Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Misinterpreted / Misheard Lyrics

I'm hoping people knew what "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz was about. :lol: Still hilarious. "I'm happy...I'm feeling glad I got sunshine in a bag..."

Puff the Magic Dragon, We All Live in a Yellow Submarine...

I'm hoping people knew what "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz was about. :lol: Still hilarious. "I'm happy...I'm feeling glad I got sunshine in a bag..."

Puff the Magic Dragon, We All Live in a Yellow Submarine...

The people that wrote Puff the Magic Dragon have said a whole lotta times that they didn't mean drugs. I'm not sure if I beleive them.

There's this one Captain Jack song that is called "Boy oh Boy", but a lot of people thought that the h was an n. >_>;;;

I mean, really, what do you do with strings, ceiling wax, and other 'fancy' stuff?

sealing wax is what they used to close envelopes before they invented lickable glue. the real question is, what do they mean by "other toys."?

then there's "louie louie." Louie clearly had to go somewhere, but where, or why may never be known.

Ha. Sorry. No idea what I was thinking when I posted that.

Puff, the magic dragon, lived by the sea

And frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honalee.

Little Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff

And brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff, oh

Together they would travel on boat with billowed sail

Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail

Noble kings and princes would bow whene'er they came

Pirate ships would lower their flags when Puff roared out his name, oh

CHORUS

A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys

Painted wings and giants's rings make way for other toys.

One grey night it happened, Jackie Paper came no more

And Puff that mighty dragon, he ceased his fearless roar.

His head was bent in sorrow, green scales fell like rain

Puff no longer went to play along the cherry lane.

Without his lifelong friend, Puff could not be brave

So, Puff that mighty dragon sadly slipped into his cave, oh

• 2 weeks later...

CHORUS

oh I hate that song so much, I had to sing it every day in music class last year!!

:o Down with Puff

I have the movie somewhere. It's bad quality tapage, though.

we watched it, the horror!~

heehee, I liked it until I remembered I was too old.

• 2 weeks later...

CHORUS

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!

*is scared of these songs*

*wonders why an animated dragon with allusions to drug use would be praised as a good children's mascot*

*laughs for no reason*

:)B)

*wonders why a show catering to preschoolers that could be summed up as "a homosexual, a black, a woman and a straight white guy living together peacefully" would be so D~ controversial in this day and age*

*remembers his own childhood being largely monopolised by some loud guy who screamed a lot, his talking furniture, a giant canary, and various semi-anthromorphic hairballs that sometimes speak in tounges.*

Face it, Without Psychedelics, Children's Television as we know it probably wouldn't exist.

*wonders why a show catering to preschoolers that could be summed up as "a homosexual, a black, a woman and a straight white guy living together peacefully" would be so D~ controversial in this day and age*

*remembers his own childhood being largely monopolised by some loud guy who screamed a lot, his talking furniture, a giant canary, and various semi-anthromorphic hairballs that sometimes speak in tounges.*

Face it, Without Psychedelics, Children's Television as we know it probably wouldn't exist.

*wonders what show that is, the show with the four people living together*

huh?

huh?

the videobellies or something like that, purple, red, green and yellow things. have a unnerving habbit of sayoing "uh, oh." at innoportune moments. I only watched one episode, because my sanity was starting to smoke a little near the end, so I decided not to risk another one.

huh?

the videobellies or something like that, purple, red, green and yellow things. have a unnerving habbit of sayoing "uh, oh." at innoportune moments. I only watched one episode, because my sanity was starting to smoke a little near the end, so I decided not to risk another one.

Ah. The teletubbies. Strange, I know.

If you think puff the dragon is on crack (or sealing wax) then you haven't seen the evil/high/manicall/hypnotic/drugged/subliminal BOOHBAH err I think thats how it's spelt...it might be boobah or boohba or booba...I am not sure, BUT IT IS CREEPY!

It's on PBS kids / LPB EWWWWWWW CREEEPY UGH! I will try and find a picture of one...

Well my CP still ain't workin' so i say to thee...look it up on the internet.

If you think puff the dragon is on crack (or sealing wax) then you haven't seen the evil/high/manicall/hypnotic/drugged/subliminal BOOHBAH err I think thats how it's spelt...it might be boobah or boohba or booba...I am not sure, BUT IT IS CREEPY!

It's on PBS kids / LPB EWWWWWWW CREEEPY    UGH! I  will try and find a picture of one...

for some reason, my baby bro Matt has one. The blue boobah.

They're phalic.

It's on PBS kids / LPB EWWWWWWW CREEEPY    UGH! I  will try and find a picture of one...

boohbahs are so stupid and scary, there funny.

for some reason, my baby bro Matt has one. The blue boobah.

Does it wiggle and make weird noises when you press it? Oh and if you EVER want to watch Boohba it comes on at 11:00 (A.M.) central time. EWWWWW

No. It's just the stuffer. Yeah, it's on at noon here. I think. W/E!!! It's a lame name, and I'm sixteen!

AHHH! NOT THE BOOBAHS! They're major creepy.

Got dat rite!

I have observed the boohba's and Mr.Man and Mrs.Lady and the other people...I have come up with a few questions...

1) Why do they (boohbahs) sleep in magical spoons?

2)What is with the magical swirling colors everywhere?

3)When I was watching and observing this show I realized I was in a trance. I couldn't change the channel. Why?

4)How much do they get paid to be on the show?

5)How do Boohbah's fly?

6)What is with the sacrifice to the boohbahs? Ya know when the kids dance around the toy chest and a magical toy floats out of it and goes to GrandPapa and GrandMama and the others

7)Why is it they have a game where you bounce a chinese woman on a bunch of chairs???? Ugh Now dont get me started on Lazy Town (I have not watched a whole episode yet...)

attack of the boobahs!!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That picture is great. As this is an original art forum, I need to make sure that you drew the picture as we do not want to violate any copyright laws. Please let me know. Thanks.

That picture is great. As this is an original art forum, I need to make sure that you drew the picture as we do not want to violate any copyright laws. Please let me know. Thanks.

No, those are actual boobahs.

Thank you.

Thank you.

That was quick moderating.

Thank you.

That was quick moderating.

And I am getting off now to eat dinner and study. See you later this evening. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Skwerlhugger Will

you know the song santa baby....

well when i was about 7... i used to sing " santa baby a 64 caliber too, light blue" insted of 64 convertable... for those who dont know, they dont have a 64 caliber and if they did it would be like a gun for killing elephants... any way yes...

also when i was about 4... i asked my mom to "sing the song about the sad dead bunny" because i thought my bonnie lies over the ocean was my bunny lies over the ocean... still... poor poor bunny...rar...

well when i was about 7... i used to  sing " santa baby a 64 caliber too, light blue" insted of 64 convertable... for those who dont know, they dont have a 64 caliber and if they did it would be like a gun for killing elephants... any way yes... 

also when i was about 4... i asked my mom to "sing the song about the sad dead bunny" because i thought my bonnie lies over the ocean was my bunny lies over the ocean... still... poor poor bunny...rar...

:lol: LOL :lol:

well when i was about 7... i used to  sing " santa baby a 64 caliber too, light blue" insted of 64 convertable... for those who dont know, they dont have a 64 caliber and if they did it would be like a gun for killing elephants... any way yes... 

:lol: three words. L. O. L.

Hilarious. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
then, of course there are those songs you hear exactly right, but refuse to beleive that you did.

A good example of this catagory is "LOLA"

yep, you heard it right.

{exerpt deleted to protect impressionable young minds- *~.(lexx's alter ego)}

then, of course there are those songs you hear exactly right, but refuse to beleive that you did.

yep, you heard it right.

*wants to hear it anyway*

• 2 weeks later...

yep, you heard it right.

I think it's by the Kinks, find your local classic rock station, and give them a call. they might be able to throw it on for you.

yep, you heard it right.

I think it's by the Kinks, find your local classic rock station, and give them a call. they might be able to throw it on for you.

LOLA by The Kinks is correct.

yep, you heard it right.

gah. too much work.. i will just look it up on google. ^.^

yep, you heard it right.

Erm...Lola ia a man?...

yep, you heard it right.

Erm...Lola ia a man?...

I am not touching this one. :lol:

yep, you heard it right.

Erm...Lola ia a man?...

Or my wonderful typo.

yep, you heard it right.

Erm...Lola ia a man?...

Or my wonderful typo.

*heads away from computer to get more calamine lotion*

yep, you heard it right.

Erm...Lola ia a man?...

{deleted by *~.}

Translate something by Darkest of the Hillside Thickets (or something like that).

I read it online, and, well...

Wow.

• 11 months later...

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*

Bike by Pink Floyd. :D

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

O.O

*blinks*

O.O

*Clears throat and begins to sing in a British accent*

I've got a Bike! You can ride it if you like!

It's got a Basket, a bell, and things that ring to make it look good...

I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it!

:lol: Want me to continue? :lol:

Flaming by Pink Floyd

The Gnome by Pink Floyd

Scarecrow by Pink Floyd

Bike by Pink Floyd

Fairy-tale songs gone wrong.

:lol: Want me to continue? :lol:

What a silly question! Of course we want you to continue!!!!!!! :D

Your the kind of girl that fits in with my world

i'll give you anything everything if you want things...

I've got a cloak! It's a bit of a joke!

It's got a tear up the front it's red and black i've had for months!

if you think it could look good, then I guess it should!

Your're the kind of girl that fits in with my world

i'll give you anything everything if you want things

I know a mouse and he hasn't got a house

I don't know why I call him Gerald!

he's getting rather old,, but he's a good mouse!

Your're the kind of girl that fits in with my world

i'll give you anything everything if you want things

(Shush, this is the best part...)

I've got a calan of gingerbread men!

There a man, there a man lots of gingerbread men!

Take a couple if ya wish, there on the dish!

your're the kind of girl that fits in with my world

I'll give you anything everything if you want things

I KNOW A ROOM OF MUSICAL TUNES,

SOME RHYME, SOME JING, MOST OF THEM ARE CLOCKWORK!

LRETS GO INTO THE OTHER ROOM AND MAKE IT WORK!

*~*The Psychedelic lUAU*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

You are so talented!!! I just love those lyrics!!!

*goes off to design a very special, one of a kind, award for Mushroom_king*

*Hula's*

I was reading this topic and noticed that somebody said something about LazyTown. I would just like to announce that one of the best songs ever made ever was from LazyTown. It's called "You Are a Pirate!". Thank you.

I was reading this topic and noticed that somebody said something about LazyTown. I would just like to announce that one of the best songs ever made ever was from LazyTown. It's called "You Are a Pirate!". Thank you.

*bows down*

Go pirates. They will someday be second in comand of the world..

With ninjas coming a close third, bacause I like them too.

Cheese will be the rulers of the world.

*bows down*

FOOL! *Throws Johnny depp at Glowurm*

...Evil Teachers will rule the world...

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine~*

*bows down*

Ah! I've been Johnny Depp'd... That's worse then pwnation!

*bows down*

*SWALLOWS JOHNNY DEPP IN ONE MIGHTY GULP* :o

• 2 weeks later...

*bows down*

*Gives Kat a glass of water to wash him down with*

*bows down*

*Gives Kat a glass of water to wash him down with*

*pours some liquid pin tac into - Kat's - glass of water*

*sigh*

top five rulers of the world

1: cheese ninjas

2: ninjas

3: cheese

4: giant corpartions (at least, those lead by any of the aforementioned 3)

5: not-pirates.

*shakes stick* >:o

True top five rulers of the world

1. Cheese

2. Pirates

3. Ninjas

4. Evil Teachers (So I dun get Johnny Depp'd again)

5. Hamsters

*sigh*

1. Cheese

2. Pirates

3. Ninjas

5. Hamsters

*watches intently*

Well, I am happy to see you included hamsters. :lol:

*sits in an armchair and sips the pin tac water*

Would you like a little umbrella with your glass of water? :D

That would be cool. :D

Real Top 5 Rulers of the World:

1. Viking/Ninja/Pirate hybrids (and any other combination of the three)

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me

*sigh*

1. Cheese

2. Pirates

3. Ninjas

5. Hamsters

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut*~*'

w00t for Evil Teachers! -Does the Evil Teacher dance-

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me

Excuse me... where are hamsters on your list? :huh:

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cutr*~*

Top 5 rulers of the world:

1. Me

2. Evil Teachers

3. Evil Ninja :ninja: Pirate Robot faerie demeon angel alien checkered zombie bunnies

4. Mushrooms

5. Everything mentioned in the other lists.

*~*the Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domine*~*

1. Me

2. Evil Teachers

3. Evil Ninja :ninja: Pirate Robot faerie demeon angel alien checkered zombie bunnies

4. Mushrooms

I don't see hamsters on your list! And no, telling me it falls under #5 won't work.

Eerr...

EVIL CHECKERED NINJA :ninja: PIRATE ROBOT VIKING TEACHER MOTHER JUDGE PROSECUTER WIFE WARLORD FAERIE ANGEL DEMON ALIEN ZOMBIE BUNNIES

...Will rule the world.

1. Me

2. Evil Teachers

4. Mushrooms

I don't see hamsters on your list! And no, telling me it falls under #5 won't work.

*~*The Grand Illueion*~*The Final Cut*~*

*Eats some Potato Chips* DUH! Hamsters are...weak...

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Right there. >_> Jeez. Horatio's goin' blind...

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Nice recovery!

*stops drawing the hangcat pic*

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Nice recovery!

Whoo. :D *not being hanged*

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Nice recovery!

You have nine lives. So what if you lose a one of them. :lol:

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Nice recovery!

Actualy, I've probably gone through six or seven by not without realizing it. o.o

2. Me

3. Eric Idol

4. Dinosaurs

5. Me and also hamsters

Nice recovery!

Actualy, I've probably gone through six or seven by not without realizing it. o.o

Then I can understand protecting the last two or three! :lol:

Peewee's Playhouse? :huh:

*sigh*

*wonders what cheese ninjas look like* :huh:

possibly like this...

post-6475-1157804666_thumb.jpg

*sigh*

possibly like this...

lolcheezninja.JPG

Great one!!!

*hands Cheesemaster The Platinum Moon Award* :D

*sigh*

possibly like this...

post-6475-1157804666_thumb.jpg

Cloudy Aisha Ribbon. Take it.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*The Astronomy Domien*~*

• 7 months later...

Some more misenterpreted lyrics:

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

Mississippi Queen-Mountain

Mr. Tambourine Man-The Byrds

Magic Carpet Ride-Steppenwolf

Incense and Peppermints-Strawberry alarm clock

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

I must say though, that when I made this topic a long time ago, i was thinking of the wrong word.

It was s'posta be Misheard Lyrics.

but.

whatever.

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

I must say though, that when I made this topic a long time ago, i was thinking of the wrong word.

but.

whatever.

It could be both. LOL

*fixes title*

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

I like misinterpreted better.

Oh, and two more songs to the list are Space Oddity by David Bowie and Spanish Castle Magic by Jimi Hendrix.

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~8the Astronomy Domine*~*

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

Oh, and two more songs to the list are Space Oddity by David Bowie and Spanish Castle Magic by Jimi Hendrix.

It works for me either way.

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

Now you have t either way. :lol:

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

*squashes all the home-schooled kids*

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

*sits back and watches, and hopes Horatio doesn't squash the kids with Obsessive-Compulsive disorder, because that would mean he would try to squash Joey Ramone and would therefore die a painful, Giant-GABBA-GABBA-HEY-Billboard-related death*

*~*The Psychedelic Luau*~*THe Astronomy Domine*~*

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

That's really not nice. You should just squash arkcher. Because it was him after all. It's like, say, shooting all people with blue hair because you don't like the colour D:

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

That's really not nice. You should just squash arkcher. Because it was him after all. It's like, say, shooting all people with blue hair because you don't like the colour D:

*looks for all the Beaver group*

*calls them in for back-up*

Do all you beavers have your supply of duct tape?

• 3 weeks later...

Beat on The Brat-Ramones

but.

whatever.

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

*looks for all the Beaver group*

*calls them in for back-up*

Do all you beavers have your supply of duct tape?

Psh. You can't use beavers for anything anymore. <.<

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

*sits back and watches, and hopes Horatio doesn't squash the kids with Obsessive-Compulsive disorder, because that would mean he would try to squash Joey Ramone and would therefore die a painful, Giant-GABBA-GABBA-HEY-Billboard-related death*

Proud To Be (self-diagnosed) OCD!

um.

sure.

I have t.

Grrrrr...

Proud To Be (self-diagnosed) OCD!

No idea why i said that, though...

Canada, maybe...

Although It would be funny to watch Horatio get squashed with a billboard...

Binh has OCD...

Gabba Gabba Hey...

Somewhat Off-Topic but this is a list of some things that make me think im OCD:

-i count stairs. any staircase i'm on...my staircase at home has 13, the one to the basement has 11..when i go up and staicase with 13 stairs i go 123 456 789 101112 13 like a pattern, with accents on the 1, 4, 7, 10, and 13...all the staircases in my school have 13 steps, so im always counting them...

-i like things to be even & symmetrical...theres somphomore textbooks sitting in the front of my english class evey day (im a freshman) and for the past few classes theres been 25 books in unequal piles...i want them to be a number divisible by three, and lined up, all going the same way, in 3 equal piles...although i've never actually fixed them

-whenever i close the lock on my locker, i spin it 3 times, then move it until it's at zero, then pull it. EVERY time i close my lock.

-i'm an altar server at my church, and whenever i serve, after mass, theres a closet with all the robes with the size #s on the hangers, and i put them in order. if i have time, i make sure the right robe is on each hanger. then i push aside half to the right and half to the left and leave

-the blankets on my bed always have to be in the same order...(and i have a bunch of blankets)

-whenever i type something for school or something, i read it over a million times before i print it, making sure i didnt make any mistakes...even though spell check said it was all right (but spell check doesnt do everything)

-when people say or type grammatical errors, i want to correct them. although not just grammatical errors. like my mom always says tape instead of dvd, and book on tape instead of book on cd and i ALWAYS correct her, which annoys her. (sorry mom!)

-i always get ready in the morning/get ready for bed in the same order: go to the bathroom, wash my hands, brush my teeth (in a methodic way) wash my face, and put on my acne medication. if it's in the morning, i change after that. if it's at night, i will already have changed & made my bed.

-i eat the same thing almost every day...chocolate chip pancakes or waffles and milk for breakfast, a scoop of peanut butter, cold noodles, carrots, chocolate pudding & a capri sun for lunch, and noodles, freezer chicken heated up in the oven, carrots, milk, and some dessert for dinner. and the noodles dont have ANYTHING on them....straight from the box to the pot. although this might be more picky eating than OCD.

-i synchronize everything. my clock in my room is synchronized to my watch, which is synchronized to my stereo, which is synchronized to my mp3 player, and my phone sets itself, and they're all the same time as my phone & other things that set themselves which i assume have very accurate times...i was changing everything for daylight saving time the other day and my mom or dad interrupted me and it kinda stressed me out because i was concentrating on keeping everything the same down to the second...

-if i step on a rock or something with one foot, i have to step on something that feels the same with my other foot or i'll feel unbalanced. also, when i step on a sidewalk crack, the next crack i step on has to be with the other foot.

SO..... now you people know why i think i have "mild" OCD...sorry this was so long

~Liz

BTW i didnt type all of this today....i copied & pasted it from a post i made on the Monk message board on the website for the Monk tv show. great show, but new episodes dont come on again until late summer. if u want to watch reruns they're on USA friday nights at 10 EST.

And randomly: in the latest issue of reader's digest, there's an article called "Are u normal" or something like that and they answer reader questions about if they think theyre not normal. at least three were possibly OCD. it's taking over the world.... :-)

• 2 weeks later...
))) i guess i scared everyone away with my OCD-ness (((

No you didn't, they are just hanging out in topics by TBFOF, Jesse and Jesusfreak in Fuzzy and Hampton.

The US Government topic is getting a little bit of action. My topic dies every single time I post, unless I drag people in there.

*thinks too much bike talk*

No you didn't, they are just hanging out in topics by TBFOF, Jesse and Jesusfreak in Fuzzy and Hampton.

The US Government topic is getting a little bit of action. My topic dies every single time I post, unless I drag people in there.

*~*The Grand Illusion*~*The Final Cut8~*

No offense, but I think that is the reason a lot of people don't post there (I.E. Me)

No offense, but I think that is the reason a lot of people don't post there (I.E. Me)

No offense taken. I appreciate the input. Thank you.

Oh im fine with the bike talk

Oh im fine with the bike talk

Then please come visit my topic in HampsterDance Talk and we will talk bikes. :)