Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Marching Band.

Toto

Oh yes. Had a wonderful day today. Woke up at 5:49, had to be at the school at 6:45 ("If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late." So I really needed to be there at 6:35). Got on a bus for an hour, and stood around for another hour, in uniforms that my parents could have worn if they went to my school when they were in my grade. Walked around, trying to find the spot that we needed to be. Marched for 5 minutes, and went back to the buses. I for one had to carry the high school's banner when they performed. So. Back to marching place. Waited for thirty mintues. Marched for another five. Finally got to go home.

The story of my day. I ended up walking 10.09 miles in the entire three hours I spent at the band day. I hope you enjoyed the story of my day as much as I enjoyed my day. D:

Oh yes. Had a wonderful day today. Woke up at 5:49, had to be at the school at 6:45 ("If you're early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late." So I really needed to be there at 6:35). Got on a bus for an hour, and stood around for another hour, in uniforms that my parents could have worn if they went to my school when they were in my grade. Walked around, trying to find the spot that we needed to be. Marched for 5 minutes, and went back to the buses. I for one had to carry the high school's banner when they performed. So. Back to marching place. Waited for thirty mintues. Marched for another five. Finally got to go home.

The story of my day. I ended up walking 10.09 miles in the entire three hours I spent at the band day. I hope you enjoyed the story of my day as much as I enjoyed my day. D:

Sounds like fun. [yeah right]

Sounds like fun. [yeah right]

Oh. Believe me. It was. Even my six blisters say so. xD

i was in marching band... 9a.m. till 9p.m. we would practice!!! i had to play third bass so when i got home the first day i was like dead!!! i told him to take me off bass and let me continue on tuba so now im gonna march tuba and its all good

At least you didn't have to spend about 5 hours a day practicing marching for two weeks during the summer and then for about 3 hours spread about practicing music. Like my brother. :lol:

Ohhh. That's next year. And we have 7 hours a day for three weeks during the summer. Morning practices too. Along with weekends and set up days. >.<

Yep, I'm in a marching band too. It's pretty boring for the most part because we have to go over the same tunes over and over again. And 3/4 of the tunes are stupid. Songs like Mercy, Mercy, Mercy are fun though :D

Cheerleading and Marching bands, two things I cannot stand, marching bands are Ok, provided it is musical and does not require coreography. Especially marching bands with batons. With furry and sparkly bits on. Cheerleading however, is the worst. Of all time. : :P Naturlich

zomffgg. The baton twirler is the most idiotic person in the world. She constantly does weird things to show off. And she's a cheeleader too. So. We all know what comes out of that.

A word that Horatio would not let me say.

Yep, I'm in a marching band too. It's pretty boring for the most part because we have to go over the same tunes over and over again. And 3/4 of the tunes are stupid. Songs like Mercy, Mercy, Mercy are fun though :D

I play the flute. It's one the cheapest, easiest instruments to play. It's also a known prep instument. Even though songs from Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas sound really nice on it. =/

It's not likely that I'm going to get to play percussion next year. So I'm probably going to quit. >.<

Cheerleading and Marching bands, two things I cannot stand, marching bands are Ok, provided it is musical and does not require coreography. Especially marching bands with batons. With furry and sparkly bits on. Cheerleading however, is the worst. Of all time. : :P Naturlich

zomffgg. The baton twirler is the most idiotic person in the world. She constantly does weird things to show off. And she's a cheeleader too. So. We all know what comes out of that.

A word that Horatio would not let me say.

i have no idea what it is. :rolleyes:

Color guard and marching band are at least sports that are kind of cool. I know a few nice people in color guard. Which is like cheerleading, only with flags and rifles and sabres.

Sounds like Trooping the colour to me. Or alternatively the Cadets on parade. That's alright, better than Cheerleaders. Cheerleaders may have a lower IQ than 1 new research suggests! The latest research carried out the university of Guesswork has revealed that most people who think waving pom-poms and going Yay, in addition to over using the word "like" have suffered from a degenerative brain disorder called "Lack-of-food syndrome", "Brain-dead-moron disorder" and "Future Republican voter syndrome"

Color guard and marching band are at least sports that are kind of cool. I know a few nice people in color guard. Which is like cheerleading, only with flags and rifles and sabres.

Sounds like Trooping the colour to me. Or alternatively the Cadets on parade. That's alright, better than Cheerleaders. Cheerleaders may have a lower IQ than 1 new research suggests! The latest research carried out the university of Guesswork has revealed that most people who think waving pom-poms and going Yay, in addition to over using the word "like" have suffered from a degenerative brain disorder called "Lack-of-food syndrome", "Brain-dead-moron disorder" and "Future Republican voter syndrome"

:lol: LOL :lol:

I think that the rifles and sabres are cool. But I'm gonna be in marching band, seeing as I luff my trumpet and I'm too much of a klutz to be in color guard. :lol:

I play the flute. It's one the cheapest, easiest instruments to play. It's also a known prep instument. Even though songs from Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas sound really nice on it. =/

It's not likely that I'm going to get to play percussion next year. So I'm probably going to quit. >.<

At least you have the choice to quit. Dad won't let me...at least our band director has been approving of our performance, so at least there aren't any bad vibes like usual. :)

What about "ditsy-scatterbrained-airhead syndrome?"

Think of a name that any psychatrist would approve of and there you go, a cheerleader has it.

Think of a name that any psychatrist would approve of and there you go, a cheerleader has it.

I can count six that a psychatrist wouldn't approve of...

Since. You know. I've said them to mine....She gave me this unholy gasp.