Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Lovely weather we're having...

It's 60 degrees now!! Holy howl, I've already shed what little undercoat I was growing for the winter. This is going to mess me up when...if the snow comes.

My English teacher saw on TV that there were cherry blossoms blooming already. Unfortunately they are most likely going to die before winter ends. :( And they might not be able to come back in the spring. What happens if the trees start to sprout leaves this month? It's kind of scary.

What the heck is going on here? Did Connecticut decide to get an ecosystem independent of the rest of the world?

I dunno, but this is pretty messed up. (of course now that we're all complaining about the lack of cold we're probably going to have a week-long blizzard and God will say, "Hey, you asked for it.") :rolleyes:

And I will say thanks. xD

But it is in the mid-6os, which is horrible and makes me sad.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 60 degrees now!! Holy howl, I've already shed what little undercoat I was growing for the winter. This is going to mess me up when...if the snow comes.

My English teacher saw on TV that there were cherry blossoms blooming already. Unfortunately they are most likely going to die before winter ends. :( And they might not be able to come back in the spring. What happens if the trees start to sprout leaves this month? It's kind of scary.

What the heck is going on here? Did Connecticut decide to get an ecosystem independent of the rest of the world?

I dunno, but this is pretty messed up. (of course now that we're all complaining about the lack of cold we're probably going to have a week-long blizzard and God will say, "Hey, you asked for it.") :rolleyes:

And I will say thanks. xD

But it is in the mid-6os, which is horrible and makes me sad.

You could always move to Montana or North Dakota! Or even up to Canada with Arkcher. LOL

As usual, here there is weather. And what kind of weather? Oh, cold-ish in the morning and warmish now. It's so-so.

Yay cold weather. xD

It makes our family have more money, so that is always good. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's really nice out now, like up in the 40's and sunny. ^_^ All the snow is melting though, and it's turning all non-paved areas of our campus into a swamp. :wacko:

I am sad to see all this wonderful snow melting. Cause we had a layer of crusty ice on top, so you didn't even leave footprints. And it made for supreme sledding, I must say. but like, 7 people died around maryland, all from sledding accidents. D=

It's really nice out now, like up in the 40's and sunny. ^_^ All the snow is melting though, and it's turning all non-paved areas of our campus into a swamp. :wacko:

I am sad to see all this wonderful snow melting. Cause we had a layer of crusty ice on top, so you didn't even leave footprints. And it made for supreme sledding, I must say. but like, 7 people died around maryland, all from sledding accidents. D=

How sad for those young people to lose their lives. :(

A few people that weren't young, as well. 57 year old man (hit the only tree in the field), some old lady, and I think more.

A few people that weren't young, as well. 57 year old man (hit the only tree in the field), some old lady, and I think more.

As for the old ones... good thing they removed themselves from the gene pool. LOL

As for the old ones... good thing they removed themselves from the gene pool. LOL

aw, horatio. That is mean. They had kids, brothers and sisters, maybe grandchildren. Don't go turning heartless on us.

aw, horatio. That is mean. They had kids, brothers and sisters, maybe grandchildren. Don't go turning heartless on us.

Have you ever heard of the Darwin Awards? LOL

yes, but that was intentional stupidity. I know doesn't seem as serious when it is far away, but think about how their family must feel.

yes, but that was intentional stupidity. I know doesn't seem as serious when it is far away, but think about how their family must feel.

One less mouth to feed. LOL

*shakes head*

You seem unusually cynical today, Horatio.

*shakes head*

ROFOCLH!!!

*thinks Cheesemaster is far too serious*

*shakes head*

ROFOCLH!!!

Well, I don't find death to be a laughing matter.

*shakes head*

ROFOCLH!!!

Well, I don't find death to be a laughing matter.

I apologize.

yesterday it was 40 degrees so i wore a short sleeve t-shirt =)

Short sleeved t-shirt???????????

You North Dakota people are crazy!!!

I wore a t-shirt and shorts today.

The snow was all melty. >.>

And the girls were all freezey. xD

Crazy cheese. LOL

Crazy cheese. LOL

>:-D

I <3 my +20 resistance to cold.

• 3 weeks later...

What's this?! It was 75 here on Wednesday! 75! And Sunday was only 28. Then today it dropped down to 40 today, and tomorrow we are support to get "8 to 12 inches of snow expected".

What is with this weather?

According to the weather channel online site, we set a record.

High Low Precip

blank.gifblank.gif Actuals 75°F 35°F 0.11 in. blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif Averages 46°F 25°F -- blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif Records 74°F

(1957) 10°F

(1998) --

What's this?! It was 75 here on Wednesday! 75! And Sunday was only 28. Then today it dropped down to 40 today, and tomorrow we are support to get "8 to 12 inches of snow expected".

What is with this weather?

According to the weather channel online site, we set a record.

High Low Precip

blank.gifblank.gif Actuals 75°F 35°F 0.11 in. blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif Averages 46°F 25°F -- blank.gifblank.gifblank.gif Records 74°F

(1957) 10°F

(1998) --

You are going to be cold today! LOL

We got lotsa snow here while I was stuck at my grandma's. So now it's chilly out, and the campus is covered in melting snow and will probably turn into a swap within a week. :rolleyes:

The good thing about a cold swamp is there are no mosquitoes! :lol:

We got lotsa snow here while I was stuck at my grandma's. So now it's chilly out, and the campus is covered in melting snow and will probably turn into a swap within a week. :rolleyes:

Well, it's supposed to get into the 60's by the end of the week. Our campus has some serious drainage problems though. You would think that with the $35 grand a year I spend here they'd be able to fix that... <_<

Well, it's supposed to get into the 60's by the end of the week. Our campus has some serious drainage problems though. You would think that with the $35 grand a year I spend here they'd be able to fix that... <_>

:lol: True. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Right now it's absolutely boring. A drought could never be so average. All I can say is thank the lord that I don't live in Melbourne. I like it there but the weather is nuts. On an average day, it will go through almost every type of weather except snow.

As my hamster body has a solar battery instead of blood, I need a constant supply of sun. LOL

Melbourne is not the place for me.

Right now it's absolutely boring. A drought could never be so average. All I can say is thank the lord that I don't live in Melbourne. I like it there but the weather is nuts. On an average day, it will go through almost every type of weather except snow.

As my hamster body has a solar battery instead of blood, I need a constant supply of sun. LOL

You should still go there.

You should still go there.

Absolutely! I want to visit ALL of Australia. :)

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

It's been raining like every day here, and that's bad because the A.D. needs to hold a meeting and we can't hold meeting when it rains. The reason for this is because meetings are held either (a. Under The Library stairs or (b. at McDonalds. We usually hold them under the stairs because we can't drive yet (Not legally, anyway).

And the ground under the stairs gets muddy, and since there is no room to stand, we have to sit and then out pants would get muddy. (JR slipped and fell in mud once and had mud dripping out of his shorts down his leg and it looked like he had severe accident).

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

It's been raining like every day here, and that's bad because the A.D. needs to hold a meeting and we can't hold meeting when it rains. The reason for this is because meetings are held either (a. Under The Library stairs or (b. at McDonalds. We usually hold them under the stairs because we can't drive yet (Not legally, anyway).

And the ground under the stairs gets muddy, and since there is no room to stand, we have to sit and then out pants would get muddy. (JR slipped and fell in mud once and had mud dripping out of his shorts down his leg and it looked like he had severe accident).

:lol::blush::lol:

That I would like to have seen.

There's so much rain here that all the streets are flooded, and a number of the major roads are shut down. Maybe we'll have no class tomorrow...

LOL... wishful thinking. LOL

Well, it's sort of a wintry mix now. There's actually some snow on the ground. o.O Still no cancelled classes though.

He said he would punch me in the boob if I tried to take a cruddy cell phone picture.

Did you see my new Ramones picture?

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*TheAstronomy Domine*~*

He said he would punch me in the boob if I tried to take a cruddy cell phone picture.

Did you see my new Ramones picture?

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*TheAstronomy Domine*~*

Nice guy... LOL

Of course, I saw your new siggy picture.

There's so much rain here that all the streets are flooded, and a number of the major roads are shut down. Maybe we'll have no class tomorrow...

LOL... wishful thinking. LOL

Well, it's sort of a wintry mix now. There's actually some snow on the ground. o.O Still no cancelled classes though.

*realizes just one more time, the benefits of living in Florida* :)

The weather today is Don Henley. >(

Not really, although that would be funny if Don Henleys suddenly started falling from the sky. It's really hot today.

• 2 months later...
I hate cold weather.  

So, do I!  I do not like it below 80F.  

And I do not like it above 40.

:eek  :eek  :eek  :eek  :eek  :eek  

Just thinking about below 40 sends chills through my body!

Horatio, just what part of the country do you live in? I live in new England. As for temps, either below freezing (so it snows) or above 60 degrees F.

:laughing  Warm, sunny, warm, Florida.  Not too far from Cape Canaveral on the east and Disney on the west.  Warm, warm, warm!!!   What state do you live in?  Did you know that New Hampsthire has one of the coldest locations in the USA?  If is where they do quite a bit of equipment weather testing.   :eek

I think disney is south of me, or north. I think Orlanda is south so that makes disney south. I like when my dad takes me to his work and i sit outside watching Daytona races.

No races for me. Too noisy!!!

<font color='#8D38C9'>
I hate cold weather.

So, do I! I do not like it below 80F.

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Horatio, just what part of the country do you live in? I live in new England. As for temps, either below freezing (so it snows) or above 60 degrees F.

:laughing Warm, sunny, warm, Florida. Not too far from Cape Canaveral on the east and Disney on the west. Warm, warm, warm!!! What state do you live in? Did you know that New Hampsthire has one of the coldest locations in the USA? If is where they do quite a bit of equipment weather testing. :eek</font>

I think disney is south of me, or north. I think Orlanda is south so that makes disney south. I like when my dad takes me to his work and i sit outside watching Daytona races.

too boring and repetetive for me. xD

I hate cold weather.

So, do I! I do not like it below 80F.

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

:laughing Warm, sunny, warm, Florida. Not too far from Cape Canaveral on the east and Disney on the west. Warm, warm, warm!!! What state do you live in? Did you know that New Hampsthire has one of the coldest locations in the USA? If is where they do quite a bit of equipment weather testing. :eek

too boring and repetetive for me. xD

That too.