Hampsterdance Discussion Board

What song are you listening to right now?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

broken wings, bleed the dream

depressing but wonderful

the song is about bleed the dream's drummer who had cancer, and they played a concert a block or so away from his hospital, and tried to play loud enough for him to hear

In a dream I spent the day with you

In a carriage bought by blood.

The clouds were singing songs of fear and loss;

And they cut me down to size.

And they cut me down to size.

Broken wings

Have a home tonight.

No one is listening, no one is listening.

When darkness fell on the streets last night,

We never expected, we never expected this.

In a perfect world, I'd never know your name,

And do we even know it when we die?

Or will death just pass us by?

Will death just pass us by?

Please just pass us by.

Broken wings

Have a home tonight.

We never expected, we never expected this.

When all this pain is justified,

While all the time is passing by.

Now is when we clench our fists

Knowing we can fight through this.

The hours and the days are gone.

The weeks and months are moving on.

Can't they see that nothing's gonna stop us now?

Broken wings

Have a home tonight.

we never expected, we never expected this.

Mad World -- Gary Jules

Well it's not technically "old" music, just music that stopped being popular about a year ago x__X And it's studdently all coming back to me.

Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care

"sarajevo 12/24" Trans Sibeian Orchestra.

I love that....

less than 2 months until Christmas!!

~Liz

Don't remind me. It seems to be that I see two months to go and they speed by so fast that I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get my shopping done.

I love that....

~Liz

Don't remind me. It seems to be that I see two months to go and they speed by so fast that I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get my shopping done.

I'm anxious for it to snow. My dad isn't. :rolleyes:

~Liz

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I'm in agreement with your father. :lol:

De-icing fluid ruins my shoes.

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

You live in Florida... :P No snow there!

I am listening to..

Yellow Submarine....but it's ending...now Octopus's Garden(Anthology version). Double Ringo! LOL. I have iTunes on shuffle....

~Liz

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

Yellow Submarine....but it's ending...now Octopus's Garden(Anthology version). Double Ringo! LOL. I have iTunes on shuffle....

~Liz

But yesterday I was in Lubbock and we had to de-ice the frost off the wings. Today I am in Philadelphia and tomorrow Chicago. Now that city is in snow territory! :lol:

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

But yesterday I was in Lubbock and we had to de-ice the frost off the wings. Today I am in Philadelphia and tomorrow Chicago. Now that city is in snow territory! :lol:

Lubbock? I will have to go look up where that is...Google Maps says is it is in Texas. :unsure:

Philadelphia is PA which borders on NY...you should have come and said hi! LOL

And Chicago is where my dad grew up! I know it can get cold there....

~Liz

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

Lubbock? I will have to go look up where that is...Google Maps says is it is in Texas. :unsure:

~Liz

When you look up Lubbock, which you are correct, is in Texas, look up the elevation. I find that interesting.

Philadelphia is lower PA and I would have never made it back for work. :lol: But the next time I am in New York, you can recommend a good play. Start thinking as I am to be there in about three days.

Chicago was really cold at night, but during the day with the sun out, the cold was tolerable.

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

~Liz

When you look up Lubbock, which you are correct, is in Texas, look up the elevation. I find that interesting.

Philadelphia is lower PA and I would have never made it back for work. :lol: But the next time I am in New York, you can recommend a good play. Start thinking as I am to be there in about three days.

Chicago was really cold at night, but during the day with the sun out, the cold was tolerable.

Great play: BILLY ELLIOT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am DYING to see it but sadly I haven't yet. (In case you were wondering, it's Elton's latest muscial. I have listened to the soundtrack 50 billion times...and I'm really desperate to see it! BUt my mom's trying to find decent priced tix on ebay, so the wait goes on. There's a Girl Scout trip to see it, which I am most definitely going on, but that's not until spring and I can't wait that long. :rolleyes: '

As to what I'm listening to, "Crazy Water" from "Blue Moves" (the album I got signed at the concert)

~Liz

"Sick City"

an awesome Elton b-side

first verse makes me want to say that to him...

Ooh she said the crowd just loved you

My name's Angel and I'm sixteen

I really love your band and your funny accent

Sure would like a cruise in your limousine

Then she said how about a rubdown

You're so cute, I'm so mean

The way you hold your guitar really gets me

I can show you tricks that you ain't never seen

(With "piano" instead of "guitar" lol.)

I've acted this out many a time in front of my bathroom mirror.... :rolleyes:

~Liz

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

~Liz

Great play: BILLY ELLIOT!!!!!!!!!!!! I am DYING to see it but sadly I haven't yet. (In case you were wondering, it's Elton's latest muscial. I have listened to the soundtrack 50 billion times...and I'm really desperate to see it! BUt my mom's trying to find decent priced tix on ebay, so the wait goes on. There's a Girl Scout trip to see it, which I am most definitely going on, but that's not until spring and I can't wait that long. :rolleyes: '

As to what I'm listening to, "Crazy Water" from "Blue Moves" (the album I got signed at the concert)

~Liz

I need to give you the name of a great ticket site with the best ticket prices anywhere. Even better then ebay.

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

I need to give you the name of a great ticket site with the best ticket prices anywhere. Even better then ebay.

Email me please! :D

~Liz

I love that....

~Liz

~Liz

I am listening to..

~Liz

~Liz

~Liz

Email me please! :D

~Liz

I will. Let me reconfirm the site with my friend and currently she is unavailable. The reason is due to the fact that she is on the train traveling from Los Angeles to New York. She hates to fly so this was the next best thing. She should be in New York on Sunday.

ROCKET MAAAN

I LOVE YOU!

For me it's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" (still ABBA) My mom has friends over to play cards and the requested music was ABBA Gold....

~Liz

yea, my mom told me a story at dinner about how my Uncle used to sing that song back in the day. so i listened to it on mah iPod.

ROCKET MAAAN

I LOVE YOU!

For me it's "Gimme Gimme Gimme" (still ABBA) My mom has friends over to play cards and the requested music was ABBA Gold....

~Liz

yea, my mom told me a story at dinner about how my Uncle used to sing that song back in the day. so i listened to it on mah iPod.

Awesome! :D Great song...

~Liz

"She Holds a Key" by Gavin Degraw. He's one of my favourite artists and I'm gonna see him live a week on Monday... I can't wait! This song is so beautiful.

"In love with a girl", Gavin Degraw again. I really must stop listneing to the same artist over and over again.

"Cop Stop" by Gavin Degraw. I love this song because its first line is: "When your feathers are soaked and your eyes are too bloody to see", which is fairly suitable for a person of my birdage.

I'm Just a Bill-Schoolhouse Rock.

They desperately need to do an SNL skit of Bill Clinton singing this.

omg! We watched that in US history class like a week or two ago. (BTW, I'm a junior in high school.) XD

And we watched some of the grammar ones freshman year in english class...

~Liz

• 3 weeks later...
BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP

just came on the radio...such a fun song!!!!!! :D

~Liz

I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee that song!!!

It's so upbeat and happy! :lol:

I was listening to our Billboard CDs later...one of them had Buttercup on it, so I heard it again. We have Billboard 69, 70, 72, and 73 (73 has Crocodile Rock & Goodbye Yellow Brick Road ^_^ )

I was listening to them when I put "Mama Told me not to come"

~Liz

The Killers - Spaceman

Have you heard the Killers' new Christmas single, "Joseph, Better you than me?" Elton sings on it. And might have written part of it too...

~Liz

O: For real? No, I'll have to go look that up. I've been listening to their song from last year, though. XD

The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa

Mmkay, I just listened to Joseph, Better You Than Me, and it was really cool!

The Killers - Spaceman

Have you heard the Killers' new Christmas single, "Joseph, Better you than me?" Elton sings on it. And might have written part of it too...

~Liz

O: For real? No, I'll have to go look that up. I've been listening to their song from last year, though. XD

The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa

Mmkay, I just listened to Joseph, Better You Than Me, and it was really cool!

Cool! Glad you liked it. There's a video on Elton's site

~Liz

• 2 weeks later...
Beatles

One After 909

on Pandora radio which I just joined yesterday and it's AWESOME

~Liz

Yes....yes, it is.

My dad found out about it at a New Year's party and then he told me, and I was zomg this is so cool! :P

~Liz