live in the same city. South Aussie here. *waves in the general direction of victoria* The dryest state of the dryest country.

Thank god I'm not further north. I don't want to be in the dryest city in the dryest state in the dryest country!

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Thats okay, I understand. When the first HD boards began we could say our last names, towns and even the schools we went to. I guess thats pretty dangerous. People could have stalked us so easily :o

♥ Lee

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

You need to be here a bit more Lee! LOL

Sorry, I've been browsing and paying short visits here but I'm a bit busy these days. I still love you Horatio, don't worry! LOL

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Just think, you could be Toto's Australian book agent and make lots of money! You could then sell the book to a studio and reap the profits from the movie. LOL Being a sharp business woman, you could then sell it to all the Asian markets and be pushing Toto to begin writing her next book. LOL

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

Thats okay, I understand. When the first HD boards began we could say our last names, towns and even the schools we went to. I guess thats pretty dangerous. People could have stalked us so easily :o

♥ Lee

Unfortunately you never know who is out there. :(

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

Sorry, I've been browsing and paying short visits here but I'm a bit busy these days. I still love you Horatio, don't worry! LOL

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Just think, you could be Toto's Australian book agent and make lots of money! You could then sell the book to a studio and reap the profits from the movie. LOL Being a sharp business woman, you could then sell it to all the Asian markets and be pushing Toto to begin writing her next book. LOL

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

... TOTO. ...

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

... TOTO. ...

ROFOCLH

... TOTO. ...

ROFOCLH

hehe...

and you forgot someone:

ME!muahahahahahaha!

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

... TOTO. ...

AAAARRRGHHHH! NOOOO! SAVE ME! *hides under the table*

♥ Lee

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

... TOTO. ...

Yeah, you must remember that one time you saw that one thing that I made on that one day program at Skyline College. You're my personal stalker. XD

*nibble-grooms self*

Where are you Toto?

*wants story*

⦣8482;? Lee

⦣8482;? Lee

Oh good news!

Yay for australia!

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

♥ Lee

... TOTO. ...

Yeah, you must remember that one time you saw that one thing that I made on that one day program at Skyline College. You're my personal stalker. XD

I stalk everyone. Until, of course, they find out that I'm following them, or hinding under their bed. Then, things can get messy... and creepy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Chapter XI

Face to Face

I looked at the clock quickly. It was 4 O'clock, May 14th. The trip to Belleville was two hours. I would be able to make it in time. Running to the trashcan, I pulled up a piece of paper.

"C'mon, Eskimo. We're taking a little bit of a road trip," I told the large dog. I quickly grabbed two small suitcases off of the floor. They were filled with the few posessions I cared about ... A handful of pictures, some clothes, my favorite books.

Eskimo happily pranced to the door, glad to get out of the apartment and to be able to ride in the front seat of my car.

---

Pulling up to the circle drive of a large building, I stopped the car. There was a sign above the school that was old and discolored, but it still read, "Belleville High School". There was no mistake. This was the school that I went to for four long years, a place I hadn't been back to in a decade. I unbuckled my seat belt and got out of my car. "Stay here, Eskimo," I said.

As I walked up the steps leading to the front entrance, I remembered all the horrible times of high school that happened on these same steps. Awaking from my trance, I finally reached the double doors. I was pushing my luck, but I tried opening the doors anyway. With a slight push, I was inside of the building, and the door was closing behind me.

I grazed the hallways one by one, trying to remember which locker was mine. The tiled floors were hypnotizing, my steps echoing each time I pressed my foot on the hard ground.

When I finally reached my locker, I slid down onto the ground and cried. I cried in the dark, I really cried, the first time in a very long time. I cried about everything. My family, Kristov, Gerard, everyone. It was all my fault. I screwed up my entire life, and there was nothing I could do about it now.

Slowly but surely, I heard foot steps echoing in the empty school. They were continuous, a rhythmic beat of pitter-patters. Finally, they came to a stop right infront of me.

"I knew you would be here, Ava." It was Gerard.

I didn't speak.

"I also knew that you probably wouldn't talk to me either."

Silence.

"I just wanted to let you know ... I'm sorry. I honesly am."

As if I had brittle bones, I got up very slowly off the floor, making sure I didn't break anything. When I finally got up, I stared at Gerard through my tears. I probably looked horrible and disgusting. I didn't care. My mascara was running, and my nose and cheeks were probably a bright magenta. I still didn't care. I stared a Gerard, I stared at him for a long time. And he stared back, not breaking his gaze.

I turned on my heels, and slowly walked away, stepping on the maze of blue and beige tiles, and going through the double doors once again.

And Gerard stood there, speachless. Not sure what he did. He stood there for awhile, not even sure what to do next. He would find out soon enough, though.

[i like the name Gerard better than Alexi. I think the name Alexi just ruins everything. My next chapter will hopefully be posted tomorrow. Sorry for the crudiness. ]: )