Hampsterdance Discussion Board

The Learning Center

Mega Wolf

Since I have plenty of time to think all the time, I use my thinking time to ease my boredom. But one time I overthought, and I thought of actually having a tutoring/school type of thing. So here there will be occasional lessons. Another thing this topic is for is for help with subjects if you're too nervous to ask someone in real life. For example, if you have no clue what an oxymoron is but it's a vocabulary word, someone here can tell you. I shall now await the ignoring of a topic of knowledge.

Since I have plenty of time to think all the time, I use my thinking time to ease my boredom. But one time I overthought, and I thought of actually having a tutoring/school type of thing. So here there will be occasional lessons. Another thing this topic is for is for help with subjects if you're too nervous to ask someone in real life. For example, if you have no clue what an oxymoron is but it's a vocabulary word, someone here can tell you. I shall now await the ignoring of a topic of knowledge.

I am happy we have this Learning Center. I thought oxymoron was a person who became a moron because they consumed too much oxy-gen. :lol::lol::lol:

I am happy we have this Learning Center. I thought oxymoron was a person who became a moron because they consumed too much oxy-gen. :lol::lol::lol:

Hilarious. Emphasis on the LOL. :lol::lol::lol:

I thought you would like that. :D

My friend used to run around calling people "oxymorons", and then I was like, "Do you even know what that means? o_o;;;" and then I had to tell her. XD I think she was thinking along the same lines as you, Horatio.

Sorry to be an :huh: dumb blonde :huh: (see me to join the club) but what IS an oxymoron?

Sorry to be an :huh: dumb blonde :huh: (see me to join the club) but what IS an oxymoron?

It's alright if you don't know. An oxymoron is, simply put, a phrase that contradicts itself. And an example is deafening silence.

Vocabulary Word of the Day(oxymoron was a question. This is volunteered info.):

Uncanny: Basically, it's strange or weird.

Science Quickie Lesson: Humans are omnivores. This means that they are capable of properly digesting both meat and plants. Too much of one thing is not good. For example, in high amounts, potasium can be poisonous.

Awesome idea! :):D

Is there anything specific anyone would like to learn?

Yes. I would like to learn how to make pancakes. Can you teach me that? :unsure:

take a box of pancake mix. make the batter according to the instructions on back of said box. turn the stove onto medium high. Then pour the batter into little circles, (about 5 inches across, or whatever you want really.) When the edges start to bubble, flip the pancake with a spatula. Let it sit for 20- 30 seconds, then check to see if it is done by lifting the edge up. if it sticks, let it sit for a little more. if it is done, repeat the process if you want more. keep them warm in the oven set on its lowest setting, on a plate. now you got (a) pancake(s!)

Yes. I would like to learn how to make pancakes. Can you teach me that? :unsure:

take a box of pancake mix. make the batter according to the instructions on back of said box. turn the stove onto medium high. Then pour the batter into little circles, (about 5 inches across, or whatever you want really.) When the edges start to bubble, flip the pancake with a spatula. Let it sit for 20- 30 seconds, then check to see if it is done by lifting the edge up. if it sticks, let it sit for a little more. if it is done, repeat the process if you want more. keep them warm in the oven set on its lowest setting, on a plate. now you got (a) pancake(s!)

I took your advice and had the best pancakes ever this morning! Of course, the stove made my cage a little warm and I did not make the pancakes 5 inches across ( I am only four inches long!), but I really liked the trick about keeping the pancakes in the oven. You deserve the Black Bat Award for your help.

And, by the way - Kat -, you can never have too much syrup!!! :D

I took your advice and had the best pancakes ever this morning! Of course, the stove made my cage a little warm and I did not make the pancakes 5 inches across ( I am only four inches long!), but I really liked the trick about keeping the pancakes in the oven. You deserve the Black Bat Award for your help.

Oh, but you can. *remembers that day all too well* x_x

thank you! time to edit meh siggy!

In the oven? You put the pancakes in the oven? :huh:

So a "Vegan Carnivore" would be an oxymoron???

Well, not exactly, but you ge the idea. People actually can use an oxymoron that makes sense. "Deafening silence", for example, can be explained. Silence being deafening can be explained as worrisome silence. I think.

On a very low heat setting, just to keep them warm. It worked great!!!!

Wow, I never heard of doing that until Cheeseman said it. :lol:

Wow, I never heard of doing that until Cheeseman said it. :lol:

The best part is all your pancakes are hot at the same time!!!

Heh. Quick lesson here. A bit simple.

The ingredients for a milkshake are ice cream, milk, and the ingredient for flavor. Blend it in a blender or something. I'll tell you how much of each of the 3 ingredients if your need me to. But yeah.

The ingredients for a milkshake are ice cream, milk, and the ingredient for flavor. Blend it in a blender or something. I'll tell you how much of each of the 3 ingredients if your need me to. But yeah.

Speak! :lol:

*gets blender, ice cream, milk and vanilla flavoring*

Okay, okay. :lol:

Uh. I usually eyeball it, so I guess I'll have to guess the measurements, okay? :lol:

I've never made vanilla milkshakes before, but I can guess here. I don't think you need the vanilla flavoring with vanilla ice cream unless you want a little more flavor. I believe that vanilla flavoring is strong, is it not? So only put a little for extra flavor. Like. Little. Anyways, we're talking full blender here. If you want strawberry milkshake, you'll need about 8 of them the size of the CostCo frozen strawberries. Or the equivalent. Chopped. I think that's about 2 cups... For the milk, you need about... 2 cups. Ice cream you will need around 4-6 scoops. Lower end with added fruits and higher end for already flavored ice cream or vanilla shakes. First you should put in the added fruit. Then the ice cream. Then the milk. If there's too much fruit, add more ice cream and/or milk. If the drink is too thick, add more milk. Too this is when it won't pour smoothly or blend smoothly enough after completely blended. If it is too runny for you, add ice cream. Not enough fruit? Feel free to add more. I talk too much.

Uh. I usually eyeball it, so I guess I'll have to guess the measurements, okay? :lol:

I've never made vanilla milkshakes before, but I can guess here. I don't think you need the vanilla flavoring with vanilla ice cream unless you want a little more flavor. I believe that vanilla flavoring is strong, is it not? So only put a little for extra flavor. Like. Little. Anyways, we're talking full blender here. If you want strawberry milkshake, you'll need about 8 of them the size of the CostCo frozen strawberries. Or the equivalent. Chopped. I think that's about 2 cups... For the milk, you need about... 2 cups. Ice cream you will need around 4-6 scoops. Lower end with added fruits and higher end for already flavored ice cream or vanilla shakes. First you should put in the added fruit. Then the ice cream. Then the milk. If there's too much fruit, add more ice cream and/or milk. If the drink is too thick, add more milk. Too this is when it won't pour smoothly or blend smoothly enough after completely blended. If it is too runny for you, add ice cream. Not enough fruit? Feel free to add more. I talk too much.

Okay, who here has messed up their blender attempting this?

Are the measurements off? If so, I'm glad I don't have a blender to mess up...

I've never attempted measuring the ingredients. I always eyeball it and put in the amount I think is right. It always works for me. So I guessed the measurements. They could be off.

I've never attempted measuring the ingredients. I always eyeball it and put in the amount I think is right. It always works for me. So I guessed the measurements. They could be off.

Okay... you are in major big trouble!!!!!!!!!!

It works, and IT WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, it works so great that I have eaten about two gallons of ice cream in the last two days. Ice cream with blueberries, ice cream with strawberries, ice cream with Georgia peaches, ice cream with maple syrup and walnuts... should I continue?????

*is off on a sugar and fat binge*

The problem is, it works so great that I have eaten about two gallons of ice cream in the last two days. Ice cream with blueberries, ice cream with strawberries, ice cream with Georgia peaches, ice cream with maple syrup and walnuts... should I continue?????

So my measurements weren't too far off? Cool! Heh. Maybe you should at least slow down a little bit. :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't tell you how to make a great smoothie. :lol:

Today's Vocabulary:

Vagrant: Someone who wanders from place to place without any one place to stay.

So my measurements weren't too far off? Cool! Heh. Maybe you should at least slow down a little bit. :lol:

Today's Vocabulary:

*gets blender all ready for smoothie instructions*

*hint, hint*

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

Ah, my family went on a smothie making rampage all last summer. But then again, just eyeballing works well for the ingrediants.

2-3 big scoops of vanilla or fruit ice cream

a banana (peeled)

a heaping cup of two types of fruit, frozen(more if you have a big enough blender)

apple juice

any other fruit juices you want.

put everything into a blender. Put all the solid ingrediants in first, and then fill the blender up most of the way with the juices. Blend on high until smooth.

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

Ah, my family went on a smothie making rampage all last summer. But then again, just eyeballing works well for the ingrediants.

a banana (peeled)

a heaping cup of two types of fruit, frozen(more if you have a big enough blender)

apple juice

put everything into a blender. Put all the solid ingrediants in first, and then fill the blender up most of the way with the juices. Blend on high until smooth.

*disappears from sight... the sound of a furious blender is heard in the background* :lol:

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

'Scuse me, but I believe that you are speaking of a shake. A shake has ice cream and smoothies are made with ice.

A real smoothie...

Eyeballing works best, but here are estimated measurements.

Okay, um, if your ice cubes are the dome-ish type, use 8, but if they're the cubish cubes, I'd guess a little more than that...

Some form of base(meaning a solid fruit). About 2 cups of that...

About 2 cups of fruit juice.

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

'Scuse me, but I believe that you are speaking of a shake. A shake has ice cream and smoothies are made with ice.

A real smoothie...

Okay, um, if your ice cubes are the dome-ish type, use 8, but if they're the cubish cubes, I'd guess a little more than that...

*is in Smoothie Heaven* :lol:

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

A real smoothie...

And since smoothies don't have ice cream, it's healthier. :lol:

Speak!

Okay, okay.

Uh. I usually eyeball it, so I guess I'll have to guess the measurements, okay?

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

A real smoothie...

:lol::lol: Ice cream only makes smoothies more decadent! :lol::lol:

Speak!

Okay, okay.

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

A real smoothie...

And you'll be a fat little hamster. :lol:

Speak!

Okay, okay.

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

A real smoothie...

:lol: Ice cream only makes smoothies more decadent! :lol:

I will just have to do a few extra miles in the wheel! :lol:

I'm a smart child. Not really. Here's a small part of a student report I got.

"National comparison

As par of the STAR program, your child took a test called the CAT/6 Survey, which shows how your child performed in basic skills as compared to a sample of students tested throughout the United States. The graphs below use "percentile ranks" to show your child's performance. For example, a percentile rank of 40 in reading means that your child scored as well as or better than 40% of the students tested in the sample. The lowest possible percentile rank is 1, while the highest possible percentile rank is 99."

(graph is shown, but this is what it said)

Reading 94

Language 99

Spelling 99

Mathematics 99

-----------------------

It's nothing special. I mean, look at what's written above and you can realize how many things that you may not notice if you're zooming through. A sample of students. That sample may have been filled with morons. And it's basic skills.

I'm running for band president. We recorded speeches. Grr, my speech stunk. The other two who are guys are much more popular than me. I sound like a guy. I made a fool of myself. The only way I can win is if there are many fools.

I'm running for band president. We recorded speeches. Grr, my speech stunk. The other two who are guys are much more popular than me. I sound like a guy. I made a fool of myself. The only way I can win is if there are many fools.

I wasn't there, but I would probably disagree with you on your speech. One is always hardest on themselves. I think you might have been excellent! You have my vote!!! :D

This is in school, yes? If so it'll probably just be a popularity contest. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but it has always held true in all the schools I've been in, at least. Chances are that the quality of your speech won't matter in the long run.

This is in school, yes? If so it'll probably just be a popularity contest. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but it has always held true in all the schools I've been in, at least. Chances are that the quality of your speech won't matter in the long run.

Besides, the two guys have no competition to your beauty. :D

Speak!

Okay, okay.

Today's Vocabulary:

*hint, hint*

a banana (peeled)

apple juice

A real smoothie...

but a happy one. :lol:

so true.

I would like to learn what type of cheese aloutte is, please. :)

it is a french cheese with herbs that is easily spread, and is very good on fresh french bread.

Thank you. :)

not a problem. you should try some. (the cheese, not problems :lol:)

I would like to learn what type of cheese aloutte is, please. :)

it is a french cheese with herbs that is easily spread, and is very good on fresh french bread.

Thank you. :)

not a problem. you should try some. (the cheese, not problems :lol:)

( :lol: ) Okay. Sounds good.

I wasn't there, but I would probably disagree with you on your speech. One is always hardest on themselves. I think you might have been excellent! You have my vote!!! :D

I wouldn't say excellent. I kinda forgot my speech and had to make it up as I went. XD

Yeah, even though most band people are not the most popular in the world, there are some who are popular. Chase and Zach are much more popular than me, so I think I'll get about 20 out of 200 votes. :lol:

Sorry about separating my posts. Anywho, the little 7th grade girls might go, "Ohmigosh! Chase is like, so hawt!" And then vote for him.

Sorry about separating my posts. Anywho, the little 7th grade girls might go, "Ohmigosh! Chase is like, so hawt!" And then vote for him.

What do they know. Wait until Chase is an old guy... he won't be so "hawt" anymore! :lol:

What do they know. Wait until Chase is an old guy... he won't be so "hawt" anymore! :lol:

Seriously. Anyone who becomes old becomes "unhawt". :lol:

well then they would also be old!

Anyways. I lost. Of course. :lol:  But today I felt better about it 'cause Mrs. K.C.J.(her full initials) said my speech was the most realistic so she would've voted for me.

:( Oh, I am so sorry. :(

The problem is you are NOT a politician, but someone who was realistic about the band situation. People do not want to elect someone who is serious and has a real plan. They want to elect someone who fills their head with pipe dreams and cow chips.

Anyways. I lost. Of course. :lol:  But today I felt better about it 'cause Mrs. K.C.J.(her full initials) said my speech was the most realistic so she would've voted for me.

The problem is you are NOT a politician, but someone who was realistic about the band situation. People do not want to elect someone who is serious and has a real plan. They want to elect someone who fills their head with pipe dreams and cow chips.

Yeah. Well, the Zach won because he's popular. Every one of the candidates running for each of the offices(pres., v.p., treasurer, secr.) I could have guessed. :lol:

Luke: Hi, I'm Luke. I'm running for treasurer. I play trumpet in concert band, vote for me!

I found that to be quite hilarious. He's one of the few populars that are nice.

Yeah. Well, the Zach won because he's popular. Every one of the candidates running for each of the offices(pres., v.p., treasurer, secr.) I could have guessed. :lol:

Luke: Hi, I'm Luke. I'm running for treasurer. I play trumpet in concert band, vote for me!

was that the entirety of the speech?

Yes. And he won. :lol:

Yes. And he won. :lol:

That's funny. (i got a little more time on the compy)

I made a speech like that, once. I didn't want to get elected. >_>;;;

then why were you running?

I was nominated by somebody else.

Speaking of which, we had the "Most Likely To"s for the yearbook today. It's only for the Freshman, so we got to do it this year. According to most people, I've been mostly nominated for "Most likely to become a superhero", "Most likely to race vaccumes underground", and "Most likely to become an Abercrombe model". I told people to put me for that one because I don't wear Abercrombe. XD

Speaking of which, we had the "Most Likely To"s for the yearbook today. It's only for the Freshman, so we got to do it this year. According to most people, I've been mostly nominated for "Most likely to become a superhero", "Most likely to race vaccumes underground", and "Most likely to become an Abercrombe model". I told people to put me for that one because I don't wear Abercrombe. XD

...most likely to race vaccums underground, isn't that from some stupid commercial? :blink::huh::unsure:

...most likely to race vaccums underground, isn't that from some stupid commercial? :blink::huh::unsure:

Probably. Discovering anything origional in my school is a rare occation indeed.

For some reason California starts school a year later than most states...

Or so I've heard. So while I'm stuck in jr. high, I could be in high school.

Hoorah. I figured out that it's that some people start earlier, not we start later.

• 4 months later...

So. Um. Nobody needs to learn and stuff, did this school get burned down or something?

*hides phosphorus, thermite and napalm*

no, who'd to something like that?

*makes "who? me!?" expression*

Our lesson in this burnt school today is. Um. Well. Finding "x". I dunno. Well. Here's an example.

Ex. 1

X-10=24

Who would care to solve that? (someone who doesn't know how to do it)