Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Hmmm... Horatio

My hamster looks like he's getting bald spots. His fur recently changed color and I don't know. Never had a hammy before this one. :)  :D Is that normal?

I have one with bald spots. Answer these questions please:

1. What kind of bedding do you use?

2. How old is your hammie?

3. Have you changed anything recently, bedding, sleep stuff, food, anything at all?

My hamster looks like he's getting bald spots. His fur recently changed color and I don't know. Never had a hammy before this one. :)  :D Is that normal?

3. Have you changed anything recently, bedding, sleep stuff, food, anything at all?

1 Crittercare (Superior odor control if that counts for anything)

2 One year

3 Nope. But we did leave him at our house with a family friend watching him while we were on vacation. But she checked back with us every day telling us that he was doing great.

2 One year

3 Nope. But we did leave him at our house with a family friend watching him while we were on vacation. But she checked back with us every day telling us that he was doing great.

1. Crittercare... what is this? Is it white? It is not the Carefresh Ultra Bedding that is white is it? This is really, really important.

2. A youngster. Good.

3. When did you go and was his bald spot there when you returned?

4. How often do you get him out of his cage and play with him?

I have one hammie you has a bald spot. I had been trying to figure out what I did wrong or what was different. She is much older, so this could be her problem, but the rest of her hair is full and beautiful. Her bald spot is on her hip. Previously I had two hammies who lost all their fur because of Carefresh Ultra (the white bedding). It is bleached to make it white and therefore deadly to hammies. Some have an immediate reaction and some take much longer. I threw that in the garbage so fast a lightning bolt would look slow. :lol:

2 One year

1. Crittercare... what is this? Is it white? It is not the Carefresh Ultra Bedding that is white is it? This is really, really important.

2. A youngster. Good.

I have one hammie you has a bald spot. I had been trying to figure out what I did wrong or what was different. She is much older, so this could be her problem, but the rest of her hair is full and beautiful. Her bald spot is on her hip. Previously I had two hammies who lost all their fur because of Carefresh Ultra (the white bedding). It is bleached to make it white and therefore deadly to hammies. Some have an immediate reaction and some take much longer. I threw that in the garbage so fast a lightning bolt would look slow. :lol:

1 No. Gray.

3 Illinois. His fur looks like it's thinning (since a few weeks ago)

4 I try to every night. During vacation, our friend didn't play with him as she came in the morning.

All their hair?! Wow. That must look disturbing. Faster than the speed of light? Whoa.

2 One year

2. A youngster. Good.

1 No. Gray.

4 I try to every night. During vacation, our friend didn't play with him as she came in the morning.

All their hair?! Wow. That must look disturbing. Faster than the speed of light? Whoa.

1. The gray one is good. I would read the package and see if there are any chemicals. How long have you used the gray bedding? Aspen is the best. NO cedar or pine. The scents give hammies respiratory problems.

2. When did you go on holiday and for how long?

3. I need to think on this.

4. Hammies get used to a routine and he probably was upset that you were not there for him.

2 One year

2. A youngster. Good.

1 No. Gray.

1. The gray one is good. I would read the package and see if there are any chemicals. How long have you used the gray bedding? Aspen is the best. NO cedar or pine. The scents give hammies respiratory problems.

2. When did you go on holiday and for how long?

3. I need to think on this.

4. Hammies get used to a routine and he probably was upset that you were not there for him.

1 Since we got him, eight months ago. Okay.

2 (I thought that was an odd question!) The 20th. Came back the third.

4 Okay. Thanks for your help. :):D

My hammy has a moderately sized bald spot on his back now. :(

i be sad!!! ummm i wanna see a pic of him if thats ok! actually no one of these days will come over (if u invite me)! and i WILL see him/her peanut right? i keep thinking chocolate chip for some reason

Mullaypop, show me a picture of your hammie and his bald spot.

Hoops... come on over. I will pick you up! :lol::lol::lol: Are you good at cleaning hammie cages?

i be sad!!! ummm i wanna see a pic of him if thats ok! actually no one of these days will come over (if u invite me)! and i WILL see him/her peanut right? i keep thinking chocolate chip for some reason

Hoops... come on over. I will pick you up! :lol::lol::lol: Are you good at cleaning hammie cages?

:lol: Yeah! I bet I can clean 'em as good as anything! Peanut's isn't hard! :lol:

BTW, Horatio, she was commenting on my hammie. :)

:lol: Yeah! I bet I can clean 'em as good as anything! Peanut's isn't hard! :lol:

*shakes head*

I am so tired today, I am getting everything mixed up! My apologies. Can you take a pic of your hammie?

*shakes head*

I am so tired today, I am getting everything mixed up! My apologies. Can you take a pic of your hammie?

It's okay. You work hard. I don't have a working camera or a scanner, so I can't. :(

*shakes head*

It's okay. You work hard. I don't have a working camera or a scanner, so I can't. :(

*lends Hoops a digital camera*

*shakes head*

*lends Hoops a digital camera*

*waits for FedEx to come* :):D

2 One year

2. A youngster. Good.

A hamster who owns a hamster? Oh well, im a cat who owns 3 cats.

2 One year

2. A youngster. Good.

A hamster who owns a hamster? Oh well, im a cat who owns 3 cats.

I Y You all
Love you too MK! I love everybody! :):D

• 3 weeks later...
We went to the vet today. Peanut has demodectic mange. :(

And in english that means he...

Has some kind of mite in his skin and we are taking him for overnight treatments. If he doesn't get them he will die. Do I need to find a source to copy and paste from?

Awhh. Poor, wait wait, wha'ts your hammy's name?

Has some kind of mite in his skin and we are taking him for overnight treatments. If he doesn't get them he will die. Do I need to find a source to copy and paste from?

:lol: Would Planter's be a close enough hint? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

:lol: Would Planter's be a close enough hint? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

I personally think the bold and big sienna colored print was a better hint. :lol:

I didn't look at that. Sorry.

I like Planter's peanuts.

I like Planter's peanuts.

Woohoo!