Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Sick and tired.

Is it just me, or is everyone else tired of all this poopy music contaminating the minds of little children?

Gwen Stephani, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Jojo, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Eminem, G-Unit, RAP, PUNK, POP, HIP-HOP.

My friends, whatever happened to the good rock?

Tool, Rush, Def Leppard, Montley Crue, Anthrax? Even some of this alternative rock is okay. Better than pop.

And while I'm on the topic...what's up with these television shows? They took the good cartoons out and replaced it with filth about "tween's lives and fighting for the separation of kids" or whatever.

The other day I was bored and desided to watch TV. There was nothing on except shows like, "That's So Raven", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", "Danny Phantom" (where a poser thinks she's 'goth'), "Unfabulous", "Lizzie McGuire", "Instant Star", "DeGrassi", MTV, VH1 ect. ect.

Parents wonder why their kids' minds are so messed up. Here's the answer: MUSIC and TV. Don't get me wrong, some music and television is alright. But with this new pop and weird shows about nothing, something must be wrong. 5th graders watching MTV's "Cribs" isn't helping anything.

Parents...save your kids from the nonsense.

Is it just me, or is everyone else tired of all this poopy music contaminating the minds of little children?

Gwen Stephani, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Jojo, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, Good Charlotte, The Killers, Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, The Used, Eminem, G-Unit, RAP, PUNK, POP, HIP-HOP.

Tool, Rush, Def Leppard, Montley Crue, Anthrax? Even some of this alternative rock is okay. Better than pop.

And while I'm on the topic...what's up with these television shows? They took the good cartoons out and replaced it with filth about "tween's lives and fighting for the separation of kids" or whatever.

The other day I was bored and desided to watch TV. There was nothing on except shows like, "That's So Raven", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", "Danny Phantom" (where a poser thinks she's 'goth'), "Unfabulous", "Lizzie McGuire", "Instant Star", "DeGrassi", MTV, VH1 ect. ect.

Parents wonder why their kids' minds are so messed up. Here's the answer: MUSIC and TV.  Don't get me wrong, some music and television is alright. But with this new pop and weird shows about nothing, something must be wrong. 5th graders watching MTV's "Cribs" isn't helping anything.

I like Danny Phantom, but Sam is my least favorite. She's a poser.

I mostly listen to J-Pop and bands nobody has ever heard of, and I know what you mean about all the pre-packaged fluff preventing actual good bands from getting the credit they deserve. The only good thing about most popular bands/singers is that they give Weird Al material to parody.

Parents wonder why their kids' minds are so messed up. Here's the answer: MUSIC and TV.  Don't get me wrong, some music and television is alright. But with this new pop and weird shows about nothing, something must be wrong. 5th graders watching MTV's "Cribs" isn't helping anything.

And all the Nickelodean and Cartoon Network shows have been replaced all the good shows with like horrible drawn toon. I have resorted to watch HGTV all the time now. Oh, and Food Network.

But however, I disagree with you on the music. Gwen Stefani makes good music, and so do The Killers and MCR. All old rock sounds the same to me. Gets boring after a while.

I mostly listen to J-Pop and bands nobody has ever heard of, and I know what you mean about all the pre-packaged fluff preventing actual good bands from getting the credit they deserve. The only good thing about most popular bands/singers is that they give Weird Al material to parody.

J-POP ROCKS! Sorry, had to say that.

And TBFOF, HGTV and Food Network are awesome! :lol:

Actually they really are cool. Quite interesting, some of the shows.

And all the Nickelodean and Cartoon Network shows have been replaced all the good shows with like horrible drawn toon. I have resorted to watch HGTV all the time now. Oh, and Food Network.

But however, I disagree with you on the music. Gwen Stefani makes good music, and so do The Killers and MCR. All old rock sounds the same to me. Gets boring after a while.

I agree with Kat...even though I did look for Shoe Pimp the other day. They're pretty cool.

I don't get why all these little 10 year olds are getting into "MCR". I mean, all they sing about is killing themselves or killing somebody else. (Which...I don't really have a problem with, because I'll never think about killing myself. But 10 year olds don't think about it, and they just do it.) I found My Chemical Romance in 2002. They were okay at first. Now their new album is horrible, and these girl fans always talk about how "hawt" they are. Same with other modern rock bands.

I actually prefer heavy metal and death metal over anything. Practically no one's heard of As I Lay Dying, so it's all good.

I agree with Kat...even though I did look for Shoe Pimp the other day. They're pretty cool.

I don't get why all these little 10 year olds are getting into "MCR". I mean, all they sing about is killing themselves or killing somebody else. (Which...I don't really have a problem with, because I'll never think about killing myself. But 10 year olds don't think about it, and they just do it.) I found My Chemical Romance in 2002. They were okay at first. Now their new album is horrible, and these girl fans always talk about how "hawt" they are. Same with other modern rock bands.

I actually prefer heavy metal and death metal over anything. Practically no one's heard of As I Lay Dying, so it's all good.

Oh My Gosh. I said MCR. Where was my head.

I hope they all pop. They scare me, all goths do. And they're music stinks.

Get real! Ok, for ur information That's So Raven is hilarious, even me, a 19 year old watches it. When i'm at my sister's house I watch the Suit Life of Zack & Cody, very CLEAN funny show. Danny Phantom, BAD, BAD SHOW, HE'S A TOTAL GOTH! I watch Unfabulous with my little sister, it's a great show, but only children over 7 would understand it. My sister that's 9 ADORES Lizzie McGuire, it's a great show! I watch Instant Star and DeGrassi, why would little kids watch it, it's on a Teen channel, duh! Who said little kids watched MTV and VH1, my sister that's 11 is allowed to watch SOME shows on that. I personally love those channels. OMG, 5th graders watching MTV cribs is fine! There's nothing wrong with that show! Tell me what's wrong with that show!

Gwen STEFANI, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Jojo, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, The Killers, and Simple Plan are great. There's nothing wrong with those. The others u listed, yes there's something wrong with those. But tell me what's wrong with these! Never heard any of those singers u like!!!

WHAT'S WRONG WITH U, NOTHING'S WRONG WITH THIS!

Get real! Ok, for ur information That's So Raven is hilarious, even me, a 19 year old watches it. When i'm at my sister's house I watch the Suit Life of Zack & Cody, very CLEAN funny show. Danny Phantom, BAD, BAD SHOW, HE'S A TOTAL GOTH! I watch Unfabulous with my little sister, it's a great show, but only children over 7 would understand it. My sister that's 9 ADORES Lizzie McGuire, it's a great show! I watch Instant Star and DeGrassi, why would little kids watch it, it's on a Teen channel, duh! Who said little kids watched MTV and VH1, my sister that's 11 is allowed to watch SOME shows on that. I personally love those channels. OMG, 5th graders watching MTV cribs is fine! There's nothing wrong with that show! Tell me what's wrong with that show!

Gwen STEFANI, Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Jojo, Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Simpson, The Killers, and Simple Plan are great. There's nothing wrong with those. The others u listed, yes there's something wrong with those. But tell me what's wrong with these! Never heard any of those singers u like!!!

What's wrong with me? The real question is, "What's wrong with you?"

You said so many idiotic things, I must quote yourself and reply to each one.

Get real! Ok, for ur information That's So Raven is hilarious, even me, a 19 year old watches it. When i'm at my sister's house I watch the Suit Life of Zack & Cody, very CLEAN funny show.

Since when do 19 year olds watch shows that are for children 7-12? I find all those shows you watch pointless, and have no good morals. Not everything revolves around the preps, honey. It's time you realize that.

Danny Phantom, BAD, BAD SHOW, HE'S A TOTAL GOTH!

Out of all the stupid things you've said so far, this has to be the stupidest. I'm really getting tired of you, and I'm not afraid to say it, Ms. Ima-labeler-and-proud. Sure, she claimes to be a 'goth'. But she isn't. I don't think she was born a couple of centuries ago.

I watch Unfabulous with my little sister, it's a great show, but only children over 7 would understand it. My sister that's 9 ADORES Lizzie McGuire, it's a great show!

Children under 5 can understand those rediculous shows. A child above seven would find the show stupid. Oh...wait. Does that include all of us, PreppyGirl? Not kid should watch Lizzie McGuire. That show is satanic, and should be taken of television.

I watch Instant Star and DeGrassi, why would little kids watch it, it's on a Teen channel, duh!

You watch those shows? I can't stand them. They're so.. dumb!! And, just to let you know, I've talked to 4th graders who got a sex-education class from Degrassi. Just because it's supposed to be a "Teen Channel" doesn't mean that it stops ten year olds from watching it.

Who said little kids watched MTV and VH1, my sister that's 11 is allowed to watch SOME shows on that. I personally love those channels.

I never said all little kids watch MTV. But the ones I know do. They have no morals and are bad for their developing mind. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my 11 year old to see a half-naked woman in a bikini.

OMG, 5th graders watching MTV cribs is fine! There's nothing wrong with that show! Tell me what's wrong with that show!

I was using MTV's Cribs as an example. Didn't you ever pass english? There are things wrong with other shows. Too many to count, plus I can't remember the name. MTV's blocked at my house, and my house has more maturity then you ever will.

I think you're the only one on this message board that agrees with you. All those people that you listed that as "Grrr8!", are just frauds that can't really sing, so they cover up their voices with electronical devices. There's obviously something wrong with them, because if there wasn't, and more kids were listening to BETTER music, their messed-up minds would be alright. Just for your information, the "singers" that I've listed aren't singers. They're bands. The real music talent.

Change your thoughts real soon and real fast. Cause you're going down hill with the rest of society. Plus...I don't believe that you're really 19. If you were, you'd know who Led Zeppelin was.

Lyke, OMGosh! i lyke, thawt tht u sd tht lizie mcguire nd unfabulous wre lies!

try widening your horizons, that's how I discovered the Hampsters.

BTW:Theodoric the Great was a Goth. them faux-nhilist drama-queen poser-preps can just. do unpleasent things to themselves.

OMG, 5th graders watching MTV cribs is fine! There's nothing wrong with that show! Tell me what's wrong with that show!

I watched that only once and I was not happy about the adult content.

Get real! Ok, for ur information That's So Raven is hilarious, even me, a 19 year old watches it. When i'm at my sister's house I watch the Suit Life of Zack & Cody, very CLEAN funny show.

Since when do 19 year olds watch shows that are for children 7-12? I find all those shows you watch pointless, and have no good morals. Not everything revolves around the preps, honey. It's time you realize that.

Out of all the stupid things you've said so far, this has to be the stupidest. I'm really getting tired of you, and I'm not afraid to say it, Ms. Ima-labeler-and-proud. Sure, she claimes to be a 'goth'. But she isn't. I don't think she was born a couple of centuries ago.

I watch Unfabulous with my little sister, it's a great show, but only children over 7 would understand it. My sister that's 9 ADORES Lizzie McGuire, it's a great show!

Children under 5 can understand those rediculous shows. A child above seven would find the show stupid. Oh...wait. Does that include all of us, PreppyGirl? Not kid should watch Lizzie McGuire. That show is satanic, and should be taken of television.

I watch Instant Star and DeGrassi, why would little kids watch it, it's on a Teen channel, duh!

You watch those shows? I can't stand them. They're so.. dumb!! And, just to let you know, I've talked to 4th graders who got a sex-education class from Degrassi. Just because it's supposed to be a "Teen Channel" doesn't mean that it stops ten year olds from watching it.

Who said little kids watched MTV and VH1, my sister that's 11 is allowed to watch SOME shows on that. I personally love those channels.

I never said all little kids watch MTV. But the ones I know do. They have no morals and are bad for their developing mind. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my 11 year old to see a half-naked woman in a bikini.

I was using MTV's Cribs as an example. Didn't you ever pass english? There are things wrong with other shows. Too many to count, plus I can't remember the name. MTV's blocked at my house, and my house has more maturity then you ever will.

I think you're the only one on this message board that agrees with you. All those people that you listed that as "Grrr8!", are just frauds that can't really sing, so they cover up their voices with electronical devices. There's obviously something wrong with them, because if there wasn't, and more kids were listening to BETTER music, their messed-up minds would be alright. Just for your information, the "singers" that I've listed aren't singers. They're bands. The real music talent.

Change your thoughts real soon and real fast. Cause you're going down hill with the rest of society. Plus...I don't believe that you're really 19. If you were, you'd know who Led Zeppelin was.

Finally someone that agrees with me, and rachel.

I'm guessing 11. She couldnt spell if her "sisters" lives depended on it.

preppygirl945...

I noticed that in your sig you talk about people making adult-oriented posts on this site. I was simply wondering what posts you were talking about. With multiple filters for that sort of thing (Including Horatio, who has yet to let anything of an adult nature slip.), it would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, to post something dangerous to little kids on this site.

Go Hoops!

I like 'Phantom and The Killers, but those othere shows stoopid.

GO TOTO!

Go Hoops!

:D

Go wierd al! and European power metal no one has ever heard of over hear.

Somehow I feel like taking my apologies back from preppygirl. Just a cruel thought.

Its Scary to imagine her as a Moderater.

Sry, But thre is no wbste URLs, Lnks, or thngs lyke tht. Thanx, Preppygirl. That is J-just SCARY.....

Somehow I feel like taking my apologies back from preppygirl. Just a cruel thought.

Sry, But thre is no wbste URLs, Lnks, or thngs lyke tht. Thanx, Preppygirl. That is J-just SCARY.....

I know. Really freaky. Maybe someone should tell HK that we don't find her fit to be a mod.

That is a pretty cruel thought...

I would too, but I really don't care. Apologies don't matter too much.

Especially after bashing her that much.

I know. Really freaky. Maybe someone should tell HK that we don't find her fit to be a mod.

Before anyone is considered to be a mod, they needs to post continuously for six months.

Deathly shocking, but I agree with her on this. There really is nothing wrong with that show. Maybe a curse here and there, but not that bad.

Before anyone is considered to be a mod, they needs to post continuously for six months.

They really needs to post for six months continually? Cool. Sounds like a good amount of time. But if she doesn't become a mod, da Horatio will still have lotsa work!

By the way, the "they needs" part I found pretty funny. Somehow it sounds like something Arkcher would say when he's being funny. :lol:

They really needs to post for six months continually? Cool. Sounds like a good amount of time. But if she doesn't become a mod, da Horatio will still have lotsa work!

By the way, the "they needs" part I found pretty funny. Somehow it sounds like something Arkcher would say when he's being funny. :lol:

:lol: I cannot slip anything past you. :lol:

That is the outcome when you try and edit yourself. :P

Deathly shocking, but I agree with her on this. There really is nothing wrong with that show. Maybe a curse here and there, but not that bad.

Who knows, maybe Hoops saw an episode that had extra content. Also, I don't find it "fine" that there are some 10-year-olds and under extending their vocabulary with cuss words. Really. One time in elementary school I heard someone who appeared to be in 1st or 2nd grade say s***. I don't think it's fine. And in 1st grade, a person I knew whispered to me that, "the purple teletubbie is gay". Edit that if you wish, Horatio.

Who knows, maybe Hoops saw an episode that had extra content. Also, I don't find it "fine" that there are some 10-year-olds and under extending their vocabulary with cuss words. Really. One time in elementary school I heard someone who appeared to be in 1st or 2nd grade say s***. I don't think it's fine. And in 1st grade, a person I knew whispered to me that, "the purple teletubbie is gay". Edit that if you wish, Horatio.

When my cousin was in the 1st grade he got kicked off the bus for saying #### you to some kid on the bus. And his parents let him watch that junk.

While we were at the movies last week, I saw some kids around nine talking and stuff, then one of the girls punched somebody in the face for no reason at all and the kid she punched was all, "#### YOU, #####!"

I almost yelled at them both. >_>;;; There were little kids in that area (There was what looked to be a five-year-old with them, too.), and they were not all that old, either.

[Horatio, feel free to edit this post.]

When my cousin was in the 1st grade he got kicked off the bus for saying #### you to some kid on the bus. And his parents let him watch that junk.

Exactly the point. Other than the parents and other various adults, where do kids get these words? Sheesh.

I almost yelled at them both. >_>;;; There were little kids in that area (There was what looked to be a five-year-old with them, too.), and they were not  all that old, either.

[Horatio, feel free to edit this post.]

If you had yelled at them, you probably would have heard more than you desired. And none of it nice. :(

Exactly the point. Other than the parents and other various adults, where do kids get these words? Sheesh.

Sadly, quite a few of the words and behavior are learned at home. Next on the list, is school.

Sadly, quite a few of the words and behavior are learned at home. Next on the list, is school.

Then it's TV, music, and videos. When I moved here in the 3rd grade, everyone was talking about how they were watching American Pie and Scream...O_O

Then it's TV, music, and videos. When I moved here in the 3rd grade, everyone was talking about how they were watching American Pie and Scream...O_O

Why would anybody want to watch those? They look painfully idiodic.

Why would anybody want to watch those? They look painfully idiodic.

Like most things around. I mean...if I had to choose any rated-R movie to take my kid to, I'd be Silence of the Lambs or House of 1000 Corpses. At least they have morals. ~.~ (That was sarcasm...)

When I went to a Haunted Hayride when I was 8, there was this kid, and he was like 9.

Him- Ah this **** is soo ******* fake. M***** ******. G. **** I want my ******* money back. **** this **** *******.

My mom got ..MAD. And had to talk to him. Then he's like, **** no lady. You aint my ******* mother. Dont tell me what to do *****

I know some editing will probably need to be done.

When I went to a Haunted Hayride when I was 8, there was this kid, and he was like 9.

Him- Ah this **** is soo ******* fake. M***** ******. G. **** I want my ******* money back. **** this **** *******.

My mom got ..MAD. And had to talk to him. Then he's like, **** no lady. You aint my ******* mother. Dont tell me what to do *****

Wow. O_O Cussing has always been worse in certain places.

Wow. O_O Cussing has always been worse in certain places.

yeah. What did your mom do after he cussed her out?

Y'know, I was at some Play area when My Mom was working out once. There was this Little kid, prolly 3 yearsold. He couldent speak, and was very crude. He prolly said some Swearing to, I just couldent understand him.

Edited by Horatio

A lot of stuff I listen to, Like pink Floyd and the Rolling stones, Are bands people know. My Favorite bands list is short because Most of my CD's are various Artists ones. Im not Sure anyones heard of the Shins, Wilco, The Flaming Lips or Candy Coburn. I used to like Frankie smith, A VERY old aretsist from a long time ago but the Cd i have has 3 good songs on it. bleh. Pop and Rap are Icky. e_e I resort to listening to Classic Rock and Dance and Tecnho. Id rather listen to pop than Country or Polka. or Dirge. Dirge is terrible.

quite right, I wonder who knows the answer to this question besides me.

What did Robert Moog contribute to modern music?

*raises paw, wildly waving it*

I know, I know! May I please answer?

*points at Horatio* I have no idea, Lexxy Man. x_x

*gives a hint*

Starts with an S.

*gives a hint*

Starts with an S.

I thought he meant when...

You don't mind me answering do you, Horatio? (:

He created the first playable modern configurable music synthesizer called the "Moog synthesizer".

*gives a hint*

Starts with an S.

He created the first playable modern configurable music synthesizer called the "Moog synthesizer".

You get an A triple plus! Excellent. Lexxscrapham will be so very proud of you.

*gives a hint*

Starts with an S.

You get an A triple plus! Excellent. Lexxscrapham will be so very proud of you.

Yes! Now. If I can get my teachers to give me an A triple plus for an answer of that subject, and I'll be good. (:

I skipped last three pages.

Hey, guess what?

I agree, Toto!

:)B)

♥

The way I see it, the world is a contantly changing place. Sometimes you have to be strong and change with it, otherwise you get left behind, only the strongest survive. YOU should not judge people on what they listen to or what they watch on the television, let them choose what they want to listen and watch even thought you don't like it yourself. Evry era has its music "one hit wonders" and T.V and movie "flops". However, they also have musical legends and historic movies/television programmes. My dad ( whom i look up to as a mentor ) tells me to keep an open mind to the changeing world, he tells me to listen to all different types of music from many different times and places. There is more out there than what is in the on T.V and magazines and such. So lend your eyes and ears to the rest of the world, you just might discover something you never knew....

The way I see it, the world is a contantly changing place. Sometimes you have to be strong and change with it, otherwise you get left behind, only the strongest survive. YOU should not judge people on what they listen to or what they watch on the television, let them choose what they want to listen and watch even thought you don't like it yourself. Evry era has its music "one hit wonders" and T.V and movie "flops". However, they also have musical legends and historic movies/television programmes. My dad ( whom i look up to as a mentor ) tells me to keep an open mind to the changeing world, he tells me to listen to all different types of music from many different times and places. There is more out there than what is in the on T.V and magazines and such. So lend your eyes and ears to the rest of the world, you just might discover something you never knew....

like the spanish channel can be fun!

• 1 year later...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Preppygirl was...not very smart or defending.

Around the time Toto weeded her out, she and her "Sisters" had disappeared because we were always reminding them of their stupidity.

She showed up a little while later under a different identity, weeded her out that time, she left, and came back as Preppygirl and left after one post.

I wish she was still here. We've had no one to make fun of.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

I feel this tawpeek should be brought back.

Thanks for that, MK. :D

This topic reminded me of how much of a funny person I was. ... I wonder where that went, anyways.

Ah well. It's probably with all my hopes and dreams somewhere underneath my bed.

This topic reminded me of how much of a funny person I AM. ... I wonder where that went, anyways.

Ah well. It's probably with all my hopes and dreams somewhere underneath my bed.

When you let it out... you are the funniest with a phenomenal sense of humor. :D

This topic reminded me of how much of a funny person I was. ... I wonder where that went, anyways.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*the Final Cut*~*

Your welcome. XD

Sadly, TV and Music has just gotten worse since then. o_o

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*the Astronomy Domine*~*