Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Arkcher's Super Duper Guide to Werewolves!

I just felt like posting these notes and such on the Werewolf stuffs I have.

If anyone has better rescource, Do tell, as some of this may be inaccurate.

This was taken off of -cough- a lycanthrope RPG. thing. Not mine -cough- sssssoooooo Yeah. <.<;; Have a look.

Note that this does not entirely cooexist with my werewolf series. Two seperate things here. Bits and parts of this are based off of that series.

Concerning the Werewolves' physical abilities...

Here are the stages of werewolves that I have thus far:

Human

TF (Transform) stage Werewolf

Young Werewolf

Basic Werewolf

Post-Embryonic Werewolf

Advanced Werewolf

Mature Werewolf

Werewolf Master

Elder Werewolf

Retiree Werewolf

Describing these now, would be as follows.

Human, well, Self explanatory. Your a human, not yet a werewolf.

TransForm stage Werewolf would be in the process of changing form a human to a werewolf for the first time.

Young Werewolves would be when their transformation is completed, And they discover their incredible new body.

Basic Werewolves have produced more werewolf blood in their system, They are stronger, faster, over all more capable than Young Werewolves.

A Post-Embryonic Werewolf is beginning its maturity stages, Their muscle mass increases, they are stronger, their senses heighten immensely, And they begin their form of being able to effectively defend themselves.

Advanced Werewolves are mere steps away from being at full power- They are still learning however... They must continue to grow and experience the lycanthrope ways.

Mature Werewolves are at their prime. They are incredibly strong, Very agile, They have unbeatable senses, They are excellent hunters.

Werewolf Masters are when they begin to grow progressively weaker, older and less effective. Their experience and wisdom remain- They are usually the ones who are the Alpha leaders of the pack. They are to be respected by all, They are however still strong, but the Mature werewolves can still do things more effectively.

an Elder Werewolf would be too old to defend themselves, though are occasionally handy to have around the pack with you. They usually have wisdom to share with everyone, and often help out with leading the Alpha wolves in the packs.

Retiree Werewolves, well, Can't really do much. Others have to take care of them, Being too weak and old to do much. Too old to work, They frequently participate in varied games or activities, upon having nothing else to do. Of course, On the condition they are capable of such.

Regardless of stage, (Post-embryonic, mature, master, ect.) All Werewolves are at a capability/transformation level. Read below:

Depending on how much lycanthrope serum was in a beings body, They have different transformation ways.

Type 1: Most common, The human was bitten once with the full ejection of the serum. The werewolf bit the human, ejected the serum fully, you get it. This wolf has the capability to be a Human or a Werewolf, changing at will.

Type 2: Common, But not as common as type 1. The human or werewolf (werewolves that get bitten have the serum added to what they used to have) was bitten twice with the full ejection twice. Same as before, The werewolf must bite the victim twice in order for type 2 to take effect. This wolf has the capability to be a Normal Wolf or a Werewolf, Changing at will.

Type 3: Rather rare, usually seen twice or so in a lifetime. (As in, two seperate Type 3 wolves in ones lifetime.) The wolf was bitten a whole three times in order for this to take place. This wolf is always a lycanthrope, no matter what. Cannot transform.

Type 4: Really quite rare, Very uncommon. This wolf had been bitten four or more times. This wolf is very unpredictable- Changes from feral wolf, to werewolf randomly. No control over when the transformations take place. The wolf is somewhat insane- Frequent homicidal rampages, Occasionally will not react to the situation as necessary. Constant uneasy breathing, The thick fluid of Lycanthrope serum is clogging their blood system, They are either immensely strong, or strangely weak.

Type 5: Considering their lifespan of 15 minutes at most, These are very rare. The thick serum of Lycanthrope, is causing blood clots and heart failure, brain damage and muscle spasms, occasional hallucination. The wolf was bitten six times or more for this to happen. They have at most 20 minutes to live after the sixth bite. They are literally insane in their short life, frequently destroying everything in sight. They uncontrollably change from human, feral wolf, to insane werewolf.

They die before they cause too much trouble.

---

Some of us may or may not know what this whole Alpha, Beta, Gamma stuff is in werewolves. I'll describe them to the best of my knowledge. anyone who needs to correct me, Do tell.

ALPHA wolves are in charge of everything. They keep the wolves in line, make sure they are following any rules set (if any) And administrate everything, in short. They do have the power to kick you out of the pack and abandon you perpetually, Though they also have the ability to accept wolves' requests to join their pack.

BETA wolves are, well, second in command. If the Alpha's are killed off or aren't around for whatever reason, The Beta's take charge. Alpha's could trust the Beta's with anything, Though if the Beta were to betray anyone... Thats more than likely one of the last things they'll do. They have an important position and must respect that.

DELTA (Isnt that some airline industry? somethin like that?) wolves are the left-hand helpers of the Alpha's. Delta's will take care of what the Beta's and Alpha's do not. They're still important however.

GAMMA's are usually Advanced Werewolf level or higher, They dont have many responsibilities, Not much is to be expected out of Gamma's. They often help with the less important things in Pack houses.

OMEGA wolves are just there. They dont do anything important, This being the least trusted of wolves as they have no responsibilities. This is usually where Basic Werewolves or higher are places.

HUNTING FIGHTERS are the main fighting force of the pack. They are agile, skilled, strong, And importantly, rather intimidating. They are the defense of the pack, And usually kill off any betrayers. Again, They are the fighting force of the pack. They make the most kills in battles. They are not someone you want to mess with.

BROODS (lacking a better word) are too young to defend themselves, And are dependant on the Delta and Gamma wolves. They are taught against trusting the Omega wolves, Though the Brood wolves have a tendency to wander off out of the adult wolves' sight. Live or die- They are lone wolves from that point on.

Broods have the young wolves, pups, if you will, and the Transformation Stage Werewolves on up.

I'll add more later. like. Mannerisms and physical descriptions.

I just felt like posting these notes and such on the Werewolf stuffs I have.

If anyone has better rescource, Do tell, as some of this may be inaccurate.

This was taken off of -cough- a lycanthrope RPG. thing. Not mine -cough- sssssoooooo Yeah. <.<;; Have a look.

Note that this does not entirely cooexist with my werewolf series. Two seperate things here. Bits and parts of this are based off of that series.

Concerning the Werewolves' physical abilities...

Here are the stages of werewolves that I have thus far:

Human

TF (Transform) stage Werewolf

Young Werewolf

Basic Werewolf

Post-Embryonic Werewolf

Advanced Werewolf

Mature Werewolf

Werewolf Master

Elder Werewolf

Retiree Werewolf

Describing these now, would be as follows.

Human, well, Self explanatory. Your a human, not yet a werewolf.

TransForm stage Werewolf would be in the process of changing form a human to a werewolf for the first time.

Young Werewolves would be when their transformation is completed, And they discover their incredible new body.

Basic Werewolves have produced more werewolf blood in their system, They are stronger, faster, over all more capable than Young Werewolves.

A Post-Embryonic Werewolf is beginning its maturity stages, Their muscle mass increases, they are stronger, their senses heighten immensely, And they begin their form of being able to effectively defend themselves.

Advanced Werewolves are mere steps away from being at full power- They are still learning however... They must continue to grow and experience the lycanthrope ways.

Mature Werewolves are at their prime. They are incredibly strong, Very agile, They have unbeatable senses, They are excellent hunters.

Werewolf Masters are when they begin to grow progressively weaker, older and less effective. Their experience and wisdom remain- They are usually the ones who are the Alpha leaders of the pack. They are to be respected by all, They are however still strong, but the Mature werewolves can still do things more effectively.

an Elder Werewolf would be too old to defend themselves, though are occasionally handy to have around the pack with you. They usually have wisdom to share with everyone, and often help out with leading the Alpha wolves in the packs.

Retiree Werewolves, well, Can't really do much. Others have to take care of them, Being too weak and old to do much. Too old to work, They frequently participate in varied games or activities, upon having nothing else to do. Of course, On the condition they are capable of such.

Regardless of stage, (Post-embryonic, mature, master, ect.) All Werewolves are at a capability/transformation level. Read below:

Depending on how much lycanthrope serum was in a beings body, They have different transformation ways.

Type 1: Most common, The human was bitten once with the full ejection of the serum. The werewolf bit the human, ejected the serum fully, you get it. This wolf has the capability to be a Human or a Werewolf, changing at will.

Type 2: Common, But not as common as type 1. The human or werewolf (werewolves that get bitten have the serum added to what they used to have) was bitten twice with the full ejection twice. Same as before, The werewolf must bite the victim twice in order for type 2 to take effect. This wolf has the capability to be a Normal Wolf or a Werewolf, Changing at will.

Type 3: Rather rare, usually seen twice or so in a lifetime. (As in, two seperate Type 3 wolves in ones lifetime.) The wolf was bitten a whole three times in order for this to take place. This wolf is always a lycanthrope, no matter what. Cannot transform.

Type 4: Really quite rare, Very uncommon. This wolf had been bitten four or more times. This wolf is very unpredictable- Changes from feral wolf, to werewolf randomly. No control over when the transformations take place. The wolf is somewhat insane- Frequent homicidal rampages, Occasionally will not react to the situation as necessary. Constant uneasy breathing, The thick fluid of Lycanthrope serum is clogging their blood system, They are either immensely strong, or strangely weak.

Type 5: Considering their lifespan of 15 minutes at most, These are very rare. The thick serum of Lycanthrope, is causing blood clots and heart failure, brain damage and muscle spasms, occasional hallucination. The wolf was bitten six times or more for this to happen. They have at most 20 minutes to live after the sixth bite. They are literally insane in their short life, frequently destroying everything in sight. They uncontrollably change from human, feral wolf, to insane werewolf.

They die before they cause too much trouble.

---

Some of us may or may not know what this whole Alpha, Beta, Gamma stuff is in werewolves. I'll describe them to the best of my knowledge. anyone who needs to correct me, Do tell.

ALPHA wolves are in charge of everything. They keep the wolves in line, make sure they are following any rules set (if any) And administrate everything, in short. They do have the power to kick you out of the pack and abandon you perpetually, Though they also have the ability to accept wolves' requests to join their pack.

BETA wolves are, well, second in command. If the Alpha's are killed off or aren't around for whatever reason, The Beta's take charge. Alpha's could trust the Beta's with anything, Though if the Beta were to betray anyone... Thats more than likely one of the last things they'll do. They have an important position and must respect that.

DELTA (Isnt that some airline industry? somethin like that?) wolves are the left-hand helpers of the Alpha's. Delta's will take care of what the Beta's and Alpha's do not. They're still important however.

GAMMA's are usually Advanced Werewolf level or higher, They dont have many responsibilities, Not much is to be expected out of Gamma's. They often help with the less important things in Pack houses.

OMEGA wolves are just there. They dont do anything important, This being the least trusted of wolves as they have no responsibilities. This is usually where Basic Werewolves or higher are places.

HUNTING FIGHTERS are the main fighting force of the pack. They are agile, skilled, strong, And importantly, rather intimidating. They are the defense of the pack, And usually kill off any betrayers. Again, They are the fighting force of the pack. They make the most kills in battles. They are not someone you want to mess with.

BROODS (lacking a better word) are too young to defend themselves, And are dependant on the Delta and Gamma wolves. They are taught against trusting the Omega wolves, Though the Brood wolves have a tendency to wander off out of the adult wolves' sight. Live or die- They are lone wolves from that point on.

Broods have the young wolves, pups, if you will, and the Transformation Stage Werewolves on up.

I'll add more later. like. Mannerisms and physical descriptions.

EDIT on Omega wolves:

OMEGA's are the scapegoats of the pack. They are continuously picked on and looked down upon. They are the last in line for everything and get the raw deal everytime. They are the lowest of the low and not very trustworthy. However, they are still accepted by the pack and are an important part of its structure.

Dragon magizine has had a few articles, again, mainly RPG stuffs.

you might mention the Lunar cycle, and it's effect on transformation (for sub-masters)

(the following apply to type one werewolves only)

effects on human form: (improved sense of smell, et al.)

the social risks

stress and lycanthopy

Dragon magizine has had a few articles, again, mainly RPG stuffs.

you might mention the Lunar cycle, and it's effect on transformation (for sub-masters)

(the following apply to type one werewolves only)

effects on human form: (improved sense of smell, et al.)

the social risks

stress and lycanthopy

Never heard of it.

Forgot all about that... o_o

Since they're still weakling humans, I never figured they'd have much improvement. Possibly a few visual features (a bit more hairy than others, usually sharper teeth, off-color eyes, ect.)

But thanks anyway. =D

Never heard of it.

Since they're still weakling humans, I never figured they'd have much improvement. Possibly a few visual features (a bit more hairy than others, usually sharper teeth, off-color eyes, ect.)

But thanks anyway. =D

AD&D only has what you refer to as "type one" and "type two" werewoves, with only "type one" being able to infect humans, (infected nonhumans typically express type five symtoms, exepting transformation, depending on DM's whims)

although it also has several other were-s

(rat, boar, & bear, being the most common, although any common animal could potenitally have a weretype.)

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

AD&D only has what you refer to as "type one" and "type two" werewoves, with only "type one" being able to infect humans, (infected nonhumans typically express type five symtoms, exepting transformation, depending on DM's whims)

(rat, boar, & bear, being the most common, although any common animal could potenitally have a weretype.)

I've been making more and more progress in finding out about lycanthopy effecting creatures other than human, also having were-othercreatures.

Though I could try taking your suggestion of a vampire-werewolf. =D

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

I've been making more and more progress in finding out about lycanthopy effecting creatures other than human, also having were-othercreatures.

What would whoever it bit turn into?

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

The only logical thing.... a vampire hammie! :lol::lol::lol:

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

The only logical thing.... a vampire hammie! :lol::lol::lol:

How is that logical? o_o;;;

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

Werewolf, werecat, Wererabbit, weresquirrel, wereskunk (yup. o_o) Werebat, Weremouse... Whatever it was before only in more of a lycan' shape. And from that point, Any human it bites becomes what the other thing... was... o_o

I still cant decide how the were-other-critters would come about. <.<

Oh. Really. :rolleyes:

:huh: And... Just what do you mean to say by 'Oh. really.'?

Dun Know. Just never knew there were soo many......

werewolves.

I just made this all up, really. with. with rescources. >.> -runs-

Never heard of it.

But thanks anyway. =D

Werewolf, werecat, Wererabbit, weresquirrel, wereskunk (yup. o_o) Werebat, Weremouse... Whatever it was before only in more of a lycan' shape. And from that point, Any human it bites becomes what the other thing... was... o_o

I still cant decide how the were-other-critters would come about. <.<

I was talking about the werewolf/vampire thinger...

I dunno, perhaps a gift from Ki, or Artemis, (or any other nature deity). I think some egyptin deitiy is wolf-like.

hmm, that gives me the beginnings of an idea, two groups of weres,

one, the chosen children of nature.

the other, a evil collection of unnatural abominations.

of course, most humans would only know of the latter, because they would be the ones attacking passersby for the fun of it.

• 8 months later...

Hey look, i found this old topic.

Upon reading other peoples' fanfics, articles, theories etc. about werewolves, I've found that this lexicon dealie that I made isnt really great. So.

I'm going to revise this whole thing and make it cooler. It will be the lexicon and/or coexistant... thingy of unexplained mysteries, of the current werewolf stories.

Upon some of this 'research' of mine, i'll answer a few of your questions...

Lycanthropy (i guess it would be the proper word for Werewolf-itude) is a form of biological metamorphosis, or rather shapeshifting. Lycanthropy specifically refers to werewolves, but there are other anthropomorphical creatures as I mentioned earlier (were-other critter.) This would be known as Therianthropy. Lycanthropy, as far as i've found, is the only real word for a therianthrope that refers to a specific counterpart of the human. As found in egyptian hyroglyphs or however its spelled, the odd creatures such as Ra, humans with the heads of other creatures (avians, canines, felines, etc.) are ancient religious deific therianthropes.

Now, if a lycanthrope were to bite another crature...

be it Human, there is no lycanthropal serum secreted in their bodies, it is a very hard to detect, let alone extract, chemical in their saliva. So, upon their victim being bitten, their teeth create punctures in their prey, and they salivate all over their victim, leaving them 'injected' as would be said in my stories.

This chemical in their saliva, i guess still could be considered that lycanthropal serum, can do one of two things. If it is injected into a human, the human is then related to the therianthrope that had bitten it. If it is injected into an animal of any other sort, the animal is then given a human counterpart, making it a therianthrope. This is not reccomended, however, as they have little to no mental concept of civilization, and they stick out like a sore thumb among other humans. They then establish their own congregations in forests and uninhabitted areas, which other creatures durst not enter.

If a lycanthrope bit a vampire, uh... I havent found anything about that in the handy resources i found this other stuff in, so i'll make something up.

The vampire that was bitten would then die, or rather, become inactive and decay, considering Vampires are already supposedly dead. The lykos (wolven part of Lycanthrope.) counterpart of the vampire is a living creature, so, if spawned from a dead creature, or a vampire, it will change into a wolf and die. 'Makes sense to me.

The origin of the word Lycanthrope, would be greek. It consists of two greek words.

What wikipedias and stuff say about it, is that it is Lykos, being Wolf, and Anthropos, being Human.

My interpretation of the word Lycanthrope, is that Lyc, (which according to ancient greek mythology, was a forest-dwelling, very insociable human, who offered his cottage as a temporary haven for passersby, but giving the passersby poisoned food. Zues got mad at him and turned him into a wolf, though something like his evil wills fought against Zues' curse half-heartedly, and gave Lyc the ability to change into a hybrid of his human body and his new wolf body, Thus creating the first werewolf.) meaning something like Strong/Envigorated Wolf, and Anthropomorph, meaning mixture of the prefixing word (referring to a biological form) and a human.

Any more questions?

Upon reading other peoples' fanfics, articles, theories etc. about werewolves, I've found that this lexicon dealie that I made isnt really great. So.

I'm going to revise this whole thing and make it cooler. It will be the lexicon and/or coexistant... thingy of unexplained mysteries, of the current werewolf stories.

Lycanthropy (i guess it would be the proper word for Werewolf-itude) is a form of biological metamorphosis, or rather shapeshifting. Lycanthropy specifically refers to werewolves, but there are other anthropomorphical creatures as I mentioned earlier (were-other critter.) This would be known as Therianthropy. Lycanthropy, as far as i've found, is the only real word for a therianthrope that refers to a specific counterpart of the human. As found in egyptian hyroglyphs or however its spelled, the odd creatures such as Ra, humans with the heads of other creatures (avians, canines, felines, etc.) are ancient religious deific therianthropes.

be it Human, there is no lycanthropal serum secreted in their bodies, it is a very hard to detect, let alone extract, chemical in their saliva. So, upon their victim being bitten, their teeth create punctures in their prey, and they salivate all over their victim, leaving them 'injected' as would be said in my stories.

This chemical in their saliva, i guess still could be considered that lycanthropal serum, can do one of two things. If it is injected into a human, the human is then related to the therianthrope that had bitten it. If it is injected into an animal of any other sort, the animal is then given a human counterpart, making it a therianthrope. This is not reccomended, however, as they have little to no mental concept of civilization, and they stick out like a sore thumb among other humans. They then establish their own congregations in forests and uninhabitted areas, which other creatures durst not enter.

If a lycanthrope bit a vampire, uh... I havent found anything about that in the handy resources i found this other stuff in, so i'll make something up.

The vampire that was bitten would then die, or rather, become inactive and decay, considering Vampires are already supposedly dead. The lykos (wolven part of Lycanthrope.) counterpart of the vampire is a living creature, so, if spawned from a dead creature, or a vampire, it will change into a wolf and die. 'Makes sense to me.

The origin of the word Lycanthrope, would be greek. It consists of two greek words.

What wikipedias and stuff say about it, is that it is Lykos, being Wolf, and Anthropos, being Human.

My interpretation of the word Lycanthrope, is that Lyc, (which according to ancient greek mythology, was a forest-dwelling, very insociable human, who offered his cottage as a temporary haven for passersby, but giving the passersby poisoned food. Zues got mad at him and turned him into a wolf, though something like his evil wills fought against Zues' curse half-heartedly, and gave Lyc the ability to change into a hybrid of his human body and his new wolf body, Thus creating the first werewolf.) meaning something like Strong/Envigorated Wolf, and Anthropomorph, meaning mixture of the prefixing word (referring to a biological form) and a human.

Any more questions?

Nope. n_n

Any more questions?

Why does a full moon cause lycanthropine characteristics to come out?

Any more questions?

:lol: For the same reason it causes humans to become "loony" (lune - y) !!! :lol:

Any more questions?

:lol: For the same reason it causes humans to become "loony" (lune - y) !!! :lol:

that's mainly in the european tradition. i belive in asian mythology, therians can hold either shape until their true nature is exposed.

As specified in me written works, the greek goddess Artemis is ruler over the Moon, and hunting, wild beasts, so on and so forth. I just put those together and put it so that she was the deific lycanthrope.

It is Artemis' influencial nature over her underlings, other lycanthropes, that causes them to act violently. Also, the deific power of the moon has envigorating effect on the creatures it is connected to; When exposed to the full moon, a werewolf heals much faster, is more pain tolerant, senses sharpen, things like that.

In short, they just get an envigorated sensation when around their figure of authority. for example, if you were in the presence of govornment officials, supposing you werent rebelious enough to murder them on sight, You would probably act differently than how you would around equals. Artemis is more deific than most govorning officials, (though fictional, Artemis is still cool) so she also, sort of radiates the envigoration that only lycanthropes sucha s herself are effected by.

• 5 months later...
Arkcherrrrrr... would this topic be of help to you??????

Not really, I already found the files on my compy that had all this mess on it.

Oh wait a minute. i think this is one i didnt have. -runs off to check-