Hampsterdance Discussion Board

Silly hamsters.

Mah hamsters are insane and hilarious.

Spider, the evil one, is apparently living proof that hamster-fat decreases their pouch size as she cant hold more than about 10 sunflower seeds in her body at one time.

I put the leftover sunflower seeds in the food bowl, and Samus (the spiffy hamster) climbs inside and starts eating them, while Spider half-way climbs on with her front legs on top of it, her back legs still on the ground. I picked up the food bowl, and put it back in the food corner, and Samus kept on eating, oblivious to her surroundings, and Spider just hung on the side of the bowl and got a free ride through the cage to the other side.

Upon lading, the hamsters just continues what they were doing 5 seconds ago.

and Horatio, I cant remember if you answered or not, Is there something I can do abous Samus repeatedly filling her face with seeds and dumping them all out in the excersize wheel? she runs in there frequently, more often than not with the seeds rattling all around. I know why they do it, cuz you said so already, but I cant find a way to stop them from doing this.

Mah hamsters are insane and hilarious.

Spider, the evil one, is apparently living proof that hamster-fat decreases their pouch size as she cant hold more than about 10 sunflower seeds in her body at one time.

I put the leftover sunflower seeds in the food bowl, and Samus (the spiffy hamster) climbs inside and starts eating them, while Spider half-way climbs on with her front legs on top of it, her back legs still on the ground. I picked up the food bowl, and put it back in the food corner, and Samus kept on eating, oblivious to her surroundings, and Spider just hung on the side of the bowl and got a free ride through the cage to the other side.

Upon lading, the hamsters just continues what they were doing 5 seconds ago.

and Horatio, I cant remember if you answered or not, Is there something I can do abous Samus repeatedly filling her face with seeds and dumping them all out in the excersize wheel? she runs in there frequently, more often than not with the seeds rattling all around. I know why they do it, cuz you said so already, but I cant find a way to stop them from doing this.

If you are trying to keep them from putting the seeds in the wheel at night, then you need to put the seeds in their cage in the morning and just before you go to bed, remove the seeds from the wheel. I have one hammy friend that was stuffing her wheel and then trying to run all night long and she eventually got over it. That was on her own. I changed her food, I tried everything to no avail. Good luck. Try feeding them in the morning and see if that helps. This will allow them the day to hide their food. I would also change the treat and give them raw peanuts. If they are not sure what to do with them, just break open the shell so that they know they have to chew throught the shell to get to the good stuff. If you buy the raw peanuts at the grocery store, they may be a bit less expensive then the pet store. You just have to compare the prices.