Hampsterdance Discussion Board

I FUZZY LOVER FOR WASHINGTON

fuzzy the hamster

HEY I AM WASHINGTONS HAMSTER LOVER I NAMED MY HAMSTER FUZZY JR  :D  B)

That's great!!! What does your hammie look like?

Welcome to HampsterDance Boards. Do you like stories? Check out Werewolf and some of the other stories in the Stories forum.

it brown / gold with big black eyes  he dances   And he is mine i got him yesterday so eneyone have tips thank you

Benjamin

He sounds wonderful! Benjamin is a great name. Herbert was brown and gold and was so beautiful. If I forget, remind me... I have lots of very, very important tips for you on hammy care.

it brown / gold with big black eyes  he dances   And he is mine i got him yesterday so eneyone have tips thank you

Benjamin

Here are a couple of tips for you.

NO: Cedar or Scented Pine Shavings. These will give your hammie respiratory problems.

NO: Toilet paper, Kleenex, Tissue, Paper Towel or Napkin paper. This can get stuck in the hammie's pouches and become infected. NO regular paper as this paper is bleached.

Keep your hammie away from the window and air conditioning vents. Windows have a tendency to be drafty and can make your hammie's cage cold. If the sun shines in the window into the cage, your hammie can die of heat or sun stroke.

NO: Wire wheels. Get a wheel that is solid. The wire wheels will make their feet bleed.

YES: Very small pieces of cheese and meat are okay. Raw peanuts, raw broccoli, raw cauliflower, raw carrot pieces are okay. On the raw vegetables, give your hammie a very small piece. There are lots of hammie treats in the pet stores. Meal worms are very nice.

Very important: Things to chew on. Your hammie needs to wear down his teeth. Lava blocks, or wood pieces from the pet store. Do NOT go out side and pick up a piece of wood because you will bring in bugs. Corn cobbies are fantastic for your hammie. They want to have things to do. All kind of hammie chew things are fun for your hammie. There are popcorn sticks and other kinds of fruit and nut bars, yogurt bits and lots of great treats at the pet store. Each hammie is different, so you will have to see what your pet really likes and what he doesn't.

Most important is a water bottle. Water bottles are superior to bowls of water as the water will always be clean and fresh.

If you are ready for more, then let me know and I will give you more tips.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...